Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

Come on. These are 2-year-old girls. Let's not compare them on the prettiness scale.

Wait, what??  Being pretty isn't the be all, end all?  The prize all girls want and the losers have to "settle" for having a "good personality?" (***sarcasm intended***) And we wonder why we still see the majority of girls having unhealthy relationships with and negative feelings about their bodies, to varying degrees.  When society - including other girls! - constantly assert that "being pretty" is, for instance, to be valued above having a "good personality," that shit ends up invading young girls' consciousness, period.  Think about it... we aren't born disliking our bodies, generally speaking. We LEARN to dislike them because society tells us they don't measure up, aren't good enough, are different, etc.  

In my opinion Hazel is a cutie - and who knows what she'll grow up to look like anyway (example:  ummm, Jessa Duggar, anyone?).  Regardless of what she looks like as she grows, however, i hope that she, like all little girls, are strong enough to tell society to eff off with their completely subjective, unrealistic, air brushed beauty standards and just keep delighting in themselves - in everything about themselves. 

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, Prisonnurse said:

Why don’t they just call the show Hazel and her Sisters?  

They also do a lot of separating the identical twins from the fraternal triplets. Riley and Parker and going to have self esteem issues because they are not Hazel, and they are not identical.

• Love 6

I feel like I must be watching a different show. I don't get all the dislike for a 2-year-old. I know Hazel gets more screen time because of the physical issues she's dealt with, but I don't see why she or her parents should be dinged for that. It's a TV show. It's something different for the show other than screaming toddlers.

And I don't have a problem with Dale having a special bond with Hazel. I think whoever he had a bond with, it would be covered because Dale is fun, unlike Adam. It seems to me that the other family members have their favorites as well. Many times I've heard the cousins run in the door calling for one of the other girls.

• Love 20
On 2018-09-06 at 2:59 PM, sATL said:

What we don't know about Danielle is her past... was she a witness, in an environment, or even a past relationship (granted she met Adam early in life) where a man raised his voice - and the results were unpleasant? Or maybe she was raised that a man should never raise his voice to a woman. When she snapped back so quickly at Adam - I could see the hurt (like a shock). and made it clear she wanted Adam to change his tone.

I was proud of Adam for letting his views be known . I think it was a issue in the 1st season that he kept his feelings to himself too much. I actually did a little cheer, as I was proud of him standing up for himself, when he said it - until I saw that Danielle was hurt by his tone.

Every person handles that situation differently, if they were offended by the tone of someone. If I was offended, I know my way wouldn't have been able to be aired on a PG-rated-TLC show. without a bunch of beeps.

I was raised in a household where my parents didn’t really fight. I did consider Adam’s tone harsh mainly because he was filmed though and I kind of expect it to be like at work where you keep calm and professional. I did think it seemed more real than some things on reality shows but it is a real I don’t want to see as it makes me uncomfortable.

On the Hazel thing Danielle mentioned a different daughter was totally Daddy’s girl and would be most upset she didn’t go to the dance. I am not sure Hazel is the favourite maybe just they worry about her more and Adam is a cup half empty person so he thinks about it and talks about Hazel a lot.

Edited by fountain
6 hours ago, fountain said:

I was raised in a household where my parents didn’t really fight. I did consider Adam’s tone harsh mainly because he was filmed though and I kind of expect it to be like at work where you keep calm and professional. I did think it seemed more real than some things on reality shows but it is a real I don’t want to see as it makes me uncomfortable.

On the Hazel thing Danielle mentioned a different daughter was totally Daddy’s girl and would be most upset she didn’t go to the dance. I am not sure Hazel is the favourite maybe just they worry about her more and Adam is a cup half empty person so he thinks about it and talks about Hazel a lot.

I'm not sure Hazel's the favorite, either IRL.  What worries me is that on camera, it looks like she is, so that's what's documented forever.  I sincerely hope that off camera, everyone's feeling so loved and cozy that what's on camera is forever irrelevant.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, fountain said:

That was Parker Kate. I just saw an Insta-story from Danielle where they were at Raising Canes and Adam went to the bathroom or to go get the food or something, and PK was asking, "where's daddy" over and over until he got back. 

