Type keyword(s) to search

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Grandma was straight up honest in her interview. Me thinks the "truth will come out" of her mouth!

Interesting clip of Anna's interview on ET tonight on how she witnessed Alana getting tired of the attention from the public. Something her mother apparently mi$$ed and continued with the gravy train.

Anna also mentioned a crew member quit due to Mama June's bitchiness.

Of course she's tired of it!

It can't be all fun & games to her anymore. I'm sure they run across / hear from all sorts who tell them (by them, I'm talking the girls), how uneducated, uncouth, unhealthy, and the n-ladylike they are. That's gotta play on a young girl's psyche.

Not that I don't agree, but it isn't their fault until they can take some responsibility for their lives. The 17 yr old should at this point be able to recognize her lack of education and healthy eating to start changing her life - but it's not easy, and she may be brow-beaten.

Apparently Sugar Bear has said he isn't going after custody of Alana because he's not in a position to be a good parent. Has anyone else heard this? Because leaving your vulnerable child in the position of proximity to a child molester is not being a good parent either. Maybe he can't directly, but doesn't he have parents or anyone else that he & Alana could live with, so she can be safe and hr csn have help?

TMZ says production is withholding all of June's payment for the season that won't be broadcast. They are citing a morals clause as justification. The children, SB and Poodle will be/have been paid.

I read on another website somewhere that the network or production set up trust accounts for the minors. Sounded as if it had been done since the beginning of the series, but I'm not sure. The report that the children will be paid for the unbroadcast season seems to verify the trust accounts.

I cannot wait to see June's broke ass living in a busted down trailer with her "boyfriend."  Without question he has no sexual or romantic interest in June and may have already been grooming Alana as his next victim.

I think some of June's defenders are reacting from a class basis. Other people like her (poor, uneducated, etc.) will stick together when one of them is attacked, even for horrible behavior such as this.

• Love 2

I think some of June's defenders are reacting from a class basis. Other people like her (poor, uneducated, etc.) will stick together when one of them is attacked, even for horrible behavior such as this.

I find this is something of a generalization. I know plenty of country folks and outright rednecks who would be disgusted by Mama June's behavior. Hell, it is pretty telling that NO ONE in her immediate family is coming out to defend her, and I know how "us or them" extended families in  the South can get and it isn't happening here.  Having money or education is in no way an indication that people will not tolerate terrible behavior.

Of course she's tired of it!

It can't be all fun & games to her anymore. I'm sure they run across / hear from all sorts who tell them (by them, I'm talking the girls), how uneducated, uncouth, unhealthy, and the n-ladylike they are. That's gotta play on a young girl's psyche.

Most definitely. I know, as someone who struggled with my weight since I was young, that school can be hard enough, and I didn't even have the cameras recording my life for everyone to see and pick apart. Alana just loses all the way around in this, and that is sad.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 6

I find this is something of a generalization.

I'm not being a snob, believe me. I was raised in the very rural deep south and some of my close family and friends live in trailers, collect govt benefits, dropped out of school early, etc.  I've been a witness many times to them closing defensive ranks over questionable politics, racism, extreme corporal punishment, and so on. Things that privately they do not espouse. The minute the media airs a story that highlights something about a rural southerner, they get riled up and start mouthing off and defending that behavior.

Right now the Apple CEO, who attended school in Alabama, is talking about being gay. My friends and family are up in arms, thinking he is attacking them personally.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 3

I wouldn't be surprised if June & Co. weren't all that popular in their area. Their on-screen behavior just reinforced the worst stereotypes about rural southerners and given June's history prior to TLC, in particular her choices in baby daddies, I can't imagine she was too highly regarded even before the show.

Then she's catapulted to pseudo-fame and fortune...I'm guessing there are more than a few who are finding some schadenfraude in her downfall.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 2
TMZ says production is withholding all of June's payment for the season that won't be broadcast. They are citing a morals clause as justification. The children, SB and Poodle will be/have been paid.

