Type keyword(s) to search

Current Timeline: News and Media

Yeah, maybe. At this point dragging it out is just cruel to everyone, especially the cast and crew. I think the decision was made before the finale even aired but they weren’t counting on all of the social media uproar and even celebrities chiming in with support. They were going to announce on Monday but put it off until the weekend to minimize the damage. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Writing Wrongs said:

Abigail Spencer is at the Royal Wedding. 

I was wondering if that was her. Or was it Lucy, right after a time travel to the 40s. The woman can rock the vintage look.

• Love 4
Just now, shapeshifter said:

Thank you for posting this. I wouldn't have otherwise thought to turn it on. Lovely in spite of the hype.

I always find this to be true. I hate the hype but it’s so beautiful. 

• Love 1
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

She's got a prime seat, right next to Serena Williams.

And just behind the mother of the bride, so she's getting a lot of TV face time.

ETA: Her outfit seems to be trending on Twitter. She's been called best dressed who isn't Amal Clooney.

Edited by Shanna Marie
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

And just behind the mother of the bride, so she's getting a lot of TV face time.

ETA: Her outfit seems to be trending on Twitter. She's been called best dressed who isn't Amal Clooney.

I think Abigail looks fabulous. Amal, not so much. I really dislike the color of her dress. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I think Abigail looks fabulous. Amal, not so much. I really dislike the color of her dress. 

Yeah, I far prefer Abigail's outfit. I love that she went with the retro look (hey, maybe using her moment in that spotlight to subtly plug Timeless) because it works so well on her. My Twitter feed is full of "identify that dress and where can I get it" posts.

• Love 1

So I'm watch the re-airing of the wedding on NBC.

Did all the networks getting the same feed?  Are they re-editing the crowd shots?

I ask because they spent a super long time focusing on Abigail Spencer during the singing of the hymn. It made me laugh.   

3 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

So I'm watch the re-airing of the wedding on NBC.

Did all the networks getting the same feed?  Are they re-editing the crowd shots?

I ask because they spent a super long time focusing on Abigail Spencer during the singing of the hymn. It made me laugh.   

I watched on BBC America and it seemed that all of the feeds were the same. Yes they showed her for quite a while. Maybe because she looks fabulous ??

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

She's got a prime seat, right next to Serena Williams.

That's because she's a close friend of the bride's and she's also distantly related to Prince Harry through the Spencer line.  In other words, Carol and Emma were right -- Lucy really IS royalty, just not in the way they had in mind.

NBC would be foolish not to renew Timeless after this.  It would be a missed opportunity to promote the show, and they could even use footage of Abigail from today at the Royal Wedding to promote a Season 3 episode in which the time team has to go back to save another Royal Wedding, perhaps that of Charles and Diana or Elizabeth and Philip's or even Princess Grace's!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:

That's because she's a close friend of the bride's and she's also distantly related to Prince Harry through the Spencer line.  In other words, Carol and Emma were right -- Lucy really IS royalty, just not in the way they had in mind.

NBC would be foolish not to renew Timeless after this.  It would be a missed opportunity to promote the show, and they could even use footage of Abigail from today at the Royal Wedding to promote a Season 3 episode in which the time team has to go back to save another Royal Wedding, perhaps that of Charles and Diana or Elizabeth and Philip's or even Princess Grace's!

I don't know how I feel about this. Obviously I want Timeless renewed but I don't think I want them exploiting her friendship with Meghan to do it. If they think that her visibility at the wedding is good for the chatter, then great. Although I'm not even sure that will happen because she was referred to by the commentators as a castmate from Suits so Timeless was never mentioned, at least on my broadcast. But I don't think I want them using footage of her at the wedding to promote the show. It seems kind of tacky to me. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:

That won't happen. Sony doesn't own the footage from the wedding so the studio would have to pay for it and get clearance from all other individuals appearing in the footage and NBC News loses (more) credibility as a serious news organization if it starts using news footage of a widely viewed event to shill a struggling TV show. The royal family would also oppose the use of wedding footage in a fictional TV show. Maintaining good relations with the royal family is more important than a possible episode plot for a TV show NBC doesn't even own.

I don't see how Abigail Spencer attending the wedding as a private person has anything to do with the show. No one is gonna start watching the show because that. If the show does get renewed it will only be because the financials make it feasible not because of fan pressure or internet buzz or an actor attending a high-profile wedding.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, possibilities said:

My guess is that there won't be any announcement about the show being cancelled. They will only make an official statement if it is renewed.

I don’t think they are allowed to do that.  I mean they probably aren’t required to make a public announcement, but I can’t imagine they aren’t required to tell the cast/writers/Sony etc. which would make it known on social media almost immediately. In the Tweet above Kripke uses the hashtag #renewtimeless which to me means they still haven’t been told anything. I’d love to believe that means there is still a chance but I really think it means they are just dragging it out in a way that is cruel to those whose livelihoods are affected by this decision. 

