Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Not Easy To Love

• Start Topic

t's not everyone's responsibility to try to push the person towards sobriety. But by the same token nobody has to follow Kim's script--and she's rarely without a script. 

It seemed to be everyone's responsibility last season. Now that was some heavy handed NON-enabling I tell ya and very rough to watch I have to say. I would chalk those attempts up as a "what doesn't work" intervention. Cringe worthy.

• Love 2

Every time I kind of sort of like Kyle, I remember that she showed her TRUE colors on Game Night.  She is a mean girl at heart. 

LVP falls back into that because she thinks she has everyone fooled.  I think everyone can see what a manipulative, lying ass she really is.

Who is everyone? Because if "everyone" knows Lisa is manipulative, it would seem to me that she shouldn't be able to manipulate anyone, anymore.

• Love 19
It seemed to be everyone's responsibility last season. Now that was some heavy handed NON-enabling I tell ya and very rough to watch I have to say. I would chalk those attempts up as a "what doesn't work" intervention. Cringe worthy.

And they certainly didn't have to do that. They could have just nodded and agreed with Kim that she'd been sober for 3 years. But it wasn't their responsibility to do that either. I think their claims that they just cared about her so much that they felt they had to save her were totally disingenuous (and would have no problem with Kim calling them on that), but had no problem with people letting Kim know they didn't buy whatever lie she was telling at the time. 

• Love 9
(edited)

You cannot swing a dead cat in my family without hitting an alcoholic.  One thing I know is you just have to love what you can about them and allow them to live their lives.  There is nothing you can say or do to fix it.   I am surprised that Kyle has not heard this bit of wisdom.  

Absolutely, 100%.  She should join a support group - maybe Al-Anon?  I have heard good and bad things about it, but she definitely needs some guidance - she does not seem to understand that this is how Kim will be for the rest of her life.  It is day to day.

Interestingly, on Brandi's podcast (or maybe it was Brandi on another person's podcast), she basically said just that.  Brandi gets it.  She said that she is friends with Kim, and Kim is doing well but will not make empty promises - she takes her sobriety day by day.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 7

Who is everyone? Because if "everyone" knows Lisa is manipulative, it would seem to me that she shouldn't be able to manipulate anyone, anymore.

I think that is just it - the ladies are calling her out because they see it.  We all see it.  Even what we don't see, we put the pieces together. 

• Love 2

Absolutely, 100%.  She should join a support group - maybe Al-Anon?  I have heard good and bad things about it, but she definitely needs some guidance - she does not seem to understand that this is how Kim will be for the rest of her life.  It is day to day.

Interestingly, on Brandi's podcast (or maybe it was Brandi on another person's podcast), she said just that.  She is friends with Kim, and Kim is doing well but will not make empty promises - she takes her sobriety day by day.

Kyle has said that when Kim was in rehab, before last seasons filming, she attended the family counseling sessions, so I do think she knows to do this but that doesn't make it easy to do.

As for Brandi's comment, it is really easy for her to say this as she didn't and still doesn't have to deal with the realities of the damage Kim is doing to her kids or even to herself (Kim) health wise. That can NOT be said for Kyle or Kathy, at all IMO.

• Love 7

Interestingly, on Brandi's podcast (or maybe it was Brandi on another person's podcast), she basically said just that.  Brandi gets it.  She said that she is friends with Kim, and Kim is doing well but will not make empty promises - she takes her sobriety day by day.

See this is one thing I did really feel Brandi got a bad wrap about. You can accept someone flaws and all, not judge, not ask too many questions and just be there without it being a bad thing. The only reason Brandi's "involvement" got so "inappropriate" was because Kyle didn't like that Brandi and Kim were close. I get that Brandi made some crazy wrong claims but that's Brandi and the stupid one that poked that particular crazy into spouting this that and the other was Kyle because it just didn't sit well with Kyle that Kim had someone else to confide in that didn't judge her therefore undermining Kyle's decision to be less enabling, which was her right of course. I really think Brandi, and don't shoot me, but I really think Brandi got caught in the crossfire unfairly and I think she had every right to offer up her type of friendship to Kim and I think Kim had every right to accept it at the time. Problem was it conflicted with where Kyle was at with her sister and her struggles and Kyle handled all of that poorly. For all of Brandi's faults I truly believe she was really offering Kim genuine friendship. I really do.

• Love 4
(edited)

I took, "we need to be really fucking good" to mean, is this the last time we're going to have this dumb ass conversation?

That's exactly what she meant. I really wanted to like Eileen and I do, sometimes, but for fuck's sake stop blowing shit out of proportion and relax.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 16
The only reason Brandi's "involvement" got so "inappropriate" was because Kyle didn't like that Brandi and Kim were close.

It was not just that Brandi and Kim were close and Kim confiding in somebody else. Brandi is not just Kim's friend that Kyle doesn't like. 

