Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Hindsight

• Start Topic

Again, I believe it's totally half-hearted, but I think she does it to look good. I see Adumb the same way. He wants to LOOK like the devoted dad

Agree with this completely. I see no difference between Adam and Jenelle. Either of these two could have had a much better custody arrangement without lawyers or court time at any point over the last 6 years. They just didn't want to put in the effort of staying sober, not getting arrested, paying child support, getting a steady job, etc- they just wanted to throw money at a lawyer because they cared a lot more about looking like they were actually involved than actually being involved.

• Love 6

Yeah, I think we as humans naturally want a "good guy/girl" in any narrative, and a villain. It's hard to reconcile Corey's good job as a dad with his heartbreaking infidelity..

TBH, I would be more then willing to over look Leah's cheating ways if she was a better mother and person, like Corey has proved to me to be. I think cheating sucks and while it doesn't say much about a person's character, it is certainly not the worst sin a person can commit. Being a hypocrite,  liar, abusive, cruel, etc. are a lot worse and sadly, very common traits among most of these TM2 cast. In some ways I think Corey, Miranda, Chelsea, Cole, Barb, Jo and Vee get a lot of slack cut for them because they are the best of a pretty terrible bunch of people.

I think he handled it by taking out of town jobs on purpose to get a much needed breather from her. Leah could sense his distance, which just made her needier and even more exhausting, which only pushed Jeremy away further.

I think it is very possible that Jeremy took jobs to get away from Leah. OTOH, I also remember it being that the best paying jobs were the ones that took him out of town, and we know that Leah liked bragging about his income. So again, it is hard for me to put much blame on Jeremy when Leah was sitting at home on her ass getting two six figure incomes a year to live off of. Hell, my sister and I joked once that if either of our husbands' stood to make then kind of cash Jeremy did for a few weeks working out of town, we would be packing their bags before they finished telling us about it lol. But in Leah's world a man should provide for her and yet be around 24/7.

• Love 10

One thing Leah did say- before any cheating ever came to light, is when he was out of town, he wouldn't respond to her calls or texts but she could see he was on Facebook or Twitter or whatever. It may have been financial but I also think he jumped at the chance to get away from her.

• Love 5

Adam: "I have a job! I bought a house! I got my driver's license back! That's proof that I'm a responsible parent! Give me custody!"

Everyone else on earth: "... What?"

Seriously. Welcome to adulthood. You don't get a ticker tape parade for maintaining a job more than 6 months.
  • Love 3

My theory on Leah is this: I think she's depressed, and attention from guys temporarily lifts that depression. Or maybe it's more accurate to say it distracts her from her depression. Long before she was abusing actual painkillers, I think this was her original painkiller.

I was really wondering if this was why she seemed relatively happy/normal at her dinner with Jeremy, at least at the beginning of it. Attention from a guy! Even better that it's the father of one of her girls (oh and someone else mentioned, also the $$).

• Love 2

If Adam's doing so well for himself and cares so much about getting custody of Aubree, why doesn't he step up and pay more than the bare minimum child support? Why doesn't he see his child for more than one day when his parents have her? And when he does see her, why doesn't he engage with his kid instead of just concentrating on his phone and his meathead friends? He's all talk and no action.

• Love 8

Adam: "I have a job! I bought a house! I got my driver's license back! That's proof that I'm a responsible parent! Give me custody!"

Everyone else on earth: "... What?"

So true!  Also, is it just me or did he seem less than enthusiastic about that house? I mean it's your first house, usually you're kind of excited about it and wanting to show it off. His attitude to me was more like "I had to buy a house. Here it is."

• Love 2

Cheating is a hypocritical act and the equivalent of lying. It can also be considered cruel imo.

I do think Leah has been vilified in that she is known as and referred to as "a cheater." That is justified. But Corey being a good dad does not make him less of a cheater. He is one. He might not be a bad PERSON, but he was as unfaithful as Leah, if not more so. Leah is a bad mother, yes. But that's unrelated. It's not a matter of comparison.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 5
I think it is very possible that Jeremy took jobs to get away from Leah. OTOH, I also remember it being that the best paying jobs were the ones that took him out of town, and we know that Leah liked bragging about his income.

