Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Leis, Liquor And Lies

• Start Topic

The crew travels to Hawaii to celebrate two birthdays. Here, Lala tries to come clean about her flirty ways with Max; Tom discovers Scheana sent negative texts about him; and Katie fumes when Lela skinny dips in front of Schwartz.

I loved Sandoval's soliloquy to his flat iron! Too bad Grumpy Cat Ariana didn't appreciate it. Kristen would've!

Jax: "Am I obnoxious?" Sandoval: "Sometimes..."

HT to Schwartz and the Bieber reenactment. Not so much for the photo itself, but that of all people to emulate, he chooses... Bieber.

Lala, take note: flirting with a guy who's dating someone else is NOT CUTE. Did you learn that yet? Jax is by no means innocent but methinks all her talk about not caring if a dude is involved with someone else is coming home to roost. She's part frustrated at Jax's denial and part embarrassed that she's getting called out.

ETA Jax is gross. Barring divine intervention, he is not going to change and he seems to get off on lying.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 9

The only reason Lisa sent the gift to Katie and Tom was to check on Max. Sneaky but she's a concerned mother :/

They tease Stassi every week without delivering it seems. 

Does anyone else find it odd that Tom and Katie go a week without sex?

Weird to me.

It is not abnormal in long term relationships

• Love 10

Did I just hear Scheana say "peda-stool" for pedestal? Aiaiai....

And yes. It's weird that a young, newly engaged couple* isn't doing it like bunnies while in paradise.

*if they were celibate all along, that would obviously be a different story, but that's not the case here.

• Love 5

Lala really got the raw end of the deal here. It must suck a lot that even when she's telling the truth, she's still not believed. And over Jax, of all people. I laughed out loud when Brittany said "Jax would never do anything stupid." Bwah! EVERYTHING Jax does is stupid! Including what he does in the next episode!

As far as the Katie vs Lala situation goes, I understand both sides. On the one hand, it really is kind of inappropriate and inconsiderate to take your top off in front of other women's boyfriends. On the other hand, they were at a swimming hole, where it's to be expected and Lala was under the water, away from everyone, and she wasn't bothering anyone. If she had gone up to them, shoving her boobs in their faces, ok, but she wasn't. She wasn't bothering them and she's free to take her top off if she feels like it as long as she's not bothering them. If any of the guys look, that's on THEM, not her. It's unreasonable to expect that they won't at least take a glance for a quick second, but full-on staring would be their fault, not hers, and they need to learn some self control and respect for their girlfriends if they can't avoid staring. And why did Schwartz feel obligated to tell Katie he saw Lala's boobs? If he had never told her, then she would have never known about it. Unless he was trying to do damage control in case she saw the episode. Still, seemed like an unnecessary attempt to stir drama.

Brittany seems like an idiot, if you ask me. Like I really don't think this chick has an IQ above 100. It's unfortunate that she really is believing Jax over Lala, but sooner or later she will see it play out on TV and realize he was lying all along. It's so stupid, if you really think about it. Why would Lala intentionally reveal information that makes herself look bad and would get Brittany even more mad at her if she was just making it up? That doesn't even make sense. 

You know who else is an idiot? Scheana. First off, the sending of text messages to Ariana's mom, even if she texted Scheana first, was truly fucked up. Also, I don't believe Tom has a superior attitude or that he's influenced Ariana in that way. I think she acted smug and superior way before they started dating. Second, she literally forced Shay to drink on the beach and she thinks that he's able to drink "in moderation"? That's not how it works. My lord, she's an idiot! She might be even dumber than Brittany and that is saying a lot. SMH I hope she gets raked over the coals both on social media as well as at the reunion for the horrible way she's handling Shay's alcoholism. 

James is trying to so hard to be Jax 2.0 and they kind of even alluded to it in this episode. You begged to go on a trip where you knew you weren't invited with open arms. Either shut up and enjoy it, or stay home. 

Favorite scene by far was seeing Giggy and Daddio. Such cute doggies! Unfortunately Daddio passed away recently :(

I loved the Stassi callback "MY FUCKING BIRTHDAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!" montage. Classic. 

• Love 10

First of all, Ariana is rubbing off on Sandoval. Not the other way around. Second, Ariana is getting snappier and more sour. Third, Ariana's mother contacted Scheana. If there was a transgression by Scheana, there was also a transgression by Ariana's mother. Ariana is acting like Scheana out of the blue just texted Ariana's mom, but clearly Ariana's mom noticed that something is off and asked Scheana.

