Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I actually don't mind that they are not showing their kids on line.  Of course, I would prefer that they stop showing themselves on line, also.  In fact, I wish they would just stop posting all together and get on with their lives, but I think they have gone too far to just stop.

• Applause 13
  • Love 5

Yeah those are all real celebs with talent and careers. The Vuolos don’t really do anything. So they try to show their lives, but there’s nothing there. They’re desperately trying to get some fame going on social media, but hiding the kids just makes it that much more empty and weird. 

And btw, I don’t even like kids on social media in this day and age. My grandchildren are forbidden from being shown anywhere and I agree with that. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 12

The Vuolos half hearted attempts at, at, I don't know, shilling, fame and MacDaddy publicity, is a hot mess, but it makes some convoluted sense. Jessa seems to be continuing her parents' "ministry" and maybe making some spending money, so she too has some objective.

What doesn't make sense to me is Joy and Jill. Why did Joy get back on SM? Why is Jill still on SM? 

• Love 1
On 9/8/2022 at 9:07 PM, Zella said:

That's the impression I've gotten in online discussions--that it is more associated with the Midwest. 

My mom made it for us growing up, and I’m from Northern Indiana. She just used cream of mushroom soup. When you’re a kid, it’s not bad. Ground beef, C of M soup, cheese, and tater tots. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The Vuolos half hearted attempts at, at, I don't know, shilling, fame and MacDaddy publicity, is a hot mess, but it makes some convoluted sense. Jessa seems to be continuing her parents' "ministry" and maybe making some spending money, so she too has some objective.

What doesn't make sense to me is Joy and Jill. Why did Joy get back on SM? Why is Jill still on SM? 

I think for Jill, SM is a thing that people do so she's doing it, and since her extremely conservative family points her out as the most conservative, there probably is a ministry aspect for her as well.

I think Jill is still chasing that high from being the most liked Duggar and really wants that validation. And for all her talk of therapy and boundaries, she's still a fundie...ministry is going to be a motivation for her.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I grew up in the upper midwest and we had tator tot casserole for school lunches at least twice a month.

I'm sure Jerm looked into the hottest keywords for Duggars and figured "Tator Tot Casserole" would score the most coin.

Does anyone who knows monetized SM know how much they made off the video so far?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I grew up in the upper midwest and we had tator tot casserole for school lunches at least twice a month.

I'm sure Jerm looked into the hottest keywords for Duggars and figured "Tator Tot Casserole" would score the most coin.

Does anyone who knows monetized SM know how much they made off the video so far?

Not a clue, but I just checked, and it's up over 100k views.

• Mind Blown 3
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

679vn2rj5dn91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

She doesn't look too bad here really. Her hair is a little long still. What is it with people wearing their watches on their right hand? I was always taught that left handed people wore them that way. Is Jing left handed? Can't remember. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks said:

She doesn't look too bad here really. Her hair is a little long still. What is it with people wearing their watches on their right hand? I was always taught that left handed people wore them that way. Is Jing left handed? Can't remember. 

Left handed here. Like Jinge, my watch has always been on my right hand.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Stevie Nicks said:

She doesn't look too bad here really.

If I didn't know her I'd think it was a teenager's senior picture.  She doesn't look like a mom of two.

Edited by Angeltoes
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Isn’t that someone else’s podcast?

OOPS, I obviously suck at SM. Still jumping from one thing to another. It looks like Jeremy is keeping the shaved head look. I thought he’ll have a combover for life. 

• Love 1

J & J are really pushing Jinger content on IG.  She posted another in the kitchen but it was just a coffee drink (tonic and espresso) which would have been better with some liquor.  Jeremy's recent IG has been about Jinger.  I wonder if he realizes the audio quote he is using on his last post is Ricky Gervais from After Life. Would not think he would be a Ricky fan.  https://www.instagram.com/p/CianROZJxuD/?hl=en

Subscribe to her newsletter to not miss any exciting moment.  😏https://www.instagram.com/p/CilO3dnMy0b/

Edited by auntieminem
ETA: IG post
  • Like 1
  • LOL 8
21 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

J & J are really pushing Jinger content on IG.  She posted another in the kitchen but it was just a coffee drink (tonic and espresso) which would have been better with some liquor.  Jeremy's recent IG has been about Jinger.  I wonder if he realizes the audio quote he is using on his last post is Ricky Gervais from After Life. Would not think he would be a Ricky fan.  https://www.instagram.com/p/CianROZJxuD/?hl=en

Subscribe to her newsletter to not miss any exciting moment.  😏https://www.instagram.com/p/CilO3dnMy0b/

The perfect reaction to this post is my favorite GIF of all time. I use it multiple times a day on Twitter. 😆 

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

Tonic and espresso? Why? Maybe with some vodka, lol.

• LOL 12
18 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Because Jinger (and by extension her headship) is down with the rad homies and drinks cool, edgy drinks like espresso! (Pay no attention to the MacArthur boyz club beihind the curtain, though). 

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 2
  • LOL 9
13 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

The perfect reaction to this post is my favorite GIF of all time. I use it multiple times a day on Twitter. 😆 

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

Tonic and espresso sounds revolting.

On the other hand After Life is a lovely show (a bit depressing to begin with).

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, auntieminem said:

So did they finally figure out from the flood of views on the Tater Tot post that Jingle DUGGAR is the draw, and not Jer or Vuolo anything?  