Yes, I have little sympathy for Leah and her complaining about Germy working far away. She knew full well what his job entailed when they first got together, and was actually quite proud of it. Plus, she was spending them into the poorhouse with her Mary Kay, frontloaders, and drugs. I don't blame him for taking the best paying jobs, even if they were further away. Not only did he need to replace what Leah spent, but if he got hurt or was laid off for awhile, he'd need a nest egg. 

• Love 2

I don't think people are excusing Corey for cheating as much as people just don't know about it. A number of posters are commenting that they didn't know about it. Leah admitted to cheating on Corey on both 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom. And the gossip sites published Deercamgate. Although I fully believe it happened, neither Leah nor Corey have gone on official record saying what happened, and the only reference I've seen is Leah's vague comments on the reunion show, which Corey did not dispute. If someone missed that episode, they would not know about it.

And, while Corey is just as guilty of being unfaithful multiple times, he has evidently made some sort of amends to Miranda. Perhaps Leah has privately acknowledged to Jeremy that she did it and apologized, but we don't know that.

• Love 2

I think that Jeremy simply got with Leah because he knew she was on tv show- and that was the main attraction. I do not think he ever really cared about her or even tried to know her - once he started to know her he ran away. I also think Jeremy is the type of guy who will never be faithful to any girl and will get married many times unless he finds a girl that is willing to look the other way kinda like Miranda does. 

I think that Jo will always care about Kail and I think she will him. Not to say I think they will ever be together again or that he does not love Vee but I see a softness in his face and hear it in his voice when he talks about Kail even when he is really mad at her. I also think she will always have that spot in her heart for Jo - but unlike him I think she resents him for moving on and really wanted to only be with him nobody else but he forced her hand. I also think she talks to Jo more than what is shown or the producers know - I do not think she want Javi to know because he will flip and does flip as he too sees the deeper connection that those two will always have and it makes him crazy.

I also agree with the poster who said that they think Corey would have a hard time staying away from Leah if she had her s--t together - for what ever reason he seems like he has an itch with her that isnt scratched . But will not even go there with her all f-ed up that seems to repulse him. 

Now on to Chelsea and the Adam and Cole thing- I agree with most the posters that say she is out of line with the pushing Cole and non stop Adam is a dick thing- I also wondered something else when Aubrey was saying that her Dad doesnt play with her it took me to my visits with my Dad when I was her age and you know what my Dad never played with me either (other than a little teasing for a few minutes here and there) but then neither did my Mom and it hit me that this was fine I understood that the adults were busy providing a home and doing what needed to be done to maintain it. They were not my entertainment centers. Then I thought about something else which is what and who were the types of adults that did play with kids when I was young and you know what - they were usually not normal and or up to no good with the kids that was why they spent so much time with them. I hope that they never let their guard down with Cole because it is their job to protect Aubrey and he should understand any scrutiny he gets because its got to be an open discussion instead of he is the wonderful angel savior that has come to take Chelsea and Aubrey to his kingdom of unicorns and rainbows for the rest of their days. Also his little baby voice with Chelsea is really annoying - its bad enough she does this weird thing all the time but to have to see him do it and more than her is really creepy- what guy does that ? I think a guy that is trying to hide behind this voice for what ever reason usually not good though.Can you imagine if they have babies and talk like this around said child from birth - yikes. I want to buy into this fairy tale because I would like to see Chelsea and Aubrey happy and safe but my radar is up with him big time. 

Lastly - I know everyone is going to go crazy but I have to ask if anyone else thinks aside from all his stupidity that Adam is really hot for some reason? I dont know why but his body is great too many tatoos but there is something that is hot as hell- cant help myself even my other half laughs at me. So go ahead and do the same I just cant help it with him. 

• Love 2

I watched Chelsea's 16 and Pregnant episode the other day. Adam has not changed one iota. He was a self centered, verbally abusive uncaring man child then too. It broke my heart to see how many times he'd tell Chelsea to "stop being stupid" or "you're so annoying" or "why are you so dumb?". I'm just glad she has enough together and sufficient self esteem to not fall into the trap of being with men like that again and again. Yes, it took her a long time to free herself from him, but she did take her time, put her child first, and found a good man. I thought she and Cole were ridiculously cute on their trip and "wait, take a picture with these starfish on my boobs" made me laugh. Is Chelsea the only one of these girls who isn't constantly jetting off on vacation to deal with the "stress"? She is far from perfect but I wish her nothing but the best.

