Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 01/25/16

Athena
  • Start Topic

Anyone who listens to Christian Top 40 is deranged.

Wow, and I thought we Christians were the closed minded ones. Sorry double posted.

I think it was a joke....

If so we need a joke emoji. Truly if it was a joke sorry that I took offense when none was meant. Edited by Athena
  • Love 1

If so we need a joke emoji. Truly if it was a joke sorry that I took offense when none was meant.

It was just a joke, but even over looking the religious aspect, I think most Christian Rock I've heard is just plain bad music IMO.  I'd like to know what music EDM music and artists Candace is into though.

• Love 4

NY Times article -

Prosecutors in Harris County said one of the leaders of the Center for Medical Progress — an anti-abortion group that made secretly recorded videos purporting to show Planned Parenthood officials trying to illegally profit from the sale of fetal tissue — had been indicted on a charge of tampering with a governmental record, a felony, and on a misdemeanor charge related to purchasing human organs.

But a grand jury is not convened for a misdemeanor. That was an additional charge that was tacked on to the more serious felony charge brought before the grand jury.

Donald Rumfeld should be playing his little solitaire game in prison.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 9

I don't look at is as something just tacked on. I believe those filmmakers would have bought whatever "body parts" they could get their hands on just to nail Planned Parenthood and I think the grand jury thought so, too. They should be prosecuted for it, even if it is only a misdemeanor.

• Love 5

When will they announce Michelle and Raven were fired?

I tried to address this point, but the computer ate my post!!. Anyway.... when Raven was going on about her need to return to school, I felt it was  a face saving moment coming on as in... she 's getting fired and she knows it.

• Love 5

They have to be  desperate to bring befuddled, arrogant S.O.B. Donald Rumsfeld on this show. Do they have Cheney booked next?

"I can't tell you if the use of force in Iraq today will last five days, five weeks or five months, but it won't last any longer than that."
Donald Rumsfeld

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
Donald Rumsfeld

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 9

My thought was that Raven saw the writing on the wall regarding her stint on this show, and she was covering her ass (being proactive -ish) with all the "going back to school" talk.. Ok  I get that. And if she really wants to pursue education, then could for her. I will not miss her on this show though. I reminded me of Bistsy and her "I need to be home to fix breakfast for my kids" um... ok...

• Love 6

Lord know Raven needs to pursue some sort of education, so I hope there is some truth to what she said and it's not just a lie to save face.

Anyway.

I don't know which segment was more painful ... watching a doddering Donald Rumsfeld bumble through his entire segment or having to watch the whole group make fools of themselves with the "food pairing" game.  

Paula licking Rumsfeld's boots was pretty disgusting.  But listening to the panel bicker and talk over each other during what could have been an interesting and informative segment was frustrating as hell.  And Whoopi's repeated sneering and smirking faces actually started to piss me off a little.  I think I am going to have to call it a tie.  

• Love 5

"When will they announce Michelle and Raven were fired?"

They already have. Sunny was there last week and my favorite person (UGH) was there last

week and this week also. Is she 3/3 this week?

Didn't watch today!

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 3

What? Whoopi, the fucking EGOT, can't remember dialogue from The Godfather? Or maybe I should say, only Whoopi would mangle the lines and not KNOW one of the many famous lines that Tessio (Abe Vigoda) said.

It wasn't to Michael, you numnut, but to Duvall's Tom Hagen, asking not to be killed. The actual dialogue was:

"Tell Mike it was only business. I always liked him."

"He understands that."

"Tom, can you get me off the hook? For old time's sake?"

"Can't do it, Sally."

There was no "Mikey" in there, nor was it said TO Michael (Al Pacino).

Maroon.

