Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Whit's End

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

Both he and Cameron keep complaining so they can always leave the show if it's such a hardship. I'm tired of both of them complaining about Kathryn.

If Cameran and Whitney were the stars of the show (instead of Kathryn), what would the show be about?  Cameran recounting conflicts with her husband, who we have never and will never see or hear from, about her vague feelings on having children?  Riveting.

Whitney is even less suitable to the lead.  He let his only actually activity in Charleston, that restaurant, wither on the vine, and no one is watching this show to watch him putter around in LA.  And, more importantly, he is unwilling to show any emotion-positive or negative.  He's never very happy, sad, mad, etc.  Remember how appalled he was that TRav cried on camera?  He doesn't have to cry, but complete reserve isn't entertaining.   I don't even understand why someone who wants to be so guarded would think he wants to be the lead on a reality show.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Kathryn said that her blood pressure was really high during this pregnancy and that she was on 'modified' bed rest.  She also said the doctor told her she was also a high risk pregnancy at this point.  That's probably why they moved the induction date up. 

When Thomas found out that the induction date was moved up, he should have cancelled his trip.  It was a vacation and show filming.  Dawn was right.  If Kathryn went into labor (and that is a strong possibility) he'd never get back in time.  He is the child's father and does bear responsibility.  He also has a responsibility to his daughter while her mother is in the hospital.  It was a selfish move.  Both Thomas and Whit don't get that.

I have no doubt JD knew Craig was in CA.  I think there's some editing going on there.  We'll see. 

Yes!!! This was not a necessity trip that involved work. It involved a vacation for Thomas while Kathryn was on modified bed rest. The two of them are not together but for someone to continually blabber about how much more time he wants with his kids, he has a poor time spending time with his kids. 

I found out I was pregnant the day my husband deployed to Iraq. He worked his butt off to come home two weeks before our daughter was born because he knew that anywhere from 4 weeks to my due date was crucial because I could go into labor at any time. He made it happen. They finished their mission early. That is a dad. He wasn't planning vacations before labor. He just wanted to be home for the birth. 

Thomas is selfish. He wants to see his children and be a family man when it is convenient for him. He wants them at his shows so he can pretend he is a dad. He wants to be a dad when he isn't off traveling to wherever he wants to go. That isn't how parenthood works Thomas. 

• Love 14
43 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

But I do know that his relationship with Naomi is real. 

OK, so we can assume it's real-er than Count Chocula & the hopefully (for her sake, that is) well-paid Larissa, right?  Maybe so, but sheesh, that girl doesn't know Craig the buffoon/loser/moron at all, does she?  

Last ep she was going -- Oh gee, Craig, you mean you're not running a Bourbon conglomerate/empire?  And now this ep she's saying -- Oh gee, Craigie-poo, why are you saying all those mean things to Whitney?  Uh, girl is not exactly the brightest light.

• Love 6

Does anyone know if Kathryn had blood pressure issues with kenzie? 

I had high blood pressure with my 2 kids, and wow does it suck.  With my first, I was on bed rest, beta blockers, whole nine yards and nothing helped.  They finally induced 4 weeks early and let me just say, I am grateful that I had the support of my husband.   With my second, it never got as bad, but they still scheduled an induction and the minute my blood pressure started creeping up, they moved it to that day.  Combined with the normal pregnancy hormones, it is enough to make a sane woman crazy.  That's not to say Kathryn isn't crazy.

I am so grossed out by them treating her like she is some harlot unwed mother, while others at the same time encouraging Thomas' debauchery.   Good for Dani speaking up.

• Love 21
(edited)
11 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Kathryn needs to realize that even though Thomas has two children now, he only wants to PLAY the role of "daddy."  He doesn't want to actually BE a daddy.  That's why Thomas wanted to go to LA with Whitney and Shep.  You can't make anybody grow up.  If Thomas doesn't want to grow up, he's not going to grow up, no matter how many children Kathryn manages to push out.  Kathryn needs to understand that.  She wanted Thomas, she got him, now she has to deal with him.  

