Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Yeah, have to admit my first reaction was "so glad Brook hasn't been in any pairings" because you know they would have written it in.

Seriously, I wouldn't put it past this show to have retconned some bullshit encounter with

Spoiler

Dante

for the sake of contrived drama. So I'm relieved.

I too am glad Brook's not pregnant.

I wonder if this did throw off some story for the character, if that's why they didn't lock her into a pairing.  Because maybe the plan was for her to film as long as she could and then exit the character, but now with filming all thrown off, they have to bring in a temp for scripts already written.  Does that make sense?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I guess that explains some of the terrible clothes poor AS had to wear.

I’m hoping that was the reason when I read about her but I have a feeling it wasn’t since they dressed her like that the entire time she’s been on the show. Guess we’ll see when she returns. 

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I’m hoping that was the reason when I read about her but I have a feeling it wasn’t since they dressed her like that the entire time she’s been on the show. Guess we’ll see when she returns. 

That was my thought too but then I realized she’s been on longer then 9 months. They’ve always dressed her dark in clothing with big jackets and black skirts. It’s really odd because all the other woman wear summer clothing even in the winter on soaps. Somehow AS always looked bigger with the way they dressed her. The dark clothing always dragged her down. Now, we find out she’s pregnant which she (they) really hid well because I’ve been watching soaps since the 70’s and I can always tell and was kind of shocked that they pulled one over on me. LOL!!! Congratulations to AS. She’s a good actress and I hope when she returns she’s got something worthy to play. Now, it’s time for the casting game. Who’s it gonna be? They might have their pick since most of Hollywood is shutdown.

• Love 1

I don't watch B&B, but saw that CD's real life girlfriend is leaving that show. Is she any good? Could she be a recast Sasha that maybe would actually have chemistry with CD (and act better than SM)? Better yet, they could send Sasha away and make her a recast Serena.

Edited by Laur
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Laur said:

Could she be a recast Sasha that maybe would actually have chemistry with CD

Duell was paired with RL girlfriend Kristen Alderson, and there was zero chem between Michael and OG Lauren. I don't think anyone will spark with him. Duell's discomfort with love scenes and the like are obvious.

• Love 12
59 minutes ago, Laur said:

I don't watch B&B, but saw that CD's real life girlfriend is leaving that show. Is she any good? Could she be a recast Sasha that maybe would actually have chemistry with CD (and act better than SM)? Better yet, they could send Sasha away and make her a recast Serena.

I find her to be pretty good, she was one of my favorites on B&B. I’d take her over any or all of YA women we currently have but I still don’t think her and Michael would have chemistry. She has in her pairings but I don’t think CD is capable of it since he’s failed so many times and so many RL pairings don’t have chem onscreen. 

• Love 4

Duell was paired with RL girlfriend Kristen Alderson, and there was zero chem between Michael and OG Lauren. I don't think anyone will spark with him. Duell's discomfort with love scenes and the like are obvious.

That's true! I really didn't like KA in general, LOL. Well, I guess either way I'd still rather have Courtney Hope join the show if she's a good actress in that age bracket. SM is so rough as Sasha and KM's Willow is okay, but kind of lackluster too.

• Love 2
On 7/31/2020 at 11:29 PM, jsbt said:

Jim dePaiva showing up as a pervy doctor annoyed me too. 

I can give James DePaiva (sorry, I hate to be THAT person, but the "D" in his name is uppercase, not lowercase) a bit of a break here--he was the only OLTL alum in this group to NOT be on the show by the time it left ABC, having been fired in 2003 (STILL BITTER!), with only a brief three day return after that in 2007 (again, a rant for the OLTL forum instead), so while I understand where you're coming from, his situation was a little different. Although I agree that making him a pervy doctor sucked.

But as even those of you who didn't watch OLTL know by now, I'm the resident JDP stan here. I'm hopeless as it is. At least I've FINALLY stopped talking about Fiona so much in that show's forum since the online reunion in May that featured her. It's a start, at least. ;) 

Edited by UYI
20 hours ago, Laur said:

I don't like her lips. She has duckface. I'm sorry, I know that makes me bitchy and shallow.

I've given up hope that Chad Duell can generate onscreen romantic/sexual* chemistry with anyone at all. Which is kind of a problem when he is the leading man in the late-20s/early-30s range on a soap opera. So the show keeps throwing different women at him in the hopes that one will finally spark him up enough to keep the audience awake. I don't think it's going to work, not even if they find the next Vanessa Marcil. Actual Vanessa Marcil could only make him interesting for, like, a day!

*He reminds me a little of Tyler Christopher that way. TC, when he was willing and able to make the effort, shined in scenes with his onscreen family members, but romance was also kind of his kryptonite.

4 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I don't think it's going to work, not even if they find the next Vanessa Marcil. Actual Vanessa Marcil could only make him interesting for, like, a day!

Which is interesting, given that there was some drama in 2013 over whether or not Brenda and Michael slept together. Being paired with her might have actually brought that side out of him!

(Unless you're actually referring to those scenes, in which case, I'm a repetitive dolt and forget everything I just said.)