I watched it the other day too.   It was the first time I'd seen it, and I was horrified. I'd read about it, but I still wasn't prepared for how cruel he was to Chelsea.  When Randy talked to him about stepping up, he spewed the same crap he's still spewing. He's all talk and no action.   The way he treated Chelsea and his disinterest in Aubree were painful to watch.  Good for Chelsea for moving on with her life, I hope she and Cole have a wonderful marriage.

• Love 8

I think that Jeremy simply got with Leah because he knew she was on tv show- and that was the main attraction. I do not think he ever really cared about her or even tried to know her - once he started to know her he ran away. I also think Jeremy is the type of guy who will never be faithful to any girl and will get married many times unless he finds a girl that is willing to look the other way kinda like Miranda does.

I think that Jo will always care about Kail and I think she will him. Not to say I think they will ever be together again or that he does not love Vee but I see a softness in his face and hear it in his voice when he talks about Kail even when he is really mad at her. I also think she will always have that spot in her heart for Jo - but unlike him I think she resents him for moving on and really wanted to only be with him nobody else but he forced her hand. I also think she talks to Jo more than what is shown or the producers know - I do not think she want Javi to know because he will flip and does flip as he too sees the deeper connection that those two will always have and it makes him crazy.

I also agree with the poster who said that they think Corey would have a hard time staying away from Leah if she had her s--t together - for what ever reason he seems like he has an itch with her that isnt scratched . But will not even go there with her all f-ed up that seems to repulse him.

Couldn't agree more on your assessments of Jeremy and Corey. Corey seems like he knows he SHOULD only be into Miranda, but Leah has had some hold on him for a long time. Now we know why she also won't let them meet alone...clearly that's when it happened, when they were meeting about "the girls." It must be so triggering for Miranda every time Leah wants to meet up.

Not about Jo, though. He seems like he couldn't be more over Kailyn if he tried.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 3

One thing Leah did say- before any cheating ever came to light, is when he was out of town, he wouldn't respond to her calls or texts but she could see he was on Facebook or Twitter or whatever. It may have been financial but I also think he jumped at the chance to get away from her.

I think that was a teeny tiny bit of truth there. Leah called or texted him, but she did so at 2 and 3 in the morning because she was wide awake. Addiction will do that to people.

• Love 1

Couldn't agree more on your assessments of Jeremy and Corey. Corey seems like he knows he SHOULD only be into Miranda, but Leah has had some hold on him for a long time. Now we know why she also won't let them meet alone...clearly that's when it happened, when they were meeting about "the girls." It must be so triggering for Miranda every time Leah wants to meet up.

Not about Jo, though. He seems like he couldn't be more over Kailyn if he tried.

Totally agree. In fact, Jo seems to have a pretty good measure of Kail now. He said in the last episode that he wants the two of them, along with Vee and Javi, to have a good co-parenting relationship. And he keeps thinking they've achieved that, but then Kail goes right back to being her nasty self and ruins it. I completely understand why he had no patience for her walking in and saying "You need to get it together" because he was wearing sweats. He knows her game now and he doesn't wanna play it.

• Love 5

Agree with this completely. I see no difference between Adam and Jenelle.

One is a mother the other one is a father.  One child has a full time mother and 4 full time grandparents.  The other only has a single grandmother stretched to the limit.   Two very separate situations.  Adam is claiming he is trying to go straight, has made sure he can have no more children and is working.    Jenelle is on to her 5th live-in boyfriend and making excuses about why she can't take care of her oldest child or why she can't work.    The only comparisons are that no one likes them. 

• Love 8

One is a mother the other one is a father. One child has a full time mother and 4 full time grandparents. The other only has a single grandmother stretched to the limit. Two very separate situations. Adam is claiming he is trying to go straight, has made sure he can have no more children and is working. Jenelle is on to her 5th live-in boyfriend and making excuses about why she can't take care of her oldest child or why she can't work. The only comparisons are that no one likes them.

I think they are similar in that they both are more interested in appearing to be an involved parent than actually being an involved parent. Just my opinion.

• Love 10

I think they are similar in that they both are more interested in appearing to be an involved parent than actually being an involved parent. Just my opinion.

I don't even think Jenelle tries to act interested in Jace anymore.

