Type keyword(s) to search

This Is Our Spoiler and Speculation Topic

• Start Topic

Is the show going to do a time jump for the last episodes? We've basically gone from Thanksgiving 2021 to Kate's wedding in 2025 or so in "Katoby." It looks like next week's episode is at the wedding. I can't see us going back to present day (2022) and living through what was summarized in this episode. So apparently we're going to skip over what happened to Kevin, Randall and Beth, and all the kids during this time and start anew from Kate's second wedding. Or maybe we'll stay in present time with Kevin, Randall, et al, and we won't see Kate and Toby except in cameos until the last episode (an outcome devoutly to be wished!)

• Love 3

Well, even though Kate didn’t get called on her crap, the future showed that Toby found someone else and is still in the kids’ lives and the divorce was amicable, so while I’m still put off by speeding Kate and Philip, I’m overall satisfied. Of course my expectations were low AF, so…

• Love 5

So maybe the series will end on a St Elsewhere type twist.  Jack was the only one to survive the fire, and the rest of the show is him imagining everyone carrying on without him from a mental institution.    

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

Is the show going to do a time jump for the last episodes? We've basically gone from Thanksgiving 2021 to Kate's wedding in 2025 or so in "Katoby." It looks like next week's episode is at the wedding. I can't see us going back to present day (2022) and living through what was summarized in this episode. So apparently we're going to skip over what happened to Kevin, Randall and Beth, and all the kids during this time and start anew from Kate's second wedding. Or maybe we'll stay in present time with Kevin, Randall, et al, and we won't see Kate and Toby except in cameos until the last episode (an outcome devoutly to be wished!)

I don't think the show will completely skip over four years of Randall's and Kevin's lives, especially not Randall's since he's always been the favorite. I think they'll each get their own, similarly confusing, jumping around in the timeline treatment before the finale.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Mrs Shibbles said:

So maybe the series will end on a St Elsewhere type twist.  Jack was the only one to survive the fire, and the rest of the show is him imagining everyone carrying on without him from a mental institution.    

But he’d be okay with Rebecca marrying his BFF?  Even in his imagination? 

10 minutes ago, PRgal said:

But he’d be okay with Rebecca marrying his BFF?  Even in his imagination? 

Yes because he’d want her taken care of, and who better to trust her with than his BFF ? (I’m just throwing stuff out there).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'll be shocked as all get out if the 'wedding hookup' for Kevin isn't Sophie.  

It was such a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment, but wasn't Sophie with her husband at Kate's engagement party? If the above is true, either they're already split up by the wedding, or she's cheating on him with Kevin. Neither situation is ideal for a perfect Sophie-and-Kevin happy ending. But who else could it be? I doubt it would be some random woman he's hooking up with - why would they show that in a preview, like who cares, lol. Hardly gossip-worthy news.

At least now we can finally rule out Madison as being Kevin's end game. (Unless Elliot is tragically killed by a drunk driver sometime after the kids 6th birthday party.)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Mrs Shibbles said:

I'm with you on the St Elsewhere twist.  I'm thinking Jack didn't die from smoke inhalation and a heart attack, but was in a coma for a few days, woke up, and said "You'll never believe the dream I had."

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

At least now we can finally rule out Madison as being Kevin's end game. (Unless Elliot is tragically killed by a drunk driver sometime after the kids 6th birthday party.)

Or in a fire saving Nicky and Franny's dog Louie.

Edited by CdrJanny
  • LOL 4

I really, really hope that the finale isn't where it's just a dream of Jack's. 

The promo for next week.

We see Kevin turning to look at a woman who is revealed to be Sophie (I saw pictures elsewhere but it's her in the green dress). I really hope we don't have a story where Sophie cheats on her husband with Kevin. 

But Rebecca thinking Jack is still alive. 😢 I can relate to this with my MIL, who has moderate Alzheimer's and thinks FIL (he passed in 2020) and long-dead parents are still alive. It's such a damn cruel disease, although thankfully, she still recognizes all of us and has mostly-lucid conversations. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, kassandra8286 said:

Elijah🤣🤣

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

I really, really hope that the finale isn't where it's just a dream of Jack's. 

The promo for next week.

We see Kevin turning to look at a woman who is revealed to be Sophie (I saw pictures elsewhere but it's her in the green dress). I really hope we don't have a story where Sophie cheats on her husband with Kevin. 

