Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Read School Is In Session

• Start Topic

It was a while ago when I climbed Dunn's River....BUT i seem to remember WOODEN stairs along the route for those that weren't able to make the climb.  The wooden stairs that Kenya was shadow boxing I think are the "cheater stairs", not the cement stairs that the rest of the gang ended their journey on,  Long story short....I think Kenya cheated.  I'll have to pose the question over on cruise critic to verify this.  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 3

Kim said he had to go to work but from what i got on the twitterverse from the ladies, he got a bit nasty and rude to them.  I wonder if he was asked to depart?

I think he left because of whatever happened with the ladies. I don't think he'd voluntarily leave a couples trip if everything was cool. It's possible he did have to work, but the timing is a little suspect.

I am not a Nene fan but she said on WWL that Kim does act like she's better then everybody and she's apparently never watched the show or reality tv. THANK YOU. She so needs to GOOOOOOOO. I'll take Porsha anyday. At least she"s entertaining.

I watched WWHL and I don't recall Nene saying exactly this. She did say she liked Kim, but that Kim doesn't fit into the present cast. She did say that it's clear she never watched reality television though. I don't remember her saying Kim acts like she's better than everybody, but I may have missed that.

• Love 5

Was Matt, who I agree is kind of weird, kidding when he said his "baby is only 32 years old"? He can't believe that, can he?

I think he was kidding, and perhaps producer-driven throwing that out there to see if any of the men would bring up Kenya's age. It didn't seem like something he'd say on his own.

Kim's all grown up now? Good, she can stop weeping every time she's away from home for 12 hours....

• Love 8

I think he left because of whatever happened with the ladies. I don't think he'd voluntarily leave a couples trip if everything was cool. It's possible he did have to work, but the timing is a little suspect.

I watched WWHL and I don't recall Nene saying exactly this. She did say she liked Kim, but that Kim doesn't fit into the present cast. She did say that it's clear she never watched reality television though. I don't remember her saying Kim acts like she's better than everybody, but I may have missed that.

Nene didn't say Kim acted like she was better.  She did say she liked Kim but Kim just don't fit the reality TV persona.

Not buying the Sheree and her ex relationship. That was one nasty divorce, he refused to pay child support, that's unforgivable in my book,he's a total deadbeat. Sheree hated him. There's something mentally off with that guy, I think he got hit too many times in the head with that football during his career. 

Kenya and her 28 yr. old. Please. He has no personality. He's almost 20 yrs. younger than Kenya. Not believing that one either. 

Porsha's brazilian man is hot! Don't like the way all the menz were sitting around the table talking and laughing about Porsha's nice, big ass, though. That was tacky as hell. Grow the fuck up, some of them are in their 50's for god's sake. 

I'm not getting why NeNe came back. To piss off Kenya? Give Cynthia something to keep her peach about? Maybe those Broadway checks aren't enough to cover that new $2.2 million dollar house NayNay bought. 

• Love 4

Nene is only doing guest spots. Bravo tried and is still trying to get her back but she so far has said no.

IMO Nene needs bravo. Bravo doesn't need Nene. I also think last night was the first time I've ever seen Andy call Nene out on her bs! He would not accept Nene's version that her and the others weren't speculating Kim's husband was gay.

• Love 11

Porsha's brazilian man is hot! Don't like the way all the menz were sitting around the table talking and laughing about Porsha's nice, big ass, though. That was tacky as hell. Grow the fuck up, some of them are in their 50's for god's sake.

I didn't like that either. They sounded like the drunk ass crows harassing Michael Jackson in The Wiz. It was an awkward position to put Oliver in given that he doesn't know Porsha well and knows them even less. And if he'd said anything remotely defending Porsha, Elvis would've gotten all bent out of shape like he did with Matt.

• Love 6

I could watch a week straight of Ayden coloring and glittering, mind you, but I'm not interested in the male Maggie Simpson and the too-old-for-such-a-crap-attitude other one. Another MEH for Tootie. bloop bloop. 

I actually had to think a minute about this but BWAAAAHHH! A+ comment.

Not familiar with kids but is it considered odd to still be on the pacifier at 21 months old? It seems odd to me. 