• Love 2

Exactly Tatum. Jenelle and Adam are only acting like they want their kids full-time when in fact, it is just the two of them playing up to the cameras. I will go further by pointing out it is Adam's parents who are the ones who want the grandchildren in their lives a lot more IMO. Adam would do it to apoease them as well as to have control over Taylor and Chelsea. It is the ultimate win he seeks, not the reward of being a father to these children and spending time with them. Same with Jenelle. Children are the ultimate weapon and pawn. Nothing like using your child to force a guy to stay with you. When that guy leaves, she refuses him visitation unless it is on her terms. Adam wants visitation on his terms. These two hate being told what to do.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

So Jo doesn't like the "military lifestyle"? He says it so dfisparingly like its akin to a criminal lifestyle or something similar. I think Javi is an asshole, but there is nothing we g with being in the military. It's not a negative lifestyle. Listen asswipe the fact that there is military who is out there protecting your ass around the world is something you should be grateful for. It allows you to sit at home on your lazy unmotivated ass. I hope he catches a lot of shit over that comment. He was out of line.

where/when did he say this? on the after show or? 

• Love 1

One is a mother the other one is a father. One child has a full time mother and 4 full time grandparents. The other only has a single grandmother stretched to the limit. Two very separate situations. Adam is claiming he is trying to go straight, has made sure he can have no more children and is working. Jenelle is on to her 5th live-in boyfriend and making excuses about why she can't take care of her oldest child or why she can't work. The only comparisons are that no one likes them.

I agree that Adam is working and hasn't had more kids since the 2nd, but he has a similar record with girlfriends and doesn't seem interested in his children except to impress.

Also, the mother/father distinction makes absolutely 100% zero difference. Two people create a kid, they're both equally responsible.

• Love 1

I watched it the other day too.   It was the first time I'd seen it, and I was horrified. I'd read about it, but I still wasn't prepared for how cruel he was to Chelsea.  When Randy talked to him about stepping up, he spewed the same crap he's still spewing. He's all talk and no action.   The way he treated Chelsea and his disinterest in Aubree were painful to watch.  Good for Chelsea for moving on with her life, I hope she and Cole have a wonderful marriage.

Yep, Chelsea's come a long way. 

• Love 2

I don't have kids, but if I did, my first priority would be to keep them safe.  From everyone.  And, that means their father, if the father made stupid questionable decisions.  Over the years Adam has had DUIs, driven without a license and had a massive car crash.  He's now brought Aubree around a sex offender.  Who knows what else he has done that the public isn't aware of.  While I can understand that you wouldn't normally question a child beyond "how was your visit with dad? did you do anything fun?" in this case, I can't help but be on Chelsea's side.

Adam has demonstrated time and again that he has no regard for Aubree's safety, and when asked (reasonably) to follow some basic rules, he doesn't.  That's how he ended up with supervised visitation.  Even with the supervised visits, he's still putting her at risk, and the only way that Chelsea can protect her is to know what is happening.  If I were in her shoes, I'd be asking the same questions, because at the end of the day, it would be my job to make sure she was safe.  Period.  And if her father won't do it, I'd take the steps needed to do it (supervised visits, then going back for more restrictions if needed).  Later on if I had to explain to my child why I did all of that? Well, I'd have an alive, safe child that was maybe mad at me.  But, alive and safe are the key words.  Mad I can live with if the others are there.

• Love 9

TBH, I would be more then willing to over look Leah's cheating ways if she was a better mother and person, like Corey has proved to me to be. I think cheating sucks and while it doesn't say much about a person's character, it is certainly not the worst sin a person can commit. Being a hypocrite,  liar, abusive, cruel, etc. are a lot worse and sadly, very common traits among most of these TM2 cast. In some ways I think Corey, Miranda, Chelsea, Cole, Barb, Jo and Vee get a lot of slack cut for them because they are the best of a pretty terrible bunch of people.

I think it is very possible that Jeremy took jobs to get away from Leah. OTOH, I also remember it being that the best paying jobs were the ones that took him out of town, and we know that Leah liked bragging about his income. So again, it is hard for me to put much blame on Jeremy when Leah was sitting at home on her ass getting two six figure incomes a year to live off of. Hell, my sister and I joked once that if either of our husbands' stood to make then kind of cash Jeremy did for a few weeks working out of town, we would be packing their bags before they finished telling us about it lol. But in Leah's world a man should provide for her and yet be around 24/7.

