Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I stopped watching GH years ago because of the crappy storylines, but saw the news about IR and SB so came here. What happened to SB’s face? It is jarring how different he looks now. Did he lose a ton of weight? Maybe I will start watching again because Jason was insufferable and hogging so much of the screen time, even though Jason and Robin still have a place in my heart. I wonder what Kimberly thinks of all this because she’s very pro vaccine and two of her closest co-workers are anti-vaxxer nuts. I hope GH’s ratings get better now that he’s left like it did the last time.

• Love 9

I haven’t watched GH or visited this forum since Scrubs took their happily ever after to Cali-forn-i-a but when CNN ran a brief story of a C-list soap star getting let go for refusing to get the damn vaccine because of FREEDUMB and the usual false info crap, and I look up and it’s The Borg…I hightailed it here to catch up on the media coverage FAST. Smell ya later, SBu. Couldn’t have happened to a more smug, lazy “actor.”

Edited by MichaelaRae
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
On 11/24/2021 at 8:19 AM, absnow54 said:

I find it rich coming from Steve Burton, who used to push some unproven miracle fruit punch scam.

If he still has any cases sitting around the garage, he can launch a new career: “Monavie! 3 Glasses a day keeps the Covid away!”

Hey, it’s got to be as effective as hydroxychloroquine, right? (Or bleach?)

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

https://www.stonecoldandthejackal.com/scj-podcast/awesome-11-26-21

Bradford bluntly says he disagrees with Steve's decision but that's about it.

I was legit going to ask about his view on all of this. He's not on the show anymore, so he's not putting anyone there at risk, and obviously you can have friends who you disagree on certain things with (I'd argue that's become MUCH harder these last five or six years for a myriad of reasons, but anyway), but...yeah. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, UYI said:

I was legit going to ask about his view on all of this. He's not on the show anymore, so he's not putting anyone there at risk, and obviously you can have friends who you disagree on certain things with (I'd argue that's become MUCH harder these last five or six years for a myriad of reasons, but anyway), but...yeah. 

Bradford may not be on contract, but his character still pops up to prop Mooby and Jaysus. And whine about how Ellie left him.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Bradford may not be on contract, but his character still pops up to prop Mooby and Jaysus. And whine about how Ellie left him.

This is what I get for being on the barge for as long as I have! In that case, I hope he's vaxxed. The post above certainly seems to indicate that (and makes me lowkey wonder how much longer he and Steve's podcast will survive...).

12 hours ago, ulkis said:

@UYI there is a mandate. If they aren't vaccinated they can't be in the studio. BA is vaccinated and probably got vaccinated a while ago.

Of course, thanks. I should've known that already; The View is also on ABC and I know they've mentioned the mandate too; they're in New York, but of course it would be nationwide for the network.

How long has it been since BA has been on the show, though? I haven't watched in eons, but I remember when he left in 2013--I know he's had a few brief returns since then over the years since then, and it was mentioned above that he's appeared more recently, but has it been since the mandate started? Just curious.

Edited by UYI
9 hours ago, UYI said:

Of course, thanks. I should've known that already; The View is also on ABC and I know they've mentioned the mandate too; they're in New York, but of course it would be nationwide for the network.

How long has it been since BA has been on the show, though? I haven't watched in eons, but I remember when he left in 2013--I know he's had a few brief returns since then over the years since then, and it was mentioned above that he's appeared more recently, but has it been since the mandate started? Just curious.

Yes, he's going to be on this week.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Yes, he's going to be on this week.

Simping for Struggle Town Maxie after leaving the woman that raised his child and gave him a home! It's not 2009, Spinelli!

• LOL 3

Good for BA for saying he disagreed but I don’t think it makes much of a difference for his character and screentime. Spinelli hasn’t gotten any focus since 2013 and he’s been on less and less each year. And this might be mean to say, but I prefer it this way because that character has always come off as cartoonish and I’ve never been impressed by BA’s acting. 

