Type keyword(s) to search

Party of One: Unpopular TV Opinions

• Start Topic

Then there is GOT which both lasted a season too long and was incredibly rushed at the end.  The original plan was for 7 seasons, following the outlines of the books.  (Curse you, Martin!)  Whether it was for financial reasons or inability to complete the story in 7 the shortened 8th season was added.  Yet the conclusion left fans confused and angry because 7.5 seasons of character development were tossed out the window in order to reach the planned ending.  Tighter writing and sticking to the original outline might have made the ending more palatable.

• Applause 5
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Then there is GOT which both lasted a season too long and was incredibly rushed at the end.  The original plan was for 7 seasons, following the outlines of the books.  (Curse you, Martin!)  Whether it was for financial reasons or inability to complete the story in 7 the shortened 8th season was added.  Yet the conclusion left fans confused and angry because 7.5 seasons of character development were tossed out the window in order to reach the planned ending.  Tighter writing and sticking to the original outline might have made the ending more palatable.

As I remember, the showrunners wanted to get it finished sooner rather than later. At the time they had a chance to write a Star Wars movie, and then another show. However, they apparently handled S8 so badly that the chances were withdrawn. I'd almost feel sorry for them, only they are by many accounts a pair of dickheads.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

I am reasonably sure that on Agents's of SHIELD they had plans for a 6th season in case Disney called back after giving a fine series finale after the 5th. But then came an order for a 6th and 7th season.  Thus the back half of season 6, for me the worst run, felt like filler but then the series bounced back in season 7 as they finished up what I think was the original plan

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I mean in Lost the answer to most of the questions is "magic island" and sure that's not a great explanation.

I actually think that would have been fine. Or handwave 'electromagnetics' or something. That's why Locke can walk. That's why there's been all these wrecks and the Island harbors their story. Don't even explain the smoke monster. Make it that it comes after people who are guilty of something who need to redeem themselves or whatever. You can still have the numbers and the hatch to 'contain' the Island. People who have been trying to conduct experiments on the Island to harness its powers or explain what's going on. And it's never really answered, but you still have the personal journeys. 

There's absolutely no reason to throw in the polar bear. Now you're saying, anything can happen at any time so we don't have to establish any rules. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
23 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

it just bugs me that planning out your entire show from the beginning and then executing that plan is somehow seen as better as making things up as you go.

Because having at least the broad outline of a plan IS better than making things up as you go.  It maintains continuity better, for one thing, and provides for character growth which makes sense.  It also helps keep the quality of a show more even.  It is an extremely rare show which can survive the showrunners and/or the writers making everything up on the fly.

Which is not to say they shouldn't allow room in the plan for change.  That is different.  The best shows leave room for a certain amount of spontaneity within their plan.

19 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

All that said, I write as a hobby and I never have an idea where my story is going to go because I find it boring.

I do the same, and I have notions of things I want to happen to my characters and beats I want to hit, but I don't have it all planned out.  Like you, it's primarily for my own pleasure so it doesn't matter so much.

1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I actually think that would have been fine. Or handwave 'electromagnetics' or something. That's why Locke can walk. That's why there's been all these wrecks and the Island harbors their story. Don't even explain the smoke monster. Make it that it comes after people who are guilty of something who need to redeem themselves or whatever. You can still have the numbers and the hatch to 'contain' the Island. People who have been trying to conduct experiments on the Island to harness its powers or explain what's going on. And it's never really answered, but you still have the personal journeys. 

There's absolutely no reason to throw in the polar bear. Now you're saying, anything can happen at any time so we don't have to establish any rules. 

There were things they explained which they never should have (the Smoke Monster) and things which they harped on in the early season which they DID need to explain.  Walt's powers, for example, or why it was so important that Claire raise her baby and then all of a sudden it wasn't.

• Like 11
14 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

The thing is though pretty much with any fantasy type show if you drill down enough the answers just don't make sense. I mean in Lost the answer to most of the questions is "magic island" and sure that's not a great explanation. But at the same time is that much better we can time travel because of the flux capacitor, or scientists in Wakanda can do anything because of vibrainum? I have only seen the first 4 Harry Potter movies but do they ever really explain where magic comes from, or is Great Britain also just a magic island.