I really just think Hazel is shown more because of her medical condition. It makes for a story line, so there is more of a focus on her by production. That doesn't mean that's the way it is in the family. 

• Love 6

I really just think Hazel is shown more because of her medical condition

She is also the easiest to pick out of the crowd, so it may seem like she is on screen more.  I was just watching a preview of the next episode, and even from behind I could tell which one was Hazel (it was the hair that gave her away).

• Love 2
On 9/7/2018 at 6:05 PM, eel2178 said:

Riley and Parker and going to have self esteem issues because they are not Hazel, and they are not identical.

I almost wish the Hazel part were true.   I'm concerned mostly about Hazel's future if her eye problems can't be corrected perfectly and permanently.  At school, kids will be mean.

They whole thing with Parker opening the door was SO set up.   She was looking confused, like “ why did they put me here?”uuggghhh, Mimi and her depression. Does someone have to be depressed every season.  Before long they are going to be name dropping different antidepressants to get paid. 

• Love 5

I think Mimi's problems stem from losing her job of many years, moving to Houston, having a hard time finding another job, then the flood trashed her house, and Dale said her Lake Charles house flooded twice too.     Then she just doesn't know what to do next, so I can see her being upset, and stressed.  

• Love 8

ChickFilA strikes again... they must have a deal with TLC.. At first I thought it was just the Duggars..

And this family loves their pancakes... 

Maybe finally with them moving into panties we can see the quints in different clothes..well at least the bottoms.

Is Pre-Menopausal symptom(s)the root cause for Mimi's issues ? She walks into a room and immediately starts talking about the temperature difference and has mood swings. Danielle starts talking about going to therapist , but I think a GYN need to be the first stop. 2nd stop- sitting down with a resource agency to help with job retooling for those who have been displaced after years into their career. Mimi needs to realize she is not first and won't be the last over the age of 50 who lost their long-term job. Real estate is great l - but I think Mimi's financials is that she needs a full-time salary check w/ benefits coming in every two weeks - without fail (unless her plan is to draw disability). I can't believe in all of the schools in the surrounding Houston systems cannot find a job for her to do. I just did a quick google and 3 of our HS need secretaries.

My TV jumped - I didn't see the end of their dinner / conversation. They sat down , Mimi was worried about her real estate test, then it went to commercial. Next scene they were getting ready for the Space center. Odd that the twin-sisters wasn't at the dinner, as I'm sure they miss Mimi and wanted to talk to her. Giver her a hug.

Poor Astronaut Man... can't get love from the quints...don't feel bad, you're not alone.... #QunitsDoNotLikeAdultsInCostumes

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

Hold up - preview for next week... they are helping a family rebuild their home - which is good.. the right thing to do... neighbors helping neighbors, I get it..

BUT Mimi's house -which is owned by Dale/Crystal or Nick/Ashley - is still awaiting repair ?  I know waiting on insurance can be trying - and yes it was a natural disaster and contractors are busy, materials are low - but we're up to 281 days and Mimi's place is still down to the studs... 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

If I heard correctly, they didn't take the quints to the bathroom before going to Dale and Krystal's house.  Dumb.  And once there, they should have been taking them at least once an hour.  I hope the teachers are indeed potty whisperers, because Adam and Danielle seem a little bit unrealistic about it.

• Love 6

I did underwear boot camp with all 3 of my kids and we didn't go anywhere. It only took a few days, but we stayed home and basically only went potty. All day. I wouldn't dream of letting my kids have accidents on someone else's carpet. I was with Dale - "Stay on the tile!"

• Love 7

Was that telescope at the end of the episode another product placement? Just wondering because I didn't see the name on the box and I can't imagine them missing an opportunity to endorse something.

• Love 2

Do they eat pancakes for every meal? Do they have an endorsement with Aunt Jemima?  Those children live some damn syrup.  It’s like their crack.  Hazel is the oddest looking child ( it’s my opinion, I know it isn’t everyones, but OH WELL)

Edited by Prisonnurse
Added
  • Love 6

A few observations on the recent episode:

1.  Can they at least try to be a little realistic?  Who goes to a BOUTIQUE to buy underwear for little kids to take to preschool?  I can't even imagine how expensive that would be for 5 of them.  I cringed when it showed them putting the underwear on outside their regular clothes.  All I could think of was how much they would stretch out the elastic.

