Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Shefit, CO.ALITION, IcyBreeze, 2400 Expert

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

A college student who earned a perfect SAT score wants to expand his business to help others increase their test scores. Husband and wife exercise enthusiasts believe they have created the ideal sports bra; two millennials want to sell the sharks on a high-tech backpack company but plan on keeping their lucrative other backpack company for themselves; and a serial entrepreneur and his two business partners have invested a staggering amount on a cooling appliance for outdoor use. Also, an update on Chapul Cricket Bars, in which Mark Cuban invested during Season 5.

The bra looked interesting and a bit revolutionary, and I know from bras.

I found it revolting how all the Sharks suddenly treated the air conditioning cooler inventor with a sense of reverence--instead of the typical disdain--when they found out he had millions to invest in his own company, like he was one of the gang. The air in the room changed, as it were.

"2400 Expert" created his logo using Word Art in Microsoft Word. In Windows 95.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 3

I would love to have that bra (and her workout plan). I felt like the guys dominated that conversation and were a bit dickish about Sara. So what if she does the talking? She knows what the hell she's talking about, and she was very engaging.

• Love 11

I would love to have that bra (and her workout plan). I felt like the guys dominated that conversation and were a bit dickish about Sara. So what if she does the talking? She knows what the hell she's talking about, and she was very engaging.

Would love to try that bra and the price point was fair considering I've paid that for a useless regular bra and its name brand across my chest. 

Mark (and Kevin to a lesser extent) were both ticking me off with the open sneering at her energy and being "on point," as her husband respectfully corrected. She's trying to pitch to investors--when else are you supposed to be on? And they've had many cheesy infomercial presentations so why were they denigrating her. Seemed very sexist and I'm glad Lori spoke up and sanely said something like, "How about we listen and find out the distribution of roles and maybe that's the reason she's doing most of the talking instead of making fun of her."

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 9

Kevin's pronunciation of "battery" was charmingly Canadian, and I usually find him completely without charm.

While I believe that many of Lori's patents skirt the line of "obviousness", I don't see why she was so sure this one did. The prior art she was describing was completely unrelated. The bra seemed by far the best product idea, and the best presentation. She deserved more respect than she got from the sharks.

I will give Lori credit for very quietly and efficiently pricking SAT preps guy's bubble. "What do you want to do?" His presentation kind of fell apart after that. I don't know what Cuban was thinking in "Aqui-hiring" him. He's a smart guy who's good at school. It's impressive that he launched a business, but it's a business based on him teaching test taking skills live. It doesn't scale and it's a rather obvious idea for a business for someone who's good at school.

The "portable air conditioner" was essentially just a battery powered fan blowing over a block of ice. Why so expensive? 

If you need to carry a battery and portable hard drive around just to keep your phone happy, maybe it's time just to buy a laptop?

• Love 3

Can't these millenials go anywhere without their damn phones??! and air conditioners. and all the comforts of home. If you're camping, it means no phone no air conditioner. Not that I would go camping, because I am too old. Get off my lawn! It's rather sad that they're addicted to their phones.

• Love 9

I wish they'd addressed the MAJOR benefit of that bra, which is that it's often hard for women with a small band size and large cups, or small cups and a large band size, to find a good sports bra. The adjustable band would solve that problem instantly! I'm with the other commenters who thought the bra was the best product, and that the Sharks were... Off, somehow, in their treatment of the owner.

• Love 13

Can't these millenials go anywhere without their damn phones??! and air conditioners. and all the comforts of home. If you're camping, it means no phone no air conditioner. Not that I would go camping, because I am too old. Get off my lawn! It's rather sad that they're addicted to their phones.

