Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

So sad, only 53.

I didn't know about Anne's childhood. There are difficult childhood's, and there is Anne's. No child should ever go through a fraction of what she did. It was inhumane. 

My heart goes out to all her loved ones. 

Her mother as of a few years ago was still giving motivational speeches that used Anne's story as a way to convert gay people:

That must have been so difficult for Anne, especially since apparently she was not welcome by the LGBT community when she was with Ellen because Ellen had been her first gay relationship.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 20

I was a big AW fan back in the day, and I remember being disappointed when Ellen Wheeler left the roles of Marley and Vicky, but Anne Heche really took hold of the parts and made them her own.  It was easy to see why she would become a breakout star.

Such a sad ending.

• Sad 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

"I'll see you on the other side, but in the meantime, I've got our son; he'll be okay.  Love you, bye" made me cry.

From her oldest son's statement: “After six days of almost unbelievable emotional swings, I am left with a deep, wordless sadness. Hopefully my mom is free from pain and beginning to explore what I like to imagine as her eternal freedom.”

What a terrible way for a hard life to end.  I'm glad she didn't physically harm anyone else in the process - it's bad enough the trauma and upheaval the woman living in the house Heche crashed into will have to live with - but the whole situation is sad.  Those poor kids; the youngest is only thirteen.  I'm sure their fathers will remind them they brought such joy and hope to their mom in the midst of all her pain.  It is such a shame one stupid, reckless decision ended that so prematurely.  I hope they are able to use some of her organs to save others.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 2
  • Sad 13
  • Love 10
28 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I saw a lot of really vile tweets. Ppl are garbage.

Seriously. A bunch of sanctimonious assholes clutching their pearls and scolding people for having the nerve to show sympathy to Heche and her family. As if being a drug addict automatically makes you a bad person—whatever her state of mind was when she crashed the car, it was clearly an accident and she did not intend to hurt anyone.

This really is a terrible end. But I hope she’s at peace now.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 1
  • Love 19
Just now, Spartan Girl said:

Seriously. A bunch of sanctimonious assholes clutching their pearls and scolding people for having the nerve to show sympathy to Heche and her family.

Yeah, I don't understand the complete lack of humanity in the mindset that because she was at fault, it wipes out all sympathy for the terrible result, that the victim is the only person deserving any compassion in this tragedy.  The thought is bad enough, but expressing it for her family to see is just vile.

• Love 20
14 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

A bunch of sanctimonious assholes clutching their pearls and scolding people for having the nerve to show sympathy to Heche and her family.

I will give a pass to anyone who lost a loved one to a driver under the influence. They've earned the right to be judgmental. The onlookers can do the right thing and say nothing.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

. A bunch of sanctimonious assholes clutching their pearls and scolding people for having the nerve to show sympathy to Heche and her family. As if being a drug addict automatically makes you a bad person—whatever her state of mind was when she crashed the car, it was clearly an accident and she did not intend to hurt anyone.

Exactly.  Those types of persons are the first ones to ask, beg, or scream for money/forgiveness for their family when it happens to them.  There's no need to be that level of nasty.  

I hope wherever she is she's at peace.  She was a smart and talented woman who was tormented by various demons, and unfortunately just gave in to them or had no fortitude or way to fight them.  I have a lot of sympathy for people in that position, even if they make wrong choices.  I particularly enjoyed her in Donnie Brasco and Wag The Dog as well as the various series she appeared in.  What a shame.

• Love 11

Getting behind the wheel of a car while drunk or high especially today when there are legitimately a lot of other ways to travel is really bad but I am still sorry that Anne Heche is dead.   I would 100% rather she go to rehab or even jail then the morgue.   I actually have less compassion for the assholes who condemn her then I do for her.   

• Love 18
55 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Seriously. A bunch of sanctimonious assholes clutching their pearls and scolding people for having the nerve to show sympathy to Heche and her family. As if being a drug addict automatically makes you a bad person—whatever her state of mind was when she crashed the car, it was clearly an accident and she did not intend to hurt anyone.

