Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Tell All that tells nothing

• Start Topic

I don't have my hopes up, all they will do is hum and haw, I noticed Christine on the previews when she sort of laughed when King Kody gave the audience the finger and to me it looks like she is missing a tooth.

• Love 3

A season of clipshows...What the hell actually happened this season?  Light stringing?  Thanksgiving place settings?  I don't feel like we've learned anything new.

Who did Christine's lashes?  Janel looks uncomfortable like she can't put her arms down.    Kodouche looks confused.  Meri looks more and more like a muppet to me each week--overly tan Nerf face like Miss Piggy's cousin, which isn't a read because I think Piggy looks great, but it's just odd when people look like muppets.

• Love 11

After the first hour, I came away with two things:

1). A little, just a modicum, of self-awareness on Kodouche's part that he needs to grow up and stop having kids.  I bet he doesn't but at least he said it.

2). Hold on for a summer special for Maddie's wedding.

The older kids spent years in a plural household with no tv cameras, no TLC money, no trips, etc. 

I'm worried the younger ones will equate polygamy with the glamour of being on tv, and having money and attention.

"They came in, and they messed with our marriage..."  Way to go, Kody. Make Meri into the victim.

• Love 6

What age was Christine when she married Kody?  After dating just a few weeks?   They've glorified this whole polygamy, must have 3 wives and lots of kids thing for the kids entire lives, and then think their children won't think it is ok to get married young?  Of course MyKelti seems too young to get married... but I bet she's more mature now than Christine was on her wedding day.  Christine, who is afraid of toasters, and sharks that attend the Presbyterian church, and being in the same room with her aunt and 500 observers. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, b2H said:

A little, just a modicum, of self-awareness on Kodouche's part that he needs to grow up and stop having kids.  I bet he doesn't but at least he said it.

I thought that when he was talking about no more kids he was discussing with the current wives only. And then Sobyn followed it up with the fact that she wasn't possibly ready to give up the baby gear. So there's always some seasons (at least in their heads) of drama over Robin having another or picking up another wife for his solar system.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

The older kids spent years in a plural household with no tv cameras, no TLC money, no trips, etc. 

I'm worried the younger ones will equate polygamy with the glamour of being on tv, and having money and attention.

"They came in, and they messed with our marriage..."  Way to go, Kody. Make Meri into the victim.

I agree. Even if they don't care about being on TV, they currently have a lifestyle that is pretty much impossible without the TLC money. Heck, it's really not even possible with the TLC money but the kids are too young to understand that now. Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) the TLC money will dry up and they will be back to living like "normal" polygamists and it should happen soon enough for the kids to get a view of the real affect of multiple wives and billions of kids before they choose it for themselves. 

• Love 3

I saw quite a bit of side-eye from Meri tonite.  This family is far from over the cat fishing debacle.  I don't think anyone will forgive her.  She and kody will definitely never be more than civil to one another.  That was pretty clear tonight.

• Love 10

I laughed out loud at the bumper for #Brown Family Life Hacks  Lmao  The adults all seem to despise each other but they'll give me tips .I'll pass Browns 

The kids do all seem pretty cool tho 

• Love 4

Two things stood out for me.  Kody believes Meri got too attached to him.  A weird thing for a husband to say about his wife.  And, Robyn needed a break from Kody. I guess after she became the legal wife, she no longer felt the need to put up with his antics. 

• Love 4

Go Day-un! He's the only smart one in the bunch. Love that kid.

The interviewer did a better job than Tameron; at least she asked the hard questions, repeatedly. But the Browns can't give a straight answer, or even an answer, to save their lives. Meri outright lied several times about her catfish experience (the texts weren't real? then she said she hadn't listened to them?). I loved how they would turn up the sound when Kody sat there with his hamster wheel turning, trying to formulate an answer. You could almost hear it squeaking in his head. The look of constant befuddlement on his face was tiresome. Mariah also was spinning in circles with her answers. 

