Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Losing at Love

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, LocalGovt said:

Speaking of such things....I've seen (online) a device that larger women can use to facilitate sex.  It's like a chair type thing that you would place over the man, and the woman would sit (with knees bent at her sides) on top of it to...um...position herself. 

There is not enough alcohol in the world that can wipe that image from my mind now.  I'm going to go sob in a corner now.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, LocalGovt said:

Speaking of such things....I've seen (online) a device that larger women can use to facilitate sex.  It's like a chair type thing that you would place over the man, and the woman would sit (with knees bent at her sides) on top of it to...um...position herself. 

I just can't....how is sex every spontaneous and fun when you have to break out your "sex furniture" from the local storage facility.

The girl is in her early 30's....its the time to enjoy sex without having to pre-plan for it.

Although, at this point I don't understand how she enjoys sex, because I'm sure her body is hurting, and I don't know, and I don't want to know what positions she can do that alleviate pain and.....well....work logistically. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, mamapajama said:

All we know for sure is that the lights are on.

And I'm guessing they have to be, or else they wouldn't be able to see WTF is going on. I could say something truly horrifying about getting things mixed up, but it's almost dinnertime and I like you guys too much to do that to you.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

And I'm guessing they have to be, or else they wouldn't be able to see WTF is going on. I could say something truly horrifying about getting things mixed up, but it's almost dinnertime and I like you guys too much to do that to you.

As long as you weren't going to say Lennie might be mistaking one of the rolls of fat as the actual Target, I think we're ok.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

As long as you weren't going to say Lennie might be mistaking one of the rolls of fat as the actual Target, I think we're ok.

That is exactly what I was going to say! Thanks for grossing us all out! :-P

• Love 3

At the risk of partially-defending Whitney, I did hear her say that she wanted Katie in the back of class so that when the choreography had them facing the back of the room the class could follow her, as she would then be in the front of the class.

That, on its own merits, may be innocent.  But in her confessional Whitney made it clear that she was doing it as a dick move.

I believe the trainer said that Whitney was 328 when she was first working out with him 2 1/2 years ago (is this also the same time her "A Fat Girl Dancing" video went viral on YouTube?) and she is now at 378. At some point in time, Whitney mentioned she had lost 100 lbs. But she also stated she gained 100 lbs when she started college and she blamed this on PCOS.

Don't try to untangle that math.  It's harder than figuring out Bachelor contestants' real ages.

What is undeniable is that Whitney has gained a substantial amount of weight over the course of this series.  If you compare her confessionals (when she's sitting in the chair) from this season to last season, her face is noticeably fatter.  And when you compare to those flashback clips from the last time she trained with Will, it's like night-and-day.

She certainly seems to be on a downward spiral.  And at the risk of sounding cliched like "you can't fix a problem until you admit you have one", I do think part of the issue here is that Whitney can't decide whether she's supposed to be happy the way she is, or desperate to change.

• Love 7

Geez Alapaki, when you said "when she's sitting in the chair" a whole new image floated in my head because of previous posts. 

There's one more thing about her sitting in the non-sex chair.  Has anyone else thought that very soon she's going to be swallowed up by her enormous behind?  Whitney's shape while sitting in the chair resembles a heirloom tomato.  Soon, the bottom half is going to pop over the arms of the chair and bury her head. 

I noticed this last night.  Her head is looking smaller and smaller but it's because her ass is getting bigger and bigger - proportion wise.

(edited)
5 hours ago, Tosia said:

Whit definitely has medical problems or frequent instances of injuries (and definitely has the propensity for more injuries) due to her weight.  Ankles, back, hips, and knees were never intended to carry 378 lbs.  We have heard abt or seen her back hurting, riding a scooter in the St. Patrick's Day parade cuz of a foot injury, sleep apnea so she wears a machine,  fainting after 40 minutes of dancing, not being able to lift her own weight up into the truck, not wearing a seat belt in her dad's car, etc.  Nope, her life ain't fabulous. 

