Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: Goodbye, Dubai

• Start Topic

Oh I LOVE Istanbul!  My favorite city in the world.

Have not been to Dubai, I prefer cities with history like Rome, Athens, etc. Dubai is too new and to focused on materialism. 

I've heard wonderful thing about Istanbul and I agree Dubai was all flash. My husband said it was like finally going on a date with the hot girl and on the date realizing you should have stayed home and slept. lol No substance but pretty to look at 

• Love 4

Before anyone decides to move to Dubai it might be a good idea to check out these articles. If you like 120 degree temperatures with 100% humidity, slavery, prostitutes, no internet and imprisonment if you get into debt then be my guest and make the move to Dubai. Granted, this first article is from 2009 just after the world bank collapse. http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/johann-hari/the-dark-side-of-dubai-1664368.html

This second article is a more recent first-hand account of what it's like to live in a place like Dubai. http://www.escapeartist.com/blog/20-reasons-not-to-move-to-dubai/

• Love 9

I will say I do think Lisa V is manipulative and demands loyalty, however I think she is a ride or die for those that do side with her. She defends them to all and tries to get them on the Bobby Fisher level. i think that is why she tried to "mother" Brandi and why people think she is controlling. 

• Love 5

Rinna brought it up because she felt LVP played her by suggesting she bring up Munch on camera. And Rinna felt LVP tried to play Kyle by suggesting that RInna "bring Kyle into it" on camera. Rinna brought it up bc she wanted LVP to know that she was aware of her attempted manipulation and to stop being put in the middle.

Eileen brought it up bc she thinks LVP is manipulative and underhanded and this whole Munch Rinna/Kyle/LVP is proof of her theory that LVP can't be trusted.

Nowhere on the show did anyone say they wanted to be a peacemaker.

Your right except for the hundred times Eileen has mention resolution and having a conversation.  I misued the word peacemaker because their isn't such a word in common usage as resolutionmaker.  It would mean that Eileen and Rinna's attempts at resolution were more attempts at warring and stirring things up. 

Rinna made Yolanda's illness her business, Kyle and LVP were fine with what they had discussed on camera.  Maybe if Rinna wasn't so busy commenting on Kim and making Kyle uncomfortable she might have had a more in depth conversation with Kyle and LVP regarding Yolanda's inconsistencies.  Instead she made it all about her and how guilty she felt for having an off camera conversation with someone unknown to anyone on the show an dropped the Munchausen's bomb complete with reading off the definition.  Rinna overplaying it is not LVP's fault.  Eileen trying to tie LVP to Rinna and her verbal diarrhea is not LVP's fault. 

It is on Rinna if she wants to bring up Kyle in her conversation with Yolanda.  She has brought Kyle into by mentioning what LVP said.  No matter how many times and ways Kyle states she has moved the rest of the crew then blames her for having a low standard in her friendships.  What really catty people.  Would they feel better if Kyle said she was hurt by LVP and could no longer be her friend?  That is the problem too many people Yolanda, at the top of the list, defining what others should have as a friendship standard. 

• Love 11

Well, damn!

(I wonder if LVP--choosing the scorched earth, "Behold this barren field of fucks I have to give" tack--would also pose the question to Vince: "How'd you feel screwing some other man's wife?")

Love the visual! Nope, not a "fuck"in sight!

6npyrf2.jpg

• Love 14
(edited)

Ouch, LVP ripped Eileen apart in her blog this week.

"She is obviously motivated by Soapy, to funnel her aggression in my direction,"Come on LR...attack!" Soapy in the wings, salivating with LR center stage, trying desperately to deflect from her own actions and Sudsy prompting her."

Soapy?  LOL.

She also nails Rinna pretty well too.  

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 9

Before anyone decides to move to Dubai it might be a good idea to check out these articles. If you like 120 degree temperatures with 100% humidity, slavery, prostitutes, no internet and imprisonment if you get into debt then be my guest and make the move to Dubai. Granted, this first article is from 2009 just after the world bank collapse. http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/johann-hari/the-dark-side-of-dubai-1664368.html

This second article is a more recent first-hand account of what it's like to live in a place like Dubai. http://www.escapeartist.com/blog/20-reasons-not-to-move-to-dubai/

Makes me both sad and angry...interesting/informative articles.