And Paula, SHUT UP! Her defending that blowhard Trump for saying he would not attend the debate? That he had a point and she agreed with him? That he is a principled guy? So glad all of the others gave her the side-eye on that. And no, not even from a business sense, is what he's doing a good thing, or whatever she was saying. I won't lie: I loved how she flubbered and tried to back pedal, but I wasn't buying it.  And all that bullshit about how "people" love him, because he's a reality star--right then and there was the PERFECT chance to discuss that THAT is the reason he has no business running for the highest office. He's a narcissistic, racist, mysogonistic, bigoted ASSHOLE. I don't consider Fox News a "major News Industry" or whatever it was that Paula said they were, but so fucking what that they sunk to his level? They and the rest of the media are the reason, that fucking blowhard is everywhere. If they'd ignored him, I'd like to think he wouldn't have gotten as much traction as he has.

Because NONE of these debates have much to do with policy or what makes each candidate qualified to run for office; it's like fucking high school: asking what he/she thinks about what Trump said about them, and how that makes them feel; or the idiotic and stupid idiots--who, instead of asking what Hillary can do versus Bernie, asks her if she is a liar after all? Whatever.

And having Rumsfeld was a total waste of however long he was there. Talking like a senile old fool.  And if the audience had any cojones, they wouldn't have applauded for that piece of scum, let alone "whooo-ing" him as if he were some great Rock Star.  I loved how Paula had to tell the audience to clap in agreement and howl, that it was an "honor and privilege" (Me: GAG) to have him on the show. NO. It would be an HONOR and a PRIVILEGE to have President Obama on the show, not this third point of the AXIS of EVIL.

Look, I'm a religious person. Not overly so. BUT even I know that religion or a candidate's religion or lack thereof, should NOT be part of the reason why one votes for them or not. Because I KNOW what Separation of Church and State means. So, shut up, Candace Miss Chipmunk and Paula.

As for that doctor, who was drunk and kneed the uber driver? Not that I'm defending her, because she was totally playing up to the camera, but the video that was aired, didn't show why the uber driver had shackled her hands. Other than to prevent being scratched and hit? What caused it?  And again, shut up, Paula. Like any assholes who make fools and assinines of themselves on videos that go viral, need to "prove to you" that they are remorseful or regret what they did or didn't do. Are you their parent? Queen? Significant other?  I want to be clear and say I don't give any figgedy fucks about this doctor or what happened, but if this show is going to talk about it, show the WHOLE picture, dammit, and not selective clips.

That food segment was also a waste of time, since what I got from the nutritionist, was that to lose weight, basically eat foods that curb your appetite.  Not that the actual food pairings help you lose weight.

Oh! I did appreciate that at least Joy didn't clap when Rumsfeld joined them at the table.  Speaking of which, is this show no longer having guest sit on a couch? They just sit at that table?

• Love 12

I have always had issues with the show to some degree.  Much of that has to do with Walters, but the show had flaws right out the gate that were never fixed addressed and even were considered attributes in some regards.   But I will say that the say was seen as a place to arrive if you will.  The panel other than Debbie, was established in their respective fields and, though, not the biggest names still had success to stand on.  But it also was not seen as the last step of retirement. 

I think Lisa Ling leaving so soon probably was a sign that the Geddie -Walters production style was not as conducive to the type of show they were claiming it was.  But it was a baby step maybe.  Not even a huge stride even though that led to the real downfall of a show that could have been much better but at least was a topical show. 

However now, after so much dust has settled, instead of feeling like they are trying to firm the foundations and at least capture as much of the original premise as they can, it seems more like a bouncing board for the panel.  Two for retirement but the rest for something else.  Forget for a moment the revolving seat issue.  Just look at most of these women.  None really have The View as their job.  All either are or are trying to have other avenues of income and fame.  None seem to treat this as the single thing they get out of bed in the morning to do.  They all have something else.  I'm not talking about the personal stuff, I am talking about professional interests that creep into the show and the talk.  It is kind of interesting that Walters was the only one for awhile to have true outside job and that was just her getting her hooks into ABC and not leaving unless they pushed, pulled and carried her out. 