But I remember Leah telling him, more than once, that he didn't NEED to work those jobs, sorta implying that their money from MTV was enough. She even told him she'd rather have less money and have him around. Considering how much these people get paid, I think Leah's real thing was, "Why do you continue to take these jobs if we're making all this money from MTV?" 

I think that was a teeny tiny bit of truth there. Leah called or texted him, but she did so at 2 and 3 in the morning because she was wide awake. Addiction will do that to people.

so does anxiety. 

• Love 2

Long time Lurker, just had to leave a comment to snark as well.

I saw one episode where Janelle says she is now studying for some other health related crap.

I'm trying to think what kind of career would be really feasible for this chick after this whole MTV thing is over. And I think I have it.

She should be a Pharma Sales Representative. You only need a high school degree (her healthcare studies might give her a leg up in the hiring process). She's safely away from patients but still working in 'healthcare'. She gets to travel around a lot (thus stay away from her kids with a good excuse). She can use whatever sex appeal she has left to sell her products, eg. dressing up like she goes to court in high heels, but instead to meet doctors and eat dinner with them (and maybe more to seal the sales deal).

Maybe with some luck she can bang several dermatologists making 400k/yr and get pregnant and claim child support in states like NY or CA where there's no limit. See www.realworlddivorce.com for examples per state of how that stuff can play out.

Leah is hopeless. She will never get a job. Hence the reason why she is insanely freaked out with losing custody - she'll be the one paying child support instead of the baby daddies. Once the MTV money runs out, she will just have to keep finding baby daddies. Or do porn.. but she is looking harsh these days.

Edited by BabyDaddy
  • Love 7

I guess it has been forgotten Jeremy and Leah were in a financial bind and that was one of the many reasons why Jeremy had to seek work that paid more $$$.

Am I the only one who remembers Leah bitching about the need for a ranch home which needed to be supplied with a swimming pool and horses? Where the hell did Leah think the money was going to come from if Jeremy did not pull in a bigger income? How were horses going to be purchased and cared for? Leah's money? LOL That girl was wasting her money on stupid business ventures such as the tanning salon business. Then there were the many visits to the tanning salons, manicures, pedicures, hair salon visits, she spent money on $300 purses and other designer items, vacations out of state, oh, and her drug addiction.

Then, there was the tax problem Leah found herself in. It was mentioned by Jeremy on the show how they were behind on paying their back taxes.

Mary Kay - $$$$...the new washer and dryer that cost an outrageous amount...Leah does not even wash clothes. Money thrown away.

The fleet of new cars Leah had been shown driving. Those vehicles are gas guzzlers. More wasted money. Leah was using those vehicles for holding her piles of trash, not for Ali's wheelchair. Oh, and to do her weekly drug run.

I can only imagine what their credit card bills were like. Leah probably maxed them all out.

So yeah, Leah telling Jeremy he did not need to leave out of town for work was a joke when this bitch was spending $$$ like it was coming out of her skanky ass.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9

Also, the mother/father distinction makes absolutely 100% zero difference. Two people create a kid, they're both equally responsible.

Except in real life most primary care givers are mothers. There are some fathers who stay home with their kids as the primary but it's still not the norm in the United States. None of the Teen Moms work full time.

• Love 1

Children are the ultimate weapon and pawn. Nothing like using your child to force a guy to stay with you.

I think this is a big part of why Chelsea is so hellbent on putting Cole in the daddy role so soon. We can see how it's been working out for kail these days so she might want to back off a tad bit.

• Love 4

I have no doubt in my mind that Chelsea genuinely loves Aubree and wants her to feel loved and treasured by EVERYONE in her life. No, Chelsea doesn't trust Adam (for good reason, she's not being spiteful given his history), but there's a fine line between inquiring as to Aubree's safety/well being and "grilling her" regarding Adam. Children are very intuitive AND children know their parents, it's no secret to Aubree how her Mom feels about Adam but children don't need to be burdened with adult issues. I don't think Chelsea is a bad mother or a bad person but this is an area she will need to keep working on.

I also know children will love the people that love THEM regardless of biology, custody etc. If Cole does love Aubree and parents her after he and Chelsea are married he will have that role in her life. Many people have great relationships with their parents AND step-parents.

Personally I've always felt that Adam only started on the custody thing with Aubree because his parents prodded him to.

I could see that. I can also see that Adam wants to be a "parent" when it suits him; fun and pride but no responsibility. Aubree's grandparents love her and from what we have heard from Randy and Chelsea, Aubree only benefits from having a strong relationship with them. Adam will reap what he sows regarding his relationship with his children.