For me the important thing is that the story maintains its internal consistency, especially in sci-fi and fantasy where they're not bound by real-world rules.  So OK, a flux capacitor can be used to travel thru time, but it has to be powered somehow (lightning bolt, Mr. Fusion 😄) and the car has to reach 88 mph before it activates.  Those details were important plot points that remained the same across all three movies, so I didn't notice or mind any other inconsistencies.  But in Lost the writers were apparently just throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks and the lack of internal logic got frustrating for viewers.

• Like 8
12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't think Lost's problem is necessarily not knowing its finale.  (I didn't watch Lost much so I guess I'm not the best judge.)  I don't think the problem is the season length.  In fact, some of the best episodes on TV shows happen because they're trying to fill a network's 22 episode order.  I think Lost is a show that would have benefited from everyone agreeing early on that it'd be a 5 year show once it got insanely popular.  The writers could then plan on how much time to spend on revealing the mythology and how much time to spend on character building.

I think not having an end date also hurt HIMYM after it got past those initial five years or so.  During those years, they took a lot of care to tell multiple stories about why Ted and Robin had no future and wanted different things.  That led to them creating another Robin couple people cared about.  And miraculously, they also hit the ball out of the park in the casting of this nearly perfect "mother" figure.  It wasn't the second half of the last season where they needed to reevaluate.  It was already too late by then.  They needed to do that in seasons 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. They should have asked themselves what was more important to them: hitting their original ending or letting the narrative take them away from their original ending.  If the former, then they have to make sure each season serves that ending instead of takes away from it.  If it's the latter, then they needed to scrap the original ending.

Yes, think the real central thing isn't that you have to know exactly how the show will end or every step, but you need to know what the show is about in some way, in order to guide you. Breaking Bad was famous for writing itself into a corner to try to get out of it, but it never lost sight of its premise. Lost started out seeming that we might never get some simple explanation for what the island is, but it needed to have some idea of what it was about and in the end it seemed like they didn't know, really, so they just came up with a standard woo-woo idea that didn't land, imo.

And same thing in HIMYM. They obviously loved the idea of true love taking a lot of time to find itself, and they seemed to like the twist idea of Robin and Ted. Maybe the idea was for it to be hopeful, that even though Ted had lost his love he still had love in his future. That it took a while for Robin to be ready (since Ted doesn't have to change at all). But really, they did that with Ted/Tracy and then just tossed it and her.

So given the way things went, it seems like they stuck to the twist and lost sight of the thing that was really motivating it all and instead of making it about these two ordinary people finding love with each other, it shoved all that aside for a surprise ending and it gives everything a different feeling. Like I remember we learn that Ted and Tracy didn't get married for years and I'm sure that was supposed to show that once Ted, who was always desperate to get married, had true love the official marriage didn't matter to him. But instead it just felt to me like he put it off because he was still keeping his options open. 

It almost seems like they must not have really been watching that last season as they were writing it to think not ending up with Tracy could be a happy ending!

• Like 7
On 2/7/2023 at 2:39 AM, supposebly said:

If your show is basically based on a mystery that is spelled out at the beginning. Charlie: Guys, ....where are we?

You need to have some sort of idea what the answer is. Or at least come up with one after your show gets picked up.

I was going to write something similar. If the main plot is a mystery, then writers should have at least a basic idea what is the answer and how will we get there.

If it's a sitcom or relationship drama, there is no such need, except maybe to have clearly defined family dynamics, so that we won't have a retconned reason for why character A hates character B in the third season that contradics everything we have known before, stuff like that.

I would also recommend to writers that they shouldn't indroduce several new questions before they answer any of the older ones. This was bugging me in The Pretender, it was a great series, I was engaged from start to finish, but would it have killed them to give us some answers?

• Like 10
23 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Lost started out seeming that we might never get some simple explanation for what the island is, but it needed to have some idea of what it was about and in the end it seemed like they didn't know, really, so they just came up with a standard woo-woo idea that didn't land, imo.