That's gotta disturb Jer secretly, at least, I'd thnk. But maybe he does sorta realize by now that his ride to fame and prominnce is always gonna be on somebody's coattails. And, horrors, half or more of it'll be on the coattails of a mere woman/"Christian wife." 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5
On 9/10/2022 at 6:52 PM, irisheyes said:

My mom made it for us growing up, and I’m from Northern Indiana. She just used cream of mushroom soup. When you’re a kid, it’s not bad. Ground beef, C of M soup, cheese, and tater tots. 

My mother used cream of mushroom soup so much when we were growing up that I can't even LOOK at it - example:  pork chop casserole with cream of mushroom soup. BARF!  Tuna noodle casserole WITH cream of mushroom soup - double BARF!

On 9/12/2022 at 9:28 AM, Stevie Nicks said:

I never heard that.  I am right-handed and always wear my 'purses' on my left shoulder and a watch on my left hand.  I just thought it felt better that way.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Boston said:

a watch on my left hand. 

Most right-handed people do that. What's more unusual is wearing it right-handed, as Jinger is doing. But not unusual for a leftie like Jinger. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2

I'm a leftie, but wear my watch on my left arm.  I also mouse with my right hand.  When I have to fix something on my mother's computer, I always have to move the mouse to the right side.

I do have one question on the photo of Jinger in the sundress.  The wasteline looks wavy.  Is that a style now or is this one of the Bates sisters Gordon Gartrelle dresses?

• LOL 2
44 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I can’t believe so many people still wear watches, lol. I stopped wearing one over 12 years ago. I’m surrounded by clocks everywhere I go with my phone/iPad/computers, car clock, and others. 

I need a watch. I supervise kindergarten recess and lunch, which aren't on the normal school bell schedule (they go earlier). So yeah, no clocks on the yard. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I can’t believe so many people still wear watches, lol. I stopped wearing one over 12 years ago. I’m surrounded by clocks everywhere I go with my phone/iPad/computers, car clock, and others. 

I don't look at it much, but my arm feels kinda naked without it.  BTW, I am a lefty, but still wear my watch on my left arm.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Zella said:

Most right-handed people do that. What's more unusual is wearing it right-handed, as Jinger is doing. But not unusual for a leftie like Jinger. 

I went to Catholic school from the first grade.  I now write with my left hand.  They beat that out of me and made me be a rightie.  "No one can be left-handed" SAID THE BIG BAD NUNS.  The nuns.. they were horrible.  just sayin.

3 minutes ago, Boston said:

I went to Catholic school from the first grade.  I now write with my left hand.  They beat that out of me and made me be a rightie.  "No one can be left-handed" SAID THE BIG BAD NUNS.  The nuns.. they were horrible.  just sayin.

4 minutes ago, Boston said:

They were all angry.. wonder why?  again, JMO

• Sad 8
On 9/19/2022 at 4:52 PM, Boston said:

I went to Catholic schools and can absolutely say that I was NEVER forced to write with my right hand.  NEVER.  No one ever suggested it, no nun, no lay teacher, nobody.  In fact, I remember being shown how to slant my paper opposite to the righties and how to hold my hand so I wouldn't drag it across the paper and smear the ink.  This was ages ago and we learned to write with cartridge pens which were really messy.

I must have lucked out in Catholic school. I have not even one horror story involving me, or anyone else.

I don't either, nothing out of the ordinary at all.  Did the nuns sometimes get angry?  Yep, over stuff that would anger most anyone.  Did they yell when they were angry?  Yes,  Did I ever see anyone get beaten by a nun?  Except for a few cracks across the palms with a ruler back in the '60's when that stuff was considered normal, I never saw anyone get hit by a nun.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Boston said:

I went to Catholic grammar school in the 60s and they didn't do that in my school. There were lefties in my classes Only a few of the nuns were meanies. The boys sure got away with a lot of shenanigans in 7th and 8th grade when the nuns rotated between classes. I don't recognize these Catholic schools that people talk about. My Catholic high school was heaven.

• Like 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

I went to Catholic grammar school in the 60s and they didn't do that in my school. There were lefties in my classes Only a few of the nuns were meanies. The boys sure got away with a lot of shenanigans in 7th and 8th grade when the nuns rotated between classes. I don't recognize these Catholic schools that people talk about. My Catholic high school was heaven.

My brother was a year behind me.  My mother went down to the school like a banshee.. Why?  The principal PADDLED him.  Then 3 years later a HUGE NUN.  put him in a headlock.  Don't tell me there weren't bad nuns.  Thank God we got out of there in one piece. and went to public school (which I hated).  My brother is semi-retired after a great job;  I am semi-retired after a great life in the medical field and travel. I have 2 other brothers.  All successful.  So.  it is a question.  did Catholic school scar us?? NO.  we fought thru it.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Boston said:

My brother was a year behind me.  My mother went down to the school like a banshee.. Why?  The principal PADDLED him.  Then 3 years later a HUGE NUN.  put him in a headlock.  Don't tell me there weren't bad nuns.  Thank God we got out of there in one piece. and went to public school (which I hated).  My brother is semi-retired after a great job;  I am semi-retired after a great life in the medical field and travel. I have 2 other brothers.  All successful.  So.  it is a question.  did Catholic school scar us?? NO.  we fought thru it.

Heading to SMALL TALK.  Some of you never lived in the northeast.  

• Sad 2