• Love 4

So, who brought Kyle into all this? RINNA

I guess Rinna lied when she told LVP she wasn't going to bring her into it!

I wish LVP told Rinna "You fucking liar! You said you weren't going to bring Kyle into this but you just brought Kyle into this on camera"....actually Rinna already did this on the beach with Eileen a couple episodes ago [so Rinna has dragged Kyle into this twice now on camera].

• Love 11
(edited)
Awesome! And I did feel bad for LisaV. People are always trying to get her to cop to shit and are also rewriting shit for her to eat and accept. I've had this exact thing happen to me. People trying to force me to accept THEIR perception of me or of someone I've said. Whenever I've clarified what I meant and that they misunderstood it would be countered with "Oh now you're back tracking or flipping it so that what you said wasn't wrong. Just say you're sorry but oh no you never do anything wrong".

It reminds me of when Caroline demanded an apology from Teresa, then would not accept it because "you're not sorry!"

Oh my god, off topic, I am having this kind of shit right now with my BF, and it is seriously making me want to get a Valium prescription ASAP. I say, "Here's a thing that bothered me" ("me" being the operative word, as I cannot speak to what bothers him!) and suddenly it's, "I don't get all mad when you do A & B, which you do because you are this and you think that!" or, "Oh, so it's OK when you do X, but not when I do Y?" Can we please just talk about Y before veering off into X...which clearly didn't bother you enough to say something when it happened. Ugh, I'm so frustrated that I legitimately have no idea what the hell to do.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 7

Rinna brought it up because she felt LVP played her by suggesting she bring up Munch on camera. And Rinna felt LVP tried to play Kyle by suggesting that RInna "bring Kyle into it" on camera. Rinna brought it up bc she wanted LVP to know that she was aware of her attempted manipulation and to stop being put in the middle.

Eileen brought it up bc she thinks LVP is manipulative and underhanded and this whole Munch Rinna/Kyle/LVP is proof of her theory that LVP can't be trusted.

Nowhere on the show did anyone say they wanted to be a peacemaker.

LisaR didn't claim LisaV told her to bring Munchausen up on camera until Eileen convinced her of that, until then she said that she alone did it without anyone prompting her. Had LisaV been on board with LisaR suggesting Yolanda had M, she would have called her out on that during that lunch at LisaV house/the meet the ponies episode when LisaR first broached the subject and she did not. She is now trying to claim that LisaV suggested that she try to blame Kyle for her, LisaR, saying it. As I said earlier, she is changing up her stories to fit with Eileen's feelings/opinions about LisaV, not what actually happened.

• Love 16

It reminds me of when Caroline demanded an apology from Teresa, then would not accept it because "you're not sorry!"

Oh my god, off topic, I am having this kind of shit right now with my BF, and it is seriously making me want to get a Valium prescription ASAP. I say, "Here's a thing that bothered me" ("me" being the operative word, as I cannot speak to what bothers him!) and suddenly it's, "I don't get all mad when you do A & B, which you do because you are this and you think that!" or, "Oh, so it's OK when you do X, but not when I do Y?" Can we please just talk about Y before veering off into X...which clearly didn't bother you enough to say something when it happened. Ugh, I'm so frustrated that I legitimately have no idea what the hell to do.

Tell him you are going to talk about it for X minutes, use a clock to time it, after he says something -Turn it back on him and ask him what he would like you to do about it. Listen then agree or disagree with his wishes. Don't get sucked into a Well YOU Do That back and forth.

• Love 4

One thing that I have noticed is that an apology/understanding/détente/move on means nothing to this bunch of fucking hags.

Instead of letting it roll or die down, any little reminder is a spark to ignite the fumes.

Again? Social media is the equivalent of pulling a drive by shooting, with words.

A fucking cowardly way to settle a beef.

• Love 7
(edited)

Tell him you are going to talk about it for X minutes, use a clock to time it, after he says something -Turn it back on him and ask him what he would like you to do about it. Listen then agree or disagree with his wishes. Don't get sucked into a Well YOU Do That back and forth.

Thank you. Maybe I will; I have tried everything it seems! I really, really, REALLY am not trying to "pick a fight" or be dramatic when I try to tell him something--who the hell wants to fight (unless you're a RHoBH, that is)? I don't want to make him unhappy when there's and issue, yet I don't want to be either, man. Makes me wonder why he's here with me at all if he wholeheartedly believes that I'm the kind of girl who would deliberately bait him into an argument just to--what?--liven shit up in our suburban condo, haha! He is a very defensive person and can (will?) not see that about himself. Or...

