Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Hindsight

• Start Topic

Honestly the fact that Chelsea takes such offense to Adam not spending all the time with Aubree during her visits just proved how bitter she really is. She straight admits she wants Adam out of the picture. She fights him legally at every turn when he tries to get more time. She should be happy if he's around Aubree less, it is exactly what she wants.

• Love 4

More likely, she's upset that she loses a weekend with Aubree...a weekend Aubree is supposed to spend with her father...only to hear time and again that Adam couldn't be bothered to spend any real time with her. Its hard to see your kids disappointed.

Have we ever seen Adam with his daughters without a friend present? He says that he's had his license back for a while now, so why does he constantly have his friends around during is "custody" weekends? Asked what he does with Aubree for fun he says he takes her to the gym. A 6 year old girl hanging with a bunch of rooted muscle heads. I'm sure it isn't her first choice. Can't he devote the other 3 weekends/month at the gym and with his friends? Loser.

• Love 15

I loved how Cory put the smackdown on Gracie after she called the teacher a liar.

I was reminded of the claims Leah made about the teachers and Cory being in cahoots as they tried to paint Leah as a bad mother for making the girlses constantly late.

Sure Leah. If that were the case shouldn't your daughter be receiving "A's" instead of a "D" for her work? I mean, Cory and the teachers are obviously conspiring.

• Love 9

I loved how Cory put the smackdown on Gracie after she called the teacher a liar.

I was reminded of the claims Leah made about the teachers and Cory being in cahoots as they tried to paint Leah as a bad mother for making the girlses constantly late.

Sure Leah. If that were the case shouldn't your daughter be receiving "A's" instead of a "D" for her work? I mean, Cory and the teachers are obviously conspiring.

I loved that! But, ya'll know, that was the teacher that falsified the attendance records to make Leah look bad. She has time stamped pictures!

• Love 5

More likely, she's upset that she loses a weekend with Aubree...a weekend Aubree is supposed to spend with her father...only to hear time and again that Adam couldn't be bothered to spend any real time with her. Its hard to see your kids disappointed.

Have we ever seen Adam with his daughters without a friend present? He says that he's had his license back for a while now, so why does he constantly have his friends around during is "custody" weekends? Asked what he does with Aubree for fun he says he takes her to the gym. A 6 year old girl hanging with a bunch of rooted muscle heads. I'm sure it isn't her first choice. Can't he devote the other 3 weekends/month at the gym and with his friends? Loser.

Good point on the first part.

As to the second, I think he still has supervised visitation. Not sure how his friends qualify, but whatever.

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 2

I think IMO (and I really am trying to be as neutral as possible), Adam is getting second (and third and fourth) chances by the court. Which is the party deciding these things. IMO, Adam is constantly trying to float this idea that Chelsea is punishing him or keeping him from Aubree and she's not. She sends Aubree over during his scheduled time and it's up to him how he spends that time. So far he hasn't spent it wisely and the court has responded by keeping his time with Aubree limited and supervised. This is not something that Chelsea is doing to him.

As for how Chelsea speaks about him, I agree she should cool it unless Aubree brings it up. In which case, I don't know. What do you say? You Dad loves you in some vague way that requires no effort so don't start to count on him, but he does love you. But anyway, Chelsea should be the bigger person (although I have yet to see Adam get through a sceen without trashing Chelsea), but Chelsea calling him a dick has nothing to do with why he doesn't have custody.

• Love 8

Count on him for what? He isn't even allowed to be alone with her. And Chelsea wants it that way. Like the grocery shopping trip, Chelsea doesn't want Adam to get it together and have Aubree more and have to shop for her so why is bitching that he doesn't ? its unhealthy for Aubree to constantly be manipulated by Chelsea and her parents. She will form her own opinions in time, there is no reason for them to constantly imply that Adam doesn't love her enough to be a person that he simply isn't. They should just let her enjoy her time at Adams parents for what it is and stop focusing on what Adam isn't doing before Aubree starts to wonder what is wrong with her and blame herself.

• Love 4

Adam admits to taking Aubree to the gym. Clearly he is spitting at the court system because he is violating the court order which states he has supervised visitation.

Does anyone really believe his parents go to the gym to conduct thise court-ordered supervised visits?

Adam continues to break the law as he cries foul. Sounds like Jenelle.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6

Even though Adam is a fuck up he is aubrees dad and Chelsea should be telling Aubree that her dad loves her.

Why would she tell her that, esp. if she doesn't know it to be true? Maybe we're watching a different show, but I don't see any expressions of love. I've seen a lot of neglect and disinterest over the years. That doesn't mean he can't change, but it hasn't happened yet, at least in a demonstrative way.

When does someone get a second chance? So he went away for Father's Day, so what? Some people don't honor Hallmark holidays. Would it have been better if it was a different weekend?