• Love 5
(edited)

As for Brandi's comment, it is really easy for her to say this as she didn't and still doesn't have to deal with the realities of the damage Kim is doing to her kids or even to herself (Kim) health wise. That can NOT be said for Kyle or Kathy, at all IMO.

Easy or not I'm sure it's a welcome relief to Kim. I think its ok for Kim to have people around that aren't as intensely invested in her sobriety and I think she should be able to accept a friendship if it's offered to her even if it is Brandi Glanville. Brandi explaining her friendship with Kim doesn't have to be associated with Kyle's plight as Kim's sister. They're two separate things.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

They're two separate things.

Not really, their friendship has had a direct impact on Kyle and on Kyle/Kim's sister relationship because Brandi used Kim's anger at Kyle for info on/about Kyle/family. Brandi went against her own friend's, Jennifer, who IS a drug rehab therapist, advice about Kim's ongoing abuse.

IMO, if Kim stopped telling Kyle's secrets, the Richard family secrets, to Brandi, Brandi would drop her like a 1 ton lead balloon. Brandi hates Kyle far more than she cares about Kim.

• Love 16

Maybe Kyle shouldn't be so invested in Kim's friendship with Brandi. That can only lead to bad things and the sisters have enough on their plate as is without continuing to harbor ill will over lesser offenses. It's the pissing contest that gets these girls in trouble time and time again. This need to acknowledge and mend any and all slights big and small is continuous and they keep getting in their own way. They need to stop squabbling over the peas and get to the meat and potatoes but instead they derail into offenses that just aren't what they should be putting their energy into.  

• Love 4

I think it'd be best if all the Real Housewives stuck with small dogs. Golden Retrievers are very trainable, the potato stealing probably shouldn't be happening.

Well we spent years trying to train our lovely--and enterprising--Golden not to steal food.  Nothing worked.  And as we were more careful about keeping it away from her she got better at prizing open tupperwares and reaching up high to 'accidentally' knock down stuff we were certain was out of reach.  I cannot count the times I reached into her mouth to pull out some delicious human-food morsel she wanted for herself.  She was very good-humoured about it.  And we were not lazy or cavalier dog-owners.  Goldens in particular are known for this kind of behaviour and it's hard sometimes to train them out of it without going to lengths we would not go to.

Goddamit now I want to go out and get a Golden again.  My cats would not have a sense of humour about that...

• Love 20

Well we spent years trying to train our lovely--and enterprising--Golden not to steal food.  Nothing worked.  And as we were more careful about keeping it away from her she got better at prizing open tupperwares and reaching up high to 'accidentally' knock down stuff we were certain was out of reach.  I cannot count the times I reached into her mouth to pull out some delicious human-food morsel she wanted for herself.  She was very good-humoured about it.  And we were not lazy or cavalier dog-owners.  Goldens in particular are known for this kind of behaviour and it's hard sometimes to train them out of it without going to lengths we would not go to.

Goddamit now I want to go out and get a Golden again.  My cats would not have a sense of humour about that...

Yep, my Goldens will swear up and down that they have never eaten a day in their life.....never been fed. Poor me, feed me please.....lol. I usually end up giving them a healthy treat (baby carrots or broccoli) or dog treats but if they had it their way it would be non-stop food (eat until sick).

• Love 7

See this is one thing I did really feel Brandi got a bad wrap about. You can accept someone flaws and all, not judge, not ask too many questions and just be there without it being a bad thing. The only reason Brandi's "involvement" got so "inappropriate" was because Kyle didn't like that Brandi and Kim were close. I get that Brandi made some crazy wrong claims but that's Brandi and the stupid one that poked that particular crazy into spouting this that and the other was Kyle because it just didn't sit well with Kyle that Kim had someone else to confide in that didn't judge her therefore undermining Kyle's decision to be less enabling, which was her right of course. I really think Brandi, and don't shoot me, but I really think Brandi got caught in the crossfire unfairly and I think she had every right to offer up her type of friendship to Kim and I think Kim had every right to accept it at the time. Problem was it conflicted with where Kyle was at with her sister and her struggles and Kyle handled all of that poorly. For all of Brandi's faults I truly believe she was really offering Kim genuine friendship. I really do.

I don't think Brandi got enough flack for the way she treated Kim last season. I can't stand either of the women but from Kim's warped perspective (the perspective that feels her sobriety should be 100% off limits no matter how much she shoves the lack of sobriety in people's faces) Brandi did exactly what some of the other women did last season but she conveniently chooses to ignore that fact. Brandi let the world know that Kim wasn't sober during the conversation with Lisa Rinna and tried to turn it around on Rinna when she was the one who brought Kim's sobriety up in the first place. Brandi was the one who made it seem like Kim doesn't have close friends (believable but certainly not a nice thing for a friend to say by any stretch of the imagination) and Brandi was the one who gave Kim shit when Kim indicated that she didn't want to have to choose between Kyle and Brandi. Brandi didn't act like an understanding friend. She made it clear that she wanted Kim to choose her over her sister so I thought that was a blatant example of Brandi wanting to come between Kim and Kyle.