• Love 5

Not familiar with kids but is it considered odd to still be on the pacifier at 21 months old? It seems odd to me.

Mileage definitely varies on things like pacifiers and bottles and such (my pediatrician for example said pacifiers gone at 6 mos, bottles transition to sippy or "starter" cups by one year) but my point was that all we ever see this child doing is sitting around looking glazed over and sucking that damned binky. And, whatever, he's a baby so that's fine but I wish the producers/camera dudes/whoever would stop zooming in on him because: Not Interesting. 

• Love 2

OMG Sheree, no one is going to want to say anything around if you keep ratting on everyone.

Kenya, before you go flapping your gums about another persons husband being gay, I think you need to check your own situation 8-/

• Love 5

I'm glad Potomac is delivering the trashy drama--very entertaining in a pure trashy manner since Atlanta is so annoying (horrible Nene is back and faker than ever; Kim is a bore; Phaedra grosses me out; Kandi's family is THE WORST.....nothing to keep me interested)

• Love 6

Not buying the Sheree and her ex relationship. That was one nasty divorce, he refused to pay child support, that's unforgivable in my book,he's a total deadbeat. Sheree hated him. There's something mentally off with that guy, I think he got hit too many times in the head with that football during his career. 

Kenya and her 28 yr. old. Please. He has no personality. He's almost 20 yrs. younger than Kenya. Not believing that one either. 

I'm not getting why NeNe came back. To piss off Kenya? Give Cynthia something to keep her peach about? Maybe those Broadway checks aren't enough to cover that new $2.2 million dollar house NayNay bought. 

Yeah, that whole Bob and Sheree thing is very strange because as you said she hated him. Can't imagine what have caused a turnaround unless he paid her the money he owes. Or they came to some sort of settlement. Still, that was a very ugly situation. Maybe their kids begged them to be friends?

I'm glad Nene's back for her guest spots. She has been reasonably well behaved and very funny. As long as she stays that way and doesn't revert to her awful last-season self, I'm happy to have her on my TV screen.

Kandi I haven't missed one bit. I fast forwarded through most of her scene.I don't like seeing her sour aunts and like someone else said, Old Lady Gang is a stupid ass name for a restaurant. And why a soul food restaurant like there aren't a million others around and many, many people who live there grew up eating soul food and know how to cook it themselves. 

It's no excuse, but the menz were definitely drunk and maybe even smoked some Bob Marley. Portia's Oliver is sweet. Don't know if he's a "keeper" though. It's good that it seems she's not rushing into bed with him, although who really knows what took place after dark? haha

I thought the blue jacket was gorgeous against Peter's skin. I like the way he's bold with color, including pink. And I know that Bravo paid for the trip, but I think he had a hand in finding local stuff for them to enjoy.

• Love 10

Bob did not owe Sheree any child support, Sheree made that up.  The marital home was sold and the money was suppose to be split, Sheree gutted the house and stayed long past the date given to stay and took money from the sale that was not hers.  The Sheree didn't want to take Bob to court was because, the court had already ruled that Sheree was paid child support in the form of the sold house.  Both parties did damage in that relationship, no reason not to make up. 

• Love 12

Kandi's posted pics of her baby on twitter and he's cute! And she's already lost a lot of weight.

Also Kim and Kenya are still fighting like crazy on twitter.

And NeNe posted a recent pic yesterday or whatever with Gregg and she looked really good even her wig.

• Love 3

It was a while ago when I climbed Dunn's River....BUT i seem to remember WOODEN stairs along the route for those that weren't able to make the climb.  The wooden stairs that Kenya was shadow boxing I think are the "cheater stairs", not the cement stairs that the rest of the gang ended their journey on,  Long story short....I think Kenya cheated.  I'll have to pose the question over on cruise critic to verify this.  

Yeah, I distinctly remember seeing wooden stairs for those who couldn't climb the falls in the brochure.

• Love 2

ITA with all of you regarding Phaedra and her tongue!! Just gross!! And she lets it hang out whenever she's saying something kinda skanky. What the hell is that all about?

NeNe being a guest star? Is that like Friend of... whatever. She 's a STYLIST now? Lord, she needs to have that ratty blonde wig styled!