The Brown Family-Next Generation was interesting with their answers on living polygamy. I agree with everyone about why they think it might be a good thing due to the TLC money and fame. But it sounded like they started out with "it's a possibility" and ended up with "time will tell". They haven't had as long to live with Kody being a jackass or to really see and process the pain their mom's are living with.

Yep Kody, as long as you ignore the Catfisher, it doesn't exist. Neither do the texts, voice mails and pictures. Ostrich.

• Love 12
(edited)

I thought the interviewer was better than Tamron. I don't expect that anyone on any show is going to tell the public every single intimate detail of their lives. It just will never happen. In regard to the catfish, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. I know everyone assumes Meri is lying and the catfishes is telling the truth; but the catfish is a liar by trade. You cannot ever believe one word that woman says. She has done the same thing to other families and will continue to try to ruin lives. I believe Meri felt more for the supposed "man" than she admits. I also think a lot of things could have been spliced together or doctored in some way. We will never know the truth. Kody continues to look very angry. 

I find it interesting that in their part of the world, they seem intent on 18 and 19 years to be fully functioning adults and are ok with them moving away and getting married and just not being part of the everyday life. Where I live, most 18 year olds are just finishing high school, will go away to college, but still return home on weekends or summers and are still very much a part of the family. The Brown kids all seem alright, I don't expect 13 year olds to have any inkling on whether they will be polygamists. I think it is a silly question to ask young teens. Since Kody doesn't seem to be pushing or even encouraging the religious aspects of their life, why would the kids choose  polygamy? I did like Mariah saying she liked the experience of having other moms. I believe all of the moms really love all of the kids. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 5
(edited)

Was that a mandala tattoo on the back of Maddie's left shoulder showing in the clip of her walking it to tell her family she was engaged?  It looks like it was covered with makeup to hide it.  Has that ever been shown before?  I don't remember ever seeing it. 

Yeah, 40 minutes into watching this and that's all I've got.  Sad.  But not surprising.  Tell all that tells nothing, indeed.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

The interviewer did a better job than Tameron; at least she asked the hard questions, repeatedly. But the Browns can't give a straight answer, or even an answer, to save their lives. Meri outright lied several times about her catfish experience (the texts weren't real? then she said she hadn't listened to them?). I loved how they would turn up the sound when Kody sat there with his hamster wheel turning, trying to formulate an answer. You could almost hear it squeaking in his head. The look of constant befuddlement on his face was tiresome. Mariah also was spinning in circles with her answers. 

Agreed that this interviewer was a marked improvement over Tamron.  Not that she got anything other than the same non-answers Tamron got but she dug deeper. I especially like that she asked about whether this was an emotional affair. 

So I guess Meri only sent a pic posing sexually suggestively with a banana because the catfisher demanded evidence that she was getting potassium? Oh and sent a pic of her legs in the bath surrounded by lit candles because she was demonstrating energy conservation? I eye rolled so hard during that segment that I think I sprained my eyeballs! I just can't even take her victim routine. Yes she was preyed upon by what appears to be a pure psycho mental case but she was emotionally engaged and she did make an effort to meet him/it in FL with her daughter in tow and I believe most of those emails, texts, photos were done of her own free will. 

Can't believe Mykelti is actually engaged after months of dating. 

• Love 22
(edited)
7 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

I especially like that she asked about whether this was an emotional affair. 

And Kody was so befuddled by that question too! "I don't know what that is". He has no clue what emotions are, therefore someone can't have an emotional affair. 

Meri said she told the catfisher she loved him just by saying "love you, bye" when ending phone calls, like he was a good friend. Meri really needs to listen to those voice mails to hear all those passionate "I love You Sam" moments. Kody needs to listen to hear Meri comparing the two of them. You can bet Robyn has listened to every single message. Twice.