Brandi lied to Kim, she outed her and pretended that she didn't, she tried to damage her relationship with her sister, she encouraged Kim's asshole behavior during Poker Night, she said that Kingsley bit her (I'm not mad at Brandi for this, that's the right thing to do IMO if it happened. The point is that given how sensitive Kim is over Kingsley it's interesting that Brandi gets a pass from Kim for accusing Kingsley of biting her.) Brandi would regularly drink to excess around Kim. It's one thing to not deny yourself when you're with an addict but to routinely be wasted? Is that really being a good friend? Even Brandi questioned that. 

I don't believe that Brandi's motives regarding Kim are sincere on any level and I firmly believe that there were two reasons Brandi decided to become besties with Kim last season. The first reason is because she needed another "friend" to film with her apart from Yolanda. She decided straightaway that she was threatened by Eileen and knew she's burned her bridges with the others. The second reason was to irritate Kyle. I think Brandi's decision to cozy up to Kathy was similar.

• Love 21

This episode was such a snooze.

Eileen.............same shit, different day

Yolanda.........same shit, different day

Kyle & Kim....same shit, different day

Kathryn.........shame on you for discussing your mom's personal health on camera

Erika.............go away....you are tiresome

LisaR............please calm the fuck down. How does Harry stand you?

LisaV...........love the horse house. You do not have a big ass, you look great.

If Brandi and Kim return, I am out. I cannot take Kyle & Kim's whining, and Brandi is trash.

So, are there really rumors that Harry is gay? I mean other than Kim?

Loved Kyle's dog....what a sweetie. I have a 125 pound Rhodesian Ridgeback and have pulled things out of her mouth. I also share people food with her. I also think Portia is a doll.

• Love 13

Labs are the same! Our old lab was a notorious thief, even things he would never eat, like pens and the remote, anything to get our attention! LOL

I don't think Brandi got enough flack for the way she treated Kim last season. I can't stand either of the women but from Kim's warped perspective (the perspective that feels her sobriety should be 100% off limits no matter how much she shoves the lack of sobriety in people's faces) Brandi did exactly what some of the other women did last season but she conveniently chooses to ignore that fact. Brandi let the world know that Kim wasn't sober during the conversation with Lisa Rinna and tried to turn it around on Rinna when she was the one who brought Kim's sobriety up in the first place. Brandi was the one who made it seem like Kim doesn't have close friends (believable but certainly not a nice thing for a friend to say by any stretch of the imagination) and Brandi was the one who gave Kim shit when Kim indicated that she didn't want to have to choose between Kyle and Brandi. Brandi didn't act like an understanding friend. She made it clear that she wanted Kim to choose her over her sister so I thought that was a blatant example of Brandi wanting to come between Kim and Kyle.

Brandi lied to Kim, she outed her and pretended that she didn't, she tried to damage her relationship with her sister, she encouraged Kim's asshole behavior during Poker Night, she said that Kingsley bit her (I'm not mad at Brandi for this, that's the right thing to do IMO if it happened. The point is that given how sensitive Kim is over Kingsley it's interesting that Brandi gets a pass from Kim for accusing Kingsley of biting her.) Brandi would regularly drink to excess around Kim. It's one thing to not deny yourself when you're with an addict but to routinely be wasted? Is that really being a good friend? Even Brandi questioned that. 

I don't believe that Brandi's motives regarding Kim are sincere on any level and I firmly believe that there were two reasons Brandi decided to become besties with Kim last season. The first reason is because she needed another "friend" to film with her apart from Yolanda. She decided straightaway that she was threatened by Eileen and knew she's burned her bridges with the others. The second reason was to irritate Kyle. I think Brandi's decision to cozy up to Kathy was similar.

^^^^This!^^^ Oh, and don't forget that Brandi made it sound like Kim was suicidal to LisaR during that conversation. THE only reason Brandi slid up to Kim in the first place was to get dirt on Kyle, not to be real friends with Kim. Her, Brandi's, hatred of Kyle is THAT deep/sick that she got info from an addicts warped mind to use as ammo against Kyle and she did it with glee. She has stuck with Kim as a "friend" because she would loose a lot of her "fans" if she dropped her now, it is not like Brandi has much to do with Kim in real life, it only happens when Brandi needs to get her name in the tabloids, otherwise, nothing.

• Love 9

I see this completely opposite. Brandi aligned herself with Kim because she pretty much shit the bed with everyone else and then made excuses for Kim when it was obvious she was using again.  Not only did she act as Kim's biggest enabler, but she got in between her their relationship and seemed to poison Kim against Kylie at Eileen's house.    

• Love 12

http://i.imgur.com/hxpQM99.jpg

C'mon get a golden, your cats will love it!

• Love 4

I see this completely opposite. Brandi aligned herself with Kim because she pretty much shit the bed with everyone else and then made excuses for Kim when it was obvious she was using again.  Not only did she act as Kim's biggest enabler, but she got in between her their relationship and seemed to poison Kim against Kylie at Eileen's house.    