Neurochick, I do not always see eye to eye with you on some of your posts, BUT I don't think I have ever read anything anywhere on this forum that I agree more wholeheartedly with than the above statement. You absolutely nailed it! That being said, the exact same goes for Thomas. He got his heir and spare, but now he has to deal with Katheryn for the rest of forever. They are both total knuckleheads.

Edited by bblancobrnx
  • Love 7
(edited)

Thomas chose to--have sex with/twice 'help' impregnate a female who on the onset was only 2years(❗) from the end of her TEEN YEARS, immature within that framework, and spoiled. 'Crazy', Kathryn may be. Unrealistic, SOMEWHAT unfounded, and foolish expectations Kathryn may have for the relationship between herself and tHOmas. But, tHOmas chose her and, now, perhaps, evermore, HE has to deal. He most definitely 'wanted' her ...well, now, he's got her.

...And, yes, both are displaying unsavory behaviors.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 6

I have a feeling it won't go very well. He's not going to be happy with any man hanging around his precious offspring and perhaps becoming their live-in step-dad.

• Love 6

I was pleased at the less / overall lack of Landon in this episode. The recaps & posts are the only thing that makes this mess of a show bearable. I don't know whom I feel sorrier for: the spawn of Kathryn & Thomas, Patricia's butler or the nanny of those children.

Finally, please, Lord Jesus, don't ever let Whitney sing again. That was just pitiful & painful.

• Love 7

I'm with @BOSAWKS that T Rav's white jeans are pretty spectacular.  Does he wear them so the coke doesn't show?  And do they also speak French?

He's certainly giving Yolanda a run for her money in the white jeans.  

I'd like to ask Kathryn what flower juice is.  Where I come from, it's called water.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, corter20 said:

Yes!!! This was not a necessity trip that involved work. It involved a vacation for Thomas while Kathryn was on modified bed rest. The two of them are not together but for someone to continually blabber about how much more time he wants with his kids, he has a poor time spending time with his kids. 

I found out I was pregnant the day my husband deployed to Iraq. He worked his butt off to come home two weeks before our daughter was born because he knew that anywhere from 4 weeks to my due date was crucial because I could go into labor at any time. He made it happen. They finished their mission early. That is a dad. He wasn't planning vacations before labor. He just wanted to be home for the birth. 

Thomas is selfish. He wants to see his children and be a family man when it is convenient for him. He wants them at his shows so he can pretend he is a dad. He wants to be a dad when he isn't off traveling to wherever he wants to go. That isn't how parenthood works Thomas. 

Yes, Thomas wasn't being thoughtful, but isn't the point of an early induction of labor to ensure no surprises? And they're not really in a relationship. And she is so manipulative.

Craig showed his true colors when he mentioned Whitney outing him to his parents during their visit to Delaware. It was cruel of him to try to deliberately humiliate him, especially since what Whitney told Craig's parents was true and he was completely ruining his life trying to keep up with the Rose's and whatever Whitney's last name is.Craig is his own worst enemy and I'd be surprised if Naomi (sorry, I can't remember her spelling but this is how my mother spells her name) actually married him.

• Love 3

Why is Cameran so snooty this season... When she met Craig at that diner place, she was doing a Kathryn-style catty attitude/terse stare/exaggerated rapid blinking combo thing... She's grating on me this season. 

• Love 14

I think being the on this show is distracting Craig from pursuing his law career. He wants fame and fortune fast. I hope for his sake he gets something good out of this but the whole world can see how naive he is thinking he'll be at partner level with JD. JD should really have communicated his expectations with Craig from the very beginning. It's equally his fault that Craig isn't understanding his tasks or seems to be underperforming. 

• Love 6

I'm a little torn on the "Thomas shouldn't leave town" issue.  Kathryn has the nanny lie to Thomas when he was planning to put the furniture together so he's left hanging.  Kathryn leaves the polo match for God only knows why so Thomas can't see Kensie.  Kathryn limits Thomas' accessibility to Kensie.  Thomas is to be available to Kathryn even though there's a large chance that Kathryn won't want to see him. He was planning to be home for the birth, I'm not sure he needs to be at her beck and call.  Jesus, I just defended Thomas.  I need a stiff drink.