As I remember it, Chelsea was expressing some of her "Cole is a better father figure" spiel and wanted them all to spend that weekend together, but capitulated only hecause it was Father's Day. Only to have Adam jet off to Vegas (I think) to party with his friends. So yea, I would say that weekend in particular is a good ex. of Adam's priorities. What father who claims he wants more time with his daughter goes away for the weekend when said daughter is available to him for that allotment of time? Like I said earlier, he's just like Janelle - in reality, he really doesn't care about spending time with Aubree, he only says he does so he doesn't look like such an asshole on tv.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 9

Also notice that we didn't see Chelsea's mom mention that she brought up the entire thing and left out aubrees comments that she wants to call her father dad and how she said yuck a bunch of times. I think that Chelsea's mom wanted Chelsea to shut up about Adam being out of her life because they don't need proof of the parental alienation on film. We don't know how much time Adam does or doesn't spend. She asks a kid who just started kindergarten to define time. One time could have been all day or maybe not. But I definitely wouldn't go by what Aubree says when Chelsea is grilling her.

Also i do see a difference between jenelle and Adam. Jenelle couldn't give a shit about getting have back and literally says no I'll do it after x y and z. Or jace is happy where he is. Or whatever. Adam is trying and gets denied because he's a fuck up. Nobody is denying that.

• Love 3

I wish everyone in Aubree's life would just ask her "did you have a fun weekend?" and "what'd you do?" instead of "were you with daddy?" and "what'd you and daddy do?"  The first two seem like normal questions, the last two seem like they're trying to put a wedge between Aubree and Adam. I'm sure it's producer driven, but I think it'd seem a lot less like possible parental alienation if they just asked more appropriate questions.

• Love 15

She will form her own opinions in time, there is no reason for them to constantly imply that Adam doesn't love her enough to be a person that he simply isn't.

Perfect.

Adam is either going to grow as a man or fail. It's in Aubreys best interest for him to succeed and to do that he could use all the positive support he can get.

• Love 4

Honestly the fact that Chelsea takes such offense to Adam not spending all the time with Aubree during her visits just proved how bitter she really is. She straight admits she wants Adam out of the picture. She fights him legally at every turn when he tries to get more time. She should be happy if he's around Aubree less, it is exactly what she wants.

Why wouldn't Chelsea fight him legally when he wants 50/50 custody? He has done nothing to prove that he deserves that. He doesn't even spend a lot of time with Aubree with the time he gets now. He is also bring a sex offender around her, so I can absolutely see why Chelsea doesn't want him to have anything but supervised visitation. Adam brought this all on himself.

• Love 6

So the dad show was definitely more entertaining than the mom show and the host actually asked a few real questions and was funny, but still WTF? I don't know why Dumbvid/David was on the show...please don't let them be pregnant. I loved how they questioned Leah's housekeeping habits. I found Jo's response to the Barbie question, as well as the uncomfortable seat shifting by the others, a little unsettling. I could see Isaac asking for a Barbie just because he's sweet and sensitive and probably curious about all toys.

I think Chelsea and her family cross the line often about Adam and what they say around Aubrey, but he's just scummy and I feel like if his lips are moving, he's being less than truthful. Based on his arrest and driving record, I don't trust his judgment, nor would I want my child to be with him or around some of his friends unsupervised and his parents don't count. He has been just as wrong trying to manipulate Aubrey into saying things. It's just sad all the way around.

• Love 2

Yes, he should have chosen another weekend. It's Father's Day. If he's so proud of being a daddy, spend the weekend you get your child WITH your child. It's scheduled so you already know when she's coming. Plan your trip for another weekend. Priorities. My daughter is my main priority. Me and my needs/wants are not. She is. No hesitation.

I understand why he talks about going to Grandmas. That's where Aubree has to be. Grandma is supposed to be right there with Adam supervising. He needs to prove he can follow all the rules for a longer period of time. If it were me, I would need more than 6 months to prove a complete change in someone. My husband puts on a great show in front of people. He is the most unaffectionate, unloving, untrustworthy person I have ever met. he completely ignores me and our daughter while flirting with other women on hookup sites when we are on the same couch! I have a feeling Adam is the same way. Great in front of people, not so great in private.

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 6

Yes, he should have chosen another weekend. It's Father's Day. If he's so proud of being a daddy, spend the weekend you get your child WITH your child. It's scheduled so you already know when she's coming. Plan your trip for another weekend. Priorities. My daughter is my main priority. Me and my needs/wants are not. She is. No hesitation.

I understand why he talks about going to Grandmas. That's where Aubree has to be. Grandma is supposed to be right there with Adam supervising. He needs to prove he can follow all the rules for a longer period of time. If it were me, I would need more than 6 months to prove a complete change in someone. My husband puts on a great show in front of people. He is the most unaffectionate, unloving, untrustworthy person I have ever met. he completely ignores me and our daughter while flirting with other women on hookup sites when we are on the same couch! I have a feeling Adam is the same way. Great in front of people, not so great in private.

As I said at the time, I didn't really care that it was Father's Day. That's a big whatever. It's just that it was his weekend and he gets so little time with Aubree as it is and it was a party, not a job interview or something. As a judge I'd be hard pressed to give more custody to a man that has trouble maintaining for1 weekend a month. None of which excuses Chelsea letting her mouth get the better of her in front of Aubree. She really needs to learn to chill with that. When she's just hanging out with her girlfriends? Let it rip. If I were in Chelsea's position and dealing with Adam, I'd be bitter as hell too, but you got to watch it in front of the kids.

Jeanelle is so going to get knocked up again. What is wrong with her?

