Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Finale Special - Check Up With Dr. Drew, Part 1

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Darknight said:

Jenelle is probably jealous Jace can get meds and she can't. She's probably going to steal some from him. 

It sounds silly, but I could seriously see this being the case! When she screeched, "it's a controlled substance!" I thought her next comment was going to be something like, "I worry about Jace possibly getting addicted in the long run since I'm an addict myself and addictive personalities may run in families." But no...I was completely flabbergasted with the reason she did give. I mean...whose mind would go there? Envisioning problems a decade down the road about improper use? By friends? Since her first thought was about sharing the meds, I wonder if she was jealous. I mean, after we watched her travel all over the eastern seaboard in search of a doctor who would give her controlled substances, Jace obtaining those medications may really rub a sore spot. She may feel especially insulted that a first grader is allowed to have something she can't, since she is used to getting her way most of the time. 

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Barb has had many inappropriate conversations before but I don't remember this being one of them.  She demanded to know where Jenelle was and why wasn't anyone watching the kids.  The kids told her that Jenelle is always "sleeping" in  her room.  Her daughter's current boyfriend came out of the bedroom, quickly shut the door and told her that Jenelle didn't want to see her.  Still no explanation of why no one was watching the kids.  Would you leave at this point?  I wouldn't.   

I picture a man coming in concerned about the kids and Jenelle and I don't see the scene any differently.  And it's not trespassing because a guest in the house asks you to leave.  It's not David's house, he is not on the lease, he doesn't get to say who stays and leaves.  I would have gone one step further and asks them to do a well being check on Jenelle because I was concerned about her new boyfriend and his history of violence.

And her history of drug addiction. What if she had just overdosed? I wouldn't have left either.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, shelley1005 said:

Also, I got super annoyed at Dr. Drew basically frowning and judging Barb and Jenelle that they were going back to court about custody of Jace....because he wanted them to work it out themselves.  Really?  You want two people who scream at each other on the regular to figure out a really complicated situation surrounding a child???  You don't want the calm and unbiased minds of the courts to be the ones to say what is going to happen?  You hack.  I think for those who can do it without court...that is great, but this is not the situation with Jenelle and Barb.  

Drew is an idiot because they need to go to court and petition to vacate the guardianship, there is no way around not going to court.  Barb has been given permanent guardianship of Jace until he is 18 years old and only the court can change this.  It's also in Barb and Jaces best interest because the court is not going to just say OK!  They will appoint a GAL to interview everyone.  Jace will be appointed his own attorney to make sure his best interests are met.  Family services will probably be involved.  And only the court could mandate that Jenelle take parenting classes or be drug free or be in counseling in order to have Jace.  So Drew is a complete fucking moron for thinking they can do it on their own.

• Love 21
37 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

It sounds silly, but I could seriously see this being the case! When she screeched, "it's a controlled substance!" I thought her next comment was going to be something like, "I worry about Jace possibly getting addicted in the long run since I'm an addict myself and addictive personalities may run in families." But no...I was completely flabbergasted with the reason she did give. I mean...whose mind would go there? Envisioning problems a decade down the road about improper use? By friends? Since her first thought was about sharing the meds, I wonder if she was jealous. I mean, after we watched her travel all over the eastern seaboard in search of a doctor who would give her controlled substances, Jace obtaining those medications may really rub a sore spot. She may feel especially insulted that a first grader is allowed to have something she can't, since she is used to getting her way most of the time. 

Seriously. I also thought she was concerned about Jace being on drugs and, along with the concern a lot of parents have about the kids becoming dependent on medication, she was worried that it might lead to all-out addiction down the road. After all, she's an addict. But her concern is that when he's older, a teen or whatever, kids looking to score drugs might want to get in on his ADHD medication? Whose minds goes there?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

But that really wasn't fair to Barb.  If the original agreement was Janelle was going to drive Jace back to Barb, Barb was within her right to knock back a glass or three.  She wasn't going to be driving, she really didn't need to be worried about driving tipsy.  Janelle rewrote the rules and expected Barb to skip to her lou.  What if Barb had picked up an extra shift at Walmart or had taken a day trip?  Would Janelle have just left Jace at the rest stop?