HAHAHA! Since June seems to be shameless, this is the best way to hit her where it hurts, the pocketbook. That's a burn that the others will be paid.

Apparently Sugar Bear has said he isn't going after custody of Alana because he's not in a position to be a good parent

Even if he had the money, I don't think Sugar Bear has the gumption to be a full time parent.

• Love 2

Oh, please. What a lying sack of....horse manure.

At least horseshit can be useful-something which Mama June and/or her new boyfriend will never be.

Poor Anna. As if what she went through isn't devastating enough, her own mother's not believing her and taking up with the guilty party without any semblance of remorse is even worse. As for the theory that Anna just did it "for attention," that's bullshit IMO because there are much easier ways for a child to get attention than to accuse someone of molesting them. On the bright side, at least Anna has a much better support system now than she did then.

• Love 1
Honey, on 01 Nov 2014 - 12:14 AM, said:

Huh, Merriam Webster and The Oxford English Dictionary both define sodomy as anal sex.  Some updating may be needed.

Not sure where you are looking but both of those sources mention anal and oral.

Full Definition of SODOMY

:  anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex; also :  copulation with an animal

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sodomy

Sexual intercourse involving anal or oral copulation.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/sodomy

Sadly, Sugar Bear probably knows he would have a very tough time winning a full custody battle over Mama June. Legally speaking, she has not broken the law by having McDaniels in contact with Alana. He is allowed to be around children and has served the full time for his crime with no parole obligations.

Mama June is a) the mother, b) the "breadwinner", c) a "homeowner", and d) is probably Alana's preference. Just because Mama June has very poor taste in men does not necessarily legally make her an unfit mother.

It could be TMZ's wording, but it sounded like the paycheck to the girls is still a joint paycheck that will be cut to Mama June, only with any earnings she would have received cut from the check. If that's the case, I think we all would be surprised if any of that money made it to the girls. I am still skeptical that the girls have real, separate bank accounts. I think it's more likely that Mama June has some chicken scratch numbers of what each girl is owed written on a napkin that gets readjusted McDaniels wants anything.

• Love 1

In a custody situation, it doesn't matter if she broke the law by having this guy around her kids.    A judge will look at her decisionmaking -- including lying about the relationship.   If there is nothing wrong, why lie about it?    A judge could very well decide that she is not prioritizing her kids or caring about their safety.   Also, no 9 year old gets to express their preference for which parent.   She's 9, she doesn't know what she wants.   I know on tv kids testify all the time, in real life, not so much. In fact, in family law, the judges prefer the kids not testify because that puts them in the middle.   Some judges actually hold it against the parent making the kid testify, especially a 9 year old.   A teenager is another story.

• Love 3

June is not going to get her full salary from TLC for the un-aired season, because TLC squarely put the blame on her for the show's cancellation.  The network does not believe June deserves full payment, so they have deducted a significant amount from what she would have gotten if the show aired.  As for the kids ... we're told they will ALL be paid in full.  Ditto Sugar Bear, who will also get his due. And Uncle Poodle has already received his loot.  TLC is hanging its hat on a morals clause in her contract.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/01/here-comes-honey-boo-boo-salary-cancelled-season-mama-june-money/#ixzz3HtdpTtZy

Unless the money TLC is paying the kids goes directly into a trust fund for them I don't believe at all June WONT get that money since there are minors here and June would have access to it. I know she said at one time there were trust funds set up but I don't believe anything she says.  

• Love 1

IF Sugar Bear gets paid he is not broke.  So go hire an attorney to get custody.    

Yes, and why is he living in a run-down trailer that TLC is supposedly paying for? I'm beginning to hear rumblings in the media reports on TV that TLC may be held liable about what they knew and when they knew it. If they knew Daniels was hanging out with June and the kids, but only pulled the plug when the photos were made public, they'd be just as culpable as June in having low morals.

• Love 3

He served 10 years so no parole isn't that surprising. The Dept of Children and Families in Georgia have reported he is in "total compliance" of the law. He can be around anyone, except for his victim(s), legally.

