Type keyword(s) to search

Current Timeline: News and Media

On 6/20/2018 at 1:56 AM, kav said:

Why did Lucy not write about Emma in her journal?  I wonder if Flynn regrets going to get Emma?

Maybe they didn't meet Emma the first go-around - since the first time around, the Hindenburg happened, and the journal told Flynn to make it not happen. So maybe Emma just stayed in the past and someone else took her place. Or maybe Lucy only listed the major players. Or maybe the section with Emma was labeled "plz do not open until rufus dies or christmas 2018, whichever happens first"

Here's a really good article that I think could be useful in getting people to try the show.  Each reason has a screenshot or video clip illustration.

https://www.tvfanatic.com/slideshows/15-reasons-timeless-rocks-and-needs-to-be-renewed/

15 Reasons Timeless Rocks & Needs to Be Renewed

You've probably heard friends mention Timeless in passing. If you haven't, you need to get new friends (I kid, mostly), and you need to add this sci-fi time-traveling show to your "summer binge list" ASAP. 

I expected to like this series, but I didn't expect to be the spokesperson for it. Now, whenever someone asks me for a show recommendation, I blurt out the title with such pride and gusto, it's like I'm personally responsible for its brilliance. 

There is so much the: refreshing premise, beloved cast, lifelong friendships, and a conspiracy theory! 

There is such a passionate fanbase, they persuaded NBC to un-cancel the series and greenlight a second season.

Unfortunately, history is repeating itself, and the series has been on the proverbial chopping block for more than a month now. 

Waiting for a renewal decision has been more frustrating and anxiety-laden than any of Lucy, Wyatt and Rufus' trips.

But regardless of the verdict, here's why YOU should be jumping aboard the lifeboat to watch Timeless here.

And if you have time, start tweeting #RenewTimeless enough times to get Matt Lanter's attention. 

• Love 2

Timeless Cancelled

Well it happened.. it's been cancelled. Apparently there are talks for a 2 hour movie on NBC to wrap it up. Hopefully this happens. 

I had a feeling this was going to be the outcome- I'll still so sad about it. What a fun/educational show. You will be missed Timeless!

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Timeless Cancelled

Well it happened.. it's been cancelled. Apparently there are talks for a 2 hour movie on NBC to wrap it up. Hopefully this happens. 

I had a feeling this was going to be the outcome- I'll still so sad about it. What a fun/educational show. You will be missed Timeless!

I knew it, the warning signs were all there, the long wait into June, the lack of any updates whatsoever compared to other shows where we knew about negotiations, etc.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Can a show be cancelled and saved twice? Let’s find out! 

Probably not given how late it was already dragged out and considering that Sony is trying to make a movie happen instead.

Well, damn! I wasn't too hopeful and I just knew me deleting the season 2 episodes off my DVR to make room for other shows was the kiss of death- sorry guys! Can the movie be 12 hours instead of 2 and spread out over 6 weeks instead? Too much to ask?

• Love 4

Can't say I'm surprised, and I'm only disappointed because the finale was quite good, and left us on such an intriguing cliff-hanger. 

I think talk of a 2-hour movie to wrap it up is mostly just hot air. I really can't see it coming together. That's just not something a broadcast network would do for a low-rated, cancelled show - especially if they have to go back and re-negotiate all the contracts. Nope. Not gonna happen.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, DesertCyclist said:

I'm surprised Hulu or Amazon hasn't snatched it up yet.

Probably because the decision itself dragged on for so long, to the point where contracts were about to expire and that other shows were getting picked up during that time.

Sony tried shopping the show around without luck. This is an expensive-to-produce niche product that doesn't have a big enough audience to make it profitable for anyone. If a major broadcast network decided the show was too rich for its blood, then it is most certainly out of reach for basic cable. The number of customers who would be willing to pay to watch the show on Amazon would be smaller than the network viewership. This is also not the kind of show that will induce enough people to subscribe to a streaming service just to watch it to make it profitable for Hulu or Netflix. The focus on American history also limited the potential for international success. In the end TV is a for-profit business so there is little interest in keeping shows on the air that are not profitable no matter how good they are or how vocal and loyal the fans are.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

Timeless Cancelled

I just heard about this!!! DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT!!!! :(  It better have another home!!!

