Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I’m weird, but the individual birthday outings bored me to tears.  I prefer to see them interact, as a family, doing normal family things.

My God, Danielle is such a nag.  First she bitches to Adam about missing appointments and outings.  Hey Danielle, he has to work, for now, to keep your household running.  If she can take each quint on their own birthday outing, she can damn sure take them to the dentist separately.  Then when they met up with MiMi, instead of being happy, she goes on and on about how her mom must work hard to succeed....no shit Sherlock.  I hate how the sisters talk down to MiMi....like she is their child.  And no way in hell have those girls parented their mom their whole life — MiMi did an awesome job raising all 3 girls.  And I don’t blame her for not wanting to return close to the kids, if she had failed the test, after the way they talked so horribly about her while she was there helping THEM out.  Adam and Danielle were both assholes to her.  I’m sure she saw those horrible TH’s the first season.  I would have taken a long break from those ingrates as well.

Unlike some viewers, I don’t think Danielle is very pretty.....although both her sisters are very attractive.  Adam is becoming clownlike in his over buffed body.  Cool it dude....you look ridiculous.  And buy some bigger clothes.

I didn’t see a new van?  When were they driving it?

Danielle had huge man hands, am I the only one who’s noticed?  Sometimes she’s cute , then sometimes when her hair is kind of thin and straggly looking and she isn’t made up, she looks pretty rough.   They have a YouTube video of all of them going to pick out a new van. It’s a huge conversion van with leather seats, TVs for all the kids to watch, I’m sure it was very expensive.  I don’t know what was wrong with the church van.  I guess their standards are much higher now. The truck he bought sometime last year is easily a $60,000 vehicle.  I’m surprised they haven’t had a big Olympic sized pool with a waterfall and slide put in the back yard yet   Adam will start dropping hints this winter so the pool companies can start calling with offers so they can mention the company on the show.  

• Love 7

I'm not sure if I missed something, but don't Danielle and Adam also have part ownership in the cycle studio? So if Adam was downsized or quit or whatever, he can't work there instead?

The individual outings were cute. Danielle made too big a deal of Adam not being able to be there, imo. By the way, they did the same thing on the Jon and Kate plus 8 show 10-12 years ago, so it's not anything new. It was probably suggested as a storyline by the producers. The Gosselins also went to Hawaii as a family, Jon Gosselin quit his job and then they ended up getting divorced in about season 4 of the show. Really hoping that doesn't happen to the Buzbys. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, CarolMK said:

The individual outings were cute. Danielle made too big a deal of Adam not being able to be there, imo. By the way, they did the same thing on the Jon and Kate plus 8 show 10-12 years ago, so it's not anything new. It was probably suggested as a storyline by the producers. The Gosselins also went to Hawaii as a family, Jon Gosselin quit his job and then they ended up getting divorced in about season 4 of the show. Really hoping that doesn't happen to the Buzbys. 

Jon was fired from his job for spending too much time on the internet trying to find freebies for his family. This is definitely Jon and Kate Plus 8, the sequel. Their family will eventually be run by a production company and become another Truman Show, just like the Gosselins.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Prisonnurse said:

I’m surprised they haven’t had a big Olympic sized pool with a waterfall and slide put in the back yard yet   Adam will start dropping hints this winter so the pool companies can start calling with offers so they can mention the company on the show.  

You must not be from Texas, ;-), because almost all "yards" here, including theirs, from the glimpses I've seen of it on the show, are about the size of a postage stamp.  Having moved from a place where most lots are at least an acre+, I have never been able to get used to the teeny tiny strips of grass that East Texans apparently think pass as backyards!  In fact, it's not at all uncommon for a regular sized pool to literally take up the entire backyard here, which is still soooooo odd to me every time I see one, even after living here for 8 years now.

• Love 1

Adam was supposedly a salesman at his job?, and yet he would come home from work sort of dirty looking in jeans, a T-shirt and ball cap. Seems like he would have been dressed nicer, and not gotten dirty while selling stuff? His flopping into bed with the ball cap on his head was certainly different. I think Danielle is manly looking most of the time.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

Adam was supposedly a salesman at his job?, and yet he would come home from work sort of dirty looking in jeans, a T-shirt and ball cap. Seems like he would have been dressed nicer, and not gotten dirty while selling stuff? His flopping into bed with the ball cap on his head was certainly different. I think Danielle is manly looking most of the time.

