"The View": Week of 01/25/16

Athena
  • Start Topic

Mo 1/25: Billy Eichner, Cedric the Entertainer, Stacy London
Tu 1/26: Michael Moore
We 1/27: Donald Rumsfeld, David Zinczenko
Th 1/28: Stacy London
Fr 1/29: A performance by the Broadway cast of "School of Rock"

UGH air headed Sara Haines, yet again today.  Was she there EVERY DAY last week?

Guess she is permanent now.  No need to announce it. Where was Sunny?

Can anyone on twitter ask Michelle and Raven where they are? Just wonder what they would say?

• Love 1

I thought Raven had gotten fired. I don't really watch this show anymore but it's a snow day for me and I was bored. I will say that Candice Cameron is so pretty. I've seen pictures of her kids and they all look like they should be in GAP ad. I can honestly say I didn't look like her at 39 after having 3 kids. I'll take her anyday over Raven.

• Love 3

I think Michelle is performing in Aspen. She mentioned it on the show last week and on her instagram she's posting pics from there.

Vinyasa your hatred of Sara Haines makes me LOL :) 

• Love 2

I liked the beaded glass whatever bracelets, but The Viiew is so cheap. They could have given them one of every item. sheesh

And what is up with CCB? Why does she have to dress like a 12 yr old? Isn't she .. like.. 40 ish?

Edited by ari333
  • Love 1

I don't dislike Sara. She really adds nothing more than to fill a seat and bask in the glow of pregnancy. Nothing wrong with that at all but why not just go with 4 panelists? And how many times do we have to hear Miss Whoopi comment on how big Sara is getting?

• Love 6

Contrary to popular opinion, I like Sarah more than some of the others.

I get that. She doesn't make me cray like some others do. Ok. I really only like Joy. And I kind of feel with Paula altho I don't agree with her on stuff.  If it were the Joy show I'd be on board with that heh.

• Love 4

I missed the first 20 minutes today. I take it nothing happened? I thought for sure Whoopi must've blown her top early because she barely talked during what little I saw. Maybe she wanted to be good with Candace being back?

All I got to see were their stories about parents lying. I'm really trying to imagine Joy as a child, but it's difficult. Wish they'd shown pictures. The story was hilarious though.

• Love 2

I was only half-assed listening while I was in the kitchen.  What I got (apart from the already mentioned Stacy London -UGH)  was a lot of mentions coming from Whoopi about her Oscar and a lot of stupid giggling at the end of the show about CCB's tattoo.  Where is it??  What is it?? Oooh, do tell!  Snicker, snicker.  YAWN.

• Love 3

I thought the CCB tattoo thing was super stupid too giggle giggle; is it on my tushy?  IS it on my thigh? snicker giggle ...Guess what? I don't care.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 10

Let me get this straight ... 

First Miss Whoopi said there was not a shortage of roles for Black actresses because she has always had lots of roles.  Even though everyone else on earth acknowledges that Black actors are cast in low numbers in major movies.

Today she said Black actresses don't have trouble winning Oscars because she has one.  Even though when she got hers, it had been 51 years since the last Black actress won.

It sure is starting to look like Miss Whoopi doesn't feel something is a problem unless it has been her problem.  If that ain't the very definition of self-absorbtion, lol.  I had brief hope there for a few days when The Whoops actually backtracked on her "plenty of roles for Black people" line.  And she paid lip service to that idea again today.  But then she came out with the "I won an Oscar" line.   She clearly doesn't really get it.

I was just glad when Joy pointed out that the fact it took 51 years for Whoopi to get an Oscar was the exception that proved the rule.  And it genuinely seemed like news to Miss Whoopi, too, as if it had not even registered to her that those 51 years spoke volumes about the experience of countless other Black actresses who were shut out of the awards (or not cast at all).  It was so disappointing that she had to have that explained to her.  I was actually a little embarrassed her her. 

• Love 12
It was so disappointing that she had to have that explained to her.  I was actually a little embarrassed her her.