• Love 9

Sadly Thomas and Kathryn deserve each other. They both act like tweens but they are raising children. Maybe someday they will figure out how to be parents and not idiots but I won't hold my breath. I feel for those kids but hopefully the nanny will hang in there and really be the parent.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, politichick said:

Yes, Thomas wasn't being thoughtful, but isn't the point of an early induction of labor to ensure no surprises? And they're not really in a relationship. And she is so manipulative.

A scheduled induction does not necessarily insure no surprises.  As we saw in this episode, the doctor moved the date up by three weeks.  If Kathryn's blood pressure continued to get worse, they could induce at once. 

Sadly the daughter of a family friend died from eclampsia the day she gave birth.  This happened to a healthy woman who had been conscientious about her health during pregnancy, but who was let down by medical mismanagement toward the end of the pregnancy.  Uncontrolled high blood pressure is a very serious risk for both mother and baby.

• Love 9

There are many reasons for induced labor.  I was scheduled for induced labor with one of my babies because I was two weeks late with both my children and the doc decided to induce with the second one.  I was on board because my friend was 3 weeks late with her baby and her dumb doc went on vaca and the baby died inside her, full birth weight, because she never went into labor.  Very, very sad.  As it happened, I went into labor naturally a day before my inducement day and my baby was healthy.  Circumstances differ but sometimes inducement is necessary for both, the mother and the child.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Whitney's crack about Shep "chasing sixes". I'd come back with "Better to have a 6 in bed every night than one 9 that has to pretend to like me." 

Gonna wander over to Twitter now and see if Shep did respond to that. Or maybe he took the high road and let Whitney's "They usually don't go for me" speak for itself.

Larissa is hardly a 9.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Craig showed his true colors when he mentioned Whitney outing him to his parents during their visit to Delaware. It was cruel of him to try to deliberately humiliate him, especially since what Whitney told Craig's parents was true and he was completely ruining his life trying to keep up with the Rose's and whatever Whitney's last name is.Craig is his own worst enemy and I'd be surprised if Naomi (sorry, I can't remember her spelling but this is how my mother spells her name) actually married him.

An early induction is to prevent that happening, but with high blood pressure, she could go at any time. They scheduled Kat's induction for a time when the baby's development wasn't as critical.

To me, Thomas not going to LA has nothing to do with Kathryn. He needs to be there for his child no matter how difficult the situation. He created the child too and knew exactly the kind of woman she was when he decided to have a child with her. He doesn't have to do a thing for her, but he needs to be present for his children, convenient or not.

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

A scheduled induction does not necessarily insure no surprises.  As we saw in this episode, the doctor moved the date up by three weeks.  If Kathryn's blood pressure continued to get worse, they could induce at once. 

Sadly the daughter of a family friend died from eclampsia the day she gave birth.  This happened to a healthy woman who had been conscientious about her health during pregnancy, but who was let down by medical mismanagement toward the end of the pregnancy.  Uncontrolled high blood pressure is a very serious risk for both mother and baby.

I wish someone would inform the rest of the Charmers of this. They all act like Kathryn is using her physicality to convince medical professionals to ignore their training and ethics to get herself admitted for treatment in order to manipulate Thomas. I know that they don't trust Kathryn, but she has so little ability to lie and manipulate her way into getting medical treatment. And the two people who at least have some insight about pregnancy and birth, JD and Elizabeth, are either being openly derisive or dead fucking silent. Maybe they had easy pregnancies, but especially with your first people tend to freak out at all of things that could go wrong. This is the kind of shit that makes Kathryn's wariness of JD and Elizabeth completely fucking warranted.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I wish someone would inform the rest of the Charmers of this. They all act like Kathryn is using her physicality to convince medical professionals to ignore their training and ethics to get herself admitted for treatment in order to manipulate Thomas. I know that they don't trust Kathryn, but she has so little ability to lie and manipulate her way into getting medical treatment. And the two people who at least have some insight about pregnancy and birth, JD and Elizabeth, are either being openly derisive or dead fucking silent. Maybe they had easy pregnancies, but especially with your first people tend to freak out at all of things that could go wrong. This is the kind of shit that makes Kathryn's wariness of JD and Elizabeth completely fucking warranted.

