Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 01/25/16

Athena
  • Start Topic

Miss Whoopi is super-annoying... as in asking mothers, "Do you want your child protected?" No, Whoopi, I want my child molested, because there is NO MIDDLE GROUND between them learning about sex ed at home and being molested.

Then she followed Sunny's answer of "I want to teach my child myself" with "WELL, WILL YOU?"

FFS. Who appointed her ABC's Child Protection Czar?

This was incredibly hypocritical coming from someone who got pregnant at a young age herself, and has a daughter and granddaughter who both became pregnant in their VERY young teens. The Great Sage Miss Whoopi has a helluva lot of nerve (1) telling anyone else how to parent (2) specifically about sex education.

I would pay good American money to anyone on the panel who would have the cojones to ask if she herself was protected as a child, and if the same could be said for her daughter and granddaughter.

Things happen... but usually the people they happen to don't have the collossal nerve to lecture other people on their attempts to raise their children in a way that they hope prevents those things from happening.*

*sorry, a little Elisabeth word-salady here at the end.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 14
He sees women as pretty things he can own, and the biggest insult is for him to say he's not attracted to a woman.

I'm sure each American woman dies a little when she realizes The Donald might not be attracted to her--I know I'll never get over it.  He did marry one American--his "baby mama"...a couple of years after the baby was born; otherwise, he seems to prefer those whose first language is not English. 

• Love 10

I love watching "Another World," ...oh wait, it's only CCB.

I'd rather still be watching the real Another World then what The Spew is now...

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2

Trump seems to be attracted to women that have a first name that ends in "A".  #1 Ivana #2 Marla #3 Melania. How does Palin spell her first name? Is it SARAH or (wait for it).......SARA?.......cue up the mystery music sound bite...da-da-da-da   

Edited by dimo
  • Love 1
Trump seems to be attracted to women that have a first name that ends in "A".

Maybe "Former Nunna"?                                      Like nunna THAT!

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 5

Trump seems to be attracted to women that have a first name that ends in "A".  #1 Ivana #2 Marla #3 Melania. How does Palin spell her first name? Is it SARAH or (wait for it).......SARA?.......cue up the mystery music sound bite...da-da-da-da   

Maybe "Former Nunna"?                                      Like nunna THAT!

LOL - I fit the category, but totally reject the premises!  Does Brattinella want to weigh in?

• Love 2

Funny about the whole charity thing by CCB in regards to Trump.  Who is known for getting others to pony up, he hands the check over and gets the credit.  Even to the point of getting his name plastered on things as if it was his and his alone.  I'll bet he has never handed over a penny that did not mean he could take at least one more off his taxes or offset some holding he was going to throw out for bankruptcy but take no credit for that mind you.  Until he writes his next book and brags about how cunning and brilliant he is for taking advantage of the system.

I really hope as the election progresses, Rachel Maddow is brought on again as a guest.  I would love to see her in her usual fashion oh so gently and politely but completely dismantle the likes of CCB and Paula.  Again it points out the lack of dividend on this brain trust of a panel that no one takes the whole charity claims by CCB and puts them together with Trump outright lying how horrible a situation financially the nation is in that is all Obama's fault.  How does lowering taxes and removing regulation going to let businesses thrive here in the US that have cheap labor and no regulations and have been exploiting that for years already when they upped and outsourced pretty much everything?  Taxes are used for the good of the all.  Roads, education health research even promoting industry.  Regulations protect us all with clean air, safe working, traveling and living conditions.  Clean and abundant water.  Proper management of waste.  In a sense it is "charity" for the all that does not wait for someone to notice the problem and try to fix it case by case.  Again.  The lack of even a true ounce of simple common sense on this panel is amazing.  To once again have this man propped up by a misleading and even mostly false statement by Hair, Nails and Heels and no one stops to think "yesssss but this is what he said and this is what he said would do'. Joy really needs to step it up and stop with the over generalized things most people already think about in their sleep.  This is an election year.  She needs to earn that check and start doing a bit more research or simply stop being so lazy.  The blaring cadences of the angry water buffalo in heat that Miss Whoopi thinks emulating is a sign of good debate needs to not be the sole voice on the other side.