I could try telling him to stop talking and eat his chicken!

​Again? Social media is the equivalent of pulling a drive by shooting, with words.

Yup (and I say that as someone who really felt the urge to do some creative passive-aggressive Facebookery today). Leaping for your Twitter account to make a preemptive strike or "innocent" snide remark is insane (and who the hell has time for such things?), especially at these ladies' ages. I normally do not go for limiting people by age, but I mean for clothes, hair, activities, whatever. But I feel like there's some kind of idiosyncrasy happening if you're over 40 and care that much!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3

We have no idea how often Rinna goes to see her mother.  We do know she works a lot and has a family in LA.

Here's a thought maybe Rinna's half sister thinks she is a huge pain in the ass with all her over the top drama.  If her half sister enjoys Rinna's mother's company why is it a burden or emotional dirty work?

Lisa said she returns to Oregon only every YEAR OR TWO.  And if her mother is in assisted living and has dementia, then she has doctor visits and health care aide issues and insurance questions and prescriptions and sleep issues ... And if NOT, then she could go to LA and live with her DAUGHTER instead of leaning on her STEPDAUGHTER who is several years older than Lisa and could even have medical issues of her own. Just sayin' Lisa just seems very cavalier about visiting, but boy, she can turn on the tears.

• Love 13

My Mom has early stage Dementia and I make sure that I take my (now) 4 year old Granddaughter to see her once every week or 2 no matter what. My GD has grown up seeing her on a regular basis and I can't tell you how much joy it brings all of us. They are very close, close enough that my GD recognizes her Great Granny's voice on the phone, runs to her when she sees her and gently jumps up into my Moms lap/arms. When my Mom has trouble remembering her name, my GD gently teases her when she reminds Great Granny what it is and she never minds when GG asks the same question over and over again. The bond, love and joy between these 2 very special people is awe inspiring to see and I am lucky to witness it as often as I do and I count these times, no matter how frail my Mom's mind is, as some of the best/greatest times of my life. My Mom is in an assisted living facility and I encourage my GD to talk to all of the residents she sees because so many of them don't see their families much at all, if at all, which I find so terribly sad.

That's great! Believe me, you'll never regret it. It's time well spent.

• Love 2

LisaR didn't claim LisaV told her to bring Munchausen up on camera until Eileen convinced her of that, until then she said that she alone did it without anyone prompting her. Had LisaV been on board with LisaR suggesting Yolanda had M, she would have called her out on that during that lunch at LisaV house/the meet the ponies episode when LisaR first broached the subject and she did not. She is now trying to claim that LisaV suggested that she try to blame Kyle for her, LisaR, saying it. As I said earlier, she is changing up her stories to fit with Eileen's feelings/opinions about LisaV, not what actually happened.

Rinna told Eileen on the beach that she thought LVP was trying to manipulate her. Eileen suggested she tell LVP what was bothering Rinna. Rinna came to Eileen first. Kyle, in her TH on the last episode, also brought up the theory that LVP was trying to use other people to say Yolanda had Munchausean. Nothing about the LVP using others regarding Munch started with Eileen.

• Love 3

My Mom has early stage Dementia and I make sure that I take my (now) 4 year old Granddaughter to see her once every week or 2 no matter what. My GD has grown up seeing her on a regular basis and I can't tell you how much joy it brings all of us. They are very close, close enough that my GD recognizes her Great Granny's voice on the phone, runs to her when she sees her and gently jumps up into my Moms lap/arms. When my Mom has trouble remembering her name, my GD gently teases her when she reminds Great Granny what it is and she never minds when GG asks the same question over and over again. The bond, love and joy between these 2 very special people is awe inspiring to see and I am lucky to witness it as often as I do and I count these times, no matter how frail my Mom's mind is, as some of the best/greatest times of my life. My Mom is in an assisted living facility and I encourage my GD to talk to all of the residents she sees because so many of them don't see their families much at all, if at all, which I find so terribly sad.

Here's my story: when I was in 5th grade my grandfather, who was dying of brain cancer was put in a nursing home. I was schlepped there every week to see him. The whole place smelled like rotting food and feces. The nursing home populace all had varying degrees of dementia and some would yell out incoherent things at random times and others looked like catatonic zombies. It was frightening and horrible and I hated going there.