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Abigail looked so beautiful, she really can rock the vintage look! No wonder she was cast as a time traveler. I might have squeaked when I saw her on the live feed. 

A few people who were just a little out of it due to the earliness of the hour thought they'd somehow stumbled onto an extra Timeless episode and were wondering where Flynn and Wyatt were and where the lifeboat had been parked!

10 hours ago, TexasGal said:

This cracked me up.

I couldn't resist responding to it and wrote a dialogue that went something like this:

NBC:  Thank God there's the Royal Wedding to distract everyone from this #RenewTimeless nonsense.  There's no way anyone's going to be able to tie this to the show or their renewal campaign, and we can quietly cancel it without anyone raising a fuss!

Abigail Spencer:  Hold my purse... .

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 7

Abigail looked so beautiful! I squealed a bit when I saw her walking into the wedding! I had a little Royal Wedding slumber party at my house and my one friend who came was like OMG Is that LUCY.. is this actually an episode of Timeless?!? 

She must be VERY good friends with Meghan as she was sitting in the main room and I am guessing scored invite to the 200 person reception in the evening!! 

Everyone changed for the evening Party- I wish we could see what she was wearing to that! 

I love how a bunch of people have been using photos of her from the wedding and relating it to Timeless this one cracked me up: 

https://twitter.com/malcolmbarrett/status/997897172031975424

• Love 5
(edited)

Abigail has been really quiet about the whole wedding. Apart from talking highly about her friend in a recent interview, she really hasn't said anything. No indication at all she was even still close enough to Meghan to be invited until the Suits cast dinner.  I expected her to sit in the back with them, but then low and behold she wasn't just invited she's sitting up front behind Meghan's mother.  

Edited by Stuffy
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Stuffy said:

Abigail has been really quiet about the whole wedding. Apart from talking highly about her friend in a recent interview, she really hasn't said anything. No indication at all she was even still close enough to Meghan to be invited until the Suits cast dinner.  I expected her to sit in the back with them, but then low and behold she wasn't just invited she's sitting up front behind Meghan's mother.  

Actually, that strikes me as being very typical of Abigail.  She's never come across to me as one who would name-drop (except when it comes to historical figures), so I'm not surprised that she said nothing about being invited to the wedding or being close friends with Meghan to the point that she was sitting up front with Meghan's family.  I imagine she'll be quite surprised, if not downright shocked, when she's finally able to check her timeline on Twitter and sees how fast her timeline blew up with the footage of her attendance!

• Love 1

They have to renew the show now! Their main actress just got some serious facetime to billions of people all over the world! Use that to your advantage.

She is classy AF ya'all. Not a word from her about all this. I love that about her. I do want all the gossip though. I bet the evening reception was crazy!

• Love 5

Abigail was also on Suits with Meghan - is that where they met? She played a colleague and on again / off again love interest of one of the main male characters, Harvey Spector. I loved her (and Meghan) on that show. 

5 hours ago, cam3150 said:

Abigail was also on Suits with Meghan - is that where they met? She played a colleague and on again / off again love interest of one of the main male characters, Harvey Spector. I loved her (and Meghan) on that show. 

Everyone from Suits were at the wedding.

• Love 1
(edited)

Abigail Spencer Channels Her Timeless Style Plus More Royal Wedding Looks That Gave Us Déjà Vu
DAVE QUINN May 19, 2018 01:36 PM
http://people.com/royals/royal-wedding-2018-deja-vu-fashion/

Abigail Spencer, 36, plays the spunky Lucy Preston on NBC’s Timeless, a history professor time traveling through different eras on travel missions in an attempt to stop others from disrupting a timestream. And though she wasn’t filming her show on Saturday, she still carried her character close to her — wearing a navy polka dot collared dress by Alessandra Rich that looked right out of Preston’s closet.

Case in point? This photo of Spencer as Preston in a white and blue polka-dot dress with a Peter Pan collar and puffy sleeves.

abigail.jpg&w=1100&q=85
Abigail Spencer at the royal wedding and Abigail Spencer on Timeless

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Abigail Spencer Channels Her Timeless Style Plus More Royal Wedding Looks That Gave Us Déjà Vu
DAVE QUINN May 19, 2018 01:36 PM
http://people.com/royals/royal-wedding-2018-deja-vu-fashion/

I dunno, She looked frumpy to me. The dress is matronly and her hair is messy and competing with the hat for attention. It would have worked better if her hair were pulled back in a neat bun or French roll and the hat placed a bit farther back on her head. Lady Kitty Spencer showed how one wears a facinator to best advantage.

• Love 2

I can’t imagine they aren’t required to tell the cast/writers/Sony etc. which would make it known on social media almost immediately.