Of course it is not but it was just offered up as perhaps another sign she drinks too much.

But even if I was annoyed and angry at someone playing this game with me, I'd personally just go get the kid, if I could, so he wasn't sitting waiting in a car for me to show up half way. Isn't that what David and Jenelle were doing - trying to force Barbara to come get him?  Of course me getting him would have them "win" but the truth is Jace is the one always losing and I'd try to mitigate that some. These people are so busy with games and power struggles, though, that they forget about the little boy who they're ostensibly about.

• Love 3

The show was on again just now, and Barbara said she and Jenelle hadn't seen each other for six months, at which point they went to dinner where Jenelle sent Barb home in an Uber because she was too drunk to drive. 

So...six months.  They taped that check-up show at the end of April.  How does that correspond with when they were taping the episodes?  

Even assuming six months back from the end of April, that has them not seeing each other since last October.  But Jenelle's plans for spring break were an item in the show, and they had that fight in person.

Can anybody figure this out, or is it just the rabbit hole of Teen Mom timing?

• Love 2

There's no way they really spent 6 months apart. Spring Break is Feb/March depending on your area. Maybe they were using teen-speak, that it was "like 6 months" which could really mean 2 months.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

The show was on again just now, and Barbara said she and Jenelle hadn't seen each other for six months, at which point they went to dinner where Jenelle sent Barb home in an Uber because she was too drunk to drive. 

So...six months.  They taped that check-up show at the end of April.  How does that correspond with when they were taping the episodes?  

Even assuming six months back from the end of April, that has them not seeing each other since last October.  But Jenelle's plans for spring break were an item in the show, and they had that fight in person.

Can anybody figure this out, or is it just the rabbit hole of Teen Mom timing?

Plus wasn't there drama around their Christmas plans? And I think they spent Christmas together.

I think they're both liars.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

Like when your mom tells you to hurry up, it's almost 8:00, when the clock says 6:45?

wait, does my mom have kids I don't know about?  because that is *exactly* what she did/does!!!!

• Love 6
(edited)

If I was Barb...I'd be concerned that she is locked herself in her room and refuses to come out...while her new boyfriend is being all aggressive about it.  That is a red flag that she's in the room using some kind of substance behavior.  If I was Barb though, I wouldn't have started yelling and screaming.  I would have said loud enough so Jenelle could hear me "If you aren't coming out so I can see you are okay, I am not leaving Jace here."  Waited a couple seconds.  "Come on Jace.  We have to go."  

Nothing would have gotten Jenelle out of that door like a bat out of hell then to think that Barb was gonna one up her in the Jace custody war.  

But there are a million reasons why I am not Barb and Barb is not me.  

Edited by shelley1005
  • Love 10
(edited)
20 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

This times ten. Aside from him having no real right to even call the cops on Barbara or demand for her to leave and I still stand by that, it was particularly jarring because he really had nothing to call the police on her about. She's yelling and making a scene and possibly upsetting the young children (75% of which aren't his but whatever)? Fair enough reason to want her to leave, but that's not exactly a complaint warranting police intervention. At best, that was an overreaction; at worst it was obnoxious and a disrespectful waste of the police's time. Don't call the police about stupidness. Especially when you have no right anyway.

And I say that if anything Barbara could have called the police about him, or at least that's what I would threatened if I were her, because of the reasons why I feel her refusal to leave was justifiable -- she doesn't know what's going on with Jenelle that she won't, or can't, come out of the room, won't answer her, David won't let her see her ...she knows how Jenelle's relationships are ... she knows that David specifically has his own history in this area... Complete nonsense to call the police about someone yelling in "your" house in front of your kids, but not at all nonsense to call the police about concerns of a possible domestic issue.

Amen. I am with all of you. Yelling is not a crime. It is dysfunctional to constantly be yelling in front of kids. It is harmful in the sense that kids should not be exposed to such dysfunction, but in this instance if anybody should have called the cops, Barb should have been the one. Kids are alone near the street, no adult supervision,  and the two adults are locked away in a room. As Dangerous Minds pointed out, Jenelle has a history of drug addiction. What if she had OD?  