• Love 6

My problem with Spinelli is the writers never let him grow up. The awkward demeanor and dumb nicknames were barely cute when he was supposed to be a teen/early 20’s, but now he’s what, near 40? and still doing the same nervous nerd act. There’s nothing more pathetic than a middle aged Peter Pan.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19

I think they let him grow up a bit in the Carlivati era but only so far. Having him be a recurring player for part of that time helped a lot. I have no patience for full relapse Spinelli and a lot of the nicknames they used to give him for people screamed middle aged writers trying too hard. I used to find him very cute when I was younger but it reached a series of diminishing returns when he would worship every mob character with these ridiculous names, and then every time I'd tune in it would always be some teary monologue scene for Spinelli in which he would insert a lot of purple prose and malapropisms into his latest self-righteous, misogynistic speech about how Maxie was a lying whore. I swear there was a period in the late 2000s/early 2010s where he'd do that scene over and over. It was gross.

Granted, I do think Maxie became an impossible and then dead character later on, and Spinelli did grow up past her and recognize they were both toxic to each other. Then came recent days.

Edited by jsbt
On 11/23/2021 at 8:54 PM, tvgoddess said:

This was interesting. I'm not surprised some thought she was out though.

Why would people think she was out?  Has she said anything publicly about being against the mandate?

Also, why are NuNik, Michael, and Brando being singled out?

On 11/23/2021 at 10:12 PM, jsbt said:

The ladies didn't say anything like MB or Brannon, no. But if it was me I wouldn't get behind that shit in any way however vague. I just find his conduct reprehensible. YMMV.

I feel like they were just showing support for Steve as a friend and coworker. They’ve worked with him for a long time and maybe like or respect him as a person, even if they may disagree with his stance on this specific issue. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I hate they're expected to make any sort of public statement. It's so performative.

I know, it does come off as obligatory and like they’re grabbing for some attention themselves. Like, if you are legit friends with this person why not just call or text them with your support/well  wishes??

I'm glad Bradford made it perfectly clear that he disagrees with Steve but again, why does he feel like he has to do that??

1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Granted, I do think Maxie became an impossible and then dead character later on, and Spinelli did grow up past her and recognize they were both toxic to each other. Then came recent days.

For all his faults (of which there are MANY) I do think Spinelli has grown up and has surpassed Maxie. If anyone is stuck in adolescence it’s her. He raised their daughter the first few years of her life largely without Maxie (yes with Ellie’s help) and continues to be Georgie’s primary caregiver and even helps out with James on occasion. Maxie seems emotionally stunted and while I’m enjoying the current BaileyLu story it’s just another example of how her life choices are disasters. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

For all his faults (of which there are MANY) I do think Spinelli has grown up and has surpassed Maxie. If anyone is stuck in adolescence it’s her. He raised their daughter the first few years of her life largely without Maxie (yes with Ellie’s help) and continues to be Georgie’s primary caregiver and even helps out with James on occasion. Maxie seems emotionally stunted and while I’m enjoying the current BaileyLu story it’s just another example of how her life choices are disasters. 

Maxie is absolutely stuck in adolescence, but it's also ridiculous that she as a character has one child let alone three. She is in no way equipped for that but all it does for me is cement the urban legend that allegedly, soaps write more and more baby stories for all the wrong people these days bc it's one of the few things the networks are guaranteed to greenlight (versus Y&R attempting to tell a story about, say, rich Black billionaire Devon being shot at a traffic stop a couple years ago, which Sony/CBS vetoed). If it was me I'd find a way to ignore all those children, but I'd also write Maxie out for at least a few years. She is wrecked on many levels.

That being said, Spin has (last I checked, anyway) left Ellie for his exciting old life sucking off Jason and the mob. That is a major regression for his character and I think it's a huge mistake. He had evolved, he isn't now.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Also, why are NuNik, Michael, and Brando being singled out?

I'll let someone else speak on NuNik/Coloma, but I think the Brando dude made some sketchy public statements and I believe Chad Duell is a fundie/hard right.

