Type keyword(s) to search

Good Media: Articles, Clips, Previews, Reviews

I was teary at the end of the Paley centre thing. I too am hoping for a good dvd release.

I've watched all of Mike Schur's shows and this was the first time I saw him on camera. I kept thinking I'm glad he's so young, can't wait to see what else he does in his career.

The Bad Place vids linked earlier seem geo-blocked unfortunately for me.

• Love 2

I think I'm going to have to go cold turkey on The Good Place for the next three days. I spent most of the weekend watching the on-line clips or watching episodes, often having them on in the background while doing other things.  I think just one more viewing of the season three finale and then I'm done until Thursday night.  Well, maybe just the first episode again... And I have to watch the Bad Place shorts again...

Edited by BobH
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

Wasn't it going to be an hour? Is the Seth Meyers thing the last half hour?

According to The Wrap 90 minutes is the total time for finale and post show but the episode run time hasn’t been decided yet. It sounds like the show will have more flexibility with runtime than normal and the post show will fill the remaining time. 

Edited by Guest
On 9/22/2019 at 8:07 PM, cleo said:

I've watched all of Mike Schur's shows and this was the first time I saw him on camera. I kept thinking I'm glad he's so young, can't wait to see what else he does in his career.

He played Mose, Dwight's cousin, on multiple episodes of The Office so you've probably seen him but didn't realize it.

@ItCouldBeWorse I never watched the Office, I actually hate it. I mean I've seen a few eps but probably like half a dozen. I don't really think of that as his, like he didn't create it did he? 

Either way, I guess that is the one show he was involved in I didn't like. 

2 hours ago, Grundoon59 said:

The Good Place was an answer on Jeopardy tonight but no one got it.  I was sad.  

Jeopardy didn't air here in the NYC area tonight because of some benefit concert. 😞

12 hours ago, Grundoon59 said:

The Good Place was an answer on Jeopardy tonight but no one got it.  I was sad.  

I was yelling "The Good Place" at my TV, but none of the contestants heard me 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

While I personally think Chris Hardwick is normally a horrible interviewer, I have to say I listened to his latest Podcast because somehow he got Ted and Mary to agree to be interviewed together, and I haven't often seen that:  https://id10t.com/podcast/episode-1071-mary-steenburgen-and-ted-danson/

Overall, what I got out of it was admittedly similar to what Hardwick says himself in the intro before he plays the recording. They're ridiculously good and nice people and it comes off in this. 

Some Emmy nominations for the final season.  It's up again for Best Comedy, Best Actor (Ted Danson), and Best Writing, but it also got some noms for Best Guest Actress (Maya Rudolph), and, best of all, a Supporting Actress nod for D'Arcy Carden and Supporting Actor for William Jackson Harper!  Glad those two got some love finally.  Feel bad that Kristen Bell wasn't able to get in there for Actress, but that was probably going to be tough for her (and, if I were a betting man, I suspect Catherine O'Hara has the edge for that category.)

Still, congrats!  And hopefully they'll win something this time!

• Love 4

I was so thrilled by the Emmy nominations which are long overdue in my opinion.  i realize that they all may need to settle for the honor of the nomination and not the award but if we could only get one, my choice would be D'Arcy. Everyone is deserving but the show would not have worked as well with a different Janet.

• Love 6

D'Arcy needs to win

I hope Harper gets it, but I think if they give it to any actor in the show, they'll give it to Ted Danson, since he's been acting for a long time. Apparently he only won one Emmy for Cheers? what

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/29/2020 at 1:47 AM, bros402 said:

Ted Danson, since he's been acting for a long time. Apparently he only won one Emmy for Cheers? what

I think Ted's problem in Cheers was that he made it look so effortless - when in fact it was masterful.   

I had the biggest grin on my face when he flung that towel across his shoulder, being a bartender, listening to Eleanor tell her story.

