Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
10 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Lord, much as I should hate on the sad little man, I feel so bad for Mike and his shitty luck---he is just one walking bag of FAIL. Even when he finally scrambled into his pathetic little party at Kitson, 15 minutes before it was over,and so desperately unloaded all his basic Mexican shoes into Kitson, those editors just had toss in that snarky final screen cap about Kitson closing its doors not a month after Mike's big shoeline "debut"!

And then after alienating everyone last season defending her honor and his great marital love, he had to cheat on his wife Jessica and mess that up too? He's just such a goddamned fuck-up on so many levels that I don't blame her one bit for ditching his loser ass; the dude almost self-sabotages himself with his fail-whale ways!

Speaking of fuck-up's, as much as I hate her, I don't blame GG for staying away from Reza either. She deserves an apology for how rudely he dissed her on their vacation. Even if he felt that way about doubting her sickness, he was just so unnecessarily cruel about it.

Good for Asa finally addressing her own romantic situation---for those viewers who didn't see her quick mention of her man a few seasons ago, it was nice to see her at least acknowledge her arrangement again. Glad to know they're still doing well and are happy together. Not glad to see that she still wears that ridiculous gold chain muzzle/veil on her mouth.

Shervin finally found a nice lady who he isn't awkwardly insulting on a weird 2nd or 3rd date, wow! Good for him. Her hair is lovely, although she appeared to have the personality of a rock.

MJ gets a proposal from Tommy next week?? Awww...I'm rooting for those two.

I always think that's a stripper thong and she just clipped off the part that covers the butt crack. Everything else she kept like the side chains to tie around the face

Why is Mike surprised that Customs is closed on Saturdays?...speaking of which why are you conducting any kind of business on the Shabbat.

Me thinks the parking lot shoe exchange was set up for dramatic purposes. You do not get your shoe delivery the morning of the launch. You get it at least a week before and start playing with the display look, in case anything needs to be overnighted. Those shoe boxes...that's not 500 pairs..maybe 3 styles with one of each size.

He didn't invest any money...he doesn't have any assets...he's just the face. The next ad campaign should be one of Mike leaning down with a shoe up his ass and another protruding out of his mouth

Edited by KungFuBunny
typos sorry!
  • Love 5

Oh I definitely agree that Mike has no money to invest.  What I meant about throwing money down the drain is that I think he takes his salary from this show and spends it to create whatever image he has going.  Last season he spent it on a rented desk in an office to pretend he was this savvy real estate agent doing big things.  And I think he spends it on whatever shiny and sparkly thing he thinks gives him the flash he deserves and wants everyone watching to think is really him. 

• Love 3

As Mike was racing around southern California trying to get his shoes, I kept thinking "Kitson went out business, right??" Mike should have sent his business partner to San Diego to pick up the shoes. Mike should have taken the samples to the party to display. When the actual shoes arrived, he could have launched his passion for shoes spiel.

Dear god in heaven, what will it take to get Reza to stop butting into other people's business and to shut the fuck up? Does someone need to throw more real estate work at him? Sammi was at the party. Reza still wants to be a comedian? Somebody pay for an improv class. Reza is happy in his marriage? I'm going to need Adam to not rest on his laurels in the bedroom so that Reza forgets every name other than Adam's.

• Love 7

Asa.  That thing she puts on her face.  She looks like that old Bugs Bunny cartoon when Bugs pretends to be a harem woman and throws that lampshade thing over his face.

I was wondering where I remembered that from! I like Asa though.  I know, lame.  She may be an outer space loon, but she does seem sweet. I thought she rocked that jumpsuit at Kits on! I want one now dang it, but I'm only 4'9" so you know I would just look like a weebleoh. Lol

Reza is a pig.  He thinks he's the OG. I hate his looks, the way he carries himself, his need to be in the middle of everything... blech.

Michael Michael Michael... why would the shoes be coming through customs the day of and not at a minimum, day before? 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Where the thread for he episode that aired La Vida Loca??????

That episode is actually next week, "Mr. Shouhed's Wild Ride" is the one that aired last night.

On 7/17/2016 at 9:48 PM, Bronzedog said:

Mike's shoes are made in Mexico?

That's ok.  Anything produced in US, Mexico or Canada strengthens the economy of North America.  Sure USA is best but Mexico is better to say China/India.

8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

As Mike was racing around southern California trying to get his shoes, I kept thinking "Kitson went out business, right??" Mike should have sent his business partner to San Diego to pick up the shoes. Mike should have taken the samples to the party to display. When the actual shoes arrived, he could have launched his passion for shoes spiel.