Diabetes may not develop. Both my maternal grandparents had it,  but so far no one else in the family,  even though there are a couple of us overweight smong 11 cousins. 

Women have heart issues more often. Eating mayo, pasta, and cheese?  Her clogged arteries are dying. 

Plus her chances of injuries are increased given her weight making her unsteady on her feet or the bike, although she probably drives everywhere. 

Whit is just another train wreck on TLC. No body shame, doesn't mean I have to respect her lazy lifestyle, her bullying personality, immaturity,  or meanness to her parents.  

But she loves being fat, though!

Right. 

(I could lose some pounds myself and I know others who are quite heavy, but healthy and living life. But Whitney's weight is impeding her life in so many ways. All she does is gripe and bitch about limitations and pain. But she loves being fat. Grow the hell up, you unpleasant little snot.)

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, zoemom said:

That would explain why Babs didn't know his last name.  Sorry, Babs is a much sharper stick than that - she'd know Lennie's last name probably before Whitney would, if he was a "real" vs. reality boyfriend.

Bab"s has probably googled him and knows that Lennie is not his real name. Who changes their name to Lennie and why?  If he's doing this to promote his art, he's not doing a very good job of it. And he's not bad looking without the beard, but his eyes are very intense. Kind of serial killerish.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Geez Alapaki, when you said "when she's sitting in the chair" a whole new image floated in my head because of previous posts. 

There's one more thing about her sitting in the non-sex chair.  Has anyone else thought that very soon she's going to be swallowed up by her enormous behind?  Whitney's shape while sitting in the chair resembles a heirloom tomato.  Soon, the bottom half is going to pop over the arms of the chair and bury her head. 

I noticed this last night.  Her head is looking smaller and smaller but it's because her ass is getting bigger and bigger - proportion wise.

I've noticed Twit's shape too. They showed a side shot of her sitting & her front to back girth (don't know what else to call it) is as big as her side to side girth.  I like your heirloom tomato reference.

There's another thing that bugs me. It could be the camera angle, but when they show Twit & a passenger in her SUV,  things seem to be off, size wise.  It looks like whoever is in the front seat is sitting in the back seat.  I guess Twit's seat is pushed way up cuz her legs are short (even though her stomach rolls are huge) & the passenger seat must be pushed way back.  It just looks more of a difference than in another car.  I had to actually look at the side windows to figure out Babs was in the front & not in the back.  It could be the difference in size between Twit & her passenger, too. Maybe they just have a larger camera to accommodate,  I thought the car camera is just a little stick on thing like a GPS or cell phone size.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Alapaki said:

At the risk of partially-defending Whitney, I did hear her say that she wanted Katie in the back of class so that when the choreography had them facing the back of the room the class could follow her, as she would then be in the front of the class.

That, on its own merits, may be innocent.  But in her confessional Whitney made it clear that she was doing it as a dick move.

Don't try to untangle that math.  It's harder than figuring out Bachelor contestants' real ages.

What is undeniable is that Whitney has gained a substantial amount of weight over the course of this series.  If you compare her confessionals (when she's sitting in the chair) from this season to last season, her face is noticeably fatter.  And when you compare to those flashback clips from the last time she trained with Will, it's like night-and-day.

She certainly seems to be on a downward spiral.  And at the risk of sounding cliched like "you can't fix a problem until you admit you have one", I do think part of the issue here is that Whitney can't decide whether she's supposed to be happy the way she is, or desperate to change.

