Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E19: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

Phaedra reflects on what she's endured while her husband, Apollo, has been away at prison; Cynthia and Peter disclose the state of their marriage and address the rumors about their relationship; the women revisit the drama surrounding the Miami trip.
"Why y'all so quiet now?!"

Indeed.

I didn't get Phaedra saying Kenya was interested in Tammy's nephew and that's why she invited him over to the house. Even if that was true, that still didn't give him to license to act menacing toward Kenya or anyone else. And IA with Cynthia that some of the women didn't believe Glen was a problem when Kenya said it because it was Kenya saying it. That said, why didn't Kenya just let security ask him to leave? 

Moving on - my Mom is always asking me, "Why is Kenya on this show? When has she ever been a housewife, real or otherwise?" Good question.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 15

Pt 2 was just so very hard to watch.

Kandi just refuses to see what Phaedra was going through.

The back and forth about talking about the husbands killed any friendship that might have been healed

Tonight explains why Kenya was with Kandi the other night and tweeting photos of Ace, it was a big FU to Phaedra via social media.

• Love 10

I was so distracted by Cynthia's shiny cheek bone I missed half of what was said. Guess I just missed that in Part 1

The shine was Vaseline. Like any good boxer she's just prepared in case Porsha loses her shit again.....

• Love 19

I don't understand why women insist on wearing those figure skater "nude" stocking type dresses on high definition television, especially when they're sitting down the whole time! That stuff's for red carpets and presenting awards with the camera 50 feet away. They look raggedy as hell up close.

I do love reunion Kandi, from saying she could buy and sell everybody on the stage to why y'all so quiet now!

• Love 21

I still can't believe these smart, educated women continue to defend that piece of shit Glen for being violent, even after SEEING THE FOOTAGE.

Child, I can't.

Well, Porsha did say that after seeing the footage that he was out of line and needed to go. Her point was that Kenya should have asked security to remove him from the get go, not his "Aunt" and not say anything to him at all. It wasn't that she had him removed, it was how she handled it.

• Love 10

I didn't get Phaedra saying Kenya was interested in Tammy's nephew and that's why she invited him over to the house.

Not to excuse their behavior, but Kenya was flirting with them at the bar and on the boat back to their place when he snapped at her about snapping her fingers in his face and calling him something-or-other.

• Love 6

The shine was Vaseline. Like any good boxer she's just prepared in case Porsha loses her shit again.....

Seriously, Porsha needs to work on this issue.  Three physical altercations as a grown up (that we know of) should be a major concern.

I do love reunion Kandi, from saying she could buy and sell everybody on the stage to why y'all so quiet now!

LOL, Kandi is barely noticeable during the season, but she comes alive during the Reunion.  Kandi and Sheree have been outstanding with their "People's Couch" commentary.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 19

It doesn't matter who invited him.

It does if he was aggressive and confrontational on the boat.  Why invite him back to the house?  If I remember correctly Kenya didn't have a problem with him until he started showing Sheree attention.  Anything that was said to Glen he seemed to take offense to, so why continue to "taunt" him, let security handle it.  Kenya made a bad situation worse.

I do agree with Kenya that her family did not protect her as a child.  As far as her mother was concerned the adults in her life failed her miserably.

Edited by appledumpling
  • Love 3
Seriously, Porsha needs to work on this issue.  Three physical altercations as a grown up (that we know of) should be a major concern.

The worst part is that I think she does not believe she is at fault for ANY of it.  When asked about all the brawling, she either attempts to justify her actions or deflect.

• Love 15

The worst part is that I think she does not believe she is at fault for ANY of it.  When asked about all the brawling, she either attempts to justify her actions or deflect.

This.  Now I love Porsha... lawd knows I do... but she acts like a bratty defensive teen instead of owning her rage problem.  I mean, isn't she like 35?  Porsha please grow up - I think you have a lot of potential.

• Love 12

Also responding to Phaedra regarding Apollo and the kids' visits, something like "Well you chose to be with him"

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 7

I laughed out loud at this.  It still makes me giggle.