Key Account manager and Outside Sales. 11 yrs with the company. How old appx. is Adam - meaning he went from HS and move up quickly, or did he come in with experience elsewhere.

Pretty Impressive and must be lucrative (I guess he gets commission/bonuses) as he was living the good life prior to the qunits and even during the 1st season -ie before the TLC $$ started rolling in.

Here's his linkedin profile (  link )

Edited by sATL
6 hours ago, winsomeone said:

His flopping into bed with the ball cap on his head was certainly different.

I thought I caught a recent back view of his hair (no cap) for a quick second.  It looked like it has been "styled" with a kind of flap* of hair (shorter hair surrounding it) to cover an early bald spot.  I'm sure we'll catch it more often.  So he probably kept on his ball cap in that scene because his hair wasn't "just perfect."

*I watch a lot of 30s movies and the actors' hair "fixes" are odd.

• Love 1
On 9/25/2018 at 7:25 PM, Honey said:

My favorite part of the episode was the Easter bunny scaring the shit out of the kids. 

OUCH!   The family should take several pictures of that Easter bunny and talk about the pictures (and the bunny) with the kids for months BEFORE the event.  Let them get used to the idea that we "like" the Easter bunny.  It's not healthy to terrorize tiny kids.

On 9/25/2018 at 7:25 PM, Honey said:

Also, I'm not surprised that Hazel ate rabbit shit, that kid is just yuck. 

When I was a kid, our rabbits' food looked the same going in as it did coming out.  Poor Hazel (and she's just a little kid) probably tried it just like all kids with rabbits do.

Edited by Former Nun
20 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

I'm sure when Mimi went through Real Estate classes, they went over the amount of work that needed to be put in.

I think that lesson, like most other information provided to Mimi, went into her pretty little head and took a nap.  She doesn't seem to be able to focus (I wonder what and how she taught!).  She needs constant building-up, assurance, and assistance; that's not going to be available in the cut-throat* real estate business.  It takes a strong and assertive personality.  I haven't seen that in Mimi.

*I know, I know...not everyone.

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

OUCH!   The family should take several pictures of that Easter bunny and talk about the pictures (and the bunny) with the kids for months BEFORE the event.  Let them get used to the idea that we "like" the Easter bunny.  It's not healthy to terrorize tiny kids.

When I was a kid, our rabbits' food looked the same going in as it did coming out.  Poor Hazel (and she's just a little kid) probably tried it just like all kids with rabbits do.

kinda hard to so when there is Mom-as-a-Alien for Halloween, Santa Clause, Fireworks for the New Years, and Astronaut Man for a family outing before Easter.

Too bad they don't film for the 4th - Uncle Sam,  and/or Statue of Liberty, are bound to make an appearance.

Surprised they didn't have a life size Pilgrim or Tom-the-Turkey strut around for Thanksgiving.

#QunitsDoNotLikeAdultsInCostumes

Funny other than Christmas - when my offspring was 3 - I barely remembered it was a holiday. The only months for the Busbys without some kind of holiday/birthday are what - March (if Easter is in April) and August ? 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I thought I caught a recent back view of his hair (no cap) for a quick second.  It looked like it has been "styled" with a kind of flap* of hair (shorter hair surrounding it) to cover an early bald spot.  I'm sure we'll catch it more often.  So he probably kept on his ball cap in that scene because his hair wasn't "just perfect."

*I watch a lot of 30s movies and the actors' hair "fixes" are odd.