She also tried to con LisaR into setting up an intervention for Kim by suggesting that they do one for everyone so Kim didn't feel ganged up on. And I have always suspected that she did the same with Yolanda and that was why Yolanda wanted everyone to share something imperfect about their lives at that dinner in Amsterdam. Plus, the way she wound Kim up before they got on the plane by telling Kim that Lisa Rinna wanted to do an intervention for her. Nothing Brandi did was out of caring for Kim. It seemed to be a way to use Kim for drama when the other women wouldn't play with her anymore. Plus, I think she loved that she could get Kim to choose her over Kyle.

• Love 12
(edited)

Yep, my Goldens will swear up and down that they have never eaten a day in their life.....never been fed. Poor me, feed me please.....lol. I usually end up giving them a healthy treat (baby carrots or broccoli) or dog treats but if they had it their way it would be non-stop food (eat until sick).

I think all household pets hold a convention to share tips on how to best con people into thinking they live a life of abuse and starvation. My childhood cat used to stand by her empty food bowl (that she emptied personally into her stomach) and mew pathetically to every single person who entered the room like someone forgot to feed her. I have a cockatiel who has literally never been without food in his entire life of 11 years that that harasses me when I change his water or switch out his already full dish of food to a fresh full dish of food. He runs down my arm as I fill the dish and starts eating it like he has to take any opportunity he can get before it disappears.

Topic: I see you, Bambi.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 16
(edited)

Is that the case with their friendship now I wonder? Although I don't agree with the idea that all the hijinx that was escalated because of the show and for the sake of pushing dramatic storylines was an exact depiction of Kim and Brandi's friendship and I would only guess that there are not nearly as many scandalously details in their actual interactions now that they aren't on the show anymore, away from all the scrutiny and being a constant topic of conversation of their former castmates. I would expect they just carry on as normal friends and do normal things in between Kim's struggle with addiction and not sit around plotting world domination a la Pinky and the Brain. :-) But that's just my guess.

Edited by Yours Truly

Is that the case with their friendship now I wonder? Although I don't agree with the idea that all the hijinx that was escalated because of the show and for the sake of pushing dramatic storylines was an exact depiction of Kim and Brandi's friendship and I would only guess that there are not nearly as many scandalously details in their actual interactions now that they aren't on the show anymore, away from all the scrutiny and being a constant topic of conversation of their former castmates. I would expect they just carry on as normal friends and do normal things in between Kim's struggle with addiction and not sit around plotting world domination a la Pinky and the Brain. :-) But that's just my guess.

Well, given that Brandi seems to be quite the addict herself (or at best a sloppy drunk), I think they probably did bond.  

• Love 4
it just didn't sit well with Kyle that Kim had someone else to confide in that didn't judge her therefore undermining Kyle's decision to be less enabling,

I forgot to address this. I don't think this is true. Kyle's mentioned being thankful to Adrienne for being Kim's friend and we saw Kim confide in Adrienne. I think Kyle has seen again and again that Brandi is a toxic person and there's no way that such a toxic person would ever do Kim any good. 

I am positive that there is a massive amount of shit talking that makes up the bulk of Brandi's friendship with Kim (and Kathy). Not just about Kyle, I'm sure they have things to say about the other women, Andy, production in general. But Brandi very much indicated that she got dirt on Kyle from off screen conversations with Kathy and Kim. I'm sure Kim had plenty to say about Kyle supposedly not being there for her. (How would Brandi know for sure that Kyle hasn't been there for Kim at all unless she's hearing that directly from Kim? It's not like Brandi is with Kim all of the time.) Similarly, I absolutely think that Brandi was told during a nasty gossiping session that Mauricio is a thief who fucked over sweet, hard working, and generous Rick Hilton. 

• Love 9

Except that until Mauricio sent Brandi a C&D letter, SHE was tweeting things she got from Kim on Kyle/family and that was well after filming/reunion was over, even after she was fired as a full time HW. So YES, Brandi used Kim for info/dirt on Kyle because her hatred of Kyle runs THAT deep. After the C&D letter, she would only tweet about Kim when her "fans/followers" asked about Kim and within a day or 2 of them asking, she would call Kim or meet up with her, then tweet that she "just" spoke to/saw her, otherwise nothing.

• Love 11

Bambi and her tennis ball made me think of the movie Spanglish.   "Don't throw the ball!"  It is obnoxious to own a ball obsessed dog but fun to watch Bambi show up at gatherings with one in her mouth looking for a sucker.  

Mine sleeps with her ball shoved in her barkhole and also barks with it in there.  She will drop it to eat and drink.  I've given up on being surprised finding balls in weird places.  Her absolute favorite ball (a tennis ball type with little pictures of bones on it) is currently stuck behind the refrigerator and it is the bane of my existence.  I'm getting tired enough of her sitting with her nose between the fridge and the wall crying that I'm thinking about emptying the fridge out and moving it to get the ball.  There are probably at least a dozen balls stashed around the house, but that one is her absolute favorite.  We recently when to my dad's house and she hasn't been there in a year, but within 15 minutes had found all the balls she stashed in the backyard on her last visit.  She enjoys playing catch, but likes just holding them in her mouth more.  She can't figure out that the dryer balls are not for her, so I have to be careful not to drop them when doing laundry or I end up finding them in random places.