2.  When they go to Dale and Crystal's house.....jeez, Dale needs to watch what he says in front of impressionable children.  He kept saying stuff like, "Don't piss on my carpet" and in general just spoke inappropriately in front of the young children.  I think they even had to bleep out a few words, if I recall correctly, and this was when the kids were in the room. I know he thinks he's all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips, but I think he's pretty much a jerk.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Lesia said:

yeah, these trips to the boutiques- very unrealistic, unless they can't get permission to film at a Walmart, or Target, and conversely, the boutique wants the advertising.

I've noticed this in a lot of the TLC shows.  The either shop in a boutique or they're in a grocery store that's not named.  Either they can't film in Walmart or Target (or good God, if you're buying underwear for 5 kids, try Costco, lol) or there's some serious discount from going to boutiques for an on-camera mention.

• Love 2

I see this all the time on MTV's 16 & Pregnant.  The broke, young, single teenage mom goes to a boutique-type baby store and is looking at strollers, car seats and onesies.  Uh, why don't you go to Walmart and save probably 75% of what you'd pay at the boutique?

• Love 2

I don't doubt Danielle and Adam have differences of opinion on Hazel's eye situation, but their whole "argument" was staged. The transparency of this show is wearing on me. I did enjoy watching Adam and Blayke at the father/daughter dance, because you can't fake that kind of happiness from Blayke. She was in heaven.

Edited by IndianPaintbrush
  • Love 4

Way too much talk about potty training. Those poor girls are going to hate their parents when they get older and watch reruns of the show. I don't watch all the higher multiple shows, but the only other one I remember that focused this much on potty training was the Gosselin family, which even showed the poor kids sitting on potties. 

I'm with the poster above who said that it can be done in a week or so, just be prepared to stay home and do the reward with the M&Ms or whatever. One of my kids insisted on using the potty with the door closed, he wanted privacy. Both of mine were over 3 and I think the quints are getting close to that age in the show. 

The quints were also too young to understand the Space museum. it should have been something that Adam just did with Blayke.

• Love 2

The oldest daughter really does need more attention and focus. I know they did the daddy/daughter dance, but, to me, she seems really starved for time and attention.  She seems to just get overlooked for the little ones.  I do feel for her.  Such a sweet girl. I hope she doesn't carry this with her long term. The parent asked who wanted to do something and she chimed in, I DO! But, they just ignored her and tried to get the little ones on board.  I hope they realize this is not acceptable. 

And, the focus on Hazel...please.  The show may have their reasons for doing it, but, it's just too unfair, imo.  When we hear the name Hazel 98% of the time, others are not being recognized.  Have the parents ever addressed how you have to be sensitive to the feelings of these kids. 

I fear what is really going on with Mimi.  Does she live in the same town or far away?  I can't figure out why you would stay away from your grandbabies for 2 months, unless you have a huge reason.  I mean, 2 weeks without seeing your grandbabies would be painful.  Something is off there.  Not sure what. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

And, the focus on Hazel...please.  The show may have their reasons for doing it, but, it's just too unfair, imo.  When we hear the name Hazel 98% of the time, others are not being recognized.  Have the parents ever addressed how you have to be sensitive to the feelings of these kids. 

I didn't think I heard Hazel's name disproportionately more than the others last night. The name I noticed hearing more than the others was Ava. I think sometimes we THINK we're seeing more Hazel, but I don't think it happens all the time - mostly in the eye appointment episodes. 

• Love 7

Last night, it wasn't as much Hazel as normal, but, usually, it seems to be her considerably more than the others, to me.  And, the cameras on are on her a lot. It bothers me. I may not keep watching.  Maybe, I'm too sensitive. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

who in their right mind does a craft project with glass jars for 2 year olds?

I thought it might have gone just fine if they'd spread a sheet on the carpet and used that as the surface. The problem was dropping them onto a hard  floor from table height. Do crafts on the floor and you avoid that problem.