I think cliches exist for a reason :)  IMO she is desperate to convince herself and others that she is happy the way she is, because she is scared of change - it will be hard and she doesn't want to give up her pasta and pizza.  (BTW when they asked about favorite pizza toppings on the show I was thinking cheesesteak!)  That's the addict mentality, along with the blind insistence in her own mind that she is fooling everyone else.  She came close to admitting it this week when she was talking about herself during the bike scenes and she said something like, "I don't like to do things that show people that I'm not really strong."  Typically she would have us believe that she IS strong, just hasn't practiced riding the old bike in a while.  Also when she made the tuna dish and was sitting there shoveling it in, she said something about never knowing when she's full.  Does she really know that about herself or is she just saying it for the cameras?  If she really understands that about herself, it would be something to discuss with the nutritionist she met with (once), or a therapist, and admit that she doesn't know what she is doing and needs help with it.  But I don't see that happening any more than I see her taking the trainer's advice.  And she has acted in the past like she wants to have this healthy fat body by working out and dancing - so work out and dance!  If she committed to working out every day, and did it, she might start feeling better and then watching food intake might follow naturally.  Furthermore, I am calling BS on her whole "I don't watch what I eat because then I become obsessed with it and I don't like living that way."  That's just another excuse for her addiction, IMO.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Alapaki said:

I feel like Whitney feels incapable of changing her eating habits. I think she feels completely defeated by her eating disorders, so she's not going to even try anymore. I'm sure its because she has tried to change and failed many times. So, she puts on a happy face and tries to convince herself and everyone else that she is happy as she is. After she went to the ER and the mock funeral, a couple of times she said that she couldn't even think about the issues that her friends/family/medical personnel brought up. She's in deep denial, constantly telling herself how happy and fabulous her life is. She really would benefit from some serious therapy.

• Love 13
On June 29, 2016 at 11:12 PM, Snarklepuss said:

ITA, I'm beginning to suspect almost everything with this show as being fake and manufactured, including her relationship with Lennie, the dance class, her "jobs", her "public appearances", etc.  TLC probably gets her so-called "employers" to participate for free publicity.

The dance class is real, only it was never Whitney's.  It was always her friend Todd's, only it wasn't for "big girls" until the show.  He probably just lets the show use his time and space for filming and the show makes it look like Whitney is the owner of the class.

It is so obvious that Lennie doesn't give a crap and our suspicions that he is being paid to play a role are probably correct.  It's no wonder Babs doesn't like him.  She doesn't have to like him because he isn't real.  Glenn and her play along with it because it creates a story line for the show.  Talking about how Lennie doesn't have a job - well, his job is being paid to be an actor, but they can't admit that.

My impression was that Todd no longer lives in Greensboro - and that he actually lives in NY but comes down to NC for filming. In late 2014, he had a post about flying from NY with a friend to NC and would be there for a few months (August to November).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I've noticed Twit's shape too. They showed a side shot of her sitting & her front to back girth (don't know what else to call it) is as big as her side to side girth.  I like your heirloom tomato reference.

There's another thing that bugs me. It could be the camera angle, but when they show Twit & a passenger in her SUV,  things seem to be off, size wise.  It looks like whoever is in the front seat is sitting in the back seat.  I guess Twit's seat is pushed way up cuz her legs are short (even though her stomach rolls are huge) & the passenger seat must be pushed way back.  It just looks more of a difference than in another car.  I had to actually look at the side windows to figure out Babs was in the front & not in the back.  It could be the difference in size between Twit & her passenger, too. Maybe they just have a larger camera to accommodate,  I thought the car camera is just a little stick on thing like a GPS or cell phone size.

My cousin and I noticed this. I don't think her size allows for anyone to sit parallel to her in the car - an SUV. I think it says something that she took up almost the entire back seat of her dad's car. And that she has to drive so she can actually "fit"

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Bab"s has probably googled him and knows that Lennie is not his real name. Who changes their name to Lennie and why?  If he's doing this to promote his art, he's not doing a very good job of it. And he's not bad looking without the beard, but his eyes are very intense. Kind of serial killerish.

I googled "Whitney Thore boyfriend" and nothing I've seen shows his name as anything else but Lennie Alehat.  All his social media and blog, Etsy, Deviantart, etc. are in that name.  Where did you see this and what is his real name?