Those sunscreen flasks were some Always Sunny in Philadelphia ridiculousness.

Lala leads with her sexuality. It's why everyone is inclined to think the worst of her even though everything else would lead you to believe that Jax the lying cheating liar is once again lying about cheating.

James pawing at Lala is disgusting and nauseating. And like a pathetic loser he was all up in the Lala Jax fight.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 10

The only reason Lisa sent the gift to Katie and Tom was to check on Max. Sneaky but she's a concerned mother :/

They tease Stassi every week without delivering it seems.

It is not abnormal in long term relationships

Lisa did take the opportunity to ask them about Max when they phoned to thank her, but it was clear that they had no info. She called Max herself soon after.

She sent flowers because she is gracious that way.

Katie and Tom are young and childless; I can't think why they are together if she is so little attracted to him that he has to go without sex for a week at a time. They're not married for ten years. It's a pathetic circumstance, imo.

• Love 3

Wow - leave it to this group to ruin a vacation in Paradise!!  

Schaena is really turning into Stassi 2.0....quite the little shit stirrer, isn't she?  Between the texts to Ariana's Mom, and subsequent insults directed at both Ariana and Tom, throwing Jax under the bus (where he deserves to be, imo), and declaring that Ariana is no longer her bff, but Katie is - geez, woman!!  She definitely has a jr. high mentality when it comes to her friends - she has a brand new best friend every three months!!  Also, cannot, cannot, cannot fucking understand WHY she would be giving Shay tequila and the comments she made about him and his drinking.  Does this guy really have a substance abuse problem or not?  

Speaking of Shay - did anyone else notice what he said when talking to Ariana and Tom about the text messages?  He mentioned something like "There's someone else behind it" or "There's something else behind it"....I didn't really understand what he said or what he meant.

Jax....always the sleaze and always the lying liar who lies.  He absolutely did make those comments to Lala - hasn't he realized yet that there are cameras and mics around, just waiting to catch someone in something, and he gets caught more often that not.  Brittany needs to run, fly, jump or whatever to get her butt out of there - quickly!! 

Lala - I don't like her, but I did feel just a teeny bit sad for her, when she was trying to convince Brittany that Jax is a liar, and she wasn't getting anywhere.  And, where the hell was lover-boy James during all of this?  Getting his drunk on at the bar?  Sorry, James, don't think you're going to be getting lucky tonight!  But, I agree with the other girls - she should not be all "nature girl" around a group that may not be into that kind of thing.  Katie seems like a pretty conservative girl most of the time, of course she wasn't going to like that.  Lala needs to realize that she's not on a sugar daddy's yacht in the Mediterranean, where that is much more acceptable and not considered outlandish or attention grabbing.

Katie - Worst thing you can do is dis your boyfriend's best friend.  Bad, bad, bad move.  Wonder if that is one of the things that will lead up to the preview we saw when Tom comments about "can't believe I almost married you"....

Max needs to go home.  He looks and seems very out of place and uncomfortable around this group of idiots!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 1

If it wasn't clear before it was made clear tonight by how easily Jax eased Brittany's mind: she isn't very bright. 

Lisa does send the gang gifts and at times for their birthday has comped them up to a better room. She did that for Stassi. She bought Schena a dress for her birthday once- a pretty expensive one, I'm guessing. So, Lisa does do nice things for this gang of not very professionals who work for her. I'm guessing, along with being featured on this reality show, that's a perk. I'm sure there are other perks they get as well. 

This episode needed Kristen. Also, Lala IS SUCH A TRY HARD. It's sad.

• Love 3

Did I just hear Scheana say "peda-stool" for pedestal? Aiaiai....

And yes. It's weird that a young, newly engaged couple* isn't doing it like bunnies while in paradise.

*if they were celibate all along, that would obviously be a different story, but that's not the case here.

Yup...noticed that too...I would venture to guess that a good command of English is not one of Schaena's attributes.  She is always totally messing up everyday normal sayings for most {somewhat intelligent} adults.

• Love 3

Yup the way James is always hanging on Lala in public is so gross, you can tell he only does it to get under Jax's skin.

What's worse is that it works! Jax can barely notice that poor fool from KY while Lala is in the vicinity! And his trick of "confessing" to only half of what he does is irritating, but, boy, does it work! Scheana refuses to bust him; why is everyone so in his corner?

• Love 3

Those sunscreen flasks were some Always Sunny in Philadelphia ridiculousness.