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 16

Twice a day ! Every day ! Every VM ! I can picture Sobyn loving every minute of those voicemails.  Feeling extreme confidence in  her #1 favorite wife status 

• Love 10

Once again Dayton proves he is the smartest person in the entire family.  I hope he manages to influence the younger kids to explore the world and not just hop a broom at age 19 and commence to breedin' which I fear is going to be the example set by Maddie and Mykelti.

I realize it's partly the result of the scar above his eye, but I just love the side-eye look Dayton always seems to be giving that suggests subtle skepticism of what is going on around him.  Sometimes he seems like the only person who is aware how messed up things in this family are. 

• Love 10

I like Dayton too for everything described above . He's looking good , slimmed down . I hope he really does get the hell out of there and see the world outside Sobyn & Kodouche-land

• Love 5

I don't expect 13 year olds to have any inkling on whether they will be polygamists. I think it is a silly question to ask young teens.

Me either, especially the younger kids. How old is Savannah? I also thought some of the kids were just saying they were open to it to pacify their parents or trying to be polite a not diss their parents decision.  During the younger teens/kids segment I kept saying shut up Aurora. Who was the boy on the end of the same couch as Aurora, next to Gwendolyn? He seemed to have Kody's number a bit.

I feel like Caleb is being polite when he says how much he likes Kody. I think he likes not living near him. Though I would never expect Caleb or really any of Kody's kids to really hate on him on camera in these interview shows.

I actually feel like Mariah is the only one showing actual real emotions about the whole Catfish debacle. The adults are glossing over it all saying everything is getting better, but I like that Mariah is not totally playing that game. I got the impression that there were things Mariah could not or possibly would not say to answer some of the questions asked. I guess for me, it looked like she wanted to say more but would not. I do not think I am making any sense.

2 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

So I guess Meri only sent a pic posing sexually suggestively with a banana because the catfisher demanded evidence that she was getting potassium? Oh and sent a pic of her legs in the bath surrounded by lit candles because she was demonstrating energy conservation? I eye rolled so hard during that segment that I think I sprained my eyeballs! I just can't even take her victim routine. Yes she was preyed upon by what appears to be a pure psycho mental case but she was emotionally engaged and she did make an effort to meet him/it in FL with her daughter in tow and I believe most of those emails, texts, photos were done of her own free will. 

This. So much of this. Like you said, she was preyed upon by a crazy woman, but she was having an emotional affair. I believe she would have jumped ship if Sam was actually real. All those emails, texts, photos, and whatever else were very telling that this was not just a "friendship". If she actually owned this all I would feel a bit of sympathy for her, but I am so over Meri. She keeps claiming it was a friendship and it was more than that. Also, Kody (and I am not sure about the other ladies, because I flipped the channel for a bit) saying he has not heard or read the voicemails and texts seems like bullshit. Oh and Meri claiming she was never going to leave, because of the children. Please.

• Love 10

These tell all couch shows are a snooze fest zzz zzz .  I have no idea what any of these women see in Kody. Each wife has some really annoying quality / personality quirk , I can't rate them First to Worst cuz they're all worst haha 

omg a preview for 90 day fiancé YaY?

• Love 4

Christine shouldn't feel too bad about butting heads with Aspyn and it being better for Aspyn to live with Robyn.  Sometimes it's tough to have your 20 year old daughter return home after she's lived on her own because young women who have had a taste of independence sometimes have a way of being hard to live with when they return to the nest.  Ask me how I know.  Go ahead, ask lol  

I am glad she doesn't seem jealous or upset about this happening because Christine is actually damn lucky she has someone she trusts living next door and that person gets along with Aspyn and is willing take her in.  And Aspyn should be glad too, because she might  have been on the receiving end of the "you can't go backward" speech and she might be planning a wedding to some man she hardly knows ... just like Mykelti is doing.  

That whole thing about not allowing Mykelti to move back home ... wow.  I understand paying lip service to the idea that she needs to keep moving forward. But if my daughter asked to come home I had said "no" and she showed up a few months later to tell me she is marrying some guy she's known for five seconds, I'd never be able to look at myself in the mirror again.  I wonder if Christine had known it would turn out like this, would she have handled the whole thing differently ... You'd think so, wouldn't you? 

