Type keyword(s) to search

Good Media: Articles, Clips, Previews, Reviews

On 12/21/2017 at 2:58 PM, cpcathy said:

No Golden Globes or SAG noms. What the fork is wrong with these people?

Should have gotten a Best Ensemble nom from SAG and Ted Danson a Best Actor in a Comedy from the Globes.  Bare minimum.

Sean Hayes for the lame Will & Grace revival almost seems like an insult when seeing Ted not get it for this.

• Love 9

In preparation for the return tonight: a pretty cool interview with Jameela Jamil.  I knew that she got her start with doing interviews and hosting talk shows in England, but it's pretty cool that one of her first interviews had been with Kristen Bell (for Forgetting Sarah Marshall.)  And I'm pretty sure I had saw that train-wreck interview she had with Russel Brand years ago.  I guess you have to get your start somewhere and sometimes that include surviving interviews with asshole comedians!

Also, she totally wants Eleanor/Tahani to happen!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TheOtherOne said:

I was just coming here to post the Mande article! They started wanting to make Jason a dirtbag from Florida. The Jaguars fandom came from Mande thinking Jacksonville was a funny place. 

It’s been cool to see how many Good Place fans are out there on social media. If Jaguars are going to make a run to the Super Bowl, this year would be perfect with the game airing on NBC.

Edited by Dots And Stripes

Now that the Titans are out, I really hope the Jaguars win because I want to see what happens in The Good/Bad Place.   I have to laugh, I never really thought about rooting for the Jags, but now I am thanks to a TV show.  

• Love 2

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS RULE!!!

My team didn't make the playoffs, so why not?!  Just like this show makes me ridiculously happy, so too if somehow they won the whole thing this year. 

BORTLES!!

• Love 2

Aww, damn.  So much for caring about the Superbowl this year.

And, of course, it had to be at the hands of the Patriots.  Cue obvious "Bill Belichick has prime real estate in The Bad Place" remark here (he and Shawn are totally bros.) 

• Love 1

Ugh, I got my hopes up for a Jaguars win and started imagining the cross-promotion that The Good Place and Superbowl would do.  I now know way too much about the Jaguars and Duval County.  The only silver lining I have is that the Jaguars social media team embraced Jason Mendoza and should make for a fun season next year. DTWD.      

On 12/21/2017 at 2:58 PM, cpcathy said:

No Golden Globes or SAG noms. What the fork is wrong with these people?

The GG are trash. But SAG has lost its damn mind.

I'm from Boston (although I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm a Pats fan) and I was actively rooting for the Jags. As if we need another. Jason deserves this.

Edited by CherithCutestory
1 hour ago, CherithCutestory said:

I was actively rooting for the Jags. As if we need another. Jason deserves this.

I love how The Good Place can make you think a guy who routinely stole stuff, blew stuff up, and betrayed his friends deserves nice things. Such is its magic. (I love Jason.)

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Enginerd said:

I love how The Good Place can make you think a guy who routinely stole stuff, blew stuff up, and betrayed his friends deserves nice things. Such is its magic. (I love Jason.)

I know, right? Jason, on paper, is kind of a terrible person. But he's so freaking adorable I can't help but love him. I think it's his pure enthusiasm for such simple things. I would love to get as excited about anything as he was about getting a balloon. 

I was heartbroken when the Jags lost. I call foul on all those penalties they kept getting. I think Sean had something to do with it. He couldn't get the humans when they went awol so he's taking them down in subtler ways, starting with keeping the Jaguars out of the Super Bowl. He really is a naughty bitch!

3 minutes ago, Omeletsmom said:

I got about three questions in before I realized I am totally Chidi.  Maybe there is still time left to change that?

Yes, this quiz is our chance to learn from their mistakes. Now we know what to do to get into the good place. I, as an Eleanor, have to learn to choose the right side of good and evil. It won't be easy. I can never pass up a good snark. 

• Love 1
On 1/26/2018 at 2:05 PM, TheOtherOne said:

Posted to the most recent episode thread, but The Futon Critic has a listing for six minute Sneak Peek of some kind Friday night/Saturday morning on NBC:

http://thefutoncritic.com/listings/20180124nbc03/

in case anyone wants to check it out.

Not really worth it. The six minutes consisted of previews of two new NBC series, a brief recap of TGP w/ snippets of interviews w/ KB, TD, and JJ (and this might have been available elsewhere), some commercials, and then a twenty-second preview of next week's episode.