Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Jessa has said before that she wanted all boys.  For some reason she doesn't want to parent or mother a daughter.

I took that as another, "Fuck you, internet" statement, because of all the criticism that the Duggars makes their daughters raise their siblings. Jessa saying she wants all boys was her attempt to prove that she she totally wouldn't expect a child of hers to raise the others. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, SMama said:

Was that Jessa or Bin? I read somewhere he said he wanted a football team, fifteen boys. Sorry if I'm misinformed, I have no idea how many are needed to form a football team.

There are eleven players are a football team and, yes, I remember Ben saying that, too.

Methinks Jill and Jessa are jealous.  Like other posters have said, Jinger may be enjoying her new husband and just being away from the whole compound.

EVERYONE in my and Mr. Xword's families had kids before we did.  I didn't give a shit if they didn't like it, we wanted to wait, and I'm very happy we did.  

Not everyone wants to be a baby machine.  

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Annb67 said:

How f- ing obnoxious are those four girls standing around asking the only freaking thing they know to say. I hope Jinj responds with "Mind your own damn business bitches. I'm actually enjoying my time with my husband."

That clip was disgusting and totally scripted by JB to build up excitement for the next season. barf. JB's simplistic thought process is this: Weddings boost ratings, lets have more weddings. Births boost ratings, let's have more births. Dangerous births boost ratings, let's have some more of those too. Maybe Mullet's uterus will fall out while filming someday and the ratings will soar . Then they can keep stuffing it back in to keep the show going indefinitely.

• Love 7

I really hope they're not added a dog to their tiny apartment.  These look like pure bred, expensive dogs instead of a rescue from a shelter.

I guess the TLC is helping Jeremy to upgrade his life already.

1 hour ago, louannems said:

I really hope they're not added a dog to their tiny apartment.  These look like pure bred, expensive dogs instead of a rescue from a shelter.

I guess the TLC is helping Jeremy to upgrade his life already.

They could be rescue dogs. I have two Siamese, most likely mixes, who look exotic and expensive. One was a stray who showed up on my porch (she's my avatar); the other was my foster, and I picked her from a high-kill shelter. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Anonymousie said:

They could be rescue dogs. I have two Siamese, most likely mixes, who look exotic and expensive. One was a stray who showed up on my porch (she's my avatar); the other was my foster, and I picked her from a high-kill shelter. 

Maybe, but given that there are two adult dogs of apparently the same breed, and two pups with coloring matching each adult dog, it seems likely that this is a breeder.

I don't necessarily have a lot against responsible breeders; a couple of dogs we have had over the past 30-odd years have come from breeders, but all our cats and most of our dogs have been rescues, and while I loved the pure bred dogs we had as well, there's just something about a rescue! That's our latest rescue cat, Cora, in my avatar. 

• Love 5

I'm hoping they don't get a dog either. The Duggar attitude towards pets seems to be toss them outside with no shelters and hopefully remember to pour some stale Ol' Roy in the dog dish. Maybe if it rains, the animal gets water, if not, oh well.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, louannems said:

All you need is room in your heart for a dog.

I wouldn't be able to walk away from that place without one of them. Looks like a nice farm or whatever it is.

Jinge and Babe may be one of those young couples who put off having kids and lavish attention on their dog. Nothing wrong with that. I know many of them.

Egads! I'm defending them!!! What is wrong with me??? Oh yeah....I like dogs more than Duggs.

• Love 14
17 hours ago, Mollie said:

Jessa has said before that she wanted all boys.  For some reason she doesn't want to parent or mother a daughter.

Competition. 

• Love 21

I think it's a good sign to get a dog. The rest of them have NO interest in pets, and I've always felt that pets make a home. And just maybe Jeremy is dragging out the eventual pregnancy and they'll learn to love a dog first. I have a large labradoodle  in a condo, so all it needs is love and walks. 

I feel ridiculous counting the months another woman has been married - and hoping like hell they make a year with no baby. 

Jeremy's "hey now" in that clip sounds very Howard Stern. Wouldn't that be something.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I think it's a good sign to get a dog. The rest of them have NO interest in pets, and I've always felt that pets make a home. And just maybe Jeremy is dragging out the eventual pregnancy and they'll learn to love a dog first. I have a large labradoodle  in a condo, so all it needs is love and walks. 

