Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Terms And Conditions

I love how Rothenberg thinks this utter load of out of character horseshit from Bellamy, Monty, Pike, and Kane is some nuanced layered morality play with like so many layers and angles. There were never any stakes here, Bellamy just did what the story wanted him to do until the time when the story wanted him to do the opposite. Killing babies COOL, killing Kane under legal procedure a step too far bruh. What in the entire actual fuck?

Luckily Raven being the all time bad ass that she is, was great to see, her fighting off the effects of ALIE and knowing she can't start making chips? Great hopefully she doesn't waver in the face of whatever Jaha has planned for her. And this is the most I've liked Jasper all season, reminding her of all she's lost via the City of Light, aka everything good and worth while, along with the bad/pain.

• Love 12

So now Bellamy's seen the light he's going to be on the "good" side now?! I'm so annoyed by this show. It's always had its moments of laziness and bad writing but the entire Pike/Brllamy thing has been a total mess from the start. I hope at least the Bellamy starting to turn on Pike means this arc is almost over.

I'm happy to see Harper again though, and I'm glad she's part of the resistance. Hope that doesn't mean that she bites it next episode. We all saw what happened when Monroe actually got some screen time.

At least my girl Raven remains awesome. She made Jasper somewhat tolerable and she managed start to break free of the CoL. I'm actually enjoying this story a lot more, not just because of the Raven factor but also because I can't tell where it's going unlike the Bellamy/Pike story.

Edited by dippydee
  • Love 2

Hey, show?  I think you might have not quite succeed with what you wanted to accomplish, when I find myself actually rooting for Kane to just run Bellamy over.  Oh, and him finally "seeing the light" is too little, to late, buddy.  At best, he's just an idiot who let himself get played like a fiddle.  At worst, he's an asshole who is cool with murdering Grounders; even defenseless ones; but only draws the line when it's one of his own.  That really isn't much better.  Hate to say it, but I really don't think they can ever fix this.  No way I can ever buy him as one of the good ones again.  Only hope would be him making an ultimate sacrifice at the end.  But if the show even tries to make him be accepted by Clarke again, I will call bullshit.

I'm glad at least Kane tried something, even if it ended up not working out.  I could watch Kane electrocuting Pike over and over again.  It's just frustrating because I think Henry Ian Cusick and Michael Beach are giving great performances, but the writing just isn't quite backing them up.

Hell yeah, Raven!  I honestly didn't see this coming.  Love her resisting the City of Light, and totally throwing ALIE and Jaha for a loop.  I knew Jasper could be good for something again!  But I really hope Raven starts making waves soon.  I think Lindsay Morgan is more then capable of doing that.

Oh, look: the show acknowledges that Lincoln still exists.  Poor guy.

Where in the hell was Abbie in all of this?  I would think she would be wanting in on the whole "Take out Pike" plan.  At least have a scene or something with Kane not wanting her near this incase it blows up in their face.  Is Paige Turco busy or something?  I mean, if she's busy filming Person of Interest, I could at least understand why she's kind of vanished lately.

I really hope they defeat Pike soon, because this is getting tiring and it's really hurting the Bellamy character more and more each episode.

• Love 6

Where's Abbey during all this? Granted I didn't notice her absence until nearly the end of the episode but surely she's part of the Resistance too.

I hope Bellamy not turning in Miller and Harper means we're nearing the end of this senseless storyline. I can only guess at the writers' motivation but if the intention was to turn fans off Bellamy they really should have written it better because out of character decisions and equally sudden heel turns just make me think they're bad at their job. 

This season is a mess. 

• Love 4

Oh look. In just a few short eps they're going to turn Bellamy into a Good Guy again. I suppose it's par for the course this season, given that nothing is earned and everything is about getting from Point A to Point B rather than giving storylines their proper due.

• Love 2

I love how Rothenberg thinks this utter load of out of character horseshit from Bellamy, Monty, Pike, and Kane is some nuanced layered morality play with like so many layers and angles. There were never any stakes here, Bellamy just did what the story wanted him to do until the time when the story wanted him to do the opposite. Killing babies COOL, killing Kane under legal procedure a step too far bruh. What in the entire actual fuck?