The thing with Lost is that the stuff on the island was so much impossible fantasy that it would basically be impossible to realistically explain it. It's like Asgard in the Thor movies, where they try to pass off what they have and what they can do as really advanced science even though it makes no sense.

So when shows or movies like that have stuff like that happen I just remember the immortal words of Lucy Lawless: "whenever you notice something like that... a wizard did it".

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

The thing with Lost is that the stuff on the island was so much impossible fantasy that it would basically be impossible to realistically explain it. It's like Asgard in the Thor movies, where they try to pass off what they have and what they can do as really advanced science even though it makes no sense.

So when shows or movies like that have stuff like that happen I just remember the immortal words of Lucy Lawless: "whenever you notice something like that... a wizard did it".

Agreed. But I think that's all the more reason why they needed some organizing idea so that it seemed like there was some logic somewhere, even if you couldn't put your finger on it. Instead you got a mishmosh of impossible fantasy *and* a thematic mush in the end, imo.

• Like 6

I cannot get into Andor. It's a beautifully shot show and I am a big Star Wars fan, but sweet merciful crap it's painfully slow. I know it picks up near the end, but it's Star Wars - I need way more action, not 5 episodes of talking about the plan.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
33 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Agreed. But I think that's all the more reason why they needed some organizing idea so that it seemed like there was some logic somewhere, even if you couldn't put your finger on it. Instead you got a mishmosh of impossible fantasy *and* a thematic mush in the end, imo.

There was no logic to much of what was written on Lost.  I Agee mishmosh is exactly how I've described it.  It was haphazard with no underlying thought or planning. It was more 'hey this will be neat throw it in!'

It's like the writers of lost said 'you know ckekovs gun right?  Well we're going to write a show where he can stick that gun up his figurative ass!'

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
On 2/7/2023 at 12:19 AM, izabella said:

My Lost UO:  I hated Juliet with a passion.  The perpetual condescending smirk on her face was only replaced by the silent, blank stare.  Other Lost fans seemed to like her, but I loathed that character and now I can't watch Elizabeth Mitchell in anything else because of it.

I didn't hate her, but I agree with the smirk. And she had basically the same expression through both seasons of Revolution ! :)

• Like 2

Home Improvement shows. I cannot watch another show where the walls, floors, cabinets, etc., are being kicked down, torn down, hatcheted, etc. I cannot watch another couple redo a house for different people … yet the design choices are all the same. I cannot watch the “designers” and homeowners dramatically look at countertop and backsplash materials. I cannot see another house with all neutrals, gray furniture or walls. I cannot watch another show of manufactured drama over finishing on time, products not arriving, glitches in the reno. Etc. And a pox on the many flip shows…they all look the same and sound the same. And are all mostly unrealistic for the average to semi-skilled do-it-yourselfer. 

HGTV never seems to let hosts go no matter how tired their shows are; they just keep giving them new shows. The network is a 24-hour advertisement for the products used on the show.  There is no variety or spark. And their blueprint has permeated every network or channel that does show home improvement/design shows. It wasn’t always so obvious.  I am old so get off my lawn. 😏

Edited by Kemper
Spelling errors
  • Like 13
  • Applause 10
13 hours ago, Kemper said:

Home Improvement shows. I cannot watch another show where the walls, floors, cabinets, etc., are being kicked down, torn down, hatcheted, etc.

Same.  I was flipping channels the other day so not sure which show I ended up on (briefly) but the host was walking through a house sneering at the walls.  She was about to knock them all in because "no one wants rooms".  Dear god.  I thought open concept had had it's day but clearly not on these shows.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Same.  I was flipping channels the other day so not sure which show I ended up on (briefly) but the host was walking through a house sneering at the walls.  She was about to knock them all in because "no one wants rooms".  Dear god.  I thought open concept had had it's day but clearly not on these shows.

I don't understand "open concept". Where do you put your shelves? Why would you let guests have a clear view of the mess in your kitchen? How does anyone just sit and read a book without being distracted?

