Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Homeward Bound

And then there's Jessa. Yes, what a baby. Whatever. But Adam was adorable and just perfect. Singing to Sample was so so sweet and endearing. Earlier when Laird read the note from Caroline, I started to tear up. I hope she's all right, gets help, and stays with Laird and Sample.

I applaud her for leaving. Thank goodness her mind is still in tact enough that she could make that decision, instead of following through on hurting her daughter. I  hope she gets help, but doesn't Laird have his own issues?

Based on what I've seen, yes, he is the more stable one, but he's always come off as a bit shaky to me.  He's too shaky to be expected to handle  Adam's sister on his own.  

It was not a shock to me, his nonchalant response to his wife being gone for three days. It seemed totally in character to me, because he's definitely been presented as a character that is quite off, weak, and clueless IMO. 

Edited by represent
  • Love 1

Jessa was the one who helped deliver that baby, dunked her head under water.

But she's squeamish about a little spittle and worried about it going down to her but crack?  It was a baby, not a fire hose.

It's gross, though. Babies are really disgusting, especially if you don't have that thing in your head that lets you say "but it's BABY spit. It's BABY vomit. It's BABY poop--it doesn't count!." That little mechanism probably saved our species. I suspect Jessa has the same malfunction about babies that I do, where she doesn't see babies as automatically harmless and adorable and incapable of carrying germs or disease. Imagine it's an old man doing the same thing. You want his vomit going down your butt crack? No. For some of us, "baby" doesn't magically transform the bodily fluids into something harmless.

I think it's foreshadowing that Jessa and Adam will have a baby. Jessa will find lactation absolutely disgusting.

Yes, Jessa stuck her head under the water and delivered HannahJessa. She saved the day, in fact. This is because Jessa is awesome in a crisis. Look at Marnie's wedding. Jessa is really, really good in a crisis.

• Love 8

Right before picking up Hannah, it was nice seeing Ray singing and smiling in his truck.

That's really been the theme of all of this hasn't it?  "Right before Hannah".  Everyone goes thru life singing and smiling and then Hannah shows up to destroy it all.

• Love 20

By the way, who thinks we'll ever see Laird again?

I personally don't think we will. 

Oh, and even though I can't stand Jessa, I had no issues with her freaking out about baby spit up or anything else that comes out of a baby. All I was thinking was, did it get in her hair? I have no issues with her not feeling comfortable holding a baby. I personally am over women being judge for not being all knowing/comfortable when it comes to babies. 

What did annoy me is her crying out for Adam to "rescue" her from the baby spit up. No, he's not going to help you, he's gotta hold the baby.

Edited by represent
  • Love 7

I watched the inside the episode and Lena said Fran has some deep anger issues as well as being a square.  Which kind of made me laugh a little, because before this season and before he entered a romance with Hannah, he was not angry.  Yes, he got angry with Hannah because of her behavior but I don't know what kind of person would be okay with her behavior these past couple of episodes. And yes, he got angry with her in last night's episode because she TEXTED HIM FROM A BATHROOM TO BREAK UP AND THEN PROCEEDED TO RUN AROUND THE RESTROOM AREA AND NOT ENGAGE IN AN ADULT CONVERSATION, I mean... what? I just don't even understand anymore Hannah's behavior. I can't..it does not compute in my head. I also don't get anything Lena says in the after episode videos anymore when she tries to explain why Hannah does what she does anymore.

• Love 11

I wonder if the idea is that Hannah is acting out sexually in response to her father's coming out as gay. Kind of like some of the behavior of the kids in TRANSPARENT, 

• Love 4

I wonder if the idea is that Hannah is acting out sexually in response to her father's coming out as gay. Kind of like some of the behavior of the kids in TRANSPARENT,

that had to be it, right? When she was going down on Ray, I let out my loudest WTF in the history of watching this show.
  • Love 1

Didn't Hector (I remember this actor from Weeds) say he was fleeing a bad relationship in Nevada? Why would he be driving south toward NYC from upstate? That made no sense to me. Maybe I missed something.