The rest of the Charmers are simply commenting on the fact that Kathryn, estranged from Thomas, uses her pregnancy to try and control him and often times for monetary benefit.

From what she has said she has not allowed Thomas to visit their children in 10 weeks. Just how important is to her to have the children's father involved in their lives ?  Not very.  She is manipulative and tick tock until the lease runs out.  Kathryn has a pretty good gig as long as she wants to collect six figures on this show.  When filming starts again this summer, who will be her friend?  She is too predictable.  No cash, no kids for Thomas.  

• Love 7
23 hours ago, olivia1 said:

Were we to believe that Whit and his "girlfriend" were having adult funtimes for those 2 hours? Those kisses in the driveway were AWKward and he got totally redressed down to putting on his sneakers afterwards before that Elvis inspired "song."  

I choose to believe that she was on the phone with her agents renegotiating her fees. Her original agreement was that she would be compensated for allowing 1 kiss, 3 hugs, and being called "baby" twice. Whitney thought he could sneak a couple of extra kisses and "baby's" and she wouldn't notice.

• Love 11

Really, both Thomas and Kathryn need to make an attempt at maturity, design a fair agreement for child support/ visitation, amicably comply with said agreement, and get on with their separate[ish] lives. 

Craig, you may never be rich. Most people are not. However, with your law degree (regardless of taking the bar and actually practicing law), you may make an extremely comfortable and satisfying living. Use the contacts that you have, get on the ball, and buckle-down. You're young, healthy, graduated university and law school. Be THANKFUL and get to WORKing. Geez.

• Love 3

None of the other Charmers have children except JD and Elizabeth, probably one of the reasons that couple seems more mature and grounded in comparison with the singles and the newly coupled/married without kids. Thus it's even more difficult for them to understand how Kathryn feels day to day, the hormonal surges and the overall physical changes her body has gone through with two pregnancies basically back to back. So it's easy for someone like Landon to make light of Kathryn going to the hospital for a complication, but if it were Landon we all know she'd also be demanding loads of attention from her family and friends. 

• Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, wovenloaf said:

Why is Cameran so snooty this season... When she met Craig at that diner place, she was doing a Kathryn-style catty attitude/terse stare/exaggerated rapid blinking combo thing... She's grating on me this season. 

Kinda hard to be catty & snooty while eating Cheetos -- and yet Cams manages it.  Congrats on that, Cams.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, corter20 said:

Thank your husband....and you as a partner...for your service.  Applause!  My husband was in Afghanistan for six months as a civilian consultant.  It was far from easy and he did have some scary moments.  I know that military have it much worse.  Thank God for Skype. 

The thing that really bothers me with the Kathryn pregnancy situation was the attitude of both Thomas and Whit.  Kathryn is 'manipulating'.  Whit is so totally resentful of Kathryn that he can't even look beyond to the reality of someone who is about to give birth to a child.  He's an arrogant jerk with no emotion except when it comes to himself.  Thomas is a self centered middle aged man who is only interested in continuing the family name.  Doctors don't move up induction dates by three weeks just because....

Yes, being on Southern Charm is a job for Whit and Thomas, and going to CA for getaway was planned for filming.  However, this is a 'reality' show.  It is supposed to be about their real lives.  A person who has any integrity or concern for their children does not go on a getaway within a week of their child being born whether they're in a relationship with the other parent or not.  They don't leave their born child in the care of a nanny when their mother is giving birth and may have serious complications.  You cancel your 'boy's' trip and be there.  Yep.  That is how parenthood works.

