Type keyword(s) to search

Good Media: Articles, Clips, Previews, Reviews

During the playoffs the show twitter used to follow just the Jaguars and Blake Bortles. Now it looks like Eleanor took over the account from Jason, and it follows things like Steve Austin, Atlanta Housewives and "shrimp".  Have to  keep an eye open to see if Tahani or Chidi ever take over the show social media accounts.

• Love 9
(edited)

http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/05/the-good-place-ted-danson-john-krasinski/amp/

“Ted said, ‘Absolutely, of course, I completely understand, I won’t tell a soul,'” recalled Schur. “And he proceeded to tell literally every single person who asked him, random strangers at cocktail parties, anyone he ran into he’d spill the entire season. And I only found out about that after the finale had wrapped. He was like, ‘Okay, I’m glad it aired because I literally told everyone that happened.'”

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

Thanks for that.  I appreciate what he says about not trying to outdo the season one twist.  I abhor when shows get overly focused on twists to the detriment of the story.  That was one of the reasons I stopped watching Alias in season three... the twists seemed to be done just for the sake of shocking/surprising the audience, even if it didn't make sense with the characters and the rest of the storyline.

• Love 3

Everyone, I just saw on Instagram that there will be an official Good Place podcast, hosted by Marc Evan Jackson. This is from the show itself, though there are several podcasts that are just fan podcasts.

• Love 4
On 5/24/2018 at 6:17 PM, cpcathy said:

Everyone, I just saw on Instagram that there will be an official Good Place podcast, hosted by Marc Evan Jackson. This is from the show itself, though there are several podcasts that are just fan podcasts.

Just saw that, and listened to the 1-minute preview.  I think they said they would cover one episode per podcast - I guess that implies they're going to start at the beginning...?  Anyone catch any more specifics?

• Love 1
(edited)

To answer my own question, I tried listening to The Medium Place podcast as I liked the premise of one unspoiled newby host watching alongside someone who has seen everything. It was a bit rambly and unfocused though.

Then I tried the Forking Bullshirt podcast, and I liked it a lot. They podcasted season 1 after the first season wrapped, and podcasted season 2 as it happened. More focused on the show, and with a bit of focus on the actual philosophy cited on the show.

Also, the official podcast was well worth your time. Marc Evan Jackson also knew the twist beforehand! The first episode anyway didn't stick to a "one show episode per podcast episode" format. It was just Marc and Michael Schur talking broadly. Highly amusing to find out that Ted Danson couldn't resist telling everyone the twist beforehand. Also the bit where Schur goes into detail about the implications of writing around the twist for the first season was great. You couldn't have a scene in Season 1 with Michael alone without one of the core 4 present as he wouldn't be in "character", for example.

Edited by Fukui San
  • Love 5

So far, I have listened to Forking Bullshirt and one called Everything is Fine! The former was too much philosophy for me, and the latter tends toward light conversation about the show and other related subjects. The official podcast is the sweet spot, I loved hearing Schur talk about the show, he is so eloquent and I love all the comments about how great Danson is in real life.  Everyone related to the show seems so kind, it's a breath of fresh air.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, cpcathy said:

I knew someone would beat me to posting this. Damn work meetings. They ruin everything! I'm surprised that Schur straightforwardly answered the big question.

Edited by Loandbehold
After all the hours of enjoyment he's given me, the least I can do is spell his name correctly. And, never let it be said that I didn't do the least I could do.
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

I was shocked, actually, both in his being so forthright and the fact that that they are actually on Earth. I was convinced it was a simulation.

I get that it is on Earth, but the "alternate timeline" thing makes it hard for me to buy it as actual Earth...as in the Earth they all came from in the first place.  We'll have to see how this plays out in season 3, I guess....

They are doing a great job with their PR, the podcast, the articles, the tweets--it's making people miss the show more than if it had just gone on hiatus and stayed quiet.

• Love 1

Listening to the second episode of the official podcast, I love their anecdotes about Jameela, and how she's "a force of nature" who really is friends with all the cool people in the world. I've never seen her TV hosting (I think she did either teen-oriented or music TV), but adore her on this show.

She's apparently a guest on episode three so... off to download it now.

• Love 1

It seems like episode commentaries on DVDs are becoming rarer (Parks and Rec stopped after Season 3), so the official Good Place podcast is a really nice replacement. Marc Evan Jackson should host everything.

I love Mike Schur interviews. He is such a great showrunner, and I am continually impressed by how much thought everyone puts into the making The Good Place. 

• Love 1
On 6/16/2018 at 3:19 PM, scrambled eggs said:

It seems like episode commentaries on DVDs are becoming rarer (Parks and Rec stopped after Season 3), so the official Good Place podcast is a really nice replacement.

The Good Place has two DVD commentaries on Season 1. But yes, this podcast is filling the commentary shaped hole in my heart.

On 6/16/2018 at 3:19 PM, scrambled eggs said:

Marc Evan Jackson should host everything.

I just wish he would speak louder. I can't hear this podcast in my car at all. Only with headphones in and the volume way way up. But he is an amazing host. 

I have both seasons on my wish list on Amazon and am waiting for the right time to click "buy."

Michael Schur is on another podcast, it's called Indie Wire Toolkit, and it's another 45 minutes that goes way too fast. He's super fascinating as usual, and gives some more tidbits. He and the crew have thought about this show so much, it really comes through.

• Love 1