• Love 2

I wonder if Mimi passed her real estate exams.  If it's anything like my state, it's VERY hard.  I was shocked at how challenging they make it.  In my state, you have to pass class test, after 75 hours of classes, then pass State exam and National exam to get license.  It was tough and I already had some background in it.  Plus, you have to be very motivated and diligent.  I wonder if Mimi has any experience in that sort of thing. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
19 hours ago, camom said:

If I heard correctly, they didn't take the quints to the bathroom before going to Dale and Krystal's house.  Dumb.  And once there, they should have been taking them at least once an hour.  I hope the teachers are indeed potty whisperers, because Adam and Danielle seem a little bit unrealistic about it.

I think they are relying on the pre-school to potty train the children for them. The teacher already told them they need to be consistent at home, but their follow-through hasn't been all that great. My cousins did this with their child. The school keep telling them to send her to school in panties, and the parents insisted that the school send her home in diapers, claiming she went down for a nap as soon as she got home (which was an utter lie).  

If they are so concerned about accidents causing catastrophic damage to the floor and the furniture, then why not put them in training pants (much more absorbent than the panties they were purchasing) and put rubber pants on over them? 

Edited by eel2178
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if Mimi passed her real estate exams.  If it's anything like my state, it's VERY hard.  I was shocked at how challenging they make it.  In my state, you have to pass class test, after 75 hours of classes, then pass State exam and National exam to get license.  It was tough and I already had some background in it.  Plus, you have to be very motivated and diligent.  I wonder if Mimi has any experience in that sort of thing. 

She is working as a realtor for a major firm in Houston so I guess she did pass the test.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

yes she passed according to her LinkedIn profile ( link ) . she's with keller williams.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, eel2178 said:

I think they are relying on the pre-school to potty train the children for them. The teacher already told them they need to be consistent at home, but their follow-through hasn't been all that great. My cousins did this with their child. The school keep telling them to send her to school in panties, and the parents insisted that the school send her home in diapers, claiming she went down for a nap as soon as she got home (which was an utter lie).  

If they are so concerned about accidents causing catastrophic damage to the floor and the furniture, then why not put them in training pants (much more absorbent than the panties they were purchasing) and put rubber pants on over them? 

Which probably explains why , in their words, "Blayke was so easy to train"... same school.. probably had the same method.. Danille showed up one Monday morning with designer panties in size 3T and she was bragging all over town.

I started of my offspring in those real thick undies from family dollar (or dollar general...fred dollar, something like that)... I didn't want to invest "real undies" which usually had some cartoon on them, until we had a rhythm. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, sATL said:

I started of my offspring in those real thick undies from family dollar (or dollar general...fred dollar, something like that)...

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about, the unisex ones. We always called them training pants. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, eel2178 said:

We used to put undies on with a pull up on the outside over top of the undies.  All the wet feels with none of the mess.  

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I did underwear boot camp with all 3 of my kids and we didn't go anywhere. It only took a few days, but we stayed home and basically only went potty. All day. I wouldn't dream of letting my kids have accidents on someone else's carpet. I was with Dale - "Stay on the tile!"

That episode reminded me of the time we hosted a get together at our new (to us) house with new carpeting. One of my kids came down and said so and so peed in the hallway. He wasn’t much over 2 years old and apparently couldn’t hold it. Not going lie, I was a little miffed that his mom was so casual about taking her not pottie trained toddler to our house in undies. I didn’t say so, but I didn’t let my own kids out in the world with undies till they were trustworthy. Yes we were stuck at home, but no embarrassing accidents. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Last night, it wasn't as much Hazel as normal, but, usually, it seems to be her considerably more than the others, to me.  And, the cameras on are on her a lot. It bothers me. I may not keep watching.  Maybe, I'm too sensitive. 

Not to mention Mimi fawning over her. But I had a thought on all this Hazel business. She isn’t facially gifted. Sorry, but not all kids are cute, and I love kids, but it’s a fact. She is also the underdog with her eye issues. So my theory is everyone is overcompensating because of that. There is a bagger at a local store that is challenged and just seems like he’s always having a hard time keeping up. So I go out of my way to complement him and thank him for packing my groceries, then wish him a good day. I know I’m not his parent and he isn’t a child, but I find my self engaging more with the underdog because I feel bad for them. 