Oh look. In just a few short eps they're going to turn Bellamy into a Good Guy again. I suppose it's par for the course this season, given that nothing is earned and everything is about getting from Point A to Point B rather than giving storylines their proper due.

Trying to get Bellamy to be more sympathetic by gunning down two unarmed Grounders to open the episode really isn't helping.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

I love Raven as much as anyone else, but even more screen time w/ her isn't enough to make me actually enjoy an entire episode @ Arkadia, especially since even Clarke + Abbie shun that black hole of a plot.

I keep waiting for Lincoln to die...I saw some scuttlebutt that his mom was talking smack on the showrunners a while back.

i kept waiting for Miller to be killed and the internet to explode with rage at the death of a second gay character. I was sad that we finally got to see more of his boyfriend and he was on Pike's side.

I really wanted Kane to run down Bellamy. He knows if the Grounders don't get Pike they will probably wipe out Arkadia and so he's ok with sacrificing Pike but draws the line at sacrificing Bellamy? He probably die anyway if the Grounders attack.

Can you imagine how great the episode would have been if Kane had run down and killed Bellamy? Put an end to the annoying Arkadia Civil War and the ship war between Clexa and Bellarke fans at once! Two birds, one stone!

If JR had REALLY wanted to make an exciting show, he would have killed off Bellamy in this episode. Or at least maimed him a little.

• Love 2

My kiddo, who convinced me to watch this show, has quit watching due to the crap that this season is. Sadly I'm watching alone, but I find myself fast forwarding a lot. If things don't improve I doubt I'll keep it up. Most of the enjoyment is gone & this episode was no different in that regard. Blech.

• Love 1

Hey, Pike, I tend to agree with you that just handing yourself over to the Grounders might not end all of the tensions (for one thing, I'd think the Grounders would want everyone responsible for the latest massacre eventually, and second, killing Finn didn't stop the Grounders from betraying Clarke last season), but what's with this "They started it!" crap?

First, how old are you, five?  Second, no, they didn't - you did. This started with the Arkers/Grounders crash landing into Grounder territory, continued with fights escalating on both sides, continued with Abby deciding that sure, camping out at Mount Weather was an awesome idea even with others warning her that the Grounders would interpret that as a hostile act, and recently included you leading a group that murdered 300 people in their sleep and Bellamy killing two guys who were just doing their jobs, like, odd way to start your redemption tour there, Bellamy. Not saying that the Grounders have been 100% innocent in this, but this whole "They started it!" crap deserves just one answer, also from kindergarten: "Well, they were there first!"  

And most importantly, who cares who started it? The issue is, can you survive it? By your own account, you are now surrounded by a larger army that has cut off your water and food supply, and your main response is "they started it?"

Fortunately, Raven remains awesome.

• Love 3

I liked Raven fighting back and realizing she had no memories at all of Finn. She's stronger person than Jaha who is just fine not remembering his own son.

Kane should have just run over Bellamy. I was rooting for Kane to keep driving.

Bellamy suddenly now turning to the other side again is too little too late.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

Bellamy's characterization stopped making sense to me when he allowed Lincoln to be locked up. Lincoln's been more of a friend, brother, soldier, life-saver (his and his sister's) in this "war"/game of survival to Bellamy than any of the Ark residents in the history of Bellamy's life. How Bellamy was 'shocked' out of his trauma by Kane's mercy than by Lincoln's treatment is just... To quote blixie

"What in the entire actual fuck?"
  • Love 5

But with Bellamy, it's just a mess. His character does not just feel like a completely different person, but also like there is nobody in there anymore. He's just been a walking plot device this season and there is no way in hell that they can turn this around anymore.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. They made Pike and his posse too one-dimensionally evil and Bellamy falling in line with them was just an atrocious mess. Guess I have to watch this show like Vampire Diaries now where I could only enjoy the characters and the show by letting go of expectations about morals and celebrate it when someone did something decent.

In that vein, yay Bellamy, came to his senses. It doesn`t rectify this mess but at least I don`t have to watch him parrot Pike`s propaganda anymore.

Feel a bit conflicted because in terms of character development, Bellamy got WAY better material last year and in terms of acting challenges, I think Bob Morley is getting better stuff this year. So far, he has had great scenes and chemistry with both Kane and that one with Clarke. 