Kenya seriously needs some psychotherapy. Girl is plumb goofy when people "hurt her feelings" Get over it, Kenya! You are almost frickin' 50 years old!

Sheree & Bob: I think they BOTH know the only way any $$$ is coming their way, is RHOA.  Otherwise, neither of them can make a living. So she's stretching out both hands for that peach.   JMHO

• Love 8

Matt is one of the oldest-looking 28-year-olds I've seen in a minute.

Are Kandi and Todd really going with "The Old Lady Gang" as the name for their restaurant? Because it's a terrible name. It doesn't even make sense. "Where should we go tonight?" "The Old Lady Gang." Huh?

• Love 9

Thank you. That name is dumb as hell & isn't a place. Also who wants to think of some cranky ass old biddies when picturing their cooks and servers. Not only that but they don't seem like a gang.

Why doesn't she name it Kandi's Kitchen or Kandi's Kafe? Also as others mentioned there's a lot of southern and soul food spots there but ATL doesn't have as much fushion or inspired spots compared to Chicago, NYC, and CA, where on a given street is 6 diff world cuisines.

A hot thing right now is Asian meets soul food. Where fried chicken, biscuits, salads, slaws, have some Viet, Thai, or Korean elements incorporated . I mean she doesn't have to make it soul food and southern, she should just make it stuff she's eaten and liked and what she thinks needs a market for and will be hot. It comes down to the $.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 3

Yeah, that whole Bob and Sheree thing is very strange because as you said she hated him. Can't imagine what have caused a turnaround unless he paid her the money he owes. Or they came to some sort of settlement. Still, that was a very ugly situation. Maybe their kids begged them to be friends?

I'm glad Nene's back for her guest spots. She has been reasonably well behaved and very funny. As long as she stays that way and doesn't revert to her awful last-season self, I'm happy to have her on my TV screen.

Kandi I haven't missed one bit. I fast forwarded through most of her scene.I don't like seeing her sour aunts and like someone else said, Old Lady Gang is a stupid ass name for a restaurant. And why a soul food restaurant like there aren't a million others around and many, many people who live there grew up eating soul food and know how to cook it themselves. 

It's no excuse, but the menz were definitely drunk and maybe even smoked some Bob Marley. Portia's Oliver is sweet. Don't know if he's a "keeper" though. It's good that it seems she's not rushing into bed with him, although who really knows what took place after dark? haha

I thought the blue jacket was gorgeous against Peter's skin. I like the way he's bold with color, including pink. And I know that Bravo paid for the trip, but I think he had a hand in finding local stuff for them to enjoy.

I'd have to disagree here - Scotchie's (where they went for jerk chicken) is very, very popular and any hotel employee or taxi driver will recommend you go there.  And, Dunn's River Falls is probably THE biggest tourist attraction in Ocho Rios and maybe in Jamaica.  Every cruise ship that docks has an excursion to DRF, and every resort or hotel offers an excursion, as well.  

There are other less tourist-y things and attractions they definitely could have done - it would have been cool if, when they were in Kingston, they went to the Bob Marley House/Museum.  They could have taken a boat over to Rick's Bar in Negril, and even though that is touristy, it has the best views of the sunset on the island, plus all the cool cliff divers (on second thought, maybe they were afraid some of the cast would attempt the cliff diving, too).    

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 6

I used those stairs for the second half of my climb - I made it halfway up, got my picture taken and that was it for me!!  Walked up the steps the rest of the way and waited for my family!  

Yeah, I distinctly remember seeing wooden stairs for those who couldn't climb the falls in the brochure.

I'm sure that's how Nene and Gregg got to the top - they didn't get in the water at all.

Thank you. That name is dumb as hell & isn't a place. Also who wants to think of some cranky ass old biddies when picturing their cooks and servers. Not only that but they don't seem like a gang.

Why doesn't she name it Kandi's Kitchen or Kandi's Kafe? Also as others mentioned there's a lot of southern and soul food spots there but ATL doesn't have as much fushion or inspired spots compared to Chicago, NYC, and CA, where on a given street is 6 diff world cuisines.

A hot thing right now is Asian meets soul food. Where fried chicken, biscuits, salads, slaws, have some Viet, Thai, or Korean elements incorporated . I mean she doesn't have to make it soul food and southern, she should just make it stuff she's eaten and liked and what she thinks needs a market for and will be hot. It comes down to the $.