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

IThere's another thing that bugs me. It could be the camera angle, but when they show Twit & a passenger in her SUV,  things seem to be off, size wise.  It looks like whoever is in the front seat is sitting in the back seat.  I guess Twit's seat is pushed way up cuz her legs are short (even though her stomach rolls are huge) & the passenger seat must be pushed way back.  It just looks more of a difference than in another car.  I had to actually look at the side windows to figure out Babs was in the front & not in the back.  It could be the difference in size between Twit & her passenger, too. Maybe they just have a larger camera to accommodate,  I thought the car camera is just a little stick on thing like a GPS or cell phone size.

I always thought that was the result of the camera having a wide-angle lens to get both of them in the shot.  When they're driving there's no cameraman in front of them, probably just a Go Pro mounted on the windshield at an angle in close proximity so it makes Whitney look huge out of proportion to her mother.  Mr. Snarkle has a big American SUV and the passenger seat is often pushed way back compared to the driver's seat (especially when I drive it), so it might be a combination of both the camera and that.

149040.020.01.197_20150508_140255.jpg

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Have some more noodles and mayonnaise, Whitney. 

I was pulling hard for Katie to walk out that door Whit had her shoved up against. 

I hate to defend Whitney.....but I used to LOVE Tuna Helper.  That shit was delicious.

But I haven't had it in at least 15 years.  It is pretty much sodium, fat and carbs.....with a can of tuna!

• Love 4
On 6/29/2016 at 8:37 PM, princelina said:

I enjoyed her triumph over difficulty, but then she ruins it with "I'm not doing that again any time soon."  It seems like everything she does that is positive is a one-and-done for her show, rather than something to build upon or set goals from.  She could have made a deal with Buddy or the girlfriend (was Lennie there?  Can't remember already LOL) to practice ride a few days a week so that she could join them next month and keep up the whole time, or something like that.  I find her attitude frustrating for me, the viewer :(

That's how I felt when she was set to prove she could ski when everything was pointing to failure. She was so determined to show that even she though had a "scare", she was actually great and look, she went skiing! I'm glad that blew up in her face. It should have been a wake up call instead of an opportunity to prove she's an exception the rules.

• Love 3

"My eating has never been intuitive" What the HELL does that mean anyway? Is eating supposed to be "intuitive".

Also those white noodles and the mayo and the cheese need to go. God knows how much mayo she put on there and that was a pound of noodles. 

Jeez and Lenny "I have time" like I'll go on a diet when I'm 50 but not now. I did love Babs saying What does Lenny bring to the table as a mate? Nothing! Sex for her. I mean is he even going to pay rent when he moves in?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, operalover said:

"My eating has never been intuitive" What the HELL does that mean anyway? Is eating supposed to be "intuitive".

Also those white noodles and the mayo and the cheese need to go. God knows how much mayo she put on there and that was a pound of noodles. 

Jeez and Lenny "I have time" like I'll go on a diet when I'm 50 but not now. I did love Babs saying What does Lenny bring to the table as a mate? Nothing! Sex for her. I mean is he even going to pay rent when he moves in?

There is a dietary approach called "Intuiutive Eating" which says, amongst other things, that due to both poor eating and dieting, many people are not really in touch with the signals their bodies should be sending them about being hungry or full.

I'm guessing that answer was in response to a specifically prompted question or part of a longer answer about different dietary approaches.

if Whitney really is skipping meals and then binging she's pretty much making the point of the Intuitive Eating philosophy 

• Love 6
On 6/29/2016 at 10:39 PM, Alapaki said:

32 years old.

Interning.

Yeah Whitney, you're a real grown-up.

Loser.

Although I can totally see the radio show "hiring" her for free.   I get the impression this is a yuk-it-up morning-zoo type yap-fest.  She'll spend most of her time answering the phones and fetching coffee, and occasionally be involved in "bits", for many of which she will probably be the butt of the joke.  

Yes that is the impression I got- they want her for her minor fame and to use in gags. Plus they allowed the interview to be filmed so they know she has a show. 

when the trainer said you need to move your body 6 days a week she acted like she didn't have time, like she was so busy working how could she do a power walk for an hour a day? What is she so busy doing? She could work 3 hours a day 7 days a week with no problem. I bet she sits on her ass a good 5 hours a day. The trainer pointed out she could find 6 hours in the 168 we have available per week.

