Type keyword(s) to search

This Is Our Spoiler and Speculation Topic

• Start Topic

Thanks for the links. I was a little surprised they are showing the memorial, etc. I thought like Miguel we would see parts of it but it seems to be a big part. Randall at podium....is that 5 minutes to another commercial break? Then Kate to another commercial? I hope not. Was funny seeing them play "pin the tail". Maybe Kevin will show some artistic skill with chalk. ; )

I personally don't want to see things we have seen before, the swings are nice but many I remember or they are close to another episode. With so many streaming devices and youtube videos, we don't have to rely on TIU to show us past history.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 4/13/2022 at 11:00 AM, Mrs Shibbles said:

So maybe the series will end on a St Elsewhere type twist.  Jack was the only one to survive the fire, and the rest of the show is him imagining everyone carrying on without him from a mental institution.    

Now THAT I would like but I think it is going to be just the family reminiscing and enjoying each other.....

Edited by LoveLeigh
  • Love 5

I was hoping we would get more flashforwards, but it looks like we are going to have another 46 minutes of dead Rebecca misery.......which I guess shouldn't be that big a shock for this show!

And, yes, Beth is perfect and I am thrilled we get one more "worst case scenario" with them. Like I said, earlier, I could "get down" with a spin-off with Beth.....but unfortunately Randall would have to come along!

• Love 3
(edited)

Chrissy said "who knows" about spinoff or movie but of course it would be a year or two from now. That would be 2 or more since it takes time to cast, write, etc. A movie special or TV special would be easier. I kind of doubt it though unless it was kids. Some of them would want it, others will find work and I'm sure salaries would be much higher but I'm not a manager. Also no matter how much a show is loved, there is a cult following, but so many of these things aren't done well and most fans didn't bond with Jack Jr and Malik and twins etc.  The fans now might not just cross over to a new set of people. They will want the magic of the past. I'm not saying it's not doable but I feel a Netflix movie or Thanksgiving special would have a lot more interest and ratings than another TV show.

Time will tell..

Edited by debraran
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, debraran said:

Chrissy said "who knows" about spinoff or movie but of course it would be a year or two from now. That would be 2 or more since it takes time to cast, write, etc. A movie special or TV special would be easier. I kind of doubt it though unless it was kids. Some of them would want it, others will find work and I'm sure salaries would be much higher but I'm not a manager. Also no matter how much a show is loved, there is a cult following, but so many of these things aren't done well and most fans didn't bond with Jack Jr and Malik and twins etc.  The fans now might not just cross over to a new set of people. They will want the magic of the past. I'm not saying it's not doable but I feel a Netflix movie or Thanksgiving special would have a lot more interest and ratings than another TV show.

Time will tell..

I’d only be interested in a spin-off about Randall and Beth and I think Sterling at least is pretty booked and busy.

• Love 3
(edited)

Z

3 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:

It'll be a final episode packed with eulogies and flashbacks and the last lines: THE BIG THREE

I think the last line will be one of the Big Three saying, “This is Us.” Or maybe Jack saying it.

Edited by Jeddah
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, Jeddah said:

Z

I think the last line will be one of the Big Three saying, “This is Us.” Or maybe Jack saying it.

Or a clip of them all saying thank you. MIlo has done it but not the group.

• Love 2
(edited)

Or "This Was Us." 

I just have a feeling it will be flashbacks and retrospective and a tear jerker ending with no major shocker... I would love a cliffhanger surprise. 

We should list shockers here in this speculation thread. 

Mine: the entire show was a show within a show. It was some actor starring as Kevin in this show called THIS IS US. The actor has a whole back story of his own.  The final scene is a director saying "Cut" and the camera pulling away to reveal they were all on a set of a TV show and they are not Kevin, Kate, Randall, Rebecca, and Jack but actors with names we never even heard of. So Justin Hartley played Kevin and also played the actor who was playing Kevin.

Edited by LoveLeigh
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 5/19/2022 at 7:57 PM, debraran said:

I personally don't want to see things we have seen before, the swings are nice but many I remember or they are close to another episode.