Kind of makes you want to vomit, doesn't it?

• Love 1

Has a reliable source stated the conditions of release for McDaniels? No parole? Contact with children is okay??

You can look him up on the State of Georgia's Sex Offender Registry.  He is not leveled, so he is free to do whatever.

Sugar Bear is a diabetic, and that he struggles with keeping his sugar in check. After the ambulance arrived, Sugar Bear was checked and released.

Watch what the grandma told ET about Mama June being in denial:

http://www.etonline.com/media/video/honey_boo_boo_grandma_mama_june_is_denial_over_daughter_molestation-153305/index.html

___

Uncle Poodle and his fiance Alan have researched the ground rules for winning temporary custody. They say they have the financial wherewithal to support Honey Boo Boo, and they're getting a new, larger apartment with a spare bedroom.  Poodle and Alan are ready to file for temporary custody if June does not completely sever her relationship with Mark McDaniel. They will not ask for permanent custody because they'd like to see Sugar Bear eventually care for Honey Boo Boo ... when he gets back on his feet financially.  They are talking trash about S.B. ... calling him "an idiot" for hanging out with June.

As for 14-year-old Pumpkin ... they have no desire to get custody of her -- she hates them.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/03/uncle-poodle-honey-boo-boo-custody-mama-june/#ixzz3I0e53AIz

• Love 2

Grandma seems no nonsense and pretty well spoken, so why is June so screwed up?

I've wondered that. Then I remember my lost-soul, trouble-seeking middle brother and realize that sometimes, things just happen that way.

Doesn't mean there isn't another chapter explaining that particular part of the story, but I'm betting June's always been a bad seed.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 1

Unless the money TLC is paying the kids goes directly into a trust fund for them I don't believe at all June WONT get that money since there are minors here and June would have access to it. I know she said at one time there were trust funds set up but I don't believe anything she says.  

Isn't there a statue that requires trust funds to be set up for children in entertainment?  I thought years ago some kids sued because they were like work horses as children and their parents spent all of their money on themselves.  That doesn't' t seem fair.

It's my understanding that those child labour laws don't apply to reality show children anyway, since they aren't considered to be working. They're just going about their lives, and being filmed in the process (according to that law).

Anna says June cleaned out her trust fund to the tune of about $30k and thinks she used the money to buy McDaniel his car.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2819732/Did-Mama-June-raid-abuse-victim-daughter-s-trust-fund-pedophile-Anna-claims-mother-stole-30-000-trust-fund-buy-sex-offender-boyfriend-Nissan.html

No words, people. No words.

As for Sugar Bear sidling up to June -- I think that guy has a mental deficit and she's exploiting it for her benefit.

(edited)

Most states have no law at all about requiring trust funds for children who are working in the entertainment industry.  Even if laws apply, TLC used to claim that they didn't apply because the kids were only being filmed doing their regular activities.  Judges haven't been buying that argument in recent years.

Edited by Absolom
Anna says June cleaned out her trust fund to the tune of about $30k and thinks she used the money to buy McDaniel his car.

If this is true, the depths of her depravity have just sunk lower. Sugar Bear should be ashamed to be such a wimp and going along with June. Maybe that's why Pumpkin is kissing up to June, she probably knows deep down what her mom is capable of and wants to be on her good side.

• Love 1

If this is true there are no words.   Bad enough she bought this scum a car.   Bad enough she raided one of her kid's trust fund to do it.   But to raid the trust fund of the one he molested is just so far beyond the pale it is not even in the same hemisphere.  

• Love 12

Most states have no law at all about trust funds who are working. Even if laws apply, TLC used to claim that they didn't apply because the kids were only being filmed doing their regular activities. Judges haven't been buying that argument in recent years.

Trusts are my former business.

Trusts are governed by their underlying document as they pertain to the state law in which they were written.

One of the few federal laws abt trusts is the 21 year in-perpetuity law - which wouldn't apply here, as it was used prior to the 1950s to escape estate taxes.