She really looked like a jerk carrying on about the girl who took over the class, calling her a bitch too. Girl should start her own class! 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, operalover said:

If Lenny isn't an actor playing the role of Whitney's BF (and that's a big if), then he is just like a guy I used to know. He was a really passive guy and girls would just decide that he was going to be their BF he would go along with it. He never opened a car door for them or said ILY first or had any chemistry with the girls who claimed him. They would tell him to take them out on dates and when he was supposed to buy presents for them (complete with what to buy). Now, unlike Lenny, the guy I knew was handsome and had a job so there was a reason girls wanted to date him. I can totally see Whitney deciding that Lenny was her BF and Lenny just going along with it because he wasn't doing anything else at the time.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

There is a dietary approach called "Intuiutive Eating" which says, amongst other things, that due to both poor eating and dieting, many people are not really in touch with the signals their bodies should be sending them about being hungry or full.

Thanks Alapaki for this information.  I've never hear of it but in a way it makes sense.  So, knowing this new information let me attempt to help Whitney.

If you're not that keen with intuition please read this....

If you take up the whole backseat of your dad's car - it may be time to seek professional help in dieting.

If more than five medical doctors tell you that you need to lose weight - it may be time to seek professional help in dieting.

If your mom needs to shave your legs because your rolls of fat are interfering with normal body movements - it may be time to seek professional help.

If you can't turn around - it may be time to seek professional help.

If you can't get up after a fall because you're too fat - it may be time to seek professional help

If your pants split while visiting a grocery store - it may be time to seek professional help.

If you want a Philly cheesesteak pizza after having a heart test where the doctor tells you to lose weight - it may be time to seek professional help.

If your ample breasts are spilling out of your shirt to lay on your stomach - it may be time to seek professional help

If your idea of a quick healthy meal includes ingredients with mayo, noodles and cheese  - it may be time to seek professional help

And finally, if you think putting your life at serious risk of overeating, ignoring professional medical advice, allowing (and encouraging) complete strangers to mock, ridicule and degrade you for a paycheck....it may already be too late for professional help.

As much as I've been blasting her it did take courage to go on that group ride. It was 10 times harder for her than anyone else. That was not much of a hill but getting 378 pounds up it is not easy. Plus her bike is heavier than everyone else with those enormous tires. She can look at that as a challenge because she really pushed herself. She can try to see each time if she can go a little faster. She should do it on her own with her friends though cause she kind of slowed that ride way down. It was  okay for her to be there and they didn't mind waiting like the bike shop owner said --but every week I think it would be kind of annoying to the rest of the people. It would start to get old. But good for her. 

Whoever said above about the thick gel bike cushions being more comfortable: it would seem that way but they actually make it all worse  in the long run than a harder seat. It forces your legs to splay out into an unnatural position in terms of you are not straight down to the pedals due to the width and the cushion. This can cause knee pain.  The padding in these things often bunches up and crams itself into spaces you'd rather not have anything go into. These type of saddles often cause the very problems they are said to prevent. But to each his own! If it gets you out on a bike so be it! 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I googled "Whitney Thore boyfriend" and nothing I've seen shows his name as anything else but Lennie Alehat.  All his social media and blog, Etsy, Deviantart, etc. are in that name.  Where did you see this and what is his real name?

Snarklepuss, I saw it at starcasm.net and they say his name is Nathan Lee and Lennie is his hipster pseudonym. So who knows. Whatever his name is, I question his intentions.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ThinkerBell said:

Lennie is known as Lennie Alehat, but this article suggests that his real name is actually Nathan Lee:

http://starcasm.net/archives/328624

Good news, Lennie's Facebook page confirms that Whit doesn't have to be the breadwinner after all!

