Type keyword(s) to search

Current Timeline: News and Media

3 hours ago, Randomosity said:

Yep, I can see it too.

Question: is this thread spoiler-free? Where's the line between news and spoilers? Just for my own reference. I'm trying to stay avoid spoilers this season. I don't care about the episode titles; I just don't want plot at all. I'll keep away if spoilers are to be expected here.

I don't think spoilers would be allowed here.  We have a separate dedicated thread for spoilers, so discussion of upcoming episode titles, etc. would logically belong in that thread.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

I don't think spoilers would be allowed here.  We have a separate dedicated thread for spoilers, so discussion of upcoming episode titles, etc. would logically belong in that thread.

I guess I didn't figure there would ever be full discussion of titles/spoilers/speculation here; what prompted my question is that the social media posts (like the ones with the script/chair) could, on some level, be either news or spoilers. In this case, no, we weren't supposed to be able to read the title, and I personally don't care about titles anyway. But some people might not even want to know titles, and ostensibly, a social media post added to this thread could include a title here or there, or a photo of the actors in costume, which would give away a little plot info, etc. Or even a true 'news' story could potentially give plot away - for argument's sake, say one of the actors got injured filming a scene. That's news. But what if the scene was specifically plot-related? For example, 'Goran Visnjic breaks hand in fight during Emma's death scene' or 'Matt Lanter breaks leg falling off balcony in romantic reunion with Jessica' or 'Part of set falls and injures Malcolm Barrett during battle with Lucy after she defects to Rittenhouse'. Obviously I hope nothing of the sort happens, but those examples would be news, and they also spoil parts of the plot. I just didn't know if there were official rules about the gray area of spoilers vs news. Guess I will just hope that no plot tidbits show up here in any form.

timeless-michael-rady.jpg

Michael Rady — who most recently appeared in arcs on UnREAL and Jane the Virgin — will recur on the NBC drama as Nicholas Keynes, an American soldier in World War I, TVLine has learned.

After getting badly injured during battle, Keynes is carried to a farmhouse, where he is cared for by Emma (Annie Wersching) and Carol (Susanna Thompson), who want to save his life. Though he seems helpless at first, Keynes is much more formidable than he initially appears.

Timeless Enlists Michael Rady to Recur as WWI Soldier Rescued by

• Love 1
On 11/24/2017 at 9:29 PM, legaleagle53 said:

We DO have a spoiler thread for this sort of thing.  Just saying.

Exactly my issue from earlier. Casting? Fine, that's news. Who his character is, who else he interacts with, and what happens to him? That's spoilers in my book and should be restricted to a spoiler thread or hidden.

• Love 3

It looks as though we may get a Spring premiere date after all.

Oh, and this part of the article made me laugh:

As for some of the time periods that the crew will visit, Ryan isn't saying much, but someone close to him says they'll be very cool. "They want us to keep that secret, I think we sent out a tweet once where people were able to see a script cover and they were able to figure out one, and we got reprimanded for that," Ryan tells us with a laugh. "But I will say that, my daughter, who is a huge fan of the show, I've spoiled to her a couple of the time periods, and each time she goes, 'Oooh!' I think fans will dig it. We've seen two episodes now cut, it's the show our fans love." 

That would be awesome if we get to new episodes in the spring!  I really hope they do shake up the show since that Season 1 formula had some major issues.

He looks way too young without the scruff.

Edited by Camera One
2 hours ago, Camera One said:

That would be awesome if we get to new episodes in the spring!  I really hope they do shake up the show since that Season 1 formula had some major issues.

He looks way too young without the scruff.

He played teenagers all the way up until he was 30. There's a reason why they keep him in the scruff. It's supposed to make him look the part of a rugged, experienced soldier in his late 20's/early 30's.

The fact that the scruffy look is considered sexy and "in" right now probably helps as well.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

He played teenagers all the way up until he was 30. There's a reason why they keep him in the scruff. It's supposed to make him look the part of a rugged, experienced soldier in his late 20's/early 30's.

The fact that the scruffy look is considered sexy and "in" right now probably helps as well.