FWIW, I presume a GPS device Is nice to have on a hike.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
  • Love 1

I actually loved the AC cooler. I thought it had value for homeowners if the AC or power went out as they would still be able to cool where they were in their home. As for outside use I would put a difuser on it. The Sharks kept pointing out that you wouldn't be able to cool everyone in the family at once. However, what they didn't mention is that you don't always need to cool everyone at once. This would have been wonderful for my mom before she died. She was wheel chair bound and just letting her cool a bit while outside would have been fabulous. Sometimes it's just one or two people who need cooling. Yes, it was expensive, but I though it would make sense even beyond being outside. I also wondered about the cost of operation as AC use electricity and are expensive to run. This is battery operated using ice, it could represent a savings.

I also liked the sports bra and may look into it.

The battery charger backpack guys' product reminded me too much of that luggage that had a charger in it. Also, just because you have an idea doesn't mean it's worth a million dollars....

• Love 1

The other great thing about the sports bra is that it changes with you as your body changes from exercising.  If you lose weight, it easily tightens.  If you bulk up, it easily loosens.  If you're selling a $60 sports bra, it's a great marketing aspect that the bra won't become obsolete if you gain or lose weight-- that makes the price much more reasonable.

• Love 15

The battery charger backpack guys' product reminded me too much of that luggage that had a charger in it. Also, just because you have an idea doesn't mean it's worth a million dollars....

I imagine it would also be hard to take in a plane.  I don't know, I honestly didn't hate the guys, and the idea was interesting to me.  But I like my Taaluma backpack too much, and I wouldn't drop $500 on a new backpack.

I'm kind of glad that Chapul is doing okay, because the idea is interesting, but those bars had too much damned sugar for me.

• Love 1

I wish they'd addressed the MAJOR benefit of that bra, which is that it's often hard for women with a small band size and large cups, or small cups and a large band size, to find a good sports bra. The adjustable band would solve that problem instantly! I'm with the other commenters who thought the bra was the best product, and that the Sharks were... Off, somehow, in their treatment of the owner.

Word. I fall into the former category and bra shopping is a total nightmare. I usually wind up having to chance ordering online or making time to go all the way to a specialty store (and let's not talk about the last time I bothered to do that). Pregnancy was awesome because the ratio balanced out, but then I was right back where I started when I no longer had babies in my rib cage. I'll admit I'm a bit of a couch potato, but if they put out a regular (non-sports) bra with that kind of custom fit that isn't too bulky, I will be first in line to buy it. Oh, and bathing suits too, please?

Ugh, bathing suits. I had to drop a king's ransom for one with a bra top for a weeklong beach trip last summer. I usually spend $40 to $70 on bras that fit me, and I have to order online. And sizing is different among manufacturers and even styles from the same manufacturer. A fully adjustable bra is genius.

• Love 1

Also, Lori not knowing what uniboob is, from sports bras? Not buying it. I appreciate her calling them out on their disrespect, though. If her husband was doing all the talking, even though this is an issue that affects only women, they wouldn't have said a word.

• Love 6

Lori- "What's a uni-boob?"

Me- "Look in a mirror right now and you'll see." Every time she wears those cut out peek a boo dresses, she appears to have uni-boob.

That bra looked like a great product to me. And screw you, Robert, Kevin, Mark and Damon for the sexist attitudes. They were in disbelief and amazed Sara had 4 kids, had a successful sales career and looked the way she did. Guess what? Since before any of you were born, women have been able to give birth multiple times & raise those kids, be successful in the workplace and manage to look put together. They also handle the day to day operation of running a household, maintain social calendars for themselves, their partners (if present) & the children. They oversee and participant in their kids' education and too many other tasks to list. Next time you see a woman in the Tank, please don't congratulate her for keeping her 48-24-34 figure despite birthin' babies. You should congratulate her for doing everything you do in the business world-usually for less money- plus a shit ton MORE than you all while managing not to kill one of you when you ogle her boobs.

Battery pack backpack guys...I feel like I've seen other products with "wearable tech" on this show. Yet those two guys kept saying they were new and young and different. Sorry boys, but you'll need to take a trip in Mr. Peabody's WayBack Machine to be new, young and different in that arena.