This really is a terrible end. But I hope she’s at peace now.

The family deserves empathy and it's still a sad story. 

But it's not being a drug addict most have a problem with.  It's her acting stupidly and selfishly while on those drugs. 

Whether she purposely did it or not she clearly took a stupid risk and easily could have seen this outcome based on her actions. And there really is no excuse anymore with uber everywhere and there being no lack of money on her part to call for a ride. 

That doesn't justify insensitive comments but just writing this off as 'she's an addict' and ignoring her criminal actions is too far to the other extreme. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I don’t get why some people are so cruel. Just reading about Anne’s childhood makes me want to cry. I don’t think any of us are dismissing the serious danger of driving under the influence. It’s just having compassion for someone who went through so much her entire life and tragically died at 53. 

• Love 13

You can not approve of Anne's life choices but still have empathy for her and her family. I'm sorry, if your first response to this tragedy is to direct vile tweets at her family members, then you need to check yourself in the mirror and wonder why you have so little compassion.

Anyway, I like to remember Anne as she was. She was a favorite guest of Dave Letterman who always was kind to her. On his show she was always funny and engaging:

• Love 13
3 hours ago, meowmommy said:

I was a big AW fan back in the day, and I remember being disappointed when Ellen Wheeler left the roles of Marley and Vicky, but Anne Heche really took hold of the parts and made them her own.  It was easy to see why she would become a breakout star.

Such a sad ending.

Completely agree. In fact last year during the Holidays out of the blue one day I decided to search some old soaps on YouTube because they always went all out for the Holiday episodes.  Down the rabbit hole I went and I watched Another World so this is a shocker.  I hope she is at peace. 

• Love 5

I am so sad for Anne Heche’s loved ones. I am also so sad for the her troubled childhood she lived and with her battle with addiction and other challenges. It all makes me so sad.

I also feel awful for the woman her lost her home and all her possessions when Anne crashed into her home. I am relieved that Anne did not kill anyone when she was behind the wheel.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 9

I'm going through some of Anne's IG videos and yes she does seem a bit high in them, but she's also very funny and way more interesting than the average actress:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdVP27CAzzR/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cbnz22IATIG/

and it was obvious her two boys were her life:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdUqTdKLo6E/

I also liked that she was a 53 year old woman who looked her age. She didn't have the overly botoxed face with all the lip fillers.

• Love 8

Anne and Catherine Keener played lifelong best friends whose relationship is tested when one gets engaged in Walking and Talking, a 1996 film by Nicole Holofcener.  It’s one of the sweetest, tartest, truest depictions of women’s friendships in cinema, and it’s one of my faves.

I always liked Anne for her performance in that movie, and I mourn her loss today. 

• Love 8

RIP to Anne Heche. 

But I have to say that I've dealt with addiction, and I've driven drunk a few times and wrecked a car. It wasn't too bad, luckily. I didn't hurt anyone or myself. But I've always thought that if I did that and ended up killing myself or someone else, feel free to drag me all you want, especially if I killed an innocent person. I'm sure my family would probably talk crap about me anyway if I did that...ha 

• Hugs 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7

it was clearly an accident and she did not intend to hurt anyone.

I'm flabbergasted you think this is some kind of excuse. She almost killed two people and several pets, and did destroy a house and a woman's entire worldly possessions. Dozens of people are killed every year by drivers who are drunk or under the influence of drugs and I'm sure none of them intended to do it. Like this guy. Here's what the judge said at his sentencing.

“You had no business driving,” Yeager told him, reminding him of the impact his mistake had on the “mothers, fathers, siblings, spouses, children, nieces, nephews and grandchildren” of his victims.

“Their lives are forever affected because of your poor choice,” she said.

Her pain is ended, but her kids will live with this all their lives. It's really a miracle she didn't kill anyone, because sure as shit this was not the first time she drove impaired.

• Sad 4
  • Applause 9
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, voiceover said:

Anne and Catherine Keener played lifelong best friends whose relationship is tested when one gets engaged in Walking and Talking, a 1996 film by Nicole Holofcener.  It’s one of the sweetest, tartest, truest depictions of women’s friendships in cinema, and it’s one of my faves.

