Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Steel Calzones

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, straightshooter said:

I know I'm probably in a club of one on this, but I actually think Carole is genuinely concerned for Jules.  

But the only 'concern' I've seen is when she was gossiping about Jules to Heather.

Which goes back to what I was saying about Heather backing away. A couple of us have mentioned that Carole seems different when she's with Heather as opposed to when she's with Bethenny. 

Maybe that's because Heather no longer humors Carole's crappy side and Carole, being the butt dweller that she is, adjusts her meanness to whichever butt she's with.  She doesn't want to lose Heather and sweet Jonathon so she's tries to appear nice.  But put her on an ice rink with Bethenny and her icky married boyfriend, and I'll bet she'd be someone else altogether.

23 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

If she was just as catty, but being catty to Beth, I think that lots of folks would see it all differently. It is always about alliances to an extent in the end. 

I would still think she was a mean girl even if she turned it on Bethenny because imo she always has been.  Bethenny just allows and encourages her to fly that freak flag loud and proud. Unlike Heather, who seemed like she tried to suppress that side of Carole with all the shushing and sentence-finishing.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

You might be right in that she didn't use the word Role Model when she told her story to Carole, but she definitely implied that telling her story could be helpful to others. This from her interview with People Magazine:

The reality star – who runs a successful juice company, Modern Alkeme, and lives in New York City with her husband Michael and their son Jagger, 5, and daughter Rio, 3 – says she hopes her story will help inspire others who might be struggling to seek help, too. 

"I thought doing the show would be great not only for me to meet new friends and eventually open up to six new women, but also to millions of viewers," she says. "You never know who could be watching and hearing. All it takes is hope."

And at the time, she didn't think that Beth was just yapping and not listening. She said in her blog that her conversation with Beth was wonderful and that she was supportive. 

As a viewer I wanted to hear more about Jules, not about Bethnny's mother.  Jules was kindly towards Bethenny in her blog. I don't know if Jules will ever fully open up and maybe with what appears to be relapse, (her present state), she will discuss triggers.  She gave us some clues when she said she had stress related alopecia.

• Love 2

I think Jules did want to make the ED part of her storyline.  She also said she came on the show to make new friends.  What she didn't count on is how these 'friends' would pounce on her health problem. 

I can't get onboard with people making fun of health problems - mental or physical.  Some of us can't get onboard when someone's appearance is being mocked. (This is less troublesome for me.)  But Jules is getting her health AND her appearance knocked. 

Even though she's brought on some of these problems herself (by marrying the diminutive, brave one and signing a Bravo contract) I feel for her.

• Love 9

I didn't watch, but the comments here had me interested enough to check out the blogs.  I noticed again,  Bethenny's need to point out that the "ratings are up", which she seems to do in every blog.

Something else I've noticed is she has a habit of referring to something (in this case LuAnn's Palm Springs trip) and then add "more on that next week". She seems to be the only HW that consistently does this.    I thought the HW's got the episodes a couple of days before air time. Does Bethenny get them earlier?  How would she know what Bravo plans to air in any given week?  Just wondering....

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

To Luann: You? Mentor Sonja? Cackle cackle cackle.

To Jules: Can you imagine you? Accompany me to the doctor? Cackle cackle cackle.

Same sneering intonation and the feeling behind the questions were quite clear.

Exactly. That's why it's not that much of a stretch to think that's what she was doing to Jules.

This is who Bethenny IS.  To the bone. 

To the Hoppys:  You?  Raise my child if I die on the table?  Cackle cackle cackle

Like, no one is good enough for her and she will mock them for it.  And that, mah friends, is why she's alone.

• Love 22
7 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

As I watched Bethenny weeping in  her limo, feeling sorry for her poor widdle rich self, I just couldn't help thinkin' -- Oh hun, you reap what sow.  YOU REAP WHAT YOU FUCKING SOW, BETHENNY!  Treat people miserably & horribly & with nothing other than sneering disdain, nastiness, thoughtlessness & cruelty -- & yeah, the only ones who you can pour your heart out to are people paid to "serve" you, or nonentities on the phone, who sound like they couldn't care less what happens to you.  Sounds wonderful, Bethenny.  But you planted yourself in this shit.  So why in the fuckety fuck would I have ANY sympathy for you?  I don't.  I couldn't fucking care less about you feeling sorry for yourself & your whining.  I did feel a bit sorry for the driver & hope he's being paid well, but then I hope anybody who works for Bethenny is paid well.  They deserve to be, for the sure torture they have to endure working for her.

Carole is a bullshitter.  Pure & simple.  Carole.  Is.  A.  BULLSHITTER!!!!!!!!!!  Watch her on WWHL & you'll see what I mean.  Oh, she's not an absolute bullshitter, where you can dismiss 100% of what she says as bullshit.  No, she's a much more annoying bullshitter than that.  She's a very casual & shifty bullshitter.  I would say maybe 25 to 50% of what she says is bullshit & then she's shifty too -- so it's kinda hard to tell what she's saying is bullshit & what's real.  She's annoying as hell.  God, I can't stand this woman now that she's living in Bethenny's asshole.  She said everything Bethenny is saying is stuff Carole has said.  That might be true, but she's being very, very, very shifty -- especially in her defense of joining in on the nastiness toward Jules (along with Bethenny).  Best moment for me was when she was stumbling over her words, saying there is no producer prodding on the show.  Oh, really, Carole?  Satan Andy shot her a look that said (to me) -- Bitch, you better keep your trap shut & don't reveal my Housewives secrets, if you know what's good for you!