Can you imagine eating at a restaurant that Aunt Bertha and Mama Joyce are "overseeing things"??  I would be afraid to enter, let alone eat, for fear of being told off, yelled at, or accused of something I didn't do!!  With those two in charge, or "overseeing", I give that restaurant about two months.

• Love 9

Seems half the conversations with the HW's are about having the next conversation and how to have it. OR having a conversation about the conversation they just had. The interactions this episode did seem a bit more genuine. I like seeing the ladies have fun and EAT. Finally, an episode where they actually eat the awesome food set before them. 

• Love 7

I agree with you on all points, as I was thinking that this restaurant idea would be a better fit for NYC or northern cities. You can't sling a dead cat in the metro Atlanta area without hitting a southern restaurant that sells this kind of food. But if you remember how resistant Kandi was to going to see Todd's old stomping grounds in NYC.... she'll never leave Atlanta to open a restaurant.

I don't know why Kandi and Todd want the aunts and Joyce involved at all, in decision-making about food or anything. All they plan to do is use their faces on the signage, and have them make personal appearances now and then. Speaking of signage, didn't Todd have the idea for the OLG as the name with them dressed up like old style gangster molls or western outlaws? LMAO!

• Love 3

Wow. I missed so much. I missed the dirty old men talking about Porsha's ass, and Matt talking about Kenya's...assets. Selective memory? Yuck.

And yes the men (at least) were smoking weed at the restaurant. Peter- of course- had a TH about it. Right now Peter and Cynthia should be earning about equal salaries in housewife land. I guess Cynthia needs a strong personality to...I don't know what she gets out of it...but she seems to gravitate towards strong personalities.

Chris leaving was so abrupt that I can believe the story that he acted out of line. Coupled with that phone call from The Fabulous Kim Fields, and I really think something juicy happened. She didn't text him to prep him beforehand? Please. They're both actors by trade. Though I'm shocked that Kim didn't leave with him, but I guess she has bills to pay. There better be some footage on What They Should've Shown- or whatever Andy calls it.

^Yes, that's not an excuse to google and kiki about Chris' sexuality.

YAS! The Kim Fields indignation in this thread is giving me liiiife! Though (for once) I don't fault her for her reaction. Esp if the story of Chris acting a fool was true. I've gone batshit over people mistreating my partner, however if anyone told me they were speculating his sexuality I'd laugh my ass off.

Actors are always rumored to be gay for whatever reason. But I understand straight males typically get angry over being thought of as gay.

NeNe was right about one thing- Kim was not cut out for this- is it too late to trade her in for Ashley from Potomac? Her and Porsha may be cute together.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 4

That's my guess. It doesn't make sense to go all the way to Jamaica knowing you had to be at work in a few days. He would have otherwise stayed home, I'd think.

Don't forget Kim went all the way to Washington DC for the Million Man March but left as soon as they got there because all of a sudden she had a charity event to tend to (without mentioning it to Phaedra earlier mind you).  That's the way they roll in the Fields/Morgan family.  ;)

Edited by swankie
  • Love 3

MollyZee

Today. 9:53 am

Mileage definitely varies on things like pacifiers and bottles and such (my pediatrician for example said pacifiers gone at 6 mos, bottles transition to sippy or "starter" cups by one year) but my point was that all we ever see this child doing is sitting around looking glazed over and sucking that damned binky. And, whatever, he's a baby so that's fine but I wish the producers/camera dudes/whoever would stop zooming in on him because: Not Interesting.

Word. And this is going to sound horrible but that child is....not overly attractive. He looks EXACTLY like a miniature version of Kim's husband, complete with receding hairline :-/. Then again, it's tough to compare any child to Aiden, who has looks and personality to spare.

Edited by kitten59
  • Love 3

Word. And this is going to sound horrible but that child is....not overly attractive. He looks EXACTLY like a miniature version of Kim's husband, complete with receding hairline :-/. Then again, it's tough to compare any child to Aiden, who has looks and personality to spare.