IMG_20160701_101436.jpg

Wow, Lennie and the Duck Dynasty guys really need to make friends with a razor. None of them are doing themselves any favors.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ThinkerBell said:

Lennie is known as Lennie Alehat, but this article suggests that his real name is actually Nathan Lee:

Good news, Lennie's Facebook page confirms that Whit doesn't have to be the breadwinner after all!

IMG_20160701_101436.jpg

Setting aside the hipster doofus, check out those photos on Starcasm of Whitney from Jimy 2015 and September 2015.  Unless there's some wonky camera angle, and I don't think there is, it looks like she noticeably gained weight in just those 2 months.

Which is odd, what with all the under-the-covers dancing she would have us believe she was doing after starting to date Lenny.

[I thought I'd leave you all with that brain-bleach moment for the weekend.  Happy 4th!

• Love 4

I finally got a chance to sit down and watch this show in it entirety, although I have been reading your comments all week--these comments are more amusing than the show!

4 hours ago, PityFree said:

If Lenny isn't an actor playing the role of Whitney's BF (and that's a big if), then he is just like a guy I used to know. He was a really passive guy and girls would just decide that he was going to be their BF he would go along with it. He never opened a car door for them or said ILY first or had any chemistry with the girls who claimed him. They would tell him to take them out on dates and when he was supposed to buy presents for them (complete with what to buy). Now, unlike Lenny, the guy I knew was handsome and had a job so there was a reason girls wanted to date him. I can totally see Whitney deciding that Lenny was her BF and Lenny just going along with it because he wasn't doing anything else at the time.

Yes!  I have known guys like this and I can't stand them.  I couldn't be with someone with absolutely no passion.  But I agree, it's either that he is one of these guys, a paid actor, or just not that into Twit.  All those pictures of them together online could just be part of the job. 

A couple other random thoughts:

-I am actually really liking this season because while a lot of the subject matter here is staged, a lot of the outcomes are real.  Her life is not fabulous and this season she is starting to admit it.   Last season I almost stopped watching.   It was however pissing me off when she said how she could "do anything" because she did that little 2.3 bike mile ride, then I laughed when she said she would never do it again - true.

-If I were Buddy's girlfriend and we were starting to get serious, I would not let him live in that house with her.  What women lets another woman call her man "boo bear"?  That just bothers me on so many levels. 

-I've been married for almost 20 years and I guarantee my husband doesn't know what my favorite pizza toppings are.  Food just isn't that important in our lives.

-Wow, lots of hate out there for the "tuna casserole"! LOL  I will admit that I ate that a lot as a kid growing up, except we didn't put cheese in it (so it was tuna, mayo, and pasta, don't knock it until you try it!).  My mom would often make it for us for lunch or when the babysitter was coming as she and my father would never eat it (I wonder why? LOL) It's not something I would normally like, you know, hot mayo isn't really in and of itself appetizing, but for whatever reason, I love it (with extra salt, of course). I tried to make it for my kids a couple of times and they really won't eat it.  Anyone here watch any of the hoarder shows?  There was an episode where the girl made her obese/severely diabetic mother a dinner of pasta and Miracle Whip from her hoarded kitchen fighting off bugs (where they had to eat in the car because there was nowhere to sit down), now that was gross!!!

-She is really threatened by Katie, isn't she?

Right now I'm watching a re-run of the show Extreme Weight loss from my DVR (Jaquelyn McCoy) and this girl has PCOS, is 355 pounds, and still managed to lose the weight, hmmmm...

• Love 3
On 6/30/2016 at 8:27 AM, RealityCowgirl said:

Married 32 years, doubtful either of us could name each other's "favorite" food. The thought that Lenny's fumbling of such "critical" answers to that one and the pizza topping round might call their entire relationship into question was pretty laughable.

Priorities. 

Though, yeah, after only 2.5 episodes, I'm in Camp "He's a Paid Plot Point."

I agree. My dh & I have been married 25 yrs and if I had to name his favorite food. I would name 3 because I don't really know which one of the 3 he likes best. What the eff difference does it make if your partner knows what your favorite food is ?