Bethenny reminds me so much of that person we all know -- we've all had this kinda mortifying experience -- where you let your guard down to the wrong person, and tell a secret/weakness & that person ends up revealing your secret to the world or cruelly slaughters you for this secret.  Just when I think Bethenny can't get any more cruel & horrible & awful -- she does.  And she expects me to feel sorry for her dramatics over a simple health problem that can be addressed easily.  Ah, fuck off, Bethenny.  You got money to cover your health problems.  I don't give a shit about your over-dramatics.

ED's are an extremely serious issue.  And the way Bethenny is treating Jules is so incredibly cruel.  Is this supposed to be funny?  I hate it.  Carole was just as bad.  She was trying to say on WWHL she was just asking her questions & was confused by Jules.  Bullshit, Carole!  You are full of crap, hun.  Dorinda was right.  If Carole was put on the spot about this dude she's dating, that's over 20 years younger than her, which she's clearly sensitive about, she would not be thrilled to be interrogated about that, would she?  Carole is such a fucking hypocrite, she makes my head explode.

I don't read the blogs anymore, so thanks to Wirewrap for quoting them.  Interesting how Bethenny's blog shows her to be so shortsighted & unaware of her blatant cruelty toward Jules.  Wow, just wow.  I was blown away at the cruelty of her comment (while laughing her ass off) on Jules taking her to a doctor.  God, Bethenny's cruelty just knows no bounds.  It's really hideous to watch.  Thank goodness, the show isn't completely overtaken by Bethenny & her non-stop horribleness.  At least Moaner offers some relief.  She gave me a giggle when she walked out with the plate.  I mean, seriously, that was a Moaner move if there ever was one.  But Moaner is too obviously up Bethenny's ass now, so she's not what she once was.  I'm glad Lu & Sonja are still around.  They are the only ones who thankfully refuse to live in Bethenny's asshole.  Sheesh, what fate will befall these 2?

So I just passed Sonja's townhouse on my way home tonite around 11:30.  Bright lights on in the first floor reception room.  And there were stacks of cartons in the otherwise very neat first floor reception area.  Hard to see from the street view, but it looked like pics of wine bottles on the boxes.  Could it be Tipsy Girl?  Hmmmmm . . . .

Perfection‼❗

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

As I watched Bethenny weeping in  her limo, feeling sorry for her poor widdle rich self, I just couldn't help thinkin' -- Oh hun, you reap what sow.  YOU REAP WHAT YOU FUCKING SOW, BETHENNY!  Treat people miserably & horribly & with nothing other than sneering disdain, nastiness, thoughtlessness & cruelty -- & yeah, the only ones who you can pour your heart out to are people paid to "serve" you, or nonentities on the phone, who sound like they couldn't care less what happens to you.  Sounds wonderful, Bethenny.  But you planted yourself in this shit.  So why in the fuckety fuck would I have ANY sympathy for you?  I don't.  I couldn't fucking care less about you feeling sorry for yourself & your whining.  I did feel a bit sorry for the driver & hope he's being paid well, but then I hope anybody who works for Bethenny is paid well.  They deserve to be, for the sure torture they have to endure working for her.

Carole is a bullshitter.  Pure & simple.  Carole.  Is.  A.  BULLSHITTER!!!!!!!!!!  Watch her on WWHL & you'll see what I mean.  Oh, she's not an absolute bullshitter, where you can dismiss 100% of what she says as bullshit.  No, she's a much more annoying bullshitter than that.  She's a very casual & shifty bullshitter.  I would say maybe 25 to 50% of what she says is bullshit & then she's shifty too -- so it's kinda hard to tell what she's saying is bullshit & what's real.  She's annoying as hell.  God, I can't stand this woman now that she's living in Bethenny's asshole.  She said everything Bethenny is saying is stuff Carole has said.  That might be true, but she's being very, very, very shifty -- especially in her defense of joining in on the nastiness toward Jules (along with Bethenny).  Best moment for me was when she was stumbling over her words, saying there is no producer prodding on the show.  Oh, really, Carole?  Satan Andy shot her a look that said (to me) -- Bitch, you better keep your trap shut & don't reveal my Housewives secrets, if you know what's good for you!

Bethenny reminds me so much of that person we all know -- we've all had this kinda mortifying experience -- where you let your guard down to the wrong person, and tell a secret/weakness & that person ends up revealing your secret to the world or cruelly slaughters you for this secret.  Just when I think Bethenny can't get any more cruel & horrible & awful -- she does.  And she expects me to feel sorry for her dramatics over a simple health problem that can be addressed easily.  Ah, fuck off, Bethenny.  You got money to cover your health problems.  I don't give a shit about your over-dramatics.