Logical to take I-80 from Nevada.  I-80 and I-90 merge in Ohio to become the Ohio Turnpike (mostly sure this is correct).  From Ohio you then have the choice to take the more southern route through PA and NJ or the more northern route through NY.  From 90 you'd probably take the Taconic or the New York State Thruway (I-87 south).   I'm going to guess they were on the Taconic although I don't know for sure there are parts that are only 2 lanes.  I think there might be.

I kinda can't believe I'm still watching this show.  But then again, I read all 4 Twilight books.  Scratch that, I read 3 1/2 Twilight books until something happened in the 4th book that made me stand up, shout "Oh the fuck no" and throw the book across the room.  

I love babies. I try to get people to let me hold their babies all the time.  I'm jealous.  When my own kids were babies, I just wore shirts that could be washed because getting spit up on was at least a twice daily occurrence.  Jessa was such a baby.  Considering how she handled Caroline in labor, I found that reaction to a little baby spit up very false.  Jessa has handled way grosser stuff in the past.

It's gross, though. Babies are really disgusting, especially if you don't have that thing in your head that lets you say "but it's BABY spit. It's BABY vomit. It's BABY poop--it doesn't count!." That little mechanism probably saved our species. I suspect Jessa has the same malfunction about babies that I do, where she doesn't see babies as automatically harmless and adorable and incapable of carrying germs or disease. Imagine it's an old man doing the same thing. You want his vomit going down your butt crack? No. For some of us, "baby" doesn't magically transform the bodily fluids into something harmless.

I think it's foreshadowing that Jessa and Adam will have a baby. Jessa will find lactation absolutely disgusting.

Yes, Jessa stuck her head under the water and delivered HannahJessa. She saved the day, in fact. This is because Jessa is awesome in a crisis. Look at Marnie's wedding. Jessa is really, really good in a crisis.

I'm the opposite of you!  ;-)  (I view that as more babies for me to hold!)

Also - exactly - Jessa is good in a crisis and the current situation is a crisis.  I don't get the reaction.

• Love 5

Logical to take I-80 from Nevada.  I-80 and I-90 merge in Ohio to become the Ohio Turnpike (mostly sure this is correct).  From Ohio you then have the choice to take the more southern route through PA and NJ or the more northern route through NY.  From 90 you'd probably take the Taconic or the New York State Thruway (I-87 south).   I'm going to guess they were on the Taconic although I don't know for sure there are parts that are only 2 lanes.  I think there might be.

I kinda can't believe I'm still watching this show.  But then again, I read all 4 Twilight books.  Scratch that, I read 3 1/2 Twilight books until something happened in the 4th book that made me stand up, shout "Oh the fuck no" and throw the book across the room.  

I love babies. I try to get people to let me hold their babies all the time.  I'm jealous.  When my own kids were babies, I just wore shirts that could be washed because getting spit up on was at least a twice daily occurrence.  Jessa was such a baby.  Considering how she handled Caroline in labor, I found that reaction to a little baby spit up very false.  Jessa has handled way grosser stuff in the past.

I'm the opposite of you!  ;-)  (I view that as more babies for me to hold!)

Also - exactly - Jessa is good in a crisis and the current situation is a crisis.  I don't get the reaction.

It's not a real crisis. "Gotta hold the baby" isn't a crisis. It's just hanging out. Adam's here. The baby is fine. So Jessa wasn't Crisis Jessa, who is pretty awesome, but just regular Jessa, who we all pretty much agree is a bit of a jerk. I think Jessa's already pregnant.

• Love 2

That was sexual-assault-level disturbing, and I can't believe Ray didn't immediately pull over and kick her out of the coffee truck.

It was straight up sexual assault. I think Ray just couldn't process what was happening.

I laughed for a long time when Ray's coffee truck showed up. It was the sketch/portrait of Ray that did it. It captured Ray so well.

I never wanted to hold babies, mostly because they would always cry. But when a new mother kind of forced her baby on me at a party, and the baby was chill, that's when my biological clock started ticking. We always think fondly of that baby who inspired our first child. After a while, not much grosses you out anymore. Baby spit is nothing compared to some things (Togetherness anyone, know what I mean?) At least when it's your very own Sample. In fact, the only thing that weirded me out was babysitting a friend's baby boy. I had girls, so when I had to change his diaper, it was all "what's this now? how do I deal with that?" LOL

I loved that the guy who picked her up was Huck from Scandal, and when he talked about leaving his abusive relationship, I had to laugh - given the relationship he was in when I finally decided Scandal was too over the top for my tastes.