Kane not running him over, I think that was very poignant because when the show started Kane came across downright unlikeable and horrible up on the Ark. I believe both Pike and Bellamy reminded him of that, maybe Bellamy of a younger self and that is why he is trying so hard to reach him and why he couldn`t let go of that hope. The show probably didn`t intend it but I`m adopting it as head canon.

• Love 2

The writers should fall on their knees and thank Henry Ian Cusick because he made this episode somewhat tolerable through sheer acting skill.

Kane not running over Bellamy is one of those moments when you just sigh and say to yourself "Could you make the plot armour even more obvious guys?"

Pike is even more stupid than we previously thought. The Arkers have an extremely limited supply of ammunition and he still thinks they have a shot against an enemy who vastly outnumbers them?

In the middle of the episode I was convinced Monty was a double agent and Kane's move was to have him sabotage the rover by pretending to repair it after Sinclair's obvious diversionary attempt but I guess this would have made too much sense.

I can't believe that of all the shitty things Kane has done Pike chose to blame him for giving up Finn.

Why does ALIE need Jasper's info about passwords to hack computers? I mean, she did hack the nuclear missile control computers once upon a time, this should be piece of cake for it. Is its computing power so low now that it cannot even hack a simple password now? I got to say I did chuckle when ALIE said "I respect people's free will [even though I totally wipe all unpleasant memories without people's consent]". Deluded much?

I wonder what excuse they will come up to save Manpain!Bellamy from the wrath of the grounders? Killing envoys is surely something that grounders would think deserves death by a 1000 cuts.

How the hell did Bellamy reached the gate on foot faster than Kane who was in the rover?

Way to go, Raven!

But with Bellamy, it's just a mess. His character does not just feel like a completely different person, but also like there is nobody in there anymore. He's just been a walking plot device this season

He and about two dozens other characters. But Bellamy's case is particularly silly. I don't think he said a word about Octavia or Clarke this episode. I am not a fan of his so I can buy to an extent him becoming a murderous jerk (it\s not the first time this has happened) but what's with not caring at all about the people that have been by far most important for him in the previous two seasons? A very easy way to get to his heel-face turn would have been for Pike to pronounce a death sentence on Octavia for warning those villagers. What does Bellamy care about Kane? Wasn't Kane the one who ordered the execution of his mother?

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 1

but what's with this "They started it!" crap?

I agree that the Grounders did start the war, crash landing, that is not a military attack, NOR an act of war, it's an ACCIDENT where human people need HELP, not a spear to the chest as Jasper and multiple others received. We know that Lincoln finds this a fucked up response, and has never felt properly at home with Trikru because of it.

But, this entire story is contrived bullshit, it's a literal repeat of Mt Weather who didn't behave in politically believable ways re: Arkers, but at least Mt. Weather had a strategic advantage over it's enemies, the mountain, and the acid fog, and enough resources to out last any blockade. Pike, though is worse, this blind stupid dipfuck has NOTHING, not enough bullets, not enough bodies, not enough food and still we're supposed to believe he thinks it's better to make war on his neighbors than negotiate. And Bellamy following this idjit is even LESS believable since he's been through this TWICE, he knows they can't beat Grounders no matter how much he distrusts them generally. And all over some girl we met for five minutes? Naw, bitch. I love Bellamy and even I was rooting for Kane to run his ass over, I don't want him to die but some severely busted ribs are the very least he deserves for behaving like an idiot and murdering innocents. I really can not believe this story wasn't over we have to deal with one more episode of Rothenberg acting like Bellamy had some huge change of heart, and that it's the heart of HERO. NO. God just end it and pretend it never happened. Just let every all the other characters kick his (and Monty) ass at least once: Kane, Octavia, Lincoln, Indra, Clarke, oooh and Roan let Roan rain hell upon his skinny ass.

