Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I have no problem buying new shoes for a child even if they would only wear them for a couple of months and I would not mind paying good money for them if they are supportive. Good shoes are important no mater what your age.

Yeah but all these people care about it the brand - good shoes is not the criticism here.

• Like 4
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I have no problem buying new shoes for a child even if they would only wear them for a couple of months and I would not mind paying good money for them if they are supportive. Good shoes are important no mater what your age.

There are lots of brand new shoes that don’t cost $70.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

They have a new YouTube video tour of their house. 

Pretty boring. Evy (or however they spell it) still sleeps in baby bed in their room. She wakes up at night and they don't want her waking up Felicity. I bet Jinger wished her mom would have been that concerned about her and the other sister moms' sleep. They have guest pretty often, his parents try to visit every couple of months.  It was pretty neat and clean.  

How long have they been in that house?  I can't believe they are still in the freebie house. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

I watched that house tour video. Did anyone else notice the enormous rack of shoes that was in an alcove to the left of the kitchen behind the stairs? I could not believe the rows and rows of shoes. These people are obsessed with footwear. Their finances do not add up, still. They should have been ashamed of themselves making a video tour of "their house". It is NOT their house, it's their landlord's house...that McArthur guy ? Earlier I posted that they needed to move out of the free house and give someone else a chance that really could use it. They are advantage takers, vain, shallow, and squatters IMO after all this time living there. "Jinger's Kitchen"??? Really, don't play with us, Jeremy. With all of the eating out that these two have posted of themselves, Jinger's obvious lack of culinary skills, I highly doubt that she does much cooking at all in that kitchen. Pouring a bowl of Captain Crunch for Feliciteeeee isn't cooking. Grubbers.

• Applause 14
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I just saw 10 seconds so far but I thought it was hilarious that the video starts the same way the Architectural Digest videos do. How original! I'm sure Jeremy wishes AD would contact them.

Lol. He can keep wishing because their place is very unremarkable.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I watched that house tour video. Did anyone else notice the enormous rack of shoes that was in an alcove to the left of the kitchen behind the stairs? I could not believe the rows and rows of shoes. These people are obsessed with footwear. Their finances do not add up, still. They should have been ashamed of themselves making a video tour of "their house". It is NOT their house, it's their landlord's house...that McArthur guy ? Earlier I posted that they needed to move out of the free house and give someone else a chance that really could use it. They are advantage takers, vain, shallow, and squatters IMO after all this time living there. "Jinger's Kitchen"??? Really, don't play with us, Jeremy. With all of the eating out that these two have posted of themselves, Jinger's obvious lack of culinary skills, I highly doubt that she does much cooking at all in that kitchen. Pouring a bowl of Captain Crunch for Feliciteeeee isn't cooking. Grubbers.

They’re everything you said, plus they’re as boring as skim milk. 😴

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I only lasted till they got in the kitchen and Jeremy called Jinger a master chef or something similar. I couldn’t handle the sniffling or heavy breathing or fabric rubbing on the microphone or whatever that annoying sound was.

Edited by YupItsMe
  • LOL 7
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jeremy has a folding chair for an office chair. Huh.

What happened to his office furniture from the Laredo house?  He had those built for him bookcases, and a nice desk with matching chair. 

• Like 4

What was up with the weird full-face picture of Jeremy and some other guy above his office desk?  And why do these two Zzz-list celebs think that anyone wants to see their grifted home in the first place?  Does he understand that most of the people viewing his videos pay a mortgage and have one, maybe two actual jobs?  How does Jeremy walk around all day carrying that ginourmous ego?

I think that's all my questions, none of which need answering.  His sense of self-importance is way skewed...he is simply not an interesting person, in any capacity, who somehow thinks that he is.  It's oddly fascinating.

• Love 15

Has it been said the Vuolos are still living rent free? I can't imagine anyone would willingly pay taxes on a home they don't benefit from.

I guess Jinger, like her sisters Jessa and Jill, doesn't see the need to decorate her kids' room.

• Sad 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, floridamom said:

I watched that house tour video. Did anyone else notice the enormous rack of shoes that was in an alcove to the left of the kitchen behind the stairs? I could not believe the rows and rows of shoes. These people are obsessed with footwear.

The rack is 3-4 feet tall and about the same width with four shelves for four people. Not enormous in size or amount of shoes.

I think Jeremy was teasing when he said she is a "master chef."

This segment starts around 2:40 in the video.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
20 hours ago, auntieminem said:

They have a new YouTube video tour of their house. 