Awww...don't feel bad, Celia.  She followed that with her thirty-fourth "beg" to be in the next "Avengers" movie, which we all know will have several Oscar-worthy parts for Oscar-worthy actors.

• Love 5
It sure is starting to look like Miss Whoopi doesn't feel something is a problem unless it has been her problem.  If that ain't the very definition of self-absorbtion, lol.  I had brief hope there for a few days when The Whoops actually backtracked on her "plenty of roles for Black people" line.  And she paid lip service to that idea again today.  But then she came out with the "I won an Oscar" line.   She clearly doesn't really get it.

Right - and Mel Gibson isn't a racist because he never called Whoopi a name, Bill Cosby isn't a rapist because he didn't rape Whoopi.   

Nothing happened unless it happened to Whoopi.   And even then  - we don't know, cause we weren't' there. 

• Love 22

Contrary to popular opinion, I like Sarah more than some of the others.

I honestly haven't watched more than a couple of shows that she's on but so far I wouldn't say I like her as much as I don't hate her but I'm pretty sure that's because I haven't seen much of her.  heh. 

I missed the first 20 minutes today. I take it nothing happened? I thought for sure Whoopi must've blown her top early because she barely talked during what little I saw. Maybe she wanted to be good with Candace being back?

All I got to see were their stories about parents lying. I'm really trying to imagine Joy as a child, but it's difficult. Wish they'd shown pictures. The story was hilarious though.

I think Whoopi was quieter today because she was loaded and/or tired from the weekend. 

I picture Joy as a childlooking like Orphan Annie in Bermuda shorts because she talks about her red curly hair and getting picked on for wearing bermuda shorts.  

It sure is starting to look like Miss Whoopi doesn't feel something is a problem unless it has been her problem.  If that ain't the very definition of self-absorbtion, lol.  I had brief hope there for a few days when The Whoops actually backtracked on her "plenty of roles for Black people" line.  And she paid lip service to that idea again today.  But then she came out with the "I won an Oscar" line.   She clearly doesn't really get it.

Oh I think it's been looking like that for a long time.  Remember she doesn't think celebrities/actors should lose money if they offend the public  because that once happened to her.  She's pissed at people who suggest they should boycott the Oscars and/or Chris Rock because she once was an Oscar host.  In fact, I've always believed her diehard defense of celebrities bad behavior was actually linked to her once losing a lucrative endorsement gig because the company paying her didn't like what she said in her act; which is how it works.  

Wow just me? Im having serious problems  logging in   seeing the forums.

Not just you I've been having trouble too.

• Love 2

Stacy London and her SHOUTSPEAK!!!! bug me.  Does she not have an indoor voice? 

I haven't watched today's show yet, but that made me laugh :)

Always think "just come the hell down" for all her loud, frantic delivery.

• Love 2

They really don't need Sarah since that have the other girl from GMA. She also fills the mom role. Eventually, she'll be on maternity leave in March and will probably be gone a good three months. Of course, she might be "filling in" for Raven who they hopefuls fired.

Right - and Mel Gibson isn't a racist because he never called Whoopi a name, Bill Cosby isn't a rapist because he didn't rape Whoopi.   

Nothing happened unless it happened to Whoopi.   And even then  - we don't know, cause we weren't' there. 

I laughed at this until my head hurt, ouch

We need to start a list of "Thing That Aren't True Because They Didn't Happen to Whoopi."  I would like to add "Chris Brown isn't a woman beater because he didn't punch Whoopi in the face."  And "Michael Vick is not an animal abuser because he didn't kill Whoopi's dog."   

We may have to make the "____ isn't a rapist" a fill-the-name-in-the-blank thing because the list is long ... Bill Cosby, Roman Polanski, Ben Roethlisberger  ... who am I forgetting?  

• Love 10

I was only half-assed listening while I was in the kitchen.  What I got (apart from the already mentioned Stacy London -UGH)  was a lot of mentions coming from Whoopi about her Oscar and a lot of stupid giggling at the end of the show about CCB's tattoo.  Where is it??  What is it?? Oooh, do tell!  Snicker, snicker.  YAWN.