I feel ridiculous counting the months another woman has been married - and hoping like hell they make a year with no baby. 

Jeremy's "hey now" in that clip sounds very Howard Stern. Wouldn't that be something.  

In the video where Joy is showing Babe's friends around, she shows off Jinger's road kill and talks of how Jinger doesn't really care for animals.  Not a good thing for a dog owner.

• Love 3
On Monday, May 08, 2017 at 2:29 PM, Annb67 said:

How f- ing obnoxious are those four girls standing around asking the only freaking thing they know to say. I hope Jinj responds with "Mind your own damn business bitches. I'm actually enjoying my time with my husband."

Exactly. And what is she has fertility issues. How rude

• Love 2
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Darknight said:

Exactly. And what is she has fertility issues. How rude

It would be very interesting if HE has the fertility issues.  Will the Duggars blame it Jinger?

Edited by ariel

Since Jeremy wasn't raised in an enormous family, maybe, HOPEfully, he has an animal lovers' heart.  And to think he might approve of some kind of birth control?  Probably not, but...

I'm a crazy cat lady (I love dogs too) and I will hope that IF Jer and Jing adopt a doggie, they will love it and maybe will postpone the baby making thing.  

• Love 2

I knew that Jeremy was into the TLC fame. Seems he took that 6 months to get them established and then let loose on social media.

I think they have separate accounts because of his amazing career as a minister and all his fans. All of them.  Jeremy is a famous minister. Very famous. 

• Love 9

Apartment dwellers need to be very dedicated dog owners. They don't have the same ease of home owners with a fenced back yard where they can let their dog run, play and do their business, by just opening their back door. I can't picture Jinger walking a puppy in the rain or in the heat multiple times a day. The Duggars half-ass everything and have a poor record of pet care. It bugs me when folks like the idea of a pet (or a baby) and then don't do right by them.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Apartment dwellers need to be very dedicated dog owners. They don't have the same ease of home owners with a fenced back yard where they can let their dog run, play and do their business, by just opening their back door. I can't picture Jinger walking a puppy in the rain or in the heat multiple times a day. The Duggars half-ass everything and have a poor record of pet care. It bugs me when folks like the idea of a pet (or a baby) and then don't do right by them.

Ditto.  Plus, I think they travel too much to care for a dog.  Seriously, they take a vacation with the Duggar clan every other week. It's so unkind to frequently board a dog and it is expensive.  Better not to have one at all.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, ariel said:

It would be very interesting if HE has the fertility issues.  Will the Duggars blame it Jinger?

Of course it would be Jinger's fault! I'm sure any male infertility or dysfunction can be 'scientifically' linked to their needs not being instantly, righteously and joyfully fulfilled in the past.

It seems redundant to ask a woman when she's getting pregnant if she is following the family tradition of letting God choose her family. Only interfering upstarts who think they have the right to influence conception would be answering that question. Then again, I haven't watched the clip and 'redundant' is pretty apt for the Duggars.

• Love 1
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

It seems redundant to ask a woman when she's getting pregnant if she is following the family tradition of letting God choose her family. 

Jim Bob once made this statement about having kids: "I've always just left it up to Michelle."  In other words, it wasn't 'God's decision' at all!  It was Michelle's: taking birth control pills, then not taking birth control pills, charting her most fertile days, curtailing breast feeding of the most recent baby, handing each baby off at six months to be nurtured by a sibling, and then XXXXing Jim Bob at her most fertile time.

You can hear Jim Bob's statement at about 1:41 on this video:

And if that weren't enough, after Michelle's life threatening pregnancy giving birth to a severly premature, special needs child, Michelle gets pregnant again at 47 years old.  Two months after losing that pregnancy, she shows up at a fertility doctor seeking assistance to get pregnant again: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/duggars-visit-fertility-doctor-baby-number-20-article-1.1801096

"Letting God decide" is a myth they circulate to mask the fact that Michelle is mentally ill and has an obsession with child bearing while she could care less about child rearing.  

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Ditto.  Plus, I think they travel too much to care for a dog.  Seriously, they take a vacation with the Duggar clan every other week. It's so unkind to frequently board a dog and it is expensive.  Better not to have one at all.