I saw that also, while he was in his truck once he bent over and I also saw a bald spot plain as day.  As vain as he is I’m sure it’s really a sore spot with him ( no pun intended).  I really wonder how long it will be before he gets a hair transplant.  I’m convinced Danielle had a tummy tuck or loose skin removal, no ones genes are that good.  I saw a news segment about a woman who had twins that she delivered early. They weighed a little under 5 lbs each.  She was insulted and made fun of when she posted a bikini pick after the pregnancy due to the loose skin on her abdomen.  She had 2 she delivered early.  Danielle delivered 5 early.  I just can’t believe her stomach looks that good after delivery, I don’t care how small the babies were, how much product she rubbed on her belly or how good her genes are.  The woman on the news program was a swimsuit model so her genes have to be pretty good too.  I think after the c section the dr took care of it for her. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Prisonnurse said:

I really wonder how long it will be before he gets a hair transplant.

He'd better do it sooner than later.  Of course, if he got it during filming, it would be FREE!   Let's see if vanity or finances win out.

7 hours ago, Prisonnurse said:

I’m convinced Danielle had a tummy tuck or loose skin removal, no ones genes are that good.

I hope she did...she deserves it.

• Love 2
On 9/26/2018 at 5:06 PM, Former Nun said:

Also...they all had their teeth brushed before going to bed the night before the dental appointment.   AND THEN...each was given a bottle of milk to take to bed.

And you can buy it like that too!       PeanutButterJelly.jpg.5dc6244992b680b626f83fde764a580e.jpg

Yeah, I didn't get that. You get their teeth nice and clean before bed, then you give them milk (which contains sugar) to take to bed.

The best part of this show was the Easter Bunny part, I highly doubt they'll be traumatized for life because of it. I love this show even though I can't stand children, I don't like them anywhere near me.

• Love 2
On 9/10/2018 at 6:33 AM, ghoulina said:

That was Parker Kate. I just saw an Insta-story from Danielle where they were at Raising Canes and Adam went to the bathroom or to go get the food or something, and PK was asking, "where's daddy" over and over until he got back. 

For some reason the Busbys appear to encourage some of the quints to be clingy, needy, or troublesome, without knowing it. I don't see that as a 'healthy' bond. Given that they've already determined that Ava is mommy's girl and how hard it is because she's the heaviest. Parker is deemed Daddy' girl and I disagreed with Adam's sudden ability to be present for Parker's outing (and Danielle declaration that Parker will only open her mouth if Daddy is at dentist. Then they encourage Riley's demands to be first or to receive extras because she's just like Adam. Why not just acknowledge and appreciate their abilities without making it an extension of, or about the parents? Can't they be unique because they just are?

• Love 10
6 hours ago, tobeannounced said:

Adam is so vain, and a cheating scandal wouldn't surprise me at all.

I was too slow to figure out all those "late meetings" and "working late" in my life--so I'm ALWAYS suspicious.   Adam uses his WIDE-EYED innocent look on us too often; I don't buy it.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Chalby said:

For some reason the Busbys appear to encourage some of the quints to be clingy, needy, or troublesome, without knowing it. I don't see that as a 'healthy' bond. Given that they've already determined that Ava is mommy's girl and how hard it is because she's the heaviest. Parker is deemed Daddy' girl and I disagreed with Adam's sudden ability to be present for Parker's outing (and Danielle declaration that Parker will only open her mouth if Daddy is at dentist. Then they encourage Riley's demands to be first or to receive extras because she's just like Adam. Why not just acknowledge and appreciate their abilities without making it an extension of, or about the parents? Can't they be unique because they just are?

I think it's Olivia that is the biggest. At birth, and now.

The separate outing for Olivia, and her standing there, unsure about what to do without her siblings, is proof that these outings needs to happen more often, not just as a birthday treat. And not to a dance studio or candy store. Just normal outings. Take ONE quint to the grocery store. Or to run an errand. They are too dependent on each other.  Especially Ava and Olivia, who besides being identical twins, share a room and were the last two to graduate to the "Big Girl" class. The other three seem to have more independent personalities.  But they could ALL use more time away from the others, even if it's just a ride to the gas station with daddy. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Honey said:

Yeah, I didn't get that. You get their teeth nice and clean before bed, then you give them milk (which contains sugar) to take to bed.