Good point!  I thought he could just assemble boxes and put in shoes in the car.

On 7/17/2016 at 10:24 PM, bosawks said:

Failure follows Mike around like the dust cloud followed Pig Pen in Charlie Brown.

More like Joe Btfsplk from Lil Abner comics - he had a stormcloud.

Next week preview looks hilarious with Mike and MJ's mom.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Next week preview looks hilarious with Mike and MJ's mom.

I Cannot WAIT to watch Mike troll Vida. She's just so damn awful, and he 's just swiftly rebutting every single shady comment with more shade and my heart is just so happy.

• Love 4
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Watermelon said:

I Cannot WAIT to watch Mike troll Vida. She's just so damn awful, and he 's just swiftly rebutting every single shady comment with more shade and my heart is just so happy.

I know, I know, me too!  He has just risen to my favorite.  He has just the right amount of rage and good upbringing for this to not be AWESOME.  [rubs hands and skips away]

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 1

Asa reminds me of the the daughter from Grey Gardens, wearing things oddly, like a sweater as a skirt or tying scarves around her in various ways and those turbans, (oy vey, very Mrs.Roper) etc...that gold mesh veil made me laugh hard.  Her photography of couples was a nice touch except the pictures of her and Jermaine were obviously taken by someone else.  

Does anyone want to explain to me the fascination with faux funerals for every occasion, now it's a renewal ceremony, Renewal for what? 

Mike and his shoes, when I saw it was Kitson I thought they were closed and the end note mentioned that.  I thought the shoes were meh, I pictured really sleek Italian loafers and tuxedo shoes, not oaf shoes, hot pink oaf shoes at that.  I think the producers may have played with the border crossing a bit or the timing because who schedules a premier of a new product the day the stock is delivered, wouldn't you want to inspect the shipment before you show it to the public? Something was just a little off for me.

Shervin and his dial a date girlfriend was a big snooze, I saw no chemistry between them in person or skyping.

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 0:49 PM, Petunia13 said:

Where the thread for he episode that aired La Vida Loca??????

It apparently didn't air yet  but I know what you mean, my TIVO kept recording and recording "La Vida Loca" episodes when ever it was but  when viewed it was "Mr. Souhed's Wild Ride" footage. It was probably a glitch in programming.

I came here to see if anybody had the same issue.

• Love 1

This episode was listed as La Vida Loca (complete with that episode description) on most sites (tvguide.com, zap2it.com, etc) until Monday morning.  I'd guess the cable guides also had it misnamed.  La Vida Loca is episode 14 and will air on Sunday.

• Love 1
On July 19, 2016 at 4:51 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Shervin and his dial a date girlfriend was a big snooze, I saw no chemistry between them in person or skyping.

Thats because she has lady parts. Shervin likes the peen.

• Love 2

I think it's interesting that there's so few comments on this episode. I actually sighed when I saw the show on my DVR. I don't know what it is about this season that just doesn't interest me. 

MJ plans a "rebirth" ceremony at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery; newlyweds Reza and Adam call upon Asa to make their marriage official; GG reaches a truce with her mother about her chemotherapy; Tommy makes a gesture that will change MJ's life.

GG is young compared to the other shahs, but if we take it out of show and compare her to for instance Kathryn on Southern Charm who´s supposed to be too old to act wild etc etc, then GG is plain old. Waaayyy too old for the stuff that´s coming out of her mouth and the way she lives and acts. It´s weird to me to see GG explained away like she´s so young and she´s in so much pain, when Kathryn who´s not even 25 yet and has 2 kids with a foolish old man (her choice, I´m not blaiming anyone else for that), is supposed to be too old to act immature...

I´ve always liked GG and for a while I had hope for her but that´s long since gone. She´s just sad to watch now (not that the rest are any better, except Asa). I don´t understand her family either, they have a crazy weird dynamic and I´m sure something wasn´t right when GG was growing up.

• Love 1
On 7/20/2016 at 6:57 PM, Rahul said:

Thats because she has lady parts. Shervin likes the peen.

Do you listen to Watch What Crappens? They do impressions of all of the Bravo folks. They had this hilarious bit where Shervin is Skyping with his Australian girlfriend and she asks Shervin if he's talked to Nima about wanting to bottom more. It's terrible and hilarious.