• Love 1

Disappointed but expected after they didn't try a family time slot like they said they were going to try. The time they took to announce it was a ridiculous.  I'm not really holding my breath for the movie or a new network/streaming site. 

• Love 4

I'm so sad and disappointed. Even though most of us expected this - it's a tough pill to swallow. There was so much story left to tell. The very LEAST NBC can do for us is give us this movie. Why in God's name are they making us FIGHT for that too. They ALL know that EVERYBODY wants it. At least give us a little bit of closure. Is that really asking too much???

• Love 3

I know this will come off sounding petty and whiny after learning of its cancellation [again, albeit expected after such a ridiculously long delay on news], but while I wouldn't say no to a movie "finish", there's good fanfic writers out there that could probably provide just as good of a (number of possibilities for an) ending - if not better - than a "movie finale".   And considering the huge can of worms they opened to end this last season, could a fitting end be provided in a 90-100 minute TV-movie?  Truly?? 

And with fanfic, there are more options available;  people can have their choice of Garcy romance, for example.  Where as the show/movie is & will be Lyatt.

• Love 2

NBC probably intended to cancel it all along, and dragging this out just gave fans and the cast and crew false hope. It's unfortunate no other networks were willing to bite, but not surprising since most probably already have their schedules settled. I certainly won't turn down a two hour movie, but it's not a sure thing, and it seems like we have to beg for that, too. I really hope it happens because otherwise that cliffhanger is going to haunt me.

Moreover, it's extremely disappointing to see a show that was so focused on inclusion and education be cancelled in a time when we need those things the most. 

• Love 6

After the Sense8 post-cancellation "wrap up movie" was so good, I'm more inclined toward "wrap up" movies than I used to be, but if they couldn't make the show profitable, I don't know that they would invest in a movie either. And I worry it would focus on Lucy-Wyatt instead of on Rufus revival, and that would crush me. So, if they make it, I will watch, but I will keep my expectations low.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, possibilities said:

After the Sense8 post-cancellation "wrap up movie" was so good, I'm more inclined toward "wrap up" movies than I used to be, but if they couldn't make the show profitable, I don't know that they would invest in a movie either. And I worry it would focus on Lucy-Wyatt instead of on Rufus revival, and that would crush me. So, if they make it, I will watch, but I will keep my expectations low.

I agree, but I have better faith in the cast, the writers, and the crew to give us a proper sendoff. That said, I will watch it for their sakes, not NBC's.  NBC is heading back to the days when a typical joke would go "What's the difference between NBC and the Titanic?  The Titanic had a band."

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I know this will come off sounding petty and whiny after learning of its cancellation [again, albeit expected after such a ridiculously long delay on news], but while I wouldn't say no to a movie "finish", there's good fanfic writers out there that could probably provide just as good of a (number of possibilities for an) ending - if not better - than a "movie finale".   And considering the huge can of worms they opened to end this last season, could a fitting end be provided in a 90-100 minute TV-movie?  Truly?? 

And with fanfic, there are more options available;  people can have their choice of Garcy romance, for example.  Where as the show/movie is & will be Lyatt.

Well, movie and fanfic are not mutually exclusive (there could be both), but, yeah, the Lucy+Wyatt ship is not a cruise I want to book, and you are very likely correct, @iRarelyWatchTV36, that a movie would have frickin' Titanic levels of schmoopie.
I might prefer option 3: A reboot without any overwrought romance.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

Like most, I'm disappointed but not too surprised given how networks decide.  It's rare for a show to be better in the second season than the first, and that gave me hope that perhaps Season 3 would have been even better.  I hope a cable channel or subscription service picks the show up, but I'm not holding my breath, since even Kripke said he felt a TV movie would be the most likely route.  The mythology with Rittenhouse is the weakest aspect of this show, so there's really not much to wrap up.  A 2-hour adventure to save Rufus and get Lucy's sister back would be a fun way to put a bow on the series if it must end.