Not to mention, Jenelle has been non-stop with her "illnesses" and claiming she feels like she is at death's door with no clue as to why. What is Barb supposed to think? Barb also knows Jenelle has been in DV situations before. What if Dave had hurt her?

Yelling is no crime, but calling the police for a welfare check and to find out why kids are not supervised are two legit reasons for calling the police.

Allow me to add, even though Dave is not on the lease, in many jurisdictions if one has established residence in someone's home, that is enough to consider them a resident, not a guest.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10
(edited)
4 hours ago, iheartla said:

There's no way they really spent 6 months apart. Spring Break is Feb/March depending on your area. Maybe they were using teen-speak, that it was "like 6 months" which could really mean 2 months.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcZNL7gUMAM_y4u.jpg:large

The reunion was filmed in april I think.  Her timing does not work.  Unless she means they haven't spent time together (like hanging out somewhere yelling, I mean eating somewhere.  Hang out as opposed to drop offs and pick ups. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 2

i can see Barb as an alcoholic, as the kid of one, and a former one myself.  

Barb should have put Jace in the car and drove away, period.  She needs to learn to stop engaging with Jenelle, but since Barb is fucked up in her own way, it's not like she exhudes healthy behaviors.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I'm sure the presence of MTV cameras made it more difficult for Barb to simply take Jace and drive away, even if she had been so inclined. They want the drama.

Ehhh....Jenelle is able to lock herself in her room, refuse to be seen and filmed even though the cameras are there, so Barb can turn around, put Jace back in the car just as easily even with the cameras there.  

Barb is pretty shitty when it comes to dealing with conflict.  As she said on the reunion...she yells and everyone knows she yells.  So, in her mind this makes it okay instead of meaning it is a problem.  It's a problem Barb.  You are teaching your grandchildren that yelling is how you communicate.  You are normalizing that level of dysfunction for them.  

• Love 1

I actually thought Leah's outfit was the least ugly of all of them (except for the 6" stripper heels she was wearing).  Janelle looked like she was wearing a polyester jumpsuit from the seventies.  Kail's face is morphing into the Joker's.  Chelsea's lips look like they were stung by a swarm of bees, and don't get me started on the purple hair and painted-on eyebrows.

Were those extensions that Janelle was wearing?  It seems like her hair suddenly grew 6".

• Love 5

Pardon me for my ignorance, but Barb said after 2 days of being on ADHD meds, Jace had completely changed.  Is that possible?  I'm on Zoloft for anxiety, and it takes about 2 weeks before you start to feel different.

I cracked up when Barb bragged, "Jace was Student of the DAY!" as if that was a big deal.  

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

Perhaps most days normally involve him being sent to the principal's office.

I found it very sad when Barbara mentioned that without the meds Jace wouldn't graduate the first grade.  I really feel bad for him and his situation.  I worry about his future.

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

Pardon me for my ignorance, but Barb said after 2 days of being on ADHD meds, Jace had completely changed.  Is that possible?  I'm on Zoloft for anxiety, and it takes about 2 weeks before you start to feel different.

I cracked up when Barb bragged, "Jace was Student of the DAY!" as if that was a big deal.  

eqawxf.jpg

• Love 4
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 9:56 AM, Brooklynista said:

But that really wasn't fair to Barb.  If the original agreement was Janelle was going to drive Jace back to Barb, Barb was within her right to knock back a glass or three.  She wasn't going to be driving, she really didn't need to be worried about driving tipsy.  Janelle rewrote the rules and expected Barb to skip to her lou.  What if Barb had picked up an extra shift at Walmart or had taken a day trip?  Would Janelle have just left Jace at the rest stop?

Look, I've got ZERO issue with knocking a few back or smoking a joint after the kids go to bed, but I'd definitely have an issue with ol Barb knee deep in a bottle of Merlot when Jace comes come from Jenelle's, ESPECIALLY given that she already knows stuff is messed up there.  I'm sure the last thing Jace wants is to come home to drunk grandma. 

