Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Kelly Monaco looks like she got a face lift or some other procedure, judging from the way she looks in the preview for today's episode.  I've seen people speculating that the mask elastic may have irritated her stitches because it was too soon after whatever she got done.  I can believe it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ThatGreyCat said:

Kelly Monaco looks like she got a face lift or some other procedure, judging from the way she looks in the preview for today's episode.  I've seen people speculating that the mask elastic may have irritated her stitches because it was too soon after whatever she got done.  I can believe it.  

I think the other story wouldn’t have made it to Hirsch if it wasn’t true. I heard it two different places beforehand. I’m sure her obvious new face work was part of the issue but still, her behavior was deeply irresponsible to me.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

I think the other story wouldn’t have made it to Hirsch if it wasn’t true. I heard it two different places beforehand. I’m sure her obvious new face work was part of the issue but still, her behavior was deeply irresponsible to me.

Deeply irresponsible if the show was respecting any sort of social distancing, which it isn't.

How is someone catching the virus from one of their co-stars while waiting to film a scene any different than the actors catching it from one another while standing two inches apart while filming their scenes? LW kissed Mo on the cheek in yesterday's episode. Kelly hugged SBu in their scenes. Apparently social distancing is limited to no mouth kissing like we've seen with Ava and Nikolas, otherwise it's business as usual on the GH set.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3

I'm surprised someone hasn't shut that crap down. Isn't there supposed to be a safety officer or something like that on set at all times? And if not and if I were an actor, I'd contact the union to have it bring down the hammer here. Too many people are being put at risk with this ridiculous behavior.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

How is someone catching the virus from one of their co-stars while waiting to film a scene any different than the actors catching it from one another while standing two inches apart while filming their scenes? LW kissed Mo on the cheek in yesterday's episode. Kelly hugged SBu in their scenes. Apparently social distancing is limited to no mouth kissing like we've seen with Ava and Nikolas, otherwise it's business as usual on the GH set.

And temporary recast Sam kissed Steve Burton's forehead.

5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm surprised someone hasn't shut that crap down. Isn't there supposed to be a safety officer or something like that on set at all times? And if not and if I were an actor, I'd contact the union to have it bring down the hammer here. Too many people are being put at risk with this ridiculous behavior.

Seriously. There's nothing going on where the characters can't remain six feet apart and still "tell" the stories.

• Love 3
On 8/18/2020 at 10:35 AM, jsbt said:

Yes, the integral storylines of General Hospital should not be in any way scrapped or rewritten in favor of something more topical and relevant to the 2020s.

I know viewers are really divided about this. But if they did switch to a covid "universe," it would have to be ALL covid, all the time. The Metro Court, gastropub, Kelly's, etc, would be closed. There'd be no more corporate intrigue because everyone would be working from home. No one would have anyone over for gatherings. Every conversation would be muffled because of masks. And anytime anything normal was happening, you'd be distracted wondering if the characters were confirmed bubble buddies.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Then do a fictional pandemic and change up the requirements for safety from that fictional disease. But for god's sake, don't keep risking it all on camera. Or better yet, wait til the actual conditions IRL are safer, which they definitely aren't here in California rn, and run actual classic episodes longer and then come back with better storylines and more ability to facilitate them onscreen.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, jsbt said:

run actual classic episodes longer

Running classic episodes is a reminder of how good the show was at one point, so that's a hard pass for FV. 

then come back with better storylines

The writers think their storylines are good. You and the rest of us are just a bunch of whiners who don't know anything.

This would have been a great moment to do a reset, but they decided to forge ahead with what they had already written.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I love KT but I don’t know what to think after her last return. Especially given that she’s an OB and all 3 characters she’s related to that are currently on the show (Peter, Nina, Nelle) are ones that I don’t care to see. If they aren’t bringing Brad or Dr. O back, her return is a wash to me. 

Then I guess the will just have to bring back Dr. O! 😁

• Love 6
20 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I love KT but I don’t know what to think after her last return. Especially given that she’s an OB and all 3 characters she’s related to that are currently on the show (Peter, Nina, Nelle) are ones that I don’t care to see. If they aren’t bringing Brad or Dr. O back, her return is a wash to me. 

Definitely. We’re getting close to the barge now so bringing them in would give us something to not fast forward through.

A Britt/Julian ONS baby? Not so much. 