I muted Rumsfeld and instead brought up a clip of the video when he finally went to Iraq thinking to get a hero's walk on camera and instead the soldiers he had for the photo op and meet and greet baked his ass over all the failures he and Cheney-Bush had perpetuated even while using the whole "for the troops' as a meme to cover whatever they wanted done.  Handing out hugely lucrative contracts and making military protect those contractors at their own lives and without the proper equipment those over priced contractors were supposed to deliver.  Plus he had at least one of those huge pallets of cash, tens of millions, US taxpayer money flown into Baghdad in broad daylight have a truck drive up and the money simply disappear.  So yeah. Paula trying to sell us the image that this man is some kind of hero and shouldn't be facing a tribunal at the Hague is still laughable for me.

Edited by tenativelyyours
  • Love 15

Donald Rumsfeld should be playing his little solitaire game in prison.

Amen Haleth.  I couldn't even bring myself to watch today because I consider that man a war criminal.  

What? Whoopi, the fucking EGOT, can't remember dialogue from The Godfather? Or maybe I should say, only Whoopi would mangle the lines and not KNOW one of the many famous lines that Tessio (Abe Vigoda) said.

It wasn't to Michael, you numnut, but to Duvall's Tom Hagen, asking not to be killed. The actual dialogue was:

"Tell Mike it was only business. I always liked him."

"He understands that."

"Tom, can you get me off the hook? For old time's sake?"

"Can't do it, Sally."

There was no "Mikey" in there, nor was it said TO Michael (Al Pacino).

Maroon.

And Paula, SHUT UP! Her defending that blowhard Trump for saying he would not attend the debate? That he had a point and she agreed with him? That he is a principled guy? So glad all of the others gave her the side-eye on that. And no, not even from a business sense, is what he's doing a good thing, or whatever she was saying. I won't lie: I loved how she flubbered and tried to back pedal, but I wasn't buying it.  And all that bullshit about how "people" love him, because he's a reality star--right then and there was the PERFECT chance to discuss that THAT is the reason he has no business running for the highest office. He's a narcissistic, racist, mysogonistic, bigoted ASSHOLE. I don't consider Fox News a "major News Industry" or whatever it was that Paula said they were, but so fucking what that they sunk to his level? They and the rest of the media are the reason, that fucking blowhard is everywhere. If they'd ignored him, I'd like to think he wouldn't have gotten as much traction as he has.

Because NONE of these debates have much to do with policy or what makes each candidate qualified to run for office; it's like fucking high school: asking what he/she thinks about what Trump said about them, and how that makes them feel; or the idiotic and stupid idiots--who, instead of asking what Hillary can do versus Bernie, asks her if she is a liar after all? Whatever.

And having Rumsfeld was a total waste of however long he was there. Talking like a senile old fool.  And if the audience had any cojones, they wouldn't have applauded for that piece of scum, let alone "whooo-ing" him as if he were some great Rock Star.  I loved how Paula had to tell the audience to clap in agreement and howl, that it was an "honor and privilege" (Me: GAG) to have him on the show. NO. It would be an HONOR and a PRIVILEGE to have President Obama on the show, not this third point of the AXIS of EVIL.

Look, I'm a religious person. Not overly so. BUT even I know that religion or a candidate's religion or lack thereof, should NOT be part of the reason why one votes for them or not. Because I KNOW what Separation of Church and State means. So, shut up, Candace Miss Chipmunk and Paula.

As for that doctor, who was drunk and kneed the uber driver? Not that I'm defending her, because she was totally playing up to the camera, but the video that was aired, didn't show why the uber driver had shackled her hands. Other than to prevent being scratched and hit? What caused it?  And again, shut up, Paula. Like any assholes who make fools and assinines of themselves on videos that go viral, need to "prove to you" that they are remorseful or regret what they did or didn't do. Are you their parent? Queen? Significant other?  I want to be clear and say I don't give any figgedy fucks about this doctor or what happened, but if this show is going to talk about it, show the WHOLE picture, dammit, and not selective clips.

That food segment was also a waste of time, since what I got from the nutritionist, was that to lose weight, basically eat foods that curb your appetite.  Not that the actual food pairings help you lose weight.

Oh! I did appreciate that at least Joy didn't clap when Rumsfeld joined them at the table.  Speaking of which, is this show no longer having guest sit on a couch? They just sit at that table?