ED's are an extremely serious issue.  And the way Bethenny is treating Jules is so incredibly cruel.  Is this supposed to be funny?  I hate it.  Carole was just as bad.  She was trying to say on WWHL she was just asking her questions & was confused by Jules.  Bullshit, Carole!  You are full of crap, hun.  Dorinda was right.  If Carole was put on the spot about this dude she's dating, that's over 20 years younger than her, which she's clearly sensitive about, she would not be thrilled to be interrogated about that, would she?  Carole is such a fucking hypocrite, she makes my head explode.

I don't read the blogs anymore, so thanks to Wirewrap for quoting them.  Interesting how Bethenny's blog shows her to be so shortsighted & unaware of her blatant cruelty toward Jules.  Wow, just wow.  I was blown away at the cruelty of her comment (while laughing her ass off) on Jules taking her to a doctor.  God, Bethenny's cruelty just knows no bounds.  It's really hideous to watch.  Thank goodness, the show isn't completely overtaken by Bethenny & her non-stop horribleness.  At least Moaner offers some relief.  She gave me a giggle when she walked out with the plate.  I mean, seriously, that was a Moaner move if there ever was one.  But Moaner is too obviously up Bethenny's ass now, so she's not what she once was.  I'm glad Lu & Sonja are still around.  They are the only ones who thankfully refuse to live in Bethenny's asshole.  Sheesh, what fate will befall these 2?

So I just passed Sonja's townhouse on my way home tonite around 11:30.  Bright lights on in the first floor reception room.  And there were stacks of cartons in the otherwise very neat first floor reception area.  Hard to see from the street view, but it looked like pics of wine bottles on the boxes.  Could it be Tipsy Girl?  Hmmmmm . . . .

tumblr_nfwz8sEqh31ql5yr7o1_500.gif

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

I would still think she was a mean girl even if she turned it on Bethenny because imo she always has been.  Bethenny just allows and encourages her to fly that freak flag loud and proud. Unlike Heather, who seemed like she tried to suppress that side of Carole with all the shushing and sentence-finishing.

Good point, and I don't mean to suggest that everyone would suddenly love Carole if she turned on Beth, but I think that some would give her a second look if she did. If Beth and Carole weren't so close, and Carole started throwing out things alluding to a possible eating disorder on Beth's part, or talking about her using Adderall, would everyone be as upset about that? Alliances are important, and who you are friends with on these shows can take over. I call it the "Brandy effect". She did her most horrendous work against Adrienne, who lots of people didn't like. The fan favorite - LVP - had her back, so it was kind of OK. She was still able to become a best-selling author even with that deal. The same person then turns against the fan favorite, and suddenly they are a horrendous person, even though they always were a horrendous person. For these gals, it matters a lot who you side with in many instances. 

• Love 7
  • I want to call horseshit on the bloody pillow scene.

Beffeny's poor driver needs to be pair hazardous duty pay for having to deal with that idiot.

If you could hire a driver - someone you treat like family - would you leave a bloody pillow in the car without telling them? Blood is a biohazard and for her to bleed all over a pillow and just leaving it there, without trying to hide it or give the poor guy a head's up says quite a bit about her

I dare say most of us would take the pillow with us, embarrassed or mortified that we made a 'mess'? And how many of us would have an accident and share a backseat with it?

That pillow was pulled out of the car - as a prop. Beffeny didn't have to 'show and tell' it's existence. Not only that?

I have to crumb on the driver, too...he doesn't bother to clean out the back of the car - how do you miss a FN bloody pillow?

• Love 14
18 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Bethenny cannot legally involve Bryn in filming; she has voluntarily elected to exclude her romances - including the present liaison with a "married man" - from the narrative. 

She objected to Heather asking her about collecting Bryn from school and/or dropping her off. 

She had a veritable meltdown when Heather scolded her table manners and tried to find some food alternatives when she asserted that she was allergic to fish. 

If Jules's participation in filming automatically gives Bethenny and Carole the freedom to behave like assholes in the interests of creating drama, then I guess they should thank Sonja, LuAnn, and Aviva for all creating narrative conflict over subjects they nominally didn't want dissected on air. 

All of those things you've mentioned about Bethenny on the show were when she first came back, as I mentioned.

On June 30, 2016 at 0:06 AM, Knuckles said:

Ramona trying to coach Luann on how to "handle" Bethenny and Carole...all the fun of watching a mark try to school a player. 

Bethenny and her stained pillow...it's show and tell, just like in elementary school. And handing a blood-soaked item to her driver was potentially dangerous to his health, as well as revolting.  No employee should be put in that position. 

Jules has a serious health issue. Eating disorders are not a matter for snark or nasty gossip. Watch old Beth spinning her fibroid story for all the sympathy she can garner, while mocking Jules. Yet another example of why no decent person would wish a friendship with this bitch.

See what's so weird about her handing him the pillow was the fact that all he did was put it right back in the car. Why did she even hand it to him in the first place? Completely staged

• Love 15
(edited)
9 hours ago, MaryTylerMoore said:

When I had my hysterectomy my co-workers cooked enough food to last my 8 week recovery time and dropped it off in tupperware; one even brought me a coloring book and crayons while I was in the hospital. Maybe if Beth were nicer to her co-workers she wouldn't feel so alone.