NBC can basically just let the clock run out until the options of all of their contracts expire. There's no requirement on their part to notify anyone connected with the show what its status is, unless of course they need them to start filming new episodes. No news is probably not good news in this instance, but they probably figure they're in no hurry if they decide to green-light another ten episodes for next summer.

(edited)
14 hours ago, cam3150 said:

In a recent interview, when she was doing press for the Timeless, Abigail said they knew each other before Suits. They were auditioning for different parts at the same location and Abigail introduced herself.  

Edited by Stuffy
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, orza said:

I dunno, She looked frumpy to me. The dress is matronly and her hair is messy and competing with the hat for attention. It would have worked better if her hair were pulled back in a neat bun or French roll and the hat placed a bit farther back on her head. Lady Kitty Spencer showed how one wears a facinator to best advantage.

I agree about the hair and the placement of the hat.  A neater hairstyle would have shown the hat off a little better.  But the conservative, understated, almost retro style of the dress (and Abigail's purse) was actually on point for a Royal Wedding and very much in keeping with the rule of NEVER dressing in a way that draws attention to oneself and away from the bride.

• Love 2

I'm hesitant to post this because I can't confirm that its real or just speculation, but the site I always use  -  epguides.com  -  to look up episode titles and dates aired lists Timeless as cancelled/ended.

Considering nobody seems to have any confirmation from around the web or social media, I am assuming the site is assumption-based speculating, but figure I should share it regardless.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

NBC can basically just let the clock run out until the options of all of their contracts expire. There's no requirement on their part to notify anyone connected with the show what its status is, unless of course they need them to start filming new episodes. No news is probably not good news in this instance, but they probably figure they're in no hurry if they decide to green-light another ten episodes for next summer.

Ummm - all of the cast and crew are employed by NBC. If the show is cancelled - and none of them have a job to go back to - they NEED to know that. If I was just fired from my job - my employee would be required to inform me. Do they just show up to the set - and discover they've all been locked out with no warning - or a heads up?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I'm hesitant to post this because I can't confirm that its real or just speculation, but the site I always use  -  epguides.com  -  to look up episode titles and dates aired lists Timeless as cancelled/ended.

Considering nobody seems to have any confirmation from around the web or social media, I am assuming the site is assumption-based speculating, but figure I should share it regardless.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that.  Technically, the show has "ended" because the season finale aired just last week, so there are no remaining episodes to show as scheduled.  That doesn't necessarily mean that it's been canceled, though.  Until NBC makes a formal announcement, I wouldn't take anything that a third-party site says as Gospel regarding the show's fate.

2 hours ago, Glambert123 said:

all of the cast and crew are employed by NBC. If the show is cancelled - and none of them have a job to go back to - they NEED to know that. If I was just fired from my job - my employee would be required to inform me. Do they just show up to the set - and discover they've all been locked out with no warning - or a heads up?

I don't know, but I think they might be in a situation where they just don't renew the contract. It could be one of those situations where they have an option in the contract to pick it up, and if they don't want to, they just do nothing before the deadline. So technically, everyone realizes they aren't coming back because they haven't been notified.

But what I actually meant when I originally said there might not be any announcement is that there wouldn't be a PUBLIC declaration. Someone from the show would probably say something, but the network might not. NBC doesn't want to attract attention to a cancellation and may be hoping most people will just forget about it.

(edited)
17 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I don't know, but I think they might be in a situation where they just don't renew the contract. It could be one of those situations where they have an option in the contract to pick it up, and if they don't want to, they just do nothing before the deadline. So technically, everyone realizes they aren't coming back because they haven't been notified.

But what I actually meant when I originally said there might not be any announcement is that there wouldn't be a PUBLIC declaration. Someone from the show would probably say something, but the network might not. NBC doesn't want to attract attention to a cancellation and may be hoping most people will just forget about it.

NBC would be fools to do that in the face of the way this particular fan campaign has been going.  There's no way in hell the fanbase will "just forget about it."  They're already planning another Tweetstorm tonight for the timeslot that the show would be airing in tonight if a new episode were airing.  They will not give up until NBC makes a formal announcement, period.

Edited by legaleagle53

I've had the Billboard awards on in the background and have seen enough of it to know that Kelly Clarkson is hosting. Wasn't she pretty out spoken about liking the show a few weeks ago? We need her to give the show a shout out!

9 minutes ago, Mountainair said:

I've had the Billboard awards on in the background and have seen enough of it to know that Kelly Clarkson is hosting. Wasn't she pretty out spoken about liking the show a few weeks ago? We need her to give the show a shout out!

She did.

