Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Choose Your Battles

• Start Topic

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I think it's always harder and more work for the military spouse when the spouse is deployed, whether or not they have help or resources. And I don't think it's totally "normal" to be in undergrad full time while raising two small children. Most undergrads don't have two small kids or a deployed husband. But that was her own choice. I don't discount the immense toll that would take, though. I certainly don't think the day to day life of a military spouse is not at all affected just because they have help.

Even when you don't really care for your spouse that much and kind of welcome the breathing room?

I'm not trying to be argumentative here. But from what I saw of their relationship, Javi's main appeal (besides those benefits) was having someone else to watch her kids while she went on vacation and out to dinners. If Javi's mom is willing to pick up the slack for Javi, I don't see how Kail's world really changes.

I actually think Kail's comment came from guilt that she's not suffering more that Javi is gone, which she doesn't know how to deal with, so she handles by snotting back that she's stressed out too.

Javi: "I had four grenades thrown at me today, bae."

Kail: (snippily) "WELL I HAD EIGHT GRENADES THROWN AT ME TODAY." She wouldn't miss a beat, I'm sure. She is such a snip.

Has anyone here seen Deadpool? This makes me think of the part where Ryan Reynolds and his girlfriend are playing, who has it rougher.

RR: I was locked in my bedroom for most of my childhood

GF: You had a bedroom? I slept in the box our dishwasher came in

RR: You had a dishwasher????

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 11

I think a school putting on a Father/Daughter dance is a shitty thing to do. How many little girls have NO father figure or one who is horribly unreliable and are going to feel bad about not being able to go? Cole specifically said no mothers were there instead and this makes me sad. 

I FF through Leah's final segment as soon as I saw where it was going. STFU, bitch!

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, Evie said:

That's what I think too. I don't think Ali lied, but like any kid, I'm sure she complains about both parents/step-parents. I'm sure both sides have learned what questions to ask to bring it on. The Messer clan was just ready and waiting to record the conversation.

Right. I don't think she was lying. But I wouldn't be surprised if the conversation just came up naturally, and then Leah asked her cousin to get it on film so it didn't look like Leah had any part in trying to take Cory down.

• Love 4

I think a school putting on a Father/Daughter dance is a shitty thing to do. How many little girls have NO father figure or one who is horribly unreliable and are going to feel bad about not being able to go? Cole specifically said no mothers were there instead and this makes me sad. 

I'm surprised schools still do father/daughter dances, just because everyone has to be so PC about everything these days that I would expect they would be too afraid of the moms complaining about discriminating against their sons. :)

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I actually think Kail's comment came from guilt that she's not suffering more that Javi is gone, which she doesn't know how to deal with, so she handles by snotting back that she's stressed out too.

Ding! Ding! Ding! I totally agree. Javi was commenting on how Kail was not showing emotion. I don't know if he expects her to prostrate herself on the ground and cry and pray for his safety every time they talk, but Kail came across to many people as being relieved, if not jubilant, that Javi was being deployed. So I think she is trying to put off this image of having a very hard time with it. 

2 minutes ago, Katt said:

That is a good point. On the surface, I think it's kind of a cute idea. I told my husband recently that I want him to try and have "daddy daughter" dates with our little girl when she gets older. So often, the father and sons have no trouble connecting, but sometimes daughters and dads struggle. Plus, I want him to be a good example to her of how to be treated with respect by the men she dates later in life. I want him to set the standard. 

But, of course, there are many kids who don't have dads in their lives, and an event like that might seem to rub it in their face. I'm not sure what a good solution is. Do they have mother-son dances as well?

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Katt said:

I FF through Leah's final segment as soon as I saw where it was going. STFU, bitch!

A lot of schools are doing away with them, but I assume Chelsea's area is pretty conservative. 

