Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Ha. You know, I never even thought of that, probably because I like animals more than people. 

Me, too.  I would never subject my dog to anyone who didn't like him, and vice versa.  It isn't fair for either one, and a camping trip is WAY too long an interaction IMO, unless they made friends first.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Ray Liotta has done something frightful to his face. He's in those Chantix commercials and his face looks like it's filled with Botox then covered in wax, and he seems to be wearing eyeliner. It's very strange. He was on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmitdt just a year ago and looked perfectly normal. Maybe he just got a really bad make-up artist for this particular job.

Holy shit! i thought that was the madame troussous (fucked up spelling) wax museum character! Lol. Poor Ray Liotta. His bad plastic surgery did more damage to him than smoking.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Maybe it's the channels I watch, but the Corona Light spots that run every break.  "Don't you know that I love you, cha cha cha" .  I swear blood squirts out my ears every time!

Agree, though sometimes I mime the stagey scream at the beginning of the song before I hit the mute button. I think I must be easily amused.

• Love 4
On 2018-07-27 at 6:45 PM, Jamoche said:

Because most adults have an "and then a car didn't stop" story, but it usually ends with "it was just a minor ding, and fortunately neither of us had Liberty Mutual, so we got it sorted".

lol.  

actually, i think it bugs me because it's such a contrived way of writing just to achieve the brief dramatic moment.  stories don't really "stop." They end.  And cars don't "end," they stop.  saying "and then a car didn't stop....and neither did our story" just sounds kinda dumb.  

• Love 3
19 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

The general consensus seems to be that Ray Liotta has either overdone or received bad fillers.

Shame, he could've aged just fine!

http://celebrityabc.net/ray-liotta-plastic-surgery-before-and-after

Oh, hahahahahahaha.  Scroll down; read his statistics...Dress size 14.  They must have a standard form for their plastic surgery people that assumes everyone under the knife is a woman. Bwaahahahahahahha.

• Love 4
On 7/31/2018 at 8:27 AM, Ubiquitous said:

I heard totally automatic driving will be common around 2020 and people who drive manually will be looked at strangely b/c they're not as good as the autodrive cars.

Even if they came out with self-driving cars this year that everyone loved, not enough people would rush out and get one that "regular" cars wouldn't still be the norm in a year and a half.

18 hours ago, Bastet said:

Because it's a camping trip, which is very much a dog-friendly outing?  If the guy is going to date her, he's doing to have to learn whether he can deal with the fact her life involves a dog.  And now that he and the dog have made peace, that shouldn't be an issue for however long the relationship lasts.  (Unless she brings the dog absolutely everywhere.)

My problem here is that her dog is behaving aggressively toward this guy and she just seems to think it's funny.  She strikes me as either an asshole or an irresponsible dog owner, or both.  I think the guy should have broken up with her long before the camping trip.  Plus (and I think I mentioned this a while back), his crack about the dog being an old soul that hates his guts is not funny. but it cracks the lady up.

Edited by janie jones
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, Bastet said:

Because it's a camping trip, which is very much a dog-friendly outing?  If the guy is going to date her, he's doing to have to learn whether he can deal with the fact her life involves a dog.  And now that he and the dog have made peace, that shouldn't be an issue for however long the relationship lasts.  (Unless she brings the dog absolutely everywhere.)

She knows the dog hates the boyfriend.  A trip, camping or not, is a terrible place to try and get them to make peace.  Plus, at least one night of the trip was definitely not camping because the dog is in bed with its owner, while the poor boyfriend has to sleep in the tub, I guess, because the dog growls at him when he gets near the bedroom door.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, janie jones said:

My problem here is that her dog is behaving aggressively toward this guy and she just seems to think it's funny.  She strikes me as either an asshole or an irresponsible dog owner, or both.  I think the guy should have broken up with her long before the camping trip.

I totally agree, you said it much better than I did.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

She knows the dog hates the boyfriend.  A trip, camping or not, is a terrible place to try and get them to make peace. 

Obviously not, since it worked.

• Love 5

Somebody needs to tell Dennis Haysbert that Park is not the most common street name in America.  According to Google, it's the fifth most common name.  The most common name is Second Street.  Not First Street, because some towns use Main Street instead of First Street.