Thank you for the excellent recap!  Seems like a good day to skip. 

So The Great Actress Miss Whoopi Goldberg effed up the  GF dialogue?  Shocker.   They actually showed the clip of that scene on CBS Morning News instead of relying on the hosts to talk about it but they didn't need to because Gayle King  even totally knew the line:   "Tom, can you get me off the hook? For old time's sake?"   "Can't do it, Sally." 

I'm disappointed in Paula defending Trump and "honoring" Rumsfeld!!????   I was just starting to like her too.    

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 9
And Paula, SHUT UP! Her defending that blowhard Trump for saying he would not attend the debate? That he had a point and she agreed with him? That he is a principled guy? So glad all of the others gave her the side-eye on that. And no, not even from a business sense, is what he's doing a good thing, or whatever she was saying. I won't lie: I loved how she flubbered and tried to back pedal, but I wasn't buying it.  And all that bullshit about how "people" love him, because he's a reality star--right then and there was the PERFECT chance to discuss that THAT is the reason he has no business running for the highest office. He's a narcissistic, racist, mysogonistic, bigoted ASSHOLE. I don't consider Fox News a "major News Industry" or whatever it was that Paula said they were, but so fucking what that they sunk to his level? They and the rest of the media are the reason, that fucking blowhard is everywhere. If they'd ignored him, I'd like to think he wouldn't have gotten as much traction as he has.

I would not expect that of Paula, given she considers herself a journalist.   

Basically Trump thought that HE should get to decide who moderates the debate, and that if he didn't get his way, he wouldn't participate.   Since when do the networks cave to the demands of the candidates?  Seems like doing so would set a dangerous precedent.  

First time for me, being on the side of Fox News.  They knew that if they caved to Trump's demands, they could no longer pretend to be unbiased. 

• Love 10

Again, Whoopi is misinformed. ...she says that it really bothers her that the drunk lady that assaulted the uber driver has not apologized or made peace withe the Uber driver. I watched the GMA interview and the lady did say she apologized to him, he accepted her apology, and she paid for the damages. Joy interrupted whoopi saying "she said she did..." but whoopi countered with "i don't think she did" and continued with her lecture.

Im not defending the belligerent drunk doctor, but i love calling Whoopi out on her lack of knowledge/research.

Yeah, and after they returned from commercial, Whoopi acts as if the information JUST came to her that doctor did apologize, trying to make it seem as if Whoopi's wanting her to do that, is what made the doctor do it, and then TPTB quickly called Whoopi to tell her, how awesome she is, Doctor did apologize!

• Love 6

I don't consider Fox News a "major News Industry" or whatever it was that Paula said they were, but so fucking what that they sunk to his level?

Oh! I did appreciate that at least Joy didn't clap when Rumsfeld joined them at the table.  

Joy said something similar about Fox News when they were talking about Trump, about how they weren't exactly "news" because they give a biased picture only, and the audience laughed. I noticed she didn't clap for Rumsfeld either like you did, even though all the other ladies did.

• Love 8

Joy said something similar about Fox News when they were talking about Trump, about how they weren't exactly "news" because they give a biased picture only, and the audience laughed. I noticed she didn't clap for Rumsfeld either like you did, even though all the other ladies did.

Yup. And Paula came back with something along the lines of how they're a huge corporation or something. I love when Joy stays true to herself. Sometimes she doesn't, but 99% of the time she does.

I'm still waiting for a "So what? Who caaares?" from her.

• Love 10

Have to say that the drunk doctor hit a chord with me because I drive for Lyft. That is my basic worst case scenario.

But on The Talk, they showed her apology, and I'm a tough grader, but I thought she did a good job of it. No half-assed "If you were offended" crap. She took responsibility, said she was completely embarrassed, and that she had made restitution to and apologized to the driver. As far as apologies go, it was a good one. I never would have gotten that from The View's treatment of it.

And The Talk generally drives me nuts with its fluff content, so it's a hard admission to make!