• Love 11

Why is Cameran getting so involved in Craig and Whit's issue? Also, Craig thinks it's okay to speak matter of factly about second hand information he got from Katheryn but it was wrong for Whit to speak matter of factly based on things he had witnessed himself about Craig's partying behaviour? Also, calling out people for not being adults by addressing their issues is rich coming from the guy who was too scared to tell his parents that he lost his job and was spending too much of his time and money partying in South Carolina. His gf was right to call him out on his behaviour - I don't like Whit but don't pretend to try and resolve an issue by bringing it up in a group setting where you're being accusatory and embarrassing the other person. That wasn't with any good intent to sort out issues, that was with intent to pay Whit back for what happened at his parents' home. I do like that Naiomi seems to feel comfortable being honest with Craig and calling him out when she feels she needs to. Criag could take a lesson - notice how she waited until the two of you were alone before she addressed her concern rather than chastise you in front of your group of friends? THAT is maturity. 

Whit's reaction didn't match the accusation. Even if it's not true, protesting so angrily over whether you had feelings for someone only makes it seem like the accusations have truth to it. I laughed out loud when Patricia called it mother's intuition that he noticed something amiss with Whit. Umm...it was pretty damn obvious to a complete stranger, haha. 

I don't doubt Thomas loves his children but he's selfish. He loves being a dad but only when it doesn't interfere with his leisure. Thomas has little room to complain considering he knocked up such a young woman who hasn't yet matured yet emotionally. Katheryn should have communicated to Thomas that she didn't want him to go because of her close due date - that simple. Katheryn has an issue where it seems hard for her to address her problems. She lashes out by cutting people off. 

• Love 4

Uh, put some clothes on, Snowflake.  Horseteeth is still wiping the crust outta his eyes from getting up at 6 -- or was it 5?  Whatever.  He ain't noticing you, hun.  And who else would?  Whitney?  Heh, heh, heh, yeah, right.  And Larissa is his girlfriend.  Seriously, who does Whit think is buying that crapola?  

Idk, I kinda missed Snowflake's babble in this one.  I mean, she's just sooooo special.

• Love 3

I found one positive thing to say about Landon....her dog is beautiful.

Everyone else here has covered my observations, except that as a mother to chef (and a mother-in-law to her chef husband) it irked me when Whitless claimed to be an accomplished chef after one or two cooking classes. Petty of me, I know, but it took a long time and a lot of hard work for her to earn her degree and that moniker.

• Love 4

I will NEVER understand how a  woman is a slut of she gets pregnant but the guy is a just excused. Only one person I ever heard of got pregnant by herself and she was named Mary! 

TRav wanting to go to LA when his child is about to be born was all kinds of selfish and tacky. He's not in the NBA or the military. He wanted to go play while the mother of his children stayed behind to,you know,give birth!!!

Cameron can shut her nasty mouth any time now. Just because YOU don't want kids doesn't mean you have to hate on women who do have kids. I grew up when getting married right out of high school (or college) was normal so Kathryns age doesn't bother me. I'm glad I had kids at 23 and had the frickin energy to deal with them.

• Love 4

Actually Naomi did call Craig out in front of everyone during his rant- she told him to shut his mouth or something similar, in a pretty harsh tone - insinuating that she just got on this show and doesn't want to be fired so soon.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

I saw Whitney's documentary in Netflix and he not only reads as gay there, the participants seem to take it as a given. 

Many men have had both male and female lovers, and he is one of them, imo.

The looks he gives Thomas!  His hostility to Craig, if you ask me, is based in sexual frustration. He's attracted to him.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/review-utterly-superficial-ultrasuede-in-search-of-halston-doc-is-marred-by-its-clueless-vain-director-20120123

• Love 3

Idk, I kinda missed Snowflake's babble in this one

She sounds like Beavis and Butthead.  Huh huh huh ...like art and travel and like arts and stuff ...huh huh huh

• Love 5
2 hours ago, JenFromCincy said:

I found one positive thing to say about Landon....her dog is beautiful.

Everyone else here has covered my observations, except that as a mother to chef (and a mother-in-law to her chef husband) it irked me when Whitless claimed to be an accomplished chef after one or two cooking classes. Petty of me, I know, but it took a long time and a lot of hard work for her to earn her degree and that moniker.

