Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I like Lane Davies but they already tried to do a Mason/Julia redux with them on this show 20 years ago and I don’t think they were able to repeat it so not sure if going in even more heavy handed about it by making them bickering lawyers will work. I honestly can’t recall a time when actors were able to replicate their successful pairing on another show playing different characters. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I thought the chemistry worked with NLG and LD on GH in the 2000s, and even the character worked initially. It was the scripts, humiliating stories and general ethos towards Alexis at the time that strangled it in its crib.

• Useful 1

So NAC finally confirmed in SOD what everyone already knew. He ain’t coming back to GH. So now it’s either recast Spencer or find a new love for Trina or god forbid giver a storyline or something to do??!? Nah! That would be too difficult for the writers to think of. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)
29 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

So NAC finally confirmed in SOD what everyone already knew. He ain’t coming back to GH. So now it’s either recast Spencer or find a new love for Trina or god forbid giver a storyline or something to do??!? Nah! That would be too difficult for the writers to think of. 

I read his statement on Twitter and don't really know what to make of it.  "While there are no current plans for me to return, Frank and I are still talking very openly about future possibilities for Spencer in Port Charles".

it almost sounds to me as if GH has ruled out a recast.  Maybe they don't want to deal with it?  They just feel no one else will ever be accepted in the role?  And with NAC obviously not ruling out a future return, any actor who took that job takes it knowing he's gone if NAC wants to return.  So my guess is; Spencer is going to stay dead for the foreseeable future.  Which I don't like.  I don't like Nicholas being offscreen either.  But maybe the show just feels they can't get the recast for Tyler right either.  And maybe they can't. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 3
(edited)

TA’s doves post had X astir earlier in the week. She is a great ambassador for the show and a team player. I hope we see that reflected on our screens by summer. 

NAC does a great thing here confirming his exit, for now, and thanking fans. My best to him. 

Edited by ComeWhatMay
Grammar
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

So now it’s either recast Spencer or find a new love for Trina or god forbid giver a storyline or something to do??!? Nah! That would be too difficult for the writers to think of. 

Ava's gallery, art forgery/smuggling, & Trina. They could bring on a European dude for Trina to inappropriately channel her grief with. That age group needs some men and it looks like Cam is going to be away at Stanford this summer due to Wil Lipton filming his show and sorry, not sorry, Dex does not count.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
On 5/1/2024 at 11:55 AM, driver18 said:

Anyhoo, yeah, I dunno, I just have this funny feeling, the person we're losing at the wedding will be Finn.

Aww, yeah that’s kind of a bummer.  I know you’ve been a big champion of this couple.  And it’s a shame because I’ve always loved the character of Elizabeth and Becky could have chemistry with a telephone pole so I don’t know why it’s never really worked for me.  The writing, or lack thereof lately, definitely has something to do with it.  It’s been very juvenile and at times downright cringe worthy (I haven’t forgotten all that maple syrup business SHOW).  

• Like 3

Someone on Twitter asked Mo why his hair is so dark. He said he does it himself and that he wants to go grey but the show won’t allow it. I have a hard time believing he doesn’t have the clout to tell them he’s not dying his hair anymore. Christian LeBlanc (Y&R) stopped dying his hair during Covid and he’s a silver Fox now! Mo would look 1000x better with grey hair!

• Like 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Someone on Twitter asked Mo why his hair is so dark. He said he does it himself and that he wants to go grey but the show won’t allow it. I have a hard time believing he doesn’t have the clout to tell them he’s not dying his hair anymore. Christian LeBlanc (Y&R) stopped dying his hair during Covid and he’s a silver Fox now! Mo would look 1000x better with grey hair!

Interesting in that Sonny did go a bit grey for a little time. Guess they didn’t like it?

• Useful 1

Lots of photos and videos on Twitter from the daytime unites event. Looks like it was fun! There’s even one of CW dancing but of course I can’t find it again. 😝

• LOL 1
On 5/5/2024 at 2:22 PM, Sake614 said:

At the very least, he should have a professional color his hair. I imagine he can afford it. 