I don't think any of these women will be cooking and bringing casseroles (TM-Vicki of RHOC) to Bethenny.  If anything, they will be ordering food from an upscale restaurant to be delivered to her.  Well, except maybe Dorinda - she could make a lasagna.  And, I don't think after the last episode, that Bethenny will ever eat anything that may have been prepared by Jules.  ;-)

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

This means she can write off a percentage of what it costs to maintain Casa Morgan as business expenses.  Maybe she'll have heat this winter after all!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It's interesting the differing perspectives on what Beth said here, and how mean it was. I thought that Beth was saying that it would have been hysterical to have Jules with Beth and her vagina troubles, considering she had a problem of her own. That it would have been funny to have the girl helping her work through her issues when she couldn't sit down herself without a donut. Imagine the irony of that whole deal. I can see how it came across as thoughtless, however, and liked Dorinda's advice that if Beth bothers her, she should just tell Beth. I would have loved to have had Jules ask Beth why she would say something like that. Make Beth explain what she was saying. 

The conversation with Dorinda was interesting. She went hard on Carole, telling Jules that she should have gone after Carole about her young boyfriend in response. What the hell was that about? I thought that Carole and Dorinda were in a good place. Why would she recommend saying something like that? On the other hand, Jules was much more upset about Beth, saying that she didn't think she could trust her. Dorinda didn't recommend she say anything horrible to her, just explain her feelings. She said that Beth would be receptive; that she would respect and appreciate hearing from Jules. She tried to convey to Jules that Beth was a tough cookie, but a good person who had said nothing except nice things about Jules. She seemed to want for Jules to not think poorly of Beth, but didn't mind if she thought poorly of Carole. 

I thought the same thing, and I also thought that, apparently, given Dorinda's comment, Luann is not the only one who had an issue with Carole dating Adam.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

It's interesting that many posters regard Bethenny's shrieking laughter at the idea of Jules accompanying B. to the doctor's as evidence of B's low opinion of Jules's competence/usefulness. It was a truly detestable scene, & seemed the epitome of mean-girlish mockery, braying yelps at a more vulnerable peer, but IMO Beth was probably really roaring at the incongruity of 2 patients with vaginal probs descending on the doc simultaneously, with the "helper" possibly in greater need of medical attn than the purported patient.  Too bad Beth shows her extreme bitchiness so constantly that even innocuous moments are interpreted against her.  

Isn't this the 2nd time Beth has used the hackneyed "you needa verb" attack against Jules (the 1st time being when Jules & B met alone & Jules told B of her ED?)   Hey Bitch, uneeda new dialogue GW.

Personally, I'd love to see Luann empowered to revive some of her Eurosnobbery, provided her targets are Beth, Carole & Ramona - go get 'em Countless!  Incidentally, Lu looked stunning in her black lace dress TH, IMO.

Yup, I think you're right about how Bethenny meant that comment on Jules taking her to a doc, while laughing her ass off.  When I first saw it, I cringed at how cruel this comment was.  Watching it again, I get she was referring to them both having vag probs.  OK, now I get it.  But hey, it was easy to misread Bethenny's intentions with this because she had just teased Jules so cruelly & horribly about her weight.

Honestly, at this point Bethenny has mostly been so horrible, cruel & awful to everyone around her (who doesn't live in her asshole & lick her toes), I just figure now her intentions are ALWAYS cruel, nasty & horrible.

• Love 7

I don't for one second think that Bethenny was talking about her not going with her because she had vaginal issues when you go to the doctor with someone it doesn't become a dual appointment. Dorinda didn't think that is what she meant and Bethenny didn't use that to clarify when she called Jules paranoid about Bethenny's "imaginary criticism" of her.

• Love 8
(edited)
27 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I thought the same thing, and I also thought that, apparently, given Dorinda's comment, Luann is not the only one who had an issue with Carole dating Adam.

We've seen Bethenny tease her about it several times & Carole gets that twitch she used to get when she had deal with Veevs & her horribleness.  Ah well, we know Bethenny's friendships never last.  I'm kinda anxious to see the meltdown of this crap/bullshit friendship between Bethenny & Carole.  Oh yeah, it's only a matter of time till that happens, eh?

We know this is a bullshit friendship because Carole maintains it merely to keep her status on the show.  And she can't possibly disagree with Bethenny, for fear of igniting her wrath & enduring endless slaughtering tirades from her & getting excluded from from events, which leads to less cam time & possibly being booted fron the show.  That's why Moaner is smooching up to Bethenny -- and why she isn't as entertaining as she used to be.

Idk, I was indifferent to seeing Heather again.  Frankly, she bugged the fuck outta me with her overly friendly fakey routine, calling everyone mama.  Meh.  But I did like seeing the contrast of her real & balanced & normal friendship with Carole, with the crap/bullshit/reality-TV-only "friendship" Carole has with Bethenny.

I was pretty entertained by Carole's casual bullshit (when she was on WWHL) on her "friendship" with Bethenny.  Ugh, the woman was so full of shit, it was dribbling outta her ears.  Sheesh, now I'm reminded of the awful story of the crazy homeless man here attacking women with poop.  Thanks, Carole (and Bethenny).

