Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 10:53 AM, BitterApple said:

I don't know if you watch Bringing Up Bates, but there was an episode prior to Michael's wedding where the older brothers were testing out Brandon. When asked why they were giving him a hard time, they responded that since Michael is the best, they had to make sure Brandon was the best because that's what she deserved. Far cry from talking about "handing" your sister over like she's a piece of livestock.

While the Bates are just as fundie, they are more "normal" in their family interactions. It is a real love between those siblings. And therefore we see the siblings talking to each other; joking around; making fun of each other; fighting; etc. All of that is "allowed" bc the love is there and Gil and Kelly realize just naturally certain siblings will have more in common with others, so they don't flip their shit when 4 yr old Jeb says Trace is his favorite and his best friend. He doesn't get a lecture re -- no no, they are ALL your favorite and ALL your best friends and in fact your only friends ever and you're not allowed to gravitate to one over the others. So bc those kids grow up seeing all the positives and differences of their siblings -- they know that Michael is the introverted but kind one and she needs  similar guy and thus Brandon better fit that bill and be doing things to make her feel special and loved in her reserved way. Those siblings have more to say about each other than the Duggar standards of -- he/she is Godly; sweet; has a servant's heart. They'll tell you straight up who is LOUD; who is a neat freak; who can't cook; who loves to cook etc.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder what would make the brothers feel they should put the kabosh on a sister's courting or engagement. And who would they go to, Jim Bob or the sister ? Would their opinion matter ?

Realistically - nothing. I mean they all don't work either and they've never seen any male go off to work 40 hrs a week. They've known their bro was molesting their little sisters and later cheated on his wife. And all of that was A-OK. So Bin or Jeremy being lazy and/or not working isn't enough to form a negative view of them. And with Derick they couldn't have said a word about him -- I mean he graduated college; did a 2 yr mission; and was working at a Fortune 500 when he came courting . . . . So what exactly can JD say is SO inadequate about him?

• Love 2

In that pic Jill seems to be struggling not to go all out with gums and brows.  I wonder if she has been reading here as well?  What amazes me in that pic with all three young women who really have plenty of time and plenty of vanity to give good "continence" and yet all have really crappy looking hair.  Do any of them wash it?  Jill, and this is hardly a high bar here, seems to have the cleanest looking hair of the three and I suspect it is because after Danger America and running water issues, she might have taken a week long shower. 

It also cracks me up.  I'm naturally pale among a family that turns a wonderful shade of golden brown from the middle of May to the end of October with the barest kiss of the sun, never 'laying out' and all practicing a very healthy respect for the damage sun can do which is why they all still get carded and I'm pretty sure I am assumed to be their make-a-wish kid along for the ride!

But Jill has been in Danger America and Jessa is Arkansas and I know it is hot when the sun is full out but both look pasty as hell.  Not pale but pasty.   Compared to Jinjer's arms in that craft pic (more on that below).  For all her too thin look and clown makeup she looks loads healthier than her sisters. 

Is Jill taking the pic?  Because I can so see Jessa immediately dropping her head to pretend she is too busy with her phone if Jill says its time to take a pic. 

And while I do think Jinjer's smile is forced there, I also think if Jill took the picture and being Jill, I can so see her taking the time to get herself ready and have a more natural look and then saying, smile!  Jinjer has a look that reminds me a little how I look, or others look when I know the context of being a bit surprised to have a picture being taken and trying in a split second to look natural and pleasant without looking a tad maniacal and of course failing because just by trying it ends up showing. 

That's not to say that she also isn't trying to sell how happy she is if it kills her.

Of course being Jill, I can also see her saying something along the lines of "show how happy you are to be marrying Jeremy" and the constipated forced glee is the natural result.

I actually wonder if Jinjer realizes Texas and Arkansas share a border and that she could easily have fit both states in proper context on that size board with not only no problem, but actually with a more pleasing visual, in my opinion. 