I was so confused when I first saw that. I seriously hope they were actual flasks camouflaged as sunscreen tubes and not actually sunscreen tubes that were just emptied of the lotion.. But hailing from the greater Philly area neither would shock me.

*question answered on WWHL, by Jax....they were flasks. Whew!!! It's making me cringe thinking they might be drinking lotion-tinged tequila. Nasty!!

• Love 6

Speaking of Shay - did anyone else notice what he said when talking to Ariana and Tom about the text messages? He mentioned something like "There's someone else behind it" or "There's something else behind it"....I didn't really understand what he said or what he meant.

I *think* he was saying "there's something behind it," meaning there is some truth to what Scheana was saying.

• Love 3

Ariana: "So my mom sent me screenshots of, like, the whole conversation that her and Scheana had..."

The beautiful, incredibly intelligent Ariana uses pronouns incorrectly.

She's just so much smarter than everyone else! She's not bound by grammarnormativity much like she won't participate in heteronormative behaviors. Edited by Suck It Trebek
  • Love 15

I always thought that Sheana was light on brain cells but what is she thinking by giving instructions to Shay about how many shots of tequila he should or shouldn't be doing?  And, giving him a shot of well-disguised tequila on the beach? Then Katie joins them and the three of them are sipping tequila out of suntan lotion tubes? Does Sheana understand that alcoholism is a real disease? Her telling him to do one beer bong instead of 3 is not going to help him overcome his disease. I'm convinced there's something really wrong with her brain. Shay is an alcoholic and if his drug of choice happened to be cocaine she certainly wouldn't instruct him to just do a couple of lines of cocaine and no more, would she?  Sheana is playing with fire and with Shay's sobriety and it's going to bite her in the ass and destroy their marriage. Sheana has to learn that she just can't control everything. She's a freak and thinks that by controlling what Shay says and does that everything will be just fine. She's going to have a big surprise coming.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 8

Schena posted an instagram pic of herself, Shay, Amazing Araina, and Tom and a whole explanation on how the whole gang is in such a better place than they were then and things have changed. Because I guess she has to maintain her BFF status with Araina. Why I do not know, Araina seems to have a personality to not do anything fun, ever.  I love following these people on twitter when an episode airs, mostly Araina because she always mentions something about editing and what was REALLY happening. Like tonight at the dinner in the episode, the editors made it look like she was rolling her eyes at Schena but really, she was rolling her eyes at James and Jax fighting. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl

Love Katie's pastel dinosaur t-shirt.

So cute, but maybe not much of an inducer to sex?  Idk what their relationship is about.  They both have said many times in interviews elsewhere to not judge them based on seeing a few minutes outta their lives.  Um, OK, Schwartz & Katie, let's just say I'm sure as shit not jelly of your relationship.  Hey, if this is what you 2 want, God Bless, but it ain't for me.

Brittany seems like an idiot, if you ask me. Like I really don't think this chick has an IQ above 100. 

Yeah, Brittany is quite a moron.  I almost wish she actually is cunning & she's merely using Jax to get on TV & for a place (even if it ain't exactly great) to stay in LA.  But nah, I don't get that impression.  I think she's just stupid & that's pretty much all she has to offer.

she literally forced Shay to drink on the beach and she thinks that he's able to drink "in moderation"? That's not how it works. My lord, she's an idiot! She might be even dumber than Brittany and that is saying a lot. SMH I hope she gets raked over the coals both on social media as well as at the reunion for the horrible way she's handling Shay's alcoholism. 

OK, I know I'm trying to do the impossible here, but I'll give it a shot.  I'm trying to figure out Scheana's thinking in providing booze to Shay, who she knows has serious issues with alcohol.  I guess she really did think 1 broccoli egg white omelet (even tho it was 4 or 5 eps ago) was the magical cure for alcoholism, particularly because Shay complained his omelet had less cheese than the one Scheana had.  Ah, what a broccoli egg white omelet will do, eh?

Poor Shay.  Did he ever take his t-shirt off?  And does Scheana ever let the poor schlub get a peep out?  Ever?  It's like she's cut out his tongue (maybe his balls too?) & he can maybe once in a while utter barely a squeak.

Aw, Sandoval looking so lovingly at his flat iron -- so sweet.  What a nice couple they make.  Me thinks there's more going on between Sandoval & his flat iron than between him & Ariana -- or Schwartz & Katie.