Edited by tenativelyyours
  • Love 13

Funny about the whole charity thing by CCB in regards to Trump.  Who is known for getting others to pony up, he hands the check over and gets the credit.  Even to the point of getting his name plastered on things as if it was his and his alone.  I'll bet he has never handed over a penny that did not mean he could take at least one more off his taxes

We've got a guy like that here in RI too.  I refuse to call him a philanthropist because he doesn't contribute a dime of his own cash.  He's always on TV begging for funds for his "foundation" which he then distributes to schools that are then named after him, and HE takes the tax credit.  (Naturally, the first withdrawal is for his "administrative costs".)  Many of these schools are now ranked in the bottom on the education scale.  Part of his shtick involves cheap-ass programs for kids, throwing free t-shirts at them, of course with his name emblazoned on them...he calls them his "scholars" and instructs them to "do a good deed today".  Little $$$ and little effort on his part, but he revels in the glory.  It really frosts my tail b/c now his grown daughter is part of the act, and she always looks quite glammed up.  While he's far from being Trump, it wouldn't surprise if DT was his inspiration.  Play the system, play the system...

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 3

My highschool had a daycare in the vocational tech wing for the teen moms that went to school. The sex end class I got in school was actually a joke because it was condoms for the boys and abstinence for the girls. Clearly THAT wasn't working.

My parents sat my ass down and gave the sex talk. Also the drugs and alcohol talk. (When you have a parent that's a recovering alcoholic and also come from a family that let you have beer/wine when you turn 16 at family holiday gatherings the discussion about alcohol becomes important). My parents did the right thing and taught me the things that parents are suppose to teach. And they didn't teach Just Say No or abstinence.

I guess I seem hung up on the abstinence thing. But its just been proven to not be effective. If I wasn't doing this from a phone I'd try to find links. And to me, the moderator (I don't know her name sorry) to get so upset over the school teaching her kid, saying she's gonna teach her kid and then say Abstinence...ugh makes me want to smack her.

• Love 2

Okay, in regards to sex health education. What one of the ladies don't seem to understand, SCHOOLS ARE TEACHING THIS BECAUSE PARENTS ARE REFUSING TO DO SO. Plus.. just teaching abstinence? Are you seriously kidding me? Abstinence only is such bull. If parents took their heads out of their asses and PROPERLY taught their kids about sex education, then maybe the outrage of school teaching it will lessen. 

And don't just teach Abstinence. Teach protection. Teach respect for others. Teach about STD's and show them what it's like to actually have a child when you are not ready. Teach what's important. To take care of their bodies, and if you make the choice to have sex, protect yourself. Just don't do the abstinence only bs. 

This is the only thing Michelle added to today's show. She's the only one who said, "They have to teach it because parents won't." Of course Sunni and Candace had nothing to say to that. A parent's right to control their children shouldn't override their children's rights to know about their bodies and how to protect themselves. Sex education is just as necessary to function as math, science, English, etc.

• Love 10

Um, was Candace kinda/sorta defending people who were calling Megyn Kelly names because it happens to her? Because that's what it sounded like.

Yeah, it sure did.  There was a report that since Trump's issue with Megyn Kelly, there have been horrible things written about her on social media.  

It was weird that The View dismisses the issue because "you should read what they say about us!"    If they are going to say it's nothing, then why bring it up at all? 

I saw the article about  it, and the issue wasn't that there are mean tweets -  it was that since DONALD TRUMP started a feud with Megyn Kelly, and the feud included Trump attacking her on Twitter, Trump's followers have attacked her as well.  80,000 tweets in 24 hours, with many of those tweets coming from people who follow Trump on Twitter.  Her twitter feed and facebook page have been flooded with obscene and ugly remarks. many of those comments would not have been made if Trump himself wasn't attacking her on Twitter..

