Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Jason, if you want to impress your "fans",  don't write "gonna" and "wanna". The correct words for adults are "going to" and "want to". And this offering is so lame, do you really, truly expect anyone to subscribe? Even if it's only $5 a month? You need to find a new line of work, buddy. I've heard that real estate in CA is hot now. 

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Y'know the thing about a shark, he's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes.

"And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you." -- Beyond Good and Evil, Friedrich Nietzsche

• Love 11
(edited)

If you want to interact with your fans than do it. Don't charge them for it.

I think maybe that family where the mother and her daughters all have names that begin with a K  jump-started this trend and made it profitable. Arguably none of them have any particular talent so JT will likely do okay unless he's seriously overestimated how many fans he has. And how many of them are delusional enough to think they can pay just $5 and become a soap star's pal! I bet the subscription fee rises in the second year and that's when they start the "2 years for $8.50" crap and then send you renewal deals every six months. Eventually you need advanced calculus skills to determine that you're not actually saving any money.

It's not just JT on this little venture. Two guys on DAYS are also on it too. Seems to me like a desperate ploy to squeeze a few more miles out of car that's already running on vapors. Interesting though that it's the two Sony soaps involved.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think maybe that family where the mother and her daughters all have names that begin with a K  jump-started this trend and made it profitable. Arguably none of them have any particular talent so JT will likely do okay unless he's seriously overestimated how many fans he has. And how many of them are delusional enough to think they can pay just $5 and become a soap star's pal! I bet the subscription fee rises in the second year and that's when they start the "2 years for $8.50" crap and then send you renewal deals every six months. Eventually you need advanced calculus skills to determine that you're not actually saving any money.

It's not just JT on this little venture. Two guys on DAYS are also on it too. Seems to me like a desperate ploy to squeeze a few more miles out of car that's already running on vapors. Interesting though that it's the two Sony soaps involved.

That is so pathetic.   Sad!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Galen Gehring and Greg Vaughn are apparently the other two.  Rocket Scientists, they are not.  Or talented at anything other than teeth whitening.

How much you wanna bet Ron Moss and Cam Mat are the next two lunkheads to sign up?

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, boes said:

Galen Gehring and Greg Vaughn are apparently the other two.  Rocket Scientists, they are not.  Or talented at anything other than teeth whitening.

How much you wanna bet Ron Moss and Cam Mat are the next two lunkheads to sign up?

I am disappointed at Greg Vaughn. 

• Love 14
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think the actors that are doing this know exactly who their audience is. I'm willing to bet that they have more than a few diehard (mostly) female fans who are more than happy to pay for extra "access" to their favourite soap actors. Back in the day, when celebrities used to have fan clubs, those clubs would have different levels of membership- the more you paid, the more "perks" you received- to me this is no different. That being said, I do find it odd to do something like this in this day and age, given how social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) already allows fans to gain personal access to celebrities - honestly, how much more access can you get? I think the fans that are willing to pay for this app are the same ones who send gifts to them, (not flowers or cupcakes) but extravagant gifts that would probably amuse/surprise/horrify some of you. Never underestimate the lengths that a fan girl will go to for their favourite stars. 

• Love 14

^Awww, hell no.  Did Lily just kill Juliet?  I would like a whodunit, but can't Billy be the victim?  And, eww, gross...are they having sex where Dummer eats her Cocoa Puffs?

On 6/22/2017 at 4:29 PM, rcc said:

Nope sorry Jason not interested. And I don't like the scruff either.

I don't mind the scruff.  It's the face underneath it that's thoroughly unappealing. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Philly Sex Scene #177273839. Can't wait to see what scenes these actors choose for their Emmy reels!

And America responds with more Philly love.....

giphy.gif

• Love 18
4 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Philly Sex Scene #177273839. Can't wait to see what scenes these actors choose for their Emmy reels!

I think there's a deep meaning in the sex scene. They're in the Garden of Eden. Billy, the apple, and now Phyllis is the snake who is all about Buttbiscuit's snake. 

Or they're just desecrating the kitchen and will need a hazmat team for cleanup. I hope they don't bring out whipped cream and other sex foods, 

• Love 13
(edited)

LOL  if juliette is pregnant, then i hope she carries baby to term..

lily can experience what christine, sharon, vikki felt when they found out their huzzbend knocked up someone else.

i don't like lily or cane so for me, it's all good.