• Love 2

Jinger's hair looks fried, but I think that might be the prettiest Jill has looked in ages. Her skin looks great and her hair looks soft and shiny. Jessa, on the other hand, has terrible looking skin. I actually do feel bad for her about that, it can be demoralizing. Although, I have no doubt she still thinks she's the hottest in that car.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, DoctorWhovian said:

Singer's hair looks kind of like that "scene" style that was (is?) popular back when My Space was big. It kinda has that horse hair look because it's been messed with so much.

Jinger, take some of your TLC money and get this product called CHI serum so you can flat iron your hair without turning it into a crispy, crunchy mess!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder what would make the brothers feel they should put the kabosh on a sister's courting or engagement. And who would they go to, Jim Bob or the sister ? Would their opinion matter ?

I know can you imagine- my brothers have decided that so and so is not good enough for me because of such and such so now I'm no longer courting.  Maybe that's what happened with Jana.  It seems like the men have the deciding factor on whom they hand off their females to.  Can't 'hand them off' to just anybody.

13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Maybe just because they've been continually told by their "religion" that since they're male they're destined to grow up into headships just like the almighty headship Jizm Bob (even though in this case, they're not....Jizm Bob: "Heh heh. Suckers.") taking every woman in the vicinity under the umbrella of protection and authority. So now they're sort of apprentice umbrellas trying out the skills related to said destiny on all the non-personhood-people in their vicinity, otherwise known as all nearby females and, in their case, all the nearby females are their sisters.

I mean, if Jizm Bob drops dead tomorrow, at least one of the brothers owns that non-personhood chattel known as sisters. Owns. Has to pay the bills for. Orders about. Is served by. Friggin owns.

And I expect that they do have the delusional male ego that would certainly go with that knowledge. After all, what else have they got?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe just because they've been continually told by their "religion" that since they're male they're destined to grow up into headships just like the almighty headship Jizm Bob (even though in this case, they're not....Jizm Bob: "Heh heh. Suckers.") taking every woman in the vicinity under the umbrella of protection and authority. So now they're sort of apprentice umbrellas trying out the skills related to said destiny on all the non-personhood-people in their vicinity, otherwise known as all nearby females and, in their case, all the nearby females are their sisters.

I mean, if Jizm Bob drops dead tomorrow, at least one of the brothers owns that non-personhood chattel known as sisters. Owns. Has to pay the bills for. Orders about. Is served by. Friggin owns.

And I expect that they do have the delusional male ego that would certainly go with that knowledge. After all, what else have they got?

Unfortunately in that case the eldest son which is the great wonderful child molester Smuggar and the girls have no choice to have him as their headship.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Unfortunately in that case the eldest son which is the great wonderful child molester Smuggar and the girls have no choice to have him as their headship.

Yep, quite unfortunate, isn't it?

I suppose I can see him refusing the "job." Maybe that would be the thing that would drive him to grab a car off the Duggar Crappy Formerly Totaled Auto Sales Lot and flee. Which is what I wish he'd do in any case. After all, he'd have to know how expensive it would be to take on the sister-house.

• Love 2
On 9/10/2016 at 7:47 PM, CofCinci said:

I wonder who Jessa is texting....  Sultan of Brunei?

I'm going with no one, she's just over it all and is sick of being saddled with Jill's eyebrows-and-gums combo. 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

She's reading banned books!

Hey, a girl can hope.

That would be awesome! Aaaaaaaaaaand it would be a quantum leap in their little world.  Jessa is over 18, married, 1 kid and another bun baking, so anything from a banned or secular book shouldn't be a problem.

1 minute ago, MichaelaRae said:

Oh, Jeremy isn't her headship yet - remember, they do the hand off/cattle trade during the vows - so it must be Dim Bulb's preference still.

JB's tightgrip is slipping. Jinger is very handsy with this dude. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The bar is not set very high. So far they've approved a shorts wearing, Fundy-lite who was a college sports team mascot. And then they approved a tank top wearing unemployed pretty-boy teenager.

Now they're approving a preacher-man. Jeremy needs not to worry.

• Love 6

I wonder what would make the brothers feel they should put the kabosh on a sister's courting or engagement

It's not hard to impress a passel of ignorant, uneducated, controlled-by-daddy beta male virgins.