Thank goodness the Update was on a company we haven't seen 11 billionty times already. So tired of seeing the boot sock lady, the lobster cousins and the smooshed cupcake in a jar people.

• Love 20

I ordered the Shefit. I couldn't resist. I, like many women, have a small band and giant natural knockers that require immense support. I'm also a personal trainer and have tried many many sports bras. This bra looks amazing. I am also in the process of losing my baby weight so I love that it will still fit around the ribs after I do. Since my husband loves loves LOVES his Mission Belts (got him a 3-pack of colors for under $100 for his birthday one year), I figure I deserve a product myself. I'll report back when I get it. Shipping on the website was only about $6 for 1-3 business days, too.

It was so damn annoying how baffled the Sharks were by this product. I'll bet every woman in America was standing up, arms held out, screaming "YES!" at this pitch, and the Sharks were all "derrrrrr, I don't get it." Even LORI, who clearly doesn't work out or something, the way she was going on about not understanding uniboob.

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 4

What a bunch of crap on this episode.

Let's review:

Cooler / Outside air conditioner:   The $350 price tag is an obvious obstacle, but I can't see people lugging this damn thing around just to avoid the heat outside. 

Backpack with charger and hard disk:   I despise people who think that they can claim that just because they're young, they're better at whatever they do.  These clowns are just the latest in a string of people who think that that they have some cool product because they stuck a phone charger on it. It's not cool and its not clever and its not unique.

SAT Tutoring:  With a name like 2400 Expert, you better be guaranteeing that I'll get that score.  What does this service offer that the already existing in-person and online test prep courses don't offer?  He didn't say.

Sports bra:  The woman's stupid outfit pairing workout clothes with high heels is enough to hate her.  The one good thing about the product is that it's apparently so adjustable that one size fits all, which is more of a benefit to retailers than to consumers. You can buy plenty of sports bra with adjustable straps.  And this one looked like it was enormously heavy and padded and therefore hot.  Pass.

I'll bet every woman in America was standing up, arms held out, screaming "YES!" at this pitch.

Nope.

Edited by RemoteControlFreak
  • Love 1

I understand the concern that it looks like the fabric would be too heavy/hot. But I've done half marathons in 90 degree heat wearing two sports bras, and it really doesn't matter. What matters is what you've got on over it (or don't have on over it). Sports bras are relatively small and won't keep a person warm. The padding would indeed be a concern, but she said it was removable in the pitch.

• Love 3

The cooler guys were marketing to the wrong people in the family sports crowd. They needed to be marketing to the hunting/extreme camping crowd. Most of the guys I know in that realm have dropped $300+ on Yeti coolers. They would also love some kind of air conditioning in the deer blinds as long as it was quiet. But the IcyBreeze looks like a $50 cooler and these guys pay for the modern design.

I'm also interested in the Shefit bra. I was pleased to see they extend into the bigger sizes. I'm a DD/E depending on the cut, so it's hard to find decent supportive sports bras in that size. My only concern is the front zipper doesn't tend to support big boobies well. Usually I need the full cups and underwire to keep from over bouncing. I would be interested to see how the 2" band helped with that. The price point was decent. I spent over $70 on my last sports bra.

The backpack and the SAT stuff was pretty lame. I've seen better backpacks on the market. I'm not sure I'd trust a hard drive in a bag that's meant to get thrown around. I want to know what their hard drive fail rate is and if it's replaceable.

Edited by Saylii
  • Love 1

I don't remember Daymond saying anything disrespectful to the bra lady. Robert's amazement that she has 4 kids was very strange. People do reproduce and have children, Rob. Kevin and Mark were definitely remarking on how she was cutting off her husband and doing the talking for him, but we've seen these people comment on presenters' talking styles before. This doesn't even rank top-5 in moments where the Sharks were rude to the presenters.

Overall, very boring episode. SAT guy had a nice intro package, but not much of a business. 