Whitney was making a self-deprecating joke. It's just hard to tell because all the botox has immobilized his facial expressions. After he stated "I am an accomplished chef" in his favorite pretentious tone he waited a couple of beats, then chuckled and said, "I took one or two classes." Larissa also teased him that he had never tried to cook for her before. 

I'm starting to think that Whitney's pretentious remarks such as, "I winter in St. Tropez and summit Everrest annually" (or whatever) are actually intended to make us laugh. 

• Love 8

Thomas's failed Senate campaign is better at staying on message than Craig, who undermines his whole quest for the truth about Whitney and Kathryn by admitting that he's still mad at Whitney for that time last season when he told Craig's parents about his constantly being drunk and missing work. I know this plea will fall on deaf ears, but dude, pick a lane.

The thing is, whether it's Lane A or Lane B, Craig's not wrong. I can't wait to hear the story Whitney comes up with at the reunion to explain away the footage that's been running that pretty much backs up everything Craig was saying and shows Whitney up as the liar he is.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, ninjago said:

If Cameran and Whitney were the stars of the show (instead of Kathryn), what would the show be about?  Cameran recounting conflicts with her husband, who we have never and will never see or hear from, about her vague feelings on having children?  Riveting.

Whitney is even less suitable to the lead.  He let his only actually activity in Charleston, that restaurant, wither on the vine, and no one is watching this show to watch him putter around in LA.  And, more importantly, he is unwilling to show any emotion-positive or negative.  He's never very happy, sad, mad, etc.  Remember how appalled he was that TRav cried on camera?  He doesn't have to cry, but complete reserve isn't entertaining.   I don't even understand why someone who wants to be so guarded would think he wants to be the lead on a reality show.

It's Whetny' s ego that wants to be the lead on a reality show. He would need to get a personality first and hope that it's one that is engaging and  interesting to observe .

He's so boring I'd rather watch rice grow. I usually take it as an opportunity to grab something from the icebox.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

I will NEVER understand how a  woman is a slut of she gets pregnant but the guy is a just excused. Only one person I ever heard of got pregnant by herself and she was named Mary! 

TRav wanting to go to LA when his child is about to be born was all kinds of selfish and tacky. He's not in the NBA or the military. He wanted to go play while the mother of his children stayed behind to,you know,give birth!!!

Cameron can shut her nasty mouth any time now. Just because YOU don't want kids doesn't mean you have to hate on women who do have kids. I grew up when getting married right out of high school (or college) was normal so Kathryns age doesn't bother me. I'm glad I had kids at 23 and had the frickin energy to deal with them.

I feel like I missed something. How was Cam "hating on women who do have kids"? 

12 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It is possible that JD and Elizabeth have a lot more insight to the actual situation than we, the viewers do. And, therefore, have their reasons to be openly derisive or silent. It's also possible that they did speak up to defend Kathryn - and that footage simply wasn't shown. 

That said, I really did not get the impression that any of the other cast members were insinuating that K was making things up in order to get admitted to the hospital or move her due date up.  But, if they were and I missed it--well see the preceding paragraph.  ;) 

• Love 2
On 5/24/2016 at 4:50 AM, Neurochick said:

The thing that bugged me about Craig talking about Whitney and Kathryn is that it made Kathryn look bad; I mean she liked one guy and slept with his best friend to get back at him?  If a man did that to two women, we'd all call him a dog; guys like that used to get booed on shows like Jerry Springer, back in the 90's.  I think Whitney should get down on his knees and thank God that he dodged that bullet.  

Kathryn needs to realize that even though Thomas has two children now, he only wants to PLAY the role of "daddy."  He doesn't want to actually BE a daddy.  That's why Thomas wanted to go to LA with Whitney and Shep.  You can't make anybody grow up.  If Thomas doesn't want to grow up, he's not going to grow up, no matter how many children Kathryn manages to push out.  Kathryn needs to understand that.  She wanted Thomas, she got him, now she has to deal with him.  