Pretty boring. Evy (or however they spell it) still sleeps in baby bed in their room. She wakes up at night and they don't want her waking up Felicity. I bet Jinger wished her mom would have been that concerned about her and the other sister moms' sleep. They have guest pretty often, his parents try to visit every couple of months.  It was pretty neat and clean.  

How long have they been in that house?  I can't believe they are still in the freebie house. 

OMG, they are so boring! The narrative was like two 12 year olds who were being forced to give a house tour to their mother's church friends. They chose to do that video, and they couldn't have been less prepared or less interested.

Most people WITH JOBS can't afford a 4 BR 3 BA home in southern California, but these two asshats are just soooo unimpressed by their big, free house. I believe -- 100% -- that it's free. Virtually anyone else in their situation would be struggling to pay for a 2BR 1BA apartment.

• Like 3
  • Applause 16

Love the cabinets and their kitchen.  The shoe rack is in an odd place and has a ton of shoes on it.  Shouldn't those go in the closet in the bedroom? Wait. They have to show off.  Who is the guy in the picture in Jeremy's office?  The house is pretty neat and clean. 

Trying to post a pic of the shoe rack, but I can't. Apparently it's too large and I can't figure out how to resize it. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

OMG, they are so boring! The narrative was like two 12 year olds who were being forced to give a house tour to their mother's church friends. They chose to do that video, and they couldn't have been less prepared or less interested.

Most people WITH JOBS can't afford a 4 BR 3 BA home in southern California, but these two asshats are just soooo unimpressed by their big, free house. I believe -- 100% -- that it's free. Virtually anyone else in their situation would be struggling to pay for a 2BR 1BA apartment.

IKR? I lived in California for 15+ years and eventually had to leave because of the massive rents. It’s just gotten worse in recent years. Friends still there have struggled unbelievably recently. There are 66,000+ homeless just in LA. They are so tone deaf and selfish. At the very least, they could do some volunteer work and video that. I wonder how many truly struggling students with families are enrolled in Jeremy’s program who could desperately use free rent? He can’t be very popular with them.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8

RE:  shoes.  Although it is of no interest to me, apparently collecting sneakers is a big thing to many, many people.  I was recently looking on Amazon for a shoe shelf for my garage, and I was amazed at some of the shoe displays that people have.  Displaying the collection is a big part of it--shoes on display and not hidden in a closet.  People buy displays with individual clear boxes to show off their collection.  Some pictures showed 50-60 pairs of shoes on display in the living room.  It does not appeal to me, but Jeremy and Jinger are certainly not alone in the shoe collecting world.  I have a very large collection of Russian nesting dolls.  Most people would think that is odd.  I guess anyone can collect what they want. I do not post pictures on line, however.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

RE:  shoes.  Although it is of no interest to me, apparently collecting sneakers is a big thing to many, many people.  I was recently looking on Amazon for a shoe shelf for my garage, and I was amazed at some of the shoe displays that people have.  Displaying the collection is a big part of it--shoes on display and not hidden in a closet.  People buy displays with individual clear boxes to show off their collection.  Some pictures showed 50-60 pairs of shoes on display in the living room.  It does not appeal to me, but Jeremy and Jinger are certainly not alone in the shoe collecting world.  I have a very large collection of Russian nesting dolls.  Most people would think that is odd.  I guess anyone can collect what they want. I do not post pictures on line, however.

I don’t think Jinger gives a crap about collecting shoes and may not love them all being displayed this way. She may even wish they could use all of the money he spends on shoes for something else. But she has no agency in the marriage and she knows it. So she controls what she eats instead .  . .

• Like 2
  • Sad 11
2 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

The rack is 3-4 feet tall and about the same width with four shelves for four people. Not enormous in size or amount of shoes.

First off, 2 of those 4 people are toddlers/preschoolers and their shoes would all fit on a single shelf, if they were stored on that rack.

Secondly, looking at the photo, we can see about 3/4 of the shoes on the rack and I don't see a single pair that isn't an adult shoe.  None of the visible shoes are small enough to belong to either of the girls. 

From the position of the rack, I think it is meant to be a decorative display and the shoes are probably mostly, if not all, Jeremy's.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 7
2 minutes ago, Notabug said:

First off, 2 of those 4 people are toddlers/preschoolers and their shoes would all fit on a single shelf, if they were stored on that rack.

Secondly, looking at the photo, we can see about 3/4 of the shoes on the rack and I don't see a single pair that isn't an adult shoe.  None of the visible shoes are small enough to belong to either of the girls. 

From the position of the rack, I think it is meant to be a decorative display and the shoes are probably mostly, if not all, Jeremy's.

They’re so modest, doncha know? Their true values are on display here, not just shoes. 