The best part of this show was the Easter Bunny part, I highly doubt they'll be traumatized for life because of it. I love this show even though I can't stand children, I don't like them anywhere near me.

and aren't they still in the midst of toilet training ? I cut of ALL liquids 1.5 hrs before bed time. In the case of extreme begging, I would allow one of those medicine cups full of water.

• Love 4
On 9/25/2018 at 8:14 PM, MissT said:

Could Adam’s jeans be any tighter?    I know he’s into looking buff, but it’s just not a good look for him.    

Does anyone notice that Adam is shirtless in most of the Youtube videos? 

• Love 1

I find the daycare place owner/director to be really annoying. 

Danielle is naturally beautiful but her personality grates and she’s become entitled. 

Her twin sisters clean up well with their bleached blonde hair, heavy makeup, and jewelry, but are not natural lookers. However, at least with Kiki, whom we see more than Ashley, she is absolutely lovely on the inside and that adds to the outside. 

Dale loves being a fan favorite and it’s gotten real old real fast. You aren’t all that (and neither is your favorite, HazelBasil.)

Mimi is embarrassing. That sums up how I feel.

• Love 6
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, Chalby said:

Not to mention, Danielle keeps saying over and over again she wants them to be treated as individuals. If she is so adamant about that, then why is she still dressing them all alike? Three-year-olds are capable of picking out their own clothes, which would help them develop their individuality. It would also help non-family members to tell them apart, which would also help give them their own identities.

Edited by eel2178
  • Like 1
  • Love 10

I agree that the quints need to dress in different colors, and should be in different classes when they get to school.     I've known a few twins over the years, and the ones that were dressed alike, and treated like the same person, didn't develop separate identities.       

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
On 9/30/2018 at 3:41 PM, eel2178 said:

Not to mention, Danielle keeps saying over and over again she wants them to be treated as individuals. If she is so adamant about that, then why is she still dressing them all alike? Three-year-olds are capable of picking out their own clothes, which would help them develop their individuality. It would also help non-family members to tell them apart, which would also help give them their own identities.

When I first started watching the show, I was just amazed that she somehow consistently managed to get five identical outfits washed and located at the same time.  Without fail, if I were trying to do that, I'd come up with four outfits found and one missing every, single, time, lol.  I also initially figured the matching outfits were done for the cuteness factor - most likely just when they are filming or going out.  But, on one episode they finally addressed it and said the main reason they dress the quints alike for now, in public, anyway, is because it makes it much easier to keep an eye on them/spot them if it's crowded....which does make sense.  Of course, I have to think some of it is because they think it's cute, but I'm not sure that's such a big problem right now as far as stunting their development of individual identifies.  Generally speaking, children don't begin to develop a more complex sense of self until about 4-5 years old.  At the quints' age, most kids have a self identify based on much more simple things than a personal sense of fashion;  for example, 2-3 yr olds' identity consists of things like, "I am so and so;  I'm a girl with blond hair and blue eyes; I like to play with Parker Kate;  I love Cinderella, etc."  As kids grow and construct a more complex self-identity, I think they naturally start to use clothes as a way to express in tangible form their internal view of themselves.  And somehow, I don't see Danielle and Adam forcing the kids to wear matching outfits forever, even as the kids howl in protest "But mooooooooooom!!!  None of the other kids at school wear matching outfits!!!"  ;-)

***Not saying that kids the quints' age don't express opinions on clothes, just that those opinions are not yet formative as to a self-identity nor indicative of an advanced level of self-awareness - normally.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 7

Someone please explain to me how someone can quit their job because they are “missing out” on watching your kids grow-up? I realize they are getting money from the show and the cycle studio. But guess what? We’ve all missed out on some things when our kids grew up because we were responsible adults putting food on the table for our family! And a lot of us needed BOTH parents working!

• Love 15

He's stupid for wanting to quit his job and have his own business to not "miss out" on the quints growing up. Doesn't he realize that working for yourself usually always means working way more than working for someone else? And his kids aren't going to one day say "why wasn't dad at this event, that event?". My dad didn't come to most of my stuff, and I frankly didn't even think about it. He worked. Then Adam doesn't know what he wants to do, but knows he wants his own business? Sounds like he hasn't thought anything through. 