Since DZ's  Dante is letting his gray hair show, it's rather obvious in his scenes with his father that Mo's hair is dyed. 

This makes me suspect that Mo's story about the show not letting him go gray is a bit of an exaggeration or he and Dom have cooked up a scheme to make them let Sonny go gray. I would put my money on the former, since I agree with @Sake614 about the power he probably has. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Brooklyn has a hot cousin who is musical

https://apple.news/AQA6OHEDpRxmr4wwoaB0lDA

Of course she is. He’ll probably perform with Blaze or Brook Lynn will be his manager too. She’s also getting a grandfather. Which would actually be nice to see if I dared one tiny bit about this wedding. But I don’t.  I wonder if they’ll go to the local Six Flags amusement park and pretend it’s Coney Island? Oh who am I kidding? They likely blew all their location budget on the ‘Florida’ scenes for Carly and Drew last year 🤣

• LOL 3
On 5/7/2024 at 7:43 AM, rur said:

Mo would look 1000x better with grey hair!

He let it go grey during all the Nixon Falls bullshit and he looked great!  I was digging the silver fox look.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 1:35 PM, Sake614 said:

Hey all, great news! The show announced that JJY is back on set ❤️❤️ so happy that his treatment was a success and Max will finally return from wherever he’s been for the past almost year! 

I think you mean Mac.

On 5/9/2024 at 4:27 PM, PatsyandEddie said:

Brooklyn has a hot cousin who is musical

https://apple.news/AQA6OHEDpRxmr4wwoaB0lDA

It is kind of nice to see the musical love coming through on the show.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2

Well NLG has Twitter all riled up again. Hayley was placed in solitary for her protection and NLG is railing against the decision and rambling on about how Hayley ‘made a mistake’ and has ‘taken responsibility’ for it. Also that the $400 shirt was on loan from the GH wardrobe and the rehab took ‘every penny Hayley had.’ 

Like okay, I get it, she’s known Hayley since she was a kid and feels protective of her. That’s all well and good. By all means, be an advocate. But don’t take to Twitter with your rants as though Hayley was an innocent victim. What about the actual victim? You know, the one who was hospitalized because of Haley’s decision to drive under the influence?

NLG really needs to put down her phone and step away from Twitter. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 6

Without knowing what her family situation is, nor how many other reliable sources of support Hayley has, I think it's good that she at least has NLG in her corner.  To my mind, it's a societal crime that we don't provide real rehab or recovery maintenance to our incarcerated.  If we did, they might exit their punishment prepared to become contributing members of society.  Instead, they too often relapse because there are inadequate support systems in place, and become recidivists.  Turns out its economically wiser to help them in the first place.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

I have zero issues with NLG supporting her. But she comes off completely tone deaf to Haley’s actions of that night. Who cares if the shirt was borrowed? Who cares what it cost? Haley made a conscious decision to get behind the wheel of a car when she was impaired. And then she proceeded to plow into another vehicle, causing serious injuries to the driver. 

im glad she entered rehab and I hope she truly has learned a lesson. But considering her actions, 90 days in a county jail is the best deal she could get. Just let her serve her time, get out and forge a new path. Someday she might even be welcomed back into the entertainment industry. It worked for Robert Downey Jr and many others. The important thing is that she continues to get the help she needs to be a productive member of society again.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2

I read Nancy's comments.  

I didn't see any ranting.  I didn't see any railing.  At no point did Nancy try and defend Haley's actions.  Nor did she attempt to make Haley look like an innocent victim.  

Nancy wanted to share how well Haley was doing in prison, under the circumstances, after having recently spoken with her.  She also wanted to set the record straight about what she described as false and misleading media reports of the incident, while defending Haley's character.

6 hours ago, Artsda said:

...but drunk driving she defends? 

At no point in her comments did NLG ever defend drunk driving.  This is blatantly false.

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

I believe NLG commenting on Haley’s shirt being borrowed was due to Haley allegedly saying something to the police while being arrested about the cost of the shirt and not to touch it (or something to that effect).

• Like 6
(edited)

Nevermind. 

I disagree with NLG's assessment.

$8000 "compensation" to the victim, not nearly enough.