I always liked Anne for her performance in that movie, and I mourn her loss today. 

I had forgotten about that one! Yes, it’s absolutely wonderful.

5 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

I will give a pass to anyone who lost a loved one to a driver under the influence. They've earned the right to be judgmental. The onlookers can do the right thing and say nothing.

Yes, they can be as judgmental as they want to be. But I draw the line to saying any of that to the driver's under age children or writing something on the page where one wrote about his mom.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10

Wag The Dog

When you can hold your own in a movie against both Dustin Hoffman and Robert Deniro at the same time, that does say something about your talent.

• Applause 1
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Her pain is ended, but her kids will live with this all their lives.

I wasn't going to say anything, and then I figured why start now? Yes, her kids will have to live with it, but they'll have to live with it at least partly because people are assholes who will take what Anne did out on them. It's already happening, apparently, that her children are being targeted because their mother was an addict who did something thoughtless and stupid while under the influence, and that's horrifying. What's their excuse except that they're shitbags?

• Like 1
  • Sad 11
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I wasn't going to say anything, and then I figured why start now? Yes, her kids will have to live with it, but they'll have to live with it at least partly because people are assholes who will take what Anne did out on them. It's already happening, apparently, that her children are being targeted because their mother was an addict who did something thoughtless and stupid while under the influence, and that's horrifying. What's their excuse except that they're shitbags?

Because it’s easy to be vile while hiding behind a keyboard. I even read a tweet saying Anne died bc God was punishing her for being gay. Sick, cruel stuff.

It says something about Anne’s talent and maybe essential goodness that she was able to find fairly steady work despite her well documented struggles with mental illness and addiction. 

and my god she was beautiful. Her bone structure was exquisite. She did look haggard in some of the recent podcasts but still such a beauty.

eta:

her mom has an Instagram, not very active but I think it’s genuine bc Anne Heche followed the account. I always thought they were estranged but apparently not:

https://www.instagram.com/p/hM3KqFtwMj/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Anne’s sister Abigail is also a beauty.

Edited by Lady Whistleup
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Let's think on that for a moment...

Drug use and addiction has never been a valid excuse legally, morally or ethically for the actions you perform while under the influence of drugs. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Save it, Ellen. 🙄

Not to defend Ellen, but the gossip media  were hounding her for a reaction to all this. Her statement is pretty generic—exactly what I would write about an ex who I broke up 20 plus years ago in a bad way and whom I didn’t  have contact with. Shes not professing fake love or reflecting on memories. Just extending sympathy for those who were still in Anne’s world.

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, AgentRXS said:

Not to defend Ellen, but the gossip media  were hounding her for a reaction to all this. Her statement is pretty generic—exactly what I would write about an ex who I broke up 20 plus years ago in a bad way and whom I didn’t  have contact with. Shes not professing fake love or reflecting on memories. Just extending sympathy for those who were still in Anne’s world.

Which is FAR better than Ted Nugent having GLOATED on camera about his 1st wife's (and mother of his eldest children's)  death! Thankfully Miss DeGeneres seems to be less of a creep than Mr. Nugent has proven to be.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Drug use and addiction has never been a valid excuse legally, morally or ethically for the actions you perform while under the influence of drugs. 

But then there's practically.  Expecting someone to act rationally (as well as legally, ethically or morally) while their brain is in an altered state seems it would only provide disappointment at the least, delusion at worst. 

I don't expect universal agreement. 

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

the gossip media  were hounding her for a reaction to all this.

My favorite was the one guy asking Ellen if she had spoken to Anne.

While Anne was in her coma.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

My favorite was the one guy asking Ellen if she had spoken to Anne.

While Anne was in her coma.

In addition to deserving the Neanderthal Tact Prize, IMO, that one would deserve having 'The Idiot Song' sung to him by his colleagues!