Edited by Xena
  • Love 2

Ted won twice for Cheers but he was nominated every year from his first nomination in 1983 to his last (and second win) in 1993. Look at the list of who won in the other years: Judd Hirsch (Taxi), John Ritter (Three's Company), Robert Guillame (Benson), Michael J Fox winning three years in a row (Family Ties), Richard Mulligan (Empty Nest), Burt Reynolds (Evening Shade), and Craig T Nelson (Coach). I'm honestly impressed that Ted was able to win twice considering the competition. Even if he doesn't win this time the competition is still impressive so I think it's already a win.

I am sad that Kristen didn't get nominated.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Ted won twice for Cheers but he was nominated every year from his first nomination in 1983 to his last (and second win) in 1993. Look at the list of who won in the other years: Judd Hirsch (Taxi), John Ritter (Three's Company), Robert Guillame (Benson), Michael J Fox winning three years in a row (Family Ties), Richard Mulligan (Empty Nest), Burt Reynolds (Evening Shade), and Craig T Nelson (Coach). I'm honestly impressed that Ted was able to win twice considering the competition. Even if he doesn't win this time the competition is still impressive so I think it's already a win.

I am sad that Kristen didn't get nominated.

I have never heard of Benson, Empty Nest, or Evening Shade - but I have heard of Burt Reynolds and Robert Guillame.

On 7/31/2020 at 11:39 AM, Xena said:

I think Ted's problem in Cheers was that he made it look so effortless - when in fact it was masterful.   

I had the biggest grin on my face when he flung that towel across his shoulder, being a bartender, listening to Eleanor tell her story.

I’m a huge Cheers fan and Ted not winning is one of my long held pet peeves. I can’t agree with you more. There is an elegance to his performances that make you think he’s just being himself. Even Mary Steenburgen said she thought at first was really like Sam! It also didn’t help him that he was part of a talented ensemble and the writers of Family Ties wrote a 30 minute monologue episode for Michael J. Fox about someone dying that he performed in theater spotlight! Grrrrr.....

• Love 1

Thanks. Some interesting cut bits. Janet eating for the first time. Eleanor and Michael discussing Brent. Bits of a longer discussion about the other guys that Eleanor and Janet have at the end.

I kind of wish they had presented the straight table read instead of inserting in the produced scenes.

• Love 2

Is this accurate? The Good Place, Season 4, on Netflix this Saturday, 26 Sep 2020?

Because I made my family wait so we could watch everything at once, rather than piecemeal (or on the execrable nbc.com streaming site).

30 minutes ago, cherrypj said:

Is this accurate? The Good Place, Season 4, on Netflix this Saturday, 26 Sep 2020?

Because I made my family wait so we could watch everything at once, rather than piecemeal (or on the execrable nbc.com streaming site).

Yes. That’s one of Netflix’s official accounts. 

Edited by Guest
7 hours ago, cherrypj said:

Is that the first time Season 4 is on Netflix in the US? Because I'm in France and I've binge-watched all 4 seasons during lockdown in the spring. I didn't realize the offer was so vastly different.

21 hours ago, Sarnia said:

Is that the first time Season 4 is on Netflix in the US? Because I'm in France and I've binge-watched all 4 seasons during lockdown in the spring. I didn't realize the offer was so vastly different.

Yup - here in the US, I believe that Comcast owned the exclusive rights for 12 months since the first season - so it didn't come to Netflix until usually a few weeks before the next season premiered (I believe it was end of august and beginning of september for when season 1, 2, and 3 came to netflix)

• Love 1
9 hours ago, bros402 said:

Yup - here in the US, I believe that Comcast owned the exclusive rights for 12 months since the first season - so it didn't come to Netflix until usually a few weeks before the next season premiered (I believe it was end of august and beginning of september for when season 1, 2, and 3 came to netflix)

The most recent episodes were also on Hulu. 

On 9/25/2020 at 12:59 AM, Sarnia said:

We get a few international shows on Netflix with a weekly release. For US network shows services like Netflix only get seasons after the current tv season end. Until the point the network that airs them owns the rights and determines where the shows are available. 

Edited by Guest
On 9/26/2020 at 11:39 AM, Dani said:

The most recent episodes were also on Hulu. 

They're only on hulu for a little while - I believe they only had the most recent 5 episodes - so if someone wanted to binge watch the entire season at once, they couldn't.