Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Hindsight

• Start Topic

This ep was pretty boring for sure.  I was on my phone through most of it (pretty much all of Chelsea and Kail's segments, really.)  I missed Corey shutting down Gracie trying to say her teacher was lying about her behavior.  Sorry I missed it, that sounds awesome.

I thought Javi's goodbye dinner was pretty sad as well.  Really, Kail?  You couldn't cook him something?  Dude is shipping out for six months.  Would it kill you to throw a few pork chops on the stove or boil a pot of pasta?  Damn.  I assumed Lincoln was probably asleep if he was sick.  I also felt badly for poor Isaac.  That kid is a sensitive soul, I'm glad he has so many people to love him.

Is it possible to actually die of secondhand embarrassment?  Because I thought I was going to pass out watching Leah make a damn fool out of herself at that dinner.   Of course she wasn't drunk.  I watched that wine glass.  Girlfriend didn't take more than three sips.  Unless she pre-gamed (I'm sure she did, you know, for her "nerves"), she was dead sober.  She started saying she was buzzed after taking one sip of her wine!  Come on, now.  Obviously that dinner was producer driven because Germy didn't have anything to actually SAY.  I felt slightly sorry for Leah because it really did seem like she was being set up.  If you've broken up with someone and they ask you to dinner to "talk" then it's not unreasonable to think a reconciliation might be in the works (ugh, been there.)  It's kind of cruel to ask someone to dinner under false pretenses like that.  Then I remember Leah is going home to her new man and kids and my sympathy goes away.  And that conversation with her sister?  Bitch, please.  It's not about YOU, it's about your kids.  Jesus. 

Oh, Jenelle.  I actually really did feel sorry for Nathan because I could tell he was genuinely upset about not being able to see Kaiser.  I wonder if he had filed papers yet at that point?  I know here it takes at least a couple of months to even get in front of a facilitator so I couldn't tell if he was waiting for a hearing or what.  If he hadn't filed papers and was just sitting around hoping  Jenelle lets him see Kaiser out of the goodness of her cold black heart, then he's a moron.  File. For. Visitation.   She can't legally keep him from you, dummy.  You're his father. Leaving him with Dave's sister during their trip was fucked up.  God she sucks.

Chelsea is treading dangerously close to parental alienation.   She'd better be careful.  Judges don't look kindly on it.

• Love 10

I never said he treated Leah badly at all. I said in general, he acts like a more educated/classier person around Miranda. He seems to be influenced by the people he's around...he did the will they/won't they/cheating thing with Leah, kept trying to go back to her, and in general acted like more of an ass and immature. Not TOWARDS Leah, but around her. With Miranda's influence, he's become more mature, seemingly. He definitely comes across more like a stand-up family man with her.

I'm confused by how he acts classier and mature with Miranda.

While he was with Leah he 1. worked two jobs so he could support Leah and the girls, since Leah's mom could not help financially, 2. sold his truck and bought a less expensive vehicle so they could have some cash on hand (since Leah sure wasn't going to get her ass a job), 3. continued to pay for Leah to live with the girls at their house while he moved back in with his mom after they broke up, because their daughters needed a full time caregiver and a place to live, 4. after they divorced, told Leah she could have her pick of the appliances because she was going to have the girls more of the time, 5. remained silent on social media when Leah bashed him for being controlling and causing their divorce by buying a truck, 6. was polite to Leah and Jeremy at all drop offs and asked about Addy, 7. held down a steady job despite being on MTV's payroll, 8. has consistently been shown being a caring and responsible father to the twins.

Cheating with Leah aside, I am confused by what he's done in the 6 years he's been filmed that was immature. I mean really, he's conducted himself with more maturity than anyone else on this show.

• Love 17

I mean, I don't think Chelsea or her mom was asking bad questions to Aubree. Her mom asked Aubree what she liked about Cole and Aubree just said, that he plays with her and her dad doesn't. Just matter of factly. So, whatever.

That Aftershow All About the Dads was kind of uncomfortable, actually. Also, I love Guy and Girl code, it makes me laugh but the people from it have no business hosting an aftershow of TM. They just don't.

• Love 3

I do wonder though, based on her behavior at dinner, if Germy hasn't had his own post divorce roll in the back of a pick up truck with Leah. Really wouldn't surprise me and it might explain how Leah thought she had a shot in hell of reconciliation.

I think if he did he was probably drunk. He admitted at the dinner that he drinks a lot. He didn't look like he was impressed with Leah at all. He didn't even seem to want to make eye contact with her. It was very awkward since she was obviously trying to get him to say that he regretted divorcing, wanted her, etc.