She hates Giggy and Wacka, but hasn't gone crazy when Kyle's dogs are on TV yet.  She also hates Lisa's ponies.

• Love 13
(edited)

I think some of Brandi's friendship with Kim is definitely a power move on Brandi's part. She needed someone to film with and she needed a way to piss off Kyle. However, it did strike me as genuine when Kim mentioned offhandedly that she was relieved when Brandi invited her to a BBQ or to watch her boys play soccer--and those were among what I am assuming are multiple moments that she didn't tweet about. I think she's a dangerous friend for Kim in that Brandi is very much a promoter of the heavy drinking culture, but on the flip side if Kim did have a drink or act sloppy/aggressive I don't think she'd be complaining about being terrorized by Kim Jong Richards two years later. Then again, if Kim pissed her off she'd tell people she had a slip-up as revenge and then renege claiming she's sorry. Basically, Brandi is an unreliable friend to Kim as she is to everyone, but I am in agreement she does have some genuine affection for Kim and accepts that it's not her place to force Kim into sobriety. I also think she knows that Kim's "tell" for having relapsed is insisting she has absolutely NOT relapsed and it ISN'T a struggle...and that there's no reasoning with that and she can accept it or cut Kim out.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 3

To all the fans, the housewife attackers

Bambi could be the "bitch eating crackers"

Because you say 'pow tay toe, she says "pow tat toe"

And with just one bite, she stole the show.

Andy Bocelli can sing a song

But we know who you love all along

It's the bitch who's name starts with a "b"

And eats off the table, as you all can see.

A silent stalk, a stealthy march

She's gonna get her fill of starch

But the owner came up from the 'south'

and pulled that spud, right out her mouth

Ay, poor Bambi, You were caught

Should have gone small, maybe a Tater Tot?

You failed in quest to get a little bite

But everyone thought you were outta sight.....

• Love 9

I saw just the opposite, which surprised me at the time. 

Everyone remembers the drama of the Poker Game, but what I remember the most is the conversation that Brandi and Kyle had in the limo on the way to the game. Kyle was sharing with Brandi in a way I had never heard her share with anyone before. Talking about their mom, about how things were growing up, about how hard things were for Kim. She talked of how dark things with Kim had sometimes been, about how scared she had been in the past, and how glad she was that Kim had turned a corner. Kyle has always been fairly private in talking about some of these things directly to the other girls on the show, and especially careful in criticizing her mother. While she didn't really criticize her mother, she did say some things that were revealing, and some that showed regret. I thought that she felt safe in sharing these things with Brandi because she saw Brandi as someone who cared about Kim and didn't judge her the way the others on the show sometimes did. She seemed to feel safe to share with Brandi. Brandi and Kim hadn't just suddenly become close in S5. They were close in S4 as well. I never saw or heard Kyle say a peep about having an issue with this. I think she was fine until later on that night, and wished she had trusted the instincts she had always had about Brandi, way back in S2. 

• Love 14

I think that is just it - the ladies are calling her out because they see it.  We all see it.  Even what we don't see, we put the pieces together. 

Except they're not calling LVP out, they're passive-aggressively calling her manipulative behind her back... for what effect? To further some storyline?

I made a post about this last episode, but what people call "manipulative" I think is just really good camera/persona management. LVP is slippery in that she doesn't say much that could bite her on the butt on camera. It's not like she doesn't have her own opinions or goals, but even when something doesn't go her way then yes, she is good at deflecting and protesting until people give up or it blows over. She doesn't directly produce drama but is usually fun enough to watch that she doesn't need to in order to stay on the show.

I think the other housewives are just mad/jealous/annoyed that they aren't as good as playing the reality TV game. Eileen is pissed that she didn't stop LVP from prodding into her affair, Erika's only real claim this episode was that LVP was asking her how long she had known Yolanda (who is her tie-in to the show, so it's not exactly some kind of malicious or weird question to ask in the first place!). And then they also feel threatened(?) when LVP is not buddy-buddy with them off the bat, and although the show would like us to pretend that they are all actual friends in real life, they're really just coworkers.

They are all welcome to control their emotions/thoughts/conversations in front of the camera. If they're such strong women then LVP suggesting a topic of conversation doesn't mean they have to automatically blab about it or do what she says. I just don't understand what going around calling her manipulative actually does. I guess it gives them an excuse to not be friendly with her?

• Love 16

. I just don't understand what going around calling her manipulative actually does. I guess it gives them an excuse to not be friendly with her?