@Tatum, I find Kail very hard to read, personally, so I don't know how she really feels. I just meant in general, even if your workload didn't change, the stress would take a toll (but I get that you're saying maybe it doesn't for her). Kailyn has always seemed like she did do a lot of day to day things for her kids the other moms on the show don't do, so I don't doubt there is at least some more work, but mainly I just think there are a lot of things that have happened between the two of them that we haven't seen to make their relationship so bad. Kailyn is awful and selfish, and Javi can be really callous and uncaring as well. They have a really toxic relationship. They each seem determined to "win" something all the time with each other...a point in an argument, submission, a display of emotion, a concession. *shrug* Just my take. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 1

We do daughter/"special person" events here (Bucks County, PA). Adam is so dumb that I could conceive of him not understanding the meaning of this and having no idea it involved him.

(edited)

My older daughter's father needs a lot of prompting to be involved. I know that I shouldn't HAVE to do it, but it's for my child. When you choose a less-than-stellar person to be a parent to your kid, you have to take some responsibility and step up if that's what is necessary for your child to feel loved and supported. My husband is Dad in almost every sense, but she wants her biological father involved despite his shittiness. Chelsea was thirsty for Adam's attention both for her AND for Aubree until she met Cole--now she wants to erase Adam and frankly, that's not how it works.

That's just how I feel about Chelsea's situation. If Adam were a responsible adult and father, if he acted like the kind of person who gets joint custody like he claims he wants *snicker* then she shouldn't have to inform him about these things at all. He would be involved in Aubree's life enough to know what's going on in her day to day -- i.e., what's going on at her school. But he's the dad who not only had to be informed of things but has to be reminded and prompted to actually do something about it. That sucks, but that's the situation. And it is a situation Chelsea dug for herself because she picked him as her child's father, and she's stuck with him, and when he can't step up and do the work he's supposed to do it is unfortunately the case that she will have to pick up some of the slack for him -- not because she owes him anything, because she owes him jack shit, but because she owes it to Aubree to try to let her dad participate. Especially when Aubree specifically said she wanted him to go. So, yeah, sometimes Chelsea has to be the one to go out of her way to tell Adam about things that, if he were a different kind of father, he would take it upon himself to find out on his own. Once she's done that, though, it's on him to follow through. If he doesn't show up, well, it's not her fault. She told him. It's not her job to drag him there. It's good that she has Cole now to step in when Adam does bail, so at least Aubree didn't have to be disappointed in this instance with no dad to take her to the dance. He's a great father figure for Aubree -- but I do wish Chelsea, and Randy, would remember that that is what he is. Her father figure. He is not a replacement for Adam and you can't use him as an excuse to write Adam off because you've got a "new dad" for Aubree and he isn't "needed" anymore. He never was needed, frankly, but he's never going to stop being Aubree's dad so at some point they're going to have to let it sink in that he's not going to go away no matter how perfectly fine they all would be without him.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

@Tatum, I find Kail very hard to read, personally, so I don't know how she really feels. I just meant in general, even if your workload didn't change, the stress would take a toll (but I get that you're saying maybe it doesn't for her). Kailyn has always seemed like she did do a lot of day to day things for her kids the other moms on the show don't do, so I don't doubt there is at least some more work, but mainly I just think there are a lot of things that have happened between the two of them that we haven't seen to make their relationship so bad. Kailyn is awful and selfish, and Javi can be really callous and uncaring as well. They have a really toxic relationship. They each seem determined to "win" something all the time with each other...a point in an argument, submission, a display of emotion, a concession. *shrug* Just my take. 

Yeah, I don't know her, but my opinion has always been that Javi is more of a prop to her. I actually don't think she married him for the benefits, although I joke about it. A healthy 23 year old can get private insurance for cheap, far cheaper than a divorce. I think Kail desperately wants to be seen as a classy lady and the image of herself as a teen mom with an alcoholic mother has always rankled her. I think she wanted to be married to help shed her image of white trash homeless teen mom. And in her haste to get married, she picked up someone like Javi, who is...well, that's been covered enough here. Agree their relationship was always toxic. I just think her 24 hour job comment to Javi was uncalled for. But I think most of their "dialogue" to each other is uncalled for so par for the course I guess.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Aubree's in for major daddy issues, I can already see it. In many ways, I think the constant rejection followed by brief moments of attention is more damaging than if Adam dropped out the picture completely. 

As far as the text, I don't doubt Chelsea waited til the last possible minute to let him know, but Adam also could've taken it upon himself to ask the date and time, along with letting her know whether he could make it or not. 