And didn't he try to defend it by saying he needed "me time"? His whole life is "me time"! Such a douchebag.

I honestly don't blame Chelsea for saying she wishes he would just go away. Obviously she should have thought about this before procreating with this slime ball and now that she has she must deal with him but it doesn't mean she isn't allowed to be frustrated.

And I do think she is a little heavy handed with the Cole is great talk but I don't think her questions, or her reactions to the answers she receives, are out of line. If I leave my kids with my husband for the evening the first thing I ask when I get back is "did you have fun with daddy?" because that's who they're spending time with and I am interested in what they did. If they responded the way Aubree does, I might have the same blank stare that Chelsea has. For someone who is an active, engaged parent it's hard to even imagine someone caring so little for their children (thankfully, my husband is not an Adam!).

Edited by ivgotspirit02
  • Love 9
NikSac, on 19 Apr 2016 - 9:50 PM, said:

I dunno, I can go two totally different directions on this. As a kid with a disability who was in a wheelchair full time, I can say that sometimes I just wanted to do "normal" stuff and go "normal" places, even if that meant sitting in my chair watching my friends have fun. I was never ignored even if I couldn't do 99% of the activities, and I think that mattered. My friends would still come by and see me, smile at me, throw those "ball pit" balls at me, etc. (ETA: in a friendly kid kinda way, since I couldn't go in the ball pit - they weren't being jerks :) )

On the flip side sometimes it just got so aggravating not to do stuff like everyone else. I was more mad at the disability than the activity, but I did like it when we had an activity that everyone (including me) could do.

My hope is that they asked both girls what they wanted to do and that Ali was okay with this plan.

Ali looked like she is still able to do some of the things the other kids were doing there. Not everything, but it appeared she was jumping in there and participating as much as she was able. Whether Dr. Tsao would have approved is a completely different matter - I suspect he would not.

To me there's two separate issues. The first is you have a kid who perhaps should not be engaging in that level of physical activity because it leads to more rapid progression of her disorder, so taking her to a place where she is still able to participate in some of the activities and then forbidding her to do so (while everyone around her is enjoying what the venue has to offer) would be cruel.

On the other hand, both Leah and Corey have to address the problem of ensuring not everything revolves around Ali, and making sure Gracie feels special and her needs are met, too.

Perhaps a better solution would have been to plan two activities - one centered on Gracie's interests and abilities, and another more suited to Ali's. Logistically that would have been more complicated, but if I'm right about Ali's participating in the ball pit place activities not being good for her, it would have been easier for Ali to accept "Ali, you can't do the things here - they aren't good for you. I know that's frustrating, but we've got such-and-such planned, too - and in a bit we're going to all go do that and it's going to be a lot of fun, too!"

• Love 4

And didn't he try to defend it by saying he needed "me time"? His whole life is "me time"! Such a douchebag.

I honestly don't blame Chelsea for saying she wishes he would just go away. Obviously she should have thought about this before procreating with this slime ball and now that she has she must deal with him but it doesn't mean she isn't allowed to be frustrated.

And I do think she is a little heavy handed with the Cole is great talk but I don't think her questions, or her reactions to the answers she receives, are out of line. If I leave my kids with my husband for the evening the first thing I ask when I get back is "did you have fun with daddy?" because that's who they're spending time with and I am interested in what they did. If they responded the way Aubree does, I might have the same blank stare that Chelsea has. For someone who is an active, engaged parent it's hard to even imagine someone caring so little for their children (thankfully, my husband is not an Adam!).

Agreed. You word it so much better than I can.

• Love 1

Actually Leah filed for divorce, not Corey. The lawyer told her he hadn't filed and asked if she was 100% sure she wanted to do it. She said yes.

And I don't see Leah as being condemned. It wasn't like he was sleeping with her and then telling anyone who would listen that she was a cheap slut. To this day I'd argue he has continued to treat her respectfully. He has been more honest lately that she's not doing a very good job at parenting but that was out of necessity, not malice.

As far as why his cheating is maybe considered less offensive than say kailyn or Leah, I'd say it's because Corey does have redeeming qualities. I don't really think Leah or Kailyn do. That's a judgment call and I don't expect everyone to agree. It's not that cheating in itself is okay because Corey did it, it's that Corey still has numerous instances of being a fundamentally good person while Leah and Kail...don't.

I can't argue that repeated infidelity is disturbing and I personally would not have forgiven him, nor would I trust that going forward it won't ever be an issue again, should Leah get her shit together. Corey has a weakness for Leah and always has. But Miranda clearly feels it's worth another chance. I like Miranda too and hope Corey is over whatever hold Leah had on him.

His act of cheating, though, regardless of anything else, was far worse than Kailyn's. She had a boyfriend and was 18, he was older and had a new wife. And it was more than once, on and off for several months. That's what I mean about the double standard. It feels gendered to me but perhaps that's not true. Regardless of anything else these people have done, he was a repeated adulterer and that in and of itself takes away a lot from anything I can respect about someone's character. It's also hard to see his complaining about Leah as 100% sincere when he obviously didn't find much wrong with her and considered her preferable to, at least occasionally, and more important than, his wife. Maybe that's not what he meant to communicate, but that's what cheating repeatedly says.