• Love 4

As a 32G, I was completely drawn into SheFit. The price is very good ( I've spent over 100$ for sports bras). The website had a really handy sizing chart. I'm going to buy one. So far I've bought an Iluminaid, spatty and some stuff from the beekeeping guy. This makes 4!

• Love 2

I don't know what Cuban was thinking in "Aqui-hiring" him. He's a smart guy who's good at school. It's impressive that he launched a business, but it's a business based on him teaching test taking skills live.

See, he lost me the minute he said his original score was average. I know his point was to say his methods work, but that's the thing: if you take the test blind and get a perfect or near perfect score, then I believe you're wicked smart. If you do all sort of test-prep specifically geared toward increasing your score...you're good at taking tests. And I don't know that you'll necessarily retain that information you learned just for the test. That's the thing with cramming. And if he's claiming six weeks of classes and then retest =>+300 points, then yeah, that's basically cramming. I mean, sure he has the numbers to say his methods work. I'm sure he is delivering what he's selling. But I found him much less impressive once he confirmed he too was a product of studying specifically for the test.

I don't think they were offering anything that couldn't already be done either with existing solar backpacks, or just having a portable drive and battery not directly connected to the bag, all of which could be combined with your fave bag for much less than what they're selling. So I don't think they have nearly the room for growth they thought they did just by being first at whatever they decided made them special.

That said, I don't think their valuation was ridiculous either. I thought they said they had approximately half a million in sales, or close to that? 400somethingk? And I thought a generally accepted method for valuation is 2x sales from the past year or something? So if their ask valued the company at 1 million, and their sales were a half mil, then they were pretty much doing it right? I mean, of course, something is worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it, but from the ask angle it may not have been completely absurd. Unless I'm remembering the numbers wrong.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 1

I don't think they were offering anything that couldn't already be done either with existing solar backpacks, or just having a portable drive and battery not directly connected to the bag, all of which could be combined with your fave bag for much less than what they're selling. So I don't think they have nearly the room for growth they thought they did just by being first at whatever they decided made them special.

That said, I don't think their valuation was ridiculous either. I thought they said they had approximately half a million in sales, or close to that? 400somethingk? And I thought a generally accepted method for valuation is 2x sales from the past year or something? So if their ask valued the company at 1 million, and their sales were a half mil, then they were pretty much doing it right? I mean, of course, something is worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it, but from the ask angle it may not have been completely absurd. Unless I'm remembering the numbers wrong.

I think the half a million in sales was from their original (non wearable tech) bags. It sounded like they hadn't done much in sales with the tech bags yet.

• Love 2

I think the half a million in sales was from their original (non wearable tech) bags. It sounded like they hadn't done much in sales with the tech bags yet.

I rewatched. They said they did 100Kish in the new bags, in 7 months, and 450K with the other business, but at the end talking to Kevin (after everyone told them it's a feature not a new brand) they asked for 300k for 30% of both businesses combined into one deal.

It's still pretty impressive that they're competing against really established brands like Patagonia, REI, and The North Face.

Of course, the regular bags are also about a quarter of the price of the connected bags.

See, he lost me the minute he said his original score was average. I know his point was to say his methods work, but that's the thing: if you take the test blind and get a perfect or near perfect score, then I believe you're wicked smart. If you do all sort of test-prep specifically geared toward increasing your score...you're good at taking tests. And I don't know that you'll necessarily retain that information you learned just for the test. That's the thing with cramming. And if he's claiming six weeks of classes and then retest =>+300 points, then yeah, that's basically cramming. I mean, sure he has the numbers to say his methods work. I'm sure he is delivering what he's selling. But I found him much less impressive once he confirmed he too was a product of studying specifically for the test.

On the contrary, I think he's a genuinely smart guy. There's a lot of reasons a smart kid can get an average score on the SAT, including anxiety, not getting a good night's sleep, not taking it seriously, spending too much time on hard questions, being high or hungover or ill.