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think the camera is the best truth detector you can find. You watch how these assholes act and more importantly react in various circumstances and you can figure out if they are basically a good person or an irredeemable piece of shit. For example Sonja. Yeah, yeah she is adelusional party girl and a mess but she is basically a good person. The same with Jules. She has her problems and is  just overwhelmed by life but there is not a nasty bone in her body. Except for Michael's diminutive bone now and then. Now Dorinda is actually proof of this theory. Yes she can be a drunken shrieking idiot and a drunken slurry mess. But she has compassion and empathy and "tries to make things nice."

On the other hand Ramona, Bethenny and Carol are monsters. Irredeemable horror shows who can not cover up what miserable excuse for sentient human beings they are in their disgusting romp through life. If Cotton Mather were around they would be getting dunked in the pond and they sure won't float.

Now Luann is a special case. You can't really judge her. After all she is not human. She is a lizard. In the final episode they will strip off the skin of her head like in "V" so you can't blame her too much.

MV5BNTM0NjU0NzgxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTE0

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 8

I think the camera is the best truth detector you can find. You watch how these assholes act and more importantly react in various circumstances and you can figure out if they are basically a good person or an irredeemable piece of shit. For example Sonja. Yeah, yeah she is adelusional party girl and a mess but she is basically a good person. The same with Jules. She has her problems and is  just overwhelmed by life but there is not a nasty bone in her body. Except for Michael's diminutive bone now and then. Now Dorinda is actually proof of this theory. Yes she can be a drunken shrieking idiot and a drunken slurry mess. But she has compassion and empathy and "tries to make things nice."

On the other hand Ramona, Bethenny and Carol are monsters. Irredeemable horror shows who can not cover up what miserable excuse for sentient human beings they are in their disgusting romp through life. If Cotton Mather were around they would be getting dunked in the pond and they sure won't float.

Now Luann is a special case. You can't really judge her. After all she is not human. She is a lizard. In the final episode they will strip off the skin of her head like in "V" so you can't blame her too much.

MV5BNTM0NjU0NzgxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTE0

"If Cotton Mather were around they would be getting dunked in the pond and they sure won't float."

So you're saying the women aren't witches. That's good.

7 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

It's interesting that many posters regard Bethenny's shrieking laughter at the idea of Jules accompanying B. to the doctor's as evidence of B's low opinion of Jules's competence/usefulness. It was a truly detestable scene, & seemed the epitome of mean-girlish mockery, braying yelps at a more vulnerable peer, but IMO Beth was probably really roaring at the incongruity of 2 patients with vaginal probs descending on the doc simultaneously, with the "helper" possibly in greater need of medical attn than the purported patient.  Too bad Beth shows her extreme bitchiness so constantly that even innocuous moments are interpreted against her.  

Isn't this the 2nd time Beth has used the hackneyed "you needa verb" attack against Jules (the 1st time being when Jules & B met alone & Jules told B of her ED?)   Hey Bitch, uneeda new dialogue GW.

Personally, I'd love to see Luann empowered to revive some of her Eurosnobbery, provided her targets are Beth, Carole & Ramona - go get 'em Countless!  Incidentally, Lu looked stunning in her black lace dress TH, IMO.

See I don't think lace is her friend.  There is something about her hair that doesn't look good with dressier clothes *to me*.  It looks great when she is dressed casually but throw her in some fancy clothes/dresses and it looks like she forgot to style her hair.  Something just doesn't mesh.  Its one of the reasons I don't have short hair anymore.  It looked great if I dressed up (my hair is the type that short needs lots of styling and spray) but wearing that with sweats or casual clothes looked silly.  And don't get me started on her with long hair.  Oye!  I did like her hair in a bob though.

• Love 2
  7 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Yup, I think you're right about how Bethenny meant that comment on Jules taking her to a doc, while laughing her ass off.  When I first saw it, I cringed at how cruel this comment was.  Watching it again, I get she was referring to them both having vag probs.  OK, now I get it.  But hey, it was easy to misread Bethenny's intentions with this because she had just teased Jules so cruelly & horribly about her weight.

Honestly, at this point Bethenny has mostly been so horrible, cruel & awful to everyone around her (who doesn't live in her asshole & lick her toes), I just figure now her intentions are ALWAYS cruel, nasty & horrible.

I agree about the reason for Bethenny's comment, but I disagree about her being "horrible, cruel & awful to everyone around her". I've never seen/heard Bethenny just attack someone out of the blue. If she goes after someone, it's because they've given her reason to go after them. She doesn't have a lot of time or patience for people who jerk her around. Frankly, I'm with her on that. She can definitely verbally eviscerate someone, but I've never seen her initiate an attack or say something negative without cause.

• Love 5
  4 hours ago, NYCFree said:

To Luann: You? Mentor Sonja? Cackle cackle cackle.

To Jules: Can you imagine you? Accompany me to the doctor? Cackle cackle cackle.

Same sneering intonation and the feeling behind the questions were quite clear.

Exactly. That's why it's not that much of a stretch to think that's what she was doing to Jules.

This is who Bethenny IS.  To the bone. 

To the Hoppys:  You?  Raise my child if I die on the table?  Cackle cackle cackle

Like, no one is good enough for her and she will mock them for it.  And that, mah friends, is why she's alone.