15 hours ago, bblancobrnx said:

Neurochick, I do not always see eye to eye with you on some of your posts, BUT I don't think I have ever read anything anywhere on this forum that I agree more wholeheartedly with than the above statement. You absolutely nailed it! That being said, the exact same goes for Thomas. He got his heir and spare, but now he has to deal with Katheryn for the rest of forever. They are both total knuckleheads.

Word for word I would have to cosign with Bblancobrnx's post.  

You called it Neurochic. You and I have been on opposite sides of discussions and had to agree to disagree several times but with this show you and I seem to see more things the same way. 

1 hour ago, Giselle said:

It's Whetny' s ego that wants to be the lead on a reality show. He would need to get a personality first and hope that it's one that is engaging and  interesting to observe .

He's so boring I'd rather watch rice grow. I usually take it as an opportunity to grab something from the icebox.

I find Whitney very entertaining in small doses and in relation to the others on this show. Cameran and Whitney as the leads? No way would it have gotten past the first season. They don't have that much going on with their lives and they try too hard to remain outside the fray. Cameran's dinner party was a snoozefest with the only funny moment being when she stole Danni's slice of roast beef and handed it across the table to Patricia. 

• Love 2

Danni impressed me when she stood up for Kathryn.  She's a good, loyal friend.  She went to Kathryn's house and was sweet to her, so I liked that she wasn't joining the group in bashing her.  She's right though; Kathryn didn't do anything Thomas hasn't done, so why all the vitriol for Kathryn?    

Had to laugh at Whitney calling Thomas "Thomaso."  WTH was that?  

• Love 7

I suspect Whitney thought he could be the Bethenny of this show.  You know, standing by, giving snarky one-offs in TH's.  Uh, no.  Bethenny may be above the fray now & sure, she mostly keeps her personal life off-limits, but she's not afraid to get in the mud.  But that certainly ain't Whit.  

The prob with Whit is, he's throwing too much fake shit at us.  And that always eventually gets outted on Bravo shows.  I don't agree with these comments about Whit being dull.  And I'll counter them as much as I do those who deny me the right to dislike Horseteeth for sleeping till 6 every day.  

Look, Whit is smart & his sense of humor (while certainly dry) is snarky in a way I sometimes think is OK.  I'm just wondering if the real Whit is any more interesting than this fake guy with the fake girlfriend we're getting.  Maybe not.  Just wondering tho.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, BookElitist said:

Thomas chose to--have sex with/twice 'help' impregnate a female who on the onset was only 2years(❗) from the end of her TEEN YEARS, immature within that framework, and spoiled. 'Crazy', Kathryn may be. Unrealistic, SOMEWHAT unfounded, and foolish expectations Kathryn may have for the relationship between herself and tHOmas. But, tHOmas chose her and, now, perhaps, evermore, HE has to deal. He most definitely 'wanted' her ...well, now, he's got her.

...And, yes, both are displaying unsavory behaviors.

I agree with this, but I don't like it the talk that makes it look like we women are just fragile little flowers who can't take care of ourselves and men just come along and BOOM they impregnate us. 

I don't think Kathryn was some ignorant, illiterate farm girl when she met Thomas; however, he wanted an heir and she wanted a man with cash.  They both got what they wanted and now they have to deal.

• Love 10

You know, I had to see this ep 3 times (er, no judgements please) before noticing how Snowflake was the ONLY one (in that scene in Horseteeth's joint) who was NOT wearing clothes.  I mean, seriously, could she be any more obvious & desperate?  Bet she wasn't wearing any underwear either.  Did she keep posing for him & sorta spreading her legs too?  Oh good grief, Snowflake, get a clue.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

You know, I had to see this ep 3 times (er, no judgements please) before noticing how Snowflake was the ONLY one (in that scene in Horseteeth's joint) who was NOT wearing clothes.  I mean, seriously, could she be any more obvious & desperate?  Bet she wasn't wearing any underwear either.  Did she keep posing for him & sorta spreading her legs too?  Oh good grief, Snowflake, get a clue.

