Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Hindsight

• Start Topic

In my opinion, Adam and Jenelle are the two people in the entire franchise I have zero hope for to ever really change. They could possibly change their behavior, for even stretches of time, but underneath they will always be the same assholes and they will always return to their same behaviors soon enough. These two, to me, don't have problems or issues or whatever that are causing them to be such horrid people, it is who they fundamentally are inside and that can't actually change for real.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 6

Yeah, The Ashley pointed out that whining about your son's stepfather's military job that he uses to help support said son and his mother when your only "job" for quite some time has been TM is a bit ridiculous. If I were Jo I'd probably just stay quiet until I actually did something with my life.

I think he was just concerned about how the deployment is going to affect Issac. Jo knows that the two are very close and he's not looking forward to the sadness that Issac, who is a very tender boy, is bound to feel.

• Love 5

Exactly. More is being made out of what Jo said than what he actually meant. Isaac has no care in the world about the military or what it is about. All he knows is Javi will be gone. Jo is sensitive to the loss his son is facing and feels for him. Jo realizes Javi is as much a father to him as he is and in fact, Jo made that comment a few seasons ago when asked if it bothered him that Isaac calls Javi "dad". Jo stated it did not bother him at all and mentioned how blessed Isaac is to have so many people love him.

• Love 11

Thanks.

On last night's Aftershow, Adam blamed editing for making him look like a bad father, but it wasn't editing that showed he never plays with Aubree, but words from Aubree's own mouth. So yea, Adam essentially called his daughter a liar. Or how about all the times Adam takes off for the weekend, or goes out at night (or all the time) when Aubree spends the weekend at his parent's house? I don't see any indication that he's changed, or that he's in any way invested in being a good father.

Also, time and time again we see Aubree looking on at her father as he stares at his phone. Who's lying then? 

• Love 5

In my opinion, Adam and Jenelle are the two people in the entire franchise I have zero hope for to ever really change. They could possibly change their behavior, for even stretches of time, but underneath they will always be the same assholes and they will always return to their same behaviors soon enough. These two, to me, don't have problems or issues or whatever that are causing them to be such horrid people, it is who they fundamentally are inside and that can't actually change for real.

I agree 100%. I think both sets of parents (Adam's and Jenelle's) have some serious issues that would have caused potential behavior problems in their offspring (mainly a lack of discipline, boundaries, appropriate reactions), but that at the end of the day, these two are just bad seeds. I think they're both incapable of loving someone who doesn't serve their purpose in some way.

• Love 5

Agree about Jenelle and Adam never changing their ways. These two are beyond self-centered. They fail to show any ounce of emotions towards their children. Well, Jenelle does on occasion such as when her kids make the mistake of crying or accidently making a mess. Jenelle's anger scares me. I worry about those kids when the cameras are not there.

• Love 3

I worry about those kids when the cameras are not there.

Not only is Jenelle's behavior scary, she also leaves that poor baby with any random person willing to watch him. Jenelle hangs around drug addicts, domestic abusers, liars and sycophants. Kaiser is helpless and can't speak up for himself. What if God forbid, he was abused in some loser's care? It's not like Jenelle would ever report it. At least Jace has Barb. Kaiser has no one.

• Love 10
They fail to show any ounce of emotions towards their children. Well, Jenelle does on occasion such as when her kids make the mistake of crying or accidently making a mess. Jenelle's anger scares me. I worry about those kids when the cameras are not there.

In one scene, where Jenelle throws Kaiser in the crib-while asking TORI if she "needs anything", she then tells Tori "I just have to walk away, dude" referring to leaving Kaiser alone in a dark room.  So I wondered, was there a time when she didn't walk away?  Has she lost her temper with him already?  I wouldn't doubt it; in the scene where she doesn't even wipe Kaiser's hands and face before putting him in his room, that was due to HER lack of patience and caring, not Kaiser's normal baby behavior.  I can't tell you how upsetting that was to me, seeing that little boy put in his crib screaming, and covered with ketchup, hot dog grease, etc.  It was all over his hands, so if he tried to wipe his eyes, he got a face full of his lunch.

And she feeds him absolute crap, I haven't seen one single nutritious meal, it's just whatever she can throw on his food tray to shut him up.