• Like 1
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The oldest daughter really does need more attention and focus. I know they did the daddy/daughter dance, but, to me, she seems really starved for time and attention.  She seems to just get overlooked for the little ones.  I do feel for her.  Such a sweet girl. I hope she doesn't carry this with her long term. The parent asked who wanted to do something and she chimed in, I DO! But, they just ignored her and tried to get the little ones on board.  I hope they realize this is not acceptable. 

I fear what is really going on with Mimi.  Does she live in the same town or far away?  I can't figure out why you would stay away from your grandbabies for 2 months, unless you have a huge reason.  I mean, 2 weeks without seeing your grandbabies would be painful.  Something is off there.  Not sure what. 

I wondered the same thing with Miami, they gave the impression that she hasn’t seen them in some time. I give Mimi a pass on a lot of her behavior, up until recently. Standing up your family that is having a party for YOUR birthday. Then skipping out on seeing your grandkids, that have previously been a huge part of your life. I hope this is all production driven and it’s not the case. 

When I was in grade school, we finally had a family move in with girls (all neighbor kids up until then had been boys) so I became fast friends with the girl my age. Mimi reminds me of her mother, very flighty and a flake, even with her own kids. One afternoon, she asked her mother if she could drop us off at the mall. The mother said, sure as soon as I get back. Hours later, I asked my friend when her mom would be taking us to the mall. The friend said probably never, that her mom didn’t usually keep her word. I was naive and shocked, because my mom didn’t lie and flake out on me, ever. I knew she would do what she said. As time went on, it become obvious how un-mom like this lady was. Even as a kid, I noticed she wouldn’t commit to anything, and her daughters patented her. I get the same impression of Danielle and the sisters...they have to parent Mimi. 

• Love 6

I'm going to be honest in that I dont really watch the show. I watch their YouTube content. So, a lot of these complaints about this one and that one being neglected or favored are just going right over my head. Mainly, because it's not true. 

I do see them constantly doing things as a family and making efforts to address all the kids. It's really a thing. The editors of the show are going to do what they will but it doesn't mean any of the kids are actually being favored or neglected. 

For many reasons, Hazel has become a audience favorite. The vast majority of YouTube comments seem to lead back to Hazel over every little thing she does. I'm sure the producers dial in on that. And she has an actual issue that they can follow instead of the quints just doing baby stuff. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

... her daughters patented her.

I know it's just a typo, but the thought of applying for a patent on your parent is really hilarious, especially if you're talking about someone like Mimi.

Edited by eel2178
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I'm going to be honest in that I dont really watch the show. I watch their YouTube content. So, a lot of these complaints about this one and that one being neglected or favored are just going right over my head. Mainly, because it's not true. 

I do see them constantly doing things as a family and making efforts to address all the kids. It's really a thing. The editors of the show are going to do what they will but it doesn't mean any of the kids are actually being favored or neglected. 

Their YouTube content is just as edited as the show itself.  It's just them doing the editing rather than TLC, so it really isn't proof positive of anything one way or the other.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I think in large families kids just won’t get the same one on one attention. I get that maybe Blayke wants more attention but she is one of six kids. I wonder if they will be giving each quint the same attention separately that they do Blayke? If they don’t plan to or can’t then I don’t really think it is fair that Blayke will always get her special time and the rest will be a collective group of 5. I guess I see it differently then others because I think Blayke is too singled out as they aren’t doing separate things with each quint so I think they are setting up a Blayke as the chosen individual child and then the rest of general group of kids. Sure it might suck to be in a family of six kids in some ways but in some ways it will be more fun. That is life. Blayke didn’t ask for 5 sisters but her five sisters also didn’t ask to be a quint either.

Edited by fountain
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

Not to mention Mimi fawning over her. But I had a thought on all this Hazel business. She isn’t facially gifted. Sorry, but not all kids are cute, and I love kids, but it’s a fact. She is also the underdog with her eye issues. So my theory is everyone is overcompensating because of that. There is a bagger at a local store that is challenged and just seems like he’s always having a hard time keeping up. So I go out of my way to complement him and thank him for packing my groceries, then wish him a good day. I know I’m not his parent and he isn’t a child, but I find my self engaging more with the underdog because I feel bad for them. 