• Like 9
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

I would be curious to see the copyright date on all of these HGTV shows because 2020 made a lot of people reconsider open concept.  It was starting to fall out of favor before everyone was WFH plus schools going online.  Now people want homes where there is separation and dedicated WFH spaces.  If these shows are from 2021 to now, then HGTV needs to revamp their lineup.  People want semi-open concept now.  

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

I like my open concept apartment. But my only room mates are my cats and they don't like closed doors anyway. I am thinking of getting decent folding doors since they take up less space when open. I would prefer sliding doors but there is no room for that.

The only time my doors get closed is when I have guests.

• Like 8

I remember after the massive housing market crash in 2008, all the flip shows stopped. I wonder if we're seeing a move towards that again with recession and housing prices, etc.

I don't mind the home reno shows per se, but I don't need 15 versions of the same show.

I flip!

Oh yeah, I flip, but in New Orleans!

OH YEAH, I FLIP, BUT IN NEW ORLEANS AND ONLY HOMES BUILT WITH BRICK...

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Sorry, I know this is too long but it feels so good.

In these economic times, I would love to see a show about decorating on a budget…using what you have but “repurposing” it to utilize another way. Show homeowners shopping at consignment stores, antique malls, estate sales and yard sales for furniture (but maybe that is not upholstered).  A likable , down-to-earth host who can think on the fly when an object appears that is interesting.

A gardening show with a gardener who is easy and patient. Not a contest with other novice gardeners!  I am talking about planting food.

My most unfavorite HGTV people/shows? Christina. The Property Brothers. Alison Victoria. Most of the husband/wife teams. (Love the Detroit guys) And the most egregious? The one with Hillary and David.

Sometimes we just want to decorate a room … not design it. How can we make it look better; we cannot afford to buy “new” everything.

I know the “demolish and build back” is probably financially necessary for the network. Ad dollars from companies whose products are used. But it drives almost every show. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 3

There was an HGTV shows, back in the distant mists of time, in which the host got a concept from a home-owner--"I want it to look like this"--and then did the room as close to the concept as possible on $500. I would also like to see something like that again.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
13 minutes ago, Kemper said:

In these economic times, I would love to see a show about decorating on a budget…using what you have but “repurposing” it to utilize another way. Show homeowners shopping at consignment stores, antique malls, estate sales and yard sales for furniture (but maybe that is not upholstered).  A likable , down-to-earth host who can think on the fly when an object appears that is interesting.

Yes, updated versions of shows like Decorating Cents and Design on a Dime would be a welcome addition to the HGTV line-up.  The old ones (on Discovery+) are unwatchable other than to marvel at how cheesy their styles were back then (so many theme rooms!), but at the time they were good shows, so new versions would be, too.  I particularly liked Decorating Cents, because each episode was mostly about the main project, a room being re-done altogether, and then there was a short segment of a different project, a room simply redecorated by moving stuff around and swapping things out with other rooms in the house -- giving ideas on freshening up the look without buying anything new.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Unfortunately, this is never going to happen on any design show for a couple of reason.  First, there is no guarantee that the local flea markets, antique stores, estate sales will have what is needed when it is needed. Obviously, the show would select the homeowners who already have great basics and a few hidden gems in their home.  Next, these shows need corporate sponsors, and corporate sponsors are not going to give money to shows who's underlying premise is recycle, reduce, reuse, repurpose.  They will only sponsor shows that make viewers want to spend money on their products.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
38 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Show homeowners shopping at consignment stores, antique malls, estate sales and yard sales for furniture (but maybe that is not upholstered).

I'm not much on a budget, but I have most furniture in my house from thrift shops. There are surprisingly a lot where I live. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 2/8/2023 at 10:03 PM, Kemper said:

HGTV never seems to let hosts go no matter how tired their shows are; they just keep giving them new shows. The network is a 24-hour advertisement for the products used on the show.  There is no variety or spark. And their blueprint has permeated every network or channel that does show home improvement/design shows. It wasn’t always so obvious.  I am old so get off my lawn. 😏

And for the love of dog, DON'T send someone to redo my lawn while I'm at work!