• Love 9
On 9/12/2016 at 5:30 PM, GeeGolly said:

The bar is not set very high. So far they've approved a shorts wearing, Fundy-lite who was a college sports team mascot. And then they approved a tank top wearing unemployed pretty-boy teenager.

Now they're approving a preacher-man. Jeremy needs not to worry.

I think short of drinking a fifth of whiskey right from the bottle while shooting heroin between his toes while Black Sabbath plays from a stereo with an "I'm with Her" sticker on it over a Jenna Jamison movie playing on mute, and he's pretty much good to go.

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

The above art?  I am SOOOOO doing this for my husband.  He needs a good laugh.  

This is the sort of crap that high school kids do for their "promposals". (Also, I just used the word "promposal" and I think it made me physically ill.)

Also, it's this sort of crap that makes me very, very wary of Jeremy.  

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Joe Jitsu913 said:

Jinger (and Jill!)  need to learn how to properly apply eyeliner . It looks horrid on them,  amongst other things. 

For reals. I'm getting pinkeye just imagining the amount of gunk they apply to their waterlines.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Joe Jitsu913 said:

Jinger (and Jill!)  need to learn how to properly apply eyeliner . It looks horrid on them,  amongst other things. 

It really has the opposite of the intended effect, and makes their eyes look really tiny. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Aja said:

For reals. I'm getting pinkeye just imagining the amount of gunk they apply to their waterlines.

I don't even think they're properly applying it to their water lines. If you do it correctly,  you shouldn't look like a raccoon and it should actually make your eyes look bigger,  not smaller. They should also also use a softer colour like a soft brown.  Black is too harsh for their eye color.  

• Love 6

Jeremy should keep that teensy apartment until they can't fit cribs in there anymore. It is the only realistic way to keep the invaders away. We know boob won't pay for a hotel. I'm not sure 'babe' is going to let the family keep the headship like Bin and Derelict.

• Love 7

Omg.  Watching the "Meet the Parents" episode.

I am having a hard time stomaching how Jim Bob is acting.  Petulance is not pretty.  Slamming his future son in law every chance he can get is just disgusting.  I'm sure it made a wonderful impression on the Vuolos.

Heres what bugged the crap outta me:

1. Jim Bob opening Jeremy's closet and announcing to the world that it smelled of "dirty shoes"

2. The scowl on his sanctimonious face when the happy couple sat on the sofa and Jereny had his arm around her.  The comment about things moving too fast burned my butter.

3. "I don't think they are at the point yet to swap spit" Seriously, Jim Bob???  These are ADULTS here and THEY are the ones to decide when they "swap spit", not you.  

4. The comments about Jeremy not having enough seating for everyone on the sofa...sorry but Jeremy's apartment is leaps and bounds from your first place.  Be happy that your daughter will live somewhere nice without need of your financial support.  Ohhhhh...maybe that's the problem...

5. JD and Jana are twins, yet she was "always" a year ahead of him?

6. Joy saying that after graduation Jed and Jer were going to explore business ideas-and she was going to help her mom with the kids.  No ambition to do anything aside from being a sister mom...

i feel so sorry for these kids.  Really. 

Edited by Lady Edith
Because I needed to finish my thought
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Omg.  Watching the "Meet the Parents" episode.

I am having a hard time stomaching how Jim Bob is acting.  Petulance is not pretty.  Slamming his future son in law every chance he can get is just disgusting.  I'm sure it made a wonderful impression on the Vuolos.

Heres what bugged the crap outta me:

1. Jim Bob opening Jeremy's closet and announcing to the world that it smelled of "dirty shoes"

2. The scowl on his sanctimonious face when the happy couple sat on the sofa and Jereny had his arm around her.  The comment about things moving too fast burned my butter.

3. "I don't think they are at the point yet to swap spit" Seriously, Jim Bob???  These are ADULTS here and THEY are the ones to decide when they "swap spit", not you.  

4. The comments about Jeremy not having enough seating for everyone on the sofa...sorry but Jeremy's apartment is leaps and bounds from your first place.  Be happy that your daughter will live somewhere nice without need of your financial support.  Ohhhhh...maybe that's the problem...