In addition, my grandfather withered away physically and mentally and I got to see him over time decompose from this proud, strapping man into a drooling, blank-stared invalid who couldn't sit up or brush his teeth. After about 8 months of being forced to endure this weekly nightmare, I put my foot down and refused to go. "You'll regret it" my family told me. Nope. 30 years later and my only regret is that I didn't put my foot down sooner. I've had to live with those horrible images, smells, feelings and a fear of old age for this entire time. The worst part is the sadness I feel looking back at what my grandfather endured being imprisoned in his body and having to live like that.

No one can say what's right or wrong for anyone else. Not everyone is the same and not everyone's experience or interpretations of experience are the same. My family didn't seem as affected by their visiting as I was. Good for them. But I had to do what was right for me. If Rinna feels this experience would traumatize her, she has every right to not put herself through that. I think it's wrong to paint her as a spoiled brat just because it doesn't jive with your values or worldview. YMMV.

• Love 11

Do you have any ponies? Do they wander by the pool?

• Love 5
(edited)

I think one's decision to visit or not visit their parents is a personal one, and not everyone has the same parents and upbringing. My mom and dad are not a part of my life, though they easily could be, they prefer to do their own thing and were rarely interested in my activities as a kid, and are even less so today. If they were sick, though it would be terrible, I wouldn't feel the urge to visit them since they never were there for me. I just don't have a close bond with them and they raised me to be independent and not need them. However, with other parents, people are extremely close to them, and their parents are a huge part of their lives. I can definitely see if you had super loving and caring parents that were always there for you, to abandon them later would seem heartless. But I really think parents teach their children how to treat others, including them. LisaR seems to love her parents, but I don't think she was ever given a lot of love from them. Her sister was drug addict and she has said that her parents also told her to smile and not talk about feelings, in other words, "Don't bother me." 

In general, parents raise you and if they get sick, they get sick. Visiting them more or less isn't going to change their condition.  If they grew up with parents that never visited their sick parents, then they haven't learned that. Interesting, my mom was annoyed when her father died and she had to travel to the funeral. My dad didn't even go to his own brother's funeral. So will I feel bad for not visiting them if they get sick? Not really. But I would make sure they were taken care of and check on them. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 17

My Mom has early stage Dementia and I make sure that I take my (now) 4 year old Granddaughter to see her once every week or 2 no matter what. My GD has grown up seeing her on a regular basis and I can't tell you how much joy it brings all of us. They are very close, close enough that my GD recognizes her Great Granny's voice on the phone, runs to her when she sees her and gently jumps up into my Moms lap/arms. When my Mom has trouble remembering her name, my GD gently teases her when she reminds Great Granny what it is and she never minds when GG asks the same question over and over again. The bond, love and joy between these 2 very special people is awe inspiring to see and I am lucky to witness it as often as I do and I count these times, no matter how frail my Mom's mind is, as some of the best/greatest times of my life. My Mom is in an assisted living facility and I encourage my GD to talk to all of the residents she sees because so many of them don't see their families much at all, if at all, which I find so terribly sad.

We took my young niece to visit my dad. It always amazed me how the seniors lit up around kids. Didn't matter who's grandkids were, they had extended grandparents that day. It was as if somebody turned on the light.

• Love 9

Here's my story: when I was in 5th grade my grandfather, who was dying of brain cancer was put in a nursing home. I was schlepped there every week to see him. The whole place smelled like rotting food and feces. The nursing home populace all had varying degrees of dementia and some would yell out incoherent things at random times and others looked like catatonic zombies. It was frightening and horrible and I hated going there.

In addition, my grandfather withered away physically and mentally and I got to see him over time decompose from this proud, strapping man into a drooling, blank-stared invalid who couldn't sit up or brush his teeth. After about 8 months of being forced to endure this weekly nightmare, I put my foot down and refused to go. "You'll regret it" my family told me. Nope. 30 years later and my only regret is that I didn't put my foot down sooner. I've had to live with those horrible images, smells, feelings and a fear of old age for this entire time. The worst part is the sadness I feel looking back at what my grandfather endured being imprisoned in his body and having to live like that.