She's not alone. And it looks like she's working on things as well.

http://www.eonline.com/news/777233/jason-hoppy-finally-moves-out-of-bethenny-frankel-s-5-million-apartment

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

What are you talking about?

bolding mine

26 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

I agree about the reason for Bethenny's comment, but I disagree about her being "horrible, cruel & awful to everyone around her". I've never seen/heard Bethenny just attack someone out of the blue. If she goes after someone,

it's because they've given her reason to go after them. She doesn't have a lot of time or patience for people who jerk her around.

Frankly, I'm with her on that. She can definitely verbally eviscerate someone, but I've never seen her initiate an attack or say something negative without cause.

And, frankly, I don't see her constant barrage of shrewish retorts as responding to some jerk or slight, perceived or otherwise. 

She seems, to me, to be an equal opportunity eviscerator. Given cause or not.

No boundaries.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 22

I think Carole was sincerely concerned about Jules when Jules brought up her prescription for Adderall. Carole quietly let Jules know that it can cause weight loss. Carole brought it up in a way that seemed like she wasn't sure if Jules knew about the weight loss side effect. But the gossiping with Bethenny and Heather was not particularly nice, sincere, or concerned. 

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

See I don't think lace is her friend.  There is something about her hair that doesn't look good with dressier clothes *to me*.  It looks great when she is dressed casually but throw her in some fancy clothes/dresses and it looks like she forgot to style her hair.  Something just doesn't mesh.  Its one of the reasons I don't have short hair anymore.  It looked great if I dressed up (my hair is the type that short needs lots of styling and spray) but wearing that with sweats or casual clothes looked silly.  And don't get me started on her with long hair.  Oye!  I did like her hair in a bob though.

I agree. I think LuAnn looks great in sportswear. Classic American sportswear is her friend. I think some shorter hair can be dressed up, but not LuAnn's. Hers is pretty mumsy. It's funny because Sonja looks fantastic in formal wear.

• Love 4

I just started watching, but need to comment....

Jules, if you don't want people talking about your eating disorder, than stop naming ways to ruin your food and don't bake the fucking silverware and measuring cup inside your calzone.  You need to stop the Adderall because you cannot complete a sentence.

Ramona, cut your damn hair, you pizza plate thief.

Dorinda, oh honey, we know you cannot have "third person" conversations about Bethenny, because you don't want to lose your place up her butt.

Heather, Heather, Heather.....I've missed you so!!!!!

• Love 11
(edited)
49 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

And, frankly, I don't see her constant barrage of shrewish retorts as responding to some jerk or slight, perceived or otherwise

She seems, to me, to be an equal opportunity eviscerator. Given cause or not.

No boundaries.

One event that people "loved" was her encounter with the drunk woman in some casino - she recognized beffy, tripped and fell to the floor. Instead of stopping to check on them, she laughed and ran away saying something about a 'pickup/cleanup in aisle whatever'.  She is just a loudmouthed blow hard that hangs around with people who are too stunned and taken back by what she says because they have never had such an ill mannered asshole in their midst. 

She gets a laugh and a pass the first few times you see her in action - after that you either turn and walk away quickly - watching someone killed for sport isn't pretty. You also can linger and offer an apology for your friend, who 'really isn't that way' - but then, you'd be a liar.

She keeps on with the line that she 'was raised by wolves' - nope, a mom wolf would have taught her pups how to behave and how to be social - she is more akin to the kind of animals slither or crawl, the kind of animals with little more than instinct and a heartbeat.

Edited by ElDosEquis
Malaguena Salerosa
  • Love 12

The conversation with Dorinda was interesting. She went hard on Carole, telling Jules that she should have gone after Carole about her young boyfriend in response. What the hell was that about? I thought that Carole and Dorinda were in a good place. Why would she recommend saying something like that? On the other hand, Jules was much more upset about Beth, saying that she didn't think she could trust her. Dorinda didn't recommend she say anything horrible to her, just explain her feelings. She said that Beth would be receptive; that she would respect and appreciate hearing from Jules. She tried to convey to Jules that Beth was a tough cookie, but a good person who had said nothing except nice things about Jules. She seemed to want for Jules to not think poorly of Beth, but didn't mind if she thought poorly of Carole. 

Yeah, so much for her bonding with Carole in London. I think Dorinda has her eye on Carole's deluxe apartment in Bethenny's ass and will throw the princess under the bus to get it. I was never fond of Dorinda and all her drunken, food on the corner of her mouth messiness last year. However, the thing that really annoyed me about her were her ridiculous attempts to start fights with Heather. Her grievances with Heather seemed non-sensical and weak attempts to score points with Bethenny (She pulled similar shit with Kristin, come to think of it). Anyway, despite the kind and nurturing side she has shown in her sober moments this season, I think she would be the first one to stab another housewife in the back if it meant getting closer to Bethenny and more importantly the guarantee of more screen time.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, pbutler111 said:

I agree about the reason for Bethenny's comment, but I disagree about her being "horrible, cruel & awful to everyone around her". I've never seen/heard Bethenny just attack someone out of the blue. If she goes after someone, it's because they've given her reason to go after them. She doesn't have a lot of time or patience for people who jerk her around. Frankly, I'm with her on that. She can definitely verbally eviscerate someone, but I've never seen her initiate an attack or say something negative without cause.