(it\s not the first time this has happened)

See I think this is one of the two big problems though certainly being irrational and violent is within his character, but the show went out of it's way to make a case that Bellamy had learned his "lesson", he asked Clarke to forgive him and moving forward he did seem to flinch from those kinds of behaviors, he pleaded with Clarke to find a way to defeat Mt. Weather w/o harming innocents, it was a HUGE character beat for him, one they effectively erased by having him fall under Pike's sway. Another key part of his character was resentment of Ark authority so him falling under any "adult" sway from the ark was also dumb as shit, and rings false. Finally yeah his biggest character defining attribute is being All About Octavia, and he not only hasn't seemed to give two fucks about her (or Lincoln), but he seems perfectly fine with Pike *targeting* her as the problem and source of subterfuge. NO Rothenberg, NOOOOOOPE. I do think there was a story to be told about Bellamy regressing (and Monty as well) without Clarke around to share in the "burden" of what they all did TOGETHER, that the 100 truly need each other to function, but that's not the story JR just told, instead he turned every one into walking plot devices and made this show into a disappointing mess.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 3

On the positive side, I was impressed by the double-fakeout where we saw that Pike was dictating a fake plan into the spy device and it looked like Sinclair fell for it, only for us to discover that pretending to fall for the plan to get thrown in the brig was his plan all along. I mean, my standards for this show are low, so I thought there was a possibility that Kane and Sinclair really fell for the fake plan and was pleasantly surprised when that wasn't true... although, why their fake-fake plan had to involve Kane pretending to read a book in the middle of the garage I don't know...

On the negative side, pretty much everything else. Like everyone, I was cheering for Kane to run over Bellamy and disappointed when he didn't. I don't understand Bellamy's sense of right and wrong, for real. By the end of the episode he's clutching his pearls because Pike's going to execute Kane, but WTF did he think was going to happen? I mean, he comes from a culture where capital punishment is commonplace. I know there was that brief scene at the beginning where Pike said "We're not on the Ark" and didn't execute Sinclair, but why is that even important to Bellamy? If he doesn't mind killing two random Grounders why does he mind killing a traitor who tried to kidnap and murder the Chancellor? I don't understand him at all.

I've suspected for a while that Paige Turco is on some kind of limited shooting schedule, because Abby is suspiciously absent sometimes when she should really be there, but... couldn't they make up a throw-away explanation for why Abby can't participate in any of this? Like Kane doesn't want to bring her into it, or she's locked in a lab studying the CoL chips, or maybe that scouting party that was randomly murdered at the start of the episode was actually just gravely injured and she's busy in the infirmary the whole time?

And finally -- has anyone considered that maybe Raven doesn't remember Finn because Finn was super boring? Or is that just why I don't remember Finn?

• Love 1

Has anyone read the books that this series is based upon? I'm still backlogged on reading but I'm willing to give it a chance. I don't mind Bellamy now being bi but I'm opposed to him throwing Cain under-fire and not dealing, when he has his sister's baggage.

I hope they don't try to throw in another season because this season is just going so bad. I hope this isn't in a book because it's also so bad.

Has anyone read the books that this series is based upon? I'm still backlogged on reading but I'm willing to give it a chance. I don't mind Bellamy now being bi but I'm opposed to him throwing Cain under-fire and not dealing, when he has his sister's baggage.

I hope they don't try to throw in another season because this season is just going so bad. I hope this isn't in a book because it's also so bad.

I've read the first book and to say they're vastly differently is an understatement. I think the book was written while the show was it's planning stages which explains why they only share the same basic premise and the names of people and places.

Maybe the second book is more in line with the show idk. 

• Love 1

I get where people are coming from with the Bellamy Good Guy/Bad Guy storyline, but here's why I don't hate it. Bellamy has had to be an adult of sorts for most of his life. He had to co-parent his little sister (and take on a lot of the stress of hiding her), then when they landed on Earth he became a de facto leader of a band of screw-ups who then looked to him to be a *real* leader when the shit went down, and it's only snowballed from there. And his efforts didn't go well--Mom got floated, Octavia went to lockup, a lot of the 100 got killed, etc. etc. 

Then along comes a charismatic, experienced teacher from his past who tells him, "I'll handle it from here. You don't need to make any of the serious decisions or take on any of the responsibility anymore--just follow me and everything will be OK. Everything that's going wrong? It's the fault of Those People. Simple." I think that someone like Bellamy would be realllly susceptible to Pike's line. So while I don't think it's *right* that he's going along with Team Pike, I do think it's understandable. For now, anyway.

