Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E01: Season Premiere (1): Move-in

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Chrissytd said:

Meh on the vets. If TPTB used BB14 as the starting, I guess that's the best that they could come up with. Da'vonne should've stuck with Paulie.

There's a lot of competitions. Luckily no one is going to get Jodi'd. Stupid team names.

Sans Paul, I don't really like or dislike anyone yet. Paul is going to be insufferable. Bronte's voice is interesting.

Yeah Paul is way too annoying.  He reminds me a little of Fairplay from Survivor in that it seems he is trying to play the villain and he is just coming across as lame.  I hope him and the make-up artist dude go out sooner rather than later.  I do not really lump Zakiah in with them because she seems to be savvy and just go along with them and has not been annoying about it yet.

In regards to Bronte's voice, I really don't find it all that annoying.  I have heard much worse voices in the past.

2 hours ago, Stinger97 said:

Da'vonne was teary-eyed throughout her DRs, which led me to believe that her team was going to lose the final competition. I remember kind of enjoying her during her season, but she's already coming off as a poor sport and it's only the first episode. I wouldn't be surprised to see her going home sooner rather than later, especially with her own teammates gunning for her. 

I found myself really liking Bridgette. She's cute but not saccharine, and she looks a little like Dora the Explorer. Not typically what I look for when rooting for a HG, but here we are. 

Bronte looks a little like Tori Spelling which makes me feel... uneasy. She annoyed me tonight, but I could see myself pulling for her if she ends up becoming an underdog. 

I agree with you about Bridgette.  Right now if I had to pick a new player to support I would be team Bridgette all of the way.  Though Tiffany seems cool as well.

After despising son of Sid (Frank) the first time he played the game, I have to admit I did not have any feelings of rage towards him this time around.  Maybe it was guilt by association because he worked with Boggie.

• Love 6

I almost forgot who Frank was. He looked a lot older (maybe, because he didn't have tan) and, no curly hair. I think Frank & Paulie could go far. Maybe, pull in Nicole. Too early in the game but they've playing for a week & are already making their next moves. I'm curious to see if Frank plays down his challenge ability to lay low. Yup! Frank & Paulie are the only two guys I'm into....so far. I like Nicole but that voice is still a deal breaker.

• Love 1
(edited)

The voices...the HORRID female voices.  What are the criteria for choosing these people?    Mama Day (guffaw) was dislikeable the first time.  WHY am I being punished again?

Edited by Former Nun
Called Mama a Lady
  • Love 13

Seriously, if this show did not have live feeds, I'd be gone so quick. Everything's so terrible, I don't understand why the producers script these people into the most obnoxious versions of themselves possible. Once the feeds starts, everybody gets a little more human and tolerable. 

• Love 4
(edited)

OMG, how stupid of Day.  She had the first pick of all the guys for her team.  Instead of choosing one of the athletes, she picks the littlest guy in the house.  She was too dumb to see a missed opportunity when she mistakenly said Paulie instead of Paul.  Now, she is stuck with someone whom she can't stand - and vice versa.

Edited by escape
  • Love 13

I have watched every season of BB and I have absolutely no memory of Frank.  

You don't remember Dan's Funeral from Season 14? Frank was the guy who really wanted to get rid of Dan but then Dan convinced him to team up with him instead.

• Love 1

First show of the season and I already hate, and I mean H-A-T-E one of the houseguests. You annoying hipster douche with the bad haircut and the neckbeard, I'm looking at you--Paul. Not only is he funny-looking when he's dressed, he's got the worst body art I've seen in quite a long time. And the makeup artist, Jozea or whatever. Take a seat. Take several. His attitude about older people (anyone 25+) has got to go. One day (all too soon) he, too, will be older and then what?

Arrgghh!

• Love 22
4 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Michelle, the food police.

Yeah, I love having lunch with people who monitor the mayo I put on my sandwich.  Dafuq.

I spend every second of Nicole's time onscreen thinking this, and now I'm going to say it:  Sweetheart, it wouldn't take more than three sessions with a voice coach to change your whole world.

Too bad Tiffany's doomed by her Vanessa connection; I really like her and Dora Explorer, RN.