All states have rules in which an annual report has to ho to the courts showing incoming & outgoing funds, investments, notices to beneficiaries (usually over 21).

Depending on how the girls' trusts are written - and I've read they have to be 21 to gain access, tho I don't no if that's true -no banker would give a minor information on the trust, even if it's to her benefit. And if she's reached the majority as outlined in the trust, then June can't touch it w/o something ftom Anna.

So take that information from Anna w/a grain of salt.

• Love 2

The way she has been spending money (or allegedly spending money) I wouldn’t be surprised if she was using money that she claimed was earmarked for the girls, whether it had ever been put in trusts (or separate accounts) or not. TLC aren’t known for generosity and splitting an episode (or season) fee 6/7 ways doesn’t leave particularly large amounts over. Although it depends how much extra juice they got from any “merchandising” or promotional deals.

It may be Anna’s way of hitting back at her mother, and I wouldn’t blame her one bit) but OTOH I wouldn’t be surprised if the girls find the promised money doesn’t exist in a few years time.

I think SB is being lured back into cooperating with the promises of more money, the un-cancelling of the show and maybe getting back with June (can’t believe he would want to but ick he might). The guy was so broke he was “borrowing” money from friends and living in a trailer paid for by TLC, and is ill so he can’t get easy work. He’s probably desperate enough to lend June credibility because he doesn’t have many other options. The next season was probably supposed to contain the “SB in a trailer” “storyline” so they hope they can leverage TLC into going back to that or at least airing what they already have.

• Love 5

If anything I think that evil tub of crap named June set up separate accounts for each child, with her own name on all of them, and just called it a "trust."  I doubt she would have set up a genuine trust where she couldn't get her grubby hands on the money whenever she wanted..

• Love 11

If anything I think that evil tub of crap named June set up separate accounts for each child, with her own name on all of them, and just called it a "trust."  I doubt she would have set up a genuine trust where she couldn't get her grubby hands on the money whenever she wanted..

Intentional or not (but my money is on intentional), this is the scenario I'd believe. IF she knew what a trust actually is, it's now almost impossible to imagine a scenario in which she'd voluntarily choose that option unless TLC forced her. And TLC has proven time and again that it's not that noble.

She may have set up separate accounts for the girls, but I'm betting that this isn't the first - or last - time that one or more of them have been raided if she did.

June is all about June. Period.

• Love 7

Uncle Poodle says he hopes Hollywood comes a callin' again -- because he's gunning for his own show in NYC.

Uncle P says he'd only be interested if H.B.B. is allowed to make guest appearances ... he doesn't want the girl punished because of her mom's misdeeds.

Poodle says he and his fiance already have a pitch for producers -- they'll move to New York City in kind of a reverse "Green Acres."

http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/04/uncle-poodle-here-comes-honey-boo-boo-spin-off-show-sugar-bear/#ixzz3I6MmGR6m

• Love 1

Intentional or not (but my money is on intentional), this is the scenario I'd believe. IF she knew what a trust actually is, it's now almost impossible to imagine a scenario in which she'd voluntarily choose that option unless TLC forced her. And TLC has proven time and again that it's not that noble.

She may have set up separate accounts for the girls, but I'm betting that this isn't the first - or last - time that one or more of them have been raided if she did.

June is all about June. Period.

This. She may have set up a savings account for each of the girls and is calling it a "trust," but she would have signing authority as their guardian, so emptying them isn't that hard. It's also possible that after Anna went to the press with her side of the story June would have felt justified in taking her money--hey she's got an ex-con to support.

That's a whole lot of speculation, but I have a tough time visualizing June going through the process of going to a lawyer, learning about trusts, and then getting one for each child. Too much work. Too much thinking.

• Love 7

Oh, Uncle Poodle, you're coming across as really sleazy pitching a reality show idea and promising HBB during a true family crisis.

I've always suspected that the "trusts" June set up were just minor bank accounts with her as the primary.

• Love 7