But it makes him stick out like a sore thumb in eras where men were always expected to be clean-shaven, well-groomed overall and well-dressed in public and scruff was considered a sign that one was a derelict or worse.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

But it makes him stick out like a sore thumb in eras where men were always expected to be clean-shaven, well-groomed overall and well-dressed in public and scruff was considered a sign that one was a derelict or worse.

You're right, but eh. I guess the Powers that Be have decided that the sexy scruff look is necessary for his character.

I do wonder why they just don't have him grow a full beard, then.

Edited by methodwriter85
1 minute ago, methodwriter85 said:

You're right, but eh. I guess the Powers that Be have decided that the sexy scruff look is necessary for his character.

I do wonder why they just don't have him grow a full beard, then.

Because that would make him look even more out of place, especially in any period between 1920 and about 1965.  It was/is a cultural thing, especially in the United States and Western Europe -- only villains and bums had any sort of facial hair, much less full beards.

1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:

Because that would make him look even more out of place, especially in any period between 1920 and about 1965.  It was/is a cultural thing, especially in the United States and Western Europe -- only villains and bums had any sort of facial hair, much less full beards.

Again, you're right. I just think it might look better if they just went for full-beard. (The scruff doesn't bother me, but it really, really seems like a sticking point for some viewers here.)

Although the scruff look might work if they start doing more Western themed episodes, especially since this is now filming in Los Angeles.

Edited by methodwriter85
24 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Not a fan of the currently trendy scruffy look, are you?

Nope.  I never have been.  I grew up in an era when men dressed nicely, shaved, and combed their hair in the morning. In other words, when men actually took a little pride in their appearance instead of looking as though they'd just gotten out of bed.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Wow. I wonder why NBC decided to air it in the spring instead of the summer?

Maybe NBC had to can a bunch of stuff?

Or they don't have high expectations for Sunday at 10.

Or maybe they have some summer shows they want to throw ad space at instead.

On 1/22/2018 at 9:38 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Wow. I wonder why NBC decided to air it in the spring instead of the summer?

Even though its a decision that could end up being lamented, I could never be unhappy about getting new Timeless eppys sooner than expected.

Ready to jump back into the Lifeboat and go on more time hops!

• Love 3

I was wondering what that loud exclamation of joy and happiness was a few days ago.....  now I know;  it was the 'Wucy's & 'Lyatt's (the kiss in the promo).

6 hours ago, Lieutenant said:

Initial critic responses to 2.01 seem to be pretty pumped and positive overall.  No official write ups yet that I've found, but one can't help but be encouraged by the good reviews.  :)

2nd season premiere better live up to all this hype.  lol

• Love 2

Just 3 weeks from tomorrow night....  Wow, will be here before we know it.

Just for clarification;  its just a 10-episode order for the season, right?   Sucks its so short, but on the other hand, hopefully it will keep the writing and pacing tight without the extra time for wasted side-stuff.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
1 hour ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Just for clarification;  its just a 10-episode order for the season, right?   Sucks its so short, but on the other hand, hopefully it will keep the writing and pacing tight without the extra time for wasted side-stuff.

Correct.  But I wouldn't be surprised to see that order extended -- Season 1 was originally only ten episodes that got extended to 16.  Besides, a lot of good stories can be told in only ten episodes, if they're done right (and from what I'm hearing from the advance reviews of just the first episode, they are!).

• Love 2

I'm honestly still just stunned that people are talking about Lucy and Wyatt as a couple.  They are so bland and forced. But then Wyatt overall is just devoid of any real personality. It wouldn't matter who they paired him with-it would come off stale and uninteresting.  I just don't get it. 

• Love 2

Lucy and Wyatt are finally getting together on Timeless! — Shawn
Yes, they kiss, but they’re a little bit busy trying to save the world and prevent Rittenhouse from altering history to make anything immediately official. Expect some frustration in that department as early as the premiere as they come thisclose to a moment shippers have been waiting for. Alas, that kiss we see in the trailer doesn’t happen immediately, so you’ll have to be patient.

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Jessica Jones, The Blacklist, Timeless, and more

Not happy to read this. Ugh! So tired of everything having to be ship, ship, ship! Rufus & Jiya have been low key so far, but I am afraid that Wucy is going to take over the show, and I predict at least one episode where their relationship jeopardizes the mission or vice versa. Not to mention how boring they are. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Toothbrush said:

Not happy to read this. Ugh! So tired of everything having to be ship, ship, ship! Rufus & Jiya have been low key so far, but I am afraid that Wucy is going to take over the show, and I predict at least one episode where their relationship jeopardizes the mission or vice versa. Not to mention how boring they are. 