• Love 3

Am I the only one who remembers Leah bitching about the need for a ranch home which needed to be supplied with a swimming pool and horses? Where the hell did Leah think the money was going to come from if Jeremy did not pull in a bigger income? How were horses going to be purchased and cared for? Leah's money?

Oh you're not the only one. And she "needed" all that stuff for Ali.

The even sadder thing to me is she got all of that with the possible exception of the pool. They moved into an accessible home on a small ranch like property and they did get a pony. I forget which ones but one of the sets of grandparents got it. Of course, unfortunately for Leah that property was shared with Jeremy's parents, hence her getting busted by the deer cam.

where/when did he say this? on the after show or?

I distinctly remember it but not whether it was on the show or aftershow. I'll see if I can find it.

• Love 2

I can't believe I'm watching this stuff again, but what the heck. I enjoyed the aftershow "All About the Dads" particularly because it seemed more honest and sarcastic than the usual. Apparently (from things posted earlier) it wasn't as honest as it seemed, but it did seem like it was more than the usual show/aftershow.

Uncle Dave was freaking creepy. More than I even thought originally. He was super quick with that porn star name answer - took him longer to think of his beer and ice bucket list. I also don't understand how Jenelle's blocked Nathan from her phone or changed her number or whatever and yet gets pissed off that he isn't contacting her. What??

Jeremy's face when they said something about how his dinner with Leah looked nice was priceless. It said something like "Seriously? Did you see the same dinner?"

Corey - bwahaha Leah calls due to flat tire and he'll go get the kids and leave her there. I know he wouldn't, but his answer was hilarious.

Jo - interesting that he said his nickname growing up was "Casper" because he was so white compared to the other Puerto Ricans around him. I found it interesting and a little odd considering some of the stuff Kail's said about her kids should look "white." Also funny, Jo must have gone right after "Uncle Dave" had revised his answer on the cell phone in the toilet question because he was so over the top about "I'm gonna give him a round of applause and some ice cream, call the insurance company, and get a new phone - I love you Isaac."

Adam - OMG so gross. He just gets grosser to me.

----

I can also confirm Jo's military comments weren't on here, so I'm off to watch the regular TM episode again.

Edited to clarify

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 3

So true! Also, is it just me or did he seem less than enthusiastic about that house? I mean it's your first house, usually you're kind of excited about it and wanting to show it off. His attitude to me was more like "I had to buy a house. Here it is."

I think he bought the house way before they made it seem in the show. That may be the reason for the lack of excitement. It wasn't new to him anymore. He may have had to pretend he just did.

• Love 2

I guess it has been forgotten Jeremy and Leah were in a financial bind and that was one of the many reasons why Jeremy had to seek work that paid more $$$.

Am I the only one who remembers Leah bitching about the need for a ranch home which needed to be supplied with a swimming pool and horses? Where the hell did Leah think the money was going to come from if Jeremy did not pull in a bigger income? How were horses going to be purchased and cared for? Leah's money? LOL That girl was wasting her money on stupid business ventures such as the tanning salon business. Then there were the many visits to the tanning salons, manicures, pedicures, hair salon visits, she spent money on $300 purses and other designer items, vacations out of state, oh, and her drug addiction.

Then, there was the tax problem Leah found herself in. It was mentioned by Jeremy on the show how they were behind on paying their back taxes.

Mary Kay - $$$$...the new washer and dryer that cost an outrageous amount...Leah does not even wash clothes. Money thrown away.

The fleet of new cars Leah had been shown driving. Those vehicles are gas guzzlers. More wasted money. Leah was using those vehicles for holding her piles of trash, not for Ali's wheelchair. Oh, and to do her weekly drug run.

I can only imagine what their credit card bills were like. Leah probably maxed them all out.

So yeah, Leah telling Jeremy he did not need to leave out of town for work was a joke when this bitch was spending $$$ like it was coming out of her skanky ass.

IIRC, when they went to purchase the high dollar washer and dryer, the cost exceeded the limit on the credit card. Germy was understandably pissed and Leah was mad at him for embarrassing her at the store. He tried to talk her into a more reasonable set but, she wasn't having any of it. She NEEDED the most expensive washer and dryer at the appliance store. He went outside and she called the credit card company and they agreed to up the limit.