• Love 3

Having survived a Friday afternoon news dump or burying beneath the royal wedding I am actually feeling a little more hopeful. I still think it's getting canceled from NBC but maybe all this time is allowing some deal-making or shopping around to get it elsewhere. Fingers crossed.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

Sorry - I was actually replying to IMonrey - when they said NBC didn't have any obligation to tell the cast and crew if the show has been renewed or not. It's just a tv show to US - but for that cast - it's their JOB. It's the place they go to work everyday to collect a paycheck. They NEED to hear from their EMPLOYERS if they have been all fired or rehired. Just like in any job. I wasn't talking about an announcement to the public - but a private one for the cast.

9 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

For news, check Deadline first, then AV Club or TV By the Numbers.

Ummm - all of the cast and crew are employed by NBC. If the show is cancelled - and none of them have a job to go back to - they NEED to know that. If I was just fired from my job - my employee would be required to inform me. Do they just show up to the set - and discover they've all been locked out with no warning - or a heads up?

That's just not how TV shows work. First of all, the actors and crew are employed by Sony Pictures Television, not NBC. The actors, writers and producers are under contract so they are basically in limbo until the option on their contracts expires. That means they can't commit to another show until they are either officially cancelled or until those contracts expire. NBC has the leeway to wait until those options expire before announcing anything. If they wait until past that time, then the actors are free to explore other options, and if NBC decides they want to renew the show after that, they have  to re-negotiate all those contracts (and some of the actors may no longer be available). This is obviously all to NBC's advantage but that's just the way it goes in the TV biz. That's why they get paid the big bucks.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

That's just not how TV shows work. First of all, the actors and crew are employed by Sony Pictures Television, not NBC. The actors, writers and producers are under contract so they are basically in limbo until the option on their contracts expires. That means they can't commit to another show until they are either officially cancelled or until those contracts expire. NBC has the leeway to wait until those options expire before announcing anything. If they wait until past that time, then the actors are free to explore other options, and if NBC decides they want to renew the show after that, they have  to re-negotiate all those contracts (and some of the actors may no longer be available). This is obviously all to NBC's advantage but that's just the way it goes in the TV biz. That's why they get paid the big bucks.

I understand what you are saying but even though networks have the right to basically hold everyone hostage until the contract runs out (I think I read here the guess is that is sometime in June) it isn’t typical to do so when a decision has been made. If NBC has made a decision to cancel and yet has told no one who is under contract, that seems well outside the scope of what is normal procedure.  

If they are just holding on until the end of contract, it seems they would be waiting to see if they have a hole to fill that they could fill with Timeless. So in a round about way a lack of flat out cancellation could actually be as close to good news as we could have without a renewal. 

I guess it’s possible that the publicity and pressure to renew has ticked someone off and the lack of information in punitive but assuming it isn’t, I think they would actually say something to someone if it was already decided to cancel and that information would get out on social media. 

• Love 2

Maybe NBC is waiting to announce anything until Sony exhausts all options to shop the show elsewhere? Since if NBC can say "we canceled it sorry guys" and Sony can say "Look! Netflix picked it up!" - no angry fans.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, bros402 said:

Maybe NBC is waiting to announce anything until Sony exhausts all options to shop the show elsewhere? Since if NBC can say "we canceled it sorry guys" and Sony can say "Look! Netflix picked it up!" - no angry fans.

From your lips... that would be wonderful.  

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/20/2018 at 10:57 AM, Thalia said:

are their any pictures showing Spencer dressed for the reception? 

The Suits Cast Did Karaoke After the Royal Wedding Ceremony, As One Does
By Molly Horan Published on May 21, 2018
https://www.brides.com/story/suits-cast-karaoke-royal-wedding

Meghan Markle's Suits costars were among the well-dressed guests to attend her big day, but even though the actors made the guest list for the ceremony itself and the post-wedding party held in the afternoon, they didn't make the cut for the celebration's evening reception, according to Cosmopolitan UK. But that doesn't mean the group, which included Gina Torres, Patrick J. Adams, Sarah Rafferty, Gabriel Macht, Rick Hoffman, and Abigail Spencer, didn't enjoy their night. A video captured by makeup artist Rachel Renna and shared on Instagram Stories shows the Suits gang spent the evening singing karaoke.

Apparently, the karaoke sesh included one very enthusiastic rendition of "Billie Jean." Renna can even be heard saying, "They're loving this so much!" Indeed. The friends also reportedly shared a dinner as a group the night before the wedding.

The Suits stars weren't the only celebrities left off the guest list for the evening reception, which was hosted by the father of the groom Prince Charles. Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York and ex-wife of Prince Andrew, also failed to receive an invite. The party was relatively small, compared to the ceremony itself—only about 200 invites were sent out.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, bros402 said:

Maybe, but that seems awfully nice of Sony. 

It'd be much easier for them to shop the show if NBC officially cancelled it, if they don't publically announce it, all the other networks are gonna pick up shows to fill out their line up while they go around quietly trying to get it picked up. 

Silence is almost never a good thing. Unless of course your own network has plans to pick it up, but as I said before Sony has no broadcast network.