I agree that MTV probably asked Jeremy to invite her to dinner because he didn't seem to really have anything to talk to her about, and it was pretty clear he didn't want to be there.

• Love 3

On the Aftershow, the host asked Corey and Jeremy if Leah's behavior has gotten better, and Jeremy said no, not really, and Corey said a little, and they've worked out a co-parenting schedule. Does this mean Leah was able to revise the arrangement that's in place now (on the show), or does Corey still have primary custody? Does anyone know? TIA.

There was a revision to the custody agreement. Corey and Leah met in court in January and came to an agreement. Leah wound up getting one more day per week, which makes it about 50/50, which is what Corey wanted for a couple years but Leah wouldn't agree to it.  I believe Corey is still the primary custodial parent and retains the right to make decisions concerning the twins.

• Love 1
If all Chelsea can complain about is that Adam isn't playing board games with Aubry like her boyfriend does, then she needs to be quiet.  That's ridiculous.  She is constantly fishing for Aubrey to tell her something awful and globs on to the smallest things.   The facts are that he is currently trying, doing well, and she should be happy about that.

Chelsea has stated several times that Adumb acts a lot more involved when they're filming. I believe it. I'm glad he has his license back, but until he has gone several years without adding to his lengthy arrest record and acts genuinely interested in his kids, I'll not be giving him the benefit of the doubt. I think Adumb is a liar and shady as hell. He also shows an astonishing lack of judgement - posting bathtub pics for the public and bringing sex offenders around his kids. And I really can't fault Chelsea for being upset that her daughter is upset by her dad's lack of involvement. That would break my heart too. Likely, Chelsea feels guilty for giving Aubrey such a dad. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 7

I mean, I don't think Chelsea or her mom was asking bad questions to Aubree. Her mom asked Aubree what she liked about Cole and Aubree just said, that he plays with her and her dad doesn't. Just matter of factly. So, whatever.

Same here. It wasn't being pried from her or asked of her, she offered it up. Papa Randy on Twitter seems to insinuate that Adam has called Aubree a liar. I guess that came from Adams coment that it was done for ratings. Ha!

• Love 2

Aubree is a smart little girl. She'll figure out what kind of man her dad is on her own.

I'm assuming this is "smart" like all kids are "smart" and not possessing high intellect.  Because unless intelligence skips generations, like male-pattern baldness, I don't see how she could be anything more than maybe average.  We're talking Adam and Chelsea, after all.

Papa Randy on Twitter seems to insinuate that Adam has called Aubree a liar.

And maybe it skips more than one generation?  Randy can't be a complete idiot if he made it through dental school, but his Twitter habits do make me wonder.  And Chelsea's mother?  Maybe it's just how she appears on camera (I think of her as a mouth breather--is she really one, or is it just that constant grin?), but I don't have the feeling she's got a lot going on upstairs.

Don't know about Adam's parents.  I know smart people can end up with children who do really dumb things, but Adam really does take it to a whole nother level and, again, I just have to wonder.

• Love 4

Same here. It wasn't being pried from her or asked of her, she offered it up. Papa Randy on Twitter seems to insinuate that Adam has called Aubree a liar. I guess that came from Adams coment that it was done for ratings. Ha!

I don't think Chelsea's mom was trying to get her to say something negative, but I do think that Aubree has learned from the strong reactions that Chelsea and other family members have to her saying negative things about Adam that this is something they're looking to hear from her.  Especially with all of the questions about "isn't Cole great?", "don't you like how Cole___?", "do you want Cole to be like a dad for you?" in addition to the leading questions about what she did with Adam, whether she saw him and for how long, etc, Aubree is learning what to say to get the biggest reaction.  It's natural for a kid to seek attention like that, and now that Chelsea's attention is divided between her and Cole, Aubree may be learning further that her mom will focus on her more if she says something negative about her dad, or compares him and Cole in a way that is flattering to Cole. 

It's doubtful that Chelsea or her parents are ill-intentioned here (well, maybe Randy...), but it's apparent, as ghoulina pointed out above, that Chelsea is trying to deal with her guilt over Aubree having a crappy dad.  Unfortunately, trying to replace Adam will Cole and hoping Adam will just go away so she can pretend that he doesn't exist is not going to work for Aubree.  Adam makes himself look bad enough without any help, and I'd bet that he also encourages Aubree to bad-mouth Chelsea, so this is a great opportunity for her to take the high road and set a good example for her daughter by not bashing him or encouraging Aubree to do so, intentionally or otherwise. 

• Love 2

There was a revision to the custody agreement. Corey and Leah met in court in January and came to an agreement. Leah wound up getting one more day per week, which makes it about 50/50, which is what Corey wanted for a couple years but Leah wouldn't agree to it.  I believe Corey is still the primary custodial parent and retains the right to make decisions concerning the twins.