On 2/9/2023 at 11:33 AM, MaryMitch said:

Why would you let guests have a clear view of the mess in your kitchen?

This is exactly why I hate open plan houses.  I need to hide that I haven't cleaned up after cooking dinner from my guests, damn it.

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Kemper said:

A gardening show with a gardener who is easy and patient. Not a contest with other novice gardeners!  I am talking about planting food.

My most unfavorite HGTV people/shows? Christina. The Property Brothers. Alison Victoria. Most of the husband/wife teams. (Love the Detroit guys) And the most egregious? The one with Hillary and David.

Sometimes we just want to decorate a room … not design it. How can we make it look better; we cannot afford to buy “new” everything.

I know the “demolish and build back” is probably financially necessary for the network. Ad dollars from companies whose products are used. But it drives almost every show. 

they used to show real gardening shows, not these "flipping/reno but in your yard" shows.  I miss that.

• Like 6
23 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I would be curious to see the copyright date on all of these HGTV shows because 2020 made a lot of people reconsider open concept.  It was starting to fall out of favor before everyone was WFH plus schools going online.  Now people want homes where there is separation and dedicated WFH spaces.  If these shows are from 2021 to now, then HGTV needs to revamp their lineup.  People want semi-open concept now.  

I bought a house last fall and we told our realtor we didn't want open concept. He showed us a house that had a vaulted ceiling, and we said we weren't into the vaulted ceiling, and he chuckled and said we were the only people who didn't want open concept or a vaulted ceiling. So at least in our area, people are still wanting open concept.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
On 2/9/2023 at 1:31 PM, AstridM said:

I’ve always hated open concept. Please let it die.

I caught one once where the homeowners were upset:

Homeowners: "I wanted open concept!  Why am I seeing Walls?"

Me: "Because you're inside a house, dumbass!"

• Like 1
  • LOL 15

I hate open concept because I love what I will call "set dressing" my house. I want each room to be different in tone, color, theme. I have an open living/dining/office area and I wish I could split it in two because I very much want to do my dining room like an outside...ok, full disclosure, I want my dining room to look like the Blue Bayou restaurant at Disneyland and I want my office to look like something you'd find in an old manor house in England, with all dark woodwork and a full wall bookcase and strangely enough, those two looks don't really work when it's one big room. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Lugal said:

I caught one once where the homeowners were upset:

Homeowners: "I wanted open concept!  Why am I seeing Walls?"

Me: "Because you're inside a house, dumbass!"

Let's see. Pillars on the corners, all the rest is windows? Would that work?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

[whispering]I love my new open concept house.  It's brighter and airier.[/whispering]

On 2/9/2023 at 3:06 PM, Kemper said:

I said on another thread that HGTV is my go-to when I've nothing else to watch, but I so agree with you on this.  Cannot stand all those people you mentioned and will not watch their shows.  Most of the couples (excl Joanna and Chip) are tolerable but I wish they'd stick to renovations rather than wasting time with their behind the scenes family stuff.  I don't care about their home lives.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

[whispering]I love my new open concept house.  It's brighter and airier.[/whispering]

I said on another thread that HGTV is my go-to when I've nothing else to watch, but I so agree with you on this.  Cannot stand all those people you mentioned and will not watch their shows.  Most of the couples (excl Joanna and Chip) are tolerable but I wish they'd stick to renovations rather than wasting time with their behind the scenes family stuff.  I don't care about their home lives.

One would have thought that, after Christina Haack and her 1st husband's Tarek's oh-so-lovey dovey bond went kablooey, that HGTV would have learned their lesson and focused on promoting her actual skills as a house flipper rather than promoing with  lots of PDA with said husband even AFTER it became public knowledge their union had melted down but NO. Then they did the same with her SECOND husband Ant (Ant?! that nickname somewhat bugged me) until that one also turned to ashes!

Seriously, the most important aspect of ANY professional should be how well they perform their vocation NOT in how they conduct their offtask life (I almost said 'off-camera' but letting folks' private life stay off the air seems a laughable concept for this and so many  other networks).