Chelsea and Adam are both letting their hate for each other get in the way of Aubreys best interests.  Not all that unusual sadly.  Since Chelsea is supposed to be the better person, she needs to stop playing games for Aubreys sake.  The fact that she told two conflicting stories on what she texted Adam and whether he answered shows she's up to no good.  They both need to let go of the past and start fresh.  

One good thing about Cole is that he doesn't get involved with the Adam bashing.  

• Love 6
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

So, yeah, sometimes Chelsea has to be the one to go out of her way to tell Adam about things that, if he were a different kind of father, he would take it upon himself to find out on his own. Once she's done that, though, it's on him to follow through. If he doesn't show up, well, it's not her fault. She told him. 

Even the best fathers don't always follow their kids school activities that closely.  If my husband had a father daughter dance, I would have to remind him every day for a week, call him three times on the day, pick out his outfit, have the child dressed and ready.  And he is an involved father.

Edited by Lemons
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Even the best fathers don't always follow their kids school activities that closely.  If my husband had a father daughter dance, I would have to remind him every day for a week, call him three times on the day, pick out his outfit, have the child dressed and ready.  And he is an involved father.

Yeah, my own mom would keep aware of an event itself but have to be reminded 27 times about when. :)

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Chelsea and Adam are both letting their hate for each other get in the way of Aubreys best interests.  Not all that unusual sadly.  Since Chelsea is supposed to be the better person, she needs to stop playing games for Aubreys sake.  The fact that she told two conflicting stories on what she texted Adam and whether he answered shows she's up to no good.  They both need to let go of the past and start fresh.  

One good thing about Cole is that he doesn't get involved with the Adam bashing.  

Oh, absolutely and the fact that Randy didn't even want Chelsea to tell Adam about the dance lets me know neither one of them is as squeaky clean and innocent as they make themselves out to be. Don't get me wrong, Adam is still a douche. If he wants to be a father then he needs to take it upon himself to know the details of Aubree's daily life and school activities, Chelsea shouldn't have to send him eight thousand reminders. However it's pretty obvious the Houskas want him to disappear. I think they all need to grow the hell up, Botox Randy included.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Exactly. Chelsea said on the aftershow that she texted him when she saw the signs/flyers/whatever. She said she didn't know the exact date, but he could look it up on the school website. I'm sure he never did. He should be doing that kind of stuff regularly anyhow. But I do get Chelsea at least TRYING, because she is in the public eye and is judged for everything she does. 

Chelsea told her father that she would text Adam and date and time of the dance.   But on the after-show she said she texted Adam and told him to find the date and time on the internet.  She said on the show that Adam never texted back.  She said on the after-show that Adam texted her back.  So she is full of shit. 

And any mother with a brain would not let her child think that her father might show up when that father gave no confirmation that he might show up.  She dragged out the "your Dad might show up" to the very end of the night."  That's more disturbing than Adam not going to a school dance.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

A lot of schools are doing away with them, but I assume Chelsea's area is pretty conservative.

The only time I ever heard of a father daughter dance was in Girl Scouts, not public schools.  I know some girls went with their grandfather, uncle or other relative, so most do find someone to go with.  But this was in my day, I thought these kind of dances were ancient history.

1 hour ago, Tatum said:

Yeah, I don't know her, but my opinion has always been that Javi is more of a prop to her. I actually don't think she married him for the benefits, although I joke about it. A healthy 23 year old can get private insurance for cheap, far cheaper than a divorce. I think Kail desperately wants to be seen as a classy lady and the image of herself as a teen mom with an alcoholic mother has always rankled her. I think she wanted to be married to help shed her image of white trash homeless teen mom. And in her haste to get married, she picked up someone like Javi, who is...well, that's been covered enough here. Agree their relationship was always toxic. I just think her 24 hour job comment to Javi was uncalled for. But I think most of their "dialogue" to each other is uncalled for so par for the course I guess.

from where?...lol. I would seriously love to know. Insurance doesn't go by age, it goes by income. Young and healthy people pay huge premiums to cover the old and sick people's expenses. And if you;re a contractor like Kail, then it's even more expensive without the employee subsidy. Insurance for Kail and two kids without employee subsidy would easily run into the thousands per month where I'm from.