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 3

i was going to comment that I think Adam could "potentially" continue to improve and redeem himself- Jenelle is really a way more troubled puppy.

Then I though that maybe I am more lenient in judging Adam because of the fact that he so rarely does get Aubree. Jenelle has Kaiser all the time when she isn't being assisted by some very wonderful life long friend dear person (sarcasm alert- equals anyone who is there) and it's really so troubling to me. I am amazed at how well he seems to be doing with so little endearing focused interactions. My heart breaks for him.  And I do think that Nathan would be way better for Kaiser than Jenelle. She  needs a BIG time out.

• Love 4

I think he'll continue taking photo ops with the kids to look good but wouldn't even know what to do (or would just drop them off with his mom) if he had them for more than 48 hours. I don't think he'd be a better day to day parent by any stretch of the imagination.

Most telling is the fact that both Jenelle and Adam have been roundly critiqued. If I was criticized by that many people I'd change my behavior. Instead, they double down. The selfishness is intense with those two.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 2

Well they're both awful people, but after thinking about it, I'm willing to give Adam the slight edge between the two of them over who is the less completely shit parent. My reasons are, 1. I don't think Adam is completely indifferent to Aubree and Paisley (irresponsible and uninvolved, yes, but not entirely indifferent, 2. Adam did get a vasectomy, thereby limiting his victims, while Jenelle will likely go on to produce more offspring until menopause or medical problems causing infertility stop her, and 3. If it had been up to Adam, the unplanned and unwanted (by him) pregnancy would have been terminated or ended in adoption. He wouldn't insist on keeping a baby he knew damn well he had no intention of raising (or hell, even feeding).

So, those are my standards- not completely indifferent, won't continue to produce unwanted offspring AND block them from being placed with a loving family out of pure meanness, and that little bitch still comes up short.

• Love 5

Not only is Jenelle's behavior scary, she also leaves that poor baby with any random person willing to watch him. Jenelle hangs around drug addicts, domestic abusers, liars and sycophants. Kaiser is helpless and can't speak up for himself. What if God forbid, he was abused in some loser's care? It's not like Jenelle would ever report it. At least Jace has Barb. Kaiser has no one.

Unfortunately when he's in her care he's in the care of a drug addict, domestic abuser, and liar (sycophant not so much). So I don't know if he's much better off with her vs. another random loser.

• Love 3
Unfortunately when he's in her care he's in the care of a drug addict, domestic abuser, and liar (sycophant not so much)

Not to mention, Jenelle doesn't seem to have human feelings for either of her sons; it's just so apparent with Kaiser because he's in her "care".  No feelings for him at all besides annoyance; she's so careless and uncaring with him.

• Love 4

At least Adam got a vasectomy.

^^^this times a thousand.

And while Adam is a huge POS, I think I have occasionally seen some love/affection between Adam & Aubree and I have seen Adam light up ever so slightly when Aubree is excited to see him. Like he does get at least a modicum of joy and love out of having a daughter, even if it took him some time. But with Jenelle....NOPE. 110% dead behind the eyes and doesn't care one teeny tiny bit about her kids (or anyone else besides maybe her soulmate). Jenelle is completely a narcicistic psychopath who cannot care about anyone else aside from what they can do for her.

• Love 10

I mean, Adam is the one who straightforwardly called his kid "that little mistake" and said he wished he'd never had her. Maybe he cares about her now though?

I think he cares about her, but it's all relative. Is he going to sacrifice his own convenience or interests in the interest of hers? Probably not. Will he ever stop and consider how his actions will affect her? Unlikely. And if he does consider it, even less likely it'll impact his behavior anyways. Basically it boils down to him occasionally enjoying her company and potentially being distressed to hear something bad had happened to her. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for parenthood but it's still more than I think is true for Jenelle.