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 5
3 hours ago, ciarra said:

Nevermind. 

I disagree with NLG's assessment.

$8000 "compensation" to the victim, not nearly enough.

Hell, the car is probably worth more than $8k, never mind the medical expenses. 

• Like 1

The $8000 restitution was just part of the criminal case, and may be a relatively set number for the kind of crime.  The victim has also filed a civil case against Haley, which is where the much higher monetary amount will very likely be awarded.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
17 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

I read Nancy's comments.  

I didn't see any ranting.  I didn't see any railing.  At no point did Nancy try and defend Haley's actions.  Nor did she attempt to make Haley look like an innocent victim.  

Nancy wanted to share how well Haley was doing in prison, under the circumstances, after having recently spoken with her.  She also wanted to set the record straight about what she described as false and misleading media reports of the incident, while defending Haley's character.

At no point in her comments did NLG ever defend drunk driving.  This is blatantly false.

All of her excuses and praise is her trying to excuse Hayley's actions, did she mention she pled not guilty?  No she's acting like she took responsibility for her actions.  No, she pled not guilty and then got a plea deal.  Then about how everyone got what they wanted and how poor Hayley is max security and pays for rehab. She's trying to make excuses and defend left and right. 

Nancy is acting like the people who want her in jail are the ones in wrong.  Yet other people she attacks and judges.  

Is this Hayley taking responsibility?

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2024-03-08/haley-pullos-general-hospital-blames-other-driver-pasadena-wrong-way-car-crash-lawsuit-dismissal

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

And that Chris Van Etten is back as a head writer with Elizabeth Korte. Dysfunction Junction 

He was the one who came up with the poisonous hip nonsense and she writes alternative facts regarding the show’s history. 

One podcaster said there is a lot going on behind the scenes. I imagine there is. PM may go work with MVJ (my supposition/nothing to say it will happen that I know) and hopefully these people don’t take down a 61-year-old show. 

It’s been nice not to get whiplash from scenes. Really messy and unprofessional looking, to be quite honest.

• Sad 4
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

This is insane but it's being reported that Patrick Mulcahey has been fired by GH.

31 minutes ago, ComeWhatMay said:

And that Chris Van Etten is back as a head writer with Elizabeth Korte. Dysfunction Junction 

He was the one who came up with the poisonous hip nonsense and she writes alternative facts regarding the show’s history. 

One podcaster said there is a lot going on behind the scenes. I imagine there is. PM may go work with MVJ (my supposition/nothing to say it will happen that I know) and hopefully these people don’t take down a 61-year-old show. 

It’s been nice not to get whiplash from scenes. Really messy and unprofessional looking, to be quite honest.

I don't know if this site that's reporting this as just rumors, is legit or trustworthy, but no official report yet. Here is the LINK.

At this point, just rumors. And if it's not, well, time for everyone to beg for Mooby's forgiveness.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

That's true GHScorpio, but the soap bloggers seem to believe it is true and they aren't even surprised.  Apparently they already knew there was a big power struggle BTS and Patrick wasn't happy.  

Also, when Alley came out and spilled the tea that Chris was "still with us" a lot of people denied it, and one even told me she didn't mean it that way.  I asked, well what did she mean that Chris is staying at her guest cottage?  But of course, his name has been back onscreen this week  No announcement was every made.

Things seem a mess there, and they don't seem to be making official statements right now. 

• Sad 1

So Patrick had his own ideas that didn’t jive with Frank’s and he’s out? I mean, did they not discuss story ideas before he got the job? I wouldn’t be surprised if he quit rather than being fired. Probably said fuck this I don’t need the job that badly.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

So, let's see what I can expect

• Jagger will be the crooked FBI, who blackmailed Jason into working for him, so Jason will be let go
  • Anna, with all her crying, will decide, Mooby's not so bad after all
  • Everyone who has been turning against Mooby, will turn around and beg for his forgiveness
  • Jason and Mooby make up
  • And Cujo will sit happily surveying her Kingdom

I'mmajustgonnasithere and contemplate returning to the Barge

• Like 7
  • Sad 6

I don't really know anything about any of these writers, but if Patrick Mulcahey is responsible for the more character-driven episodes and the greater variety of interactions among the characters, then I will miss him. 