I still can't believe these smart, educated women continue to defend that piece of shit Glen for being violent, even after SEEING THE FOOTAGE.

Child, I can't.

Yes, this times a thousand.  

Porsha's an asshole with a serious rage problem.  One of these times Porsha's gonna get into it with someone who beats ass harder than she does.  Peter and Cynthia's relationship is soooo done.  Is divorce gonna be Cynthia's story arc next season?

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 10

Kenya said he and his family are American royalty so they are two peas in a pod.

In some sad way, they probably are, although I don't mean that as a compliment. If she is endorsing him or whatever, then obviously I would say she's an idiot. But I don't agree they're just alike, as she isn't out there spreading hate and violence on an international stage. Kenya's mostly just a pantomime artist on a show that has seen much better days.

It's just hard for me to get upset over the Miss USA organization somehow being besmirched. Some involved with these pageants have gone on to do real harm to a variety of people, and in some cases are continuing to do so today.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 7

Agree with the above.  Kenya IS a master shit-stirrer but the only time something's a big problem (evoking major vapors and pearl-clutching from Porsha, Phaedra, NeNe, etc.) is when Kenya does it.

Say what you will about Kenya but she has never physically put her hands on anyone (looking at you Porsha, NeNe, and Cynthia).  Kenya pushes major buttons often but that is still not an excuse for someone to get physical.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 17

I think I;m through with this one. Anytime women can make Black women look as bad as they did during this reunion and defending abusive behavior toward a woman? That's the clincher for me. This show has insulted my intelligence. The producers would NEVER have allowed a man/boy to abuse or scare the wives from Bev Hills or New York and they're excusing it because its Kenya? This is disgusting and hateful and scary and I want no more parts of it. Phaedra, Porsha, Kim fucking F., Andy, Sheree are all evil, hateful, demonic people and my spirit feels wrong now to watch it. I can't do it. I stopped watching Jersey because I can't stand Teresa now I;m done with this one. I'm enjoying Potomac way better.

• Love 16

Kenya isn't the only woman to knock below the belt. I think I've come to a realization that Kenya is like oil and water with Porsha and Phaedra because in a lot of ways they are alike. Namely, none of them can actually take accountability for their actions and when they do, there's always a 'but' attached to it that attempts to justify their actions. Phaedra is an educated lawyer and it's really disgusting to see the way she acts towards Kenya. She will twist any situation to find fault with Kenya. Kenya does and says enough stupid things to call her out on that you don't need to rationalize the poor behaviour of a man as if his actions were Kenya's fault. Cynthia and Kandi were right - had it been someone else, Porsha and Phaedra would have shut their traps quick time.

Can't wait for the finale of the reunion next week when Tod and Phaedra address each other. When Phaedra gets put in a position where she can't be her usual condescending self, she gets this 'wtf are you talking about' screw face when someone checks her in her place and she can't really say anything because she can't deflect the truth spilling out of their mouth. 

• Love 9

I'm not going to lie, let some bitch get up in my face or use props to try to intimidate me, she's getting her ass kicked.  All this non violent claptrap when someone is trying to make you beat their ass is bullshit.  I wish a bitch would get up in my face with her ignorant ass thinking I won't react!  She'd be picking her ass up off the floor like Kenya did.

57921-Oprah-you-are-absolutely-right-Vu6

Also responding to Phaedra regarding Apollo and the kids' visits, something like "Well you chose to be with him"

That's rich coming from the person who started on this show with a shady. former drug dealer boyfriend who was killed during the off season.

What's so frustrating is there have been two normal, intelligent, poised women on this show and in both cases they were called boring so I wish folks would be honest about what they want to see. 

Everyone knows Kenya goes after Porsha because Porsha is younger and prettier. She's jealous that people seem to genuinely like Porsha.

Kid Fury (of The Read podcast) really laid into them all for their comments about Chris.

• Love 15

What's so frustrating is there have been two normal, intelligent, poised women on this show and in both cases they were called boring so I wish folks would be honest about what they want to see.

YES! I would like to see a show featuring people more like Kim.

I'm so tired of seeing black women act so ignorant on TV.