Thanks.

On last night's Aftershow, Adam blamed editing for making him look like a bad father, but it wasn't editing that showed he never plays with Aubree, but words from Aubree's own mouth. So yea, Adam essentially called his daughter a liar. Or how about all the times Adam takes off for the weekend, or goes out at night (or all the time) when Aubree spends the weekend at his parent's house? I don't see any indication that he's changed, or that he's in any way invested in being a good father.

• Love 3

I know a lot of people think Chelsea is super mom (in this bunch she probably is) but I hope she realizes she is starting to commit parental alienation. I understand that Adam hasn't been a model father, but she needs to keep her mouth shut when Aubree is around. I know it's really her only storyline this season, since she has a fairly normal life and doesn't have a lot of drama.

Janelle makes me scream at the TV. I can't stand her. She's a horrible parent and an even worse human being. Everyone wonders why she keeps shacking up with losers- because SHE is a loser, too. No respectable guy would be caught dead in a relationship that is the Janelle trainwreck.

• Love 7

Ditto on the Chelsea/Adam stuff. Look, Adam's a douche. We all see it, we all know it. I believe Chelsea's claims that it's only when the cameras are back in town that he even tries to act interested in Aubree. I believe that. I believe that a lot of his "I want 50/50 custody" bullshit is just that -- bullshit for the cameras, putting on a front. Be that as it may, one fact will never change: He is Aubree's father. Chelsea may not like it, Aubree may not like it, and when the cameras go away Adam may not like it, but that's the truth they have to live with. Chelsea needs to accept that and deal with him. She doesn't have to like him, she doesn't have to acquiesce to every one of his nonsense demands, but she has to deal with him and the fact that she will have to let him be in Aubree's life for as long as he pretends to want to. She can't get a new man and anoint him Aubree's new dad and hope that if she closes her eyes and wishes real hard Adam will just go away because he's not "needed" anymore. Doesn't work that way. She needs to stop the Adam bashing while Aubree is in the room, stop grilling Aubree on what she did during her Lind weekends and whether or not her dad was there and what they did, stop pointing out all the things Cole does for her that her real daddy doesn't. Just stop. Aubree is a smart kid. She's picked up on what Chelsea and the others are doing. When she volunteers information about everything Adam doesn't do, e.g. spend any real quality time with her, she's not bashing her father. She's joining in the conversation that Chelsea keeps dangling, saying what she knows her mother expects to hear, because it's all she ever says about him. Stop that, Chelsea. Everyone else knows Adam is a douche. Aubree will figure it out, too. Just leave it be. In the end, Aubree will appreciate more that her mother didn't try to prejudice her against her father as a child and allowed her to develop her own relationship. But if she keeps trying to alienate her from Adam, even if only emotionally, by the time she's in her teens she's going to rail against her mother for ruining her chance to have her dad in her life. Even if it's all Adam's doing, even if the real reason Aubree doesn't have her dad in her life by then is because Adam skipped town five years earlier and never returned, Aubree will blame Chelsea anyway for not allowing them to have a relationship before. Leave it alone, Chelsea.

• Love 13

I think Adumb is the one alienating himself. He's the one who originally insisted Chelsea let him sign away his rights. He's the one who would come and go at his leisure, and only decided to pursue actual visitation when he realized how shitty he looked on camera. He's the one that both Chelsea and Randy have claimed comes around A LOT more when the cameras are rolling. He's the one that only gets supervised visits with his parents, but still jaunts off to wherever-the-fuck half the time Aubrey is there (including Father's Day weekend). He's the one that actually gets some time with his kids together, at the bouncy place, and refuses to look up when said kids call to him. He then tells them to go see Grandma, so he can hang with his sex offender friends. 

I agree that the Houskas should just drop it, as Aubrey will figure this all out on her own. But I can't say I blame them for being upset. 

• Love 10

Janelle makes me scream at the TV. I can't stand her. She's a horrible parent and an even worse human being. Everyone wonders why she keeps shacking up with losers- because SHE is a loser, too. No respectable guy would be caught dead in a relationship that is the Janelle trainwreck.

That's why I turned the channel last night and decided I'm done with the show.

All I do is yell at the TV when this shit is on. Watching a piece of shit mother like Jenelle vacation in NYC, talk to the son she doesn't care about on some fancy watch thing that most hard working people could never afford with her inflated lips and fake boobs was the end for me.

I hate them all except for Chelsea and liking her so much just isn't enough reason for me to keep watching something that makes me so damn angry.