• Love 11

The medical insurance is the worst part.     Even if they go for an independent plan that they're with now, it will probably cost a lot.      I think the reason they didn't go to the previous doctor was he moved out of the coverage area, and maybe out of the group network.   This doctor moves to Austin, then the same thing will probably happen, depending on the insurance plan they changed to.      I will resent Hazel's eye issues being a cliff hanger for the show, if that's what they're doing.    I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  

OK, does anyone think that the airlines and airport won't rush the entire group, between flights, and hold the aircraft to Hawaii if necessary?   They would have had a bunch of the giant golf carts lined up, and people waiting to help.       What kind of fools let five kids that age loose in the airport? Hold the kids hands, not your snacks.     Why don't they pick the kids up in the airport?    Letting all of those kids run loose is ridiculous.   

OK, 'last boarding' and the plane was empty?   Shenanigans again.    Why do the girls need p.j.'s for naps?   And the girls got dressed in matching outfits, all by themselves?   Shenanigans again.   

Who takes all of those kids to the beach, and doesn't assign each one to an adult?     Total idiots that's who. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The medical insurance is the worst part.     Even if they go for an independent plan that they're with now, it will probably cost a lot.      I think the reason they didn't go to the previous doctor was he moved out of the coverage area, and maybe out of the group network.   This doctor moves to Austin, then the same thing will probably happen, depending on the insurance plan they changed to.      I will resent Hazel's eye issues being a cliff hanger for the show, if that's what they're doing.    I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  

OK, does anyone think that the airlines and airport won't rush the entire group, between flights, and hold the aircraft to Hawaii if necessary?     What kind of fools let five kids that age loose in the airport at check-in?    Hold the kids hands, not your stacks.     Why don't they pick the kids up in the airport?    Letting all of those kids run loose is ridiculous.   

I was thinking the same thing when they were checking into the airport and getting on and off the plane. Each kid should have been carried by an adult. It would have been much quicker and efficient. 

• Love 5
Just now, Mollysmom said:

I hope the hotel has good soundproofing between the rooms. I would HATE to be staying next to their room full of 5 screaming kids every night. 

I would change rooms and make the hotel compensate me.

• Love 5

OUCH,  the quints on meltdown was pretty gruelling to watch.  I sure hope they weren't like that a lot of the vacation.  I've heard three is way worse than the terrible two's!

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, endure said:

I ❤️ Hazel's little mouth.

I love watching them even when they are acting up.I love how Adam is a good dad and i was glad to see Parker got alot of attention this episode. I would tie Riley to me with a rope or something ?? 

• Love 7

I'm sure with their family size, and when Adam has the business established legally, they'll qualify for some of the HMO packages that their preferred hospital system offers. 

If the Busbys are smart, then they'll take every penny they make from the show, and anything else they get actual money for, and pay off the house, and the second mortgage they took out to finance the cycling studio.     Having a house that's paid for will take a lot of the economic pressure off for day-to-day expenses.    Then they can concentrate on their retirement funds, and college funds.       That was one of the Gosselin's big failures, they paid the bare minimum on houses, and never paid anything off.    They need to remember that spinning is the in thing, but who knows when the next competition will open up locally, or when people get sick of spinning, and switch to something else.   

• Love 4

I agree what was predicted last week - he was getting downsized - or felt he was getting downsized. Must got a big severance and didn't have to sign a non-recompete document. . Either secretly or publicity - that had another plan in the works for income. 

Danielle is grinning he gave 2 weeks notice. I just don't see anyone spouse being that calm and happy looking when the stability rug was pulled out from under you b/c the other spouse missed a pony ride, dancing with streamers, making pasta dough and routine dentist appt. And they are 3 - he was more needed at home when they were infants.

Mimi went to Hawaii ??? and she just started a new job? During the rise of the selling/buying season - ie spring ; people want to be in their new home by the time school starts in the fall..hmmm

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, sATL said:

I agree what was predicted last week - he was getting downsized - or felt he was getting downsized. Must got a big severance and didn't have to sign a non-recompete document. . Either secretly or publicity - that had another plan in the works for income. 