By "condemned" I just mean that he acted like it was an awful thing to do, which it is, but then turned around and did it himself. And he told Leah he was going to file for divorce, so she cut him off at the pass, was my understanding.

Anyway, he certainly probably wouldn't touch Leah now with a ten foot pole if she begged him stark naked, so that's something. But Jeremy is clearly in love with Leah and in denial (kidding). It's so hard for me to see why anyone would have "a weakness" for this girl, but apparently she's hot stuff in their town, I guess.

• Love 2

How did Leah turn Jeremy saying he didn't have anything else to do the night of the concert, into he REALLY wanted to go?

He was more into the concert than Corey? She's delusional, and so desperate it's embarrassing to watch.

• Love 9

Right!? And I highly doubt Corey was at the concert bored as fxck. And going on and on that Gracie laid on him being such a big deal... I'm sure Jeremy cares for the girls and shows them attention, and Gracie does not strike me as the type to be too particular about who she likes... I don't mean that sketchy, there just isn't a really easy way to say it without sounding like I'm slut shaming a 6yr old. But my point is I'm pretty sure she would have rested on the closest adult in proximity.

Also count me in on the team happy Corey shut down Gracie when she said the teacher was lying... I know kids will usually try to deflect when in trouble, but I do think to a degree this is the behavior modeled by Leah... Immediately accusing someone who says something negative of lying.

That dinner scene with Leah and Jeremy was painful, even more so than Dave and Jenelles date, btw I will be sending Jenelle the bill from my eye doctor from the shirt she wore.

• Love 5

That dinner scene with Leah and Jeremy was painful, even more so than Dave and Jenelles date, btw I will be sending Jenelle the bill from my eye doctor from the shirt she wore.

Germy must've been talked into that dinner by the producers, because he looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there.  He was looking everywhere but at Leah, like he was hoping to make eye contact with someone who would save him. You could see the dollar signs glinting in Leah's eyes, because I'm convinced that is all she sees when she looks at Germs. Ain't true love, that is for sure, and she has Mr. Dues at home so I doubt it was purely sexual. Leah was hunting for her after TM2 security and Germy doesn't want any of that.

Jenelle's shirt looked like a Lady GaGa reject. Guess she has to show off her mediocre boob job at every turn. To bad she never wants to show off her children as much as her plastic surgeries and tech gadgets.

His act of cheating, though, regardless of anything else, was far worse than Kailyn's. She had a boyfriend and was 18, he was older and had a new wife. And it was more than once, on and off for several months. That's what I mean about the double standard. It feels gendered to me but perhaps that's not true. Regardless of anything else these people have done, he was a repeated adulterer and that in and of itself takes away a lot from anything I can respect about someone's character...It's so hard for me to see why anyone would have "a weakness" for this girl, but apparently she's hot stuff in their town,

I don't know that anyone is excusing Corey for cheating or making it a gender issue; as a fan of Corey's I was pretty disappointed that he not only cheated but with Leah. Is he a repeated adulterer, though? Genuine question, I was under the impression he maybe cheated once with Leah, at least while he was with Miranda. Can't remember. I'm no fan of cheating, but I think there is a big difference between one or two isolated incidences and serial cheating. I'm not excusing Corey and I don't understand how men find Leah that attractive, but in Corey''s case, she was probably his first love and they have children together. Plus, having watched their 16&P not long ago, it was pretty obvious that Leah was considered hot shit in their holler and she expected to be treated as such. She never treated Corey like he was worthy of her and he did take a lot of crap off of her. I think he didn't have the greatest self-esteem, especially in relation towards Leah. He sort of said as much at the last reunion.

Again, I'm not excusing Corey. He really needs to kiss the ground Miranda walks on each and every day for forgiving him. Unlike Leah, Miranda's past of gainful employment shows she doesn't "need" a man so she didn't have to stay and deal with that crap. I assume she stayed because the personal and emotional benefits outweighed the adultery taint. I still think Corey is one of the better people in the entire franchise, and I truly hope he learned from his mistakes and won't repeat them.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 8

His act of cheating, though, regardless of anything else, was far worse than Kailyn's. She had a boyfriend and was 18, he was older and had a new wife. And it was more than once, on and off for several months. That's what I mean about the double standard. It feels gendered to me but perhaps that's not true.hard for me to see why anyone would have "a weakness" for this girl, but apparently she's hot stuff in their town, I guess.

I definitely agree that Corey's infidelity was way worse than Kailyn's. But I don't see it as, when a girl cheats, she's a dirty, amoral whore, whereas when a guy does it, he's just making a mistake. Rather I see it as, Kailyn is a shitty person all around, and her cheating on Jordan was just one more shitty thing she did (the far more egregious things she's done include battery, parental alienation, false filing of domestic charges and protection order, racist comments), vs. Corey, who has done many upstanding things, but failed his wife in a major way. I really don't see it as a double standard. The two situations are really apples and oranges.

as a fan of Corey's I was pretty disappointed that he not only cheated but with Leah. Is he a repeated adulterer, though? Genuine question, I was under the impression he maybe cheated once with Leah, at least while he was with Miranda. Can't remember. I'm no fan of cheating, but I think there is a big difference between one or two isolated incidences and serial cheating.