Why can't God-fearing, educated women -- who don't apologize for not wanting to see people tithes and butt hanging out -- who have some humility (so that rules out the Potomac housewives) be featured on TV? Perhaps because someone would say, 'Oh that would be boring"

Even one of the doctors on Married to Medicine has acted stupid with screaming/hollering and in your face neck-roll arguing.

And, Kenya's props were never in Porsha's face or personal space. They were in front of Cynthia, not Porsha.

Edited by selhars
  • Love 4

I say this all as a former Kenya fan: I have no sympathy for her in the Glen altercation, and I think that she lied about her mother calling her during the days of Miss USA.

I think that Kenya took offense to Glen, just like she took offense to Shamea, because both of them were uninvited guests at “Kenya’s party”, and both of them wouldn’t kiss Kenya’s ass. Tammy was already suspect with the group, and I have no idea why she was allowed to keep disappearing, then show up at random with 2 young men talking about “these guys are with me and they’re coming to party with us”. At what region are such things done at? Guests of a guest are allowed to roll up on the Housewives at any time? First of all, as Cynthia’s guest, Tammy was hella aggressive in ordering Kandi to get in the recording studio with her son. That’s who I thought Glen was before Tammy introduced him – I thought he was the rapper that Tammy was trying to put on! Both of Tammy’s boys should’ve been sent home from the get-go, and I’d probably have some words with Tammy, too. But maybe I’m showing my ripe old age of 32 years because I thought RSVP’ing was still the general code of conduct.

On the topic of Kenya and Glen, she snapped her fingers at him like she was calling a dog while Glen was in the middle of talking to Sheree on the boat. Kenya also spoke to Glen like she was surprised that Glen wasn’t attracted to her. Kenya had the same “all of the men should be looking at me!” air about her when she tried to insert herself between Apollo and Phaedra. Only Apollo fell for her attention-seeking behavior, and Glen barely noticed Kenya at all. Glen checked Kenya without being disrespectful. My first thought when Glen went off on Kandi was that maybe she gave him one of her signature facial expressions, and he possibly thought that Kandi was giving him stank, when really Kandi’s face stays twisting and folding like putty. Kandi’s constant mugging is off-putting to me as just 1 viewer out of millions. Since Glen initially went up to Kandi to congratulate her on her pregnancy, I really didn’t get the impression that he was looking to start beef. It’s interesting to me that no one had a complaint about Glen except for Kenya (who was patronizing to Glen), and Kandi (whose body language Glen may have misinterpreted). Kim seemed to be laughing at the exchange between Kandi and Glen because it was so random and ridiculous.

I write none of this to condone Glen stepping up to Kenya or throwing his aunt to the ground! But I don’t think Kim told any lies in saying “you can’t keep poking a hornet’s nest and be surprised when hornets fly out”. When Glen was asked to leave, Kenya was behind Tammy hollering in the same authoritative voice that she used when she was ordering Shamea to damn near dive off the boat. Kenya didn’t make a single move for security until Glen showed her that the situation was about to get realer than she gambled for. Kenya targeted Porsha in a similar fashion, and found out that Porsha is a “hornet’s nest” because Porsha may be dumb, but dumb and crazy often go together, and you can’t predict who’s dumb enough to go crazy on your ass. So anyone with a lick of sense would not go around provoking people like Kenya does.

Another “hornet’s nest”? Apollo Nida. Kenya really thought that she’d be able to walk up on an easy target like Natalie Williams, but Kenya quickly back-pedaled away from Christopher Williams because Christopher has a reputation of domestic violence. Did not nan one of us spectating viewers even begin to imagine that Apollo would rush Brandon and break his chin, but dumb and crazy are unpredictable like that. Porsha, Glen, Apollo, Christopher were all dead wrong for threatening and / or using violence, but I’m not trying to hear that bull about Kenya’s the better person because she only fights with her words. When Kenya’s been the center of every physical altercation since she joined the cast of RHOA, look … I think it’s clear that Kenya enjoys violence, but she enjoys being sanctimonious even more. She put her hands on Kim’s chair and dragged it back, which is 1 step away from putting her hands on Kim, unprovoked. Had Porsha done the same thing to Kim’s chair, Kenya would’ve called it an act of intended violence. Kenya’s smart enough to know how to get her need for chaos fulfilled, make other people do the dirty work, and cast herself as the innocent party so that she can keep on provoking more fights. 