• Love 5

Granted, the last time I got private insurance was in 2006, but when I got it, it was less than $200 per month. And Lincoln wasn't around back then and Isaac was covered under Jo.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, SophiaPehawkins said:

I'm not sure why Jenelle didn't just fly over to good ol' West Virginia if she needed some pills or shoot a quick text to WV's street pharmacist/mother of the year, Leah Messer.

Yeah right. Leah share her stash? You're on your own, Jenelle.

• Love 9

Could it be leaky breast implants that are causing all of Jenelle's symptoms? Or is she a hypochondriac? All I know us whenever she is on my TV I feel sick! 

Leah needs to STFU about Miranda. She just had a premi baby and Ali just sounded jealous. And Leah's cousin needs a big dose of STFU too. 

Aubree is going to grow up with daddy issues. Poor kid. I like that Cole is there for her though. They should all stop with the baby voices though.

Isn't Javi's mother living with Kail to help out? I did not see her in this episode. If she is then I don't feel so bad for Kail. If she is not , then I understand how it's hard for her having a deployed husband. 

• Love 6

I was both amused and horrified by Babs' reaction to Jenelle's "poor me" phone call.

It was horrible of her to laugh, but then Jenelle bitching about how she is flagged as a "opiate abuser" and her insistence that Xanax and Opiates are not the same to addicts was hilarious. Yep, not the same drug. Same reaction though.

And then when she was all angsty about the clinic closing at 4.  Look lady, they'll call you when it's done.  I doubt that a busy clinic in New York reads their MRIs in less than 24 hours. That's really only for people in the ICU who are barely hanging on. Get over your fucking self.  Mr. Guilfoyle also thought it was withdrawl, for what it's worth.

Leah...your angst over Miranda not carrying your disabled daughter's backpack would have SO MUCH MORE weight if you hadn't let her power wheelchair sit in the back of your crap mobile, broken and unusable, for MONTHS. So, let's see...a single time carrying a maybe 8 lb backpack vs. a mobility device that she should be using all the time. Got it. Yes, Miranda is the true villain here and I'm sure any judge will give that video the consideration it deserves.  Which is zero.

At least they FINALLY had the car seat/booster conversation. Good lord. These children are not in anything about 20% of the time, it seems. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Oh, absolutely and the fact that Randy didn't even want Chelsea to tell Adam about the dance lets me know neither one of them is as squeaky clean and innocent as they make themselves out to be. Don't get me wrong, Adam is still a douche. If he wants to be a father then he needs to take it upon himself to know the details of Aubree's daily life and school activities, Chelsea shouldn't have to send him eight thousand reminders. However it's pretty obvious the Houskas want him to disappear. I think they all need to grow the hell up, Botox Randy included.

I think Randy suggested not telling Adumb because he knew exactly what was going to happen. They want to spare Aubree the hurt and disappointment. I also don't even think it's that bad that they want Adumb to disappear. I think he's a horrible father and does more harm than good when it comes to his daughter.  My close friend got pregnant by an asshole who's similar to Adumb. She's knows what a mistake it was. She loves her daughter, but hates herself for not being more discerning; now she's stuck with this idiot for life. He only plays "dad" to get back at her or when he has a new chick around. We ALL wish he would just disappear and save the kid the heartache that comes with having someone in and out of your life on a whim. 

• Love 14
(edited)

I think Randy suggested not telling Adumb because he knew exactly what was going to happen.

I'm sure that was part of it, but coming on the heels of Chelsea explaining how Adam never calls to ask about Aubree and he never even cared to show up to the child support hearing, I think his intentions were more along the lines of "He's never involved so don't bother try to involve him in this, he doesn't deserve to be involved anyway."

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Katt said:

3 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

I'm surprised schools still do father/daughter dances, just because everyone has to be so PC about everything these days that I would expect they would be too afraid of the moms complaining about discriminating against their sons. :)

I was surpised too! I thought, if anything, there would be like a "parent-child" dance, which would be more inclusive.