Corey has been accused of cheating multiple times with Leah, from 2013 to I believe even as recent as Miranda's pregnancy. He has admitted that "some things" happened and has not really specified. I do believe his evasiveness is more out of respect to Miranda's privacy than a desire to protect himself, because I am sure Miranda found the whole situation humiliating.

I personally think it was a chronic thing. I don't think Corey has ever gotten over Leah. As to why, when Miranda is superior in every conceivable way, I could not tell you, but that is what I think.

ETA: I think Leah is enough of a hot mess NOW that Corey would want nothing to do with her, but if she cleaned up her act, I could not say the same thing.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 6

And then there was the little bonus scene of David dropping truth bombs on us by exalting the greatness of horse drawn carriages and admonishing animal rights activists at the same time because, "that's wut dis kuntry wuz bee-illt own." Yes, David. Also, Lahf is liike uh box a Chock Litts. And Jenelle right by him nodding, "Yuup, that's why they call it 'horse power.'" Damn, I watched more intellectually stimulating dialogue in Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey. At this point, I think the editors are having fun with how ridiculously dumb David is. And I wouldn't doubt Jenelle paid for all these people to go on this trip too. While a virtual stranger watches her baby, several hours and several states away from her.

My viewing buddy and I laughed like a couple of hyenas at that scene. Can you imagine what their dinner table conversation? I can feel the brain cells dying. The only thing these two do is get baked and bang.

This biggest injustice from this episode --- Janelle is in NYC and dines at a fucking Buca di Beppo. She is steps away from some of the best restaurants in the world and goes to a chain restaurant while wearing her stripper glitter gown.

Right? So klassy! And they probably thought they were getting authentic Italian food.

Perfect.

Adam is either going to grow as a man or fail. It's in Aubreys best interest for him to succeed and to do that he could use all the positive support he can get.

I watched Chelsea's 16 and Pregnant episode the other day. Adam has not changed one iota. He was a self centered, verbally abusive uncaring man child then too. It broke my heart to see how many times he'd tell Chelsea to "stop being stupid" or "you're so annoying" or "why are you so dumb?". I'm just glad she has enough together and sufficient self esteem to not fall into the trap of being with men like that again and again. Yes, it took her a long time to free herself from him, but she did take her time, put her child first, and found a good man. I thought she and Cole were ridiculously cute on their trip and "wait, take a picture with these starfish on my boobs" made me laugh. Is Chelsea the only one of these girls who isn't constantly jetting off on vacation to deal with the "stress"? She is far from perfect but I wish her nothing but the best.

• Love 7

Regarding the Chelsea/Adam/Cole situation, I think what irks me is the constant badgering of Aubree over how she feels about Cole, the relationship, his parenting skills, the engagement etc. Aubree already likes him, just let her be for God's sake. You could see her getting restless when Lois Griffin asked her the same questions she probably hears a thousand times a day from Chelsea and everyone else in the Houska family.

I'm genuinely happy for Chelsea, but this "Cole is Jesus with a Northern accent" nonsense is getting annoying.

• Love 7

I assume most of the Adam talk is prompted and pushed by producers. It's sort of irritating because I wouldn't mind just watching Aubree do something fun or funny with her grandma, or knowing more about the rest of Chelsea's family, or what Aubree enjoys, or even about how/why Randy's marriage to Chelsea's mom ended if they want to talk drama. I don't need to hear about Adam yet again. The MTV producers really push the same 2-3 issues every single episode and force a certain storyline. Adam is Chelsea's storyline. I guess because they assume any level of basic functioning (it's not like Chelsea and co are the most incredible, selfless people on earth, they're just basically normal people and even that's too "good" for MTV) is not fun to watch. I actually feel like the extreme dysfunction we constantly see ends up desensitizing the viewer. Jenelle's 800th court date or someone screaming absolute bloody murder or watching Adam be a shitty father for the umpteenth time get old and wear you down as a viewer.

Re: the Corey situation, it was definitely more than once. He was accused of cheating before the marriage and for "several months" afterward. He has never denied this, even when sitting right next to Leah and Miranda on national television, and in fact simply responded that "they had moved past that." So I'm inclined to believe it wasn't a 1-time thing since they were in the middle of a fight and that was the one thing Leah said that he didn't dispute in any way.

All I can say is that I hope he now worships Miranda and the ground she walks on daily. Even on the most superficial level (beauty, looks) all the way to the soul/moral level, she is far superior to Leah and he humiliated her by betraying her. I'm sure Leah privately cackled about that as well and felt vindicated. Ugh.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 6

I can give Chelsea a pass for some of the questions she asks when Aubree comes home. My son had the day off last Monday and was home with his daddy (who is a very active parent) while I was at work. The first question I asked my son when I got home was what did you and daddy do today?  I think it's just a natural question. I ask him what he did at school that day when I pick him up too. I am just interested in his day.

I was catching up on the season the other day and my son walked into the room during the scene when Gracie was saying she was hungry, cold, and had no lunch. The first words out of his mouth were "wow, she's a really mean mom"

• Love 2
did anyone else think the location for the girlses birthday party was a spectacularly bad choice.

i can see why this might be a difficult choice for the girlses parents to make, and I think Leah can't win here.  Maybe Gracie really wanted to go, maybe Ali did too, I just think someone would be criticizing her for this regardless of which choice they had ultimately made.