And about her mother, I’m sorry, but I think Kenya was caught off-guard by the question about Miss USA, and she lied so that she still has the viewer’s sympathy. Don’t get me wrong, Kenya’s mother has serious issues! But when Kenya went to Detroit to see her mother, her mother locked the door in her face, and then proceeded to call Aunt Lori to tell her not to let Kenya bother her anymore. Kenya has always testified that when she saw her mother, her mother wouldn’t acknowledge her at all. So am I missing something, or … why would Kenya’s mother call Kenya to say “tell the press to stop calling me about you”, instead of telling Aunt Lori like she did in Detroit? Am I really supposed to believe that Kenya’s mother broke her vow of silence against Kenya back in 1990-something, but in 2015 she wouldn’t even look in the peephole at Kenya? Nope, not buying it. The original story I heard was that Kenya’s mother called to congratulate Kenya on winning the pageant, and Kenya told her to kick rocks or something to that effect. I figure that Kenya knows that she was given up for adoption in a closed adoption, and she’s very bitter and angry about that, so she keeps pushing her family members into an uncomfortable spot (because everything is always about Kenya, in Kenya’s world). Maybe Kenya thinks that by putting family business on TV, Kenya’s mother will be embarrassed into taking Kenya back as her daughter. Aunt Lori seemed like she had a lot venting to do with Kenya after Detroit than what was shown, but Aunt Lori probably tried to keep her feelings vague for the cameras. I may go to hell for saying this, but I’d guess that Kenya’s mother refused to see Kenya in Detroit because she wasn’t going to play into Kenya’s manipulative BS on TV.

Edited by EvilApplesauce
  • Love 23

It mostly depends on the woman. DeShawn was called boring, but I liked her well enough. Kim Fields, to me, visibly did not want to be on the show, regretted having to participate, seemed confused about what to do with her children participating, and when she did participate, was mostly involved in the same passive-aggressive games with Kenya that various other women have already played out, which now even go so far as to exploit the real cause behind BLM to justify a man getting physical with a woman. 

I can't think of anything Kim Fields added to the show and I think they made a mistake casting her. 

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 12

Porsha somehow managed to make Peter seem less shady.  All that fire with no receipts?  A friend removed giving her the deets?  And last of all, waitresses getting paid in dick???>>>no such thing exists. 

Not to say that Peter is all innocent but Porsha is far from credible.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 7

The Miss USA organization was once owned by Donald Trump, so it's just as vulgar and trashy as Kenya is.

I'm not going to lie, let some bitch get up in my face or use props to try to intimidate me, she's getting her ass kicked. All this non violent claptrap when someone is trying to make you beat their ass is bullshit. I wish a bitch would get up in my face with her ignorant ass thinking I won't react! She'd be picking her ass up off the floor like Kenya did.

Exactly! I don't fault Porsha at all. I don't know anyone who would have done differently. Kenya's one nasty piece of work. I've figured her out though. I think that she acts unlovable, because that's what she thinks. Maybe in her mind, if her Mom couldn't/can't love her, how can anyone else? She puts people off with her nasty attitude and ways, it's her defense mechanism. The dick in your mouth comment was simply trashy. As far as I know, no one has said anything as trashy as that statement to Kenya.

She's lucky, I would go there

with her. Her weak spot is her mother, and Lord knows that my petty ass would go there. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

I'm not feeling Kandi. So what that Apollo had a criminal record. I'm quite sure that Phaedra thought that was all behind him. She doesn't have to visit him, or take the kids to visit him. I wouldn't feel comfortable taking my kids to a federal prison either. Unless he's in the camp, it's a harsh reality.

Kandi, not showing your baby's face is annoying. Just don't show him at all. I'm sure that you've been holding out for the tabloid that will offer the most.