• Love 4

Yeah, at least Adam seems to recognize that his history of bad behavior and irresponsibility is the reason why he doesn't get Aubree more often and why he can't see her unsupervised, and keeps trying to prove himself in order to rectify that -- the issue is that he thinks what he's done so far, or the mere fact that he tries or wants to try at all, should be enough, but whatever. Jenelle doesn't seem to know how to change or even recognize that many of her choices and her actions are the reason Barb will hesitate to let her have Jace permanently -- assuming Jenelle is in the presence of mind to even want him again, she goes back and forth on that so often it's hard for anyone to take her seriously that she really wants him back. And the other difference between her and Adam is that she doesn't act like she really wants him even when she does have him. Maybe Adam only shows as much interest in Aubree as we see because the cameras are around, and when the show's in hiatus he doesn't call or come around nearly as much. But even if it's just putting on a show for the audience to make himself look good, at least he knows enough to put on a show. He acts a certain way because he knows that's what he should be doing -- and if he at least knows that much, then maybe there's hope that one day he'll grow into actually being that way for real, making a genuine effort to do these things because it's what he's supposed to do and what he actually wants. Jenelle doesn't even care enough to pretend to be interested, in Jace or Kaiser. She makes no effort to even look like she wants those kids, so I have very little hope that she ever honestly will. She doesn't even know what a parent is supposed to look like enough to fake it for the cameras.

• Love 2

I don't see how it's necessarily better to act like you care in front of the cameras than it is to just "be yourself" and show how little you care cameras or not. Both actions are going to screw the kids up. Take away that Jenelle is the "main caregiver" and I think they equally suck. It would be very hard to have a father who seems partway interested in me for long (to a kid) stretches of time and then basically disappear (with the cameras) other times. Id think it was more something I was doing wrong if I wasn't catching on to the camera aspect and either way, ouch. I think Jenelle gets a slight edge for the fact she is making herself the primary "caregiver" when Kaiser has other options if she doesn't want to do it. But then I really believe Jenelle is a sociopath and Adam is just an terrible, selfish excuse of a person..so Adam has feelings, knows it's wrong and does it anyway; Jenelle just feels nothing unless it effects her immediate interests. So hard to say which is truly worse, IMO.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 2

I don't see how it's necessarily better to act like you care in front of the cameras than it is to just "be yourself" and show how little you care cameras or not. Both actions are going to screw the kids up. Take away that Jenelle is the "main caregiver" and I think they equally suck. It would be very hard to have a father who seems partway interested in me for long (to a kid) stretches of time and then basically disappear (with the cameras) other times. Id think it was more something I was doing wrong if I wasn't catching on to the camera aspect and either way, ouch. I think Jenelle gets a slight edge for the fact she is making herself the primary "caregiver" when Kaiser has other options if she doesn't want to do it. But then I really believe Jenelle is a sociopath and Adam is just an terrible, selfish excuse of a person..so Adam has feelings, knows it's wrong and does it anyway; Jenelle just feels nothing unless it effects her immediate interests. So hard to say which is truly worse, IMO.

See, I don't think that's an "edge" for Jenelle...I think she keeps Kaiser because it allows her to fuck with Nathan. If Nathan just one day threw up his hands and said, you know what? Not worth it to me, you keep Kaiser, and I'm just going to have another kid with someone else (which sadly, may still happen), I think Jenelle would drop Kaiser off with Nathan's parents or Barb and just not come back.

Adam is a shit father and I would never defend him. Aubree, Jace and Kaiser are all going to suffer the consequences of their terrible parents (despite some mitigating circumstances in Aubree's case, like additional family support), however if  I was forced to pick who was a less shit parent, the only way Jenelle is winning is if her opponent is a child molester/child beater, or knowingly allows an associate (friend or partner)  to abuse his or her kid.

• Love 6

Right now, they're both crappy parents. And honestly, I think both Jace and Aubree would probably be better off in general without Jenelle and Adam's presence affecting them the way it does. But if I absolutely had to pick which one might actually step up and take their parental responsibility seriously, someday, maybe, I have give Adam a little more leeway because he at least seems to know what he should do -- even though he hardly ever actually does it -- so I can't quite write him off for possibly getting his shit together and just doing it. Jenelle seems to have no clue and doesn't look like she even cares, can't even care enough to look like she cares, so I have little hope that she ever will. They're both shitty parents in general, in their different ways, but as for potential to maybe, possibly, when pigs fly actually do better, I'd believe it of Adam before Jenelle. I see more potential there, buried deep, deep, deeeeeeeeeep down under the assholery. Jenelle is, I agree, sort of a sociopath. That will never change. You can't grow a new personality. Adam's a selfish piece of shit, but that can theoretically be fixed. He knows better. He tries. Sort of. When he feels like it. And you can never be sure who he's really doing it for. But he knows better. Jenelle, I don't think she has a clue. I don't think she knows better or cares to learn, and I don't think she's done anything for anybody, including her two sons, that wasn't really about serving herself.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 3