3 hours ago, halkatla said:

GG is young compared to the other shahs, but if we take it out of show and compare her to for instance Kathryn on Southern Charm who´s supposed to be too old to act wild etc etc, then GG is plain old. Waaayyy too old for the stuff that´s coming out of her mouth and the way she lives and acts. It´s weird to me to see GG explained away like she´s so young and she´s in so much pain, when Kathryn who´s not even 25 yet and has 2 kids with a foolish old man (her choice, I´m not blaiming anyone else for that), is supposed to be too old to act immature...

I´ve always liked GG and for a while I had hope for her but that´s long since gone. She´s just sad to watch now (not that the rest are any better, except Asa). I don´t understand her family either, they have a crazy weird dynamic and I´m sure something wasn´t right when GG was growing up.

I believe the main difference and hugely important factor about Kathryn and GG is the two children, I think GG is making poor life decisions and it has nothing to do with her age. Kathryn makes shitty life decisions but she has two small children. If Kathryn had continued to be the "bar star" she was and party like GG without having two children I think the reaction would be similar to the reaction to GG.

(edited)

It´s nothing unusual to have two kids and she´s got many people helping her with that. I don´t see it as a difference for how they are judged by their age/lifestyle. Kathryn is almost 10 years younger than GG, so the young label applies to her much better (yet it´s often excused away as if something magical is supposed to happen to young mothers as soon as they give birth) and she has the opportunity and the time to grow up. I thought she had it semi-well put together on the last season of SC, Kathryn has a volatile and sometimes stupid personality but it´s nothing on the level of GG´s.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 1
(edited)

This thing about customs being closed on Saturdays confuses me.  I lived in San Diego for a few years and we went to TJ regularly. Since we worked 6 days a week, the only day we could go was Saturdays.  We never had any problems crossing the border and the custom agents were always there inspecting what we bought.  

ETA: Upon reflection, we lived so close we never drove through the border like Mike did. We drove to the trolley station, parked our vehicle and walked through customs. That must be the difference.

Edited by Trace
Remembered something........
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well for me children do make all the difference because her behavior, like blocking the father from seeing their children for 12 weeks, impact innocent kids. GG making decisions impacts her health but that is on her and she is not dragging innocent lives into it.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
(edited)

Lived on the boarder of AZ for many years. Yes, totally different experiences driving a vehicle ( very long lines & if they feel like it, at minimal hassle and/or very stressful ) vs walking ( not bad, long lines) across the boarder.  First time in 80's. Last time was 10 years ago. And I can imagine that it is worse, as all this illegal immigration/cartel crap intensifies. Which shows how lame Mike and his partners are for not planning appropriately for the keystone cop transfer of goods across the Mexican Border. Major Fail.

Edited by itsadryheat

God, it is now official. I hate Vida every bit as much as Teresa and Joe Guidice.  There is a special place in hell for the three of them.  Honestly, when Vida passes away I think MJ will be feeling equal amounts of sadness AND RELIEF.  I had a person in my family (very close to me) who was just as vile as Vida.  When she passed away I felt more relief than sadness.  I felt very light as if 5 million tons of absolute shit was lifted off my shoulders and lowered into that coffin with my relative.

• Love 10

Vida is so terrified that her daughter might get it right in life, find love and happiness, something she, herself, failed at miserably, so she wants MJ to be as big a failure as she is. She is also terrified to her core that if MJ really finds love and happiness, she will turn her back on her for good because that is what Vida would do.

• Love 19

I had a relative like Vida once. She was a practicing witch. I'm not saying Vida is possessed by a force summoned by the poweres of the Necronomicon or ghoul but she acts like someone full of malice. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, beesknees said:

God, it is now official. I hate Vida every bit as much as Teresa and Joe Guidice.  There is a special place in hell for the three of them.  Honestly, when Vida passes away I think MJ will be feeling equal amounts of sadness AND RELIEF.  I had a person in my family (very close to me) who was just as vile as Vida.  When she passed away I felt more relief than sadness.  I felt very light as if 5 million tons of absolute shit was lifted off my shoulders and lowered into that coffin with my relative.

My grandmother was very similar to Vida, except throw in a dash of Christianity and Jesus. Everyone was terrible, everyone was going to hell.. Everything in her life was someone else's fault. When she died both me and my mom were sooooooo relieved. And sadly there were only 4 of us at her funeral...me, my mom and stepdad, and my uncle. No one else cared. That's what happens when you alienate literally everyone who was in your life. I honestly didn't even want to go the funeral either, but I did it for my mom.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, fliptopbox said:

My grandmother was very similar to Vida, except throw in a dash of Christianity and Jesus. Everyone was terrible, everyone was going to hell.. Everything in her life was someone else's fault. When she died both me and my mom were sooooooo relieved. And sadly there were only 4 of us at her funeral...me, my mom and stepdad, and my uncle. No one else cared. That's what happens when you alienate literally everyone who was in your life. I honestly didn't even want to go the funeral either, but I did it for my mom.