Cynthia, no, Peter's women wouldn't just knock on your door informing you of their relationship with your husband. I think that their marriage is over. I didn't see any type of chemistry between them. Even if Cynthia left the show, I don't think that it would save their marriage.

Edited by Queena
  • Love 11

Cynthia, you and Peter are separated if you spend most of your time living apart. I think at this point, you're not divorcing him to avoid having to admit everyone was right about him. WTF was Porsha talking about him paying his employees with sex? Ditto for Kenya's comment to Porsha about having a dick in her mouth.

Tammy was originally sppsd to be a full-time cast member, was she not?

Is it me, or were all the scenes in the teaser not nearly as good as they appeared? Even Kim's confusion over Sheree talking about tugging Kim's wig wasn't nearly as funny.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 2

MY TAKE ON THE REUNION PT 2

The boat situation I felt was the fault of all involved.  Kenya and Kandi for making Porsha go over and apologize when she did nothing wrong; Porsha for not following her gut and staying put, then when she realized Cynthia was only getting angrier, not just walking away; and Cynthia for projecting her problems on Porsha and eventually kicking her, then not owning up to possibly hurting Porsha.  I feel it appears to be a double standard with these people when Kenya provoked Porsha and she reacted by grabbing her hair, she was violent and has violent tendencies.  However when Cynthia did the same thing when she felt Porsha had invaded her personal spade, she was only defending herself.  It really pissed me off that once again Kenya interjected where she had no dog in this fight, going after Porsha and once again bringing up the now three year old hair drag.

Did Peter of didn’t he cheat on Cynthia.  The couple went after Porsha, challenging her to produce names of the girls she knew were his concubine and no, she didn’t have names.  Why would she.  However, she is on a gossip show and is privy to words on the street and that may well be why she shut up.  As for the marriage, it is on life support with no hope for recovery.  Peter did state he would not be on the show next season…. But he said that last season…..
[
It is very clear that the friendship (if there ever was one) is completely over between Kandi and Phaedra.  As I stated above, Kandi just cannot see any opinions but her own and just don’t seem to ever see anyone’s problems but her own.  Even as Phaedra was discussing that she indeed did take the kids to see Apollo and gave pretty valid reasons why she may not take them again, Kandi was rolling her eyes and acting like she was so over it.  When Phaedra stated that she will raise her boys as she please and that if no one cared to see about her boys then they have no say in what she does for them.  Kandi just couldn’t let that go and stated that they were in a bad place which is why she didn’t see the boys.  However, she wasn’t seeing them or Phaedra before they fell out which is WHY they fell out.  Then she stated that Phaedra knew Apollo was a criminal before she married him…. Just like the drug dealer Kandi was willing to marry.  Has nothing to do with how Phaedra is handling single motherhood.  Like she said, Apollo chose to return to a life of crime and this is his punishment. End of story.

Kenya just cannot get her stories straight.  When she first introduced her father, she stated that she had not spoke with him and he rejected her.  The this season we find out that he did try to include her in the family and she left him.  Now she says she had always felt all this love from her father in answer to Porsha saying that she doesn’t show love because she haven’t known love.  At that point, Andy asked Kenya if she didn’t bring the cameras to her mothers house could things have turned out better and of course she said no.  She claimed she made several attempts to see her without the cameras and her mother refused.  BUT Kenya stated that she did not know her mother’s address and was begging her aunt who refused to give it to her so she found some other way to get it.  So, if Kenya didn’t know where her mother lived, how did she visit her without cameras. 

In a police interregation, if you keep changing and adding to your story, you become the main suspect and It spells of a lie.  I got this feeling when Kenya, when confronted with the 1993 article where she states that her mother congratulated her and she rejected her mother at that time (and I believe the only chance she would’ve had to get closure), Kenya then came up with some crap about her mother calling her or using the media to tell not to contact her, which made no sense at all.  The to add to that after a couple of years stating that her mother would not even acknowledge her very presence, Kenya now states that her mother came over to the grandmother’s house when she was a kid and told her not to call her mother  and not even friend and then laughed at her.  The same woman who hid quietly in her home with the door locked and called her sister to tell Kenya to stop bothering her. Just no.