The View should have been kinder about it.   She has done nothing to warrant any of the hatred.   Black and Muslim people at Trump rallies have been attacked, and Trump has cheered on the attacks, making comments about the protestors.   It's not far-fetched to think that someone might attack Kelly, thinking they were doing what Trump wanted. 

I'm sure CCB gets some mean remarks too.  But I doubt it's being led by someone who is running for president. 

• Love 6
Padma seems to be AWOL, so maybe she decided she was above the whole thing.

Padma is working her day job - Top Chef which is filming all over California this season. 

I think CCB was probably one of those candidates that sounded good on paper but no one really had, or tried to have, a real conversation with her before offering her the job.   I can't see where she adds anything of any interest to any conversation, outside of maybe a Bible study group.  

• Love 7

What was with Michelle defending Snooki? Someone else kept saying "Snooki" and Michelle kept correcting them, saying "she doesn't like to be called that." Is Snooki one of her friends and if so, real classy caliber of people she's associating with. She was just so very irritating and annoying - as usual.

• Love 3

So umm I just tuned in at 11:30, why in the hell are there 6 of them??

The Fox person was there to talk about the debate and then NEVER left the table.

Expected her to leave after the debate talk but didn't happened. They seem to like a crowd at that table!

• Love 2

What was with Michelle defending Snooki? Someone else kept saying "Snooki" and Michelle kept correcting them, saying "she doesn't like to be called that." Is Snooki one of her friends and if so, real classy caliber of people she's associating with. She was just so very irritating and annoying - as usual.

Well neither does Miss Whoopi but tough tittie said the kittie!  LOL

• Love 6

Sorry y'all yous all. I have Godfather on the brain, and have been watching the Epic (HBO on Demand, BABY!), and basking in Al Pacino, James Caan, Rober DeNiro, and Marlon Brando's hawtness (Shut up! Brando was still yummy at 47!) and saying goodbye to Tessio Vigoda, that I haven't had the inclination to watch the past two days of this show dreck.

I'll try to do it this weekend. Maybe I might have something to say that will be comprehensible. Or not.

• Love 7

Note to Sherri - the earth is round......but it could still be flat. Like a CD, lol. Rather than round like a ball.

I loved when Joy said the kids have a lot more fun on the playground when the bully isn't there (regarding Trump) but I immediately thought of Fridays without Miss Whoopi.

• Love 12

I watch Fridays because of the lack of Miss Whoopi but Sherri had to bring up her name then Joy says that the EGOT is to be a presenter at the Oscars. Big whoop! LOL

• Love 1

Wow, what a week of crap.  Just got done muddling my way through the DVR.  Y'all have already said it, and said it better.

Lowlights, Paula and CCB and their nonsense about Planned Parenthood and CCB and Sunny's objections to age appropriate sex education in schools.  Sunny, I sure hope that while you're teaching abstinence, you cover protection, just in case.  And yeah - teaching the bathing suit area and good touch and bad touch should start way back in pre-school. Morons.

Oops, I forgot about the war criminal Donald Rumsfeld popping up all over the teevee machine this week to shill his app - go back to your bunker old man.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 11

Paula loves trump. It's obvious

Her constant  yammering  that she is a journalist completely invalidates the journalist title when she is so proTrump.  To me - and maybe I am wrong - being a journalist  means  that one is  unbiased and  can represent the truth fairly.

• Love 7

Her constant  yammering  that she is a journalist completely invalidates the journalist title when she is so proTrump.  To me - and maybe I am wrong - being a journalist  means  that one is  unbiased and  can represent the truth fairly.

Exactly!!  I liked Paula but she's testing my limits.  C'mon Paula, The Donald???  (Can you imagine?  President Donald Trump?  OMG!!)