Well some good came of this week's episode-Bethenny called her mom after 15 years.   And it wasn't awful.  They decided they have different recollections of the past.  There goes the I have no one nonsense.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

This from [Jules's] blog:

"My failed attempt at changing up the tone of things from constant fighting to silliness with my pizza-making prank wasn't my best idea to date, I'll admit that. But insinuating that I have mental issues, addiction problems and God knows what else because of a dumb joke is not okay."

I thought Jews avoided writing "God" and did "G-d" instead.  I mean, this is someone who plunged her hands in an ice bucket after touching shrimp.

2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

See what's so weird about her handing him the pillow was the fact that all he did was put it right back in the car. Why did she even hand it to him in the first place? Completely staged

Also, that pillow wasn't even all that stained.  I've known women with fibroids who passed clots that looked like chunks of liver.  Back in the day, a very good friend was giving a talk about transmission of the AIDS virus as a pool of blood formed around her feet. 

That pillow looked more like someone had gotten back on the teeth flossing train after a layoff and then drooled.

My beef with Bethenny is that people who aren't familiar with fibroids are going to see this and get the wrong impression.  Millions of women have fibroids.  Fibroids don't turn into cancer, and there's no reason to even treat them if you can live with the symptoms.  And a living will?  FFS.  There will be one among the rest of the paperwork when you check in to the hospital--just sign it then; no need to enlist the National Archives to get yours.

And her comment about how alone she was, that she didn't have any siblings.  Bethenny of all people should know that just because you're related doesn't mean you're connected, so she can take that out of her quiver of "woe is me"s. 

I can't believe she has no friends.  Well, of course I can believe it, but I really doubt even she literally doesn't have any friends.  And even if she doesn't, she has a staff that is paid to care about her, if for no other reason than they want to keep their jobs.  If she needs an agent for health care decisions, appoint Kevin; when I had my fibroids treated, I appointed my boyfriend of three years as my agent and I guarantee you he knew less about me and my girly problems and opinions on sustaining life than Kevin knows about Bethenny and hers. 

Bethenny may have many sadnesses in her life, but she needs some perspective.  How about single mothers with no father in the picture and a true worry about what would happen to her children if she died.  Or a woman whose job won't allow her to take six weeks off to recover, or whose insurance deductible is a bankruptcy-inducing $10,000.  Money doesn't solve everything (rich people have problems, too), but it can go a long, long way toward making things more manageable. 

She's actually lucky that she's facing a very common and relatively small problem with a lot of resources.  She should shut up.

• Love 18
36 minutes ago, Radar said:

Yeah, so much for her bonding with Carole in London. I think Dorinda has her eye on Carole's deluxe apartment in Bethenny's ass and will throw the princess under the bus to get it. I was never fond of Dorinda and all her drunken, food on the corner of her mouth messiness last year. However, the thing that really annoyed me about her were her ridiculous attempts to start fights with Heather. Her grievances with Heather seemed non-sensical and weak attempts to score points with Bethenny (She pulled similar shit with Kristin, come to think of it). Anyway, despite the kind and nurturing side she has shown in her sober moments this season, I think she would be the first one to stab another housewife in the back if it meant getting closer to Bethenny and more importantly the guarantee of more screen time.

A prime example of this was her sleepover party and not inviting Sonja. She knew that had Sonja attended, Bethenny would have not shown up and very little of her party would have made it past editing.

• Love 8
(edited)
17 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I thought Jews avoided writing "God" and did "G-d" instead.  I mean, this is someone who plunged her hands in an ice bucket after touching shrimp.

Must be the Asian side that blogs.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Well some good came of this week's episode-Bethenny called her mom after 15 years.   And it wasn't awful.  They decided they have different recollections of the past.  There goes the I have no one nonsense.

I see it as she has no one she can COUNT ON.  Yes there is another person with her DNA but it seems that was where it began and ended.  As I have said before, I have people who share my DNA but if I didn't have my sisters and husband I would say I had no one.  I certainly am not calling my Aunt or cousins for anything after what I have been through with them.  I never took the 'no one' as absolute, I took it as no one that she feels she can count on.  

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

See how long THAT lasts?

It will be all days of 'wine and roses' then one of the two will make a comment, observation or recall something that neither one will want to 'put behind them' and they will be back to square one.

I can only imagine the ride over to meet up with grandma?

"How come you and grandma don't talk?"

"Your grandmother is a wolf, Your grandfather is dead - he didn't love me. Your grandma is a crazy drunk and if she wants to make plans with you, tell her you can't miss school..........."

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

A prime example of this was her sleepover party and not inviting Sonja. She knew that had Sonja attended, Bethenny would have not shown up and very little of her party would have made it past editing.