No one can say what's right or wrong for anyone else. Not everyone is the same and not everyone's experience or interpretations of experience are the same. My family didn't seem as affected by their visiting as I was. Good for them. But I had to do what was right for me. If Rinna feels this experience would traumatize her, she has every right to not put herself through that. I think it's wrong to paint her as a spoiled brat just because it doesn't jive with your values or worldview. YMMV.

In no way was my story a slam to LisaR or anyone else. Each person has to make the decision themselves and they have to live with their decision. You knew your GF when he was healthier, I get where as a 5th grader that change was horrifying to see and witness in someone so young. So you know, I agree that you made the right choice. My GD has only known my Mom in this surrounding and with dementia so it is in no way traumatic for her.

Do I think LisaR should visit her mom more than once a year as she claims she does now? Yes, because her mom still has memories that are tied directly to her and it gives her stepsister a break. That doesn't mean that I think she needs to take her 2 teens with her but visiting her mom every few months and supporting her stepsister is not asking much, after all, we are talking about a grown woman and not some 10/11 year child that doesn't understand what is happening. That said, it is also possible that LisaR's visiting makes it harder on both her mom and her stepsister and in that case, she is doing the right thing, BUT, had that been the case, I believe she would have said that and she hasn't.

• Love 6

All I'm really saying in regards to Rinna is that we don't know. Maybe she is a spoiled asshole, but maybe there are other things in play that we're not privy to, nor should we be. She agreed to be on the show, her family did not, so I can understand why she may keep some things private.

• Love 8

What's also interesting to me about these words is that no one is detailing whether it was a question or a statement.

1. "Oh, I thought you were going to bring Kyle into it."

vs

2. "Oh, I thought you were going to bring Kyle into it?"

Haha this is like that episode of Seinfeld where he and Elaine analyzed whether Tim Watley said "why would Jerry bring anything?"  He said was the emphasis on "Jerry" or "bring?"  Apparently they need to be more clear.  Oh who am I kidding, they would still argue over it.   It is so disappointing, EVERY SINGLE gorgeous vacation the women take (across the franchise), they erupt in explosive fights.  Such a waste.  You'd hope they could put the drama aside for a few short days.  

• Love 6

I think Lipsa should turn off the crocodile tears then.

You get one, or you get the other, you don't get both. 

I can't believe this stupid episode generated 7 pages of posts that say something other than "Yawn" or "Who cares?" or "What a waste of a location shoot!" but that goes to show Bravo is, against all my internal screams at the mess this show has become, doing something right. 

• Love 1

I like the irony that fear of viewer backlash has lead to major viewer backlash against Rinna.  She should've just kept going with the M-word, be the voice of those of us who are skeptical of Yolanda.

Vanderpump should just stay classy.  Eileen/Rinna are damaged now, like Brandi before them, she doesn't need to pile on.  

Speaking of Brandi- I can't help but feel like Eileen/Rinna are playing the role of production's bitch(es) this season.  To me that's the most logical explanation here: they were tasked with taking on Vanderpump, they've done so (I'd wager that part of the task was integrating Yolanda, pulling her into the arguments, but who knows).  And once again Vanderpump seems to be walking away clean.  It's just too weird to me otherwise.  It's a rehash, Eileen has literally one thing to complain about, and Rinna's rationale makes her seem like a pushover which isn't something most people want to be.  They're used to working with crappy scripts (Days fan, that show gets...awful), maybe production thought they'd pull it off- at least make it credible.  

That's what I'm going with, anyway.  Doesn't make sense to me for two adults to do all this just 'cause.

• Love 3

The Real Housewives of Melbourne are off to Dubai this week (they DO get to ride camels ... Cue Gina looking incredibly awkward). Two franchises going to the same place in the same year?

To me, that's pushing us viewers too far in the 'believe x housewife is inviting the others on a trip' scenario. Melbourne's 'script' has Chykka's event planning company employed to stage a royal wedding in Dubai so she asks the 'girls' to go with her. We've always known these trips are set up by Bravo...I'm just commenting on the fourth wall being less sturdy these days (further evidenced by the LVP/Kyle/Rinna off camera/on camera drama).

• Love 2
(edited)

Have two women, both in their sophomore season, ever played it so wrong and imploded like Eileen and LisaR have? It's horrifying to watch. I am not even the biggest Vanderpump fan, but man did they need a rewrite on their script this season.