I disagree.  I think Quincy looks a lot like Kim and is very cute.  And I don't think it's unusual for a 2 year old to still be on a pacifier.  I sympathize with Kim because I remember the days when the pacifier was the only savior for a cranky baby, and Quincy seems to be a very cranky baby.  I remember my kids gave up the binky when it would swell up so big that it broke and I had to buy a new one.  The new one didn't feel right in their mouth so they put it down.  I like that Kim doesn't let a nanny raise her kids even though she takes it a bit too far by taking them with her everywhere she goes.  I'm still wondering how often they get to see their grandma Chip.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 3

Wow. I missed so much. I missed the dirty old men talking about Porsha's ass, and Matt talking about Kenya's...assets. Selective memory? Yuck.

That was disgusting.  Dirty old men is right.  And then we have Bob talking about how he'll carry Sheree's purse as long as she keeps putting money in it. 

Kenya's "apology" -- Nene said on WWHL that she didn't think it was sincere.  It wasn't.  Kenya used the right words but she only used them because Matt was there.  She cares what he thinks. 

• Love 2

It doesn't though. I didn't say it makes it any better nor do I think that. In previous threads from this season, I mentioned that I thought the speculation was rude and mean-spirited. I just think it's interesting that something that was viewed as a serious altercation, serious enough that it was mentioned by two cast members, was left out of the final Jamaica episodes. That's it - nothing more, nothing less.

He is an attractive man, but there is something in his face that just turns me off. He looks like he is perpetually in thought.

Nene's faces during this ep made me remember why I can't seem to quit her.<br /><br /> LOVED Phaedra's ensemble during "Read School." She and Nene were bringing the laughs.<br /><br />Porsha and her struggle-twerk just crack me up too. I like Oliver and I hope he's not just here for screen time.

• Love 4

I dont find him attractive at all from the squiggly vein protruding at the top of his temple to his nostrils (they seem irregular) to his looove of Kenyas jugs. He has that "look" that "fits the description" and he looks like he's between 32-42. And lastly, before I get off my soapbox, any man that has any interest in Kenya other that physically has questionable character in my book. Thats all for now....

• Love 3

More like a gaggle than a gang but Old Lady Gaggle is no better a name for a restaurant. 

I don't find Matt attractive. I like a fit man but I don't care for his physique. A bit too beefy but I can appreciate and respect his dedication to fitness. 

I dont find him attractive at all from the squiggly vein protruding at the top of his temple to his nostrils (they seem irregular) to his looove of Kenyas jugs. He has that "look" that "fits the description" and he looks like he's between 32-42. And lastly, before I get off my soapbox, any man that has any interest in Kenya other that physically has questionable character in my book. Thats all for now....

WHUT?!?! I am afraid to ask for fear of .. well, everything! 

More like a gaggle than a gang but Old Lady Gaggle is no better a name for a restaurant.

I don't find Matt attractive. I like a fit man but I don't care for his physique. A bit too beefy but I can appreciate and respect his dedication to fitness.

He looks like if there was a crime committed within the local vicinity and there was an APB out and I locked eyes with him... I would definetly be giving him the side eye. I hope that answers your question ;-)

• Love 1

Kenya is crazy -- I hate her!

Loved Phaedra's "read school"outfit, but she needs to keep that tongue in check. Even my DH was grossed out by it.

I'm loving Porsha this season.

I did enjoy NeNe in the episodes, but WOMAN, why you wearing a skein of yellow yarn on your head?!?!?!

• Love 4

I did enjoy NeNe in the episodes, but WOMAN, why you wearing a skein of yellow yarn on your head?!?!?!

Her hair was short on WWHL -- not short-short like that cap she used to sport, but long enough to be brushed back over her forehead, with hair almost to the nape of her neck.  Except for those boobs on display, she looked good.

Speaking of hair, do these women all wear wigs, pieces, falls, weaves?  Is Kim's hair all hers? 

And speaking of boobs, I'm starting to appreciate the wives when they cover up a little bit.  Gosh, but I'm old.

• Love 4

I wouldn't mind eating at the Old Lady Gang restaurant. Kandi's aunts look like the type who can throw down in the kitchen...have you damn near licking your plate clean.

This^^^ coming from Trimthatfat! I know some good grub, too. I'm going if they open. Pie. <--- Leaving that there for y'all to think about.