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

^Awww, hell no.  Did Lily just kill Juliet?  I would like a whodunit, but can't Billy be the victim?  And, eww, gross...are they having sex where Dummer eats her Cocoa Puffs?

I don't mind the scruff.  It's the face underneath it that's thoroughly unappealing. 

I thought the same thing and I don't have kids!

• Love 5
17 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I think there's a deep meaning in the sex scene. They're in the Garden of Eden. Billy, the apple, and now Phyllis is the snake who is all about Buttbiscuit's snake. 

Or they're just desecrating the kitchen and will need a hazmat team for cleanup. I hope they don't bring out whipped cream and other sex foods, 

Ah shit. I was making chicken, roasted pecan and green apple salad tonight. WAS.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

And ready to date Moses, their...uncle-in-law? Step-uncle?

Now that's a conundrum wrapped in a Winter's, isn't it?

Lily thinks of Kneel as her father, but her bio Dad is Malcolm, and Malcolm and Kneel are half-brothers, same father, different mothers.  

So biologically, Kneel is Lily's half-uncle, which would make Moses not her half brother but instead her quarter-cousin.  And the terrible twins would be his 1st cousins one removed.

And the operative word there is "remove", as in Moses, stay as far away from this group of nudniks as you can possibly get.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, boes said:

Now that's a conundrum wrapped in a Winter's, isn't it?

Lily thinks of Kneel as her father, but her bio Dad is Malcolm, and Malcolm and Kneel are half-brothers, same father, different mothers.  

So biologically, Kneel is Lily's half-uncle, which would make Moses not her half brother but instead her quarter-cousin.  And the terrible twins would be his 1st cousins one removed.

And the operative word there is "remove", as in Moses, stay as far away from this group of nudniks as you can possibly get.

Yikes, I completely forgot about Malcolm. Whatever, when I used that gender-non-specific pronoun "their," I was thinking of Juliet's possible baby, who would be Mattie and Charlie's half-sibling and what, some kind of in-law cousin to Moses through Cane? Even with no blood ties there would be quite the scandal within the Winters-Ashby extended clan for Baby Helton to be dating Moses. Why, I'm clutching my pearls just imagining it.

• Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yikes, I completely forgot about Malcolm. Whatever, when I used that gender-non-specific pronoun "their," I was thinking of Juliet's possible baby, who would be Mattie and Charlie's half-sibling and what, some kind of in-law cousin to Moses through Cane? Even with no blood ties there would be quite the scandal within the Winters-Ashby extended clan for Baby Helton to be dating Moses. Why, I'm clutching my pearls just imagining it.

By that time, perhaps Baby will be all grown up ( in soap years that should be in about, say 3 years) and, old enough to catch the eye of Step Ex Uncle Grampa Kneel while falling under the hypnotic spell of Cousin Uncle-by-marriage and convenient Musak mogul Darvon and we can have ANOTHER rooomantic triangle!  

Baby Helton, meet the Winter's boat house - and Auntie Screech, also known as Lily, who by now will be the world's leading hand model.

The possibilities are endless!

Edited by boes
  • Love 15

Has anyone watched today's? A woman is tweeting that Michael Muhney's photo has been inserted in the family displayed photos that everyone seems to have in their offices in Genoa City.

This could get interesting.

• Love 7

jasoncc, i was just perusing dc confidential and clicked on the podcast to read what it is about and then i saw this:

The Daytime Confidential podcast wraps with Jamey teasing big, imminent industry news that will have soon have the soap world abuzz.

so YES, i do think muhney is coming back to y&r.....

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

jasoncc, i was just perusing dc confidential and clicked on the podcast to read what it is about and then i saw this:

The Daytime Confidential podcast wraps with Jamey teasing big, imminent industry news that will have soon have the soap world abuzz.

So Chelzzz drops Nick like a hot rock and Adam mops the floor with Buttbiscuit? I'm in!

• Love 15

Well, lets be honest. MM hasn't exactly been too busy since he was fired. His glory days as Adam Newman are far behind him. No doubt, if they ask him back he could probably start today. 

• Love 9

Yes Steve Burton is going back to GH those luckies! Besides being a bad actor, he's a strange guy IMHO. 

Also Kate Linster/Esther long time husband passed away I think today ? 