Well, at least they mixed up the contestant pool with some people who were a little older, some non-hardbodies, some people a little bit less slick . . . oh, wait, they're all Glenn.  Hey, show, that was just mean.

• Love 9

Tiffany made her bed.  She not gonna be sleepin' in it too long.  Great, great, move by Paulie to reveal his siblinghood.

Miss Mayo can go.  She can go work for the real Big Brother - the government.  She's great at telling me how to live.  She's already taxed all my nerves.

Sad if Nicole is actually single.  Last I checked a couple of months ago, she was still with whatshisname, the goofball.  I'd like her a lot more if she stopped playing the sweet, girl next door.  One can see the gears in her mind constantly leveraging situations.  Yet, she never owns her guile.  I love that her overall "nice girl" strategy is of no use now.  She is public enemy #1A in the house right now.  She also had plenty of opportunity to get her team a win in the pyramid game.  

So far, I am liking Victor the best.  

I love that BB is giving the "punishment" of first HoH to one of the remaining three loser team members.  It really is a curse to be first.      

• Love 1
(edited)

What I hated most about this episode were the scripted diary room sessions. I never recall, in really old past seasons, the Diary Room being so obviously fake. And the HGs are such terrible actors it all comes across as excruciating to watch: a real insult to viewers' intelligence. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 12

This is the second straight season that the season's biggest asshole was somewhat surprising. Not that I think that Paul was going to be a cool guy or anything like that, but I certainly didn't expect him to be THIS much of an asshole. Same with the surfer guy last year. Very surprising to see them be SUCH assholes. 

It's too bad that Jozea was ruined along with him. They are an odious pair. 

• Love 10
(edited)

1. Another year with everyone vowing to use their super secret weapon -- their sexuality.....because that has never been used before in the BB house

2. Word up to whoever said its the exact same stereotypes every year.  The "old guy" got younger this year though.  How funny that they now have two Nicole types in the same season.  I guess maybe three if you count Bronte (I don't, but I guess mildly pretty girl with glasses who is smart but a little dorky would be where she fits too)

3.  LOL @ Vanessa's sister with a 145 IQ....that she tested herself.  According to those tests online I'm a genius too, but my IQ is like 190.

4. Bronte is an SAT tutor...I don't see why that needs to be a giant super secret, but whatever.  And by the way, how is it not Bronte....like the author of Wuthering Heights?  

5. I'm happy to see Da'vonne, I've always liked her.  I wish she would stop crying though.  She is so perceptive, she called out Vanessa's sister as soon as she saw her.  She does show her annoyance too quick, and she really has to work on it for this game.

6. Having said that, picking Paul as a teammate was a huge mistake.  He may have been pivotal in the sandcastle thing, but he certainly didn't look as physically strong as Paulie.  And he seems like a giant douchebag.

7.  Zakaryah -- yeah...no thanks.  She is really pretty, but she seems like a princess personality.  BTW, it doesn't look like she hit any of those clay targets....so she may not be the badass she thinks she is

8.  So, as I understand it there will be a third competition tomorrow with the losing team.  The winner of that competition wins HOH.  The person who comes in last is immediately evicted.  But then Julie said something about two people being put up for eviction.  Does that mean that HOH gets to choose from everyone except Team Unicorn?  Or does it mean that the two houseguests that didn't win HOH from the losing team, but weren't last are put up for eviction?

9.  Having said that...if I were a veteran, I would put the focus on getting out strong players.  You think the veterans have an advantage?  Not really.  Da'vonne went home the second week, James went a little further, and Nicole made it to jury and then came back and left almost immediately.  But Paulie's brother got to final 2, as did Tiffany's sister.  I would focus on how Vanessa and Derrick.....two very strategic players have probably been mentoring Paulie and Tiffany.  Which makes the two of them a far bigger threat than James, Da'vonne or Nicole (I don't really remember Frank).  Additionally, you have Corey(?) who almost won the first competition for his team.  That makes him a physical threat.  Do you really want to keep someone around that is going to dominate physical competitions?

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Wow, I made it all of about 40 minutes before my snark-a-rage-a-holic comes out!

