Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, ulkis said:

Meanwhile LW posted in her Instagram stories that she and KellyM taped and they kicked ass!!!

Does this mean that Sam is going to stumble into the current Carly/Nina/Nelle storyline or Carly will get involved with trying to get the goods on Peter story?

24 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Does this mean that Sam is going to stumble into the current Carly/Nina/Nelle storyline or Carly will get involved with trying to get the goods on Peter story?

Other characters don't get involved in Carly's stories. Carly gets involved in other characters stories.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

Lulu's days were probably numbered when they decided to bring in Jackie Templeton in the form of Kim Delaney, filling in the investigative reporter role that they slotted Lulu in, despite Lulu not showing much of an interest in writing even though she worked for a start-up fashion magazine for a number of years. While I am sure KD took a massive pay cut from what she was used to and even though she is a past the peak of her career, she still an Emmy Winner from a marque primetime show. In other words, in terms of General Hospital, she didn't come cheap. 

And yet Wes Ramsey still has a job....

And yet Kelly Monaco is still sleeping through every scene.....

And yet Kirsten Storms is still there despite all her previous issues....

And yet Roger Howarth is still travelling from NY to LA to contibute nothing to the show...

ER was not the greatest actress but she seemed likable enough to me.  Good luck to her, but I would have gotten rid of all the above before her especially at this time when Dante just returned. FV made his choice.   But it's obvious why some survive and others don't at this place.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, Hater said:

And yet Kirsten Storms is still there despite all her previous issues....

She shouldn't be punished for having health/personal problems. Not making at effort at your job, à la KeMo, is a bigger problem, IMO.

• Love 18

IMO, Chad should have gone before Emme, Kirsten, Kelly, or Roger (and I love Roger so wouldn't want him to leave at all). Chad contributes absolutely NOTHING to this show, IMO.  He drives no storylines and is just not an interesting character. 

In all honesty, I don't want anyone fired, but a lot could have been put on recurring. JMO! 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, nilyank said:

What storyline does Sam have other than following Jason around town? She hasn't been in the Peter story. Another prime reason to send her out the door.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5

Jackie may fit the role of Investigative Reporter but Lulu is a legacy character and she's got ties to her family (Laura, Nik, Lucky's kids, Charlotte) and friends (Maxie, Dustin etc.) She's more important to the framework of the show than Jackie, who is only tied to Robert, Finn and Chase. It doesn't make sense to me to get rid of her.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Jackie may fit the role of Investigative Reporter but Lulu is a legacy character and she's got ties to her family (Laura, Nik, Lucky's kids, Charlotte) and friends (Maxie, Dustin etc.) She's more important to the framework of the show than Jackie, who is only tied to Robert, Finn and Chase. It doesn't make sense to me to get rid of her.

The writers are not interested in writing for her, haven't been for years.  They probably want to put Dante elsewhere.  The problem is there are so many characters like Lulu who have been doing nothing for years.  But she's not one of Frank's friends, she's not an ABC favorite, she's not relying on fumes from some past pairing so she needed to go.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Hater said:

The writers are not interested in writing for her, haven't been for years.  They probably want to put Dante elsewhere.

I can understand that they aren't interested in writing for her, or that they want to put Dante with someone else. (Who?  Brook Lynn?  Sasha who would tower over him?)

I just think that Lulu is one of the pillars of the Spencer family, like Laura was even though she spent all those years as a wig on a stick, and she serves a function on the show even if they don't write for her. Put her on recurring but keep her alive.

• Love 3

maybe she does just leave town.  I mean, how many terrible things have to happen in a place before "but it's my home" just isn't enough?

Or, maybe she gets tapped by some major outlet for a big story, and like she did for Dante, he takes on being a single parent for a while so she can do important things.  

And as for who Dante could hook up with...... well...... there's Maxie.  That would cause huge drama.  Not that I think it would be a good idea.

1 hour ago, ouinason said:

And as for who Dante could hook up with...... well...... there's Maxie.  That would cause huge drama.  Not that I think it would be a good idea.

They've always seemed too much like brother and sister to me. It would be too weird, IMO. 

• Love 3

Who would care about Maxie/Dante besides Lulu though? Writing her off most of the drama is not there. They should have done them two years ago after Nathan. But yeah I think they are the most likely scenario while poor Peter broods in the corner.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

It makes me sad seeing Kelly like that. I haven't watched in a long time, so seeing those lips...sigh. She was GORGEOUS for the longest time. She didn't need that.

I used to just adore her. Between this, the lack of effort in her acting these days (this is just second hand for me, FYI), the stuff about why she didn't come back right away due to not wearing a mask when the show returned...oh well. 

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"Exhausted, as you can see." This is different from your everyday condition how?

Does she ever look happy? It's forever misery on and off screen.  She has that same expression on screen.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, lala2 said:

Chad contributes absolutely NOTHING to this show

He’s good buddies with Mo, and Mo would never allow him to be fired. Of course I’d dance a jig if MO were fired, but we know that won’t happen.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, LexieLily said:

If Lulu isn't recast she will be killed. This show is littered with decent parents that the show makes abandon their kids and Valentin is too much of an asshole to allow Lulu to take Charlotte with her if she tried to leave for a better job offer.