Unfortunately Christine seems to lack that level of insight because she sitting there complaining about how Mykelti is moving too fast and doing these adult things when Christine is the one who sent her off to live on her own despite Mykelti apparently telling her she didn't feel ready and wanted to come home.  How does Christine not get that her refusal to let Mykelti come home has everything to do with her deciding to get married so fast to someone she barely knows?  

• Love 18
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

So I guess Meri only sent a pic posing sexually suggestively with a banana because the catfisher demanded evidence that she was getting potassium? Oh and sent a pic of her legs in the bath surrounded by lit candles because she was demonstrating energy conservation? I eye rolled so hard during that segment that I think I sprained my eyeballs! I just can't even take her victim routine. 

LOL!  I can't believe how much Meri lied to the viewers tonight.  She's never heard the voicemails?  But she "heard" they were probably spliced together?  Sure, Meri.  Well I've heard them, and it was definitely Meri telling the guy she loved him.  Repeatedly.  In lots of different ways.  Romantic and sexual.  And how convenient that the interviewer didn't mention the pictures, although I'm sure Meri would have said those were fake, too.

Mariah seems to be the only one not buying into the Meri-as-victim excuse, although she kinda said nothing.  I feel like she's bursting with anger and has tons to say, but with the family gravy train riding on the show continuing, she's probably holding her tongue.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Christine shouldn't feel too bad about butting heads with Aspyn and it being better for Aspyn to live with Robyn.  Sometimes it's tough to have your 20 year old daughter return home after she's lived on her own because young women who have had a taste of independence sometimes have a way of being hard to live with when they return to the nest.  Ask me how I know.  Go ahead, ask lol  

I am glad she doesn't seem jealous or upset about this happening because Christine is actually damn lucky she has someone she trusts living next door and that person gets along with Aspyn and is willing take her in.  And Aspyn should be glad too, because she might  have been on the receiving end of the "you can't go backward" speech and she might be planning a wedding to some man she hardly knows ... just like Mykelti is doing.  

That whole thing about not allowing Mykelti to move back home ... wow.  I understand paying lip service to the idea that she needs to keep moving forward. But if my daughter asked to come home I had said "no" and she showed up a few months later to tell me she is marrying some guy she's known for five seconds, I'd never be able to look at myself in the mirror again.  I wonder if Christine had known it would turn out like this, would she have handled the whole thing differently ... You'd think so, wouldn't you? 

Unfortunately Christine seems to lack that level of insight because she sitting there complaining about how Mykelti is moving too fast and doing these adult things when Christine is the one who sent her off to live on her own despite Mykelti apparently telling her she didn't feel ready and wanted to come home.  How does Christine not get that her refusal to let Mykelti come home has everything to do with her deciding to get married so fast to someone she barely knows?  

Why is Aspyn allowed to move home but not Mykelti? She probably feels like the black sheep. Does anybody know why the favoritism? 

• Love 1

I think Meri has been debriefed and actually believes the lies she's telling the public.  She has the victim spin down to an art, too bad she contradicts facts the viewers already know.  I could list all the times in which she and the Kodouche were telling bald faced lies about their relationship and the catfish affair, but it would take up an entire post all by itself.  Plus a frame by frame description of the body language that gives away a lie.  Kodouche was especially guilty of this.  Meri was attempting a poker face.

What was with Dayton's eye?  It was closed.  I thought he had that fixed.

I feel for Christine with Mykelti.  She was very honest about how she feels about her wanting to get married.  Too bad the others didn't know at the point that this was filmed because I'd love to see their reactions.  Mykelti was acting so sure of herself it made me angry.  This episode made it abundantly clear that she is light years behind Maddie in maturity.

I agree, this interviewer was better than Tamran at asking the difficult questions.  Too bad the Browns are so well versed in being able to evade them.  I also thought she was beautiful.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'll have to catch this on demand tomorrow. I only caught a few minutes and then switched to the Kardashians, as i knew the drama would be poppin on that episode and that this tell nothing would just be candy coated crap, as usual. 