But Rebecca thinking Jack is still alive. 😢 I can relate to this with my MIL, who has moderate Alzheimer's and thinks FIL (he passed in 2020) and long-dead parents are still alive. It's such a damn cruel disease, although thankfully, she still recognizes all of us and has mostly-lucid conversations. 

They have the day before the wedding the week after the wedding  (enough to make your head hurt) so that will probably show who is there and how they got there. We never saw the phone call from Kate to Sophie. I can't see Justin telling lies now in the last season but he said no fiance would be shown, or husband. We will see. So far that is the case. Time between engagement and wedding? Sophie could have separated. He never called to see what she wanted and as usual  .  A producer Issac Aptaker said not to write Sophie off last year when Kevin didn't call her back, the reason speaks louder than words.

I cant imagine loving someone so much and they don't recognize you or call you someone else.  A  famous woman said when her husband died of Alzheimers, "I lost him long ago, I mourned already" I guess that is true.  We need some comedy soon, somewhere.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 2

It seems a bit silly for Madison and Beth to be snooping around to see who Kevin had sex with. They know he sleeps around. With Kevin it could be someone who works there or even a random stranger he met in the lobby. 

I'm thinking he is with Cassidy. She doesn't really know Kate or Phillip so it would be odd for her to be at the wedding unless as Kevin's date. Why would his co-worker be there?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

What's weird is for the family wedding photo, Madison and Elijah are in it, posing with Nicky and Fanny, but Jack and Hailey (and Randal's kids) aren't in the photo.

Looked at it myself, and it IS weird, unless the kids have run off someplace and they're waiting for them to come back.  No need for Elijah and Madison, though. I guess Madison with be matron of honor and Elijah will be a groomsman, but it doesn't make sense that the other kids aren't there. I noticed that Madison and Elijah and the twins are standing apart from the rest, so maybe its a COVID thing, trying to limit exposure for the kids.  Wonder if Randall's kids are coming to the wedding at all?

Edited by Rootbeer
4 hours ago, absnow54 said:

What's weird is for the family wedding photo, Madison and Elijah are in it, posing with Nicky and Fanny, but Jack and Hailey (and Randal's kids) aren't in the photo.

Yes! And Rebecca should be next to Miguel!! Put her between Miguel and Kevin if you want, but she should be next to her husband. 

38 minutes ago, Quiet1 said:

Yes! And Rebecca should be next to Miguel!! Put her between Miguel and Kevin if you want, but she should be next to her husband. 

Except doesn't she think Jack is coming? If she's having congnitive issues, I could see her not thinking she needs to be by Miguel.  

(Then, again, maybe this was a spontaneous picture, and there are other posed/formal shots where everyone is accounted for and in the right place. )

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GeorgiaRai said:

Except doesn't she think Jack is coming? If she's having congnitive issues, I could see her not thinking she needs to be by Miguel. 

I wonder whether, once she forgets that Jack has been dead for many years, she will not be able to tolerate Miguel's presence. As in, "why are you telling me to take my medicine, you're not my husband" or even "how dare you kiss me, wait until I tell Jack?"

Here is the napkin math I came up with in trying to explain the timelines to a friend. If we are moving ahead to the five-year future-flash of Kate/Phillip's wedding as the new current timeline, that makes:

• Rebecca/Miguel/Nicky/Edie (possibly) = mid-to-late 70s.
  • Kate/Kevin/Randall = 45 (Kevin's dialogue to Madison in the hotel room scene)
  • Deja = graduating college?
  • Tess = in college
  • Annie = graduating high school?
  • Jack Damon = 6/7
  • Nicky/Frannie/Haley = 5
  • Nicky and Frannie's half-sibling via Madison/Elijah = less than a year.

Am I (mostly) correct?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Here is the napkin math I came up with in trying to explain the timelines to a friend. If we are moving ahead to the five-year future-flash of Kate/Phillip's wedding as the new current timeline, that makes:

• Rebecca/Miguel/Nicky/Edie (possibly) = mid-to-late 70s.
  • Kate/Kevin/Randall = 45 (Kevin's dialogue to Madison in the hotel room scene)
  • Deja = graduating college?
  • Tess = in college
  • Annie = graduating high school?
  • Jack Damon = 6/7
  • Nicky/Frannie/Haley = 5
  • Nicky and Frannie's half-sibling via Madison/Elijah = less than a year.