I can also see both sides with the whole Chelsea-Aubrey-Adumb argument.  I do think Chelsea and her family need to stop pushing the issue, just be there to support Aubrey when she comes home and follow the court order.  I think Aubrey is pretty sick of it herself; that nah-nah-nah stuff while her grandmother was talking was classic childspeak for "I'm sick of this".

And if Adumb is serious about spending time with his daughters, then spend time with them.  Pay attention to them, it really doesn't take much to make your kid happy. Oh yes, and try not to commit any more crimes.

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 3

I'm sure Leah privately cackled about that as well and felt vindicated. Ugh.

PRIVATELY cackled? You think better of her than I do. I'm sure Leah smirks over it whenever she comes into contact with Miranda. In fact, I bet the only reason Leah hasn't said more (on camera or social media) is that it happened while Leah was with Jeremy, and Leah still maintains she never cheated.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 4

PRIVATELY cackled? You think better of her than I do. I'm sure Leah smirks over it whenever she comes into contact with Miranda. In fact, I bet the only reason Leah hasn't said more (on camera or social media) is that it happened while Leah was with Jeremy, and Leah still maintains she never cheated.

Haha, true. Miranda would have been 100% justified in leaving and could have found a man as good or better quite easily. I'm sure Leah sees it as a victory. I bet Corey is embarrassed by it too, especially now.

• Love 3

Listen to the conversation between Aubrey and her grandmother. Aubrey has no interest at first. She said "I only want to call my real daddy "daddy." When grandma tries to speak about how great it is that Coke is in her life, Aubrey keeps saying yuck, yuck, yuck, like a little kid would do. Then her whole body language changes, her tone changes and she says "daddy doesn't play with me." Grandma gets choked up. Rinse. Parents do this all the time in custody battles.

Yes, Adam has done some horrible things and he has no one to blame but himself. When does someone get a second chance? So he went away for Father's Day, so what? Some people don't honor Hallmark holidays. Would it have been better if it was a different weekend? So he talks about going to grandmas. That where Aubrey stays.

The court did the right thing by continuing supervised visits and re-visit it again in 6 mos. we have a judicial system that believes in rehabilitation and giving people a chance to change their behavior and become productive members of society. This is exactly what Adam is doing.

Well, he gets Aubree 2 weekends a month at his parents house.  So yeah, going away during one of those weekends on FATHER'S DAY (which is probably specifically mentioned in their custody agreement) is a really shitty thing to do.   Kids Aubree's age know about Father Day.  They talk about it in school.  Going away on a custody weekend is a shitty enough thing to do, but to do it on that weekend is like adding insult to injury.  Adam is a narcissistic piece of shit.

• Love 9

If I was prodded by a production team to force a conversation with my child I'm sure I couldn't think of anything to say right off the bat. I'd probably ending up asking her if she likes bread. Hahaha

• Love 8

If I was prodded by a production team to force a conversation with my child I'm sure I couldn't think of anything to say right off the bat. I'd probably ending up asking her if she likes bread. Hahaha

On TMOG they specifically prompt them: "How's Gary right now? What does he think about the custody agreement? Have you talked to him today? What does Kristina think about Matt?" The whole time over drinks, at a pizza joint, whatever. I'm assuming they do the same thing...let's go over to Chelsea's while Grandma is there and have her ask about Adam. They're essentially actors/employees.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 3

It’s crystal clear at this point that Chelsea just wants Adam out of the picture so she can settle down as a family with Cole as Aubree’s new dad. She basically said as much to her mother. At this point she’s not even pretending to want to successfully co-parent with Adam anymore. I can’t say I entirely blame her because he truly is a tool - she had a point when she was saying he just should stay out of her life instead of being in it and making things worse, he can’t even unglue his eyes from his phone to pay attention to his kid for a second. But something about the whole thing just rubs me the wrong way. It’s like now she’s got her perfect family unit with Cole, she just wants to erase anything messy and inconvenient that might get in the way of that, instead of facing it.

Having said that, I think Chelsea is by far the best mother out of the four girls, and the least selfish. She’s not perfect but nobody is.

This is the first I’m hearing about Corey’s infidelity and I’m pretty shocked, mainly because I don’t understand why he’d want anything more to do with Leah when he had Miranda. I do think a double standard exists what with Leah being vilified for cheating and Corey barely getting any heat for it, but that’s a separate issue entirely from the way they parent their kids. Maybe people are more willing to look past it with Corey because even if he sucks at being faithful, he’s still a great dad. Whereas Leah apparently sucks at both being a mother and a partner.