I'll keep up with you guys here but the show is deleted from my DVR and I cancelled all future recordings.

When I watch a show and instead of entertaining me, it just pisses me the hell off, it's time to stop.

I'm just too old for this shit.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 10

I'm confused by how he acts classier and mature with Miranda.

While he was with Leah he 1. worked two jobs so he could support Leah and the girls, since Leah's mom could not help financially, 2. sold his truck and bought a less expensive vehicle so they could have some cash on hand (since Leah sure wasn't going to get her ass a job), 3. continued to pay for Leah to live with the girls at their house while he moved back in with his mom after they broke up, because their daughters needed a full time caregiver and a place to live, 4. after they divorced, told Leah she could have her pick of the appliances because she was going to have the girls more of the time, 5. remained silent on social media when Leah bashed him for being controlling and causing their divorce by buying a truck, 6. was polite to Leah and Jeremy at all drop offs and asked about Addy, 7. held down a steady job despite being on MTV's payroll, 8. has consistently been shown being a caring and responsible father to the twins.

Cheating with Leah aside, I am confused by what he's done in the 6 years he's been filmed that was immature. I mean really, he's conducted himself with more maturity than anyone else on this show.

He just appears to be far more mature and confident to me now, and said as much on a reunion show (that Miranda has given him strength and caused him to act differently, stand up for himself and what is right, etc). We can agree to disagree. I think the cheating makes him far less mature/integritous than, say, Chelsea, Cole, or even Jo or Javi (who I hate), but I get that that's not a popular opinion. I think it's a pretty enormous thing to get past in terms of character flaws/misdeeds. And of course he was polite to her in the past-- for much of that time, he was sleeping with her off and on. I just don't like to condemn women for cheating (like Kailyn even at 18 or whatever she was when she was just dating Jordan fairly casually, but still gets called "a cheater"), while letting married men off the hook. Adultery, especially repeated adultery, is a major matter, it's not something I'd just wave off as a minor mistake.

That said, he does appear to be a fundamentally good person and good father. Leah lacks any kind of moral center; that may have been true for Corey previously, but I don't think it's true now. Remember, their marriage ended because of her adultery and he condemned her for it, but then he turned around and did Miranda even worse just a short time later. That seems out of character for him and it's very confusing.

• Love 2

I think Adumb is the one alienating himself. He's the one who originally insisted Chelsea let him sign away his rights. He's the one who would come and go at his leisure, and only decided to pursue actual visitation when he realized how shitty he looked on camera. He's the one that both Chelsea and Randy have claimed comes around A LOT more when the cameras are rolling. He's the one that only gets supervised visits with his parents, but still jaunts off to wherever-the-fuck half the time Aubrey is there (including Father's Day weekend). He's the one that actually gets some time with his kids together, at the bouncy place, and refuses to look up when said kids call to him. He then tells them to go see Grandma, so he can hang with his sex offender friends. 

I agree that the Houskas should just drop it, as Aubrey will figure this all out on her own. But I can't say I blame them for being upset. 

I don't think anyone is saying the Houska's can't be upset.  They have every right to be.  But the constant grilling of Aubree about what she does at daddys and the constant "aren't you happy Cole is here...." talk is inappropriate.  It's parental alienation.  My parents had a messy divorce.  My father talked non-stop shit about my mother and stepfather but my mother never said one negative word about my father.  Ever.  It wasn't until I was grown that I discovered what an asshole he actually is.  It must have KILLED her not to say anything to me but she stood back and let me have my own relationship with him, untainted by her.  I'll always be grateful to her for that because she did that for ME, not herself.  Adumb is undoubtedly a piece of shit but he's still Aubree's father and Aubree still loves him so they really do need to knock it off.  And stop spelling his name.  She's six, she can spell Adam, for gods sake.

• Love 6

That's why I turned the channel last night and decided I'm done with the show.

All I do is yell at the TV when this shit is on. Watching a piece of shit mother like Jenelle vacation in NYC, talk to the son she doesn't care about on some fancy watch thing that most hard working people could never afford with her inflated lips and fake boobs was the end for me.

Not to mention she left her child with a complete stranger. Who the hell does that? She barely knows Dave, let alone Dave's sister. Jenelle didn't give two shits about whether Kaiser would feel safe and comfortable, as long as she found someone to dump the kid on so she could take off on vacation. She's insane.