Am I (mostly) correct?

Mostly correct, except that Miguel would be 80 or 81. His IG handle is @BigMig45, which most likely means he was born in 1945, and the wedding would be in 2026.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Where can I find the wedding photo everyone is talking about?

It's in the next episode preview there's a scene of them posing for a photo. Here's a screenshot:

wedding_photo.jpg

It's interesting that Kevin's twins are in the picture (standing with Madison and Elijah), but not Jack and Hailey. And that there's absolutely nobody from Philip's family.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

It's in the next episode preview there's a scene of them posing for a photo. Here's a screenshot:

wedding_photo.jpg

It's interesting that Kevin's twins are in the picture (standing with Madison and Elijah), but not Jack and Hailey. And that there's absolutely nobody from Philip's family.

Rebecca and Miguel aren't together and instead he's alone with Kevin by Rebecca's side with no plus one, girlfriend, fiancee or wife with Kevin.  Maybe he and Cassidy marry later.

• Love 2

Madison and Elijah and the twins are off to the side but Randall/Beth look equally distanced away on the other side. There's a lot of space between Randall/Miguel and Miguel/Kevin. 

Even if Rebecca's cognitive decline is so much that she thinks Jack is still alive, I wonder if she would know/recognize Miguel as Jack's friend. Or maybe she thinks she is with Jack and Miguel is still married to Shelley?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Even if Rebecca's cognitive decline is so much that she thinks Jack is still alive, I wonder if she would know/recognize Miguel as Jack's friend. Or maybe she thinks she is with Jack and Miguel is still married to Shelley?

Yes, that's what I think might happen. She'd still know who Miguel is but not remember that he has been her husband for 15+ years, so she might be bewildered by him doing "husbandly" things like being around all the time, trying to hold her hand or kiss her, etc.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Mostly correct, except that Miguel would be 80 or 81. His IG handle is @BigMig45, which most likely means he was born in 1945, and the wedding would be in 2026.

According to this: https://this-is-us-nbc.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline#1948

Jack Pearson is born on August 31, 1944.

Nicky Pearson is born on October 18, 1948.

Rebecca Pearson, née Malone, is born on February 2, 1950.

Kevin Pearson is born on August 31, 1980.

Kate Pearson is born on August 31, 1980.

Randall Pearson is born on August 1980.

Deja is born in 2005.

Tess Pearson is born on October 31, 2008.

Annie Pearson is born in 2010 or 2011.

Jack Damon is born on March 5, 2019.

So, depending on when in 2026 the wedding takes place (looks like the summer), the ages are:

Miguel ~ 80/81, Nicky ~ 77, Rebecca ~ 76, Kevin/Kate/Randall ~45 (nearly 46),

Deja ~ 20/21, Tess ~ 17, Annie ~ 14 -16, Jack ~ 7, Nicholas/Franny/Hailey ~ 6.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Useful 4
On 4/13/2022 at 7:03 AM, LexieLily said:

With the new introduction of Parfait Woman as the Future Mrs. Toby Damon, could it be possible that she is the 'they' Jack is on the way with to the cabin? 

Possibly, but I don't think Toby is married to her yet. He's not wearing a wedding band then, but he is in the scene where Jack is grown up and performing in the bar.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Useful 1
26 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Possibly, but I don't think Toby is married to her yet. He's not wearing a wedding band then, but he is in the scene where Jack is grown up and performing in the bar.

Obviously, it took Toby decades to get over the hideous disappointment of losing the amazingly wonderful Kate Pearson.  

She, on the other hand, secured a new relationship literally five minutes after she signed her divorce papers.

Edited by qtpye
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Obviously, it took Toby decades to get over the hideous disappointment of losing the amazingly wonderful Kate Pearson.  

She, on the other hand, secured a new relationship literally five minutes after she signed her divorce papers.

True, but Phillip knew Kate already (I guess that's a good thing?)  I can understand Toby's new girlfriend not being in a rush to become the stepmother to two very young kids with whom toby is very involved (that is a good thing.)

• Love 1

All eyes are always on a final episode to a series. It can't be just good, or even excellent.... it has to have some extraordinary twist that makes it remarkable. 