Um, Ariana, keep it up, hun -- whine, whine, whine, whine & then whine some more.  Oh, yeah, and make the whining even more annoying with eye rolling & sour/bored looks.  The thing is, she may not even be wrong in whatever she says.  The prob is, I've shut down even listening to her.  I can't get past her freakin' whining.  She never stops.  You're better off with the flat iron than her, Sandoval.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

Tom and flatiron= best part of the episode for me. Funny how even when Ariana is doing something cute (like the two balconies scene) she seems so dour and unhappy. I think that she's one of those ones who should remain single, and is more in love with the idea of being in love than in a long-term relationship.

Eh, I have no problem with Katie and Tom's sexual activities or lack thereof. I know they're just setting it up for a "We had amazing engagement sex last night," brunch scene anyways.Different relationships are different, and they've been living together for like six or seven years by now I believe.

Yeah, I haven't been enjoying the show now that it's so LaLa/James/Brittany-centric. I don't care about any of those people, and wish they'd leave and bring back crazy Kristen. LaLa seems so one-dimensional to me, and I don't understand her frustration that Brittany didn't chose to believe her. Brittany and her aren't friends. If I engaged in that kind of behavior with a guy who had a girlfriend and I told her about it, my conscience would be clear and I would move on. I don't see the point in getting teary that Jax wont admit it. Jax is nothing to cry about, and I'd be more likely to cry if he admitted that we did have a flirtation! I don't think that LaLa fits in well with the group. But I only half watched, so maybe there's something I missed. (And I'm aware that she was drunk.)

James is so creepy he's starting to remind me of a date-rapist. He salivates around/over LaLa like she's a piece of meat (or trophy to throw in Jax's face) and has no interest in getting to know her as an actual person. She's a conquest (to him), and not even worth buying flowers for (or any of that "romantic" stuff).

Ariana and Tom- heh. So the elephant was addressed on camera. Know-it-all, thinks she's better than everyone, etc. However, I don't blame Tom. Maybe "fame" has gone to her head? But she strikes me as someone who was always...Ariana. So why is "mom" worried now?

Scheana is the worst friend and wife ever. Worst friend to text with Ariana's mom, and worst wife for the obvious reasons (see exhibit A: the dropped tequila shot on the beach). Then she gossips about Ariana to Katie saying now Katie's her bestie.

I had totally forgotten how hard Scheana tried to get in with Stassi, Katie, and Kristen in old episodes (and they basically laughed her off). My how the tables have turned!

Agree Max needs to go home, and James is a shit friend for caring more that Max helps him get laid than he does Max. If Max were not Max Vanderpump (or the only one who would hang out with him besides LaLa) would James be friends with Max?

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 7

I'm on the fence about Schemer texting Arianna's mother. On the one hand, Arianna's a humorless bitch and it was her mother who initiated the call, but on the other hand, was a full data dump to her mother necessary? Why did her mother then forward screen shots to Arianna? Like mother, like daughter, I guess. What was FI Tom hinting at when he said he had dirt on them?

Speaking of Schemer, why did she feel the need to sneak that tequila to the beach a la It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia? I am surprised she didn't pull out a rum ham next! Isn't that a sign of being an alcoholic? Yeah, I understand you're not sppsd to have booze on the beach, but why not put it in a thermos or normal soft drink container? That would be a LOT less suspicious than seeing them sucking on suntan lotion tubes. Is Shay an alcoholic or pill-popper?

Am I the only one who saw Tom had pulled out his penis and was stroking when he joked about watching his girlfriend thru the blinds in their room?

I can only assume Max was wasted on the booze and his painkillers.

I'm tired of Lala trying to have it both ways with Jax. She knew Jax was "dating" Brittany and he was rationalizing, if not outright lieing, about dating her. Then she and Brittany going 'round and 'round about it...

Gawddamn, Jax sure looked sweaty and greasy!

• Love 4

Just wanted to say I am totally in team topless here. I HATE bikini tops and loathe wearing them simply because our society over sexualizes women's bodies. I understand if some women prefer to wear them for support or personal comfort, but it should be up to the woman. Breasts are not only for sex and people need to get the fuck over them (same with breastfeeding). I go topless whenever possible and if some creeper dude can't handle that it's his problem. I should to have to wear a burqa (or bikini) top because some men have not leaned to control their sexual thoughts. People like that will sexualize anything and that's not my problem.

This is simply an extension of Katie's Vegas problem. If she can't trust Schwartz (who acted like a pubescent boy "I saw boobs today) that's on him, not LaLa.

I would actually really like LaLa if she wasn't willing to suck face with James and flirt with Jax for camera time. She can't hide her physical revulsion for James. She pulls and leans away every time he kisses her. I bet his kisses with his grandmother have more passion.