• Love 1

Thank you.  I don't know why... but when he said Nevada, my mind went to Las Vegas... but he could have come from the northern part, like Reno, and that route makes sense.

• Love 1
Yes, I agree. Maybe a bipolar diagnosis?

DING DING DING. I was just going to say this. I hope Lena's building to Hannah having bipolar disorder. Her behavior isn't just quirky and humorous at this point. It's...a little disturbed. Mental illness isn't cute and funny; it's usually a bunch of awkward social moments that most people just write off as funny, or crazy. It's...more than that.

I watched the inside the episode and Lena said Fran has some deep anger issues as well as being a square.  Which kind of made me laugh a little, because before this season and before he entered a romance with Hannah, he was not angry.  Yes, he got angry with Hannah because of her behavior but I don't know what kind of person would be okay with her behavior these past couple of episodes. And yes, he got angry with her in last night's episode because she TEXTED HIM FROM A BATHROOM TO BREAK UP AND THEN PROCEEDED TO RUN AROUND THE RESTROOM AREA AND NOT ENGAGE IN AN ADULT CONVERSATION, I mean... what? I just don't even understand anymore Hannah's behavior. I can't..it does not compute in my head. I also don't get anything Lena says in the after episode videos anymore when she tries to explain why Hannah does what she does anymore.

Exactly. I saw that and it made me a little nervous. Does Lena think we think Fran is the one with issues? I mean, I understand we're stuck with Hannah and not Fran, but Fran wasn't a pseudo-nice guy control freak with anger problems. It's more that Hannah tends to bring out the worst in everybody she's around, and she's one of those chicks who doesn't trust when guys are too nice to her, so she did everything she could to fuck it up so that voila! She's right. He's just an asshole in disguise. Juxtapose Fran with Adam, who does have serious issues and occasionally acted shitty to Hannah, but she tried her best to hold on to that relationship.

Also, I mean, Lena had Hannah jump out the RV, break up with Fran at a rest stop, ran away from him like a game of tag, and then when he gets understandably pissed off...he's the one with the problem and Hannah just didn't want to be with him? Maybe it was that he was being too nice to her and she couldn't handle being the fucked up one.

Lena's showing a fair amount of tone-deafness in those After the Episode bits. But it confirms what I've said several times now: she's trying to make the men fucked up to make the chicks look normal. Same with Shoshanna. Oh, the guy you completely stood up because you wanted to stay in Japan isn't being all that nice to you? You poor thing. Scott wasn't a douche then and he isn't one now, but we're supposed to feel bad for Shosh so I guess he has to be since it can't be that she's a ditz.

Caroline turned into a real piece of shit, didn't she? I mean, she was just quirky or whatever, but wow. Leaving her baby and her baby's father like that? What the fuck? And while I appreciated Adam stepping in, I...wouldn't want to deal with Adam and a baby. I just wouldn't. Adam's moody and judgmental and kind of an asshole. He's cool for watching TV or hanging out. He's not a Tough Times Friend, him being their for Hannah during her meltdown aside.

Ray getting the beej from Hannah. Here's...the thing: Ray probably knew that was not a good idea, but head is head. I'm just saying. And Hannah getting picked up by Huck was just a little bit of wonderful in an otherwise dumb, bullshit, aggravating episode. I spent the entire time smiling. I've always loved how creepy and intimidating Guillermo Diaz can be, kinda/sorta without trying. If you see him in interviews, he's like clearly gay. But on screen with that beard that's a little too high for his face and husky voice and slightly bug-eyed scowl, he's like the last dude you'd want to fuck with. Even though he has a Madonna tattoo on his arm.

• Love 6

In fact, the only thing that weirded me out was babysitting a friend's baby boy. I had girls, so when I had to change his diaper, it was all "what's this now? how do I deal with that?" LOL

You put a tiny dixie cup over it while you're changing him to avoid getting peed on. I learned this the hard way.