You can't really cram for the SAT in the conventional sense, it's not a test of specific content. But on the other hand, test taking skills and familiarity with certain types of questions gets you a lot more than the College Board would like to admit. So, test prep works somewhat. I still think his improvement numbers are a bit high, I suspect he did some cherrypicking to come up with that 300+ number. Also, since the scores are roughly normally distributed, I'm not sure what gaining x number of "points" is supposed to really mean. It's probably a lot easier to raise someone scoring near the mean by that much than someone already well above average.

• Love 1

What really disappointed me about the 2400 pitch, as a mother of a teenager, is that no one mentioned that the SAT changed this year. I wonder if that discussion was left on the cutting room floor, because I can't believe that Kevin didn't know that. I recently read an article written by a SAT tutor telling parents NOT to have their kids be the guinea pigs for the brand new test and to have them take the ACT instead. So how would his test-prep class help students taking a brand new test? 

I was intrigued by the sports bra, but not enough to pay that much for it. 

• Love 2

Yes! My husband is a high school teacher and he mentioned that specifically -- about how they have revamped the test, specifically to cut into the testing prep market (so one's ability to pay for a tutor isn't correlated to their score). I'm guessing this was filmed months ago, though, and the network either didn't know or didn't care and aired it anyway (both believable).

I'm glad Daymond was back -- I like him, and I like Lori better when he's around (instead of when Barbara or a guest shark take Daymond's place). Lori seemed more relaxed and really was the voice of reason. Or maybe it was because this episode featured so few Lori-friendly products

It's completely changed at least twice since I took it, then? Granted, that was 1992-1993, but still. The highest score was 1600 back then. I took a pilot class in school to raise my score, which worked. Later, in college, I tutored at a family-run private SAT-prep service.

There are/were absolutely ways to raise one's score, and they didn't necessarily have to do with intelligence. Knowing one's strengths and focusing upon those questions is one strategy. For example, at the time, unanswered questions were downscored at a quarter of the weight of a wrong answer.

• Love 1

See, he lost me the minute he said his original score was average. I know his point was to say his methods work, but that's the thing: if you take the test blind and get a perfect or near perfect score, then I believe you're wicked smart. If you do all sort of test-prep specifically geared toward increasing your score...you're good at taking tests. .

In my opinion/experience, it's actually the opposite. I always took standardized tests once, and I scored very highly (34 on the ACT). It's not because I was particularly brilliant, although I recognize that I am intelligent. I was just really good at taking tests. Once was all I needed. There was another kid a year behind me who took the test several times, preparing more and more each time. Started out with average scores, then about 3 or 4 retests later he got a 36. I think that kid was more intelligent than I was, and in part it was because he was so adept at learning how to take the tests. Of course, there are lots of brilliant folks who will always suck at standardized tests, and lots of average folks who will always be able to summon some power and score above (or well above) average, so YMMV :)

I don't remember Daymond saying anything disrespectful to the bra lady. Robert's amazement that she has 4 kids was very strange. People do reproduce and have children, Rob. Kevin and Mark were definitely remarking on how she was cutting off her husband and doing the talking for him, but we've seen these people comment on presenters' talking styles before. This doesn't even rank top-5 in moments where the Sharks were rude to the presenters.

Overall, very boring episode. SAT guy had a nice intro package, but not much of a business.

I think their surprise about her having four kids was that she'd gone through four pregnancies and had such a great figure. It was meant as a compliment. They did disrespect her with some of their other comments though.

• Love 3

I never did the SAT prep thing although it wasn't as big an industry back when I took the SATs.  I don't plan on having my son do any specific prep for them either (he's in 7th grade so he's got a few years).  The only "prep" I did was reading a book that basically explained the strategy for guessing if you didn't know any answer - the author claimed you could get 1100 (back when 1600 was the top score) without reading a single question.  Basically he studied a whole bunch of past tests and found the bias in how the answers are positioned.  I didn't need to guess on any of the questions so I didn't get to try out his theories in real life.  I only took the SAT once as well - my score was good enough that odds were I'd score lower the next time out.