Cheerleader girl: Who knew Danica McKellar got bolt-on titties and joined the BB cast?

They are just so obvious.  I guess that was the look she was going for, but dang.....she could have maybe gotten them a size or two smaller to match her tiny frame.

• Love 2

I just want to get past the first vote. Then we can see where the battle lines are drawn. Especially, the team who have safety for 2 votes. That's huge and I'm sure some other group will try to hook up with them to survive. It should be interesting to see. Also, anyone over 35 shouldn't apply for BB. Your life is not long for this game. LOL!!!

• Love 2

A shared enemy is the strongest bond people can have.  The vets days are numbered as they are easy votes for the majority without them having to draw lines in the sand right off the bat.  So we have two alliances.  Vets (4) vs Newbies (12). Why do they do this?  I suppose another twist is afoot to help prevent this.  

I am surprised no one other than Viktor got it that you had to sit up and keep your body plumb to ride the rocket. Simple mechanics, no math involved.  

• Love 3

Clearly they've run dry in the casting pools. FOUR returning players, plus two siblings of former players. Gah. I knew immediately that Tiffany was Vanessa's sister. Other than the brown hair (which gives her a bit of a Jwoww vibe) she looks and talks exactly like Vanessa. Are they twins??? I mean, it's SO obvious. If she thinks no one notices, she's insane. 

Anyhow, here they go with the twists again. I don't like the splitting up of the house into 4 teams. Of course they want to separate the former players, to help ensure they don't all get picked off one by one. I don't know, I don't relish seeing gang-ups, but I prefer when the game is more organic. Let people form their own alliances. This crap is annoying. 

Also, the first person going home is not nominated at all? And the first HOH is the best of the losers? Am I getting this right? Is this even Big Brother???

Most of the team names are pretty stupid, but I kind of like "The Freakazoids". Not a very strong team, though. Was James's team actually saying "Cavalry", because it sounded to me like a few of them were saying, "Calgary". 

As for who I like and don't like so far. I like most of the returnees. I especially liked Nicole and James. I don't remember Frank that well (watched that season, sucky memory), but I THINK I liked him? Da is okay as a person, but way too emotional and reactive. She won't play well this time either. 

I don't know, nor care, if Tiffany is likeable or will be a good player. I just can't stomach another summer of Vanessa. She seems a bit less hyper, but that voice. That face. No. 

I think I kind of like Michelle. She DOES look a lot like Nicole. I thought that immediately, before we even saw that Nicole was back or anyone else said anything. But I think she's quirky and could be some good comic relief this summer. We could easily play a drinking game with her myriad of phobias. 

Bronte is smart and could be an interesting player, but I can't handle that voice. 

Paul seems very aggressive and controlling. I could not stand how he kept telling people, during the challenges, to NEVER do something again. Yikes. 

Haven't got a good read on anyone else yet, but I'm here for the duration!

• Love 3

So when Bronte introduces herself and uses brontosaurus as the example, I thought was weird.  Is Charlotte Bronte too archaic a reference these days?  My 23 year old loves her books, so I thought it was still relevant.

Then again, we had Paul swearing there was 17 places on memory wall.  smh

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Stinger97 said:

Bronte looks a little like Tori Spelling which makes me feel... uneasy.

Yes! I forgot to mention that in my post, but I distinctly remember saying to myself that she was like a brunette Tori. SO many look-alikes this season. 

10 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Bronte seems like she'll be fun to watch, I laugh every time we get a close up of her Anne Hathaway gone wild face.  I also laughed when she said her name was Bronte like in the dinosaur not like in Charlotte or Emily or Anne.

Haha, because I'm sure she knew the typical pack of idiots on this show would be able to remember a now re-named dinosaur over writers of classical literature. 

10 hours ago, njbarmaid said:

Tiffany is screwed since Paulie already outed himself and she didn't, she could have played it off so great by asking anyone else if they are sibling (not just Michelle).  