Exactly. It's interesting though that Carole gets the wrap for sucking up to Beth. Carole is very close to Andy as well, so I'm not sure why she has to suck up to Beth to keep her job. She can probably stay if she wants to stay. And all of the talk about inviting/not inviting. Dorinda is the one who didn't invite Sonja to keep the peace with Beth. Note that Carole didn't follow suit when she had her doggie wedding. She told Beth that she had invited Sonja. Of course Beth couldn't go, but Carole wasn't so afraid of Beth that she didn't include Sonja. The same cannot be said for Dorinda. Unless I am missing something, I cannot understand why Dorinda would have more problem with Carole than she would with Beth. Beth is the one who goes harder after Jules than Carole does. She is the one with the whole "I need a vowel" deal. Yet Dorinda defends Beth to Jules, and kind of throws Carole under the bus. Dorinda has clearly forgotten it was Beth who was giving John a hard time, and Carole who was saying in her blog and on Twitter that they are in love and people should leave them alone. Honestly, I just don't get it, but Dorinda is playing it all much smarter than Carole is, because she isn't facing the same criticism for sucking up to Beth. She is sucking up more than anyone, but doing it in a way that it isn't as noticeable. 

• Love 8

why are there so many mean comments?

I don't think Dorinda intended to throw Carole under the bus with the say something mean about Adam comment. She was telling Jules to lobby something back that Carole may feel sensitive about and maybe that was what first came to mind but she seemed to catch herself after saying it. I also don't understand why Jules was so upset by Bethenny's reaction to her accompany to the doctor offer. She does not present herself as someone who would be useful in a crisis and she knows it and she's also mysteriously broken her own vagina in some window caper.

Do Bethenny and Carole have to be fighting to prove their friends? 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, politichick said:

why are there so many mean comments?

I don't think Dorinda intended to throw Carole under the bus with the say something mean about Adam comment. She was telling Jules to lobby something back that Carole may feel sensitive about and maybe that was what first came to mind but she seemed to catch herself after saying it. I also don't understand why Jules was so upset by Bethenny's reaction to her accompany to the doctor offer. She does not present herself as someone who would be useful in a crisis and she knows it and she's also mysteriously broken her own vagina in some window caper.

Do Bethenny and Carole have to be fighting to prove their friends? 

Because Jules never made an offer to accompany her to the doctor. Bethenny was saying how Dorinda came with her and Jules was complementing Dorinda being a good person to take but instead of just saying true, she had to immediately insult Jules.

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Exactly. It's interesting though that Carole gets the wrap for sucking up to Beth. Carole is very close to Andy as well, so I'm not sure why she has to suck up to Beth to keep her job. She can probably stay if she wants to stay. And all of the talk about inviting/not inviting. Dorinda is the one who didn't invite Sonja to keep the peace with Beth. Note that Carole didn't follow suit when she had her doggie wedding. She told Beth that she had invited Sonja. Of course Beth couldn't go, but Carole wasn't so afraid of Beth that she didn't include Sonja. The same cannot be said for Dorinda. Unless I am missing something, I cannot understand why Dorinda would have more problem with Carole than she would with Beth. Beth is the one who goes harder after Jules than Carole does. She is the one with the whole "I need a vowel" deal. Yet Dorinda defends Beth to Jules, and kind of throws Carole under the bus. Dorinda has clearly forgotten it was Beth who was giving John a hard time, and Carole who was saying in her blog and on Twitter that they are in love and people should leave them alone. Honestly, I just don't get it, but Dorinda is playing it all much smarter than Carole is, because she isn't facing the same criticism for sucking up to Beth. She is sucking up more than anyone, but doing it in a way that it isn't as noticeable. 

I think they all know that Bethenny has the power, not Carole. Yes, Carole and Andy are friends but they don't hang out together like Bethenny and Andy do. I think Dorinda is intent on removing Carole from Bethenny's butt and moving in herself, little does she realize that Ramona has already wiggled up close to Carole's space and will do anything to keep Dorinda from even getting enough space for her foot up there. LOL

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

How does everyone know that Bethenny called her mother?  Was it in her blog?

She talked about it on her radio show and Reality Tea ran a story.

• Love 1

So, Jules is admitted to the hospital for her "cochie coo" accident, wanted to stay longer and asked for late check-out?!?!  Pretty sure the average woman wouldn't get/need that treatment.  I hope she is one and done.  She is either incredibly unintelligent, or has serious mental issues past her admitted ED.  Showing her boo boo picture every chance she gets is gross and immature.  I was starting to like her, but she makes me uncomfortable to watch.  Her naming the pain medications she needed, was so ridiculous.  Michael is going to, and deserves to get custody of those children until Jules gets herself straightened out.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

Lawdy.  She is on damage control.  Knock me over with a feather that she's talking about making up with her mother.  How many of us called that years ago?  Nobody will come to her talk show?  She'll call her mother.  Needing a sympathy arc or new RHONY storyline?  She'll call her mother. 

An episode featuring Bernadette would be a sure thing, ratings wise.  Beth knows that, Andy knows that, we know that.  We've alllll known it for years.

From that article, here's what Beth had to say about going back into the apartment after Jason had recently moved out:

Frankel returned to her marital abode several days ago, and it turned out to be an emotional experience. "I walked in and it just washed over me. I sobbed for hours," the 45-year-old Bravo reality star said Wednesday on her Sirius XM radio show, B Real with Bethenny. "It was like this release. And you always think things are going to be one way. I thought it was going to be, like, the biggest party ever. I'd be roller-skating through there with my top off, my tits hanging out, so excited—and there's nothing good about any of it. It was all just remembering moving in there. It was a hideous experience, and I just didn't know how to even process the feeling."

What is wrong with her? LOL.  Damn. 

• Love 17