Of course, they'd probably hand the pup off to some of the unsung slave-ys who take care of Big Pastor Jer's church on the many occasion he isn't there for those Wednesday, Friday and Sunday events they apparently have every week. .... 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Jim Bob once made this statement about having kids: "I've always just left it up to Michelle."  In other words, it wasn't 'God's decision' at all!  It was Michelle's: taking birth control pills, then not taking birth control pills, charting her most fertile days, curtailing breast feeding of the most recent baby, handing each baby off at six months to be nurtured by a sibling, and then XXXXing Jim Bob at her most fertile time.

You can hear Jim Bob's statement at about 1:41 on this video:

And if that weren't enough, after Michelle's life threatening pregnancy giving birth to a severly premature, special needs child, Michelle gets pregnant again at 47 years old.  Two months after losing that pregnancy, she shows up at a fertility doctor seeking assistance to get pregnant again: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/duggars-visit-fertility-doctor-baby-number-20-article-1.1801096

"Letting God decide" is a myth they circulate to mask the fact that Michelle is mentally ill and has an obsession with child bearing while she could care less about child rearing.  

Quantity, not quality, must be what Michelle thinks is important.  

Better to have an enormous number of ignored urchins than one or two (or even three) children who are nurtured and can enrich the world.

I just can't with that...

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ariel said:

I've asked the same question w/r/t Michael Bates Keilen and Brandon for over a year now. You KNOW the guys will never get tested to see how their swimmers are working. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Mollie said:

Maybe they won't if they get a dog. It would actually be pretty smart of Jeremy. "We'd love to come up and spend months at the compound, go to Big Sandy, ride around on the stink bus, etc. but we have to stay home with Fido."

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

":I've asked the same question w/r/t Michael Bates Keilen and Brandon for over a year now. You KNOW the guys will never get tested to see how their swimmers are working. 

Back in the day when I was in Catholic School, in the bible they used, if a couple didn't have any children it was always because the women was "barren".  They also blamed Eve for everything.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 4

The latest from In Touch:

"It sounds like Jinger Duggar and Jeremy Vuolo might really be expecting their first child together!

"In Touch previously reported that the Jill & Jessa: Counting On star is pregnant with her first child — and now fans think they found her baby registry on Buy Buy Baby's website. The page has seemingly been deleted since its original spotting, but the due date read Dec. 16, 2017 and the gender was revealed to be a girl."

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/is-jinger-duggar-pregnant-131883/photos/jjosh-duggar-then-and-now-236542

8 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Maybe they won't if they get a dog. It would actually be pretty smart of Jeremy. "We'd love to come up and spend months at the compound, go to Big Sandy, ride around on the stink bus, etc. but we have to stay home with Fido."

To which the Duggars respond: Oh, no, you don't. Just let him out on the interstate. He'll be fine. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I hate Jeremy's pants and shoes.

I always hate his pants and shoes.  He looks like he is trying too hard to be a trendy minister. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

I always hate his pants and shoes.  He looks like he is trying too hard to be a trendy minister. 

I actually like his preppy look. He does look like a try hard but are least he looks clean and put together unlike Derrick's homeless look and Bin's teenage boy outfits.

• Love 21

If she's pregnant, she's not far along enough to be showing. I've heard of that registry before, but I think it got taken down as a fake. Remember, this couple didn't even have a public wedding registry. 

If she is newly pregnant, they'll wait until the season premiere on 6/12 to announce it. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, ariel said:

Back in the day when I was in Catholic School, in the bible they used, if a couple didn't have any children it was always because the women was "barren".  They also blamed Eve for everything.

They also thought the earth was flat and at the center of the universe, that mental illness was caused by demonic possession and that a statue of a golden calf was a god.  We've come a long way since the Bible was written despite what these nitwits think.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, JoanArc said:

If Jinger is pregnant I doubt she's fat enough along to know the sex.

If she's due December 16, she's just 8 weeks along.  Way too early for an ultrasound to see the gender.  At 8 weeks, all fetuses look alike, the external genitalia hasn't developed.  Even blood testing for free fetal DNA to test for chromosomal anomalies (and which gives gender) isn't done until around 12 weeks.

• Love 3

Add to that, the registry was discovered two or three weeks ago. It all adds up to fake.

However, like a broken clock, the tabloid's follow up article yesterday could be now true if, as I noted above, Jinger is newly pregnant and able to move about in public without people suspecting anything.... unlike Jessa who was obviously pregnant in New York last summer, despite no announcement.