Edited by UYI

That was what I was talking about, yes. Even then, the really fun parts were Carly and AJ's reactions. Carly's head exploding and Brenda taunting her! AJ's spit-take and his glee at Carly's pain! And then his genuine concern for Michael's drinking! Poor Michael, always the least interesting part of anything involving him.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Aww I never would have guessed.  I liked her, she was my favorite Maxie.

I didn’t like her at all. Her voice, her mannerisms. I’m sorry she felt so much pressure but she really was a lost Maxie IMO.  

• Love 1

I liked her—I think she anchored Maxie a bit more than KSt did. I’m sure being a recast, and knowing it’s temporary, can be stressful, but no one anywhere is irreplaceable. I hope she was able to talk to someone and learn some coping techniques, because those feelings can be crippling.

• Love 3

I can believe it. For all the issues people had during the Frons/JFP/Guza/Pratt era, it's clear that a lot of the people hired during that time period were really tight with each other, especially among the younger adult actors, so I can see how one of them (in this case KSt) going off for a bit and getting replaced by someone else could result in a shift of how people are treated--which can be very clique-ish and catty, unfortunately, but it happens.

(And yes, I realize that JL was brought on during the period after Guza was fired and Garin Wolf was there, and then she stayed during much of the first year of Frank and Ron, but I can see how someone being brought in to replace someone else/people coming in after a long period of seemingly stable leadership--the people in charge everyone is used to--can lead to those from the earlier era feeling "invaded" and not so accommodating to the newcomers. Again, it's rude and immature, but still realistic.)

On 8/6/2020 at 10:49 PM, Kiki777 said:

Aww I never would have guessed.  I liked her, she was my favorite Maxie.

I would like a cardboard box better than Kirsten Storms’ interpretation of Maxie, so I’m biased.

But I was sad to have to see Jen Lilley go.

• LOL 2
13 minutes ago, gator12 said:

If I remember twitter at that time. Kirsten stans hated her and Kirsten and her friend/former friend co-star from days were snarky about her too on twitter. 

Funny, as much as Kirsten Storms grew on me, Jen Lilley was probably one of the best recasts, amazing considering how quickly the role had to be recasted. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Hater said:

All the recasts for this show are treated pretty awful by the cast and the fans imo.

Recently? Because John Ingle wasn't; nor was Tamara or the more recent, Laura Wright. All recasts. Then there's Eeyore/Chad Duell. I don't pay attention to this kind of stuff, but what about the actress who played the Lauren recast? Emme? The actress who now plays Jordan?

@GHScorpiosRule nuJordan, chad and Emme have been roundly trashed by many here and across the internet. John Ingle? LONG before the internet even existed. I have no insight into what the actors think unless they post to Twitter and the like, but the fans have not been kind.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

@GHScorpiosRule nuJordan, chad and Emme have been roundly trashed by many here and across the internet. John Ingle? LONG before the internet even existed. I have no insight into what the actors think unless they post to Twitter and the like, but the fans have not been kind.

I’m confused then. I thought the original post meant the recasts weren’t treated nicely by their cast mates. 

Like I said above, I don’t pay attention to this kind of stuff really. And well, with the internet and social media, it’s not surprising that a faction of “fans” would behave this way.

I don't think Chad got really roasted by fans until recent years on social media when the character has just become a limp joke. Emme I think gets off pretty light too.

The Maxie/Jen Lilley stuff was personal, because it was about a cult of personality around the actress, her fanbase and it was exacerbated by Kirsten and Farah Fath themselves. It was unacceptable and I still hear people excuse it because Lilley is maybe a fundie or some shit. It wasn't Lilley's fault Kirsten had to take one of many extended breaks for illnesses which we shan't dwell on.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m confused then. I thought the original post meant the recasts weren’t treated nicely by their cast mates. 

Like I said above, I don’t pay attention to this kind of stuff really. And well, with the internet and social media, it’s not surprising that a faction of “fans” would behave this way.

Chad and Laura were not accepted by Maurice when they were first hired. He openly admits this in his book. Greg Vaughn? Geary didn’t like him. Jacob Young recently stated how Genie gave him a hard time. 

Anyways did anyone read Lynda Hirsch's latest gossip?

The cast and crew of "General Hospital" were thrilled to restart production. Although some were not thrilled with one of their cast mates, who refused to wear a mask. The set has two COVID monitors making sure everyone is following the rules. Rule No. 1: No fever. Rule No. 2: Wear a mask. This performer did not want to wear a mask. When she was hounded by folks on the set, she claimed she did not know how to put it on.

Here is a tip: Check YouTube. Or, better yet, I'll tell you how to do it. 1) Take a mask. 2) Put it over your head. 3) Place the loops behind your ears. 4) If it's down to your chin, then pull it up to cover your mouth and nose. Trust me, I figured it out in, oh, 30 seconds, and I ain't no Einstein.

Everyone else on the set figured it out, too. But folks were displeased as no one wants to get the coronavirus or pass it on to others. Luckily, the saga ends here, as she is in quarantine.