It is to take the blame off of themselves for the foolish things they say/do. None of them want to accept responsibility for stirring the pot, not just Lisa. LOL

• Love 13

I just want Bravo to note that we've got, like, 4 good pages worth of comments based off a fun scene with a dog stealing a potato (or a disgusting display of poor pet guardianship, whatever you choose to believe).  In any case, we kinda don't need the mental and/or physical illnesses, or the random side conversations at a small dinner party.  You don't have to go full Animal Planet or focus so much on Lisa's menagerie (is that an appropriate word? I feel like using it regardless).  But, a little bit can go a long way.  

Hell, I'm a cat person and I'm loving the dog stories.

• Love 16

When YO, Erika & Eileen were having a "conversation" about LisaR & LisaV, why is that ok?  But it's not ok for LisaV, Kyle, LisaR to have a "conversation" about questions that have arisen from Yo's constant contradictions regarding her health?  Eileen lost me this season.  For God's Sake Let It Go!!!!    

I think the car ride to Wally's was unpleasant, to say the least.  Perhaps it was a discussion of David moving out permanently, sale of the house, or could have been David just dismissing her latest "I'm tired, I'm sick, I'm on a journey" talk.   Maybe he was preoccupied with getting ready for Andrea Boccelli to come - and dismissing YO is the worst thing you can do to her.   Hmmm, maybe the other ladies should try that tact.  

I loved Kyle's potato stealer!   He came out there, nobody around, and just sidled up and got it!    Two days ago my poor pup had an infected cyst on a very delicate part of his "unders", and had to have it removed.   Not happy.   He has to wear the dreaded cone.  They said we could take it off while he eats, goes for a walk, as long as we are watching him closely.   So, he hated if we even touched it, the velcro drives him nuts.  Got it off and he was so happy.    Uh oh.  We try to put it back on and he goes ballistic - fighting us, growling (which he never does), scrambling around - and pretty much not having any of it.   After an hour we finally manage to get it on - kinda.  I call the vet to see if they have any trick.  The tech says "Oh yeah, we should have mentioned it took four of us to get it on"!!!!   S^%* if I had known that I would have never taken it off.    Slipped out of it.  I tried for over an hour - no good.   Finally I gave him a tranquilizer, waited 1/2 an hour, then tried again.  Cornered him, flapped it on - not straight, but good enough.    Harry only weighs 37lbs, so he's not a big dog.   And I feel badly that he's now not getting a break from it until next Tuesday.    Maybe as a treat I'll give him a tater tot with his dinner.

• Love 15
(edited)

I've definitely spent too much time watching this show and reading these boards.

I fell asleep after reading several posts about LVP being a chess player. I can only recall part of the dream, but I was in a limo with Kyle. I think we had been to an event sponsored by Yo. Things were going fine when Kyle noticed I was on my phone. Although I was only playing Words With Friends, Kyle got all huffy and told the driver I was always on my phone, which he agreed was true. Kyle accused me of being on my phone all the time dishing dirt on everyone and the limo driver agreed that I was probably the problem. I saw my life pass before my eyes and figured I was doomed. I was going to be the next victim of accusations of being a chess player who brings down the whole franchise, and Kyle and her pals were going to bring me down instead.

They take me home, drop me off, and Kyle is still refusing to speak to me. I'm devastated. I tell my husband and son what's up and how sad I am. There is no hope. The next thing I know, there are bright lights at our window. They are UFOs. They disappear suddenly, only to return several more times shortly thereafter. I tell my husband I'm sure they intend to try to drag a confession from me about the RHs and they won't leave us alone until they do. Life as we know it is over. Thankfully, at this point I woke up.

LOL. No more X-Files, either.

ETA: Not sure how Kyle became the bad guy in this situation! I'm definitely having major problems with Yo and Erika, and the rest are not bugging me much at this point.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 11

Except they're not calling LVP out, they're passive-aggressively calling her manipulative behind her back... for what effect? To further some storyline?

I think the other housewives are just mad/jealous/annoyed that they aren't as good as playing the reality TV game. Eileen is pissed that she didn't stop LVP from prodding into her affair, Erika's only real claim this episode was that LVP was asking her how long she had known Yolanda (who is her tie-in to the show, so it's not exactly some kind of malicious or weird question to ask in the first place!). And then they also feel threatened(?) when LVP is not buddy-buddy with them off the bat, and although the show would like us to pretend that they are all actual friends in real life, they're really just coworkers.

This exactly. They are pissed they can't get her to cry, or lose her shit.

When YO, Erika & Eileen were having a "conversation" about LisaR & LisaV, why is that ok?  But it's not ok for LisaV, Kyle, LisaR to have a "conversation" about questions that have arisen from Yo's constant contradictions regarding her health?  Eileen lost me this season.  For God's Sake Let It Go!!!!    

Thank you.

• Love 9
(edited)

Every time I kind of sort of like Kyle, I remember that she showed her TRUE colors on Game Night.  She is a mean girl at heart. 

LVP falls back into that because she thinks she has everyone fooled.  I think everyone can see what a manipulative, lying ass she really is.