• Love 3

Caroline turned into a real piece of shit, didn't she? I mean, she was just quirky or whatever, but wow. Leaving her baby and her baby's father like that? What the fuck? And while I appreciated Adam stepping in, I...wouldn't want to deal with Adam and a baby. I just wouldn't. Adam's moody and judgmental and kind of an asshole. He's cool for watching TV or hanging out. He's not a Tough Times Friend, him being their for Hannah during her meltdown aside.

See I don't think Caroline is a piece of shit, I think she's sick and needs help. While I don't condone abandoning your baby and treating your partner like crap I think it's obvious that Caroline is suffering from severe postpartum depression but she does love her baby and Laird. Plus Caroline was mentally ill before she had the baby so that doesn't help.

Anyway, on an unrelated note, why did Adam have to hold the baby the whole time? Don't they have a swing or a bouncer? What about a crib? I guess it's not as dramatic if Jessa-Hannah is quietly chilling in her bassist while chaos ensues.

• Love 9

This show is like few things on TV for me. It infuriates me, but it also draws me in. Its characters are usually bizarre, but also very watchable. I usually watch it in bafflement, but I also look forward to it every week. 

I was left with a lot of questions this week about the life of Ray. Is his coffee house getting more business, so he can afford a food truck/coffee truck? Is he moving to more of a coffee truck angle? What was he doing that he could just leave and go get Hannah? When did he learn to speak Russian? How long did he research the Kitty case last week after the show? Does he have friends other than these assholes? I want to know more about his life, it seems way more interesting than the strange, sordid life of Hannah. 

• Love 6

This show is like few things on TV for me. It infuriates me, but it also draws me in. Its characters are usually bizarre, but also very watchable. I usually watch it in bafflement, but I also look forward to it every week. 

I was left with a lot of questions this week about the life of Ray. Is his coffee house getting more business, so he can afford a food truck/coffee truck? Is he moving to more of a coffee truck angle? What was he doing that he could just leave and go get Hannah? When did he learn to speak Russian? How long did he research the Kitty case last week after the show? Does he have friends other than these assholes? I want to know more about his life, it seems way more interesting than the strange, sordid life of Hannah. 

Everything about this post. The Life Of Ray is probably a much better show.

• Love 6
See I don't think Caroline is a piece of shit, I think she's sick and needs help. While I don't condone abandoning your baby and treating your partner like crap I think it's obvious that Caroline is suffering from severe postpartum depression but she does love her baby and Laird. Plus Caroline was mentally ill before she had the baby so that doesn't help.

I agree Caroline had issues prior to even having a baby. It's highly likely she has postpartum depression buuuuuut...leaving your spouse and your kid is shitty. Who you ultimately are is made up of the choices you make, not the excuses you make. Caroline comes off as the type of person who's never had to really focus and care for someone else, so she has no practice doing it, and thus she freaked out when her life became about more than her. That's why she was "suicidal" in her letter to Laird. If she was just acting fucked up to Laird, that would be wrong too, but I have no sympathy for bailing on your kid. None.

Anyway, on an unrelated note, why did Adam have to hold the baby the whole time? Don't they have a swing or a bouncer? What about a crib? I guess it's not as dramatic if Jessa-Hannah is quietly chilling in her bassist while chaos ensues.

Well, that's because Adam knows bupkis about babies. People who know nothing about babies think you have to hold them and feed them every ten minutes or else they die, like a cell phone. Another reason why I wouldn't want to be in that situation with Adam.

• Love 3

I'd rather her leave the baby than hurt her.

Exactly, and at least she left a well thought out note. I feel for her and I'd rather feel for her in that I know she is mentally ill, than have to deal with the feelings I would have if heaven forbid she had hurt/killed that baby. 

This is in no way a case of OMG how can she hate her child so much that she abandoned her.

It's actually that she loved her child enough to realize that she was a clear and present danger to her,  and left.

I guess the only thing one might question is why she didn't just check herself in a hospital instead of just vanishing....But again, she's mentally ill, and luckily she managed to hold on to enough sanity to do what she did.

Edited by represent
  • Love 6

Caroline was homeless.  She moved in with a former flaky drug addict, had unprotected sex, got pregnant, did not make sure that there was adequate care to have a proper home child birth, and now she has abandoned her baby.