That part of the preview was just for the promo. They will not necessarily have them in the episode. My guess is that they will not have old scenes at all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

My ending:  We will flash forward to the distant future when The Train comes for each of the Big Three.  These flash forwards will contain flashbacks over their lives, but since those moments haven't occured yet in present day, we'll be technically flashing back to the future. Christopher Lloyd will be their guide, with Sadie the Horse Girl tending bar.  Kate will see Phillip on her train and walk by him on her way to meet Toby in the caboose (a/k/a "Caboose Car"), all while Saturday in the Park plays over the train's sound system.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

My ending:  We will flash forward to the distant future when The Train comes for each of the Big Three.  These flash forwards will contain flashbacks over their lives, but since those moments haven't occured yet in present day, we'll be technically flashing back to the future. Christopher Lloyd will be their guide, with Sadie the Horse Girl tending bar.  Kate will see Phillip on her train and walk by him on her way to meet Toby in the caboose (a/k/a "Caboose Car"), all while Saturday in the Park plays over the train's sound system.  

...while Kevin will walk by every single woman he's been involved with, only to meet Sophie.  We will see his Oscar/Emmy win, so we'll learn exactly what category (categories?) he wins in

...Randall:  Well, he's going to be President, right?  Definitely two terms.  And we see parts of both his very, very long inaugural speeches.  And maybe even his State of the Unions.  All eight.  

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, PRgal said:

...while Kevin will walk by every single woman he's been involved with, only to meet Sophie.  We will see his Oscar/Emmy win, so we'll learn exactly what category (categories?) he wins in

...Randall:  Well, he's going to be President, right?  Definitely two terms.  And we see parts of both his very, very long inaugural speeches.  And maybe even his State of the Unions.  All eight.  

They could just show one of Randall's inaugural speeches, that would fill the hour. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

No matter what criticism might crop up with finale, nothing will make me not laugh at Beth's "worst case" that they put on social media. When she brought up Miguel and swimming with his mom...I lost it...😄

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, circumvent said:

That part of the preview was just for the promo. They will not necessarily have them in the episode. My guess is that they will not have old scenes at all.

My husband does not watch the show but knows I watch it. Yesterday he said, "I saw something online saying 'This is Us' will bring back the 'infamous nude scene'...there's a nude scene?? I've gotta see this!" He thought it was female nudity 🙄 When I told him it's about 3 seconds of a male's bare butt, he was no longer interested. But if what he read is true, they will have old scenes in the final episode.

• LOL 2
Just now, LoveLeigh said:
  • Off topic: why is all text all of a sudden centered? Is there a way to change that? 

Oh good-it’s not me. It’s like I’m reading poetry all over the forums 

The President is speaking tonight. I don’t know if that will delay the start (and end) time of the show tonight.

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, chitowngirl said:

Oh good-it’s not me. It’s like I’m reading poetry all over the forums 

The President is speaking tonight. I don’t know if that will delay the start (and end) time of the show tonight.

I prefer the text left justified but it looks like it cannot be changed. I am thinking the show will start later and perhaps have an intro acknowledging today.

33 minutes ago, LoveLeigh said:

I prefer the text left justified but it looks like it cannot be changed. I am thinking the show will start later and perhaps have an intro acknowledging today.

The text should be fixed now.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

It’s like I’m reading poetry all over the forums 

Hee! We all believe our words are profound, but poetry??!!  Hahaha!  Delightful formatting error.  

(edited)
5 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

Well That was That?  Very underwhelmed.  Of course we end with Randall .  

How many families would play Pin the tail on the Donkey as part of their game night?

Does someone just like Sterling better? Or a spinoff idea? Why the heavy emphasis on him and Kevin was just shown looking sad and picking out ties. Sophie not given a line, Randall's girls, Philip just missing because Toby needed to say how much he loves his Kate. Wasn't he married now and happy? Why no future scenes? Why NO Miguel? Good Lord, this show used Kyle as vehicle for Randall but Miguel was Rebecca's husband for over 2 decades and she loved him in a physically passionate way and a deeper mature love later. She called for him for weeks after he died until her mind failed. In death, they can write what they want but I doubt you still have dementia or any disease...what heaven is that? If they didn't want to show him, just mention him?

Edited by debraran
  • Love 5
(edited)

If they do a spin off of this show, I want Beth and Nicky to do commentary about what is going on.

As to program shown above, poor Phillip Mean Jerk still doesn't have a last name. I guess he took Kate's.

Edited by Good Queen Jane
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Good Queen Jane said:

If they do a spin off of this show, I want Beth and Nicky to do commentary about what is going on.

As to program shown above, poor Phillip Mean Jerk still doesn't have a last name. I guess he took Kate's.

He might as well go ahead and change his first name to Jack.

• LOL 5
6 hours ago, debraran said:

Why NO Miguel? Good Lord, this show used Kyle as vehicle for Randall but Miguel was Rebecca's husband for over 2 decades and she loved him in a physically passionate way and a deeper mature love later. She called for him for weeks after he died until her mind failed. In death, they can write what they want but I doubt you still have dementia or any disease...what heaven is that? If they didn't want to show him, just mention him?