• Love 12

He just appears to be far more mature and confident to me now, and said as much on a reunion show (that Miranda has given him strength and caused him to act differently, stand up for himself and what is right, etc). We can agree to disagree. I think the cheating makes him far less mature/integritous than, say, Chelsea, Cole, or even Jo or Javi (who I hate), but I get that that's not a popular opinion. I think it's a pretty enormous thing to get past in terms of character flaws/misdeeds. And of course he was polite to her in the past-- for much of that time, he was sleeping with her off and on. I just don't like to condemn women for cheating (like Kailyn even at 18 or whatever she was when she was just dating Jordan fairly casually, but still gets called "a cheater"), while letting married men off the hook. Adultery, especially repeated adultery, is a major matter, it's not something I'd just wave off as a minor mistake.

That said, he does appear to be a fundamentally good person and good father. Leah lacks any kind of moral center; that may have been true for Corey previously, but I don't think it's true now. Remember, their marriage ended because of her adultery and he condemned her for it, but then he turned around and did Miranda even worse just a short time later. That seems out of character for him and it's very confusing.

Actually Leah filed for divorce, not Corey. The lawyer told her he hadn't filed and asked if she was 100% sure she wanted to do it. She said yes.

And I don't see Leah as being condemned. It wasn't like he was sleeping with her and then telling anyone who would listen that she was a cheap slut. To this day I'd argue he has continued to treat her respectfully. He has been more honest lately that she's not doing a very good job at parenting but that was out of necessity, not malice.

As far as why his cheating is maybe considered less offensive than say kailyn or Leah, I'd say it's because Corey does have redeeming qualities. I don't really think Leah or Kailyn do. That's a judgment call and I don't expect everyone to agree. It's not that cheating in itself is okay because Corey did it, it's that Corey still has numerous instances of being a fundamentally good person while Leah and Kail...don't.

I can't argue that repeated infidelity is disturbing and I personally would not have forgiven him, nor would I trust that going forward it won't ever be an issue again, should Leah get her shit together. Corey has a weakness for Leah and always has. But Miranda clearly feels it's worth another chance. I like Miranda too and hope Corey is over whatever hold Leah had on him.

• Love 7

Not to mention she left her child with a complete stranger. Who the hell does that? She barely knows Dave, let alone Dave's sister. Jenelle didn't give two shits about whether Kaiser would feel safe and comfortable, as long as she found someone to dump the kid on so she could take off on vacation. She's insane.

When she was at the restaurant with Barb, it sounded like she started to say that Dave's sister was living there and she stopped herself. I just looked at the chronology. She started dating Dave in September, moved him in in November and her birthday is in December. I'd say we'll hear a pregnancy and/or engagement announcement any day now.

• Love 5

Eh, I still think despite all the comments on here that Chelsea doesn't do anything wrong when she talks to Aubree about Adam. I'm sorry but Aubree comes home from weekends with Adam and she asks things about did she play or see her Dad and Aubree answers no. It's kind of funny how on TM original recipe we give Ryan crap for how little he plays with Bentley and no one ever gets on Maci this much when she asks Bentley about it. At least not like this.  It's just funny to me. 

• Love 6

More than likely when the tv camera's do go away (or he doesn't resign, whichever it is) he will go away, too.  He will do the alienating all by himself.

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 2

This distresses me. I'm not one to think parents should have adult only time, or take vacations, (yeah like Jenelle is a real parent!) but the ease in which she leaves her child with just anyone. I worry for Kaiser's safety!

• Love 5

Someone she doesn't even know.  Kaiser's never even seen this person and his "mother" just goes off and leaves him in her care.This Uncle Dave must think he's really hit the jackpot, things for that baby just get worse and worse every week.

Did anyone else notice, in one of the two previous episodes, Kaiser was (of course) sitting in his high chair; it looked as though Jenelle had dumped out some canned corn on his tray. for him to eat.  That's it, no protein, nothing nourishing at all.  She just opened a can and poured it directly on the food tray.

• Love 4
Jenelle and her 'anxiety'. She just couldn't stand that they were having a drama free dinner and had to make it all about her.

Janelle loves the drama, but I thought her description of anxiety "It feels like the room is too small" was so spot on that it was probably real. I have experienced that in social settings before - everything is going fine, and then suddenly you just feel completely overwhelmed, like the room is closing in on you, and have an incredibly strong urge to leave. I can just fight the feeling until the first opportunity I get to bow out, rather than making a huge deal of it and ruining everyone's night like Janelle did, though.

• Love 2

I am throughly convinced that Dave is missing a few chromosomes. Oh, and both he and Nathan sport that stupid fade combover haircut that is all the rage now.

Jenelle going on about Nathan being a bad parent and not caring is rich considering she left her kid with a woman she barely knows and generally acts like Kaiser is a big burden to her.

I feel bad for Isaac because given the state of Kail and javi's marriage, his relationship with Javi about to drastically change.