This did bring back fond memories for me of a girl scout sponsored father-daughter bowling event that my dad and I went to when I was little.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Tatum said:

Granted, the last time I got private insurance was in 2006, but when I got it, it was less than $200 per month. And Lincoln wasn't around back then and Isaac was covered under Jo.

Unless you qualify for government subsidies, (which I doubt Kail would if she's making $200k per year) then those days are long gone. Any decent private HC for even just a single adult can easily shoot past $1,000 a month.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Tatum said:

A healthy 23 year old can get private insurance for cheap, far cheaper than a divorce.

1 hour ago, EDTV said:

from where?...lol. I would seriously love to know. Insurance doesn't go by age, it goes by income. Young and healthy people pay huge premiums to cover the old and sick people's expenses. And if you;re a contractor like Kail, then it's even more expensive without the employee subsidy. Insurance for Kail and two kids without employee subsidy would easily run into the thousands per month where I'm from.

Not to go too far afield, but the only way insurance premiums are affected by income is if a person buys individual health insurance on the healthcare exchange AND qualifies for a government subsidy due to low income.  The price of the policy is the same, but the amount a given person pays for that policy might be less, but it's only because the government contributes to the premium in the form of a subsidy for people with sufficiently low income (which would not include Kail or any of the Teen Moms). 

The cost of insurance is affected by age, but older people pay more, not the other way around. 

I ran some quick numbers for Dover, Delaware (I don't know where Kail lives in Delaware) on healthsherpa.com, and compared the premium for a silver plan from Blue Cross that has an EPO network (more flexible than an HMO) and found:

$277 for a single person age 23, $3,400 deductible

$494 for a single person age 50, $3,400 deductible

$628 for a single person age 23 and two children, $6,800 deductible for the family

The absolute highest policy on the exchange for a 23-year-old with two children is $957 with a $600 deductible for the family.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Not to go too far afield, but the only way insurance premiums are affected by income is if a person buys individual health insurance on the healthcare exchange AND qualifies for a government subsidy due to low income.  The price of the policy is the same, but the amount a given person pays for that policy might be less, but it's only because the government contributes to the premium in the form of a subsidy for people with sufficiently low income (which would not include Kail or any of the Teen Moms). 

The cost of insurance is affected by age, but older people pay more, not the other way around. 

I ran some quick numbers for Dover, Delaware (I don't know where Kail lives in Delaware) on healthsherpa.com, and compared the premium for a silver plan from Blue Cross that has an EPO network (more flexible than an HMO) and found:

$277 for a single person age 23, $3,400 deductible

$494 for a single person age 50, $3,400 deductible

$628 for a single person age 23 and two children, $6,800 deductible for the family

The absolute highest policy on the exchange for a 23-year-old with two children is $957 with a $600 deductible for the family.

guess it's pretty cheap over in DE? But still those are some very high deductibles. If you want a plan with reasonable deductibles then things start getting more expensive. i'm in NYC and it's much more expensive. 

Younger people pay more in the sense that they use their insurance much less on average. For most young fairly healthy people it's actually cheaper just to pay out of pocket every time you see a doctor. But of course you get penalized and run the risk of something cacatastrophic happening and wiping out your bank account. So they basically end up paying for the older, sick people who use their insurance much more.

I think Cole taking Aubree to the dance is the best thing that could have happened.  Adumb is sulky and acts superior all the time.  He probably would have acted like he was above a kindergarten dance and spent the whole time looking at his phone.   Cole, on the other hand, seems to have a sweet, fun loving personality.  He  probably appreciated it for what it was and did his best to make it fun for Aubree.  Hopefully Aubree will remember that she had a good time at her first dance and won't care that Adumb didn't show up.

Poor Miranda is really getting beat up on the TM2 Facebook page.  I'm so mad at Leah and her browless relatives for using Ali as a pawn to start crap with Corey and Miranda.  Whoever said they look like Voldemort earlier in the season was spot on.

I have lost interest in Kail and Javi.  I just watch them for the kids,  Isaac wanting to live outside and Lincoln wanting to eat soup with a fork were just too cute.  Vee has really grown on me.  She really does seem to want everyone to get along.