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 10:01 AM, Lemons said:

Barb has had many inappropriate conversations before but I don't remember this being one of them.  She demanded to know where Jenelle was and why wasn't anyone watching the kids.  The kids told her that Jenelle is always "sleeping" in  her room.  Her daughter's current boyfriend came out of the bedroom, quickly shut the door and told her that Jenelle didn't want to see her.  Still no explanation of why no one was watching the kids.  Would you leave at this point?  I wouldn't.   

I picture a man coming in concerned about the kids and Jenelle and I don't see the scene any differently.  And it's not trespassing because a guest in the house asks you to leave.  It's not David's house, he is not on the lease, he doesn't get to say who stays and leaves.  I would have gone one step further and asks them to do a well being check on Jenelle because I was concerned about her new boyfriend and his history of violence.

That's not entirely true.  If he's been staying there long enough to be receiving mail at that address and has a key, he's got every right to call the police on a trespasser.  You don't have to be on a lease to claim tenancy in a home (squatters rights, anyone?)  Not to mention the fact that he said he texted Jenelle that he was going to do it and she gave him permission.  So he's acting as her agent at that point.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 2
On 6/15/2016 at 0:32 PM, brandyelf said:

In Barb's place, I would never have left Jace there under those circumstances.

I thought she was picking him up at the time? When she showed up, Jace and Marisa were playing outside. So I thought she was there to get Jace and bring him home? Did she not leave with both him and Gabriel?

39 minutes ago, lidarose9 said:

And another thing: Pinsky had nothing to say when Nathan mentioned self harm. Wouldn't any decent doctor pick up on that? I sometimes think Drew is afraid of Jenelle.

I think he's afraid of all of them and/or MTV. Kail has stormed off the stage before. I think Jenelle has as well. Other than Farrah, it looks like these girls totally call the shots. I think his job is solely to make it LOOK like they're clearing up some issues, but he's been instructed to tread very lightly and not piss any of their main drama-bringers off. That's why he can chastise Chelsea all he wants; she's "boring" and the producers probably wouldn't be too flummoxed if she left. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

One of my children began taking a similar medication for ADD as a youngster. I saw immediate change on the third day. Jace was likely more subdued and able to focus a lot better in the class which can make a difference for the teacher and of course, for Jace. It also likely helped him sleep better at night which can make a difference for him when he is at school. 

Jenelle mentioned her worry of Jace becoming addicted to the meds. There are several different meds for ADD and ADHD. One of my first questions to my child's doctor was if there was a chance my child would become addicted to the meds. The doctor stated no. He went on to explain in detail about these new meds for treating ADD which are not like the old meds that used to be prescribed.

Jenelle does not know all of this because she cannot bother to ask these questions of her mother. Instead, she acts like the concerned mother on camera worrying about her son and the potential for addiction. 

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

And another thing: Pinsky had nothing to say when Nathan mentioned self harm. Wouldn't any decent doctor pick up on that? I sometimes think Drew is afraid of Jenelle.

That's right, though I was more disturbed by the fact that he didn't press Jenelle on her childrearing issues or ask if she still used drugs, or ask about the assault on Jessica. He also didn't ask David about his own abusive past. He didn't ask Nathan about the abuse he pretty much admitted to (the choking, hitting her face, everything else they mentioned--the choking wouldn't be affected by her wrists even if she did cut them) or his own continued court dates/alcoholism. I'm assuming from how the conversations go that Drew is given a script and he's not to veer from it. He's the worst.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, lezlers said:

That's not entirely true.  If he's been staying there long enough to be receiving mail at that address and has a key, he's got every right to call the police on a trespasser.  You don't have to be on a lease to claim tenancy in a home (squatters rights, anyone?)  Not to mention the fact that he said he texted Jenelle that he was going to do it and she gave him permission.  So he's acting as her agent at that point.

I wasn't going to give creepy David any leeway in this.  They aren't his kids and it isn't his home.  I understand that he was a brand new non-paying tenant, but he was really out of bounds telling Jenelle's mother to leave "his" home. 