• Love 5

More real life parallels in this episode, from spying on your own people (current day NSA), to turning in friends and neighbors that aren't "on the right side" (I'm thinking of the Nazi's but I imagine there are other situations).  Its interesting to think that with humanity getting the chance to "start over" that people would make the same mistakes they made the first time.

i kept waiting for Miller to be killed and the internet to explode with rage at the death of a second gay character. I was sad that we finally got to see more of his boyfriend and he was on Pike's side.

I really wanted Kane to run down Bellamy. He knows if the Grounders don't get Pike they will probably wipe out Arkadia and so he's ok with sacrificing Pike but draws the line at sacrificing Bellamy? He probably die anyway if the Grounders attack.

After watching the episode and reading this board a few weeks ago I can understand why people are a little put off by Miller's relationship with his boyfriend.  I have never seen so many side "dude bro" hugs than between those two.  I imagine that someone must read these boards which is why the two actually kissed, but it sort of came out of nowhere since they do basically side hug and sit side by side without even touching thighs when they are together.  Its hard to buy the two of them as a couple.  You could always feel the sexual tension between Clarke and Lexa....Miller and his bf?  Not so much.

• Love 1

Then along comes a charismatic, experienced teacher from his past who tells him, "I'll handle it from here. You don't need to make any of the serious decisions or take on any of the responsibility anymore--just follow me and everything will be OK. Everything that's going wrong? It's the fault of Those People. Simple."

I don't find Pike charismatic. The actor is doing a fine job but I am not sure that he is even supposed to be all that charismatic. If Bellamy needed someone with charisma to follow blindly he could have picked Kane or Jaha. Also, he seems to have more responsibilities under Pike's regime than under Kane/Abby.

Also, Bellamy believing that all grounders are scum would have been so much more believable if the story was not so rushed and plot driven. Imagine if some time was spent investigating if the destruction of Mt Weather was actually ordered by Lexa and not by some rogue clan. Or if Clarke and Octavia were not some of the biggest believers in the idea of the grounders being more than just a bunch violent savages. Let's say Clarke keeps her Lexa grudge for longer and then Lincoln gets killed so Octavia becomes bitter towards the grounder leadership as well. Or something like that, I am sure a bunch of professional writers could have come up with a much more compelling reason for Bellamy's behaviour than good ol' fridging of a woman we hardly ever saw on screen. But not only did they not do that but they had Bellamy and Pike sneak into Polis, murder some guards along the way - and then what ? Through the magic of plot contrivance they were free to leave - which somehow did nothing to change their opinion that all grounders were murderous savages. They saw how divided the grounders leadership was but instead of playing one clan against the other they decided to give them a great reason to unite against Arkadia. They knew they didn't have enough ammunition or food for a protracted struggle but went ahead with their pre-emptive strike massacre anyway.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 2

I learned something about Bellamy this episode. Basically, he's on the side against whoever most recently killed (or threatened to kill) someone he cares about. Kane's life being potentially in danger was enough to get him against Pike. If he finds out that Titus tried to kill Clarke, he'll probably swing back.

I have come around before on characters I thought were irredeemable, but I don't know about this one. I feel like the best Bellamy can hope for from me is the kind of conflicted feelings I still have about Spike. James Marsters' charisma makes it impossible for me to fully hate him, but that doesn't mean I ever forgave him for some things. I don't know if I find Bob Morley charismatic enough for even that, though. I guess we'll see.

Hey, Pike, I tend to agree with you that just handing yourself over to the Grounders might not end all of the tensions (for one thing, I'd think the Grounders would want everyone responsible for the latest massacre eventually, and second, killing Finn didn't stop the Grounders from betraying Clarke last season), but what's with this "They started it!" crap?

First, how old are you, five? Second, no, they didn't - you did. This started with the Arkers/Grounders crash landing into Grounder territory, continued with fights escalating on both sides, continued with Abby deciding that sure, camping out at Mount Weather was an awesome idea even with others warning her that the Grounders would interpret that as a hostile act, and recently included you leading a group that murdered 300 people in their sleep and Bellamy killing two guys who were just doing their jobs, like, odd way to start your redemption tour there, Bellamy. Not saying that the Grounders have been 100% innocent in this, but this whole "They started it!" crap deserves just one answer, also from kindergarten: "Well, they were there first!"