Add Mr. Abmis to the list of people who thought Jenelle was going through withdrawl.  He pointed it out to me and I agree. She sure is free about leaving Kaiser with Uncle Dave's sister.  Who's going to babysit him when they break up? 

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, Abmis said:

think Cole taking Aubree to the dance is the best thing that could have happened.  Adumb is sulky and acts superior all the time.  He probably would have acted like he was above a kindergarten dance and spent the whole time looking at his phone.   Cole, on the other hand, seems to have a sweet, fun loving personality.  He  probably appreciated it for what it was and did his best to make it fun for Aubree.  Hopefully Aubree will remember that she had a good time at her first dance and won't care that Adumb didn't show up.

Exactly. Even if Adumb did have some dumb fitness thing to attend, I can't see him going to a father-daughter dance. He could barely attend her soccer games or school performances without bringing some entourage to validate/entertain him. He is not all about letting go and getting down on the kiddie level to have fun. Nope. I can't picture it. 

• Love 10

I can't believe Barb was going to let Jace spend the weekend at Jenelle's house after what happened on the last episode. That poor little boy doesn't stand a chance.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, AhFillAck said:

When I read the face-time conversation between Javi and Kail at the beginning of this thread I hadn't seen the episode yet, and I thought it was a parody! I couldn't believe it when the whole thing played out last night on the TV. The following would not have surprised me one iota:

Javi: "I had four grenades thrown at me today, bae."

Kail: (snippily) "WELL I HAD EIGHT GRENADES THROWN AT ME TODAY." She wouldn't miss a beat, I'm sure. She is such a snip.

And here's what's even funnier - even though you wrote this as a parody - it's what really happened on the Aftershow when they were playing a silly game.  Kail was so competitive and sort of aggressive about the game that the host said she was being really weird and a cheater.  She has to win.  Every time.  A game, an argument, a point - whatever.  

Speaking of Kail, while the lunch invitation with Vee seemed nice on the surface, I think it was totally contrived.  With Javi away, and the au pairs/grandparents hidden away, she needs a storyline and people to film with.  I think it was totally the producer's idea to arrange a lunch date.  Esp. since it kinda brings Jo into the picture.  It was all done for the sake of potential drama.  Not for a second did Kail care about Vee being lonely, IMO.  

And a quick note on Janelle - I'm almost positive I remember Janelle missing on an Aftershow because they said she was sick.  So while I don't doubt that she was Doctor shopping to get pills, I think she scheduled the appt. not necessarily because of looser restrictions in NY, but because she was traveling there anyway.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, mlsmit7 said:

I can't believe Barb was going to let Jace spend the weekend at Jenelle's house after what happened on the last episode. That poor little boy doesn't stand a chance.

I was just going to rant about Barbara.  That woman VOLUNTEERED to take custody of Jace, and she'd doing such an unbelievably shitty job it makes my blood boil.  Why she EVER let him around Jenelle is beyond me, but what she's doing now is beyond the pale.  Really, ALL she is doing is a little better job of keeping Jace alive than Jenelle would.  And I mean "alive" as in currently breathing--the "life" he is going to have makes me very very sad.  Actually, the life he already has is very very sad, and it's Barb's fault.

Why would she EVER have a phone conversation with Jenelle, on speakerphone no less, within earshot of Jace?  I can almost see the fight she had with David where he called the cops on her--things get heated and out of hand, it happens (all too often with this crowd, and I definitely think she handled it very very poorly, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on that one).  But there is no reason in the world for her to answer the phone when she knows it's Jenelle and Jace is listening.  Just call her back later, you dipshit.  Even if there are 100 perfectly civil conversations (which I doubt), there's a history of fights and foul language and someone who actually cared about Jace would do what she can to protect him from that, and the way you do that is DON'T LET HIM LISTEN TO PHONE CONVERSATIONS WITH JENELLE.  Gah, it's really not that hard. 

Oh, and Barb--when you volunteer to parent someone because you think you'll do a better job than anyone else, at least put a seat belt on the kid while you're driving him around while fighting with your daughter on the phone.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

That is a good point. On the surface, I think it's kind of a cute idea. I told my husband recently that I want him to try and have "daddy daughter" dates with our little girl when she gets older.