• Applause 12
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:
7 minutes ago, Notabug said:

The top shelf of the racks appear to have small toddler sized shoes in it. 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Notabug said:

In the moving video I watched I didn't notice the dark rack on the right, so double the width I said. On the far left, not shown in the still photo there are pink and turquoise shoes and there is a pair of solid lime green on the bottom.

That area appears to be where they would come down the stairs and change from indoor wear (slippers) to outdoor wear (sneakers.)  

Also, the kids may have small feet, but i doubt Jeremy does.

Edited by Dehumidifier

They probably have shoes in their closets and under the beds too. The visible shoe rack is the curated collection. 

Did Jeremy really say "sweet friends" when talking about the coffee setup? That sounds bad enough when Michelle Duggar says it in her baby voice, but it sounds ridiculous coming out of Jer's mouth. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 9

My issue with Jeremy's shoe collection is that he is a student pastor raising two young children in California, and in trying to figure out how he can not only afford a house, but an extensive, expensive shoe collection.  If he were already, say, an associate pastor at a megachurch, then maybe.  But he's not there yet and might never get there, so maybe put that money towards something like his girls' education or a car or a vacation....although he seems to get all of that for free as well.  And he seems to think he deserves all of it.

I look forward to when the money tree he's got buried somewhere on Johnny Mac's lawn starts to shrivel up.

• Like 8
  • Applause 15
20 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

They probably have shoes in their closets and under the beds too. The visible shoe rack is the curated collection. 

Did Jeremy really say "sweet friends" when talking about the coffee setup? That sounds bad enough when Michelle Duggar says it in her baby voice, but it sounds ridiculous coming out of Jer's mouth. 

They really are awkward and say the douchiest things, like Jinger’s recent ridiculously cringey “next level.” 😆

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

The shoe racks are a little much - the shoes are lined up by color.

Relatability and IG is a funny thing. Posts only need to relate to a follower's hopes and dreams* and not necessarily real life. And followers pick and choose who they want to follow.

Two of the Bates sisters have a large amount of followers, yet I'm guessing not many who follow them aren't in the same income bracket as they are. I'm guessing many are single women and many are grandma types, too.

J&J's posts are very curated and to me anyway, very LA. I'm sure they relate to many sneakerhead wannabes and foodie wannabes.

*as well as followers who are snarkers, creeps and there's always those who follow folks 'beneath' them so they can feel better about themselves

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

LOL, why this was on my FB feed is beyond me, but speaking of IGers who are unrelatable to their followers - think Kardashian. One of the daughters just received a $100,000 dollar pocketbook from their mom for their birthday. That makes $50 kid sneakers almost look sane.

• Mind Blown 11
  • Sad 2
3 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Look at it this way, at least they spend money on shoes that probably fit their kids.  Looking at YOU JillR.   They may be shallow and vain but their kids are decently dressed.

That doesn’t excuse the thousands and thousands that Jeremy has spent on shoes mostly for himself.

• Applause 6
  • Love 4

So has Jinger posted, "I love Jeremy, Jeremy lover sneakers, so I love sneakers" yet? 

I don't follow their social media aside from what gets posted here so I could be getting the wrong impression, but it seems to me that Jeremy just replaced his "love" of books with sneakers and it's all very cringe, as the kids say (do the kids still say that?). Popular book influencers actually talk about the specific books they read, they don't just post pictures of piles of books and declare their love. I can't tell you what sneakerheads talk about, but I'm going to guess that it's slightly more involved than just posting pictures of themselves wearing sneakers. I'm the last one to know what's trending, but I can read posts from popular influencers I can't stand and tell you why they're popular. It baffles me that Jeremy can't figure it out when he's so desperate to grow the built-in audience Jinger provided. You can't just pick something popular, say you like said popular thing, and expect results without adding anything. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

My theory is that Jeremy sells/trades sneakers as a side hustle, and that's where a LOT of his income is coming from. I read an article on the internet that says that this is a thing so of course it's true and I'm right, LOL.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Gweilo said:

My theory is that Jeremy sells/trades sneakers as a side hustle, and that's where a LOT of his income is coming from. I read an article on the internet that says that this is a thing so of course it's true and I'm right, LOL.

But how is Jeremy advertising his awesome sneaker biz if he isn't using the Gram? You'd think he would use a platform where he has something like 500k followers.

• Love 2

One of the few episodes of the show I ever watched featured Jeremy being completely inept at presiding over a yard sale. He couldn't barter to save his life. To the point that even Jinger seemed put out with how shit he was at it. I don't really see him as a secret sneaker business maven. 

pawn-pawn-star.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2