Can you imagine Cole's voice prior to him going through puberty? Lol

• Love 6

I am throughly convinced that Dave is missing a few chromosomes. Oh, and both he and Nathan sport that stupid fade combover haircut that is all the rage now.

Uncle Dave is seriously one of the most vacant people I've ever seen. He seems to have next to no actual personality and is mostly a cypher for Jenelle. He creeps me out, and I worry about poor Kaiser and Jace having to be exposed to him and his family. 

• Love 5

Eh, I still think despite all the comments on here that Chelsea doesn't do anything wrong when she talks to Aubree about Adam. I'm sorry but Aubree comes home from weekends with Adam and she asks things about did she play or see her Dad and Aubree answers no. It's kind of funny how on TM original recipe we give Ryan crap for how little he plays with Bentley and no one ever gets on Maci this much when she asks Bentley about it. At least not like this.  It's just funny to me.

I think because it's the ONLY thing to comment on re: Chelsea's segments (which is a compliment to Chelsea, since her life is relatively normal and she's a loving and good mom), whereas with Maci, well, there's lots of other things to harp on.

I also think a lot of the "does your dad play with you?" questions to Aubree are producer-driven, as they're trying to create some kind of drama to feature, as well as trying to include Adam in the story. It's the same with Caitlyn and Tyler: everyone rolls their eyes at how often they talk about Carly and the adoption, but that's the only reason they're on the show, so they don't have a choice. There's no doubt in my mind that the producers tell them - when you plan your wedding, talk about Carly, when you graduate high school, talk about Carly, etc., etc... Same thing here. Chelsea's role on the show has always been about being a good mom, fun and carefree, with stable parents and a shitty baby daddy. Talking about the shitty baby daddy is her storyline.

• Love 5

As far as the "is Corey more mature with Miranda" debate, the answer is "I sure as hell hope so." Corey was 21 when he and Leah divorced. I expect everyone to mature between 21 and 26, even if they were a teen father of twins, one with a serious condition.

• Love 7

I think it's pretty obvious that Aubree knows how Chelsea and Randy hate Adam. she gets positive reinforcement whenever she says that she likes Cole or has fun with Cole or whatever. On the other hand Chelsea is constantly staring and blinking at her whenever she talks about Adam or talking shit about Adam.

Sure Adam is a lowlife but he's aubrees father. She's going to learn a lesson about people being who they are and she will love him even though he is a disappointment. Chelsea isn't going to fix that by just replacing Adam with Cole. Aubree is going to have to process what Adam is and make her own choices when she is older about how involved she will be with him. And she will also process how Chelsea and randy made her feel with their asking questions and talking shit like she doesn't understand game.

• Love 5

Chelsea has stated several times that Adumb acts a lot more involved when they're filming. I believe it. I'm glad he has his license back, but until he has gone several years without adding to his lengthy arrest record and acts genuinely interested in his kids, I'll not be giving him the benefit of the doubt. I think Adumb is a liar and shady as hell. He also shows an astonishing lack of judgement - posting bathtub pics for the public and bringing sex offenders around his kids. And I really can't fault Chelsea for being upset that her daughter is upset by her dad's lack of involvement. That would break my heart too. Likely, Chelsea feels guilty for giving Aubrey such a dad.

Chelsea doesn't have a lot of credibility because she has made it known that she wishes that Adam would disappear now that she has found a replacement. Aubrey clearly enjoys her fathers company so no need for heartbreak.

Adams contempt for the show makes me doubt that Teen Mom is a driving force in him being involved with his two girls. I would guess the producers are in charge of where they film, for example, Chelsea, Cole and Aubrey at the pumpkin patch. Leah at her sisters, etc. what they show us is 30 seconds of what might be a 2 hour trip to an indoor playground. They show Adam on the phone and Aubrey looking worn out (sad). To be fair they also choose to show Chelsea being woefully incompetent when it comes to Aubreys meltdowns. I'm sure she doesn't appreciate that.

It's true, Adam will be in a better position as more time passes between all of his trouble. Adam will stand a better chance with encouragement and support. Chelsea and family look very small in what they are trying to do to Adams relationship with his daughter.

• Love 4

And Chelsea is constantly on her phone, and she's on the phone trashing aubrees dad no less. Could you imagine if Adam ended up with 50 50 custody and had Aubree calling his girlfriend mom? She would lose her mind.

• Love 5

So....seriously, is Uncle Dave intellectually disabled or just burnt from all the drugs?

I really can't even bring myself to snark on him because I'd feel bad for making fun of him if he legitimately has some type of intellectual disability and I think it's a real possibility.