• Love 3

I scrolled back a few pages to see if anyone mentioned the spot for Mintmobile, which features a bunch of young partygoers around a buffet table, sticking their hands in a large bowl of dip, and slurping it off their fingers.

No.  Just no.

• Love 5
On 8/2/2018 at 8:41 PM, chenoa333 said:

Holy shit! i thought that was the madame troussous (fucked up spelling) wax museum character! Lol. Poor Ray Liotta. His bad plastic surgery did more damage to him than smoking.

I never understand these celebrities with their horrific plastic surgery (Meg Ryan, Reba McIntyre, Joan Van Ark, John Travolta, etc).  They have all the money in the world, figuratively speaking, yet they can't find a competent plastic surgeon?  How does that happen?

• Love 14

The Echo ad where the worthless father has to be told every little thing about how to parent his baby, like where the teething ring is.  Oh, and being told he's doing a great job.

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 10

ray liotta's face appears to have a range of expression starting at "weird little half-smile" and extending all the way over to "1/4" wider weird little half-smile.".  That chantix ad is frightening.  

i suspect part part of the explanation for the bad plastic surgery results you see on celebrities is that they are attempting to fix issues that aren't really very bad.  the flaws they hope to fix are just really minor normal aging things that any normal person wouldn't be worried about but because they see themselves so often on screen they are hyper critical.  the doctors are often likely caught in a difficult situation and it's probably pretty easy to over-do it...

Edited by Zevious Zoquis
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

ray liotta's face appears to have a range of expression starting at "weird little half-smile" and extending all the way over to "1/4" wider weird little half-smile.".  That chantix ad is frightening.

This is a perfect description.  Poor Ray, I really like him and his face doesn't move any more.

• Love 8
On 8/3/2018 at 8:07 AM, proserpina65 said:

She knows the dog hates the boyfriend.  A trip, camping or not, is a terrible place to try and get them to make peace.  Plus, at least one night of the trip was definitely not camping because the dog is in bed with its owner, while the poor boyfriend has to sleep in the tub, I guess, because the dog growls at him when he gets near the bedroom door.

The bedroom thing is a different thing.  The commercial takes place over several days/weeks.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, janie jones said:

The bedroom thing is a different thing.  The commercial takes place over several days/weeks.

Yes, it's snapshots of their relationship, times when the three of them were together and the dog wasn't exactly thrilled about it.  The camping trip is, I think, the first time they are not in the dog's territory; the rest of the times they're in the house or the car.  Once they spend some time together on neutral ground, that's when the dog realizes, "You know, this invader is actually alright."

• Love 11

It reminds me of my last serious relationship (coughadecadeagocough), when my then-boyfriend told me I loved my cats more than him. Me: "Uh, yeah? They were here before you [whispers to self: and they'll probably be here after you]." I was not wrong.

They got along with him because I wouldn't have dated him if not.

He had a big, burly male tuxedo cat that was pretty fantastic--DGAF attitude for days. We were instant friends despite him hating everyone else. I miss that cat.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

the flaws they hope to fix are just really minor normal aging things that any normal person wouldn't be worried about but because they see themselves so often on screen they are hyper critical.

For an actor, aging means having to change the kinds of roles you play. Just because you're good at playing a student, doesn't mean you'll stand out as a 20-something single, or dad, or senior citizen, so some may try to hang onto what they have been doing as long as possible.

• Love 3

The ones where Amazon has “introspective faces“ people listening to books on tape.

Their faces (minus the old man at the beach I like him) make me want to scream.

And they ran one earlier where we were supposed to feel bad about ourselves bc we don’t wake at 5 am on our rowing machine to make thought provoking faces. 

I hate them!

• Love 2
On 7/26/2018 at 12:47 AM, millennium said:

I would have guessed Taylor Hicks.   My most despised American Idol contestant ever.

He's so irrelevant he can't even be found on " where are they now". American Idol sucks. They got it right the very first time with Kelly Clarkson. Then, they dived into a cesspool of crap.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 4

I hate the Sonic commercials with Jane Krakowski, especially when she starts her caterwauling over a milkshake.  She sounds like a moose in heat. 

Why do US companies hire British people to speak in commercials.  I just saw one from Arm & Hammer where it sounds like he’s saying Almond Hammer.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Why do US companies hire British people to speak in commercials.  I just saw one from Arm & Hammer where it sounds like he’s saying Almond Hammer.  