And he didn't text Jenelle and get permission to act as her "agent."  As if they had a calm conversation via text over what to do about this horrible crisis happening.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

That's right, though I was more disturbed by the fact that he didn't press Jenelle on her childrearing issues or ask if she still used drugs, or ask about the assault on Jessica. He also didn't ask David about his own abusive past. He didn't ask Nathan about the abuse he pretty much admitted to (the choking, hitting her face, everything else they mentioned--the choking wouldn't be affected by her wrists even if she did cut them) or his own continued court dates/alcoholism. I'm assuming from how the conversations go that Drew is given a script and he's not to veer from it. He's the worst.

Dr. Drew did try to get Jenelle to admit that throwing a mason jar at someone was wrong but Jenelle didn't seem to budge. She clearly thought she was justified in doing that. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ClassyCourtHeels said:

The shocking Janelle clip that wasn't shown at the reunion is described below. 

ovgXI6Q.jpg

I'm not shocked in the least that Jenelle said this but damn, she really is such a piece of shit to say she wouldn't care if the person who raised her, is now raising her son, who always takes her back into her home when needed, who put a roof over her head for years, who paid for her abortion, who didn't press charges when she stole her credit card to go to NJ with Reefer, etc. died. 

• Love 13
22 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

I found it very sad when Barbara mentioned that without the meds Jace wouldn't graduate the first grade.  I really feel bad for him and his situation.  I worry about his future.

Gah....why are these people discussing these private matters in front of the world?  Jace has NO say in whether he wants everyone to know *his* business. Effin' fame whores, I swear. All of them.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jenelle better hope Barb doesn't die, otherwise she'll be stuck taking care of two kids she doesn't want instead of just one.

She takes care of none. I fear that Jace will go to foster care then age out. 

• Love 4
On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 10:33 AM, CaughtOnTape said:

And this is 100% the reason why things between Barb and Jenelle will never change.  Barb believes she is entitled to whatever Jenelle is doing whenever Barb wants to know about it and if someone gets in her way, then they be damned.

Sorry, but no.  Jenelle is an adult.  Barb didn't give a shit when her daughter was shooting up, having unprotected sex when she was 15 and getting pregnant, why does she feel she's entitled to knowing now?  

It's not MY daughter in MY daughter's house...it's my daughter in her house and I need to respect her wishes when I'm in her house.  Period.  Jenelle didn't come out because Barb was already screaming and yelling and causing a scene.  In that moment, it wasn't about Jenelle and her concern for her daughter, it was about Barb being denied what she felt she was entitled to.

If Jenelle is an adult, then she should raise her own kids and get a damn job. 

• Love 11
21 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

Then David emerged carrying the Roll, and LOCKED THE BEDROOM DOOR behind him. With a mysterious medical issues and history of DV and drug abuse front and center, I would be shocked if ANY mother would NOT become alarmed. Of course she was concerned! What if Jenelle was in there with a needle in her arm, overdosed? What if Jenelle was in there with a broken jaw? I can totally see why Barb wasn't going to just grab Jace and leave.

If she was too concerned to just leave, then call the cops instead of inserting yourself into a possible drug overdose or domestic violence situation with four kids present, and possibly escalating it with your yelling.  She barely even knew David and couldn't know how he would react.

21 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

I sometimes think Drew is afraid of Jenelle.

Can't say I blame him.

20 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Jenelle mentioned her worry of Jace becoming addicted to the meds. There are several different meds for ADD and ADHD. One of my first questions to my child's doctor was if there was a chance my child would become addicted to the meds. The doctor stated no. He went on to explain in detail about these new meds for treating ADD which are not like the old meds that used to be prescribed.

Jenelle does not know all of this because she cannot bother to ask these questions of her mother. Instead, she acts like the concerned mother on camera worrying about her son and the potential for addiction. 

I don't recall her worrying about Jace becoming addicted.  She did say she was worried that in 10 years, some of his friends might want him to give them his ADD drugs.  Because she's known for planning for the future.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Lemons said:

I wasn't going to give creepy David any leeway in this.  They aren't his kids and it isn't his home.  I understand that he was a brand new non-paying tenant, but he was really out of bounds telling Jenelle's mother to leave "his" home. 

And he didn't text Jenelle and get permission to act as her "agent."  As if they had a calm conversation via text over what to do about this horrible crisis happening.