5. JD and Jana are twins, yet she was "always" a year ahead of him?

6. Joy saying that after graduation Jed and Jer were going to explore business ideas-and she was going to help her mom with the kids.  No ambition to do anything aside from being a sister mom...

i feel so sorry for these kids.  Really. 

Haven't seen it but sounds absolutely dreadful.  Figures JimBob is putting down his future son-in-law already.  He's got that inferiority complex with males in the family even his own sons.  He acts worse than an animal needing to stay on top of the pack.  'Swapping spit', how absolutely crude - that's your daughter your talking about.  And Jeremy not having enough seating for everyone, JB didn't even have enough beds for everyone after 14 kids.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Defrauder said:

Haven't seen it but sounds absolutely dreadful.  Figures JimBob is putting down his future son-in-law already.  He's got that inferiority complex with males in the family even his own sons.  He acts worse than an animal needing to stay on top of the pack.  'Swapping spit', how absolutely crude - that's your daughter your talking about.  And Jeremy not having enough seating for everyone, JB didn't even have enough beds for everyone after 14 kids.  

Oh it was BAAAAAAD.  If TLC only showed the better parts of what went on, the visit was a fiasco.  There was much passive-aggressiveness going on and you could tell that Jeremy was getting annoyed.  Even Jinger looked as if she wanted to crawl under a rock.  

Later in the episode they went to lunch for real Mexican food and, of course, JB refused to try Jeremy's very normal-looking beans and rice dish.  It looked delicious!  And instead of using the time to get to know Jeremy and his family a little better, Jim Bob instead went into total idiot mode.  Talking about how hard it would be to support Jinger's thrift store shopping habit on his meager starting preacher's salary.  Because, you know, buying a set of $2 used towels And a $3 sweater is expensive!  The socially inept Jim Bob, who obviously doesn't have an ounce of couth in his body, told Jeremy he may want to get a part-time job to help support Jinger and her thrift shopping ways.  You could hear the crickets chirping.  MeChelle just stared at Jim Bob with absolute rapt adoration and Jeremy's mom just stared at him and smiled that uncomfortable and polite "omg he is an idiot" grin.  Jeremy's dad turned his focus to his drink, sucking on his straw to avoid saying anything in response.  In the talking head immediately following Jeremy said, "I don't think I even responded to that."  

As they were saying goodbye at the airport, Jeremy and Jinger were side hugging A LOT.  They broke apart for a split second and JB immediately took the opportunity to put his arm around Jinger and hug her, too.  Jinger went right back to Jeremy for another hug, looking embarrassed and not even really acknowledging JB.  As they ride the escalator to the departures gate, Jinger looked back at Jeremy with longing.  Jim Bob also turned around, only to scowl at Jeremy.  It's patently clear that Jim Bob does NOT like Jeremy.  

Either TLC purposely edited this episode to show JB in a very negative light (would boost ratings with the anti Duggar crowd) or he really was that much of a jerk.  Again, the show usually shows the most favorable things that happen. If these WERE the most positive events of the weekend, then he really made a GREAT impression on the Vuolos.  ?

• Love 10

Will Cringe be freed?

Jessa has stayed on at the ranch to take advantage of the babysitting services and free meals prepared by non-courting fillies.

Jill is unhappy with her missionary position, even though she prayed her whole entire life of being a missionary with a missionary heart and couldn't wait to be married to her perfect partner the missionary. Jill will only be happy back in her bed with her name on it under the eaves. 

Cringe is the one who was able to collect the flowers for Jessa. She is the one who wanted to live in a city, but not really a city determined by population, but a city determined by Walmart. Also, she is the one who has a hobby that is practical for fundy women. She can also do string art and laundry while focusing on her long distance relationship (does that mean masturbating to his photo?) Right now, I give her the best odds for a starring role for TLC. Especially if Babe doesn't succumb to the lure of Boob. You just know Boob is offering the storefront church dream and the free house. If Babe is smart, he resists the temptation and keeps his manhood intact.  