I understand the PPD,  Many women have it and you do what you need to to get better.  If you have to get away from your baby, you explain it to your brother and significant other and then get the help you need.  If you can not return, you make the proper arrangements.

Hannah should get charged with sexual assault.  It is not funny to invade personal space like that.

I have noticed that the girls always seem to have some one taking care of them or coddling them to some degree. 

• Love 5

"How much do you think a new coffee truck costs?"

"600 dollars?"

Come on, that exchange kind of took Hannah's absurdity to another level.

Oh my good Lord, I KNOW !!! I'm only surprised that Lena/Hannah didn't twist her face and rubber shoulders into yet another unfortunate, wrinked, all-too-self-conscious toddler pose with the inevitable upturned eyes and batted lashes and ask, while proffering five splayed fingers to Ray, "Is it THIS many monies ?!?!"

Jesus in a sidecar ! How many random, inappropriate, dangerous, rude, obnoxious, infantile, selfish, bizarre, disingenuous bullshit behaviors is she going to display before she gets 302'd to Bellevue !? 

Side note: Not making light of mental illness here. Not at all. Just objecting to Hannah/Lena's absolute celebration of her version of it. Her message seems to be "I'm a horrible, weird, damaged person, but I REVEL in it ! I'm SUCCESSFUL in that horrible weirdness, and I'm here to stay !"  Ugh.

Her Keystone Kops run through the rest stop in pajamas was just too much to bear ! I swear, I really do - I could HEAR the theme to Benny Hill playing in my head as she Prancercised (Google it !) with her pajamas flapping over her cowboy boots (!?!?) in circles through the building. 

Who does that ? WHO DOES THAT ??? 

It should be the title of the show. GIRLS: Who Does That ?

• Love 19

I kind of hope Hannah does not have a mental disorder coming forth. Only because.. it won't be handled well. It just won't. To be honest, when she first brought the OCD storyline up, yes it did feel random, but I sort of feel like we were getting a honest portrayal of it, and it was referenced back to in the following season. Now..it seems to have disappeared. And while Hannah's behavior would lead me to believe a mental disorder storyline is coming, I hope it doesn't. It will be awful on this show. (Maybe I am biased on this, because it would hit close to home for me in real life and I think here on THIS show, it would not fare well). 

• Love 5
I kind of hope Hannah does not have a mental disorder coming forth. Only because.. it won't be handled well. It just won't.

I agree, but I feel like Hannah has to have something mentally wrong with her.  Her behavior has moved from just being self centered to being utterly bizarre and a little scary. 

• Love 7

I'd rather her leave the baby than hurt her.

I'd rather she got help rather than leave her baby. I mean, I know it might sound like I'm unsympathetic, but that's because I'm unsympathetic. Caroline might be crazy, or she could just be kind of shitty. Not everybody who habitually does shitty things is deep down a good person. Doing what you want in a moment, but not thinking long term about the effects of that choice, is what causes long term damage.

It wasn't an act of love; it was selfishness, pure and simple. She didn't want to hurt her kid, but imagine how loved her kid is going to feel when she grows up and realizes that even with a man who cares about her and a baby, Mommy still wasn't strong enough to get her shit together.

• Love 2

Particularly Hannah, who was acting like an 8 year old after being fairly mature all season.

Well, there WAS that incident where she flashed her crotch to her boss and somehow kept her job.  Not exactly a shining example of maturity.   Or when she was flouncing around the apartment based play suffering.  That wasn't very mature either.

• Love 5

This was just the weirdest Hannah episode ever. Yes, she clearly has wanted to break up with Fran for a while and I could understand her wanting to run away, but a rational person would have just waited until you got to your first stop and then leave, rather than running away at a rest stop in the middle of nowhere. Actually, a rational person would have had that conversation before going on the summer-long road trip, but that's asking a bit much.

There was a whole bunch of WTF with that.  Why did they need to stop at a rest stop when they have a bathroom right there in the motor home?  That didn't make sense.   Why didn't Hannah take her purse/wallet with her?  Between running off at the rest stop, the blow job, hopping the car with a stranger, and the crotch flashing last week, Hannah needs to be committed somewhere.  Is that where this season is going?  Will she end up in residential care?   This arc really doesn't point anywhere else.  