The Second attempt to comfort Cynthia (or constantly reminder her of her failing marriage) we talk Miami and the Glen Rice Jr incident.  Once again Kenya gets a pass for her behavior and I am not buying her need to “save” the others from the aggressive thug threat.  She invited them to the house.  She made a very bad attempt to get his attention and when he aggessively stated he didn’t like being snapped at, she saw it as fiesty and fun. When they got to the house she again flirted with him and when it was obvious he wasn’t interested in her, then it was a quest to find anything to get rid of him.  Then Kandi gave her the golden ticket.  Kim was sitting right next to Kandi and didn’t appear to see what Kandi saw.  He first complemented her pregnancy and was about to just start a conversation which the look on her face pretty much told him to move on which in his drunken state was an insult.  This is where it went south.  Yes he did say a bunch of stuff that was very wrong and I agree that he should have been asked to leave at that point.  After all the ladies didn’t know this guy and he could and did get violent.

BUT  it could have been avoided if Kenya simply either let Tammy handle it or if she did feel Tammy couldn’t then get security to talk with the guy and have them leave.  However, she simply cannot let anything go and just like she did with Shamea and Porsha, she had to make a remark that he was being threatening and she demanded he leave and yes that is poking the bear.  I agree with Kandi that Kenya was right in getting the guy out.  I do NOT agree with how she handled it.  So yes, it was indeed her fault that Tammy got hurt and it could have been far worse.

SIDE NOTE: Kenya’s comment to Porsha was just plain vulgar and uncalled for.  As I stated before, this reunion show epitomizes just how low and disgusting the series have plummeted.  I really am looking forward to Nene coming back but it has gotten so bad that even Nene cannot save it.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 16

On a shallow note: I'm not getting the Kim love on her look. IMO that dress is making her look like a big Ol square chest. Big square boobs with spaghetti straps is not a flattering look. Those boobs could look way nicer. I also think her hair looks too clownish. I guess I prefer a more natural hair look.

Equally shallow: Kandi's sleek, slightly asymmetrical, bob looks gorgeous! I didn't know she, or her stylists, had it in her/them!

• Love 8

On a shallow note: I'm not getting the Kim love on her look. IMO that dress is making her look like a big Ol square chest. Big square boobs with spaghetti straps is not a flattering look. Those boobs could look way nicer. I also think her hair looks too clownish. I guess I prefer a more natural hair look.

Equally shallow: Kandi's sleek, slightly asymmetrical, bob looks gorgeous! I didn't know she, or her stylists, had it in her/them!

I agree with you on Kim. However, Kandi has the cheapest looking weave that I've ever seen. I know that some people lose hair after having a baby, but she has to much money for her hair to look like that.

On a shallow note, I just had a baby 2 weeks ago. The entire pregnancy I was hoping that my nose didn't spread like Kandi's. I wouldn't have minded it spreading, but I have a pointy nose and it wouldn't have been cute.

• Love 5

I agree with you on Kim. However, Kandi has the cheapest looking weave that I've ever seen. I know that some people lose hair after having a baby, but she has to much money for her hair to look like that.

On a shallow note, I just had a baby 2 weeks ago. The entire pregnancy I was hoping that my nose didn't spread like Kandi's. I wouldn't have minded it spreading, but I have a pointy nose and it wouldn't have been cute.

I have no knowledge about weaves.... Is it the way her hair line around her face was still showing that makes it look rough/bad/cheap? I was focusing on the hair rather than how it was on her head, I guess.

I'm also remembering, and comparing to, the squirrel stuck on her head hairdo she was sporting on her first season! Lol.

• Love 1

Honestly, if I thought my marriage was failing because of my being on a reality show there would be no question about leaving the show but Peter's bad business acumen needs the income the show provides. Cynthia is between a rock and a hard place with the show/marriage thing, the man is not even living with her, her mother must have to bite her tongue every time she speaks to Cynthia.

Did I miss anything about Chateaux Sheree?  Did they talk about the status that house?