You're probably right, but this is always such a tricky situation. Tell too early, it might put a target on your back right out of the gate. But if you don't tell and it later comes out, people gonna be pissed. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RCharter said:

4. Bronte is an SAT tutor...I don't see why that needs to be a giant super secret, but whatever.

Every year more and more people feel the need to hide their real job, and I just don't get it. A cop, okay, I can see that. But it's getting to the point where people are like, "I don't want anyone to know that I work in a nursery, because I'm really good at growing things and they might think I will grow the best alliance". Dafuq???

• Love 19

I am so excited for this new season! Definitely what I needed for this hot summer. It's the first time my favorites are two girls, Michelle and Bridget! Go girls! I also had hopes for Tiffany but I don't see anything extraordinary about her till now. I think her being Vanessa's sister will hurt her a lot and early on. I was excited to see Nicole and Frank (I was totally spoiler-free) and I am obviously rooting for category 4 team. I dislike Paul and Da'vonne (I actually thougbt thatI'd like Paul but he is too loud and obnoxious). I also like Bronte tbh. It' rare for me to like more females than males in a show so there you go! I hope we have a great season!

• Love 1

Did Nicole get a nose job or something - it looked like putty and fake, especially when she wore her glasses.  She seemed whinier than usual.

Grown women that use baby voices---GAH!!!  Makes me all punchy!!

They didn't show it but I wonder if James realized Tiffany is Vanessa's sister? And how could he not?!?!

James picked Natalie because she looks "athletic" bwahahahahahaha

Putting them in teams forcing them to work with a vet makes the vet a little less enemy-ish, and positive bond over victories.  

Really like last nights comps

I have to miss tonight's episode to go to a stupid Jimmy Buffett concert....so grrrrrr

• Love 2

I do not like the team aspect either. Hoping that is just for the first show or two. Here's my "takes" on the HGs:

Tiffany - Seems like a much calmer version of Vanessa. I don't strongly dislike her as I did Vanessa.

Bronte - Someone else compared her to Tori Spelling. Yup. I agree. The voice sounds like Bernadette on Big Bang Theory. But the actress who plays her fakes that voice. Fran Drescher faked her voice too. I have a feeling Bronte's voice isn't quite as "Bernadette-like" in real life. At one point, I even thought I heard her in one of the group shots sounding ALMOST normal.

Paulie - He is okay. I agree with someone who commented above thread that they couldn't believe Michelle knew Tiffany was Vanessa's sister but didn't know Paulie was Whats-His-Name's brother. Their faces are so similar - but Paulie's hair is lighter. (And they both look exactly like their dad.)

Paul - A little annoying. As one of the girls said "Beards - at least like that one - kind of ick me out" (Sorry no offense if you have a beard like that but you're not on national tv for people to judge and ridcule you : )

Glenn - I like him. What I don't get is why they put ONE person over 30 in this group. Wouldn't it have been better to put at least one other person in his general age range to make it more interesting? We all know he is going to be one of the first, if not the first, to go - for no other reason than his age.

Michelle - She's okay. A little bit too much "food-police" for me. I work with dietitians and they are not that judgemental. I don't hate her though.

Bridgettte - Annoying. Very annoying. Acts like a little girl - always squealing and jumping up and down. 

Victor - thought I was going to like him. He reminds me of the actor in the movie with Diane Lane and Richard Gere where she cheats on him. Unfaithful. Yeah - that's it. Nice looking guy. Doesn't seem TOO obnoxious.

Corey - He looks kind of familiar to me too but can't place how/why/who. He is just kind of wishy-washy.

Girl who's name begins with N - pretty black girl - kind of quiet - again - wishy washy, but I don't dislike her either.

Dark haired girl who was the event planner/dancer - Reminds me of Danica Patrick or the girl who played on The Wonder Years. I think she is a little more full of herself than she needs to be, but don't hate her yet.

Frank - I groaned when it was him popping out of the trunk. Then I saw he seems to have grown up. And like someone upthread mentioned - there is no party-boy Mike Boogie to egg Frank on. He might be okay this time around.

Nicole - I like her okay but she whines. And it gets on my nerves.

James - I like James. That is all.

Day'Vonne - I remember liking her at the very beginning of her original season but she wore on my nerves pretty bad, pretty quickly. And this time around - she started out on my last nerve. Hope she goes fast.