• Love 3
On 6/30/2016 at 0:46 PM, Nowhere said:

I really don't want to offend anybody here so please please don't take it wrong, but since Lennie and Whitney like to bring it up, I genuinely want to know if it's even possible to have sex with someone that big. I would think that she'd have to be pretty limber for him to be able to get past the cushion, if you will. 

I used to work with someone who was close to 400 pounds and she has 5 children last I checked. LOL. People figure it out. Some positions might be more uncomfortable than others, but it's not impossible.

I wish we knew more about Lennie. I don't care if he doesn't know what Whitney likes on her pizza, but I just want to know what he sees in her. That's not a dig, btw. Does he like her sense of humor? Her love of dance? Like what attracts him? Does he see a future with Whitney? He just kind of sits in the background of most scenes and I can't read him.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, stillhere1900 said:

I completely don't understand his beard.

Now I love a beard. Whisker Wars was my shit! But groom that damn thing.  Comb it, trim it, brush it, condition it, something ! He has no mouth. It's just dry straw all over his face with idiot unfocused eyes staring out.

Edited by Brooklynista
I do my best proofreading after I hit enter
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Now I love a beard. Whisker Wars was my shit! But groom that damn thing.  Comb it, trim it, brush it, condition it, something ! He has no mouth. It's just dry straw all over his face with idiot unfocused eyes staring put.

I bet Whitney would just love love love this beard on Lennie.

pasta-beard-of-the-year.jpg

• Love 6

This ten mile bike ride seems to be yet another example of Whitney thinking she's smaller and in better shape than she wants to admit.  For most people, it might be the spark to admit it's time to make small changes.  Not Whit.

I guess her rather inappropriate sex talk during inappropriate times is designed to announce that she's having sex. 

Lennie is one of those moldable guys that almost never has an opinion and will rarely contradicts his "girlfriend".  He wasn't about to help her get into that truck so we got a nice view of her bald spot at the crown of her head.

• Love 4

Wait, she was interviewing for a job on a morning show and spent zero amount of time preparing for the interview?. How did she not know to bone up on pop culture for Morning Zoo type of show?

I don't think she wanted that "job" to begin with.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ThinkerBell said:

IMG_20160701_101436.jpg

Great, they each teach classes that probably add up to just a few hours a week. 

20 minutes ago, Noirprncess said:

Wait, she was interviewing for a job on a morning show and spent zero amount of time preparing for the interview?. How did she not know to bone up on pop culture for Morning Zoo type of show?

I watched the Bonus scene episode of last weeks episode & think the Bonus scene was Twit going over pop culture stuff with Todd before interview.  I was multitasking at time & could be wrong. IIRC, she didn't do well with Todd.  We know job is fake.  Since they said they had many others apply for job during her interview, why did they choose her at her age, missing all the answers on the Pop culture questions?

• Love 3

As someone who has struggled with weight forever, I have such mixed emotions about this episode. Three years ago, after reaching a high of 216 lbs. (I'm 5'4"), I woke up one morning and said, "Enough." I hit my first Weight Watchers meeting that night and lost 70 lbs. in seven months. Was it easy? F---, no. I had to take responsibility for doing things like consistently eating three giant plates of pasta in one sitting. And I'm struggling like hell to keep it off, but I'm doing it. Why? Becauseit I like being active and I like being healthy.

So, my conflict: I was really tired, when I was fat, of being judged as "less than," so I've cheered Whitney's attitude. But she is absolutely morbidly obese, and like the preceding episode, this one horrified me because she is STILL making excuses. "I need to lose weight OR focus on a healthy lifestyle." WTF? If your lifestyle is healthy, you're going to drop some weight.

I'm quite familiar with denial because I was in it for about 20 years, and that's probably why it makes me so angry to watch it. 

A couple other things: Lennie (Nathan?) is an actor. I suppose there's a slight chance he's a chubby chaser, but IMHO, there's no way he's f---ing her. 