So all I'll say is this....he makes Nathan look like a rocket scientist and Kieffer look like a Nobel laureate.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 12

So....seriously, is Uncle Dave intellectually disabled or just burnt from all the drugs?

I really can't even bring myself to snark on him because I'd feel bad for making fun of him if he legitimately has some type of intellectual disability and I think it's a real possibility.

So all I'll say is this....he makes Nathan look like a rocket scientist and Kieffer look like a Nobel laureate.

Nah. I thinks he's just a big, dumb guy that uses his fists to solve things. 

Nah. I thinks he's just a big, dumb guy that uses his fists to solve things.

He's not even THAT motivated. I think I've only seen him sitting and blankly staring or wiping off jenelle's kitchen counters.

ETA: just remembered he's been arrested for physical violence. Sorry, my bad. He's probably received to many knocks to the head.

Edited by Little Spoon
  • Love 2
CofCinci, on 19 Apr 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

This biggest injustice from this episode --- Janelle is in NYC and dines at a fucking Buca di Beppo. She is steps away from some of the best restaurants in the world and goes to a chain restaurant while wearing her stripper glitter gown.

And orders cheese fries.

JoannKB, on 19 Apr 2016 - 7:04 PM, said:

Janelle loves the drama, but I thought her description of anxiety "It feels like the room is too small" was so spot on that it was probably real. <snip>

Or maybe the room just seemed small when the light reflecting off her sequined top temporarily blinded her.

Note: I'm no stranger to sequined attire myself. But I don't get all dolled up in sequins to go gobble down a plate of cheese fries. I save MY sequins for restaurants that have foie gras and truffles on the menu. Just sayin'

• Love 7

He was with his real primary caregiver, Javi's mother, in the room the hide Javi's people during filming.

Exactly, and I know that from reading other places, but it was so out of place on the show. Here we are at Javi's already crappy looking last dinner with the family before deployment and "Lincoln isn't here because he's sick." Ok fine but babies can't exactly just call in sick and veg on the couch all day. I think they should have said who was watching him or where he was. Minor point I guess but it bugged me.

• Love 3

Adams contempt for the show makes me doubt that Teen Mom is a driving force in him being involved with his two girls.

If he had so much contempt for the show, he wouldn't participate. Except he signs up for it, year after year. And again, it wasn't just the show's editing showing Adam staring at his phone countless times when with Aubree, but Aubree herself complaining that he doesn't play with her and is always on his phone. That's not editing. And he never disputed going away for the weekend - Father's Day weekend - when Aubree was at his parent's house and could have spent the entire 2 days with her. To me, he's the male Janelle - a self-pitying, selfish asshole who doesn't care about or put any effort into being a parent, and spends all their tv time bemoaning the custodial parent of their child.

• Love 6

He's not even THAT motivated. I think I've only seen him sitting and blankly staring or wiping off jenelle's kitchen counters.

ETA: just remembered he's been arrested for physical violence. Sorry, my bad. He's probably received to many knocks to the head.

Lest we forget what a gem Jenelle picked for her new soulmate. This list is minus the DV with his ex and the resulting no contact order.

http://starcasm.net/archives/330019

• Love 1

Sorry, I don't buy the idea that this is something Chelsea and family are trying to do to Adam. Adam has done it all to himself. All of his problems are because of him, just like Leah. Chelsea gives a blank stare because she probably doesn't know what else to do. She knows if she reacts Aubree will

Catch on, if she comments, Aubree will catch on. My husband has been terrible to me and neglects spending any time with my daughter. Now that she is ten, she sees it, and now she comments on it. Especially when she sees other daddy's she asks why hers can't be that way. I have to apologize and tell her I'm sorry baby, I don't know. Sometimes you just don't know how to answer those questions and a blank stare is all you can do. Aubree isn't too young to see it herself. I don't feel any sympathy for Adam at all.

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 6

If he had so much contempt for the show, he wouldn't participate. Except he signs up for it, year after year. And again, it wasn't just the show's editing showing Adam staring at his phone countless times when with Aubree, but Aubree herself complaining that he doesn't play with her and is always on his phone. That's not editing. And he never disputed going away for the weekend - Father's Day weekend - when Aubree was at his parent's house and could have spent the entire 2 days with her. To me, he's the male Janelle - a self-pitying, selfish asshole who doesn't care about or put any effort into being a parent, and spends all their tv time bemoaning the custodial parent of their child.

Yes!!

• Love 2

No one has mentioned it so maybe I'm the only one who feels this way. . .but did anyone else think the location for the girlses birthday party was a spectacularly bad choice. I know that these jumping places are all the rage, and it looked like the girls truly were having a good time. But Ali struggles so much with mobility and "keeping up" with her sister that it just seems to me like taking them to this place that requires a lot of physical activity was just not the best idea here.