• Love 2

I hope we get the TV movie, that would be cool. Could have them save Rufus 1/2 or 3/4 through, then at the end, they come back, and boom, Amy returns, greeting Lucy & the team in the bunker.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I might prefer option 3: A reboot without any overwrought romance.

No thanks.  I've had my fill of "re-boots" that practice retroactive continuity and throw established canon out the window simply because  a few viewers didn't like where canon took them the first time around (Will & Grace, I'm looking at you!). Give me closure, not erasure!

• Love 1
(edited)

Timeless Cast and Crew React to Cancellation: 'This News Sucks'
By Andy Swift / June 22 2018, 8:48 AM PDT
https://tvline.com/2018/06/22/timeless-cancelled-reactions-cast-creators-possible-movie/

Moments after it was announced on Friday that Timeless would not be returning for a third season, the cast of NBC’s little-show-that-could took to Twitter to thank fans for their support — and to discuss (fingers crossed!) a potential wrap-up movie.

Matt Lanter (aka Wyatt Logan) was among the first to reach out, tweeting, “I love you #Clockblockers. You’ve fought so hard and deserve so much more.”

Co-star Abigail Spencer (aka Lucy Preston) added, “It’s true. Thank you for all your support #Timeless fans! It’s been an absolute joy playing your Lucy. I sincerely hope we get to do the Timeless movie to wrap up the story and get one more go to wrap up the series in a powerful & elegant way! More soon!”

Other reactions, like that of Sakina Jaffrey (aka Denise Christopher), were a little more blunt — and came equipped with visual aids:
One of the series’ creators, Eric Kripke, tweeted, “Gutted by this, guys, I know you are too. Behind the scenes, Sony has been trying hard to set it up elsewhere, but no luck so far. I think this 2 hour movie is our best shot. We’re ready to make it if @nbc really wants it. Let ’em know how you feel.” He added:
Co-creator Shawn Ryan tweeted that this is a “sad day for the writers, actors, crew and especially the viewers of Timeless,” adding:
The show’s writers also offered their condolences via their official account, tweeting, “We’re so sorry the news isn’t better. We have fought so hard for the past weeks and will continue to fight to be able to tell more of this story. Thank you so much for your amazing fandom. It has meant so much to us.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The plot is so simplistic they really could fix it in a movie. With the new Flux Capacitor Jiya made on her crazy brain, the team travels back to the moment before Flynn steals the mothership and steals it themselves. Problem solved. There are also so many plot holes another 3 seasons couldn't fix it.

Continuum managed to tie up a lot of loose ends with a 6 episode final season in their time travel show.

• Love 3
On 6/22/2018 at 10:12 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I'm blown away at the quality of some of the Timeless fan fic.  It's a talented group of people.

I'm torn by the cancellation news and the possibility of a movie.  I'd like to see more adventures of the team and how they save Rufus (because I'm 100% sure Rufus gets saved) abut I'm also afraid that they would end up putting Lucy with Wyatt especially if it's just two hours in a movie.  I'm not interested in that.

This way, I can go with my head canon that they redeemed Jessica and Wyatt is happy with her and their baby while Lucy continued to explore the complexities of her relationship with Flynn.  It was Wyatt and Lucy who came from the future because Jessica and Flynn are looking after the kids; because you shouldn't send both parents on a dangerous mission and risk orphaning the children.

I'll take whatever I can get from fan fic.

• Love 3

I'm not surprised - for one thing there aren't enough episodes in the series. For another thing, this show was never very lofty, intellectually speaking. It had its fun moments for sure but it was a really unambitious costume romp. It's not something serious Sci Fi fans went gaga over. It was just something a lot of casual viewers found fun and entertaining in a pedestrian, generic broadcast network kind of way. You expect to see something a little smarter, and little more thought provoking and edgy on a streaming channel, or even a basic cable channel, than this kind of show.

I’m not holding my breath for a movie.  It sounds more like a consolation prize that NBC is throwing us for now then later on plans for it will be cancelled.   At the very least I’d be happy with something from the writers (like how they’ve sent us scenes via twitter) on how it all ends.  Something similar was done when Journeyman was cancelled.   