Please don't call them dates!  That's what fundies do to show ownership of girls to father's then husbands.  It just sounds creepy.  Don't they have special time now?  Even infants can have and should have special time with each parent.  My brother used to read to his babies each day after work.  Sure they were Field and Stream or National Geographic, but who cares.  Build that vocabulary.  I agree that parents should carve out time with each of their children.  Parents can coach a city league ball team, go to the movies, have lunch once a week/month.  It's really not that hard.  When Chelsea said she would have gone if Cole wasn't there.  Hello!  What about grandpa?  Yes, they are really out of date.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Please don't call them dates!  That's what fundies do to show ownership of girls to father's then husbands.  It just sounds creepy.  Don't they have special time now?  Even infants can have and should have special time with each parent.  My brother used to read to his babies each day after work.  Sure they were Field and Stream or National Geographic, but who cares.  Build that vocabulary.  I agree that parents should carve out time with each of their children.  Parents can coach a city league ball team, go to the movies, have lunch once a week/month.  It's really not that hard.  When Chelsea said she would have gone if Cole wasn't there.  Hello!  What about grandpa?  Yes, they are really out of date.

Eh, it doesn't really bother me. My kids have playdates. When my daughter and I go out just us, I call it a "Lady Date". It's just like the "date" in "Save the date". It's an important date. I am not a fundie, so I feel comfortable using whatever word fits and knowing I'm not turning into one of them. I definitely don't think my husband owns my daughter, nor will any of her future partners. She's too fiesty to ever be owned! But I do like the idea of her daddy taking her out on a regular basis and setting the bar for how men should treat her. I want her to know she deserves nothing less than 100% respect. 

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

When Janelle was going through her long list of made up symptoms I kept waiting for her to add "And my balls hang too low". 

Or erection that lasts longer than 4 hours. 

Was Ali taken to her regular pediatrician/primary care doctor for weigh in?  This physician most likely doesn't understand her very rare condition. I hope the weight loss was reported to her specialist in Columbus. 

• Love 6

The Adam stuff is confusing to me. On one hand, Chelsea should (I guess) have the maturity to not just try to replace him, and she's way too obsessed with Cole for it to be healthy...on the other, I 100% get why Randy constantly wants to kick his ass and why she feels more like 'fuck you, asshole' than 'hey, Sir Adam, do you want to get an engraved invitation to her event? I'll remind you 86 times and hope you don't change your mind at the last minute because you need to work out/race cars/screw someone you just met.'

• Love 5

So Leah's disturbing video is Ali showing normal jealousy and frustration about having a new sibling. I have a 6 and 7 year old and a 4 month old and my older girls have said similar things just like Ali did on that video. We simply reassure them that we love them, and tell them that babies require more attention. Miranda had Ali hold a backpack, not manual labor, so enough with the hillbilly dramatics. At least when the girlses are with M & C they're clean, fed and well taken care of. Leah is ridiculous, on the aftershow she is so shocked that Miranda now keeps her distance from her....gee, I wonder why Miranda would do that Leah?? Maybe because you and your idiotic family look for anything you can fault her for. God forbid your girls have to hold their backpacks, but breathing in your second hand smoke, not being in proper car seats, not eating breakfast or being properly groomed, being late to school and riding around in her hoarder mobile is okay right?? Ugh, so irritating that these girls have no insight into themselves.

Glad Kail is now friendly with Vee, its so obvious that the problem in her relationship with Vee and Jo is Javi. I feel for Javi being deployed and I know that its hard on him, however, it seems he wants Kail to just cry and pine for him all day. Its not healthy, when my husband was deployed to an actual combat zone, he wasnt a sad sack like Javi. 

Jenelle, doctor shopping for drugs. Shes a disgusting piece of crap.

Chelsea, glad Aubree had fun with Cole. Adumb is an idiot.

• Love 8

2 minutes into the episode and I swear I heard creepy Dave say " DoVERMAN" instead of Doberman about Babs.  This show is a collection of dummies

• Love 12
1 hour ago, LotusFlower said:

And here's what's even funnier - even though you wrote this as a parody - it's what really happened on the Aftershow when they were playing a silly game.  Kail was so competitive and sort of aggressive about the game that the host said she was being really weird and a cheater.  She has to win.  Every time.  A game, an argument, a point - whatever.  