• Love 6

Man was it just me today or did Miss Whoopi just prattle on and on and on and on.......WOW, she is terrible and wrong the majority of the time, she and Raven both need to go back to school!  Sunny twittered she is on the show the next 2 days, that's a YAY from me!  

• Love 4

I took care of some personal business over the phone on purpose while Rumsfeld was on. He was a guest on Colbert the other night and that was enough for me when it comes to seeing him and his app pimping for the rest of my life. He comes across as being such a slime ball.

The Talk has been doing most of their interviewing (unless it's a cast interview) at their big table for quite awhile so that might have something to The Spew trying to do the same thing. 

• Love 6

They have to be  desperate to bring befuddled, arrogant S.O.B. Donald Rumsfeld on this show. Do they have Cheney booked next?

He must be paying his agent well as he is hawking (See what I did there?) his a$$ over network TV.  DR was on Colbert with basically the same script.  That would have been a good "So what?  Who cares?" for Joy.  All I can gather is that he's trying to make a buck over the fact that he learned "Churchill Solitare" not from Churchill himself, but from someone else who learned it from Churchill, and he's trying to make a product out of it.  Big f'ing deal!  His is one face I don't wish to see again...had enough of him during the Bush years, TYVM.

• Love 7

Sunny twittered she is on the show the next 2 days

Interesting....will she replace CCB or airheaded Sara Haines?

I'll bet CCB gets the timeout chair.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 1

CCB adds nothing to the show or the after show. She can't talk about sex because her kids watch the show, she has no opinions about anything that might not align with her christianity(maybe her pastor watches), she is uncomfortable discussing relationship topics because she is married, she can't even talk about a stupid tattoo that her kids already know about. When she does have an opinion, it is only about christianity, motherhood and conservative political issues. But she never elaborates much. I wish Whoopi would give her more time to talk because she would surely put her foot in it. I haven't watched the show. Not sure I can handle Rumsfeld.

• Love 7

They really did MC!  Thanks for the link.    And not only that, they had a pretty good discussion minus Candace who as Morgalisa just pointed out adds nothing at all, ever.  

In this clip she even struggles over describing some of her husband's behavior that she considered "jerky" and had to bookend it all with how much she loves her husband and how he isn't a jerk, blah blah blah.  When she was finally done, Joy asked her, " So who was the jerk here?  I don't get it."  Haha  She even struggled to talk about seeing nude people on a nude beach in St. Martins.  Meanwhile, I liked Paula's story about reading The Case For Christ  topless on a French beach and her hubby snapping a pic when she fell asleep with the book over her bare top.   That was a funny, not made up story.  Joy liked it so much Paula thought she was mocking her, lol.  

I would not expect that of Paula, given she considers herself a journalist.   

Basically Trump thought that HE should get to decide who moderates the debate, and that if he didn't get his way, he wouldn't participate.   Since when do the networks cave to the demands of the candidates?  Seems like doing so would set a dangerous precedent.  

First time for me, being on the side of Fox News.  They knew that if they caved to Trump's demands, they could no longer pretend to be unbiased. 

And yet, every single mainstream media outlet, news and otherwise are talking about Trump and his latest temper tantrum.  I would not be one bit surprised if that walking windbag ends up showing up tomorrow night.  

Yeah, and after they returned from commercial, Whoopi acts as if the information JUST came to her that doctor did apologize, trying to make it seem as if Whoopi's wanting her to do that, is what made the doctor do it, and then TPTB quickly called Whoopi to tell her, how awesome she is, Doctor did apologize!

Ha!  Don't underestimate The Great And Powerful Miss Whoopi Goldberg and her ego, lol.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1

When will they announce Michelle and Raven were fired?

They'll just be non-renewed after their year.  Season Twenty of The View is coming up. I only wonder if Meredith, Star, and Debbie will be back for a part-season, since that seems to be the approach ABC is following.