Been away from PTV for a few days, so I'm just hearing the news now.  This sucks!  I was really hoping they would find a way to renew it for Season 3.  I guess I'll have to settle for the hope that they do produce a movie to tie up the loose ends.  I've never read any fan fic for any show, and I doubt I'll start with this one.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Moose135 said:

Been away from PTV for a few days, so I'm just hearing the news now.  This sucks!  I was really hoping they would find a way to renew it for Season 3.  I guess I'll have to settle for the hope that they do produce a movie to tie up the loose ends.  I've never read any fan fic for any show, and I doubt I'll start with this one.

I'm not going to try and sway your - or anyone's - opinion about the general worth or quality of fanfiction [at least for TV shows], but for all the "yuck" out there, there are a few rare "wow!" ones mixed in as well.  The thing I like most about fanfic is there are actually some talented writers out there and they craft really good stories;  as well as FF can provide one a way to indulge their own personal shipping choice, if canon itself is different.

• Love 2

There are a number of professional novel writers who write fanfic for fun.  And E.L. James got her start writing Twilight fanfic before she moved on to her Fifty Shades of Grey books.  Yes, there are some bad fic but there's also good ones.

I've read some really good Timeless fic ... and there's a fanfic thread.

On 6/22/2018 at 5:41 PM, DesertCyclist said:

You shouldn't be, it's very 11th hour, most networks and streaming services have already planned out their upcoming slate, and as entertaining as Timeless might be it doesn't have a lot of perks for a streaming service to pick up. 

For starters ratings have never been very strong, it got cancelled in season 1 for a reason, and they didn't improve for season 2. Add that into the fact that they have very high production values, and thus very high production costs. Finally while technically Timeless has 2 seasons, they actually only have 26 episodes in their back catalogue, which is pretty much just one seasons worth for most shows. Streaming services like to pick up a show with lots of episodes so subscribers will binge it. That's why stuff like Lucifer gets picked up, which has almost 60 episodes over it's 3 previous seasons. Netflix picks up the tab for 10 episodes and essentially get almost 70.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cuhulin said:

Sorry to see this, but at least I don't need to consider NBC shows any more - not going to invest the energy giving their lack of care for their viewers.

Only thing I am going to watch is The Good Place

Oh crap they picked up Brooklyn 99 right?

So I will only watch them for their comedies.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:37 PM, Maximum Taco said:

You shouldn't be, it's very 11th hour, most networks and streaming services have already planned out their upcoming slate, and as entertaining as Timeless might be it doesn't have a lot of perks for a streaming service to pick up. 

Agreed, this was dragged out until June where the contracts were about to expire.  The shows that were picked up were cancelled in May and were already in negotiations a long time ago.

11 hours ago, bros402 said:

Only thing I am going to watch is The Good Place

Oh crap they picked up Brooklyn 99 right?

So I will only watch them for their comedies.

You can just stick to Thursday nights.

And it's officially over, atleast hopes for a 3rd season are. 

I guess we'll sit around and hope for a 2 hour movie on NBC, I'm not holding out much hope for that either though. Maybe I'll be pleasently surprised. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Again, bittersweet - Timeless won 2 awards and also took 2 runner up spots in this competition...

TV Scoop Awards 2018: The Winners Are...
by TV SCOOP TEAM | Mon., Jul. 2, 2018 10:30 AM
https://www.eonline.com/news/948524/tv-scoop-awards-2018-the-winners-are

BEST COUPLE: LUCY AND WYATT (TIMELESS)
Runner up: Lucifer and Chloe (Lucifer)

SADDEST DEATH: RUFUS (TIMELESS)
Runner Up: Charlotte (Lucifer)

BEST DRAMA: LUCIFER
Runner Up: Timeless 

BEST CAST ON SOCIAL MEDIA: LUCIFER
Runner Up: Timeless

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Maximum Taco said:

And it's officially over, atleast hopes for a 3rd season are. 

I guess we'll sit around and hope for a 2 hour movie on NBC, I'm not holding out much hope for that either though. Maybe I'll be pleasently surprised. 

Indeed.  Sean said they'd wait to see how talks regarding a movie go until the end of this week, and if that still fails, they'll see about finding another way to give the fans closure.  Nevertheless, RIP, Timeless.  You will never be forgotten.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1