Okay, I think I actually remembered everyone from last night. If I didn't, they didn't make much of an impression on me.

• Love 7

Glenn did not speak up loud enough when he saw the base of the puzzle was wrong.  They would have won.  He does not appear to be someone who fears speaking up.  Odd.  

• Love 3

Jon Snow: My mom is gonna cry hard when this pretty boy has to leave. And how the fuck did not one of that brain trust not know the difference between Calvary and cavalry?

That confused me - I was wondering why does anyone want to name their team after the place where Jesus was crucified? Then he started talking about horses!!

I like Nicole so I'm glad she's back. Her season was the first one I watched, and the first episode I watched was the one where she was wearing the Germitard. I was wondering why in the world was she wearing that outfit? I liked James, too, so I'm glad to see him again. Although I am over 50, I am hoping Glenn gets evicted over Nicole. (I think the other two are safe.)

Bronte reminds me of a contestant on Cutthroat Kitchen - I don't remember the name but can picture her, while Paul reminds me of the judge on Face Off, but a younger and less pleasant version. He's kind of a discount Austin, too. Tiffany is kind of cool, she seems calmer than Vanessa. Baseball guy is cute but he may be a lunkhead, he kind of has a vacant look in his eyes when he talks. Paulie looks a lot like Cody! I thought Cody had come back at first.

That rocket challenge was kind of like a Survivor endurance challenge.

• Love 2

I know that there really haven't been THAT many returnees in Big Brother history, so the sample size is small, but yeah, I don't think I can ever recall disliking a houseguest and when they returned they had actually grown up and became a seemingly decent guy like Frank has. I can almost see what AG sees in him now.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

Paul - A little annoying. As one of the girls said "Beards - at least like that one - kind of ick me out" (Sorry no offense if you have a beard like that but you're not on national tv for people to judge and ridcule you : )

I'm a beard lover; Paul's beard, to me, is the LEAST offensive thing about him. At least it's well maintained, unlike the out of control mess a certain guy had last year. But I loved that Michelle said she was afraid of beards. She's also afraid of North Korea. I can't help it, I adore her already. 

19 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

Glenn - I like him. What I don't get is why they put ONE person over 30 in this group. Wouldn't it have been better to put at least one other person in his general age range to make it more interesting? We all know he is going to be one of the first, if not the first, to go - for no other reason than his age.

Couldn't agree more. I really wish we had more of a spectrum, instead of what seems like casting set up shop at every college within reach of an ocean. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, candall said:

Well, at least they mixed up the contestant pool with some people who were a little older, some non-hardbodies, some people a little bit less slick . . . oh, wait, they're all Glenn.  Hey, show, that was just mean.

Let's be fair, they also had a gay, an hispanic and a black... oh wait, they're all Jozea.

• Love 13

Isn't Victor hispanic too? And Natalie said "back home in Venezuela."

I don't mind someone going home right away, though I'll be sad when it's Glenn. 50 year olds represent! I think what will happen tonight is that we'll get the next comp, one person goes and one is HOH, and we'll get noms. The options will be limited with 4 people being safe right off the bat. Did Julie say that two people would be "up for elimination" or would be "eliminated?" I was approaching episode burnout by the end.

• Love 2

Pretty sure it'll just be nominations. I am rooting for Nicole to stay and win HOH, because the whole "get the veterans out" plan will be forgotten in a second. Not that I even want the veterans to do well, but I just haate big groups. 

• Love 2

I'm kind of surprised Tiffany has been so bad at these comps so far. For all her similarities with Vanessa, I guess dominating comps isn't one of them. 

8 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

You don't remember Dan's Funeral from Season 14? Frank was the guy who really wanted to get rid of Dan but then Dan convinced him to team up with him instead.

I do remember Dan's Funeral - I just don't recall Frank at all.  I must have some sort of blockage, lol.

• Love 1

I thought about not watching this show this year, after my disappointment last year thanks to reading about the live feeds, before I realized: the road to disappointment is information. For me, the key to enjoying this show is to know as little as possible -- simply ingesting what the producers give me, with no extra insight into the process.