Edited by neatoburrito
  • Love 2

Yeah, I think we as humans naturally want a "good guy/girl" in any narrative, and a villain. It's hard to reconcile Corey's good job as a dad with his heartbreaking infidelity. But the same person can do both good and horrible things. I also assume Miranda wanted absolutely none of it mentioned on camera, so it was downplayed.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 4
It’s crystal clear at this point that Chelsea just wants Adam out of the picture so she can settle down as a family with Cole as Aubree’s new dad. She basically said as much to her mother. At this point she’s not even pretending to want to successfully co-parent with Adam anymore. I can’t say I entirely blame her because he truly is a tool - she had a point when she was saying he just should stay out of her life instead of being in it and making things worse, he can’t even unglue his eyes from his phone to pay attention to his kid for a second. But something about the whole thing just rubs me the wrong way. It’s like now she’s got her perfect family unit with Cole, she just wants to erase anything messy and inconvenient that might get in the way of that, instead of facing it.

I agree. Like, I understand how Chelsea feels, and in a way I agree with her. It probably would be better for Aubree if she just didn't have Adam around at all and was spared the on-off disappointment altogether than to have a part-time semi-deadbeat dad who's only around for a fraction of the scant amount of time he has her each month and barely pays any attention to her even then. I understand how she wishes sometimes that Adam would just ... go away. But he's not going to. I mean, he might, who knows with him, but she can't just wish for him to go away, to want him to just bow out and get out of the picture now that she has someone else who's more of a father figure to Aubree than he's ever been and probably will ever be. Because Cole isn't Aubree's father. Adam is. And like it or not he's going to be around for as long as he wants to be and there's nothing she can do about it. I was kind of hoping her mom would be like, yeah, I know how you feel, but he's the dad, what are you gonna do? You can't change that, you just have to try to deal and try to make the best of it for Aubree's sake, etc. Or if she really wanted to be blunt she could have said, well, maybe you should have thought of that before you had unprotected sex with that asshole, but you did and now you gotta suck it up because you're tied to him for another 12 more years so too bad. Or something. But yeah, it would be great if Adam would just go away, but he has the right not to because he's Aubree's father and there's nothing Chelsea or anyone else can do to change that, so, whatever, just deal with the less-than-ideal circumstances and move on.

• Love 3

This is the first I’m hearing about Corey’s infidelity and I’m pretty shocked, mainly because I don’t understand why he’d want anything more to do with Leah when he had Miranda. I do think a double standard exists what with Leah being vilified for cheating and Corey barely getting any heat for it, but that’s a separate issue entirely from the way they parent their kids. Maybe people are more willing to look past it with Corey because even if he sucks at being faithful, he’s still a great dad. Whereas Leah apparently sucks at both being a mother and a partner.

I don't think Leah's really been vilified for cheating. The only reason it comes up is because Leah continues to deny it and try to pin the blame of the dissolution of both her marriages on her respective ex husbands. Leah claimed that she and Corey divorced over him spending all their money on a truck when they had agreed to use the money for a down payment on a house. Leah then insinuated that Jeremy left her because she was depressed and suffering from anxiety. Leah is a lying liar who wants to air everyone else's dirty laundry while continuing to deny she's done anything wrong. To this day, I believe she still denies she cheated on Jeremy with Robbie.

• Love 11

I don't think Leah's really been vilified for cheating. The only reason it comes up is because Leah continues to deny it and try to pin the blame of the dissolution of both her marriages on her respective ex husbands. Leah claimed that she and Corey divorced over him spending all their money on a truck when they had agreed to use the money for a down payment on a house. Leah then insinuated that Jeremy left her because she was depressed and suffering from anxiety. Leah is a lying liar who wants to air everyone else's dirty laundry while continuing to deny she's done anything wrong. To this day, I believe she still denies she cheated on Jeremy with Robbie.

Yeah, I totally agree with you there. She never owns any of her shitty behaviour, it's always somebody else's fault. I still don't understand why she let her inability to stay away from that Robbie guy ruin two marriages that she claims she tried so hard to keep together. 

• Love 7
Chelsea doesn't have a lot of credibility because she has made it known that she wishes that Adam would disappear now that she has found a replacement. Aubrey clearly enjoys her fathers company so no need for heartbreak.

Chelsea has wanted Adumb to disappear long before Cole came along. She felt that way back when he was cheating on her and calling her names and not showing up for Aubrey's events when he promised and conversely showing up without calling, knowing Chelsea would say Aubrey couldn't go with him. I don't blame her. I wouldn't want a man like that in my child's life either. (Of course, she chose him in the beginning, so....) I think Chelsea has actually toned it WAY down lately. In the earlier seasons she was bitching about him constantly, when she wasn't crying hysterically over him. She was a mess. I think she has really matured, and I don't see the big deal in asking your child how their weekend is, what they did with their dad, etc. She is the mother, she has a right to know. I'm pretty sure she HAS to talk about him on camera, as per production, but I think she does her best to try and keep it a lot more casual than she did in earlier years. 

Adams contempt for the show makes me doubt that Teen Mom is a driving force in him being involved with his two girls.

Adumb acts like he loathes the show, but I don't think he does all that much. I think he smirks, because he knows his edit is relatively fair, even though he doesn't like it. But I think he likes the money and the attention (he met girls on social media who'd seen him on TV), and I have no trouble believing he comes around even less when they aren't filming, given the fact that half the time Aubrey is at his parents's house, he's off doing other stuff anyhow. 

Nah. I thinks he's just a big, dumb guy that uses his fists to solve things.

I think Dave has absolutely used a bunch of drugs, probably steroids. He has that crazy big jaw, like Jax from VPR. I bet his brain is totally fried, but I doubt he was ever that bright to begin with. 