It smells like only Whoopi, Joy, and Paula got full season year-round contracts. After all, we know that Joy initially turned down a "limited" contract.  CCB, Michelle, and R-S probably got "X" number of episodes. Everyone knew CCB was going to miss 2+ months of the year while filming her show. And Sherri Shepherd did come right out and say she had a "50 episode" contract.  I think Stacy also got that similar deal, though they are wisely using her to sell crap rather than contribute to table talk.  And it sure looks like Hostin and Haines have fallen into the rotation.  Padma seems to be AWOL, so maybe she decided she was above the whole thing.

I am not surprised that Michelle and R-S are on extended breaks, because I never believed that they had signed deals like Joy insisted on.  CCB's extended absence meant that they were needed to fill seats.

The View will produce 44 weeks of shows during the season.  That's 220 episodes.  The AWOL newbie twins racked up lots of episodes in 2015..

• Love 2

It smells like only Whoopi, Joy, and Paula got full season year-round contracts. After all, we know that Joy initially turned down a "limited" contract.  CCB, Michelle, and R-S probably got "X" number of episodes. Everyone knew CCB was going to miss 2+ months of the year while filming her show. And Sherri Shepherd did come right out and say she had a "50 episode" contract.  I think Stacy also got that similar deal, though they are wisely using her to sell crap rather than contribute to table talk.  And it sure looks like Hostin and Haines have fallen into the rotation.  Padma seems to be AWOL, so maybe she decided she was above the whole thing.

Why have CCB, Michelle and Raven in the in the opening and on the website? If someone was watching this show for the first time, they would have no clue who all these "fillers" are. 

• Love 2

WTF was Rumsfeld wearing? And has he always sounded like an old man cartoon character? 

He was on CNN earlier this week and looked even worse!  I didn't even know who he was and I thought he aged a great deal, he looked like somebody's grandpa and yet is hawking a modern app?!  **snort snort***

• Love 3

Yesterdays show something CCB said bugged me.   She talked about Trump donating so much money to charity. 

He may, but some of the contributions aren't as straight-forward as they seem.   On Celeb Apprentice, various celebrities compete to "win"  the show.   They call on all their friends to donate money, and it's supposed to be the celeb who raises the most wins.  (but that's not always the case, Trump picks whomever he wants).  Anyway - the show raised millions each season it was on, and a few people who contributed complained that they donated money, but couldn't even take the tax deduction for what they contributed.   The money goes to the show (to Trump)  and then HE donates it, so he gets the credit and the tax deduction. And the donations go to the winner's charity, which isn't the intent for the people who donated to their friend's charity, if their friend loses.    It may be a moot point, but I remember the controversy one season, and that one thing really stuck with me - that some donators after the fact were not happy with the way their donations were treated. 

SO when CCB talked about all the money Trump gives to charity, all that stuff came back to me. He's such an ass, and I can't let any positive statement about him go.  

Something weird - Whoop had her braids down and showing at the beginning of yesterday's show.  Then, a commercial break, and then when Rumsfeld came on, she had that weird raggy hat.   then during the diet segment, she had the hat off.   I wonder if it was taped in a different order, or if she had some weird hair issue that needed repair during the break. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7

Okay, in regards to sex health education. What one of the ladies don't seem to understand, SCHOOLS ARE TEACHING THIS BECAUSE PARENTS ARE REFUSING TO DO SO. Plus.. just teaching abstinence? Are you seriously kidding me? Abstinence only is such bull. If parents took their heads out of their asses and PROPERLY taught their kids about sex education, then maybe the outrage of school teaching it will lessen. 

And don't just teach Abstinence. Teach protection. Teach respect for others. Teach about STD's and show them what it's like to actually have a child when you are not ready. Teach what's important. To take care of their bodies, and if you make the choice to have sex, protect yourself. Just don't do the abstinence only bs. 

Edited: To add, the amount of idiocy on this show makes my head hurt. The woman next to Whoopi saying that Michael Jackson was white or whatever. Does she not realize that MJ had a skin disorder? Or was she being deliberately obtuse? Michael Jackson was BLACK. He should be played by a BLACK ACTOR. End of story. 