I actually heard another rumor MM might be back but I think Angelica McD confirmed in some way the character of Adam would be returning. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I did feel that circa late 2013 the stars were aligned for Billy Miller's Billy Abbott and Michael Muhney's Adam Newman to be the new dynamic of Jack vs. Victor. Soaps are always ensembles, but they needed a flagship rivalry (with both grey, flawed characters) for the new generation and I thought that would be it. Would it even still work with a three years later with so many recasts in-between? Is the moment lost? 

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, JasonCC said:

I did feel that circa late 2013 the stars were aligned for Billy Miller's Billy Abbott and Michael Muhney's Adam Newman to be the new dynamic of Jack vs. Victor

eb being as thin skinned as someone else probably felt the same thing...

• Love 8
3 hours ago, JasonCC said:

Would it even still work with a three years later with so many recasts in-between? Is the moment lost? 

As far as I'm concerned (not like TPTB ever asked me or anything LOL), no the moment is not lost.  But then again, I really don't care about recasts...in fact, instead of dropping a character because an actor leaves, I'm all in favor of a recast.

• Love 7

Chiming in from the UO Lounge here--I can't stand either MM or SB, for quite different reasons, so this is a "devil or the deep blue sea" item for me. So long as GH absorbs Mr Woody Pyramid Scheme, I'm okay though.

• Love 7
(edited)
21 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

That's what I'm wondering, though I did see a tweet from earlier this morning referring to an article on some soap website that asked whether SBu was returning to GH. That site is highly suspect in its rumors (I think they get them from Celebrity Dirty Laundry for the most part). But JG's announcement at the end of that podcast got me wondering. I then started thinking about who would also cause a Twitter stir if they returned and, of course, if BM returned to Y&R that'd be pretty momentous for a lot of viewers. And there's another possibility, and I do believe that would cause a brouhaha, and that'd be the return of the guy who played AJ on Days. With RC back as that show's new HR and his shows beginning to air in a few weeks, I think that's a very distinct possibility. But Jamie's comments made it sound as if there were more than several big developments across the daytime spectrum.  It seemed that more than one show was going to be affected, so returns and swaps might be the order on all the shows, except B&B, but they already had their big surprise return last week.

ETA: I see that I posted before seeing the posts below the one I quoted. With Logan's confirmation, that nails down one of the possibilities. But I go back to JG's comment and it was pretty clear he indicated there were "developments" going on that should break later this week or sometime next.  Surely, this can't be just about boring old SBu

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 4

TMS, jamey has also said, and quite vehemently, that adam WILL BE RECAST and he was standing by what he knows.

he posted that on twitter when someone challenged him on the adam recast.

so, i fully expect an adam recast, am hoping it will be with mm, but mostly, i just want adam back.

i'm sorry but abby as ceo of newmans is just utterly stupid.

• Love 3
(edited)

Isn't the photo from The Shining?  I'm aware that JG said that Adam will be returning. He also said on the end of the podcast that there were things at play BTS - didn't indicate which show, probably all or several of them. 

Just saw a tweet from MM responding to a fan who was congratulating him on his "return to the show". He thanked her but said that there was no return to Y&R "at this time", but to keep up the positive thoughts.

As for BM, he wasn't all that happy at Y&R or it seemed that way to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but he didn't seem all that committed to the show and kept asking for contract outs to let him go on auditions and taking weeks-long sabbaticals in order to film other shows. Would he even want to return to this show? That said, the series he'll be filming is only on for about 10 episodes once a year. That's hardly enough to fully occupy an actor's time, and Liev Shrieber works other projects and does this show, so it would be possible for BM to have multiple acting gigs, but would he want to return to Y&R? Of all the characters on the show right now, Billy's has undergone the most jarring changes in service to making the role fit the actor now playing him rather than casting the right actor. Billy's a jerk now. He doesn't just look like a jerk and a couple of pigs' snouts, but he acts like a dick. He was always a fuck up, but he didn't mean to hurt others. Wouldn't it be bizarre seeing BM now playing the character again and try to watch him opposite Phyllis? That's just too strange to contemplate.

I keep going back to a thing JG said on either this past podcast or the one last week, and he stated he didn't like nor understand making a big deal about the return of a character, dead or just out of the picture, without the original recipe ingredient. The things he's now saying about the stuff coming up make me wonder if this might actually be in the works though, and it'd be a mind-blower if both BM and MM returned simultaneously.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 12