I'm so with you on this. I think LVP does pit people against each other in such a way that absolves her from blame. But Eileen can't let go of a mildly bitchy comment, and Rinna is mad that she can't make sweeping judgments about other peoples' problems without consequences. 

LVP couldn't have manipulated them to look any worse.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 6

What I find funny was that you see Lisa V intently listening to Kyle and for me I found that to be genuine. She seemed completely confused as to what would make Eileen accept her apology so she was willing to get the proper wording from Kyle. I thought that was actually pretty commendable. You see that she's confused at Kyle's criticism when she starts to ad lib what Kyle is feeding her. Like she really doesn't understand that what she's saying isn't coming off well. She offers the apology. Great. Then you see the wives asking LisaV about the apology and mocking it. Asking her in pointed tones whether she meant it. That's NOT LV mocking her apology they are. She's trying to explain it and the girls are laughing saying but did you mean it and while the women are cackling you can hear LVP say well I said it the way she needed to hear it because I don't want her to feel hurt. (paraphrasing but it's close). So even though it's obvious that LVP deliberately intended to "say what she wanted to hear" she also did it because she wanted to genuinely give Eileen an apology that would make her feel better. She was making the effort to deliver something to Eileen and I think the sentiment was authentic.

Lisa is confused and needs to be told what to say because she isn't able to empathize with others.
  • Love 5

Lisa said she returns to Oregon only every YEAR OR TWO.  And if her mother is in assisted living and has dementia, then she has doctor visits and health care aide issues and insurance questions and prescriptions and sleep issues ... And if NOT, then she could go to LA and live with her DAUGHTER instead of leaning on her STEPDAUGHTER who is several years older than Lisa and could even have medical issues of her own. Just sayin' Lisa just seems very cavalier about visiting, but boy, she can turn on the tears.

Why are we deciding what is best for Rinna's mom?  Maybe she likes her step daughter and her family.  Rinna moved away from mom and dad 35 years ago.  Maybe she wishes things were different but up until the time her mom had a stroke she sounded pretty active and happy.

• Love 11

On the Eileen's bone front, it cracks me up that she says to LVP about their "discussion" that LVP needs to own her stuff, since, well, the issue was Eileen's own past choices, and if she would truly own it instead of attempting to push responsibility for her embarrassment onto Lisa, there wouldn't be much of an issue. Sure, Lisa could have been more sensitive, but she definitely wasn't manipulating Eileen's past, LOL.

• Love 19

In all of the HW franchises ever, this has to be the some of the dumbest "drama" in some time.  So now, we're back to LVP and Yolanda dislike each other. 

Who's shocked?  Not me,  we already knew that from two seasons ago when Yolanda attempted her first takedown of LVP.  Nothing shocking about this, except that Rinna was dumb enough to get involved.

1.  If LVP said what Rinna said she said (and this is all so 6th grade), and Kyle is ok with it, then it's no one else's business. Period.  Kyle and LVP's friendship or lack of friendship is between them.  And I still maintain that Kyle has LVP's number, but she's made a decision that's the side she wants to be on. So be it. The others (and I'm looking at you, Eileen) need to shut up about it). What adults do this (you said, I said, she said, why are they friends, they shouldn't be friends, Kyle should be mad.....)?

2.  Erika is quite the little shit stirrer.  First tells Kathryn how her party is going to turn into a rehash of the other night, and then makes sure it does by egging Rinna and Eileen on. 

3.   While I believe LVP and Yolanda dislike each other, I believe it started with Yolanda and stems from LVP's closeness to both David Foster and Mohammed.  I don't think LVP cares that much - she's a fan favorite and can sit very prettily on Bravo's shelf for as long as it suits her.  She's not going anywhere unless she wants to.  Yolanda on the other hand, probably needs this job (and don't forget the blind item about her wanting a spinoff).  She would like very much to be where Lisa is.

4.  This rivalry makes even less sense in light of the fact that they have rarely filmed together this season. Yolands might as well be a "friend" and they might as well make the drama about LVP and, I don't know...Faye Resnick. It would have the same effect.  No one but Lisa Rinna and Eileen Davidson care.

And next week, the big finale is only going to be more of the same. Can hardly wait.

To respond to your first point (not that I don't agree with your entire post, because I do), Lisar also managed to get herself 'enraged' that Yo blew off Erika's dinner party after having lunch with Brandi and Kim and one of them posting selfies for everyone to see.  Yo called Erika to beg off, saying she was too tired; Erika said she totally understood and that was that.