Because some Americans equate a British accent with being smart and Southern accents with being dumb.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Because some Americans equate a British accent with being smart and Southern accents with being dumb.

Yep. British English is perceived as being more educated and sophisticated than American English of any type. Also, most Americans can't distinguish between British and Australian accents. The Geico gecko started out as British and then mysteriously jumped continents. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

He's so irrelevant he can't even be found on " where are they now". American Idol sucks. They got it right the very first time with Kelly Clarkson. Then, they dived into a cesspool of crap.

Justin Guarini is "Little Sweet."  A Greek god couldn't have devised a better fate for him.

• Love 4

Why do so many fitness/diet product commercials use the term "body fat"? Fat comes from only bodies (and avocados and nuts and oils, etc, but you know what I mean, haha!), and if the commercial is already about revamping one's body, I am pretty sure I'll know that that's where said fat is disappearing from.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3
On 8/3/2018 at 12:42 PM, proserpina65 said:

In real life, it probably wouldn't have.  I know, it's just a commercial, but that really rubs me the wrong way.

I used to think that the ending of this commercial was sweet, but then I watched it again and noticed that the dog shoved himself between the man and the woman, separating them, and that when the dog rested his head on the man's leg, his (the dog's) teeth were very close to the man's . . . um, manhood.  Do you think maybe the dog was trying to send him a message?

• Love 4

I don't know who all is a Diet Coke drinker, but I like those commercials because I can't tell you how many people take it upon themselves to lecture me on the Evils of Diet Coke and my answer is usually something along the lines of what they say in those commercials, often with "fuck off" and "mind your own business" tacked on somewhere.

• Love 17
On 7/23/2018 at 3:29 PM, millennium said:

Each and every commercial that uses the song "A Little Less Conversation."   I never want to hear that song again.

You and me both.  One of the first times I ever heard that song was decades ago watching the Miss America (?) Pageant and that was the song playing during the swimsuit competition. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I don't think AI ever got it right, including season 1, but that's my opinion.

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

You and me both.  One of the first times I ever heard that song was decades ago watching the Miss America (?) Pageant and that was the song playing during the swimsuit competition. 

I hate that song with heat of a thousand suns. It sums up the whole attitude towards relationships that was the early Sixties.

• Love 3
Just now, peacheslatour said:

I hate that song with heat of a thousand suns. It sums up the whole attitude towards relationships that was the early Sixties.

It's so grossly misogynistic:

A little less conversation, a little more action, please
All this aggravation ain't satisfactioning me
A little more bite and a little less bark
A little less fight and a little more spark
Close your mouth and open up your heart and, baby, satisfy me
Satisfy me, baby

Don't procrastinate, don't articulate
Girl, it's getting late, gettin' upset waitin' around
A little less conversation, a little more action, please
All this aggravation ain't satisfactioning me
A little more bite and a little less bark
A little less fight and a little more spark
Close your mouth and open up your heart and, baby, satisfy me
(Satisfy me) Satisfy me, baby (satisfy me)

In other words, "shut up and f--- me already".

JUST NO.

• Love 16

The ad for Farxiga or however it's spelled, with the lady in the red dress taking dancing lessons and then going to eat afterwards. The way she holds her knife when she's cutting her food makes me crazy. Who does that? Wrong way to hold it. 

• Love 3
On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 2:14 PM, Bastet said:

Yes, it's snapshots of their relationship, times when the three of them were together and the dog wasn't exactly thrilled about it.  The camping trip is, I think, the first time they are not in the dog's territory; the rest of the times they're in the house or the car.  Once they spend some time together on neutral ground, that's when the dog realizes, "You know, this invader is actually alright."

It didn't come across that way to me.  It all looked like a part of the same trip, and even if not, it still seems like a pretty assholish thing to do, imo.

21 hours ago, bilgistic said:

It's so grossly misogynistic:

In other words, "shut up and f--- me already".

JUST NO.

Personally I love the song, and was well aware of the lyrics.  Sometimes that's what you want, less conversation and more fucking, and if that's not cool, then I'm moving on.

• Love 5

The ad for Farxiga or however it's spelled, with the lady in the red dress taking dancing lessons and then going to eat afterwards. The way she holds her knife when she's cutting her food makes me crazy. Who does that? Wrong way to hold it. 

Side effects may include the inability to properly use cutlery.

• Love 9