Looks like i made the right choice reading these posts above! 

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

LOL!  I can't believe how much Meri lied to the viewers tonight.  She's never heard the voicemails?  But she "heard" they were probably spliced together?  Sure, Meri.  Well I've heard them, and it was definitely Meri telling the guy she loved him.  Repeatedly.  In lots of different ways.  Romantic and sexual.  And how convenient that the interviewer didn't mention the pictures, although I'm sure Meri would have said those were fake, too.

Mariah seems to be the only one not buying into the Meri-as-victim excuse, although she kinda said nothing.  I feel like she's bursting with anger and has tons to say, but with the family gravy train riding on the show continuing, she's probably holding her tongue.

I don't think anyone buys Meri's bullshit but Mariah is the only one who'll admit it.

i think Christine looked heartbroken when she saw Aspyn say they couldn't live together because they butt heads essentially. Now she's trying to play it off because she wants to convince us that they don't all hate eachother. It's just wonderful having sister wives! 

Did anyone notice that Robyn was passive aggressive AGAIN toward either Meri or Christine? Shit, I can't remember what she said. Maybe it was about a kid moving in with another mother. If anybody remembers what it was about, I may not go crazy. Plus, she kept interjecting with dumb shit but when Janelle tried to interject one time, Kody got all flustered and interrupted her. I guess only Robyn's opinions matter but we knew that already. I've just never seen him be so blatantly obvious about it.

Robyn's shoes are too small. 

• Love 2
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Why is Aspyn allowed to move home but not Mykelti? She probably feels like the black sheep. Does anybody know why the favoritism? 

I think because Aspyn's still in school, whereas Mykelti dropped out.  I think Christine was saying that she couldn't just move back home and do nothing, especially since Mykelti herself said she felt she needed to "grow up."  Although everything about sending her off to Utah to live on her own as an immature 18 y. o. and work at a pawn shop sounded so skeevy and non-sensical.  Not sure what they were all thinking, and I bet Christine, at least, is sorry now.  

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 5

So Mariah is still pissed off at Meri,  And the reason she is so mad, according to Mariah?  Because Mariah TOLD Meri that dude was a catfish and not to fall for his act. But Meri didn't listen. 

It seems like Mariah is leaving out just a little bit of the story ... Like, it's not just that Meri fell for the slick talking Catfish's lies - it's what she was planning to do about it.  Because if it is only about Meri failing to heed her warning, I can see Mariah thinking her mother is dumb.  I can see her losing some respect for her.  I can see her being embarrassed by her mother being so foolish.  But you just don't stay this mad at your mother for this long because she is dumb and won't listen.  You get that mad because she is wrecking the family, because she is cheating on daddy, and because she is a big phony.

If anything, Mariah's disproportionate anger actually undermines Meri's version of events.  They'd do better to drop it as a story line and move on.

• Love 11

Loved how one of the younger girls (Savannah?) was so adamant about not wanting anymore siblings.

I'll never understand how these douchebags raised such awesome kids. I do give then credit for allowing them to make their own choices.

Kody really is in denial about the whole catfishing thing. If what Meri did wasn't an emotional affair, I don't know what is. Just admit it. 

• Love 8
(edited)

It was 2 hours of bullshit, the only emotions Kody cares about are his own, what a dunce he is,  and  Meri, with her being in that dark, lonely place, and" he, she, it, whatever", practically twisting her arm to leave messages, lol, send pictures of you eating a banana or else,  no one believes that crap.

Robyn was choppin' at the bit to tell her side, and how she was alerted to Meri having an affair, all of them need to get off the internet and pay attention to all those kids,  Christine with those spiders on her eyes scowled for 2 hours and Janelle looked like a ghost, that woman needs some color, and it's a good thing she didn't have a dress on because she sat there on the sofa with her legs wide open, she looked like a man.