Easy.  666 blazoned on the back of her head. I would have loved to have seen the expression on her bush-baby-with-mange face (I never realized how well casting from Full House did as she has aged into looking like an Olsen in many ways)  if someone (coughJoycough) had dared that.   That is why she blows that horse mane of hers out to Working Girl levels.  And she somehow manages to dress way too young and way too old at the same time.  Like she is dressing as a twelve year old who snuck into her college aged sister's closet and is playing dress up with her club clothes. 

ETA: There is the flip side to Miss Whoopi's ability to make everything about her.  The Kardashians are terrible reality show trash.  Until her own daughter is terrible reality show trash. er, I mean a hard working reality show celebrity. 

Edited by tenativelyyours
  • Love 5

Michele was on the Bachelor "after the show" show tonight.  She was actually pretty good, seemed to be in her element.  She also made a joke about one of the women saying something and others not getting it, the woman having to explain the joke.   Michele said something like "I know how that feels"  making it clear that on The View, she feels nobody understands her jokes.

• Love 2

Easy.  666 blazoned on the back of her head. I would have loved to have seen the expression on her bush-baby-with-mange face (I never realized how well casting from Full House did as she has aged into looking like an Olsen in many ways)  if someone (coughJoycough) had dared that.   That is why she blows that horse mane of hers out to Working Girl levels.  And she somehow manages to dress way too young and way too old at the same time.  Like she is dressing as a twelve year old who snuck into her college aged sister's closet and is playing dress up with her club clothes. 

Hahahahaha!   OMG this snark is why I love this forum, especially with a glass of wine.   You nailed it tentativelyyours!  

Candace doesn't even have to open her mouth for me to laugh at her but my favorite part today was when they showed the clip of Trump being Trump and her only contribution was a proverb from the Bible, "Pride goeth before a fall."   The woman really only has one channel.  

To her credit, she did look a little sick when Joy pointed out that as a Republican,  Candace might end up voting for Trump but honestly I don't see her as political even a little bit,  or ever following politics at all before this show.  Which is fine of course, politics isn't everything but she is on The Spew during a crazy election year.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

To her credit, she did look a little sick when Joy pointed out that as a Republican, Candace might end up voting for Trump but honestly I don't see her as political even a little bit or ever followed politics at all before this show.

Unfortunately, the same can be said about Bitsy.  She had zero interest in politics before she was groomed at the knee of Svengali Bill Geddie, and look what she became...a shrill, emotional conservative banshee.  Who knows who the wizard behind the curtain might be these days.  Pull the right strings and Candace could easily become Bitsy II.  However, the thought of Repugs holding their collective noses and voting for "Don John" Trump (my pet name for him) sends me into a fit of giggles.

• Love 3

When it was Whoopi, Joy, Sherri, Bitsy and BW (and even before them) if one person was out they would have four. If two of them were out, they would grab someone from "All My Children" or have a "guest co-host" and introduce the people.

Now it is musical chairs, we never know who is showing up!!  The annoying Sara Hanies and Sunny are there more than the people in the introduction!

Why keep including Michelle and Raven in the intro?

• Love 1

I found it disgusting Paula and Candace both tried to smear the indictments involving Planned Parenthood as some kind of government cover-up. There has never been any proof of anything, just somebody who already doesn't like PP (Carly Fiorina) spouting off something without any facts or evidence. Idiots.

Joy talking about the double standard for women after the video of Hillary Clinton was really awkward when she said, "Am I right?" and then Paula said, "Not at all." Paula's not going to agree with anything that might be in a liberal's favor. Both Paula and Candace talking up Bernie Sanders is so transparent; they know Trump would have an easier go at Sanders.

Kudos to Joy for bringing up Trump's comments about Rosie on the show. It felt like a She Who Must Not Be Named moment.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 9