That's what happened to my paternal step-grandfather.  My grandmother divorced him when she was 80.  Turns out he stole 35k from her to sent to relatives in the old country, so she was awarded 75% of their house and all the belongings in it.  No one cared for him once she divorced him and we only found out he died when his name was mentioned on the local radio station that was in their language.  We would have missed knowing about it if my maternal grandfather hadn't been listening.

It was scary how Reza was chasing GG, like he was prepared to beat her up.  No one deserves to be touched that way no matter what they've said to another person.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, voiceover said:

You know, I used to cut Vida some slack, because she sounds like all my aunties (accent-wise only).

But after the "When you're perfect I'll be proud of you",  I was with Mike.  

"Dear Vida,

And I say this with all respect:

Go fuck yourself."

Amen!  Peace be to Allah!

How in the world would Reza think the laws aren't inclusive of surprise weddings?  No one has a surprise wedding.  I yelled it at the tv!

Speaking of yelling at the tv:  Dear Mike, as chairperson of the jury we have found you not guilty and wish you had gone all in on that horrible person.

MJ - she needs to insulate herself from her toxic mother or she will become her.  We already see some tendencies.  See your mom once a month for 30 minutes and set the timer.  Every time your mother says something bad, laugh it off.  It will piss her off.  Keep acting like she is the insane lunatic she is.  This will driver her nuts.  Delete all texts without reading them.  On a phone call, listen for a couple of seconds and if she is mean say something like, "OMG the dog fell off the balcony." or some other crazy emergency. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Oy, these people. This show. Remember when it was kind of fun and funny? I mean, it's been a while, but that's pretty much gone.

However, I *would* be all in on a "Real Housewives: Tommy Edition" rerun each week. (Think "social edition" with THs featuring Tommy edited in.) His comments on Ramona and Jac would be gold, Jerry! Gold!

all things considered, I was surprised to see a Fiji Water ad during the show...

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 2

Vida doesn't deserve respect.  I am not of the reality TV star school of "At first I don't respect you!  You have to earn my respect blahblahblah."  But you can prove yourself undeserving of respect, and Vida has done that, mainly because she doesn't respect anyone else.  She's vile.

Tommy, Reza, Gigi, etc. are grown up people.  If they wanted to see the peace kept, they should have intervened on Mike's behalf and not sat there giggling and shuffling their feet while Vida poked at their "friend".  All they would have had to do is change the topic and start talking among themselves-they didn't even have to confront her.  Would they have just sat there if she'd started making derogatory comments about Reza being gay or MJ dating a black man?  Is there ever a time when your elder needs to get checked?

• Love 6

Has it ever been mentioned what Tommy does (or doesn't do) for a living?  I can't recall, but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.  None of these people really seem to work, so I guess he fits right in.  I wonder if the jewelry store comped all or part of the price of the ring as a trade-off for free ad time.

And jeez, MJ, go up a size or three.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, ninjago said:

Vida doesn't deserve respect.  I am not of the reality TV star school of "At first I don't respect you!  You have to earn my respect blahblahblah."  But you can prove yourself undeserving of respect, and Vida has done that, mainly because she doesn't respect anyone else.  She's vile.

Tommy, Reza, Gigi, etc. are grown up people.  If they wanted to see the peace kept, they should have intervened on Mike's behalf and not sat there giggling and shuffling their feet while Vida poked at their "friend".  All they would have had to do is change the topic and start talking among themselves-they didn't even have to confront her.  Would they have just sat there if she'd started making derogatory comments about Reza being gay or MJ dating a black man?  Is there ever a time when your elder needs to get checked?

Mike did try and after Vida asked about Adam (Reza answered her) she went right back to asking Mike about Jessica. I don't think anyone could stop her because she saw his discomfort and she revels in making others as miserable as she is.

• Love 5
(edited)

MJ sounded drunk and/or high at that ridiculous "ceremony." I can't take Tommy shouting through all his dialogue.

Mike needs to go somewhere and figure his life out. He's perpetually angry and sulking, and I'm not talking about with Vida. Even when he was on WWHL with one of the RHoP  ladies, he looked like an angry drunk and one of the viewers even called him on it. 

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 1