Hey now, all I'm doing addressing your previous statements that he didn't have the authority to call the cops.  Legally, he did (as another poster pointed out as well.)   Your opinion on whether or not he's morally right in doing so is a completely separate issue.  When you're talking about him having authority, it's not about what leeway you give him, it's about what the law allows him to do.  And it allows him to call the police in that situation.

13 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Dr. Drew did try to get Jenelle to admit that throwing a mason jar at someone was wrong but Jenelle didn't seem to budge. She clearly thought she was justified in doing that. 

And that is why Jenelle will never change.  The one thing most of my clients all have in common is their complete inability to accept personal responsibility for anything that happens in their lives.  Everything happens to them, nothing happens because of them.

• Love 3

* Re: the ADD meds - other posters have covered it, but the impact is pretty immediate. I've taken phentermine (for weight loss) and ritalin (for ADD) and they're similar, but not 100% the same. I know people take the meds recreationally (or to help them stay up), and my husband has taken my ritalin once or twice. He doesn't like it. It makes him jittery and it has a different impact on him than it does on me. For me, it helps me focus. At first I would get super busy and do stuff, but the only way it is like SSRIs is that it helps your brain reroute pathways.

* Re: Calling the police on Barb - This is Jenelle's fault. All she had to do was come out of the room, why the fuck are they texting each other and she can't even come out of the room? On the reunion someone said they were supposed to go out to lunch, so it's not like she dropped by. Barb shouldn't be yelling, and I might not in that situation (but if my child was an asshole like Jenelle, I can't swear to that). However, calling the police was the best idea and if I was the custodial parent in that situation I would have welcomed it. Yes, please call the police. If that's the only way that I can verify and document that my child is alive and well, please do. Also, please document that the non-custodial parent is being uncooperative during the child exchange (if that's what it was). The police do all kinds of stuff like this. They probably have Jenelle's address memorized and she's known to them. If she's (Jenelle) is stupid enough to invite the police into her home for something as easily resolved as coming out of her damn room and saying hello to her mom, she's a fucking idiot. 

But we knew that already, didn't we?

• Love 7
6 hours ago, lezlers said:

Hey now, all I'm doing addressing your previous statements that he didn't have the authority to call the cops.  Legally, he did (as another poster pointed out as well.)   Your opinion on whether or not he's morally right in doing so is a completely separate issue.  When you're talking about him having authority, it's not about what leeway you give him, it's about what the law allows him to do.  And it allows him to call the police in that situation.

True, anyone is allowed to call the police.  I should have worded it that it was sickening to watch him act like he was the king of the castle, in charge of everything and everybody.

• Love 7
On 6/16/2016 at 9:45 AM, ClassyCourtHeels said:

The shocking Janelle clip that wasn't shown at the reunion is described below. 

ovgXI6Q.jpg

This is Exhibit A for Barbara cutting all ties with Jenelle. I hope for Jace's sake that Barbara is around long enough to see him through to adulthood because he had ZERO chance of having any sort of future whilst in Jenelle's custody.  If Jenelle really is this cold and callous about her own mother (and you know she is) then you know she'll resent Jace if she ever regains custody of him in the future. She such a toxic individual that I could see her turning Jace against Barb. She needs to be sterilized and thrown in jail where she belongs. 

• Love 9
(edited)
On 6/15/2016 at 1:29 PM, Christina87 said:
  On 6/15/2016 at 6:49 AM, Darknight said:

Jenelle is probably jealous Jace can get meds and she can't. She's probably going to steal some from him. 

I agree!  I was at the urgent care this past January and I saw a mother, much like Jenelle, trying to say her 3 year old needed Vicodin or equal.  The child was playing nicely by herself and the mother was running around in a very manic way.  They said they would prescribe 1 tablet.  She freaked out.  When I came out she was still trying to get inside the exam room and trying desperately to get those pain meds.  She was very unkempt (the child looked fine) and jittery.  She asked me if they gave me a script for pain.  Um .....no .....just have a bronchitis. 

Jenelle is still a mess.  She does not need any more children.  I wonder what will happen to Kaiser.  Jenelle will never have a job in medicine.  Most employees are drug tested regularly.  They know to look out for a Jenelle.