• Love 2

I think he bought the house way before they made it seem in the show. That may be the reason for the lack of excitement. It wasn't new to him anymore. He may have had to pretend he just did.

Ah you're probably right. That makes way more sense.

• Love 1

Ah you're probably right. That makes way more sense.

My reason for thinking that way was I remember seeing either pictures or an article when he bought it. If it was pics it's on his Instagram. (And I'm scared to look at his for long because you never know what kind of gross poses he has posted up. Barf!) it seems like it was quite a few months before he "bought" it during this season.

• Love 2

IIRC, jo's military comments came about in the scene where he and Vi are at home with the new baby. Vi is carrying the baby and jo is talking.

I think kail had just called to ask if isaac could spend the weekend with her so that he could spend time with javi. Jo, of course, was reasonable and agreed to switch weekends.

Edited by Little Spoon
  • Love 1

Found the military comments by Jo - it's in a discussion with Vee.

http://www.mtv.com/full-episodes/3w7fzn/teen-mom-2-hindsight-season-7-ep-706 at about the 11:00 mark (sorry, you'll probably have to listen to a couple ads to get to it)

I kind of understood where he was coming from. I didn't feel like he was bashing the military, just saying that it was a hard thing for Isaac to deal with. At first it rubbed me the wrong way but after listening to it again I felt a little differently.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 4

I'm trying to think what kind of career would be really feasible for this chick after this whole MTV thing is over. And I think I have it.

She should be a Pharma Sales Representative. You only need a high school degree (her healthcare studies might give her a leg up in the hiring process). She's safely away from patients but still working in 'healthcare'. She gets to travel around a lot (thus stay away from her kids with a good excuse). She can use whatever sex appeal she has left to sell her products, eg. dressing up like she goes to court in high heels, but instead to meet doctors and eat dinner with them (and maybe more to seal the sales deal).

I bet she'd love getting her hands on all those free samples they'd entrust her with. I doubt she'd make any money (legally).

• Love 4

I had assumed Germy wanted to have dinner with Leah to tell her he wants custody of Adderall. Leah acted a fool, was either drunk or high. He can barely stand to be around her. Her eagerness to try to reconnect with him was pathetic. Her face lit up in such a pretty smile at one point. 

I remember Germy telling one of his friends about how Leah spent all that money he was making in North Dakota. That's part of how he knew there was something seriously wrong: where was all that money going? Up Leah's nose. 

Dave is either I don't know what it's called today, mentally disabled?, has suffered some kind of traumatic head injury, or blasted his brains out with drugs -- but he is one beer short of a six-pack. I guess that shows what it takes to sweep Jenelle off her feet. 

All of this becomes more horrifying as these kids get older. Last week when poor little Ali burst into tears when her mother yelled at her for making them late, I thought to myself: She'll remember this. She'll carry that memory through her life, the way she felt that day. They are all old enough now that they remember stuff and it's helping to shape who they'll be when they grow up. This makes me sick. 

• Love 6

Leah's always been fugly. Plus, she's lazy and a brain donor. The only thing she can rely on is how easy she is. I will say, she used to be bubbly, but now she's just a moaning bitch.

• Love 2

Personally I've always felt that Adam only started on the custody thing with Aubree because his parents prodded him to.

It makes you wonder what kind of parents Adam has? I'm having a hard time believing two decent people raised Adam.
  • Love 3

Mmmmhmmm, I commented on this many seasons ago. Whether it was a school event or a soccer game, he always had some entourage in tow. I think that's because he can't handle anything he deems "boring" and he needs someone to talk about "cool" stuff with, while he's pretending to care. Also, yes! That aftershow question was very telling. I think the host even asked what Aubrey likes to do, and all he could come up with was that gym answer. It was like when he got her some little 4 wheeler type thing for her birthday a few years back and she clearly wasn't into it. He doesn't seem to know her at all, doesn't seem to care.

While I agree that Jenelle clearly doesn't really want Jace back, she does "try". Isn't she suing Barb for custody? It's hard to keep all of her court cases straight, but I thought she at least started that process. Again, I believe it's totally half-hearted, but I think she does it to look good. I see Adumb the same way. He wants to LOOK like the devoted dad. I also think he does it to stick it to Chelsea. Back when they were together, but off and on, he showed little to no interest in Aubrey. Once she ended things for good, he started trying to get custody. I think he just wants to fuck with her. He always has. He was mean as hell to her when they were a couple, and I think he'll do/say whatever he can to get under her craw.