Miguel was mentioned in her obituary. As we saw in the last episode, Miguel was on the train and Rebecca recognized him, but she went to where her attachment was, to Jack. 

One can acknowledge that Rebecca had 2 very deep loves in her life and still understand that she would spend eternity with one. If that is what one believes happens after death. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

Farewell Forum Friends......there is nothing left to speculate, Thanks for the smiles and laughs, but it has been pretty amazing how few actual spoilers there were for this season-lots of speculation but no one had actual spoilers. Fogelman runs a pretty tight ship!

Be well and see you other places on this site

Edited by AriAu
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, AriAu said:

It has been pretty amazing how few actual spoilers there were for this season-lots of speculation but no one had actual spoilers. 

Probably because with the exception of Kevin and Sophie, nothing really happened that wasn't revealed or at least strongly suggested in the flash forwards. I love the show and always will, but S6 was kind of a nothing burger. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Probably because with the exception of Kevin and Sophie, nothing really happened that wasn't revealed or at least strongly suggested in the flash forwards. I love the show and always will, but S6 was kind of a nothing burger. 

Yes, unless someone writes something about the show later, we'll never know all that was cut. I know I remember seeing the Miguel/Rebecca wedding photos (one shown on wall of cabin) in an article on Miguel and bringing him in the fold. I so looked forward to the real or fake pics of Puerto Rico and seeing them happy younger. I think that would have helped some fans who just saw him as an aging caregiver and not her husband. The missing years were cut Dan said and some of Sophie/Kevin which is obvious now. They really dropped a lot with them from the "ring" episode on but tried to tie up lose ends. I think they pretty much dropped Kevin the last 2 shows and Sophie was barely given any lines. Philip and that wedding was because of ? I'll never get that, Kate could have done the things she has done with Toby and logistics aside, even alone. They never had her not with someone. Madison wasn't shown either last show unless I missed her and it's obvious the "covid and can't get Alexandra" drama that brought her in, was pushed aside as soon as they could.

I agree, not much to speculate about, I always knew it was Sophie since she filmed scenes earlier but how they did it, was up for grabs. Now it's just how fast they do a spin off if they decide to do it. I don't think it will work if they wait too long. I still would appreciate a movie or special instead.

• Love 1
On 5/25/2022 at 3:45 AM, debraran said:

Does someone just like Sterling better?

Often times when an actor breaks out from the ensemble with awards and recognition, TPTB have a tendency to highlight that actor's storyline. 

• Love 3

I thought while Randall had more scenes these last two episodes, his character had been sidelined for much of the season. Kate had almost 3 straight episodes focused on the demise of her marriage. Kevin had his own episode with Sophie. I was expecting Randall to get his own episode but that didn’t happen.

In terms of spin-offs, I think a show about Deja, Tess and Annie would work. Start the show with Annie off to college so you don’t need Beth and Randall at all, really. With visits from their cousins. 

Sometimes spin-offs occur with very tangential characters like Mork on Happy Days. I think a series following the Vietnamese woman whose son was killed by Nicky would work really well. She moves to the US where she tries to start a new life and family, but her deep sadness is passed on to her children. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/26/2022 at 6:22 AM, debraran said:

Yes, unless someone writes something about the show later, we'll never know all that was cut. I know I remember seeing the Miguel/Rebecca wedding photos (one shown on wall of cabin) in an article on Miguel and bringing him in the fold. I so looked forward to the real or fake pics of Puerto Rico and seeing them happy younger. I think that would have helped some fans who just saw him as an aging caregiver and not her husband. The missing years were cut Dan said and some of Sophie/Kevin which is obvious now. They really dropped a lot with them from the "ring" episode on but tried to tie up lose ends. I think they pretty much dropped Kevin the last 2 shows and Sophie was barely given any lines. Philip and that wedding was because of ? I'll never get that, Kate could have done the things she has done with Toby and logistics aside, even alone. They never had her not with someone. Madison wasn't shown either last show unless I missed her and it's obvious the "covid and can't get Alexandra" drama that brought her in, was pushed aside as soon as they could.

I agree, not much to speculate about, I always knew it was Sophie since she filmed scenes earlier but how they did it, was up for grabs. Now it's just how fast they do a spin off if they decide to do it. I don't think it will work if they wait too long. I still would appreciate a movie or special instead.

I have no intention of watching the spinoff, which we all know will be "This is Randall: the Next Generation" about Deja and her parakeet boy.

• Love 3