• Love 1

Quick, when did Brit bang Julian?  Odds on a surprise?  I mean, Brit was super devastated that she had to give up Ben, so I could see her getting pregnant on purpose  the first chance she got not being on the run with creeper dad or in jail.  I mean, I doubt it, but that would be funny as hell.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Quick, when did Brit bang Julian?  Odds on a surprise?  I mean, Brit was super devastated that she had to give up Ben, so I could see her getting pregnant on purpose  the first chance she got not being on the run with creeper dad or in jail.  I mean, I doubt it, but that would be funny as hell.

Mid March I think though I think it’s still supposed to be May in PC 

2 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Mid March I think though I think it’s still supposed to be May in PC 

True but the show will need to adjust time frame because eventually it is going to be the holidays and the show still does Thanksgiving and Christmas.

8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

No baby on this show is funny. STOP THE MADNESS.

Beauty is, KT isn't going to stick around, she only ever pops in for a bit here and there.  So, Julian can get the heart attack moment and then be dad to offscreen kid, because Birt isn't an asshole like Olivia.  

Again, I just thought the reveal would be funny.  Not actual having another baby on the show.

1 hour ago, ouinason said:

Julian is going to quickly catch up to Sonny if Britt is pregnant. 3 kids by three different mamas, plus another by another different mama. That would be 4 to Sonny's 7 (Michael included).

On 8/19/2020 at 9:37 AM, ThatGreyCat said:

I don't think she had a face lift.  She had injectables.  You know who else had them IMO?  Finola.  Finola looks fantastic though, and she needed them. Kemo went too heavy on them.   If this isht about Kemo and the mask is true, that's really a bridge too far for me.   She used to be one of favs, but hasn't been for quite a while.  I still give her the benefit of the doubt though.  But not on that.  It's really past time for her to go.  Her temp replacement was awful IMO tho, I couldn't look at her. I won't get into that mess.  Surely the can find someone though.  Alan Sarpa always has good recast ideas on twitter.  He had someone for Kemo but i forget who.  I had been hoping Billy Miller would return, because this Jasam thing is ridiculous and Miller's hot, like to real life women, not to these moron producers who think Burton and Benard are heating up panties all over the place.  Talk about causing mass cases of DAP's!  Anyway, the Miller ship sailed, it's too late.  Just recast Kemo or better yet have both Jason and Sam die in a car crash.  

Edited by CeChase
  • LOL 1
On 8/23/2020 at 8:40 PM, nilyank said:

tumblr_n5hg6e4tPz1sopfhpo1_400.gif&key=3

It was weird how abruptly they pivoted her off-screen last time so I wonder if KT is available now versus then and they're looping back to something?  As I didn't really like the pairing with Julian, I actually hope she's back for something else.  I'd really like her to get mixed in with nuNik and Ava, for example.  Or have her blow LWB/FS out of the water, that'd be fun.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

I wasn’t really into Britt/Julian either. It was random and just seemed to be a pp so she could spill to him that Alexis hooked up with the shrink. I was disappointed with her return considering what was going on with Brad and Dr. O at the time and how she pretty much just shrugged it off.

I’m hoping that they had an actual plan for her but some SL changes happened that screwed with it. I saw KG mention a few months back that she wasn’t aware that her last scenes were an exit story when she filmed them.  

Edited by ffwbe
4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I was disappointed with her return considering what was going on with Brad and Dr. O at the time and how she pretty much shrugged off what was going on.

Totally, given the juncture both the Brad and Dr. O storylines were at, I was sure she was there to expose Julian or LWB/FS or both.  But it was 85% hooking up with Julian.  And as I already said, I really wanted them to dig in more with Britt and Nikolas.  I was glad they had the scene they got together, but her mixed in with him and Ava could have been so soapy.

• Love 1

Who can forget Britt and Nikolas' nuanced relationship. They both had dark hair and tanned complexions, they both regularly looked bored or asleep

Edited by jsbt
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

That’s a little surprising. I thought they would just have Nelle missing a week and then come back. I’m sure she’ll come back eventually but I’ll take the reprieve. I’m ok with the character in smaller doses but it’s mainly just because she’s a Corinthos foil. She was never someone I wanted to see 4 days a week and the show used her a lot back when she was on contract and all of this year. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I’m not either but I heard it’s only for one or 2 episodes and it’s pretty much just with Robert away from PC. Ethan was always a throwaway character for me. 

Here’s hoping! We’re already fast forwarding through a lot already....

• Love 1

I can't stop laughing at the fact that he is apparently under the delusion that he's in demand. And definitely knew that he'd be crawling back eventually, but certainly now with the pandemic. Tough times. If he does go back to GH, might be awkward with his ex there. 

I don't necessarily want him back, but it would be nice to get Ava out from under that whole "YOU KILLED MORGAN!!!!!!" bs from Carly and everyone else.

• Love 8