When I said Jenelle had an edge I meant an edge in the shit parents Olympics...that her CHOOSING to be the primary caregiver, when she doesn't have to be and could be like Adam - a very part time parent - but not actually wanting her kid and neglecting him, gives her an edge at being a worse parent. I was weighing how much each of them suck and trying to conclude who is worse but ultimately I cannot, for different reasons. Sorry that wasn't clear.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 2

Ah, makes sense.

Yeah, it's a pretty sad testament to one's parenting when abandoning a kid makes someone the "better" parent. (As does rendering one's self sterile). But if you ask me, Adam and Jenelle will only negatively impact their kids' lives, so whichever one of them minimizes their shitty exposure to the kid is the winner in this sad parenting contest. ("Winner" being who sucks slightly less).

• Love 2

When I said Jenelle had an edge I meant an edge in the shit parents Olympics...that her CHOOSING to be the primary caregiver, when she doesn't have to be and could be like Adam - a very part time parent - but not actually wanting her kid and neglecting him, gives her an edge at being a worse parent. I was weighing how much each of them suck and trying to conclude who is worse but ultimately I cannot, for different reasons. Sorry that wasn't clear.

They both suck, but for different reasons owing both to their different behaviors and different degrees of responsibility as to what they should be doing. It is difficult to measure which one is actually worse. It's like choosing a wireless carrier. You're going to be cursing your phone either way, just pick one. :)

• Love 3

Did I hear correctly?  Did Adam mention that he has 50/50 custody for Paislee?  Is Paislee's mom insane?!

And has anyone else noticed how scraggly Paislee looks when Adam has her?  Her hair's never brushed and she just looks dirty.

Jenelle doesn't have a maternal instinct in her entire body when it comes to Kaiser.  I can't recall one time when she lovingly held him or kissed him.  Half the time he's not wearing any clothing but a diaper.  He's either crying in the high chair, crib, playpen or car.  She shows more emotion to her dog that just got neutered.  Too bad Janelle can't get spayed.

Edited by Phoebe70
  • Love 3

Did I hear correctly?  Did Adam mention that he has 50/50 custody for Paislee?  Is Paislee's mom insane?!

And has anyone else noticed how scraggly Paislee looks when Adam has her?  Her hair's never brushed and she just looks dirty.

Jenelle doesn't have a maternal instinct in her entire body when it comes to Kaiser.  I can't recall one time when she lovingly held him or kissed him.  Half the time he's not wearing any clothing but a diaper.  He's either crying in the high chair, crib, playpen or car.  She shows more emotion to her dog that just got neutered.  Too bad Janelle can't get spayed.

Adam announced on his twitter or instagram that he has 50/50 custody of Paislee. He stupidly posted the settlement agreement, which said 50/50 LEGAL custody. He only has every other weekend visitation with her.

• Love 2

Taylor called him out on that lie on Twitter. He has 4 overnights a month.

I actually think that Adam knowing what would be better makes him worse. Jenelle had a FAR worse childhood than he did and grew up seeing a ton of abuse. Combine that with her obvious flat affect, addiction issues, and untreated mental illness, and she probably truly doesn't get why she is criticized so much. Fighting like that was a prerequisite in her house and both her siblings are also screwed up. It doesn't excuse it but I believe she truly doesn't understand entirely (mind you, there is some deep selfishness there, but I think part of her really just doesn't get it and thinks she's fine) due to her extreme emotional damage and lack of inherent empathy. Who knows if she just naturally doesn't have it or if she lost it as a kid. Adam, meanwhile, had a decent childhood and both parents, wasn't around a ton of abuse as far as we know, and clearly knows what he should be doing, yet he continues to not do it, to eschew accountability, and to vilify Chelsea for showing the world who he actually is. I don't think Adam is deeply emotionally damaged, he just doesn't care about anyone but himself and does what he wants when he wants. If that includes seeing a kid or two and hugging them for a photo, cool, if not, oh well.