Bob Newhart dreamed an entire TV series. St. Elsewhere never existed. Don Draper created the best Coke commercial ever. 

So if This is Us ends neatly, it will disappoint.... it has to be the ultimate tearjerker or present a twist nobody saw coming. I don't think Jack is alive. I just hope it is not corny with Jack reuniting with Rebecca after death. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

And that there's absolutely nobody from Philip's family.

This is how things work in my country at least, they make a photo with the couple and the bride's family and a photo with the groom's family separately. Or at least that's how things used to happen. I have two different photos with my parents getting married with her parents and relatives and with his parents and relatives. That was in 1981 though. :P

• Love 1
6 hours ago, qtpye said:

I had to laugh because I just read a short blurb from Chrissy on FB that said, pretty much, No cheating, Philip and I wait until the divorce to get close, he supports me, etc." I was like you waited 5 minutes?

18 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Just came here to say, Cassidy is sitting next to Kevin at the wedding.  Hmmmm. (I see that @statsgirl beat me to it!) 

She is part of the Big 3 company he started. The name was on his speech paper. I'm assuming, it's Nicky, her and Kevin? I would think she'd be there and they were still close friends. Isn't Kevin in the wedding party?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, himela said:

This is how things work in my country at least, they make a photo with the couple and the bride's family and a photo with the groom's family separately. Or at least that's how things used to happen. I have two different photos with my parents getting married with her parents and relatives and with his parents and relatives. That was in 1981 though. :P

I'm a wedding coordinator and that's still the case. There are usually pictures of the bride and groom with the bride's family only, the bride and groom with the groom's family only, the bride and groom with the wedding party only, and every other combination you can think of. The picture above looks like the photographer is just getting people in place for the actual picture. Too many gaps otherwise.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, chocolatine said:

And that there's absolutely nobody from Philip's family.

Maybe on each of their subsequent dates, Philip tells Kate a new story about how another relative died in a sudden, horrific accident just 5 minutes after doing something he didn't like.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, GeorgiaRai said:

Maybe on each of their subsequent dates, Philip tells Kate a new story about how another relative died in a sudden, horrific accident just 5 minutes after doing something he didn't like.  

No. On each night of their honeymoon.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, GeorgiaRai said:

I mean, everyone takes photos with just the bride's family and just the groom's, so this shot is totally normal (except for Kate and Randall's kids not being in it), but I like your idea so much better. 

Edited by absnow54
  • Love 1
On 4/14/2022 at 7:09 AM, absnow54 said:

My daughter is a wedding photographer. There are multiple (many multiple) photos of various family combinations. We are just seeing one in this promo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

That's what you find weird???? How about Kevin holding his mother's hands while Miguel stands idly by? Although, I guess for the Pearson's that isn't so weird. lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, AriAu said:

That's what you find weird???? How about Kevin holding his mother's hands while Miguel stands idly by? Although, I guess for the Pearson's that isn't so weird. lol

Based on the preview, it looks like Rebecca has regressed to the point that she thinks Jack is still alive, so it's reasonable to assume that she no longer feels like Miguel's wife, and he's being iced out. I did however, see speculation that Rebecca thinks Kevin is Jack, and that Kevin has been wearing Jack's ring through the deathbed scene to keep up the rouse. That I would find weird, even for the Pearsons.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Good Queen Jane said:

There's the surprise ending. It's the year 2060. Famous rock star Jack Damon gets a mysterious summons to the death bed of a rich old man.  The man explains that, when he was born on August 31, 1980, a nurse at a maternity ward in a Pittsburgh hospital was aware of a wealthy woman who had just had a stillborn child and was desperate for a son. The nurse, knowing that the a poor woman who had just given birth to triplets, told the doctor that one of the boys had died (the youngest who had medical complications that the poor family couldn't afford to have treated) and smuggled the child out of the delivery room and gave him to the wealthy woman. Due to their financial resources, the baby was successfully treated and lived to take over the family's highly profitable kitchen appliance business, which included crock pots and smokers. Later the man discovered the truth but only on his death bed did he decide to reach out to his birth family. The man concludes: "Yes, Jack, I am your Uncle Kyle. Tell me, what happened to my parents and siblings? " So Jack sits down and says " I'm not sure if I've got it all straight but..."   

OMG! I would love that! Very St. Elsewhere finale (which I saw live btw).

• Love 4