Eh. Fuck precious little shouldn't-exist-in-the-first-place Charlotte.

2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I really don't want Lulu killed, or even fake-killed. Must Laura have to experience real grief for a staged death for every single member of her family?

This is where I've landed.

• Love 6

If Julian dies, that will be another death for Alexis. Neil, Cameron Sr., and now Julian. She's goint to start thinking of herself as a black widow.

Valentin was willing to give Lulu sole custody because he thought it would be better for Charlotte. I'd be more afraid of Nina not letting Charlotte leave town, she was just talking again this week about co-parenting her.

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If Julian dies, that will be another death for Alexis. Neil, Cameron Sr., and now Julian. She's goint to start thinking of herself as a black widow.

Valentin was willing to give Lulu sole custody because he thought it would be better for Charlotte. I'd be more afraid of Nina not letting Charlotte leave town, she was just talking again this week about co-parenting her.

He would have never gone through with it, IMO. That was just another manipulation in his long lines of manipulations against Lulu except that time he didn't even have to go through Lulu, he got Laura to fall for his act.

• Love 1

Haven't watched with any regularity since...2013 (yes, really...no idea who half the character names here are now. LOL!), but I'm still shocked that Emme Rylan (Lulu) is out. Less shocked about William DeVry (Julian).

A part of me does wonder if Lulu will die (or "die"), leave with Dante (assuming Dominic Zamprogna is not long term?), or...maybe ask Julie Berman back (if DZ is long term?).

• Love 2

Send Lulu off on some endless research trip—à la Monica and her medical conferences—and have her contact Jackie off-camera. It's not as if her kids will suffer. Rocco spends all his time at the Q daycare, and Charlotte has Valentin. I hate that when actors are let go, it's usually the young women who die in gross circumstances. And I'm beyond tired of characters coming back from the dead. 

• Love 6

@WendyCR72 It's shocking and it isn't. If they had let her go any time the past two years it wouldn't have been shocking, they were doing nothing with her and DZ and GF weren't on the show. Now? Unless they recast, which they probably haven't, it's a weird choice, especially considering she probably was not all that expensive and they probably could have lowballed her some more to boot.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

They always seem to let people go at really weird times in the story lines.

Anytime I see someone get utilized more that is normally on the sidelines, I’m usually wary. That always seems to be a hint that someone is about to be out the door. 

• Useful 1

I'm fine with an episode like this. If the actors can do something that will make them proud, then why not? I know I find these stories of people fighting for equality pretty moving. We'll see if GH delivers. The costumes look good, better than the usual wardrobe. 

• Love 3

This is a very surface observation, but a character with Carly's face being the leader of this women-empowering movement?  Because if there's something the real Carly loves it's...empowering other women?  Having supportive relationships with them?

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

This is a very surface observation, but a character with Carly's face being the leader of this women-empowering movement?  Because if there's something the real Carly loves it's...empowering other women?  Having supportive relationships with them?

That's what I was about to say. Technically I am fine with an episode like this, although the cheese in that promo is a bit strong, but even if LW acts her role in the episode well, giving the character the face and voice of Carly makes it come across like bullshit.

Also, so was she Lena's mom? Way to inspire.

• Love 4

I mostly enjoy the one-off episodes, but this one really smacks of pandering. As @TeeVee329 mentions, Carly isn't exactly a beacon of a women empowering other women. Of course as the female lead LW takes the lead here, but the disconnect is a bit much, even if she's playing Beatrice Eckert, the Suffragist.

Also, which male character do we think gets stuck saying he's okay with women voting as long as they vote the way their husbands do? Julian? 

17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yes, yes she is. She empowers women left and right when she's not busy tearing them down.

8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hand-in-hand with the show AGAIN wanting to give Eden McCoy a showcase.

Which would be much more logical if Joss were old enough to vote. I'd really enjoy it if whoever she plays were someone who doesn't see why women need the vote. "Politics are grubby, for men only." It's not as if there weren't women who thought that way. But Joss always has to be perfect. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hand-in-hand with the show AGAIN wanting to give Eden McCoy a showcase.

Someone said something to that affect on twitter (Snarly and snarly jr) and LW yelled at them for name calling, even though that person didn't tag her and it was the official GH Twitter. I'm wondering if she's feeling defensive, because I saw some people tweeting at her that her boyfriend should be canned instead of ER and WDV.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ulkis said:

@WendyCR72 It's shocking and it isn't. If they had let her go any time the past two years it wouldn't have been shocking, they were doing nothing with her and DZ and GF weren't on the show. Now? Unless they recast, which they probably haven't, it's a weird choice, especially considering she probably was not all that expensive and they probably could have lowballed her some more to boot.

Dante returns after 2 yrs. and Lulu is out the door.    I hate to even think it, but is there some underlying message there?   Was there ever any talk of Dom and Emme not getting along?  The firing is just so random.   Especially since there is definitely story for Dante and Lulu left to be told.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2