I think he always believed he was better than Chelsea and is surprised the world doesn't agree. He also seems quite shallow and now that she's "hotter" and has a clearly superior guy, he's probably embarrassed. Jenelle-- I can't pinpoint it, but she never seemed to think herself superior to the guys she was with. Her relationships always just seem like rampant, unchecked codependent Daddy issues in motion. "Please love me please love me please save me." In many ways she's still a child herself. She needs therapy and structure but she'll never get it.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 3

See, I don't think that's an "edge" for Jenelle...I think she keeps Kaiser because it allows her to fuck with Nathan. If Nathan just one day threw up his hands and said, you know what? Not worth it to me, you keep Kaiser, and I'm just going to have another kid with someone else (which sadly, may still happen), I think Jenelle would drop Kaiser off with Nathan's parents or Barb and just not come back.

Truth. When Nathan gets to the point where he either can't afford the legal fees or when he just doesn't have the fight in him anymore --- we'll hear Jenelle complain "He never *takes* his kid!!!"
  • Love 3

Lastly - I know everyone is going to go crazy but I have to ask if anyone else thinks aside from all his stupidity that Adam is really hot for some reason? I dont know why but his body is great too many tatoos but there is something that is hot as hell- cant help myself even my other half laughs at me. So go ahead and do the same I just cant help it with him. 

Ewww...no!  He is not attractive to me in the least.  He was average, at best, in 16 & Pregnant.  Now he's juiced up on steroids.  The tattoos are excessive and not my taste.  I'm not a fan of the receding hair-mohawk thing he's got going on.  Mainly, though, it's his personality that makes him ugly.  I think at this point I'd date Gary from Teen Mom OG before I'd date Adumb!  LOLOL

• Love 1

At least Adam got a vasectomy.

Literally, the best thing about Adam.  I think he realizes deep down that he's a shit dad, and that if his two daughters grow up to be okay, it will be a miracle.  I don't think he ever had much interest in being a Randy Houska super involved dad anyway, So I think it was a mature choice.  Of course Dr. Douche had to go and ruin it, by making fun of him and giggling about it on the reunion where it was discussed.  The best thing Adam ever did, and he turned it into a joke about balls.  Way to be, Doc.  But I digress.

Jenelle on the other hand, as previous posters have stated, will continue to pop out little trap babies every time she meets a douche who wants to be her family, with zero regard for the litter of unhappy children she will leave in her wake.

• Love 5

Thank God the Forums are back - DNR was in serious withdrawals yesterday ! !  The new layout will take some getting used to - watching Man of the House episode now ( damn work, wish I could lounge around like Janelle & Leah)  So glad you're back PrevTV , it was a rough day lol 

Edited by DNR
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, DNR said:

Thank God the Forums are back - DNR was in serious withdrawals yesterday ! !  The new layout will take some getting used to - watching Man of the House episode now ( damn work, wish I could lounge around like Janelle & Leah)  So glad you're back PrevTV , it was a rough day lol 

this!  Mr. Teapot cares not at all about the Teen Moms, and the lady who poured my coffee at Dunkin Donuts yesterday had no opinion whatsoever about the RHOBH reunion, parts 1 or 2!!

however, they might get a love letter from my boss about what a productive worker I was during that time...worth it?  I think NOT!!!

• Love 10
On 4/27/2016 at 11:46 AM, teapot said:

this!  Mr. Teapot cares not at all about the Teen Moms, and the lady who poured my coffee at Dunkin Donuts yesterday had no opinion whatsoever about the RHOBH reunion, parts 1 or 2!!

however, they might get a love letter from my boss about what a productive worker I was during that time...worth it?  I think NOT!!!

LOL crazy ass RHoBH reunion. I want to forget I even watched both parts. But ya know, I will be there watching part three. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

LOL crazy ass RHoBH reunion. I want to forget I even watched both parts. But ya know, I will be there watching part three. 

well, least you "own it"  (WRONG FORUM! I'm the *worst*!!  must be the Housie Moochies brain fog...)

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, teapot said:

well, least you "own it"  (WRONG FORUM! I'm the *worst*!!  must be the Housie Moochies brain fog...)