I think Kyle showed her true colors at the event when Brandi was introduced.  She, Taylor and I forget who else, all crouched down in a corner and ridiculed her for showing up in high heels with crutches. They were like a bunch of bratty, stuck-up middle school girls.

eta: please don't think this means in any way shape or form that I like or approve of Brandi.  They were just plain mean to her before they even knew she deserved it.

Edited by AnitaKnight
  • Love 12

I've definitely spent too much time watching this show and reading these boards.

I fell asleep after reading several posts about LVP being a chess player. I can only recall part of the dream, but I was in a limo with Kyle. I think we had been to an event sponsored by Yo. Things were going fine when Kyle noticed I was on my phone. Although I was only playing Words With Friends, Kyle got all huffy and told the driver I was always on my phone, which he agreed was true. Kyle accused me of being on my phone all the time dishing dirt on everyone and the limo driver agreed that I was probably the problem. I saw my life pass before my eyes and figured I was doomed. I was going to be the next victim of accusations of being a chess player who brings down the whole franchise, and Kyle and her pals were going to bring me down instead.

They take me home, drop me off, and Kyle is still refusing to speak to me. I'm devastated. I tell my husband and son what's up and how sad I am. There is no hope. The next thing I know, there are bright lights at our window. They are UFOs. They disappear suddenly, only to return several more times shortly thereafter. I tell my husband I'm sure they intend to try to drag a confession from me about the RHs and they won't leave us alone until they do. Life as we know it is over. Thankfully, at this point I woke up.

LOL. No more XFiles, either.

LOL, Why not try Jeopardy!, instead?

I have had some HW dreams - no nightmares - they always go bad.

• Love 3

Also I don't think Erika is doing this show for fun she's doing it to help pay off the millions in back taxes that she and Don Rickles owe.

Oh man, you have no idea how much this made me laugh!!  Especially since I recently watched the Don Rickles Roast and they were all making fun of his age.  Messed up I know but funny as hell!!!

• Love 5

He and Kyle are coming in from different doors at the same time. The dining room is not a great room for filming because it is smallish and has a big round table and two entry points. And I don't care for the wallpaper.  Oops I digress.  The dog has excellent timing. 

Later in the clip you see the table and everyone has a potato-so I guess they nuked one or used one from the crew's dinner to finish the scene.  I have a feeling they probably eat most meals in the kitchen or outdoors.  Portia needs a booster seat. 

You don't like the wallpaper in the dining room?  I'm sure the Morally Corrupt, Overpaid, Undertalented and OverBotoxed Faye Resnick "designed" that room. 

• Love 10

Mine sleeps with her ball shoved in her barkhole and also barks with it in there.  She will drop it to eat and drink.  I've given up on being surprised finding balls in weird places.  Her absolute favorite ball (a tennis ball type with little pictures of bones on it) is currently stuck behind the refrigerator and it is the bane of my existence.  I'm getting tired enough of her sitting with her nose between the fridge and the wall crying that I'm thinking about emptying the fridge out and moving it to get the ball.  There are probably at least a dozen balls stashed around the house, but that one is her absolute favorite.  We recently when to my dad's house and she hasn't been there in a year, but within 15 minutes had found all the balls she stashed in the backyard on her last visit.  She enjoys playing catch, but likes just holding them in her mouth more.  She can't figure out that the dryer balls are not for her, so I have to be careful not to drop them when doing laundry or I end up finding them in random places.

She hates Giggy and Wacka, but hasn't gone crazy when Kyle's dogs are on TV yet.  She also hates Lisa's ponies.

You gotta pull that fridge out.  I pull mine out twice a year to clean and you wouldn't believe all the dust and crap under there.  

• Love 4

If Erika is supposed to be the new LVP, I think they made a critical error. I could see her as the new Brandi because she's vulgar with money but she can't "rule" over the women. I can't figure out Karhryn's purpose, she seems to be shooting from the hip.

The dinner party was nice but Yo and david had to have been close to separating, I'm guessing he either got tired of her sickness ruling their lives or she didn't feel attended to enough? He seems like he has a huge ego. It made the dinner hard to watch.

Eileen and Lisar remain my favorites. I hope the girls see through Erika soon.

• Love 3

If Erika is supposed to be the new LVP, I think they made a critical error. I could see her as the new Brandi because she's vulgar with money but she can't "rule" over the women. I can't figure out Karhryn's purpose, she seems to be shooting from the hip.

The dinner party was nice but Yo and david had to have been close to separating, I'm guessing he either got tired of her sickness ruling their lives or she didn't feel attended to enough? He seems like he has a huge ego. It made the dinner hard to watch.

Eileen and Lisar remain my favorites. I hope the girls see through Erika soon.

According to blogs/rumors, they were separated before filming began and had been for quite some time. No matter how many times Yolanda called David "my love, my king" neither of them looked like they enjoyed the others company IMO. Neither lit up around the other at all, again IMO.

From looking at Eileen's twitter, she is still firmly in Yolanda's/Erika's camp.