Kenya is not doing herself any favors insulting Porsha or anyone else for that matter, she looks so desperate.

Are we never going to talk about the fact that Phaedra had an augmentation? 

I am glad they are saving Nene for Part 3, too much Nene is never a good thing.

• Love 3

I have no knowledge about weaves.... Is it the way her hair line around her face was still showing that makes it look rough/bad/cheap? I was focusing on the hair rather than how it was on her head, I guess.

I'm also remembering, and comparing to, the squirrel stuck on her head hairdo she was sporting on her first season! Lol.

The hair looks fake. Almost plastic.

it goes to show you that you have to watch what you say because someone will fact-check you. This site did just that with Kenya's claims about her mother in 1993

http://www.eonline.com/news/751773/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta-reunion-part-2-is-kenya-moore-telling-the-truth-about-her-mom

I found the People's article. I feel bad for Kenya. I don't like her, but I see her pain, and believe that it's the cause of her horrible personality.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20110475,00.html

• Love 1

I still blame Andy for his part in the Kenya/Porsha altercation last year.  He sat there grinning, letting Kenya scream into that bullhorn and verbally abuse and mock Porsha for far too long.  I'm 62 years old and it takes a lot to rattle me, but I was ready to smack Kenya and kick Andy in the balls after watching that mess.  Also, pulling out Kim's chair??  That is an aggressive act that could have ended badly too.  I don't like violence in any shape or form, but Kenya is pushing buttons hoping for a reaction, and she's just vile IMO.

Kenya's aunt Lori seems like a nice, normal lady, so when she is asking Kenya to please leave her mother alone, I just have to think that Kenya isn't completely innocent in her bad relationship with her own mother.  I mean, the mother has met Kenya, I'm sure she knows what her daughter is about. 

I miss DeShawn Snow.  I loved how over the top she was and that was when the Atlanta housewives were the best franchise, IMO.  I loved the funny Nene and Kim, loved moments like watching Nene help Kim change clothes at the gas station..lol.  Dwight planning events, Sheree being Sheree...those were the days.  Too bad they went the way of Jersey, too dark and depressing.

• Love 18

My first thought when Glen went off on Kandi was that maybe she gave him one of her signature facial expressions, and he possibly thought that Kandi was giving him stank, when really Kandi’s face stays twisting and folding like putty.

Eh, even if Kandi did give him stank face, it still wasn't that serious to go from 0-100 over it. Dude was mad aggressive from the jump. It isn't hard to say "I just wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy, no disrespect was intended," and move on. But boys like Glen are dangerous. They're hypersensitive to the smallest of slights, intentional or unintentional. I wouldn't put it past him to harm a woman just because she didn't give him her phone number. He was clearly raised in a misogynistic household. He's a straight up hotep brother.

I can't stand agreeing with Kenya about anything, but I applauded her zing to Phaedra about her children. She hopes that Phaedra isn't teaching them to disrespect women because they'd end up in jail, too. This is why most men will continue to display bad behavior. Society and some women will always make excuses for them. I'm glad Kandi shut all of them down about Glen. Their "he wasn't justified BUT" arguments were gross as fuck.

• Love 23

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Watcherwoman.  I guess old ladies think alike.  I am 67 and I also just love the old crew where shade was thrown but no one crossed the line into deeply personal attacks.  Even when they disagreed and even disliked each other, they supported each other when it was needed.  Not any more.  The attack just get more personal and more vile with each season

• Love 7

I think I;m through with this one. Anytime women can make Black women look as bad as they did during this reunion and defending abusive behavior toward a woman? That's the clincher for me. This show has insulted my intelligence. The producers would NEVER have allowed a man/boy to abuse or scare the wives from Bev Hills or New York and they're excusing it because its Kenya? This is disgusting and hateful and scary and I want no more parts of it. Phaedra, Porsha, Kim fucking F., Andy, Sheree are all evil, hateful, demonic people and my spirit feels wrong now to watch it. I can't do it. I stopped watching Jersey because I can't stand Teresa now I;m done with this one. I'm enjoying Potomac way better.