• Love 1

You can do the blood testing as early as 9 weeks to find out the gender.  I used a company called Natera and did the "Panorama" testing at 10 weeks to find out the gender of my baby.

• Love 1
(edited)

Duggars wait for the anatomy scan. They're not paying extra for, to them, a needless procedure. I doubt Jeremy has insurance that would cover it. 

Erin Bates was tested early, presumably because she was high risk. Other than her, I can't think of another fundie who couldn't wait until their stripmall boutique ultrasound around 20 weeks.

Edited by Sew Sumi
spacesmatter
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

You can do the blood testing as early as 9 weeks to find out the gender.  I used a company called Natera and did the "Panorama" testing at 10 weeks to find out the gender of my baby.

You can, but most clinics don't do it until they do the scan for nuchal translucency (NT) around 12 weeks (another test to try to detect chromosome problems early).  A woman under the age of 35 with no family history of chromosomal anomalies would generally not have the blood work unless the NT was abnormal at 12 weeks.

• Love 2

@doodlebug Can you define NT for idiots like me who have never made it to 12 weeks with a pregnancy? How would a fetus be affected? Again, I ask because Erin was tested around 9 weeks, IIRC, but could have been 12. Definitely before the typical anatomy scan appointment.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

@doodlebug Can you define NT for idiots like me who have never made it to 12 weeks with a pregnancy? How would a fetus be affected? Again, I ask because Erin was tested around 9 weeks, IIRC, but could have been 12. Definitely before the typical anatomy scan appointment.

Nuchal translucency or NT is done with an ultrasound at around 12 weeks or so.  There is a fold of skin at the back of the neck containing fluid on every fetus at that point.  Children with chromosomal abnormalities including Down Syndrome tend to have a thicker fold than kids who have normal chromosomes.  There are charts available with these measurements and, if the measurement shows a thicker than usual fold, there is an increased risk of chromosomal abnormality. The mother is offered an immediate blood test which measures free fetal DNA (Natera and Materniti 21 are two of the brand names out there).  From early in pregnancy, the baby's DNA can be found in the mother's blood stream.  There are now means of sorting the baby's DNA from mom's and then testing it for chromosomal abnormalities like Down.  Anyone can look at the full chromosomal array and tell if the baby is a boy or girl because a Y chromosome is much smaller than an X.  If all the pairs of chromosomes are matching in size, it's a girl (2 X chromosomes).  If one of the pairs has a small chromosome and a larger one, it's a boy ( one X and one Y).

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Nuchal translucency or NT is done with an ultrasound at around 12 weeks or so.  There is a fold of skin at the back of the neck containing fluid on every fetus at that point.  Children with chromosomal abnormalities including Down Syndrome tend to have a thicker fold than kids who have normal chromosomes.  There are charts available with these measurements and, if the measurement shows a thicker than usual fold, there is an increased risk of chromosomal abnormality. The mother is offered an immediate blood test which measures free fetal DNA (Natera and Materniti 21 are two of the brand names out there).  From early in pregnancy, the baby's DNA can be found in the mother's blood stream.  There are now means of sorting the baby's DNA from mom's and then testing it for chromosomal abnormalities like Down.  Anyone can look at the full chromosomal array and tell if the baby is a boy or girl because a Y chromosome is much smaller than an X.  If all the pairs of chromosomes are matching in size, it's a girl (2 X chromosomes).  If one of the pairs has a small chromosome and a larger one, it's a boy ( one X and one Y).

Awesome, Doodlebug!  Is that something Jill knows how to do with her kit of "medical things?"

• Love 20
44 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

You can, but most clinics don't do it until they do the scan for nuchal translucency (NT) around 12 weeks (another test to try to detect chromosome problems early).  A woman under the age of 35 with no family history of chromosomal anomalies would generally not have the blood work unless the NT was abnormal at 12 weeks.

I'm over 35 and told my OB that I only wanted to do non-invasive testing, so she offered it up to me.

From what I understand (through pregnancy message boards), its gaining popularity and more women are opting to do it these days. 

But from what I understand these DNA based tests are a little more accurate than the NT?  Neither are diagnostic tests, you would need to do an AMNIO for that, but that carries a miscarriage risk so I opted against it.

• Love 1