• Sad 3
27 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

But then there's practically.  Expecting someone to act rationally (as well as legally, ethically or morally) while their brain is in an altered state seems it would only provide disappointment at the least, delusion at worst. 

Then I guess we do away with all drunk driving laws then as long as the person can prove they're an addict. 

Abusive husband's?  OH they're addicts.  

Robbery, violence under the influence?

People are still responsible for their actions. And in this case even under the influence of whatever, it wasn't asking her to do some great heroic act or make some leap of intelligence under the influence. It's asking her to call for a ride and not drive. That's not a difficult task even on drugs. 

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Applause 8
Just now, DrSpaceman73 said:

Then I guess we do away with all drunk driving laws then as long as the person can prove they're an addict. 

People are still responsible for their actions. And in this case even under the influence of whatever, it wasn't asking her to do some great heroic act or make some leap of intelligence under the influence. It's asking her to call for a ride and not drive. That's not a difficult task even on drugs. 

I get it.

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 2

For those whom Anne Heche's death while DUI triggers emotions perhaps stemming from their own tragic loss of loved ones and/or disfigurement or disability or other irrecoverable loss caused by a drunk driver, this video posted by Lynne Mishele, the woman whose home was destroyed by Anne Heche, may or may not make it easier to separate this incident from yours, and pick up where you left off with your emotional healing before this incident set off a-bomb-levels of chain reactions of emotions.

https://youtu.be/Du4uQ1kA4WM

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Blergh said:

Which is FAR better than Ted Nugent having GLOATED on camera about his 1st wife's (and mother of his eldest children's)  death! Thankfully Miss DeGeneres seems to be less of a creep than Mr. Nugent has proven to be.

It would take a LOT to be more disgusting than Ted Nugent. He’s the bottom of the barrel.

3 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Odd flex. 😳

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I skimmed through a lot of posts. Did someone say driving under the influence was no big deal and doesn't deserve punishment?

No, no one has suggested this. No one. But at least we require people to pass driving tests, have insurance, register their vehicles, etc. We don’t require any of that to own guns. 🥲

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

That's not what people are saying. People are saying that it's vile to send hateful, gloating messages to Anne's friends and family, and also to say (like I saw yesterday on twitter) people "hoping" Anne would die.  

Anne no doubt made some very poor decisions. If she lived, i would have supported her being charged with felony DUI. But the fact is she's gone. Does it really make people feel that much better to trash a woman who died a painful, horrible death?

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

That's not what people are saying. People are saying that it's vile to send hateful, gloating messages to Anne's friends and family, and also to say (like I saw yesterday on twitter) people "hoping" Anne would die.  

Anne no doubt made some very poor decisions. If she lived, i would have supported her being charged with felony DUI. But the fact is she's gone. Does it really make people feel that much better to trash a woman who died a painful, horrible death?

I never said anything supporting those type of comments. 

Need to read the whole thread and more than the single quote.  

Same to the person who commented 'odd flex'

Even addicts are responsible for not making things worse with their addiction by harming others, which was in response to the quote below 

8 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

And also in response to someone who commented '.....it was clearly an accident and she did not Intend to hurt someone. '  

You can be empathetic to the family and still find what she did inexcusable snd dangerous and not at all acceptable even with her being an addict. 

Her death doesn't make the lives of people she harmed or their families any easier. 

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

You can be empathetic to the family and still find what she did inexcusable snd dangerous and not at all acceptable even with her being an addict. 

She's dead though. Which means she paid the steepest price possible. And somehow for these twitter warriors, it's not enough. 

Had she lived, I agree, she should have been charged with felony DUI. But the fact is she's dead. And I just can't at all the joyful gloating I see online. It's gross.

• Like 3
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

Not to defend Ellen, but the gossip media  were hounding her for a reaction to all this. 

I don't understand this either. It's not the first time that people demanded an immediate reaction from someone regarding another person's death. Why? Let everyone react if and when they feel like, in a way they feel like (publicly or privately). Why should anyone have to make a public statement just because they were close to someone once, or worked with them?

• Like 2
  • Love 11