Until Lisar saw the posting of the 3 of them and she became 'enraged' and refused to drop it. Why?  It had nothing to do with her. She wasn't the hostess, Yo hadn't made the commitment to her, Lisar was just another guest.

But she goes on and on and on about it, with Eileen poking the bear.  Stawp it, you two.  You're making yourselves look really, really bad.

• Love 7

Lisa is confused and needs to be told what to say because she isn't able to empathize with others.

Yep!

That's why the others were curious as to whether she meant it.

• Love 2

I'm still confused as to what is the big deal?  LisaR feels guilty about the M word, and Eileen somehow managed to turn it into a raging inferno.  Yes LisaV & Yo are not close - who cares.  Yo is a bitch, and probably resents Lisa's relationship with Mohammad.  So, they do the polite dance of acquaintance friendship - nothing more.   Yet Eileen & LisaR seem to now "see it clearly" that they have been manipulated.  BS!!!  Eileen is pissed that LisaV brought up her infidelity - nothing new to anyone - and Rinna is upset that she shot off her mouth (and google skills) and non of them were willing to jump on that train.    There is nothing to fight about, so why all the unnecessary drama?   What should have been a fun trip was ruined by LisaR and her behind the scenes instigator, Eileen.

The tears when Kathryn's mother called seemed like alot of "should have, would have, could have guilt".   When my mother-in-law was in a nursing home for a very brief time, I would spend days there, reading to her, and found myself visiting with the other residents.  When my MIL died, I went back to continue those visits, to learn about them, to hear their stories (always great), and remember they were young once too.   Even if they have dementia issues, they usually can remember "way back when", and you see their faces light up.  This was 7 years ago, and I still go once a week.    On the other side is my relationship with my own mother.  Due to circumstances, I chose not to speak to her.  Haven't for over 10 years.  I don't feel guilt over this, it is what it is.    But when I see LisaR cry, Eileen cry, and Kathryn speak as if her mother's dementia is nothing, I feel bad for them.  They will be the ones who will feel guilt.

• Love 2

I lost my mother over 30 years ago and situations like this sometimes make me upset. It sucks. You know it's irrational and you don't want to feel that way, but you can't help it. It may not be like that for everyone who's lost their mother, but it's like that for me.

I also understand why Lisa doesn't go to see her mother in the nursing home. It's super depressing to see them in that condition, and on top of that, they don't even know who you are sometimes. So you put yourself out there to visit them, knowing it's gonna make you depressed and upset, and The person you're visiting doesn't even get the benefit of your visit because they don't know who you are.

This is my post that I wrote yesterday at 11:42pm. Did you mean to quote me but the function didn't work?

Random thought. Why did Brandi think that an American Apparel bodysuit was the best choice for her talking heads? I mean, I should know better than to ask, but I will anyway.

And did anyone catch what it said on the escalator in the Dubai Oaks Galleria? Something about "California"? I'll have to catch it.

The California thing was a California Pizza Kitchen ad.

I was too distracted to Brandi's freshly fillered up face to notice what she wore.

• Love 1

This is my post that I wrote yesterday at 11:42pm. Did you mean to quote me but the function didn't work?

Lady of Nod is new and said in another post that she was trying to figure out  the quote function. Took me a time or two when I first started.

• Love 3

"Why don't you bring Kyle into it" is this season's "Why would they want to film you without Kelsey there".  Both are misheard statements that got blown waaaaay out of proportion.

• Love 8
(edited)

Eileen, Eileen, Eileen. You seem intelligent, so why nod when Lisa R talks total nonsense, why translate her stupid and sort her crazy? Rinna makes zero sense and is clearly quite insane. This entire season has been one marble-mouth, bobblehead Lisa R spin session after the next. We get it, her brain is rocks and marshmallows on spin cycle: She's jealous of Yolanda's lyme disease attention and is "enraged", to the point of tears, that Yo has other friends who use Instagram? Slightly Fatal Attraction meets Single White Female, but beats last season when she was harassing an addict into a relapse and threatened her with physical harm via text before trying to choke her at dinner. What. A. Psycho. Bravo, seriously, you need to screen for major mental health issues.