I gather there are people who prefer action to dialogue and character development, but I am not one of them.  I fear that, in the age of short videos all over social media, the age of intricate, interesting story-telling with fully developed, complex characters is coming to an end. 

So thankful for books.

• Like 5
  • Love 8

I was excited about PM/EK... but there have been exactly 4 episodes featuring Elizabeth and Finn since they took over as headwriters. I don't know whose direction that was at, but I'll hold out hope that with this new change, I'll actually see my couple again. I don't care how much better character scenes are when the overall show is a mess, Carly is still the bestest ever, stories are retconned, and, I never see my couple to make up for any of that.

• Like 5

I’m very disappointed to hear this. I really enjoyed the better dialogue and had a lot of hope pinned on PM but clearly he was hampered by legacy people. Korte was bad enough but having Chris remain after he was supposedly fired and then Alley Mills inadvertently telling us he never left, the writing was on the wall (no pun intended).

I know having most characters changing jobs and Anna and Laura changing their minds about Sonny was weird and I wasn’t a fan of Blaze and her bigoted mom, but with newJagger, gorgeous Brennan, Nina getting her spine back, Tracy in all her glory, etc., GH was still more enjoyable to me than Mafia Hospital with the triangle from hell (Carly/Jason/Sonny).

I know the ratings were down but I also wonder if the triangle actors were complaining.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

I'm out!

It was clear the show was deeply at war with itself from the jump, and frankly often being sabotaged. I've enjoyed the improved day to day writing and glimmers of change I can see, even if some of those changes (the town's change in attitude re: Sonny) were sometimes clumsily executed - it was long overdue. Based on some of the BTS gossip it seems obvious FV never wanted his pet writers he could control displaced, that they allegedly were unhappy with the end of FV's bite-sized scenes, didn't want to heavily cut the cast as PM allegedly wanted, etc. And now FV can have exactly the kind of show he wants back. That's fine, but I ain't watching it. Off I go!

• Like 6
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 1

I do wonder whose idea it was to bring in Mulcahey? 

Whoever it was hopefully conducted an exit interview with him. 

For now, I have cast members I will stay around for… I blame absolutely no one for getting out of dodge.

Frank got in his own way too here whether he ever has the sense to realize it. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Tenshinhan said:

So how long will it be before the shift in writing begins to appear on-screen?

Mid to late summer 

• Like 3

Yeah I think I'm calling time of death on my GH viewing. I was really hopeful PM would get us back to something approaching what this show was in the mid 90's but alas. I'll probably still check in here. I like y'all a lot more than this fakkakta show.

• Like 10
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

Yeah I think I'm calling time of death on my GH viewing. I was really hopeful PM would get us back to something approaching what this show was in the mid 90's but alas. I'll probably still check in here. I like y'all a lot more than this fakkakta show.

I'll probably stay to see Lane Davies, not bc I am a huge fan of his but because that casting Is clearly one of the few material things PM got onscreen. After that first or second appearance I'm likely done. I've kept track of the show via occasionally looking at clips and the very infrequent spot of viewing based on online talk since 2015, but this was the first time (with the exception of last year's Sprina sweeps) I've watched daily for months on end in many, many years.

I've enjoyed the things I feel can be attributed to Mulcahey - longer, much more character-based scenes, deeper nuance overall, the change in the town's relationship with Sonny however abrupt and awkward some of it was (it was always going to be after 20+ years), some really standout segments like Marshall's misdiagnosis closure and Trina at Spencer's grave, Tracy and Gregory's elegiac stuff, and yes, the scandalous and controversial Drew and Nina relationship and what seemed like a GL-style Ross Marler turn to politics (a story PM was heavily involved with in the early '90s) for Drew Q - but the show has clearly been at war with itself and the Frank Way for the last several months. I'll regret what could have been and keep tabs as I always do, but I'm never coming back full time again as long as this creative team stays in place. Starting with Frank Valentini. He's gotta go, otherwise nothing changes.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6