• Love 1
Chelsea has wanted Adumb to disappear long before Cole came along. She felt that way back when he was cheating on her and calling her names and not showing up for Aubrey's events when he promised and conversely showing up without calling, knowing Chelsea would say Aubrey couldn't go with him. I don't blame her. I wouldn't want a man like that in my child's life either. (Of course, she chose him in the beginning, so....) I think Chelsea has actually toned it WAY down lately. In the earlier seasons she was bitching about him constantly, when she wasn't crying hysterically over him. She was a mess. I think she has really matured, and I don't see the big deal in asking your child how their weekend is, what they did with their dad, etc. She is the mother, she has a right to know. I'm pretty sure she HAS to talk about him on camera, as per production, but I think she does her best to try and keep it a lot more casual than she did in earlier years.

This is true; her "Go away, Adam" mentality isn't strictly due to Cole's presence in her life. She would take that attitude back in her and Adam's on-again/off-again days, wish that he'd just leave her alone and get annoyed whenever he did happen to call and ask to see Aubree during those times they were broken up. And even after she was actually finally done with that nonsense, she wished he would bow out only because she'd finally had that "ideal family" bubble burst at last and she came to terms with the fact that she didn't actually need him. The problem is the same throughout, though -- it's not quite right to hope her daughter's father would just go away just because she personally has no use for him anymore.

The only reason it comes up is because Leah continues to deny it and try to pin the blame of the dissolution of both her marriages on her respective ex husbands. Leah claimed that she and Corey divorced over him spending all their money on a truck when they had agreed to use the money for a down payment on a house.

From what I recall of those years, this was supposedly kind of true. Supposedly Corey found out about the cheating early in the marriage and they decided to work things out, and it was only after they started to have other issues a few months later, regarding money and the truck and everything, that Corey decided to reveal the affair stuff to the producers and include it in the storyline. I think Leah complained later that Corey only brought it up now, after they'd agreed privately to keep it under wraps from the show, because he was being made out to be the bad guy in their money arguments and he wanted to pass some of the bad guy blame to her.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 1

Yeah, I totally agree with you there. She never owns any of her shitty behaviour, it's always somebody else's fault. I still don't understand why she let her inability to stay away from that Robbie guy ruin two marriages that she claims she tried so hard to keep together. 

My theory on Leah is this: I think she's depressed, and attention from guys temporarily lifts that depression. Or maybe it's more accurate to say it distracts her from her depression. Long before she was abusing actual painkillers, I think this was her original painkiller.

I also think Jeremy contributed to the situation that led to her cheating. That's not to say it was his fault-regardless of the situation, Leah made the decision to cheat and that was wrong. But the way I see it, Jeremy realized pretty quickly how in over his head he was with Leah. This is a chick who demands 100% of her partner's attention at all times and tons of reassurance at all times (again, I see this as Leah's vicodin, before Leah was actually abusing vicodin). That would be emotionally exhausting for anyone, and Jeremy was definitely not prepared to handle it. I think he handled it by taking out of town jobs on purpose to get a much needed breather from her. Leah could sense his distance, which just made her needier and even more exhausting, which only pushed Jeremy away further. Enter Robbie. And enter Corey. And enter probably other randos will never know about. It's not his fault Leah is basically an emotional succubus, but he is the one who wanted to marry her. He is the one who ignored all the warning signs (and there were fucking plenty). He  is the one who pushed for having another kid right away. And now there's a 3 year old in the mix who is basically at the mercy of her mother's mental illness. Just bad choices all around by all parties.

• Love 11
Have we ever seen Adam with his daughters without a friend present? He says that he's had his license back for a while now, so why does he constantly have his friends around during is "custody" weekends? Asked what he does with Aubree for fun he says he takes her to the gym.

Mmmmhmmm, I commented on this many seasons ago. Whether it was a school event or a soccer game, he always had some entourage in tow. I think that's because he can't handle anything he deems "boring" and he needs someone to talk about "cool" stuff with, while he's pretending to care. Also, yes! That aftershow question was very telling. I think the host even asked what Aubrey likes to do, and all he could come up with was that gym answer. It was like when he got her some little 4 wheeler type thing for her birthday a few years back and she clearly wasn't into it. He doesn't seem to know her at all, doesn't seem to care. 

Also i do see a difference between jenelle and Adam. Jenelle couldn't give a shit about getting have back and literally says no I'll do it after x y and z. Or jace is happy where he is. Or whatever. Adam is trying and gets denied because he's a fuck up. Nobody is denying that.

While I agree that Jenelle clearly doesn't really want Jace back, she does "try". Isn't she suing Barb for custody? It's hard to keep all of her court cases straight, but I thought she at least started that process. Again, I believe it's totally half-hearted, but I think she does it to look good. I see Adumb the same way. He wants to LOOK like the devoted dad. I also think he does it to stick it to Chelsea. Back when they were together, but off and on, he showed little to no interest in Aubrey. Once she ended things for good, he started trying to get custody. I think he just wants to fuck with her. He always has. He was mean as hell to her when they were a couple, and I think he'll do/say whatever he can to get under her craw. 

• Love 1