So this year, I will see and judge these contestants based only on the prefab packages designed for them by producers! I will enjoy their funny -- and not scripted at all --DR segments! I will embrace all the casual sexism as the good-natured hilarity that it totally is! I do not want to know if someone is smarter than they're edited, or that they routinely make rape jokes or have child porn on their home computers. NOPE NOPE NOPE. The key to this show, for me, is a sanitized viewing experience.

Editing is Peace. Knowledge is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

I'd also like to congratulate the white dude who's going to win this year. Great job, buddy! I'm sure nobody thought you could do it, but you pulled it off, and gosh, you were just so likable onscreen!

• Love 22

I didn't recognize Frank at first - in the flashback footage, he looked like a Howdy Doody impersonator, and it all came flooding back. I may end up liking him - it depends on how much he's grown up since then.

(edited)

So... How is the HOH determined? Or is there going to be no HOH? I might've missed that part. 

Pretty underwhelming cast. Also, I think it's silly bringing back two players from *last season*. 

My worry is Paul and Bronte are going to be jammed down our throats because everyone else is so boring.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Cutty said:

So... How is the HOH determined? Or is there going to be no HOH? I might've missed that part. 

The losing team competes individually with the loser being evicted and they pick who is HoH from the 3 remaining.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

A shared enemy is the strongest bond people can have.  The vets days are numbered as they are easy votes for the majority without them having to draw lines in the sand right off the bat.  So we have two alliances.  Vets (4) vs Newbies (12). Why do they do this?  I suppose another twist is afoot to help prevent this.  

I am surprised no one other than Viktor got it that you had to sit up and keep your body plumb to ride the rocket. Simple mechanics, no math involved.  

I don't know. The last couple of times we have Vets vs Newbs, they ended up voting their own and some of the vets made it far. Look at Frank's season. None of them left first, and Dan Gheesling made it to second place. 

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Clearly they've run dry in the casting pools. FOUR returning players, plus two siblings of former players. Gah. I knew immediately that Tiffany was Vanessa's sister. Other than the brown hair (which gives her a bit of a Jwoww vibe) she looks and talks exactly like Vanessa. Are they twins??? I mean, it's SO obvious. If she thinks no one notices, she's insane. 

I think she's entirely aware that people might have noticed. Despite her second confessional telling the camera that she thinks nobody's noticed, she contradicts this in her first interview, when she says she's aware people might know and she's torn on whether to say anything. I think the DRs are fairly scripted anyway, so I'm inclined to believe her first statement over her obliviousness. 

I think Paulie had the right idea in coming out. I know Victor's DR had it seem like he was coming after Paulie because of it, but I do think he made a good move. Tiffany now is in a tight spot. Because her team lost, coming out with that information is very dangerous. Da'Vonne says she'll use it against Tiffany, but I'm hoping she's smart enough to know that she can use it to her advantage. Make an alliance with her instead of using it to get her out. If Nicole and Tiffany both survive, get them in an alliance with the vets. Get Michelle in it too, since she's aware of Tiffany's secret. Get those numbers, Da'Vonne. Not that I want Da'Vonne to necessarily stick around, because she's no team player and I feel like she'd hate any all girls alliance (I can't remember if she got involved in any possible all girls alliance last season, but my gut tells me no). 

So, basically next week's competition is going to be the first one out is eliminated, and the last one is HOH? So basically, we're losing our first houseguest at the top of the show? And then what will happen for the rest of it? I just assumed the person who wins HOH puts up two of the three team members and then they have the rest of the show figuring out who goes. Why did we need three hours for all of this? What is tonight's episode going to consist of? Lots of talking heads? Eviction, new HOH, and then two nominations by the end? 

Personally, I would have just had two rounds and had the losing team be the only eligibles to be put up on the block, and have Victor (who won the first competition) be HOH and have to choose who goes up. But I'll see how it works out. Maybe it makes more sense seeing it unfold.

5 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Pretty sure it'll just be nominations. I am rooting for Nicole to stay and win HOH, because the whole "get the veterans out" plan will be forgotten in a second. Not that I even want the veterans to do well, but I just haate big groups. 