The male protectionism at all costs couple with the lack of protection of black women turns my stomach. It just so lopsided. It always seems to be 'oh won't someone think about all the poor black boys and men' while the girls are left out there dangling and having to fend for themselves and in some instances (like the whole Glen thing) villainized for calling a threatening black man, a threatening black man. When they were running previews of the reunion, I rolled my eyes super duper hard at Matt falling on the sword for Kenya, but now I'm loving and looking forward to it even though he is doing it for the likes of Kenya. 

Kandi was the MVP of Part 2. I agreed with her on everything EXCEPT what she had to say about Dylan's lack of a relationship with his father being somehow Phaedra's responsibility.  I've felt for a while that Kandi has been somewhat lackadaisical towards Apollo's conviction.  Not saying she condoned his actions but she just seemed more understanding and sympathetic of him than she did of Phaedra and obviously Phaedra got the same feeling. This maybe an unpopular opinion but I did think that Kandi failed to show up for BFF duty when Phaedra was going through the most. YMMV. 

I think the show's producers were on the right track but just got the wrong girl with Kim. The show needs an actual wife and mother just living her life and anchored by normalcy, doesn't have a glam squad on call with a good head on her shoulders. Kim actually was too mature during arguments which just spells the kiss of death, which might not be a bad thing for this show.

However, Kandi has the cheapest looking weave that I've ever seen. I know that some people lose hair after having a baby, but she has to much money for her hair to look like that.

The hair doesn't appear to be the greatest quality but what is killing me is Kandi's part and hairline area. I think the point of a wig/weave is that it looks like it is growing out of your own scalp as much as possible, otherwise, might as well slap a Kim Zolciak original on her head, which looks like it was made out of hair remnants found on the factory floor of a cheap doll factory.  

I don't want to hear about Cynthia and Peter's marriage no more. Same shit, different season. I knew they were feeding me a load of BS when they were offending my eyes with that happy ending (pun intended) massage mess. 

I believe that one eyed African man story, 

• Love 13
Porsha's an asshole with a serious rage problem.  One of these times Porsha's gonna get into it with someone who beats ass harder than she does.

She kind of did with that production assistant.  She was trying to buck him off her like nobody's business, and he was hanging on for dear life to keep her from diving back in.   In dogs we call that the red zone - once they're in it, good luck breaking up a fight without getting bitten yourself.  I don't trust a dog or a person I've seen get into that zone.  I can chill with them, but I won't ever trust them.

All this non violent claptrap when someone is trying to make you beat their ass is bullshit. I wish a bitch would get up in my face with her ignorant ass thinking I won't react! She'd be picking her ass up off the floor like Kenya did.

Or you can do like Kim did when Kenya moved her chair, a move I consider far more provocative than the bullhorn (which I think was ridiculous and should have been stopped by Andy).  Kim was ready to fight, because yes, the chair move was an invitation for Kim to throw the first punch.  But that would only have given Kenya what she wanted -- for Kim to be the aggressor.  So she steeled herself and walked away, leaving Kenya looking all the worse -- not only violent, but pathetic, because she didn't have a backup script for what would happen if Kim refused to play the one she was playing.

Lest I be thought some kind of pacifist, on Hell's Kitchen this year a total asshole named Jackie was in a verbal fight with a fellow chef, kept challenging her to throw a punch, and actually dumped an ashtray onto the other girl's shoulder, saying "what are you gonna do now?!"  I have to say THAT might have pushed me into throwing a punch. I like to think that I'd just have walked off set and told production to deal with the tool, but I will concede that I was so angry just WATCHING the scene I might have reacted within it.

I don't think Kandi's a hypocrite when it comes to AJ vs Apollo.  She knew what he was, wanted him anyway, and I believe she would have been down at the prison visiting him.  Ride or die, I guess, the same with her mother.  I'm not sure she grasps boundaries.  Then again, Phaedra's boundaries are pretty permeable. She knew what Apollo was, wanted him anyway, facilitated his crooked life overtly or by turning a blind eye, and maintained plausible deniability the whole time.  Probably Kandi considers her AJ love more pure and honest.

• Love 9