• Love 7

Sorry, I don't buy the idea that this is something Chelsea and family are trying to do to Adam. Adam has done it all to himself. All of his problems are because of him, just like Leah. Chelsea gives a blank stare because she probably doesn't know what else to do. She knows if she reacts Aubree will

Catch on, if she comments, Aubree will catch on. My husband has been terrible to me and neglects spending any time with my daughter. Now that she is ten, she sees it, and now she comments on it. Especially when she sees other daddy's she asks why hers can't be that way. I have to apologize and tell her I'm sorry baby, I don't know. Sometimes you just don't know how to answer those questions and a blank stare is all you can do. Aubree isn't too young to see it herself. I don't feel any sympathy for Adam at all.[/quote

I don't think it's necessarily sympathy for Adam , it's sympathy for Aubree. Even though Adam is a fuck up he is aubrees dad and Chelsea should be telling Aubree that her dad loves her Not acting like a weirdo every time his name comes up and acting like Aubree can't understand who they are talking about and asking negative questions every time she's been over for a visit. I don't think anybody on here is an Adam fan, but she doesn't get to just say hey now that I have Cole Adam should disappear.

• Love 2

Eh, I still think despite all the comments on here that Chelsea doesn't do anything wrong when she talks to Aubree about Adam. I'm sorry but Aubree comes home from weekends with Adam and she asks things about did she play or see her Dad and Aubree answers no. It's kind of funny how on TM original recipe we give Ryan crap for how little he plays with Bentley and no one ever gets on Maci this much when she asks Bentley about it. At least not like this. It's just funny to me.

Maybe you forgot. I clearly recall many comments to the contrary. Going to stop here because the mods have posted more than once about commenting about the board itself.

Adam bitches about the editing except his actions have spoken LOUD AND CLEAR. He and Leah are two of a kind with their editing claims. They can leave the show if they cannot handle the heat.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

Did jenelle really want a ps4 for her bday?

I just saw that too! What, these idiots brought it on the plane with them both ways? It was huge!

Also, when Issac was crying at dinner, Kail said "Don't worry, Javi will be back!" After a good 10 second pause, Javi agreed, "Yeah, I'll be back".

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 5

No one has mentioned it so maybe I'm the only one who feels this way. . .but did anyone else think the location for the girlses birthday party was a spectacularly bad choice. I know that these jumping places are all the rage, and it looked like the girls truly were having a good time. But Ali struggles so much with mobility and "keeping up" with her sister that it just seems to me like taking them to this place that requires a lot of physical activity was just not the best idea here.

I dunno, I can go two totally different directions on this. As a kid with a disability who was in a wheelchair full time, I can say that sometimes I just wanted to do "normal" stuff and go "normal" places, even if that meant sitting in my chair watching my friends have fun. I was never ignored even if I couldn't do 99% of the activities, and I think that mattered. My friends would still come by and see me, smile at me, throw those "ball pit" balls at me, etc. (ETA: in a friendly kid kinda way, since I couldn't go in the ball pit - they weren't being jerks :) )

On the flip side sometimes it just got so aggravating not to do stuff like everyone else. I was more mad at the disability than the activity, but I did like it when we had an activity that everyone (including me) could do.

My hope is that they asked both girls what they wanted to do and that Ali was okay with this plan.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 5

Catch on, if she comments, Aubree will catch on. all.

Listen to the conversation between Aubrey and her grandmother. Aubrey has no interest at first. She said "I only want to call my real daddy "daddy." When grandma tries to speak about how great it is that Coke is in her life, Aubrey keeps saying yuck, yuck, yuck, like a little kid would do. Then her whole body language changes, her tone changes and she says "daddy doesn't play with me." Grandma gets choked up. Rinse. Parents do this all the time in custody battles.

Yes, Adam has done some horrible things and he has no one to blame but himself. When does someone get a second chance? So he went away for Father's Day, so what? Some people don't honor Hallmark holidays. Would it have been better if it was a different weekend? So he talks about going to grandmas. That where Aubrey stays.

The court did the right thing by continuing supervised visits and re-visit it again in 6 mos. we have a judicial system that believes in rehabilitation and giving people a chance to change their behavior and become productive members of society. This is exactly what Adam is doing.

• Love 6

A couple notes after watching:

Thank you Corey for not letting Gracie get away with the "my teacher lied comment". As a teacher, I appreciate being backed up and a parent who can admit that their kid did something wrong.

Also, I have the shirt Leah wore to dinner with Jeremy. Now I am questioning all my life choices.

• Love 15