Edited by announcergirl
  • Love 1

AuntiePam, having seen Kim with long straight hair, fuzzy plumped blonde hair, and stuff I wouldn't call hair...no, I don't think Kim's hair is all hers. :)

This^^^ coming from Trimthatfat! I know some good grub, too. I'm going if they open. Pie. <--- Leaving that there for y'all to think about.

Gladys Knight's southern soul food restaurant recently got a bad health rating. Be careful out there! :)

• Love 2

I wouldn't mind eating at the Old Lady Gang restaurant. Kandi's aunts look like the type who can throw down in the kitchen...have you damn near licking your plate clean.

I get the impression NeNe's a very good cook but just doesn't like to or is too busy.

Is anyone craving some Moo Goo Gai Grits or Sweet And Sour Okra? </Mama's Family>

I'm on the fence about the name. It's gimmicky and could be cute, but knowing who it was named after gives me pause...

• Love 1

I disagree.  I think Quincy looks a lot like Kim and is very cute.  And I don't think it's unusual for a 2 year old to still be on a pacifier.  I sympathize with Kim because I remember the days when the pacifier was the only savior for a cranky baby, and Quincy seems to be a very cranky baby.  I remember my kids gave up the binky when it would swell up so big that it broke and I had to buy a new one.  The new one didn't feel right in their mouth so they put it down.  I like that Kim doesn't let a nanny raise her kids even though she takes it a bit too far by taking them with her everywhere she goes.  I'm still wondering how often they get to see their grandma Chip.

I've met the kid and he can be very, very cranky.

• Love 2

I am actually impressed with Phaedra's little boys manners and maturity. They seem really smart and creative. Of course they are beautiful too. I may criticize her but she seems to be a good mother who encourages their independence and growth while still being loving.

As far as binkys I thought it was best to end at 12 months since they can lead to babyish habits/behavior and also overbites.

• Love 1

I am actually impressed with Phaedra's little boys manners and maturity. They seem really smart and creative. Of course they are beautiful too. I may criticize her but she seems to be a good mother who encourages their independence and growth while still being loving.

As far as binkys I thought it was best to end at 12 months since they can lead to babyish habits/behavior and also overbites.

Speaking of overbites, you can tell Kim was a long time binky user or that she sucked her thumb as a child.  Look up her Mrs. Butterworth's commercial.  That might also explain why she enables Quincy with his binky. 

Also Kim and Kenya are still fighting like crazy on twitter.

Kenya, before you go flapping your gums about another persons husband being gay, I think you need to check your own situation 8-/

It would have really given me life if after Kenya asked Kim if she had heard the rumors of her husband being gay and before she left the others she had said, "Chris and I have been happily married for 10 years.  I know he loves me and I know my mother loves me too."  Then have the camera pan over to Kenya's broken face.  Bwaahhhhhh!!! 

Edited by swankie
  • Love 6

Matt has crazy eyes.  

I'm happy that Kenya has found a man she likes so if she likes his crazy eyes, more power to her, and he seems to treat her right.  But I could not wake up to those crazy eyes every morning for the rest of my life.

Her hair was short on WWHL -- not short-short like that cap she used to sport, but long enough to be brushed back over her forehead, with hair almost to the nape of her neck.  Except for those boobs on display, she looked good.

Speaking of hair, do these women all wear wigs, pieces, falls, weaves?  Is Kim's hair all hers? 

And speaking of boobs, I'm starting to appreciate the wives when they cover up a little bit.  Gosh, but I'm old.

As I always like to say....according to the law of property, the hair is mine since I'm a bona fide purchaser.

So, if any indian woman wants to try to sue me for her hair back she has another thing coming!

I can't imagine that that is Kim's hair though....but at the same time I can't imagine that she actually pays money for hair and it looks like that so....

I've met the kid and he can be very, very cranky.

Rut roh :|

I had a friend who was allowed to use pacifiers for far too long and then he went to the thumb.  Her overbite is something else.  

I think its why, when I watch my nephew I always try to soothe him without the pacifier first, I'm so scared of him ending up with the same situation (of course, he is only 14 months so thats probably a non-issue..but still)

• Love 1