• Love 6
(edited)

I just watched this episode and really enjoyed it. Erika won me back over in this episode-- she seemed reasonable and owed her comments and didn't act like a maniac or super fake or weird. Back on team Erika, and the previews for next week show how protective her husband is over her, which I support 100%. Anyone who disrespects your spouse, disrespects you and needs to leave. I love Erika's husband for throwing out (Kathryn I think). 

I'm seeing that Kathryn, though not necessarily dumb, isn't the biggest thinker out there. She seemed a bit clueless that she royally screwed over Erika, like she didn't remember what happened. Not everyone is the best at remembering things or maybe she is just high. Who knows.

From my experience, if you think someone is manipulating you, they probably are. I think it's coming out this season, because prior seasons have always focused on Brandi who was way out there with everything, and LisaV could easily hide or just chill and watch. But she is definitely NOT a fan of Yolanda and it's becoming evident that she resents Yolanda being sick, because it puts pressure on her to act caring. I think LisaV would rather people think Yolanda is faking it, than pay her any attention, imo. I'm starting to wonder if LisaV isn't the one that started everything about Yolanda faking being sick. This year LisaV has LisaR to spread her stuff--- in the past it was Brandi.

That said, LisaV is, I"m sure, much more than just socially aggressive. She is probably really fun and generous and has a lot of friends because of her amazing qualities. I don't think she should be shot because her dark side is showing. Also, these are grown women, and let's face it, LisaV isn't that much smarter than anyone else. LisaR throwing LisaV under the bus because of pressure from Elieen is WEAK! I guess it's really true in BH-- you can be in one minute and out the next. 

In season 1, I got the distinct feeling that Kim did not have any friends (because both Kim and Kyle said that Kim has no friends and doesn't like women) and Kyle was really the only person Kim talked to besides her kids. Because of the show, Kim was exposed to new women who could support her. I just can't forget how horrible Kyle was to Kim the first season, just constantly picking on her, yelling at her, and loving watch others beat Kim up and argue with her (i.e. Taylor). She was such a horrible sister to Kim that I'm, if anything, glad that Kim has some other people to talk too, even if they are Brandi. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 5

You gotta pull that fridge out.  I pull mine out twice a year to clean and you wouldn't believe all the dust and crap under there.  

I know.  I just cleaned behind the TV last week and it was horrible.  I can see behind the refrigerator and know it is worse.  It is times like these that I wish I had a built in glass refrigerator like the Lemon Palace.

• Love 1

I think Kim doesn't want to have those in depth conversations on camera because she knows there is a very real possibility for the conversation to get ugly real fast. Funny enough there is a certain amount of awareness that happens when she's having a conversation with Kyle in this setting.  I think that after the whole limo scene Kim will forever be on guard when talking with Kyle with cameras or among Kyle's circle because (and we've seen this throughout the seasons) Kyle became more and more comfortable confronting Kim in public situations and steered a good number of conversation into bad territory while they had an audience. To be honest I felt that some of those confrontations in seasons past were forced and exaggerated confrontations just so it would be on camera and filmed but that's my opinion. So what I see when we have these scenes with Kim and Kyle is not necessarily Kim wanting to completely avoid things all together but it being more about Kim being extremely cautious about what type of conversations she wants to have and how deep she wants it to go and definitely concerned about where Kyle may try and take the conversation while the cameras are rolling. Not that she wouldn't want to have these conversations at all. 

True.... I hadn't taken the role of filming/the camera into consideration. I forgot that this isn't really reality! It can't ever be 'reality' because it's so skewed by the impact of the camera. Everyone involved knows what they do/say can be screened. That must impact on their behaviour.

It's funny....I remember it isn't truly real when I'm watching the show, but later when I think about what's been shown and post here I react/write about it all as if it IS real reality. I'm not saying it's fiction with a script type of not-real, I mean it's not real reality like I live day to day where I get to behave/interact with others etc without a camera crew filming everything. I will be more mindful of this in future posts!

I also don't think any argument about the housewives getting so used to the cameras that they forget they are there can hold much weight.... They don't forget that what is filmed can be screened...to millions of viewers. Although then I think of Brandi and my theory goes out the window!

• Love 3

Ah yes. Kathryn and her mother's dementia. I don't know what kind of dementia her mother suffers from, but, My father died of Alzheimer's. It's much more than a funny anecdote about forgetting little things. It gets really, really grim. Good luck with that, Kathryn.

I got the feeling from the things Kathryn was saying, that she doesn't see her mother all that much. Especially judging from her sisters' expressions when she made that lame comment. Looks like all the burden of care is on them and she is living in a fool's paradise.

• Love 5

I know.  I just cleaned behind the TV last week and it was horrible.  I can see behind the refrigerator and know it is worse.  It is times like these that I wish I had a built in glass refrigerator like the Lemon Palace.

Lol.  Yup!!  I have cats and dogs and you wouldn't believe the amount of cat toys I find under the fridge when I pull it out.  Ugh.

• Love 3