I don't care for Mariah at all, she looks and talks just like her mother, carrying that grudge it's very unattractive, get over it girlie.

Edited by Coffee Girl
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, PlygPigs said:

Kody really is in denial about the whole catfishing thing. If what Meri did wasn't an emotional affair, I don't know what is. Just admit it. 

He's not in denial, he's outright lying.  He's like Bill Clinton going on about how whether he had sex with Monica Lewinsky or not depends on what the definition of "is" is.  Or insisting that what they did do wasn't sex at all because it didn't involve intercourse.  Yeah, I won't smoke that dope.  How stupid does Kody think we are?  We weren't even that stupid in 1998!  Then he flips all us "haters" the finger for believing that Meri had an emotional affair - Does he realize he just insulted more than half the audience?  I always thought he was an ass but now I can add "dirtbag" to that too.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 14
(edited)

What a shitty season. They're professional liars. I don't know why I was naive enough to expect to see some honesty this season. I weaned myself off the Duggars and I hope to do the same of this family. TLC burned off all the episodes quickly with 2 hour blocks because each episode has been so tedious.

Every partner in this series is so unhappy:

Robyn got what she wanted and now she realizes how annoying and high-needs Kody can be.  I completely believe the rumors that her niece will be #5.  

Christine moved from #4 to #3.  Paired with her SSRIs, that's enough to get her another 2 years without a break down. 

While it was fake, it was real to Meri at the time. She tasted what a reciprocal, loving relationship can feel like. She'll find a real guy to have some fun with in the next 36 months. 

Jenelle is complacent with being loveless number two. She made her piece with that a long time ago. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 12

Bringing this over from the Baby Sister episode topic (because it's really early and I posted it in the wrong thread)

I would love the opportunity to flip Kodouche off the way he did us last night.  How fucking rude to the people that have watched your shit show and enabled you to have the lifestyle you have.  Asswipe.  I really hope this show is cancelled now.  I just can't with the his arrogance any longer.

Edited to add that I would also like to hold up the picture of Meri assaulting the banana in front of his face while I flip him off. 

• Love 16

I haven't watched the finale yet - I know there isn't anything mindblowing or truly revealing so not in any hurry, however, I do have a few things I noticed from this season in general.

-Robyn seems really done with Kodouche. She isn't all happy smiley or hanging on his every word. She rolls her eyes when he is mentioned by another wife or he is talking. She doesn't sit right next to him anymore. I think the Kodster is still way into the legal "Mrs. Brown", but I think she got what she wanted and doesn't need to deal with his "ick" anymore. Now as a result of that...

-I think Kodouche has been visiting Christine a bit more often than he was in the past. They seem to be getting along really great - like having fun and he doesn't have that disapproving look he had for the 2 or 3 seasons before this one. And what little I saw of Christine in the finale, she looks a LOT thinner - just glowing and happy - I guess as a result of those extra "visits" she must be getting.

-I think Logan and Maddie are both done with Kodouche's antics too. You just see it on their faces and things they try to say eloquently, but you can just read between the line..."I love them because they are my family, but I want a normal life."  

-I think Mykelti is in for a life changing let down. I mean, I hope I  am wrong but she just jumped into this idea of marriage without even really knowing this guy. She may thinks she knows him but I don't know...he just looks a little unsure of it all himself in this. I have a feeling strong-willed Mykelti kind of steamrolled him into this - "Look, we can get our wedding paid for by TLC like Maddie did. We can be on tv and get a paycheck for appearing on the show. Won't it be great?"

-Meri - I hate the way she is acting the victim here. IF Sam had been real, she'd be gone by now. That being said - I feel so sorry for her. I just wish so badly that Sam had been real. Not necessarily a young, good looking millionaire, but just a real guy who really fell for her personality and was prepared to make her his ONLY mate. (I think Meri just put up with polygamy because she initially loved Kody and that was the only way she was going to be able to be with him.)