• Love 7

Realize  that the man has been bought right? They just did not realize that derps would fall so very much in line.  That man is doing everything he can to attempt to scare folks but... He's working for Clinton. No doubt about it. He keeps trying to be more and more offensive and stupid which is just making them  more hoo ra Murica hell ya! derp! Constertirions. Watch.. He will become so outrageous.. We will see how far this goes.. 

Padma is working her day job - Top Chef which is filming all over California this season. 

This season of Top Chef though aired the first episode the beginning of December.  I'm pretty sure it is filmed in its entirety before it airs.  So she has had at least two months barring any promotional work for the show.  Not sure if she hits the talk show circuit with or without Colicchio.

I usually don't bother with Friday shows unless I hear about something happening I need to check out (which seems like every time Miss Whoopi is on).  So Sherri was on.  Was there any mention of B.o.B. trying to get media attention with the ridiculous 'the earth is flat" bit he is doing?  Sad that Miss Whoopi wasn't on and feeling her nasty self towards Sherri because that could have been interesting. 

I still don't know why Paula is so enamored with Trump.  The Republican Party hates him.  His supporters are fringe element people that speak coded racism and misogyny if they even bother to try and disguise it.  He calls the media sleeze and scum at his rallied and keeps then in a penned off area and urges the crowd to boo them and shout imprecations.  Even though he didn't see a camera that he didn't try to dry hump for attention.  So he isn't even a Constitutional advocate since he stirs animus towards the free press.  Note to Paula.  If you stop giving yourself your own colonoscopy with your own head, you might remember you're the free press girl.   He actually has not one single policy.  His only single plan that has any actual foundation is his ridiculous claim he is going to make Mexico build that wall of his and even that is so nebulous and vague that, removing how simply stupid the assertion is, there still are no actual steps he lays out for such a proposal.  Oh and him wanting all Moslems to have to declare their religion at the "border" and then be turned away if they answer truthfully.   Including U.S. Moslems returning to the US.    Does she think he is great simply because it is entertainment and he gets attention in the news making it easy to put out a segment on him every day and get ratings?  Yeah, nothing like the TLC freakshow approach to electing our nation's leader.  He shows no leadership.  He has no experience outside of the private sector and seems to have made his fortune by using his inheritance and milking every Federal loophole he could to take other investors money, snag a chunk of the profits and then make sure if he makes huge mistakes, which he has, someone else takes the fall and he takes the easy way out that only rich people can when they lose all their money. 

Someone needs to come on and really take her to task over the 'whys'.  She refuses to really provide any substance to her 'view' and yet again and again goes out of her way to mitigate what he says.  With wanting ideas and notions as if they refute or lessen the disgusting and hateful things he says.  On camera.  Out loud.  In the very way that Paula should find, as a journalist who likes to think she is credible, should note and report on. 

Odd as it sounds, I want Ted Cruz to come on post Iowa and see him go after her.  I find him scary and disgusting as well.  But he will be in a fury if Trump can continue to media waltz his way to a win there and in New Hampshire.   And Paula's almost giggle giggle approach to Trump like she is voting for him in the Homecoming King election probably has not gone unnoticed by Cruz's media team.

• Love 12

I too was surprised when Sunny talked about wearing no makeup yet that particular day I thought whoa look at the makeup!  Her eyes and red lips were quite a change yet she didn't even mention it as part of her conversation as if no one would notice!  LOL  I wish she would style her hair, maybe a rocking new bob or something, the straggly look does nothing for her!  I like Sunny but was surprised at her stance about sex ed in schools.  Not all kids are fortunate enough to have parents who care or a stable home life at all.  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 4

Ok. I was trying to like Paula, but she has gone off the rails.

I'm beginning to fall behind.  Had no idea what this word meant until I Googled it.