Own it, indeed!! I have some lemonade. That might help your fog. ;-)

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Own it, indeed!! I have some lemonade. That might help your fog. ;-)

Well  (bringing it back to Teen Mom 2) I certainly hope you kept it classy and used Nathan's recipe of free water with ice, Sweet & Low and lemons

• Love 3

Dores Jenelle ever take accountability? And when is she NOT in a relationship? She met the dude on Tinder then has his sister watch the baby while she "parties" it up in NYC. And how goes to NYC and sits in a hotel room all day and night? I almost thought Jenelle was getting her shit together when she graduated from whatever program she did. But looks like I was counting my eggs before they hatched. Whatever the saying is, that is what I was doing.

And Leah. Oh lort help her please. SOMONE help her. ANYONE help her. The hair. The liner. The parenting. The whining about waking up early. So, I just found out Leah is in fact THE ONLY human who wakes up early and not even for herself but for tiny humans who depend on her.

Kail and Javi: a married couple who is on a forever break. If you need that many breaks from your spouse should you really be married to them? How can you be upset that someone wasn't grieving the way you did? Everyone grieves differently.

Can Chelsea STOP talking in a stupid baby voice to Cole? Isn't Aubrey's kid voice enough? I wanna grow up but I know Chelsea is young. But she is only enough tons stop talking like a fucking 3 year old. Cole has his work cut out for him. *Eye Role*. Good luck dude. Can't say you weren't warned from previous seasons!

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, poppy5 said:

And Leah. Oh lort help her please. SOMONE help her. ANYONE help her. The hair. The liner. The parenting. The whining about waking up early. So, I just found out Leah is in fact THE ONLY human who wakes up early and not even for herself but for tiny humans who depend on her.

Isn't it amazing that Leah is the only person in history who has been in charge of getting 3 children up for school?  The only person who has had to do all the hard work of getting them up, dressed, fed and in the car in a reasonable time frame?  I don't know how she does it (*sarcasm*). 

Also, this isn't me trying to be a massive bitch but Ali's disability isn't such that it should be causing massively huge problems waking up and getting to school.  She is capable of walking short distances, dressing herself and feeding herself,  Leah doesn't have to feed Ali or brush her teeth or carry her to the toilet.  So while I appreciate that Ali's disability makes life generally more challenging (having to take into account extra time, accessibility, etc) it shouldn't be stopping the girls from getting up and to school in a timely fashion.  

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, ChocolateAddict said:

Isn't it amazing that Leah is the only person in history who has been in charge of getting 3 children up for school?  The only person who has had to do all the hard work of getting them up, dressed, fed and in the car in a reasonable time frame?  I don't know how she does it (*sarcasm*). 

Also, this isn't me trying to be a massive bitch but Ali's disability isn't such that it should be causing massively huge problems waking up and getting to school.  She is capable of walking short distances, dressing herself and feeding herself,  Leah doesn't have to feed Ali or brush her teeth or carry her to the toilet.  So while I appreciate that Ali's disability makes life generally more challenging (having to take into account extra time, accessibility, etc) it shouldn't be stopping the girls from getting up and to school in a timely fashion.  

She uses Ali's disability as an excuse but she and Corey don't do the necessary things to help her in that regard. It's disgusting. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

She uses Ali's disability as an excuse but she and Corey don't do the necessary things to help her in that regard. It's disgusting. 

Agreed.  She talks about how hard her life is since Ali has MD but never actually does anything about it.  It's always about how she feels about Ali's disability, there is never any thought about how Ali feels about falling over 5 times a day and having a wheelchair that she can't use or how up until choir a few episodes ago, she didn't have any accessible hobbies while Gracie got to do cheerleading.  I sincerely hope that Ali never, ever hears her mother talking about her disability although this is probably a bit futile given that all the kids will see these episodes eventually.  

Ali's disability undoubtedly leads to challenges but Leah isn't meeting the girlses basic needs at the best of times.  I doubt that Leah has been doing occupational therapy exercises with Ali or has seriously looked into wheelchair accessible activities in the area to give Ali something to do.   Corey has to take some of the blame for this too, both her parents have let Ali down.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ChocolateAddict said:

Agreed.  She talks about how hard her life is since Ali has MD but never actually does anything about it.  It's always about how she feels about Ali's disability, there is never any thought about how Ali feels about falling over 5 times a day and having a wheelchair that she can't use or how up until choir a few episodes ago, she didn't have any accessible hobbies while Gracie got to do cheerleading.  I sincerely hope that Ali never, ever hears her mother talking about her disability although this is probably a bit futile given that all the kids will see these episodes eventually.  