Speaking of Kail, while the lunch invitation with Vee seemed nice on the surface, I think it was totally contrived.  With Javi away, and the au pairs/grandparents hidden away, she needs a storyline and people to film with.  I think it was totally the producer's idea to arrange a lunch date.  Esp. since it kinda brings Jo into the picture.  It was all done for the sake of potential drama.  Not for a second did Kail care about Vee being lonely, IMO.  

And a quick note on Janelle - I'm almost positive I remember Janelle missing on an Aftershow because they said she was sick.  So while I don't doubt that she was Doctor shopping to get pills, I think she scheduled the appt. not necessarily because of looser restrictions in NY, but because she was traveling there anyway.

I think the episode without Jenelle has already aired.  It was close to the beginning of the season.  It was said she was "sick" but other sources said it was because she was made at the other moms for not including her. 

57 minutes ago, Mkay said:

I think the episode without Jenelle has already aired.  It was close to the beginning of the season.  It was said she was "sick" but other sources said it was because she was made at the other moms for not including her. 

But the shows (the Aftershows) aren't live, right?  I'm pretty sure they're taped in advance.  I think they might even tape a few at a time.  

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Ffiferoo said:

Chasity made it sound like Miranda was repeatedly refusing to help Ali and ignoring the girlses, when of course what Ali actually said on the video sounded like some typical frustrations that happen when there's a new baby in the house.  I know they already have a little sister, but they're older now and are more cognizant of the disparity in attention.  I'm sure it's genuinely upsetting for Ali, but that would have been a good time for an adult to let her know that new babies can't do as much as she can, and that she could ask Gracie for help, or leave her backpack until a grownup can help.  Leah's family egging this on is just making it worse.

When Leah's sister said " just cuz she didn't push the kid out her ' tw^t ' I thought what a disgusting pig. I'm so pissed off when I watch this show!! Listening to Leah try to eek out a coherent sentence & Janelle and loser flavor of the month be horrible people is so frustrating . Dammit!!!

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

But the shows (the Aftershows) aren't live, right?  I'm pretty sure they're taped in advance.  I think they might even tape a few at a time.  

Yes, the after show is filmed in advanced. I think, and I'll try to find it, that the after show Jenelle did not attend has already aired. Let me go search around. 

3 hours ago, mlsmit7 said:

She never really agreed to do that, though, did she? She seemed to want to have a serious conversation with Jenelle before giving her a final decision but Jenelle was too focused on her long list of symptoms. 

• Love 3

In my best Church Lady voice, "well how conveeeeenint." So Jenelle HAD to stop taking her birth control. It will be nice to pull that one out when that skeez announces her next pregnancy.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ghoulina said:

sorry, my phone is acting funny.

so Jenelle posts on Feb 7th that she is having good her mri done. Then the next day she is in  full makeup and bowling. Yeah ok

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Mkay said:

I thought she did those things when she went on theNYC trip some episodes back. I could totally be wrong though. It's so hard to keep up with the real timeline of things.

I read on some other site that David's scar on his neck is from having his thyroid removed because of Hashimotos. I have Hashimotos & have never heard of thyroid removal for it. You usually just take replacement thyroid hormone meds. The disease sucks and can cause a lot of symptoms if not managed well. I bet that's where Janelle got the idea to say she had thyroid issues. I'm sure labs were done and ruled out a thyroid problem so she had to move onto something else (MS). I bet it's anxiety (which could be caused from withdrawal). She is such a mess. 

That was messed up of MTV to add in the bit of Miranda looking like she's glaring at Ali (although I did laugh). If I was Miranda I would be pissed. 

It shocked me that Ali only weighs 35 lbs. My not even 2 1/2 daughter weighs 34 lbs. I understand Ali has a condition that could affect her weight, but it still seems really low. I really hope her specialist was informed of her weight/weight loss. Also, she needs to USE HER WHEELCHAIR! It angers me so much that both Leah & Cory aren't taking the Drs advice. 

• Love 5