-WTH happened to Janelle? I like Janelle. I was so happy for her losing all that weight. It's back and I think she has added a few more pounds. (Not that I'm skinny or anything but I didn't sign up to put my life on tv and then motivate all kinds of people to get fit and in better health only to fall off the wagon and then never even mention it again.) The least she could have done is just own up to it the way Oprah always has - I was doing great and I just lost my motivation. 

That's it until I watch the finale. I'm sure I'll have a lot more after that. : )

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

The Brown kids all seem alright, I don't expect 13 year olds to have any inkling on whether they will be polygamists. I think it is a silly question to ask young teens. Since Kody doesn't seem to be pushing or even encouraging the religious aspects of their life, why would the kids choose  polygamy? I did like Mariah saying she liked the experience of having other moms. I believe all of the moms really love all of the kids. 

See also: the eating of pork, Sunday church services (attendance optional, even for Kody, the self-appointed pastor of the church), modesty in the form of no tank tops/bare skin showing on his girls (enforced a few seasons ago, now not even commented on), etc.  Kody makes up rules and then, when he realizes that he'd actually have to get up off the La-Z-Boy and enforce his rules onto so many children, he just shrugs and goes back to napping.

8 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Once again Dayton proves he is the smartest person in the entire family.  I hope he manages to influence the younger kids to explore the world and not just hop a broom at age 19 and commence to breedin' which I fear is going to be the example set by Maddie and Mykelti.

I realize it's partly the result of the scar above his eye, but I just love the side-eye look Dayton always seems to be giving that suggests subtle skepticism of what is going on around him.  Sometimes he seems like the only person who is aware how messed up things in this family are. 

Oh, Dayton!  Run fast and far!  Go see the world!  Do you, Dayton!

Seriously love this kid.  From the calm, confident way he was seated, the way he very politely and directly answered questions, his slight, ever-present smile, which told me he absolutely knows that this television stuff is fleeting and he has his own plans for his life...how on earth did Robyn raise such a great kid?  A kid who was told that he was going to be adopted by Kody and had to go to court to basically renounce his own father, had his bio dad literally replaced in a (CREEPY) portrait, is a quiet kid at heart but was plunked down into the middle of a five-ring circus...and yet, he seems to be wise beyond his years.  Go, Dayton.

I have a 16-year old daughter who is rather difficult to live with now...you can't tell me it's going to get worse when she leaves and returns to the nest!  LALALA I can't hear you!

Other comments: Aspyn and Mykelti sound EXACTLY like Christine when they talk...Garrison sounds identical to Logan, Savannah sounds just like Maddie.  I too found it a waste of time for the interviewer to go around the room and ask each young kid whether or not they were going to live polygamy.  At 12, 13, 14...they aren't thinking about that at all.  Might as well ask Truely and Sol the same thing.

Here is where I would normally say, SHUT UP, ROBYN.  But I have made a sort of uncomfortable peace with the fact that she is always going to butt into conversations that aren't about her.  So...whatever, Robyn (but really, shut up).

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Robyn's shoes are too small. 

Robyn's shoes were ugly. 

36 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I would love the opportunity to flip Kodouche off the way he did us last night.  How fucking rude to the people that have watched your shit show and enabled you to have the lifestyle you have

True, true, true.  

6 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

If anything, Mariah's disproportionate anger actually undermines Meri's version of events.

Exactly.  There is sooo much this show is not telling us, that makes their reactions on the show so nonsensical. We know outside of the show how much more Mariah knew about the scam that they've not mentioned on the show (going to Disneyland etc).  We know Meri's divorce and Robyn and Kody's marriage is what sent Meri over the edge but these fools won't mention that either.  What was the point of having the younger kids on the couch, Aurora thought it was all about her.  And jeez, squishing 4 oversize teenagers on a couch was a bit much, give those guys on the ends a chair.  

• Love 1
(edited)

The title of this thread is everything. 

I'm rushing out the door to a dentist appointment, so I have to be quick for now. 