No judgement! I usually watch the first time, then again more closely after reading this forum, then might have it playing in the background a third time while I do other stuff so I can catch the really fun moments.

My second watch will be later today so I'll definitely be scrutinizing the "morning after" scenes. Did you get any feeling, however slight, that Shep and Landon might have shared a bedroom? The thought crossed my mind at one point as I watched them preparing breakfast...

• Love 1
14 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It is so obvious that this cast has very limited knowledge of pregnancy and birth. I feel like at their age they should know more. We had a friend who had high blood pressure. At 25 weeks into her pregnancy, her baby died before they could get to her. It was sad and still is.

Also, knowing that Kathryn's blood pressure was high enough to induce labor at not exactly the safest time could explain some of her anxiety and erratic behavior. A lot of times behaviors like she has exhibited specifically this season can be heightened due to blood pressure. She has previously said that she had blood pressure issues with Kensie, but I don't believe it was as risky as it was with this pregnancy. She said she was very sick with the first pregnancy as well.

• Love 2

Landon will always be friend/zoned. She's too much of a bratty little sister that tries to act more sophisticated than she is to fit in. I can't wait until next week when Cameran gives her the 411 on her chances with shep. 

I agree that Whitney is way into Thomas. I don't see him pining away for kathryn but I do give credence to what Craig said. I'm glad Dani spoke up for Kathryn. I don't trust her but I don't think she deserves all their derision. 

Cameran is such a bitch. I really can't stand how catty she's become and was so hard on Craig. His delivery was off but it's not implausible what he said that it warranted an instant attack from her. 

Whitney is just unattractive. If he didn't have money or influence he'd be the guy everyone avoids at the bar. He doesn't seem like he was a kid that got invited to many birthday parties but it's okay because mommy would pay some kids to play with him. He is such a Momma's boy. Patricia is tiresome and she needs to use some of her money to fix up the jacked up eyes. 

I don't believe for a minute that Whitney and Larissa are together. That was the shortest visit ever and so awkward. Your song sucked, btw. 

His body is so out of proportion and he walks like he has a metal rod in his back and a stick up his ass. I wonder if he has kidney disease. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Thank your husband....and you as a partner...for your service.  Applause!  My husband was in Afghanistan for six months as a civilian consultant.  It was far from easy and he did have some scary moments.  I know that military have it much worse.  Thank God for Skype. 

The thing that really bothers me with the Kathryn pregnancy situation was the attitude of both Thomas and Whit.  Kathryn is 'manipulating'.  Whit is so totally resentful of Kathryn that he can't even look beyond to the reality of someone who is about to give birth to a child.  He's an arrogant jerk with no emotion except when it comes to himself.  Thomas is a self centered middle aged man who is only interested in continuing the family name.  Doctors don't move up induction dates by three weeks just because....

Yes, being on Southern Charm is a job for Whit and Thomas, and going to CA for getaway was planned for filming.  However, this is a 'reality' show.  It is supposed to be about their real lives.  A person who has any integrity or concern for their children does not go on a getaway within a week of their child being born whether they're in a relationship with the other parent or not.  They don't leave their born child in the care of a nanny when their mother is giving birth and may have serious complications.  You cancel your 'boy's' trip and be there.  Yep.  That is how parenthood works.

No need to thank him but thank you for saying that. I think any job that involves extended traveling is difficult, so major props to your hubby for going over there as s contractor! That is a huge deal! 

I just don't get Thomas's thought process. Most normal men would want to take care of their children if the mother of their children was in the situation that Kayhryn is in. He is a piece of work to leave his child in the cafe of a nanny while Kathryn is on modified bed rest. I think the fact that he would go to LA says a lot more about him than Kathryn's hissy fit. I don't know if Kathryn is telling the truth but she has said many times that he would bail on Kensie and now the little guy to go off somewhere when he was supposed to have them. The fact that he would do this so close to labor makes me believe her more. He might talk about his children being his priority, but they are not. 

• Love 4