• Like 4

I don't care about the superbowl. American 'football' is the worst kind of football I know of. Furthermore, I'm not even interested in the ads. Even high-priced and well-produced ads are still ads. Sure, sometimes there's a trailer for a movie I want to see anyway, but that's it.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
41 minutes ago, Anduin said:

I don't care about the superbowl. American 'football' is the worst kind of football I know of. Furthermore, I'm not even interested in the ads. Even high-priced and well-produced ads are still ads. Sure, sometimes there's a trailer for a movie I want to see anyway, but that's it.

I never care about the SB commercials. With that being said last year's Sopranos commercial was awesome.

• Useful 1
24 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I never care about the SB commercials. With that being said last year's Sopranos commercial was awesome.

I'll take your word for it. I watched one season of Sopranos, and that was enough.

1 hour ago, Anduin said:

I don't care about the superbowl.

The only good thing about the Super Bowl is Puppy Bowl. I couldn't tell you what teams are playing in the Super Bowl this year, but you better believe I've checked out the starting lineup for Puppy Bowl. I'm Team Fluff this year, but it's not about which team wins, it's about watching cute little puppies frolicking. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

So far all the SB commercials I've seen are pretty bad.  Nothing terribly amusing or clever for all the hype.  Maybe I will be able to run to the bathroom during commercial breaks this year.

• Like 2

I think I'll do my usual thing of skipping the game and maybe catching some of the ads on YouTube (and possibly the half-time show) that my colleagues will gab about in the next few days to see if any of the above lives up to their hype.

• Like 4

My husband watches the Superbowl, so I'll be running for the pizza (our favorite place doesn't deliver)*.  I'll be in the room because I'm mildly interested in it (and become a little more interested the closer the game is), but I'll be reading my new book through most of it.  I do watch the commercials, though.  Usually, there's at least one or two that are really good amidst the bad and mediocre ones.

*He does the same for me on the night of the Academy Awards (we're PST, so it runs through dinner). 

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Anduin said:

💯 agree and always have. I have no idea which teams are even playing today.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

The only good thing about the Super Bowl is Puppy Bowl. I couldn't tell you what teams are playing in the Super Bowl this year, but you better believe I've checked out the starting lineup for Puppy Bowl. I'm Team Fluff this year, but it's not about which team wins, it's about watching cute little puppies frolicking. 

There's also the Kitten Bowl but unfortunately it's on that channel with Candace Cameron Bure now.

15 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

That commercial made no sense to me because I never watched The Sopranos.

1 hour ago, AstridM said:

💯 agree and always have. I have no idea which teams are even playing today.

My regular radio stations are in Philly and Wilmington so I have no choice about knowing that the Iggles are in the Super Bowl. 

• LOL 4
23 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

There's also the Kitten Bowl

Not anymore; it's been replaced with the Great American Rescue Bowl, which will have dogs, puppies, cats, and kittens (presumably not all at the same time).  And, yes, it's on that dreadful Candace Creme Brulee (as Kathleen Madigan calls her) channel.

I don't love football as much as I love cats because I don't love anything as much as I love cats, but I love football.  So I am all about the Super Bowl.  I've watched a little bit of the animal bowls during commercials, but only on mute -- I can't stand the music or the stupid blather.

I like that the commercials are online now.  Since I'm watching for the game, not the ads, I'm not always looking at the TV during commercial breaks -- I may be getting some food, or fresh air, or going to the bathroom.  There's always an article somewhere the next day with all the ads embedded, so I can watch the ones I read about but didn't catch.  There are usually only a few I like.  And, my gods, every single movie advertised during SBs for many years now has made me think, "I would stare at a blank wall for two hours before I'd see that movie."  Nothing but car chases, explosions, aliens, and comic book characters.  Pass.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

I never got the appeal of football regardless of whether it’s the regular season or the Super Bowl. It stops way too much for every little thing and I could never fully understand what was going on during play. I’m not a fan of the culture around it either to be honest. 

• Like 10

This year we got a good game.  (I didn't care who won so the controversial call is irrelevant to me.)  The commercials were all duds and the halftime show was boring.  The game kept me entertained.

• Like 6