Ali's disability undoubtedly leads to challenges but Leah isn't meeting the girlses basic needs at the best of times.  I doubt that Leah has been doing occupational therapy exercises with Ali or has seriously looked into wheelchair accessible activities in the area to give Ali something to do.   Corey has to take some of the blame for this too, both her parents have let Ali down.  

Especially now that he had primary custody and currently has 50/50 custody, he is 100% equally to blame. I really doubt she is getting all the physical therapy she needs. No wheelchair, no daily exercises. They are not proactive about it at all. It makes me sick. 

It's always been about her parents' feelings. First, Corey denying it and implying Leah spoiled her by letting her use the wheelchair, then Leah using her disability as a weapon against Corey and a way to get sympathy. It is absolutely reprehensible. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 2

I do recall Cory being upset and taking a stance about Ali's therapy. Miranda, Cory, and Jeff had a few scenes as they discussed how many therapy appointments Leah failed to commit to and how they would take turns to help Leah by taking Ali themselves for her therapy.  Cory had a sheet from the therapist which showed all the missed appointments. Leah, as usual, denied it all except to admit to one missed appointment due to Gracie being sick.

I am completely confident Ali isreceiving her necessary therapy since that was part of Cory's claims during their custody hearing. If Cory was not doing that, Leah would make damn sure to mention that on camera.

• Love 6
On April 18, 2016 at 10:32 PM, FanOfTheFans said:

I actually felt sorry for Leah tonight. She obviously wants a guy to just love her unconditionally but there are so many issues with her that are not being dealt with and she continues to spiral down. Leah doesn't seem to have any sense that until her true problems are addressed, she is pretty much screwed out of finding her happiness. I thought the scene with her sister was very telling also. She, the sister knows the scoop and there was such a look of hopelessness on her face.

I felt bad for her too. She just can't ever be without a guy. Anybody who always needs to be coupled up is bound to make some bad choices along the way. I have a friend who is incredibly smart and educated and successful and can't ever be without a girlfriend. He's had some doozies. Plus, why did Jeremy ask to have dinner with her? I mean, for the show, but what was the proposed topic? It didn't sound like he had a purpose other then "let's hang out" so I could sort of see how poor delusional, dumb, drama loving Leah thought it was a date.

• Love 2
On April 25, 2016 at 7:52 AM, Rebecca said:

I'm catching up on this season and just saw this episode. Do you think Janelle is actually choosing to be the primary caregiver or she just can't find anyone else to take Kieser? I sort of believe her that Nathan isn't really interested in being a father more than maybe a few days a month, Barbara isn't offering, that sort of leaves foster care. I think she wants to avoids that because it involves the court system and she wouldn't be able to drop by and play mommy whenever she wants with an MTV camera filming it. So maybe she's just sort of stuck for now.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I'm catching up on this season and just saw this episode. Do you think Janelle is actually choosing to be the primary caregiver or she just can't find anyone else to take Kieser? I sort of believe her that Nathan isn't really interested in being a father more than maybe a few days a month, Barbara isn't offering, that sort of leaves foster care. I think she wants to avoids that because it involves the court system and she wouldn't be able to drop by and play mommy whenever she wants with an MTV camera filming it. So maybe she's just sort of stuck for now.

Plus she doesn't have an excuse.  She is apparently doing so well with her life with those protein shakes and low-carb diet plus she is going to be saving lives! *sarcasm*  She doesn't have a job or go to uni so there isn't really a reason why she can't take care of Kaiser except for her selfish attitude and dislike of actually caring for her child.  Plus she can't exactly be on Teen Mom 2 if is she isn't a teen or a real mom to either of her two kids. I don't think that she wants to take care of the Roll but she knows that not even her rabid fans could excuse passing him off permanently.  I think that if she could she would get herself diagnosed with seeing-molecules-and-can't-spell disease so that she would have an excuse but then she couldn't party so... 

• Love 4