I am glad Chelsea is boring.  She seems to live a normal life and is the only one who has not had another child.  My only gripe with her is that she needs to stop complaining about her daughter's father.  Her own father tried like hell to show her he was an asshole.  Now she has to live with it.  She needs to prepare her child and herself to accept what will be.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 7

I saw a mother, much like Jenelle, trying to say her 3 year old needed Vicodin or equal.  The child was playing nicely by herself and the mother was running around in a very manic way.  They said they would prescribe 1 tablet.  She freaked out.  When I came out she was still trying to get inside the exam room and trying desperately to get those pain meds.  She was very unkempt (the child looked fine) and jittery.  She asked me if they gave me a script for pain.  Um .....no .....just have a bronchitis. 

Good God, what a horrible story.  This woman was undoubtedly a junkie and there she is inflicting it on a child.  Sickening, just like Jenelle and all her men.  Nathan, Dave, they both suck.  

I keep hoping that Jace will have a shot at life; Barbara has her flaws but she obviously loves him.  Poor little Kaiser, when he tried to comfort Jenelle on that episode where she was "ill" and crying, I wondered where he learned that.  I have never once seen Jenelle offer the same to him.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/17/2016 at 9:18 PM, jumper sage said:

I agree!  I was at the urgent care this past January and I saw a mother, much like Jenelle, trying to say her 3 year old needed Vicodin or equal.  The child was playing nicely by herself and the mother was running around in a very manic way.  They said they would prescribe 1 tablet.  She freaked out.  When I came out she was still trying to get inside the exam room and trying desperately to get those pain meds.  She was very unkempt (the child looked fine) and jittery.  She asked me if they gave me a script for pain.  Um .....no .....just have a bronchitis. 

Jenelle is still a mess.  She does not need any more children.  I wonder what will happen to Kaiser.  Jenelle will never have a job in medicine.  Most employees are drug tested regularly.  They know to look out for a Jenelle.

I am glad Chelsea is boring.  She seems to live a normal life and is the only one who has not had another child.  My only gripe with her is that she needs to stop complaining about her daughter's father.  Her own father tried like hell to show her he was an asshole.  Now she has to live with it.  She needs to prepare her child and herself to accept what will be. 

I agree 100%. I like Chelsea,  I'm glad she's a pretty normal girl with a good family.  Yes,   she is goofy as hell but that doesn't bother me. What does bother is the non stop Adam griping .  Don't get me wrong,  he is an idiot we all knew he was a p. o. s way back. She didn't believe it.  Now she knows,  we get it, you now realize your dad was right.  The best thing she could  do is live her  happy life and try not to utter his name to anyone but Aubrey when asking how were things at her father?  Adam,  I'm sure cares about his daughter but part of me thinks he knows seeing Aubrey keeps him on the show and making money. So Chelsea should minimize all talk about Adam. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3
On 6/14/2016 at 9:57 PM, Chicken Wing said:

When is Dr. Lazy ever going to confront Jenelle with the fact that every one of her relationships ends up abusive, every one of her partners ends up striking her or choking her or attacking her in some way? There's some kind of pathology to that. Why does she keep ending up with this type of guy?

I think I know why. From what I understand, abusers have an almost textbook approach to newly dating someone. It involves a lot of attention, flattery, and very early proclamations of love. This is Jenelle's crack. Any normal guy is not going to be telling Jenelle on their second date that she's the awesomest mother who ever mothered and that he can't bear the thought of life without her. Any normal guy is going to have a job, functional relationships with friends and family, hobbies, etc- all that will take away from the amount of attention he can give a new girlfriend. Also, any normal guy is probably going to run the other way upon meeting Jenelle. Jenelle wants attention, she wants the constant validation of a guy- these are things abusive men will use to lure their victims in (understanding of course, women can be abusive too). Any guy that wants to move slowly, or ever dares to comment on the more unsavory parts of her life, is not going to be a guy she wants to spend time on.

Jenelle needs to swear off dating for at least a year and get into therapy. A year probably won't be enough but would be a good starting point. She's an extremely unlikable person desperate for love and validation. That is a very dangerous combination.

• Love 14