I remember jenel attending a court date last season but now she has that on the back burner because of the new charges and custody drama with Kaiser. She said herself she is dealing with Kaiser first and also commented that jace is happy where he is and started school already.

She's never going to actually follow through with any of it, she doesn't want jace and wanted to ship Kaiser off to Nathan's mother four days out of the week too

Edited by Lexie
  • Love 1
BabyDaddy, on 20 Apr 2016 - 7:15 PM, said:BabyDaddy, on 20 Apr 2016 - 7:15 PM, said:

<snip>

I saw one episode where Janelle says she is now studying for some other health related crap.

She should be a Pharma Sales Representative. You only need a high school degree (her healthcare studies might give her a leg up in the hiring process). She's safely away from patients but still working in 'healthcare'. She gets to travel around a lot (thus stay away from her kids with a good excuse). She can use whatever sex appeal she has left to sell her products, eg. dressing up like she goes to court in high heels, but instead to meet doctors and eat dinner with them (and maybe more to seal the sales deal). <snip>

Let's think about how that would probably play out in real life.

Jenelle shows up at a doctor's office and proceeds to the check-in desk. She sticks her head through the window and says to the receptionist "Hey Dude - I'm from XYZ Pharmaceuticals and I need to see Dr. So-and-So." The receptionist tells her to go right on back.

Dr. So-and-So is busy with a patient, so Jenelle waits - pacing, and getting more and more frustrated because Jenelle waits for NO ONE.

Finally, Dr. So-and-So meets Jenelle in his office. Angry and already reaching the end of her very short fuse, Jenelle launches into her spiel.

Dr. So-and-So listens patiently, then makes one. critical. mistake. He asks Jenelle how the medicine she's peddling is better for his patients than a similar medication he's been prescribing for his patients for years.

Jenelle explodes.

"What the F***, Dude! I'm not gonna listen to this s***, Dude!" and storms out of his office.

Yeah. That's gonna work.

Not.

GreatKazu, on 20 Apr 2016 - 7:30 PM, said:GreatKazu, on 20 Apr 2016 - 7:30 PM, said:

<snip>

<snip>

The scene in which Leah and Germy buy that washer and dryer has been permanently embedded in my memory. Watching it, I could feel my blood pressure rise to new heights.

I'm disabled, short-statured, and use a wheelchair for mobility. I rent the house in which I live. While the house included a washer and dryer, the way they were placed is sort of unusual. Each appliance was in a separate closet, separated by about 6 feet. The washer was a top-loader, with the controls on the back panel.

Doing laundry was incredibly difficult for me. I had to find a tool that would enable me to reach the knobs - knobs that had to be both pushed in and turned at the same time. I couldn't reach inside the washer, so I used tongs to remove the wet items, one item at a time. Moving the wet clothes from the washer to the dryer without getting myself, or the floor, wet - was a challenge. I did this for years until finally I had enough money to replace that set with an all-in-one combination washer/dryer  front-loading unit. I researched for months trying to find the best unit to suit my needs at the price I could afford. 

Then I see Leah march into a store and without doing any research at all, and without having a clue as to the capabilities of any of the units available for sale, their energy ratings, reviews, or repair records - simply pick out the most expensive set and claim that is the only set she'd accept and that she needed it. As a matter of fact, if pressed, I'll bet if anyone had asked her what it was about that set that made it better for her than any of the other, less expensive sets in the store she wouldn't have had an answer.

No, Leah. You didn't need the most expensive set in the store. I needed a washer/dryer different from the set I was forced to use for years and despite that, the laundry got done.

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Love 11

So I just read the Ashley's recap of the show (because who needs to sleep) and there was something I had missed that I find funny.

Think back a few weeks ago when all Leah could talk about was how much the girls said they missed her and that meant they were better off with her, and cited that story where Gracie wanted to go home with her after gymnastics but mean ol' Miranda made Gracie go with her so cold hearted. Ok, so I guess I missed the Addie pick up scene where apparently Addie cried and screamed that she wanted to stay with Jeremy (because who wouldn't)...so Leah wouldn't that by your logic mean that Addie should have gone home with Jeremy since that's what she wanted? I'm sure Leah would argue "but I'm the mother" but I still find the exchange funny.

• Love 11