I hope you are right but I see them being picked off, at least 3 of them.  I can see some women deciding to keep Frank.  

3 minutes ago, Chrissytd said:

The losing team competes individually with the loser being evicted and they pick who is HoH from the 3 remaining.

I missed this.  Good, Nichole has a shot at it.  Glenn, Cory (the pinhead haircut went out 2 years ago), Nichole and who is the 4th?  

(edited)
12 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

Eventually I might like a guy, but I always have to come out of the gate looking for a woman to root for.  I'm sexist that way!

+1! Also I, of course, agree with basically your entire post.

11 hours ago, Big Mother said:

I think Bronte has asperger's. Not that it matters, but it might make it difficult for her to fit in. This is more than Steve Moses social awkwardness. She is fixated on math and numbers and statistics. 

That's most likely just editing and Production forcing her to play up her shtick. As @Katesus7 said, it's not until the feeds start that we'll actually get a real feel for these people.

I was watching this with someone who's watching BB for the first time and I was having to explain a lot so I missed a lot of the details for this ep. Like what do the teams really entail? And I completely missed that a member of the losing team will end up as HOH. I'm so confused!

ETA: Oh also, Frank looks like he's aged about 20 years. Rough! Also I had forgotten about his blinking tick.

Edited by peachmangosteen
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't know. The last couple of times we have Vets vs Newbs, they ended up voting their own and some of the vets made it far. Look at Frank's season. None of them left first, and Dan Gheesling made it to second place. 

Thanks for the reminder.  

13 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, basically next week's competition is going to be the first one out is eliminated, and the last one is HOH? So basically, we're losing our first houseguest at the top of the show? And then what will happen for the rest of it?

The show is tonight and I am sure they have something planned.  Nominations, of course and POV comp maybe.  ???  Well a twist always looms heavily in the air.   Unfortunately the meat heads nixed food comps again this year so not that.  Hand me my rifle.  

Edited by wings707
(edited)
5 minutes ago, wings707 said:

The show is tonight and I am sure they have something planned.  Nominations, of course and POV comp probably. 

I missed a lot of the details, but I'm pretty sure someone will be eliminated at the beginning of tonight's episode then someone from the losing team will be HOH. And I believe Julie said we'll get noms tonight, too. Then Sunday will be the new comp so we'll be on the regular schedule by then: noms/new comp on Sundays, POV on Wednesday, and eviction/new HOH on Thursdays.

Edited by peachmangosteen
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I missed a lot of the details, but I'm pretty sure someone will be eliminated at the beginning of tonight's episode then someone from the losing team will be HOH. And I believe Julie said we'll get noms tonight, too. Then Sunday will be the new comp so we'll be on the regular schedule by then: noms/new comp on Sundays, POV on Wednesday, and eviction/new HOH on Thursdays.

Ok, this helps a lot, and makes a lot of sense. So that means hopefully Tiffany or Nicole win HOH. I'm kind of hoping for Nicole, just to keep the vets safe and maybe she'll keep her team safe too. And then I pray Paul and Jozea get put up.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Every year more and more people feel the need to hide their real job, and I just don't get it. A cop, okay, I can see that. But it's getting to the point where people are like, "I don't want anyone to know that I work in a nursery, because I'm really good at growing things and they might think I will grow the best alliance". Dafuq???

LMFAO.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if that came up.  At this point they shouldn't even have the initial meet and greet, because I would just assume everyone is lying about their occupation.

1 hour ago, Eolivet said:

I'd also like to congratulate the white dude who's going to win this year. Great job, buddy! I'm sure nobody thought you could do it, but you pulled it off, and gosh, you were just so likable onscreen!

He tried really hard and had a great social game.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Different format. The coaches couldn't be eliminated until well into the season and when they did become eligible, three of them were eliminated very quickly. Dan had to play his ass off not to get eliminated right away, as well. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

So what is going to take 2 hours tonight?  Boot and noms.  Not much.  Maybe we will see them in the house as we do on the live feeds.  It will fill time and encourage viewers to sign up. ???  

I am ready to roll at 10pm.  I just moved from EST to PST so for the first time in my life I can keep a reasonable sleep schedule!