Danielle is grinning he gave 2 weeks notice. I just don't see anyone spouse being that calm and happy looking when the stability rug was pulled out from under you b/c the other spouse missed a pony ride, dancing with streamers, making pasta dough and routine dentist appt. And they are 3 - he was more needed at home when they were infants.

Mimi went to Hawaii ??? and she just started a new job? During the rise of the selling/buying season - ie spring ; people want to be in their new home by the time school starts in the fall..hmmm

No, she didn't. They were talking about how they wished she would have come, but she was working or something. They had a whole discussion about how impressed they all are that she is going through with the Realtor job. 

• Love 5

Ok, I just watched the Hawaii episode.  Couple of things.  I don't know where I read it but a few savvy fans did some research and found out that the company that Nick, Dale, and Adam work for was sold and it merged into the company that bought them.  Evidently the new company kept Nick (duh), and laid off Dale and Adam.  Apparently Dale has already found a new job.  So, that entire story line about Adam was all made up by TLC.  I think TLC have collectively lost their minds.  Side note - don't forget TLC tried to sell us on the idea that Danielle might be pregnant because Adam missed the follow up from his vasectomy.  Really???  How is this possible when Danielle couldn't get pregnant on her own plus Adam had a vasectomy?  I'm so pissed because this show now really sucks.  Thanks a lot TLC.  I just want to see the quints for gosh sake.  I like the entire extended family a lot but I don't tune in to watch them.  I tune in to watch the quints.  Period.  We went from the quints getting most of the air time to following the adventures of Adam and Mimi, more or less.  Another great show bites the TLC dust.  PS...Since Adam was laid off he's entitled to health coverage from his former employer for up to 18 months.  It's the law.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ehall1052 said:

Someone please explain to me how someone can quit their job because they are “missing out” on watching your kids grow-up? I realize they are getting money from the show and the cycle studio. But guess what? We’ve all missed out on some things when our kids grew up because we were responsible adults putting food on the table for our family! And a lot of us needed BOTH parents working!

I think between their TLC income, advertising on their itsabuzzworld website, and their Youtube channel they are making plenty of money. I don't really think Adam has another career that he wants to launch. He will just spend his time working their on-line presence.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, trackrat59 said:

Ok, I just watched the Hawaii episode.  Couple of things.  I don't know where I read it but a few savvy fans did some research and found out that the company that Nick, Dale, and Adam work for was sold and it merged into the company that bought them.  Evidently the new company kept Nick (duh), and laid off Dale and Adam.  Apparently Dale has already found a new job.  So, that entire story line about Adam was all made up by TLC.  I think TLC have collectively lost their minds.  Side note - don't forget TLC tried to sell us on the idea that Danielle might be pregnant because Adam missed the follow up from his vasectomy.  Really???  How is this possible when Danielle couldn't get pregnant on her own plus Adam had a vasectomy?  I'm so pissed because this show now really sucks.  Thanks a lot TLC.  I just want to see the quints for gosh sake.  I like the entire extended family a lot but I don't tune in to watch them.  I tune in to watch the quints.  Period.  We went from the quints getting most of the air time to following the adventures of Adam and Mimi, more or less.  Another great show bites the TLC dust.  PS...Since Adam was laid off he's entitled to health coverage from his former employer for up to 18 months.  It's the law.  

yeah... but at what cost ? 8 people on COBRA ?

Sorry - I'm a little old fashioned when you have youngins' and/or a large family. Yes, its the American dream to own your own business. And  yes, there are layoffs, RIFs, and folks quit jobs. But in some cases - the plan needs to be get decent group health coverage asap - not just ride out the 18 months of COBRA premiums. I see Dale hit the pavement quick and found a new job.

Side note #2 - Cajun Christmas... The Christmas that never was...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Mollysmom said:

No, she didn't. They were talking about how they wished she would have come, but she was working or something. They had a whole discussion about how impressed they all are that she is going through with the Realtor job. 

Good to hear . Way to go Mimi !  May you one day get to Hawaii and may it be a peaceful and stress free vacation.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6