• Love 7
I agree, but I feel like Hannah has to have something mentally wrong with her.  Her behavior has moved from just being self centered to being utterly bizarre and a little scary.

Good Lord, with all the Kitty Genovese references and then Desi saying Marnie is going to get murdered...I was terrified at Hannah's behavior.  Demanding her boyfriend to drop her off in the middle of nowhere, forcing a blowjob on a guy while he is driving, and then jumping into a car with a random stranger.

Then I thought, no, this quirky silly show would surely never go there.  However, all the girls have engaged in horrible behavior when it comes to their own safety.  I know it is part of feeling young and invincible, but they are going to far with Hannah.  I really have no idea what Lena is doing here.

It's funny Shosh, Marnie, and Jessa have had some growth, even if it is microscopic.  Hannah has actually regressed to being much worse then she was in season one.

• Love 7

DING DING DING. I was just going to say this. I hope Lena's building to Hannah having bipolar disorder. Her behavior isn't just quirky and humorous at this point. It's...a little disturbed. Mental illness isn't cute and funny; it's usually a bunch of awkward social moments that most people just write off as funny, or crazy. It's...more than that.

I get uncomfortable when they veer into the areas of mental illness (whatever's going on with Hannah currently and her OCD breakdown).  Do they really expect me to laugh at a young woman falling to pieces?   It seems like this show is supposed to be a millennial version of Seinfeld, but without the campiness that the Seinfeld characters had the Girls characters (primarily the females) are just really sort of sad.   Some episodes have some really funny or insightful parts, but overall I'm left feeling that the girls are idiots with some significant emotional or psychiatric problems that really should be addressed.  That's not funny at all.

• Love 8

Didn't Hector (I remember this actor from Weeds) say he was fleeing a bad relationship in Nevada? Why would he be driving south toward NYC from upstate? That made no sense to me. Maybe I missed something.

That was what I first thought, he would not be in upstate New York if he drove from Nevada, unless he's just been on an aimless journey and only just figured out he might want to go to New York. 

Nothing made any sense, it's like the first season of Sex and the City when each girl just had sexual escapades with no real connective tissue keeping their personalities straight. They were doing so well all season making Jessa, the wise, sane, nurturing one. Yes supposedly she was once a nanny and worked in a baby store. She's kind of this hippie granola creature who would not fear the baby. She took charge and delivered the baby, SHE STUCK HER HAND UP INSIDE CAROLINE, she would not run from spit up. 

I don't even believe Fran made it a whole year with Hannah. There's no way she managed to be normal that long. But even at that this level of weird is beyond Hannah. She's not 4, she knows a coffee truck can't be $600 and it is "no big deal" that she just ruined his truck? 

• Love 11

I felt really bad for Fran when Hannah ran from him in public, like he was some kind of rapist, instead of talking to him and telling him she wanted to break up.  Then I felt really bad for Ray after Hannah's, um, activity caused him to crash his truck and Hannah showed absolutely no remorse for it.  Then I chuckled when Jesse finally told Hannah she and Adam were fucking, because that's exactly the kind of thing a selfish twit like Hannah deserves.  She blows through life like a hurricane and doesn't give the teeniest, tiniest fuck how she effects other people.  Having your ex and your former friend get together is pretty low on the karmic scale, but at least something was dealt to the little asshole.  Sorry, I just don't like Hannah and I think she is a horrible person.  She's fascinating to watch, though, I'll give her that.

I may be a little in love with Hector, just for his enthusiasm at seeing NYC for the first time.  That was a beautiful moment.  Looks like Hannah will quit teaching and return to writing, which should be interesting.  I doubt she's really learned anything of value that would contribute to her being a better writer, because, well, Hannah is like that.  She's like Teflon, nothing sticks.

I have nothing to say about Marnie and Desi, but I will agree with all those who say Lisa Bonet is absolutely gorgeous.  When you're a 48 year old woman in Hollywood who can still play a 20-something's girlfriend, believably, that is unreal.  Go, Lisa.

• Love 10

Maybe Jessa also underestimated Adam's orientation towards family - it is his baby neice. Trumps girlfriend.

Also, infant trumps adult who is going mental over a little baby barf on her shoulder and back.