The ice chest cooler just seemed unnecessary for me.  It only cools one person, it's expensive and there was no comment on how noisy it is.  Suck it up if it's hot outside, or stay inside.

I'm not qualified in any way to discuss whether the sports bra was a good idea or not, my impression was it looked like it was heavy but she mentioned being able to take out pads.  My wife didn't have much to say about it either.

I used to travel a lot for business.  I never had need for some sort of heavy battery being carried around in my bag.  I figured out how to keep my devices charged by planning ahead for the day.  And rather than rely on some hard drive in your bag that's being thrown around all day invest in some cloud storage.  And by invest I mean sign up for a free Google Drive or Drop Box account.

• Love 1

Sports bra:  The woman's stupid outfit pairing workout clothes with high heels is enough to hate her.  The one good thing about the product is that it's apparently so adjustable that one size fits all, which is more of a benefit to retailers than to consumers. You can buy plenty of sports bra with adjustable straps.  And this one looked like it was enormously heavy and padded and therefore hot.  Pass.

See, this is what I thought, too. And I'm someone who cannot pass by a new version of a sports bra without thinking, "are you the one??"

But I sweat profusely when I work out, and this seemed constructed more like a life vest, rather than a lightweight sports bra.  Those big wide straps holding all that absorbed sweat next to my body, or merely adding more weight, does not seem like a comfortable design. 

Still, I'm looking forward to any real-life reviews from the folks here.  Would love to be proven wrong.

• Love 1

I hate it when people claim they could create some product better/cheaper/easier than a person that is actually doing it... but I'm really tempted to make my own cooler air conditioner. Just because. Cut an air intake, slap a filter on there. Mount a computer fan to the exhaust, add a hose if you want it. Find a rechargeable 12V battery on Amazon for less than $30. The hardest part is maintaining the integrity of the cooler when you're not using the A/C.

(To be fair, their website now has them "as low as" $199. Their absurdly high cost could be a volume issue that will go down over time, but we usually hear about that during the episode.)

Anyway, I don't see these being very useful for camping where you need your ice to last longer than 3-4 hours. It might be something nice to have for tailgating or baseball games. 

• Love 2

I hate it when people claim they could create some product better/cheaper/easier than a person that is actually doing it... but I'm really tempted to make my own cooler air conditioner. Just because. Cut an air intake, slap a filter on there. Mount a computer fan to the exhaust, add a hose if you want it. Find a rechargeable 12V battery on Amazon for less than $30. The hardest part is maintaining the integrity of the cooler when you're not using the A/C.

(To be fair, their website now has them "as low as" $199. Their absurdly high cost could be a volume issue that will go down over time, but we usually hear about that during the episode.)

Anyway, I don't see these being very useful for camping where you need your ice to last longer than 3-4 hours. It might be something nice to have for tailgating or baseball games. 

I totally agree!  We bought an old ice chest at a yard sale a few years ago for $5. I'm thinking it had to be from the 80s and the big feature on it was that it plugged into your cigarette lighter and stayed cold, so similar technology has existed for awhile. I'm not even very good at that kind of thing, but even I could see where you could attach a hose that would keep you cool, and a battery that you could plug it into.

• Love 1

About 10 years ago, my husband and I had the *brilliant* idea to go camping in Key West over Memorial Day weekend.   It was easily over 90 degrees during the day and the tent held the heat in.  No matter how many vents we opened, the ocean breeze in the evenings didn't move the air and it was stifling in the tent at night.  We couldn't get any sleep we were so miserable. 

As soon as I saw the cooler, I told hoosierdaddy that we should have had one for that trip.  Stick a block of ice in there, put the hose into the tent and keep the cooler outside and we would have been much better off.  I love the concept.

The price, not so much.  There are YouTube tutorials on how to make the same thing with a battery powered desk fan, some duct work and a one of those $5 Styrofoam coolers.  That is the option we will use if we ever have the insane idea to go camping in Key West in the summer again.