Makes me miss the long, weepy, pointless discussions about Kim's sobriety and Brandi's swearing. Holy mother of God. Thank the gods this season is over. 

Edited by Dutchgirl
  • Love 3
(edited)

On the Eileen's bone front, it cracks me up that she says to LVP about their "discussion" that LVP needs to own her stuff, since, well, the issue was Eileen's own past choices, and if she would truly own it instead of attempting to push responsibility for her embarrassment onto Lisa, there wouldn't be much of an issue. Sure, Lisa could have been more sensitive, but she definitely wasn't manipulating Eileen's past, LOL.

" Dahling, I wasn't the one who fucked a married man and broke up two marriages you did and Soapy, apparently you still have issues and it's you who needs to work it out and own it Dahling.  Oh, look Rumpy and Pumpy are playing with the ponies!"

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 6

It IS confusing and--other than wanting to insert themselves into a story and amp up their own position on the show--it doesn't make any sense for Lisar or Eileen to get THAT upset over Kyle's nonchalant attitude.

Exactly.  Why is it even their business?  Kyle & LisaV have been friends for a long time, know each other well, and even if that were not the case, their friendship is THEIR business!  They clearly want Kyle to be angry at LisaV because that would be helpful to their own ridiculous agenda, but how can they not see that Kyle can react however she chooses to?  She's a grown woman, and absolutely permitted to make her own choices no matter how much anyone else disagrees with them.  It's beyond obnoxious the way they were harping on it. 

WoeYo - it isn't that people don't like being around sick people, they just don't like being around YOU.

That's exactly right.  I have been around many very sick people - far more ill than Yolanda - who were much more pleasant to be around.  Probably because they were just nicer people to begin with.  Kinder people to begin with.  Less self-involved people to begin with.  I'm not saying they were all sweetness and light at every moment and I'm certainly not saying they did not get bitchy, kvetchy, and difficult.  But these people were legitimately very ill and truly debilitated, sometimes concerned about medical insurance, finances, and being able to afford good care, scared about being alone, etc.  These are people who often could not take care of themselves, were in constant, terrible pain, and completely dependent on others.  Not everyone has a Daisy or the finances to afford even a part-time Daisy or the funds to travel all around the world or go from doctor to doctor.  The people I've known and helped to care for had it far, far worse than Yolanda in pretty much every way.

And yet she's a total pain in the ass, even on her "good" days, as she pulls out her spreadsheets detailing who has done what for her, how often, and whether or not it was good enough.  None of the ill people I have ever known have been as demanding or as petty as Yolanda.  There are no light moments with her - It's all about her superiority, her preaching and pontificating and judging, with not the slightest interest in anyone else.   Certainly it's not easy being around sick people, but I don't find it to be unbearably difficult.   I do, however, think that spending time with Yolanda (whether she was sick or well) would be exactly that.

My beloved grandmother - as she lay dying of lung cancer in a hospice for months - routinely asked me how *I* was doing, if I was okay to drive home in the snow, what was new in my life, etc.  Right up until the end.  The very last conversation I ever had with her was about rush hour traffic -  a topic that she started, something that impacted me, but not her at all.  She was like that with everyone.  We all (friends too, not just family) cared about her, and she cared about us also.  She was interested in more than just herself - when she was perfect healthy and when she was ill.

And yet, Yolanda, even before her LD or whatever, never showed the slightest interest in anyone else, and clearly never thought that anyone else's life could hold a candle to hers.  So it was all Yolanda, all self-involved Yolanda, and of course that has only gotten worse.

eta:  I separated that last bit into two paragraphs because - honestly, and I know this sounds crazy! - I did not want Yolanda and my grandmother in the same paragraph.  My grandmother was my hero for so many reasons that are too long to go into here.  And she deserves a paragraph all to herself!!

Eileen and Rinna really piss me off with their sob stories.  If it mattered so much, you'd visit more than once a year.  Even if they don't know who you are, YOU know who your MOTHER is.  Bring her some flowers, bring her some hand lotion, offer to do her nails.  Spend time with her before she's gone. 

Yeah, that irritated me too.  It's not easy - no one ever said it was - but I think that's a terrible excuse.  Lots of things in life are tough, and if you can't suck it up for your own parents, then I have no patience for sob stories and poor-me crap.  They can't even be bothered to try to squeeze them in for even a few short visits.  That really makes me sad.

• Love 16