• Love 8

pretty sure she's 49, actually (Lisa Bonet). Amazing...

When I first saw her I assumed it was Lisa's daughter Zoe because she looked way to young to be Lisa. It took me a minute to realize it was actually her. Yes, she looks stunning.

• Love 7

I'm not hating. Promise. I didn't think she looked that great. What was with her teeth? But, I still think she is iconic.

• I do covet her soul husband.
  • I did watch the movie the x-rated movie with the blood and hot guy- Rourke.
  • I loved the Cosby Show and A Different Word.
  • And, I really liked her in Biker Boyz.

I believe this list is evidence enough that I am not a hater.

I was left with a lot of questions this week about the life of Ray. Is his coffee house getting more business, so he can afford a food truck/coffee truck? Is he moving to more of a coffee truck angle?

I also did not understand this, since a couple episodes ago, his coffee was terrible, everyone was buying the coffee across the street, and his restaurant barely had a customer. I assumed it would be explained immediately because this coffee truck was so random. But no.

• Love 1

It wasn't an act of love; it was selfishness, pure and simple. She didn't want to hurt her kid, but imagine how loved her kid is going to feel when she grows up and realizes that even with a man who cares about her and a baby, Mommy still wasn't strong enough to get her shit together.

I disagree. What's pure and simple to you "ain't" to me.  

And yes, I'd rather she'd check herself into the hospital, I believe I stated that in my post. But I DO believe she is mentally ill, the mentally ill don't often have the mindset to check themselves in anywhere. It depends on how bad an episode they are having and if you can convince them to get help.

Actually, I see the "loved" kid if she's fortunate enough to get good education on the subject matter of mental illness, to be deeply sad and have an empty place that probably will never be filled, it happens in life. But I see the educated part of her as she becomes an adult, understanding  that her mother did not hate her. That she left because she had a fucked up mind and yes loved her enough to not stick around and do her physical harm.  Because like I said, at least she left a note explaining her state of mind and actually asked said father to make sure that he loved and took care of her daughter. 

Yeah, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Edited by represent
  • Love 7

When I first saw her I assumed it was Lisa's daughter Zoe because she looked way to young to be Lisa. It took me a minute to realize it was actually her. Yes, she looks stunning.

When I saw her I said, "Wow, she looks like Lisa Bonet," never imagining that it was actually her until I read this thread. Damn.

And I'm totally with whomever said up thread that we've seen the last of Laird. My husband said that as soon as he closed the door.

• Love 1

I had to question myself when Hannah said a hand on her head is a trigger. 

I do feel bad for Sample if both her parents have walked out. Even if Uncle Adam loves her to bits. And how sad is it that I like Sample better than JessaHannah? I haven't had such a violently adverse reaction to a name since Renesme. 

I really just know if the show is going to have Hannah have a mental disorder- as I said earlier, I hope not and I explained why- but then the after episodes, like someone else said, Lena is very tone-deaf when explaining Hannah's behavior as of late. Nothing about how Lena explains it makes me think she's going to have Hannah have a mental disorder. But maybe I'm wrong and maybe Lena does have a good poker face, otherwise she has just been explaining Hannah's behavior away as Hannah being Hannah. 

Remember when Marnie started rapping Kayne West at Charlie's party and everyone thought she was having a breakdown? .I miss those simple times.

I love Hanna. Even though, I wouldn't want her napping in my bed, using my towels, hmmm...don't think I'd ever drink behind her or eat out of her kitchen. I'd wipe down the toilet seat. Yeah, she might be a little gross. But, I think the character is hilarious. Naïve and self-absorbed. Young.

• Love 3

I love Hanna. Even though, I wouldn't want her napping in my bed, using my towels, hmmm...don't think I'd ever drink behind her or eat out of her kitchen. I'd wipe down the toilet seat. Yeah, she might be a little gross. But, I think the character is hilarious. Naïve and self-absorbed. Young.

LOL, I feel the same way. No way with my with my obsession with cleanliness would I be able to have her in my home. Maybe my car? 

But I like Hannah.

And no way in hell is a barefoot, walking on the streets of NYC Marnie, getting in my bed, HELL NO. Walking barefoot on the grass in the country is one thing but...

Edited by represent
  • Love 1