Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Tell All that tells nothing

• Start Topic

Typically you can't touch your pension until you reach the age of 65, though many pension plans allow you to start collecting early retirement benefits as early as age 55.  Janelle most likely cashed out her 403B (savings plan for Government and Hospital employees).

My mind is a bit fuzzy but if memory serves she called it her "retirement" rather than her pension.  My employer (not a govt entity) allows employees (maybe just former employees? I don't know) to cash out their pensions.  That's what my ex did when he left.  BIG mistake on his part, but I had no control over his actions.

• Love 1
On 6/27/2016 at 0:15 PM, 3girlsforus said:

what a supreme jackass!! It's good I didn't watch this dung pile because I would have flung something at the TV.  He has no understanding that having kids is a lifetime commitment.  I wonder if it's this crap coming from Kody that made Christine tell Mykelti she couldn't come home. I wouldn't be surprised if Kody told her that they are done with Mykelti so she coudln't be in "his" house anymore and Christine just parroted the word of the lord because that's what she does. 

I think that, for the Browns' situation, it's OK for Aspyn to move back onto the compound because she is still in school and, therefore, still able to be claimed as a tax deduction. Mykelti, on the other hand, is no longer a student and serves no financial purpose at home. Instead, KoDouche offers her up to the pawn shop owner he owes money to so she can work off the family debt. Mykelti, in turn, flips KoDouche the bird and says "Fuck this. I'm marrying the first guy that comes around."

• Love 2
On 7/13/2016 at 5:47 PM, Adeejay said:

Typically you can't touch your pension until you reach the age of 65, though many pension plans allow you to start collecting early retirement benefits as early as age 55.  Janelle most likely cashed out her 403B (savings plan for Government and Hospital employees).

When I quit a job I was able to cash in my retirement plan because I had been in the plan less than 5 years.  It worked out well because it went toward the house we bought, and I still had a pension based on 32 years in my next job.

• Love 1
On 6/26/2016 at 6:18 PM, MelissaMinion said:

The older kids spent years in a plural household with no tv cameras, no TLC money, no trips, etc. 

I'm worried the younger ones will equate polygamy with the glamour of being on tv, and having money and attention.

"They came in, and they messed with our marriage..."  Way to go, Kody. Make Meri into the victim.

Watching Escaping Polygamy actually gave me a lot of insight on how the whole plural marriage thing works. It is not necessarily something you choose, but something your religious leaders say that you do or don't do.

The older kids know this, and so know that it isn't really up to them. If they become a member of the FLDS church again they may or may not get assigned to a plural marriage.

Maddy knows that if her husband is called to have multiple wives, she will have sister wives. If he isn't one of the chosen she won't. 

Robyn's husband wasn't one of the men who was chosen to have a plural marriage, so she divorced him and hooked up with Cody who was called to it.

They have much less choice and freedom then what is shown on TV. I think they are very careful to not show how religious they really are. Cody really believes he is one of the chosen ones and is a religious leader. His kids grow up and make their choices based on how they can best serve their community. The girls are pushed to have babies from a young age to grow that community. The boys are pushed into the military to eventually collect money from the government that will help the community and give them a higher position. 

Maddy knows that if her husband is called to have multiple wives, she will have sister wives. If he isn't one of the chosen she won't. 

Fortunately for Maddie, her husband is no kind of Mormon so multiple wives aren't an issue.

• Love 3
On August 29, 2016 at 6:31 PM, riverblue22 said:

Fortunately for Maddie, her husband is no kind of Mormon so multiple wives aren't an issue.

He's too adjacent to the lifestyle for me to comfortable rule it out. She has 90/10 odds. 

• Love 1

He's too adjacent to the lifestyle for me to comfortable rule it out. She has 90/10 odds. 

I agree.   Sadly, spending too much time with Kadoofus might swing the vote.  Plus that Fifteen Minutes of Fame lure with TLC.  

However, if the show gets canceled (my lips to God's ear) that may put a new light on things.  Once he sees them all dumpster diving for food and back on welfare hopefully  he will be smacked with the Truth Stick.  Watching Escaping Polygamy is an eye opener.  The description of how the women have to scrounge for groceries for the hordes of kids and the houses smelling like rotting food from stealing discarded produce - shocking.

• Love 5