Also, it's not my intent to be cruel. But I remember how out-of-control my eating was when I was heavy, and I remember the calories I put away when I weighed 216 pounds. I also remember my behaviors. I ate in secret. Ate in my car. Felt angry and ashamed.

IMHO, Whitney can't be emotionally healthy while doing the kind of eating she has to be doing to weigh 400 pounds. She just can't.

• Love 15

It really concerned me the way she zoned out when eating the pasta. They've shown her eating in a restauranf before and eating pizza with others and she seemed present and engaged. But that was frightening watching her eat the pasta that way. I notice that she almost always drives (except for Lennie's truck) and I think she is maybe subconsciously holding very tightly on to that. Usually when obese people have to give up driving it represents a giant step toward being house bound.

• Love 4

Eating represents different things to different people. For me, it's an addiction, and I have no choice but to be mindful every meal, every snack, every moment, really. I daresay Whitney's addicted as well, and she has to decide she's willing to try to get control over food if she doesn't want to die.

Giving up and saying she likes being fat is shorthand for "I don't want to do the work."

• Love 14
(edited)
3 hours ago, Noirprncess said:

According to a Facebook post by the radio station, her internship ended in May. I wonder when that "interview" took place? Could it have been just a three month internship?

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 2

At one point, Weight Watchers had an option called "Simply Filling" which was supposed to be based on intuitive eating. I think they got rid of it because it failed for most people, in that most overweight people (myself included) aren't always aware of being able to eat  just to the point of satisfaction. Weight Watchers succeeds for many people because it involves some type of restriction, in counting points, or otherwise weighing and measuring portions. It would probably not work for Whitney because she would have to be really disciplined to follow a program like that, and it's been shown she really doesn't want to.

I lost about 84 lbs on Weight Watchers over a 2 year period starting in 2009, stayed at goal for awhile, then slowly gained back about 50 the next 5 years. It only works if you follow it 100% of the time and I admit I got tired of constantly weighing myself and measuring my food, and seeing the scale creep up. I really think the only solution for Whitney is going to be weight loss surgery and therapy and it still might not help unless she wants to change. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Since they said they had many others apply for job during her interview, why did they choose her at her age, missing all the answers on the Pop culture questions?

I'm thinking the internship was created specifically for her, and there were no other candidates.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, CarolMK said:

At one point, Weight Watchers had an option called "Simply Filling" which was supposed to be based on intuitive eating. I think they got rid of it because it failed for most people, in that most overweight people (myself included) aren't always aware of being able to eat  just to the point of satisfaction. Weight Watchers succeeds for many people because it involves some type of restriction, in counting points, or otherwise weighing and measuring portions. It would probably not work for Whitney because she would have to be really disciplined to follow a program like that, and it's been shown she really doesn't want to.

I lost about 84 lbs on Weight Watchers over a 2 year period starting in 2009, stayed at goal for awhile, then slowly gained back about 50 the next 5 years. It only works if you follow it 100% of the time and I admit I got tired of constantly weighing myself and measuring my food, and seeing the scale creep up. I really think the only solution for Whitney is going to be weight loss surgery and therapy and it still might not help unless she wants to change. 

I'm back on weight watchers now, and I really like it, because yes you CAN have the muffin, but you learn really quickly the muffin isn't as valuable as oatmeal, berries, almonds and egg whites for the same number of points. The "simply filling" technique I think would only work for people who 1. Were junk food addicts and need to be forced to eat real food or 2. Gained weight due to a specific reason (pregnancy or an injury that left them immobile). 

Whitney needs serious help to get her portions under control (that's a big thing), to be as big as she is she's eating a LOT of food. I've never been claimed to be one of those fat people that just don't eat, I eat plenty, BUT to lose weight I've noticed I have to eat a lot less than my thinner counter parts due to even maintain. I understand she doesn't want to be miserable, it becomes psychologically draining to focus on food all the time, and how you're "defective", but it's not easier being 378lbs!

• Love 8