Edited by AshleyLyn
  • Love 11

I am watching the sex being taught in schools segment and LMAO at Michelle trying to interject her "jokes" over and over again until she finally lets her chin collapse onto her hand clearly giving up!  Everyone ignored her.  She is like a bull in a china shop.  It feels chaotic when she is at the table. 

• Love 8

I am watching the sex being taught in schools segment and LMAO at Michelle trying to interject her "jokes" over and over again until she finally lets her chin collapse onto her hand clearly giving up!  Everyone ignored her.  She is like a bull in a china shop.  It feels chaotic when she is at the table. 

Couldn't agree more!!  She just doesn't fit in that group, no matter who the group is.  Just sayin'.

• Love 8
Whoever told Stacey London that she looks good enough to give fashion advice to anyone needs to be slapped silly.

Amen!! I find everything about her irritating - from her Lily Munster white streak, her shrill voice, to her clothes. Those pants look like a couch I had back in the 70s. Ugh!

While she's there, can she not do a complete make over on Whoopi? Yes, I know I'm repeating myself but damn! She always looks like a pile of laundry. You're on TV!! What you show up in, I wouldn't wear anywhere outside the confines of my home. 

Is it true that Raven and Michelle will be gone soon? Oh, please! Let it be so!!

Edited by dinkysquid
  • Love 4
While she's there, can she not do a complete make over on Whoopi? Yes, I know I'm repeating myself but damn! She always looks like a pile of laundry.

Didn't she criticize Whoopi some time ago and there was some bad blood (Whoopi's)??  I doubt if she'll go there...ever.

• Love 2

Gee Whiz, Candace took the subway all by herself and she even took  a cutesy video of it! Gosh darn, she's so brave, and it was just so fascinating to see them take a chunk of time describing it!

• Love 12
Abstinence only is such bull.

Abstinence worked for me in the late 50s into the 60s because we did NOT yet have The Pill.  We all "knew" that we would get pregnant the first time we had sex...AND I was taught that sex outside of marriage was a sin. Condoms were never discussed openly and DEFINITELY not advertised. For those reasons, I didn't "do it," but many of my Catholic high school friends did.  MANY!   So...I agree with the comment above.

Gee Whiz, Candace took the subway all by herself and she even took  a cutesy video of it! Gosh darn, she's so brave, and it was just so fascinating to see them take a chunk of time describing it!

Did she think to video all the 10-year-old kids who take the subway "alone" every day?

Of COURSE, Donald Trump gives a lot to charities...and because of tax deductions it doesn't cost him a penny.  I love watching "Another World," ...oh wait, it's only CCB.

• Love 2

Gee Whiz, Candace took the subway all by herself and she even took  a cutesy video of it! Gosh darn, she's so brave, and it was just so fascinating to see them take a chunk of time describing it!

And wasn't she just too adorable telling us about it like she is 6 years old!  Can you imagine her telling her kids about doing the nasty!?  

• Love 9

While she's there, can she not do a complete make over on Whoopi? Yes, I know I'm repeating myself but damn! She always looks like a pile of laundry.

Didn't she criticize Whoopi some time ago and there was some bad blood (Whoopi's)??  I doubt if she'll go there...ever.

Here is the clip from 2009 when Whoopi had words to say about Stacy London critiquing her wardrobe choices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO6nZY8Kx3E

• Love 6

they talk about Trump, and how a president has to be able to take criticism, and can't just refuse to talk to someone because they disagree -   Here's an article about that I found interesting:   

What do people in other countries think about Trump?   

http://roadsandkingdoms.com/2016/dispatches-anti-trump-planet/

I thought Joy made some good points -  Trump cannot tolerate criticism or opposition FROM WOMEN.   She is right, everyone makes fun of his hair.   But when Joy (and Rosie) did it , he came after them in full-attack mode.   

He's a blustering idiot who will only attack those he feels are inferior to him.   If a woman dares to disagree -  he comes back with a personal comment about her looks, her menstrual cycle.  Even the comment about Hillary taking a minute longer to come back from a bathroom break ("It's disgusting!")   He sees women as pretty things he can own, and the biggest insult is for him to say he's not attracted to a woman.  

• Love 15