Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

I dunno, doesn't seem like a good location to put up a bunch of folding chairs.  And they seem pretty stuck on church weddings, at churches they don't even belong to and shop for.  I'm old fashioned, seems to me you should get married in your own church even if it isn't the prettiest setting.  So Duggars, sweep out that warehouse!

• Love 2

Tontitown doesn't seem to have the nicest climate. When it's not frozen it's unpleasantly humid.

Perhaps they plan to dam and flood the ditch the treehouse is in.

Edited by Kokapetl

It never looked like something for the kids to me. The kids literally don't do anything, and the parents never do anything for the kids (except for birthday lunch).

I bet it has some God-related or money-related theme (or, better yet, both!). I'm going to guess that there were multiple episodes filmed around the construction of the "spritual retreat" house, or that it was built to serve as a site for the many upcoming Duggar weddings (and to be rented out to other fundies for that purpose).

I think we talked about it a while back, but this is an obvious business for the family. They can buy a couple of big tents, a bunch of folding tables and chairs, some cheap linens, and get some cheap industiral place settings -- they already have an industrial kitchen. JB can claim that it makes financial sense since he has so many kids to marry off (heh, heh), and it would be an appropriate business for his unmarried daughters (and the married ones, too).

Seats, food, warmth and shelter from weather, don't seem to be a big priority for wedding receptions for the Duggars. 

• Love 9

Hey, people can just stand on the legs that God gave 'em!  And if they don't have 'em, they can just wait back on the porch. Or in the parking lot.  As long as they've dropped off their gift, they can just deal with it!  ;-)

• Love 7

Considering the disdain the Duggars allegedly have for stuff like professional experience, training and probably code enforcement, only an idiot would make use of that "treehouse".

The roof looks too heavy for the structure, for instance.

• Love 4

I'm not sure where this IG photo originated before I found it on a snark account, but it looks like proof that TLC is taping some kind of Duggar shindig. If it's a baby shower and those are arrows-in-the-quiver cookies, then I'm officially grossed out.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBnux05RsDu/?taken-by=king_snark

A couple of days ago, the Duggars apparently threw (and filmed) a baby shower for the owners of the Tacos for Life place.

• Love 1

Jill, review all of your photos side by side. Stop with that annoying facial expression, go to the fake pout if you have to, it's just as ridiculous but at least it would be variety.

But then she wouldn't get to look so surprised all the time! Agreed though some variety would be nice.

• Love 2

Jill, review all of your photos side by side. Stop with that annoying facial expression, go to the fake pout if you have to, it's just as ridiculous but at least it would be variety.  

Her face morphs into Jim Bob's when she's not mugging. Seriously, the surprised look is about as good as her looks get.

• Love 1

Bitchelle looks shorter and fatter. She must think she is hot in that ugly green shirt as much as she wears it.

Boob is a creeper.

Derdick looks sickly.

Jill looks as frumpy as her mother in the graphic tee, long skirt and ugly shoes.

Izzy is huge.

They all look dirty.

• Love 4

11aewd0.jpg

"It's an honor your highness!"

24ccjcx.jpg

1st photo. On the left: big camera smiles with lots of orthodontised teeth. Centre and right: anything between no smile and uncertain 'what the heck am I doing in a photo with these loonies?' smiles.

2nd photo: Michelle's so excited to meet the real Sleeping Beauty.

• Love 5

1st photo. On the left: big camera smiles with lots of orthodontised teeth. Centre and right: anything between no smile and uncertain 'what the heck am I doing in a photo with these loonies?' smiles.

"The gringos...they do nothing! Nothing!"

• Love 8

So how do you say "what the actual fuck?" en espanol, because every last local in that photo is thinking it.

ETA: Sweet jumping Jesus if Michelle doesn't look pregnant. Please tell me it's just fat. Please. I am begging you here.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 12

I'm not one, in general, to snark on a person's looks, and I don't think there is anything horribly wrong with Derick's face to begin with...but in a couple of those recent photos, all I can think of are  those old Geico commercials with the cavemen...

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 14

So how do you say "what the actual fuck?" en espanol, because every last local in that photo is thinking it.

ETA: Sweet jumping Jesus if Michelle doesn't look pregnant. Please tell me it's just fat. Please. I am begging you here.

She's not just getting thick around the middle, she's gaining weight all over (notice how heavy her upper arms have gotten). I don't remember her looking big all over like that during her pregnancies. Jim Bob is also gaining weight. I think that the two of them have started over-eating as a reaction to the stress they've been under. Or it could just be that late-middle-age, a cheap, starchy diet and a lack of exercise is finally catching up to them both.

Actually, I think she looks better with a little meat on her bones. Over the last few years, she's looked like she was shrinking away.

• Love 3

Sorry, I can't copy/paste screenshots, but Pickles posted shots from InTouch with an article and pictures of the Duggars filming.And front and center is Sierra planning yet another party. 

I'll see if I can navigate InTouch and post a direct link to the article. eta: Fuck, I hate that site. I'm sure Koka will be around to post the pics. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

I'm not one, in general, to snark on a person's looks, and I don't think there is anything horribly wrong with Derick's face to begin with...but in a couple of those recent photos, all I can think of are  those old Geico commercials with the cavemen...

With a dash of Phil Hartman's SNL character "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer."

• Love 5

Sorry, I can't copy/paste screenshots, but Pickles posted shots from InTouch with an article and pictures of the Duggars filming.And front and center is Sierra planning yet another party.

I'll see if I can navigate InTouch and post a direct link to the article. eta: Fuck, I hate that site. I'm sure Koka will be around to post the pics.

Lol

I love how you and I just whine or bitch about the links until good ole Koka fixes it up for us! I'm usually on my phone and cannot stand going on those magazine sites. If it wasn't for Koka, I'd be in the dark.

Speaking of..has anyone ascertained yet the gender of our friendly site-link expert? I've been dying to ask but didn't want him/her to think i was hitting on him/her! Haha

• Love 1

Koka's of the Y chromosome persuasion. 

I can be relied upon for Insta links, and regular hotlinks, but not anything requiring uploading to this site. Even when I'm on the laptop; I am too much of an idiot to figure that stuff out. LOL

The article did state that an "insider" said that Boob and ofBoob have figured out that their way back onto TV is through the (grown, so far) kids. Their publicist won't confirm or deny the elder Duggars' role (if any) in future episodes. 

• Love 2

Not to get off topic, but I apologize if I have referred to you as female. I had you as a lady in my imagination.

Being a male viewer of the show is unusual, so I can see why people would assume I was a woman. I found the banality soothing. I'm not offended, if you referred to me as a female I did not notice. I wouldn't be offended if I had noticed, there's nothing objectionable about women to me, but I find men appealing, if you catch my drift.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 21

They take their tribe to Disney World? WTF?  They aren't allowed Disney with all of the magic.  Add to list of contradictory behavior.  With Snow White the only one who could possibly  know who she was is Michelle.

• Love 6