I share your sense of frustration regarding the pairing, but for another reason...  I think this just about assures that Jessica (Wyatt's dead wife) will come back now, even if for just a short time - until time travel events re-erase her from existence, or Rittenhouse 'fixes the mistake' and kills her again.  Thus the wangsty relationship trouble of breaking up W/L and then going through a time of angsty drama before coming back together through and after all the mess. 

NOT looking forward to that scenario if it plays out, like I have a feeling that it could in fact end up being the case.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I share your sense of frustration regarding the pairing, but for another reason...  I think this just about assures that Jessica (Wyatt's dead wife) will come back now, even if for just a short time - until time travel events re-erase her from existence, or Rittenhouse 'fixes the mistake' and kills her again.  Thus the wangsty relationship trouble of breaking up W/L and then going through a time of angsty drama before coming back together through and after all the mess. 

NOT looking forward to that scenario if it plays out, like I have a feeling that it could in fact end up being the case.

I would bet that this will absolutely happen. Do not like!

• Love 2
On 2/23/2018 at 6:36 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I don't see what the point would be, since Wyatt already made it clear that he's finally accepted Jessica's death, has given up trying to save her, and has moved on.  How would she be brought back if he was the only one who was ever interested in doing so?  I seriously doubt that Carol, Emma, and Rittenhouse give a damn.

3 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

I don't see what the point would be, since Wyatt already made it clear that he's finally accepted Jessica's death, has given up trying to save her, and has moved on.  How would she be brought back if he was the only one who was ever interested in doing so?  I seriously doubt that Carol, Emma, and Rittenhouse give a damn.

Brought back by accident. Maybe Wyatt gets laid in WW1 and ends up being his wife's grandfather

welp that got creepy 

It's forced but it doesn't rage me like certain other ships have.

On 2/23/2018 at 8:36 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Unfortunately shippers tend to be the loudest when it comes to feedback on shows, and it kind of seems like this show was always going to go there because networks seem to see ships seem really necessary these days for keeping an engaged fanbase. It's annoying that Rufus and Jiya have to be counted on to pitch it, though.

Edited by methodwriter85
19 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Yeah, I think even Wyatt would be the first to say, "Eww!"

if that ends up being true, or anywhere close to being true, I think I would just stop watching the show because some random crap I say at 2 AM should never come true on a show, especially when I am just thinking of the most icky thing possible

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, Toothbrush said:

but I am afraid that Wucy is going to take over the show,

Unfortunately for a minute, yes I think they will. But maybe not ? The cast is fairly large if you count the supporting players. IDK. I think five minutes of focus for them will be four minutes and 45 seconds too much, but eh. I will likely not watch live, and that is what the FFwd button is for.

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:37 AM, methodwriter85 said:

It's forced but it doesn't rage me like certain other ships have.

Unfortunately shippers tend to be the loudest when it comes to feedback on shows, and it kind of seems like this show was always going to go there because networks seem to see ships seem really necessary these days for keeping an engaged fanbase. It's annoying that Rufus and Jiya have to be counted on to pitch it, though.

Lucy and Wyatt doesn't rage me. It just annoys me. I've said before and I'll say again, a romance isn't needed on this show. The cast is fairly large and romance isn't what the show is about. Tell the time travel stories, show the adventure and drama, but I don't need a "couple" on this show. TBH I am mainly worried I'll end up hating Lucy if Lucy and Wyatt are focused on too much. I stopped watching 'Rectify" because I hated her character in that show, and Goran or no Goran, if I have to sit through "Wucy "(what a stupid name) shoved down my throat, I'll stop watching this, too. And that's sad for me because I think the Lucy and Flynn interactions are the best thing about this show. Not that I want them to be a couple, either. Perhaps there are hints here and there and the last few episodes of the final season, okay. Same with anyone else (I can tolerate Jiya and Rufus because I don't think there is any danger of them annoying me, nor of them eating the show.  But I say leave all that non essential romance and coupling to the side and focus on plot and characterization.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2