And most importantly, who cares who started it? The issue is, can you survive it? By your own account, you are now surrounded by a larger army that has cut off your water and food supply, and your main response is "they started it?"

Fortunately, Raven remains awesome.

Fantastic ❗

Both Bellamy and Kane were paramours to semi-psychopathic plots and dabblers in dubious deeds at the onset of this series. They both were 'redeemed' by the program's facilitators, and the viewers accepted that 'redemption' over the numerous subsequent episodes. Why❓

Viewers can be fickleISH.

Jaha is continuously ridiculed, scorned, and almost reviled despite his compassion and attempts at judicious governance in an extremely tenuous living situation during the earlier season(s). This is never acknowledged by the viewers. Why❓

So, despite the wailing and gnashing of teeth, I expect a lot will be forgiven by the public.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 1

learned something about Bellamy this episode. Basically, he's on the side against whoever most recently killed (or threatened to kill) someone he cares about.

Which would make more sense if Pike weren't vaguely threatening Octavia in every episode this season. The more I think about this assassination of Bellamy as a character the angrier I get. The idea that Pike and girlfriend we knew for two episodes and now KANE matter more to Bellamy than Octavia and Clarke is not even supported by this seasons text in which Bellamy abandons girlfriend we just met for two episodes to go save Clarke with a head snapping quickness. I get that they're trying to say he feels GUILTY for abandoning girlfriend we just met for two episodes and then she died horribly, but WHATEVS Rothenberg. WHATEVS.

• Love 3

Which would make more sense if Pike weren't vaguely threatening Octavia in every episode this season.

Has he explicitly threatened outright, though, or just implied? Because right about now, I'm not sure I think highly enough of Bellamy's intelligence to believe he'd pick up on mere implication.

Well vague means implied. So no he hasn't said I'm going after your sister, but Pike's brought Octavia up every time he's had an issue with the Grounders and those who are creating subterfuge within Arkadia. Again old Bellamy was certainly smart enough to pick up on mere implication, if anything he was too finely tuned into ANY sign his personal objectives were in danger (Keeping himself and Octavia alive, protecting Victoria, even in the mountain he was wary of Clarke asking him to murder the people who had helped them).

I think poor Bob Morely has stated he just "had to make it work" and he's tried to do that by giving Bellamy conflicted constipated face every time Pike asks him to do something dumb OR do the "what about your SISTER" schtick, or the writing has him choose to do something dumb (shoot the two emissarys). I think he's gone with the idea that a) Bellamy does distrust the grounders b) he's out of communication with Clarke, and that has destabilized his behavior, c) he's the reason girlfriend of two episodes died, and part of that was because he trusted grounders, all of that has made him susceptible to Pike and to generalized idiocy. Bob giving Bellamy, the morally pained faces is the only way to protest the whole storyline, and hang on to any sort of redemption angle for Bellamy.

Octavia betrayed the Arkadians by warning those villagers about the imminent attack. There is absolutely no reason other than plot contrivance for Pike and his minions to not immediately proclaim that she would suffer the death penalty if caught. Even if Pike failed to do such an obvious thing, Bellamy should have reached the obvious conclusion or at least asked Pike what he intended to do about Octavia. It is absurd that Bellamy's wake up call was not that but Kane's death sentence instead.

• Love 1

Trying to get Bellamy to be more sympathetic by gunning down two unarmed Grounders to open the episode really isn't helping.

"I've seen this before".

He said it more than once and I was thinking he was finally going to have some sort of epiphany. Like he understands the Grounders and why they do what they do and that maybe Pike's way isn't the right way. And then he gunned them down, which will only make the situation worse. I can't even with what they're doing with this character.

but what's with this "They started it!" crap?

First, how old are you, five?  Second, no, they didn't - you did. And most importantly, who cares who started it? The issue is, can you survive it? By your own account, you are now surrounded by a larger army that has cut off your water and food supply, and your main response is "they started it?"