That being said, if Hennesy is on recurring (and if it's true) they don't have to 'fire' her, they just stop using/calling her at will. I fear that's what happened to Réal Andrews/Taggert, but I hope he's just being safe. I know there are rumors about Donnell Turner/Curtis, but I have no knowledge of that.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

I'm glad Bradford made it perfectly clear that he disagrees with Steve but again, why does he feel like he has to do that??

This doesn't annoy me. It's good to know who is willing to put the rest of the world at risk because they're too stubborn to get a jab.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

I think Hennessy saying her character is still on the show makes it clear she’s in compliance with the mandate. People think NuNik only recently got vaccinated (based on GH having another actor stand in for him for a day shortly after the mandate was rumored but before it was made publicly official). He also “liked” a post of Ingo’s about the mandate being terrible. People make a lot of judgments these days based on social media likes and comments, right or wrong. 

1 hour ago, jsbt said:

That being said, Spin has (last I checked, anyway) left Ellie for his exciting old life sucking off Jason and the mob. That is a major regression for his character and I think it's a huge mistake. He had evolved, he isn't now.

1 hour ago, tessaray said:

In Maxie's defense, her own parents weren't exactly great role models. Mac is the only reason she's not a complete basket case. 

100% agree with both of these statements.

Learning about what all these actors do or don’t do in their personal lives is one of the reasons I don’t use social media anymore. I started to learn way more about certain people in my life than was necessary and I started disliking some immensely.  That’s starting to happen with some of these actors as well.  As much as I like the Jax character, I definitely lose some respect for the actor knowing about his personal views.  I really hope the rumors aren’t true about the Curtis and Taggert actors.  I mean obviously they are allowed to have their views and speak on them, but, you know, the public is also allowed to have feelings on those views.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, racked said:

I think Hennessy saying her character is still on the show makes it clear she’s in compliance with the mandate. People think NuNik only recently got vaccinated (based on GH having another actor stand in for him for a day shortly after the mandate was rumored but before it was made publicly official). He also “liked” a post of Ingo’s about the mandate being terrible. People make a lot of judgments these days based on social media likes and comments, right or wrong. 

He and Ava also didn't have an onscreen kiss until after his mysterious 1-day hiatus. 

Edited by absnow54
fixing an important typo, lol.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

A great swath of daytime performers have always been conservatives, including some of my most beloved. I tend to separate their work from that; I don't take issue with that as long as they aren't out there publicly advocating hate speech or endangering lives, or scamming people with off-brand fruit juice. I knew Ingo was conservative for years but I didn't have a problem with that until he went full MAGA in public forums, and then antivaxx.

Edited by jsbt
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
55 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

He and Ava also didn't have an onscreen kiss until after his mysterious 1-day hiatus. 

Very true, though it must have been individual actors comfort since KT had kissing scenes with both SB and Ingo. And LW also had a kissing scene with SB just before the mandate went into effect. I am still so curious where they would have gone with the MOC story had this not happened. 

Edited by racked
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I don't think he felt he had to but they were discussing why SB was off the show in their podcast.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, jsbt said:

I fear that's what happened to Réal Andrews/Taggert, but I hope he's just being safe.

Didn't he have chemo therapy a while back? If you're willing to put that toxic stuff in your veins (it was destroying mine till I got a port), it doesn't make sense to boycott the vaccine.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Real Andrews may be staying away precisely because he’s immune compromised and doesn’t want to risk getting covid. I certainly wouldn’t blame him,

And it’s not like they’re suddenly going to write some gripping Taggart storyline. I mean, what is he missing, really?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Real Andrews may be staying away precisely because he’s immune compromised and doesn’t want to risk getting covid. I certainly wouldn’t blame him,

The stuff I’ve seen him post on SM makes me doubt it. I think they just brought him back for a few episodes as a favor to MB. They’re friends and MB’s wife is his agent. Doubt they ever had a plan for him. Taggart’s gotten such weird treatment. Even in the 90s when he was on contract, they hardly gave him focus.

My local newspaper had a blurb about SB's firing in the entertainment section.  He claimed it was for religious reasons.  Just curious, what is his religion?

Edited by ciarra