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 3
31 minutes ago, Hater said:

Chad and Laura were not accepted by Maurice when they were first hired. He openly admits this in his book. Greg Vaughn? Geary didn’t like him. Jacob Young recently stated how Genie gave him a hard time. 

Since I think Maurice is one of the WORST actors ever and on this show, I can only 😒😒😒at him. Feel bad for Chad, but also think he’s a weak actor. I still fail to understand how Maurice is considered this great thespian, with his stutterbarking and mumbling.

That’s interesting about Genie, considering that BOTH she and Geary got a say and had to approve who would replace Jonathan. I remember reading that both approved of Jacob.

I did know that Geary wasn’t a fan of Greg, though.

It’s a tough business.

Off Topic: I always meant to say I ❤️🥰❤️ your avatar, @Hater! #TEAMBrenda&Dylan4EVAH!!!

5 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Actually, John Ingle started in 1993, only about two or three years before the Internet (or "the World Wide Web", as it was just as frequently called back then) really took the world by storm (1995-1996), and became more accessible to the average person than before. Social media wasn't around back then, and the message boards weren't necessarily something like what we have here, but there were at least some ways for soap fans to communicate with each other (and even the pre-WWW era had message boards like Prodigy).

And, of course, the original Edward, David Lewis, had left because he was ready to retire from acting altogether (he died in 2001), which probably made accepting JI that much easier, knowing that DL wasn't coming back. 

3 hours ago, jsbt said:

The Maxie/Jen Lilley stuff was personal, because it was about a cult of personality around the actress, her fanbase and it was exacerbated by Kirsten and Farah Fath themselves. It was unacceptable and I still hear people excuse it because Lilley is maybe a fundie or some shit. It wasn't Lilley's fault Kirsten had to take one of many extended breaks for illnesses which we shan't dwell on.

I distinctly remember when JL joined DAYS in 2013, she made an innocent (and I do believe it was innocent) joke to her fans on Twitter how Theresa could kick Maxie's ass any day, something like that about her old/new characters being pitted head to head, and then Kirsten starts subtweeting her--I remember her posting a quote related to having too much pride or something along those lines! The fuck?

I still like Kirsten overall, but that was so...unnecessary. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 3

we all knew the public reason for KM being off set was bs anyway.

KS and FF have always brought out the absolute worst in each other, whether they are paling around or being hateful to each other.  I am not surprised by anything either of them does anymore, especially with the other around and feeding into it. 

• Love 4

If not wearing a mask in a fucking global pandemic and your necessitated temporary replacement having more energy in two minutes onscreen than you've had in over a decade doesn't get you fired, I don't know what does. But then I said they should've fired Burton for his fucking juice pyramid schemes and I still think he should be gone, so fuck me I guess.

Another reason I got zero patience:

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 11
On 8/15/2020 at 10:08 AM, Hater said:

The cast and crew of "General Hospital" were thrilled to restart production. Although some were not thrilled with one of their cast mates, who refused to wear a mask. The set has two COVID monitors making sure everyone is following the rules. Rule No. 1: No fever. Rule No. 2: Wear a mask. This performer did not want to wear a mask. When she was hounded by folks on the set, she claimed she did not know how to put it on.

Here is a tip: Check YouTube. Or, better yet, I'll tell you how to do it. 1) Take a mask. 2) Put it over your head. 3) Place the loops behind your ears. 4) If it's down to your chin, then pull it up to cover your mouth and nose. Trust me, I figured it out in, oh, 30 seconds, and I ain't no Einstein.

Everyone else on the set figured it out, too. But folks were displeased as no one wants to get the coronavirus or pass it on to others. Luckily, the saga ends here, as she is in quarantine.

KeMo really sucks, doesn't she?  

• Love 4

How can she not know how to wear a mask? So selfish and irresponsible.

She knows how to wear a mask. That's her dumb-ass excuse because she's selfish and irresponsible.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

How can she not know how to wear a mask? 

Hard to believe that she'd prefer to say she didn't know how to wear a mask rather than say she was claustrophobic. I'm not going to stay up nights trying to figure it out, but I'd say the whole story has not yet been released. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, rur said:

Hard to believe that she'd prefer to say she didn't know how to wear a mask rather than say she was claustrophobic. I'm not going to stay up nights trying to figure it out, but I'd say the whole story has not yet been released. 

How much of a story can there be to 'I can't figure out how to put my mask on like millions of people or it just makes me too uncomfy so sorryyyy Nancy Lee Grahn roll the dice of fate'? I guess we'll wait for the Senate hearings to be sure.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

GIven how inept every medical condition has been handled on the show, I'm relieved Frank is bowing out of writing this one in.

Just now, peachmangosteen said:

So the Nurse's Ball is this week? I might have to tune in for that lol. Do you guys know what day it starts?

Today.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

So the Nurse's Ball is this week?

Yes, complete with lame t-shirts instead of evening attire. I just want to see how they handle the ‘entertainment.’ Because unless they’re using green screen, this show hasn’t even tried to maintain social distancing. Y&r may take it to extremes, but at least they’re paying attention. 

• Love 1