But I find it real interesting that even Kody won't say Meri betrayed him or crossed any lines as far as their marriage goes. I really do wonder if he'd say the same if Meri wasn't Catfished. If Sam was really a man, would he still be singing that tune? Because, to me, the Catfish part doesn't matter so much. At least not as it pertains to Meri's intentions. I do not believe she knew until much later, and I do not believe she felt forced into sending those love betters and banana pictures. In her mind and heart, she was ALL in with this guy. If it had turned out to really be a guy, but Meri cut it off before meeting him, would Kody still feel there was no crossing the line? I doubt it. I think he's hiding behind the fact that this was just a woman fucking around on the internet. That's the only way his masculinity stays in tact. 

The other thing I found interesting was that they had all the older kids out, but didn't talk to Mykelti about her beau. At all. That was kind of a huge moment to end the season on, and no mention of it? They talked to Christine, at length, but not the girl herself? Odd. 

Last interesting thing I wanted to touch upon - the "middle kids" are all on the fence about plural marriage. I seem to remember there were a lot more older kids who took that stance back in the beginning. I think the thing is, they're still in that stage where marriage is this distant, romantic ideal. They haven't begun to think about it practically yet. Once they get to that age when they're entering serious relationships, I see most of them following in the steps of their older brothers and sisters and rejecting that lifestyle. Except Aurora. I totally see her wanting to be just like her mother. (And, dang, does that girl monopolize a conversation!)

Okay, I'm sure I'll have much more to say when I get back and read everyone else's posts! 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 7

7 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

I think because Aspyn's still in school, whereas Mykelti dropped out.  I think Christine was saying that she couldn't just move back home and do nothing, especially since Mykelti herself said she felt she needed to "grow up."  Although everything about sending her off to Utah to live on her own as an immature 18 y. o. and work at a pawn shop sounded so skeevy and non-sensical.  Not sure what they were all thinking, and I bet Christine, at least, is sorry now.  

I completely get telling Mykelti she can't just come home and sit on the couch. But why did she need to go to Utah to get a minimum wage job? Couldn't she live at home and do that? Or be told if she comes home she gets a job and does X things around the house. She's only a 18 (or 19). She isn't pushing 30 with a habit of starting and stopping things then running home for free food and housing. There are times to step in and say 'get the heck out' but not at such a young age. She's at the age where she needs guidance to figure out what she wants to do with her life. Without guidance she heads off and decides to marry the first "banker" she comes across. 

• Love 11

Haven't seen this part yet, but I am shocked that Christine wouldn't let Mykelti come home.  If she doesn't want to stay in college, there is a better solution.  She could welcome her home, on the condition that she get a job and pay room and board.  That would be a way to teach responsibility while not sending the girl off on her own.  It's on Christine that Mykelti rushed into a loving relationship with Tony--I don't think that would have happened if she was still living with her family and had the support of her sibs.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

The other thing I found interesting was that they had all the older kids out, but didn't talk to Mykelti about her beau. At all. That was kind of a huge moment to end the season on, and no mention of it? They talked to Christine, at length, but not the girl herself? Odd. 

I am thinking they are saving that for next season. Kody must have at least watched the episode and I am sure Christine talked to him about it but listening to the conversation between her and the interviewer it almost sounded like he hadn't even been told yet. Bullshit!  Notice they also didn't ask Kody about it. This is material for next season. 

I find it hard to be sympathetic to Meri because she doesn't own her shit. At all! If this is the same crock she is feeding Mariah, no wonder she is still steaming mad! 

You know when Christine first said the you can't come home thing about Mykelti she was laughing so I thought she was joking. Turns out she wasn't. I'm actually surprised because I didn't think Christine would take so hard a stance. 

One moment that revealed the real Kody was when he seemed genuinely upset that the ladies thought Robyn being snippy to him was so funny and cute. Christine was able to turn it around and make everyone laugh but I thought Kody was dead serious and not happy. 

• Love 13