It been discussed before , a change in glasses style would do a world of good for Hazel's appearance. I get they bought the "sturdy athletic style" b/c of her age and her sisters rough housing, which only come an a few colors. She looks like she is ready to play soccer - all of the time. But as she and her sisters get older (like next year), I hope they look into better children frames. Actually, I would think you could find frames and just get the strap (which comes close to hair color or her outfit) to attach around the head. She has pretty big blue eyes. Her hair color is beautiful - luscious long curly red locks. People pay for that hair color.

hazel.png.f59b23a2bff096e4064c2b49cea18f59.png

10 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

I get the same impression of Danielle and the sisters...they have to parent Mimi. 

Going on a controversial limb here - but when does it stop ? Good old Dale said it best at the bowling alley - "Mimi is going to have to figure that out for herself - we can't do it for her" - the housing situation and the rest of her troubles.  Even though she was employed up until the start of the show - I get the feeling Mimi had already been leaning on her daughters -who now have husbands and a growing family of  their own now. Now after the 2 job loses , she leans more, Then after the Houston flood-out, leaning even more. It very well could be , esp. from the son-in-law point of view, a line needs to be drawn. Yes, she's their mom - but there is only so much a set of adults ( 6 people are worrying about Mimi) can.. and will do. I know that is a hard pill for the 3 sisters to swallow. Maybe they can start out with an ultimatum - "mom I need you to get and remain at a full time job until age 62/65 and we will get the house repaired or move you into an apt."

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

That episode reminded me of the time we hosted a get together at our new (to us) house with new carpeting. One of my kids came down and said so and so peed in the hallway. He wasn’t much over 2 years old and apparently couldn’t hold it. Not going lie, I was a little miffed that his mom was so casual about taking her not pottie trained toddler to our house in undies. I didn’t say so, but I didn’t let my own kids out in the world with undies till they were trustworthy. Yes we were stuck at home, but no embarrassing accidents. 

Man I would be mad. I would pull out my carpet cleaner right then and pass it to the mom to shampoo the carpet. Some people may let things like their carpet get dirty but I don’t, I don’t know how people with carpet live without a shampoo machine.

The only one on the show I dislike is Adam, his downer personality is too much for me now after these years. He has a good life and seeing as how he has bulked up he has enough time for himself for a significant gym routine so I don’t know why he is so complaining and a downer all of the time. Sure potty training is a pain and your life is less fun because you have to take your kids to the washroom every hour but that is a parent’s job. The kids are in the age 3 range and that is potty training time, you cannot just wait until they are 5 so that you have more “you” time. Maybe I will just fast forward when he is on as the other adults are enjoyable enough.

Edited by fountain
  • Love 4

1. they obviously get either free or very heavily discounted items for promoting the boutique.  I agree the panties aren't very practical when purchased there, but they plugged the store, which is the end goal.

2. ChikFila catered dinner (nuggets and waffle fries) at Kiki and Dale's house - obviously a set up to get someone to pee or poop on the floor for filming purposes only.

3. I truly feel that the Mimi storyline is the only one that isn't scripted - I hope she gets the help she needs.

Congrats to Mimi on getting her broker's license.  I hope it works out for her.  I agree that it seems that she is more like the child in the relationship and her kids are like the parents, based on what I have seen on this show. I hope that her new career will bring her success and maybe, she'll start feeling better. 

I don't believe that the audience should be allowed to pick a favorite child for the family to feature as the star, nor should the family do that. Especially, when all the children are in one room at one time and there is opportunity to provide time and attention to all the kids and not just one favored over the rest. Or, to allow another family member to walk into the room and gush over one child while ignoring the others.   

• Love 3

The space museum looks awesome, but Houston is on the bottom of my list of places to visit, so oh well. (No offense to Houstonians.)

Who was saying "the astronauts will give us high fives" and "they will give us hugs".  So sweet.  Their verbal skills are amazing.  I also like " so and so made a happy plate".

I thought that they were going to lose Hazel at the space center when she was running away from the astronaut. My biggest fear would absolutely be losing one of the kids.

I am obsessed with Hazel's eye issue.  I'm so worried about her, her eyes, and her neck and body due to the side-eye.

Skipped the entire dinner with Mimi. I'd be so happy if they just did a 1/2 hour show that focused on the kids.

• Love 2