Yeah like the Palestinians "started" their conflict with Israel. (Oops, I did it)

Bellamy's characterization stopped making sense to me when he allowed Lincoln to be locked up. Lincoln's been more of a friend, brother, soldier, life-saver (his and his sister's) in this "war"/game of survival to Bellamy than any of the Ark residents in the history of Bellamy's life. How Bellamy was 'shocked' out of his trauma by Kane's mercy than by Lincoln's treatment is just... To quote blixie

The deliberate contrast from him handing Lincoln the guard jacket in the first episode to locking him up in this one was obviously deliberate but just made him look even worse. He was the one who encouraged Lincoln's integration, he treated him like a brother, and now he betrays him in the worst way?

I hated Bellamy in the first season. Then they made me love him and now they're destroying that character and it's made me really angry.

I've tolerated this asshole pretty boy Bellamy for three seasons now.   He's no better than a Hitler youth at this point so why does the show keep trying to make it seem like he's following some personal code of doing what's right for everyone thus justifying mass murder and betrayal of people he once stood alongside?   What a load of horseshit, or does what the character says even matter anymore so long as they can get tight shots of him clenching his jaw? 

Edited by millennium
On 18.11.2016 at 3:37 AM, millennium said:

He's no better than a Hitler youth at this point

I don't think it's really appropriate to call a character of color played by an actor of color "Hitler youth" but at the same time forgive everything that Clarke, white privileged female lead, did at TonDC and Mt Weather, which were to instances of the actual genocide right there. Racism is very real in this fandom, and very real for the actor who played Bellamy, and who was attacked and called racial slurs during season 3 for doing his job.

Edit for clarification.

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 2

It never occurred to me that Bob Morley is an "actor of color" (I thought he was Australian) so any racist-oriented criticism of my observation is way off the mark.

By "Hitler Youth," I was referring to Bellamy's hatred of a different people (the Grounders), his misguided belief that they were responsible for all of Arkadia's woes, and his blind adherence to orders.

I never thought I'd see the day when I missed Clarke. She's supposed to be the main lead, so I definitely missed her. She's far better than 80% of these assholes, and she's killed so many people. 

Bellamy's just...urg, I can't stand him at this point. I'm interested to see HOW they could possibly redeem him. They have done it successfully with many of their characters so far, but then again, almost none of them have gone to the lengths that Bellamy has. I mean, Finn came very close, and he paid with his life. Clarke certainly deserves better than him, if they really are going to continue with a romance down the line with them. He also did nothing to protect his sister. He knew who the traitor was. If Pike figured out it was Octavia, what would Bellamy do? It would be too late to do anything at that point. I wish Kane ran his ass over. Maybe he could have just survived, hit his head hard enough and revert him back to his late season 1 self. I miss when he hated following the rules of the adults and he trusted his gut in order to survive. He was a better antagonist in season 1; here, he's just a coward and it's pathetic to watch. 

Seriously, does Pike hear himself? He killed hundreds of people for no reason. They kill two of his people and he declares war? I am so ready for Titus to come in and shoot him in the chest. Ouch, that might have been too soon, but Pike caused a lot of this to happen. He declared war on the Grounders, which caused Lexa to declare peace because of her feelings for Clarke, which caused Titus to retaliate. Ok, it's on Titus for what he did...but I still want to blame Pike, just because.

Ok, if we could save Raven, Abby, Kane, Harper, Lincoln, and Miller, and then bomb the rest of Arkadia, that would be great. What the hell is up with Monty? I thought he might have just joined for his mother, but just been eyes and ears for Kane. But nope, he's a traitor too. He almost had a good arc going there with his living mother, too. 

I did kind of enjoy the Raven/Jasper pairing. He was likable, especially when he was looking at Raven like she was the crazy one. I also love how he got Raven to snap out of it. It was clear he did it deliberately, which made me like Jasper for the first time in a while....actually, ever. 

The episode felt too long. I was really struggling to find scenes to keep me interested. Although the Grounder takeover led by Kane was fantastic. He's looking a lot like Hugh Jackman's Wolverine these days.

Goddamnit, Kane. You should have just ran Bellamy over. 

• Love 1