• Love 6

Jinger reminds of those ID Channel women who go on killing sprees with their boyfriends because they luurrrvvv him so much. If she had to choose between Babe and Boob, Babe would win hands down. Homegirl wants OUT. Aside from Jessa and maybe Joseph, I don't think she cares about leaving her siblings. IIRC, she was the one who admitted she and Jana only became close because there were no other options after Jill and Jessa married.

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Wondering if JB is working to break them up.  How much power does he have over Jinger.  Would Jeremy just let it happen or come in and rescue her.

Boob tested his power of revoking the courtship with Jessa (teasing) and Jessa threated him with eloping, (teasing, sort of). I suspect Jinger is at this stage with Babe. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Oh it was BAAAAAAD.  If TLC only showed the better parts of what went on, the visit was a fiasco.  There was much passive-aggressiveness going on and you could tell that Jeremy was getting annoyed.  Even Jinger looked as if she wanted to crawl under a rock.  

Later in the episode they went to lunch for real Mexican food and, of course, JB refused to try Jeremy's very normal-looking beans and rice dish.  It looked delicious!  And instead of using the time to get to know Jeremy and his family a little better, Jim Bob instead went into total idiot mode.  Talking about how hard it would be to support Jinger's thrift store shopping habit on his meager starting preacher's salary.  Because, you know, buying a set of $2 used towels And a $3 sweater is expensive!  The socially inept Jim Bob, who obviously doesn't have an ounce of couth in his body, told Jeremy he may want to get a part-time job to help support Jinger and her thrift shopping ways.  You could hear the crickets chirping.  MeChelle just stared at Jim Bob with absolute rapt adoration and Jeremy's mom just stared at him and smiled that uncomfortable and polite "omg he is an idiot" grin.  Jeremy's dad turned his focus to his drink, sucking on his straw to avoid saying anything in response.  In the talking head immediately following Jeremy said, "I don't think I even responded to that."  

As they were saying goodbye at the airport, Jeremy and Jinger were side hugging A LOT.  They broke apart for a split second and JB immediately took the opportunity to put his arm around Jinger and hug her, too.  Jinger went right back to Jeremy for another hug, looking embarrassed and not even really acknowledging JB.  As they ride the escalator to the departures gate, Jinger looked back at Jeremy with longing.  Jim Bob also turned around, only to scowl at Jeremy.  It's patently clear that Jim Bob does NOT like Jeremy.  

Either TLC purposely edited this episode to show JB in a very negative light (would boost ratings with the anti Duggar crowd) or he really was that much of a jerk.  Again, the show usually shows the most favorable things that happen. If these WERE the most positive events of the weekend, then he really made a GREAT impression on the Vuolos.  ?

That is horrible.  JB has NO manners.  Usually when normal people are getting to know their future in-laws they are naturally polite and respectful and try to get off to a good start and enjoy getting to know each other.  Not King JB of course - he has to PUT DOWN his future in-law like he himself is just soooo great.  Poor Cringe and Babe at this point.  I feel badly for Babe's parents too.  How impolite and rude of JB.  What an awful father - and future father-in-law.  I'm starting to think that future potential mates of Duggar singles will be so turned off by his behavior they will just not even consider a Duggar courtship.

• Love 7

It's horrible to watch but I love that everyone, including Jinger is disgusted by JB. He's lost his hold over her and he's pissy about it. Someone above said 'petulance isn't pretty'. And it's not. But on JB it's hilarious. He knows Jinger and Jeremy are just playing the game (and let's face it - a lot of us bite our lip around family to avoid confrontation) and that when they are married she's gone and they are out from under him. TLC may have given him a bad edit, but JB is a whiny, insecure jerk and I love knowing that he is unhappy about Jinger and Jeremy.

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 15

Jim Bob was awful.  It was worse than anything I've ever seen with Jim Bob, except for the mini golf....that was just gross. 

I don't like Jeremy.  He seems creepy and I think something is way off with this guy.  

This cat fight with Jim Bob and jeremy is amusing. Love anything that annoys Jim Bob and I love Jim Bob questioning Jeremy because I think Jeremy is a nutter. Poor Jinger.  She just wants to get laid.  

• Love 9