(Though I will admit, our campsite was right on the ocean and it was a great view to wake up to)

• Love 1

I think their surprise about her having four kids was that she'd gone through four pregnancies and had such a great figure. It was meant as a compliment. They did disrespect her with some of their other comments though.

Totally subjective and who knows what he really meant, but when I heard it in the moment I thought he meant she looked too young to have had four children.
  • Love 1

Was there any mention of the ice duration? There's only so much heat it can absorb. I can appreciate the low-tech approach of using an ice-based device rather than trying to run a compressor, but ice easily melts in a few hours without pumping hot air through it. This seems like you'd be 90 minutes away from having warm drinks *and* an overpriced fan.

• Love 1

I would never buy the phone charging, hard-drive storage backpack, but it doesn't stop me from wondering if it really functions as a backpack, or if it is just a wearable phone charger hard drive. Is there any extra room for a lunch bag or to stash your purchases or a bottle of sunscreen?  Did it have a little pouch to hold a bottle of water?  

The bra seemed like a good idea, but I can't believe that no one has ever thought of it before - it doesn't seem that complicated.  I am thinking that someone has tried it before, but, for some reason, it didn't sell.  

I guess it doesn't get that hot where I live, because I can't imagine anyone spending that much on a giant, portable, individual "air conditioner."  And where are you supposed to get blocks of ice when you are camping?

The test prep guy's company relies too much on him being the test prep guy.  Not sure how well you can train someone one else to teach the way he can teach it.  The only way to make him be the teacher everywhere is to have it be an online course. But those have drawbacks - like not being able to ask the instructor a question in real time.  I can see why most parents prefer paying for an actual live class instead of an online one, but if you do it online, you can have more than one child sitting at the computer and only pay for one (split the cost with a friend).

I would never buy the phone charging, hard-drive storage backpack, but it doesn't stop me from wondering if it really functions as a backpack, or if it is just a wearable phone charger hard drive. Is there any extra room for a lunch bag or to stash your purchases or a bottle of sunscreen?  Did it have a little pouch to hold a bottle of water?  

They have two different styles of bag, and they both have a capacity about about 1400 cubic inches.  That seems roomy enough for me.

• Love 1

I guess it doesn't get that hot where I live, because I can't imagine anyone spending that much on a giant, portable, individual "air conditioner."  And where are you supposed to get blocks of ice when you are camping?

The product just reminds me of this gif image. 007523064e428da9e7271d0eb107ef1c.jpg

Edited by nobodyyoucare
  • Love 2

Still, I'm looking forward to any real-life reviews from the folks here.  Would love to be proven wrong.

I'll let you know when I get mine.  I ordered it a week ago, and it hasn't even shipped yet, and they won't respond to my emails asking how long it will take.  I know a lot of companies aren't prepared to handle the volume after their product airs on Shark Tank, but I'm annoyed.  

I got an email the other day from Shefit saying they had immense response from Shark Tank, and they're basically backordered. They told me I can expect my bra in the mail around March 26, and that if I wanted to cancel my order I could get a full refund. They are also offering a free gift - a Shefit laundry bag! Yippee? I was glad they emailed, though, but it was about a week or so after I had ordered.

• Love 1

I got an email the other day from Shefit saying they had immense response from Shark Tank, and they're basically backordered. They told me I can expect my bra in the mail around March 26, and that if I wanted to cancel my order I could get a full refund. They are also offering a free gift - a Shefit laundry bag! Yippee? I was glad they emailed, though, but it was about a week or so after I had ordered.

Oh, thanks so much.  I'm starting to think $70 is a little much for a sports bra, and I"m impatient and don't want to wait another two months for it.  Which begs the question, shouldn't every company on Shark Tank be prepared (staff, extra merchandise, etc). so they won't become two months backordered?  They don't know if they'll get a deal until the end, but the exposure alone I would think would be beneficial for every pitch, even the duds!   

• Love 1