I still don't know and am slightly afraid to google it ;-)

• Love 1

There has been talk that the Oscars are trying to make the broadcast more diverse by having more black presenters to give the white people their awards (since there are't any black nominees).  To me, that's even more tasteless.  But I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Whoopi quickly fell in line with this idea.  She just hopes maybe they'll pay her to host again if she stays on their good side.

• Love 9
But I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Whoopi quickly fell in line with this idea.

I can't wait to see her heartfelt humility when she gets (and I bet she will) a loud Standing "O" at the awards.  Let's hope she wears something beautiful; it happens.

• Love 3
I too was surprised when Sunny talked about wearing no makeup yet that particular day I thought whoa look at the makeup!  Her eyes and red lips were quite a change yet she didn't even mention it as part of her conversation as if no one would notice!  LOL  I wish she would style her hair, maybe a rocking new bob or something, the straggly look does nothing for her!

I laughed at my unintended joke.  I was going to write that yesterday's hair/make-up made her look FIFTY YEARS OLD...and then decided that I should find out how old she really is.  Forty-seven.  Never mind...a la Emily Litella.

So Sherri was on.  Was there any mention of B.o.B. trying to get media attention with the ridiculous 'the earth is flat" bit he is doing?

There was...but more focus was on Sherri's comment about Flat Earth when she was first on "The View."  Now she claims that she DEFINITELY knew the earth was round...but she was so flustered by the question and being new that she didn't realize what she was saying.  Didn't she also deny evolution for a long time (maybe she still does)?

• Love 4

I'm beginning to fall behind.  Had no idea what this word meant until I Googled it.

I had a vague idea, but never thought it went THIS far.  FYI.  LOL.

derp

One who, in an argument, takes a position, and when that position is destroyed by evidence and well-reasoned argument, acts as if the reasoned argument never happened, instead sticking to his original position while resorting to logical fallacies such as bad math, unwarranted assumptions, appeals to emotion, wishful thinking, false and deliberately misleading data and analysis, or ad-hominem attacks on his opponents. One who argues in bad faith.

Paul Ryan is a derp.

Salim Furth is derpy. Can put links here, search on yes-europe-really-is-in-the-throes-of-austerity

Avik Roy exhibits derpitude. Search New Republic. Search also Krugman blog bad-faith-and-civility-health-care-edition: "If someone says the sky is green, you prove that it’s actually blue, and the next day he comes back once again insisting that the sky is green, and this happens repeatedly, you eventually have to acknowledge that mannerly debate about the color of the sky just isn’t enough; you have to go meta, and talk about the fact that this guy and his friends just aren’t in the business of honest discussion."

• Love 2

I usually don't bother with Friday shows unless I hear about something happening I need to check out (which seems like every time Miss Whoopi is on).  So Sherri was on.  Was there any mention of B.o.B. trying to get media attention with the ridiculous 'the earth is flat" bit he is doing?  Sad that Miss Whoopi wasn't on and feeling her nasty self towards Sherri because that could have been interesting. 

Yes, they did talk about it, at length, & even showed a clip of when Sherri said she didn't know if the world was round or flat.  She gave her reasons for being confused:  going through a divorce, cable problems, child support, etc., which could explain her being slightly fuzzy-headed during her first week.

Oops, Former Nun already answered your question & I didn't see it (next page).

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 1

There has been talk that the Oscars are trying to make the broadcast more diverse by having more black presenters to give the white people their awards (since there are't any black nominees).  To me, that's even more tasteless.  But I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Whoopi quickly fell in line with this idea.  She just hopes maybe they'll pay her to host again if she stays on their good side.

I may be wrong, but if I was a black actor & felt slighted by the Oscars, I'd be damned if I'd be PRESENTING that award to one of the white winners.  Just sayin'.

• Love 8
Oops, Former Nun already answered your question & I didn't see it (next page).

Yours was the kinder answer, Medicine Crow.   I maintain she was an ig-nernt uninformed religious nutcase (not smart enough to be a zealot).

• Love 4