• Love 9

Okay, I'm just going to ask - when did Jax become SO close to Kristen that he feels the need to mention her being left out over and over??? It just seems weird how suddenly close he's acting to her. I mean, it sucks for her that she couldn't come. But it would be awkward as hell for Sandoval. You've got your bros there, you got your gal. Calm down. 

I also like how he initially said he hoped no one would "cross the line" and would all just get along for the trip, then HE starts shit at the table with James and Lala. 

Brittany annoys the fuck out of me, otherwise I'd care that Jax treats her so shitty. But I really cannot stand girls like her. She's all up in Lala's face, but won't even entertain the possibility that the flirting was two-sided? That Jax was being shady before she moved out there? I know she wouldn't have the chance to see his current behavior until it aired, but she has surely seen past seasons, no? This guy is a notorious cheater and crosses more lines than 100 strikebreakers. 

I was hoping she'd actually listen to Lala and they'd both take Jax to task, but alas, Brittany is dumb. Did anyone else hear Jax say, "I'd never not do that"??? Is he really just that dumb? Or was that his clever way of not lying, but fooling everyone into thinking he was protesting what he did? 

So, the whole Scheana-Tom thing - I think Scheana was way out of line. Ariana sucks. But Tom is in no way "only out for himself". This is the guy who let his birthday dinner be upstaged by his best friend's proposal. He was super concerned about Shay's problems and immediately started trying to show him how to eat healthy and work out. Ariana may be acting like a bigger bitch than normal, but I don't think it's Tom's fault. And it was just stupid to say these things to Ariana's mom! She could have handled that a lot better. And Shay really needs to pipe down. I feel like he's in a bad position, because I am sure he does really care about Tom. But if he doesn't back Scheana up, he'll likely hear about it later. 

And it's so typical of Katie to immediately take Scheana's side. I like Katie, but she's such a follower. She did the same thing with Stassi. Scheana is the new HBIC, and she's going to back her no matter what. I just hope it doesn't fuck up her relationship with Schwartz. 

I also thought Katie was way too OTT about Lala's boobs. Yes, Lala does lead with her sexuality and it makes it seem like there's nothing more to her. But you freaking out about it so much just makes you seem jealous and insecure. But, girl, I do love your dino jammies! 

At first I thought it was so sweet of Lisa to send flowers. And it was. But I also realized this was her way of getting someone to call her, so she could get the low down on Max, without appearing nosy or overbearing. Clever girl! 

I love how Scheana wants to encourage moderation in Shay....by smuggling tequila shots on to the beach in the afternoon. Poor dude doesn't stand a chance. 

• Love 8

I think Lala is obnoxious and annoying, but I will say I saw nothing wrong with her going into the water and taking her top off. Based on what I saw, she isolated herself with the other young woman (whose name I can never remember) and they were just hanging out. Lala wasn't shaking her tits in anyone's face so I think Katie needs to chill. I think it's ridiculous when women are shamed for being nude. People are so uncomfortable with nudity in this country.

I wish I could have been a fly in the room when Brittany saw this episode. What an idiot. Jax is a piece of shit. I had a brief moment where I thought Brittany would be like, Lala probably isn't lying, but no, she sat there and actually believed that her bf who is notorious for cheating did not cheat. According to WWHL last night, Jax and Brittany are still together. Gross.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 7

I think all this Debbie Downer shit is now the running gag with Ariana....it has to be by now. Every week this season it has been her having some issue with everyone else where she whines that she can't just have a good time because of   ______ . So far this season (off the top of my head) it's been the "heteronormative" boys' trip, those stupid mixed drinks for the homeless kids' dinner, her birthday and Tom leaving the next day, Kristen and her mere existence, and now Scheana's conversation with her mom (and we have no idea how long ago said text conversation took place). I have kept trying to give Ariana the benefit of the doubt....but she really is just tiring to listen to and (probably) depressing person to be around unless everyone is agreeing with her. No wonder she and Sandoval seem to isolate so much....they both think they are too cool and above everyone else.

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 10

Ahhh beautiful, lush Hawaii. Even these chucklefucks managed to make it look dirty!  J/K - kind of.  Hiking to the waterfalls was one of my favorite parts of visiting Hawaii.  However, oddly enough, none of us felt the need to take out bathing suit tops off once we got there!

I actually do think that Americans can be a bit prude-ish when it comes to nudity. I loved going to the nude beaches in Jamaica - very liberating.  However, getting a glimpse at the Hedonism resort next door (all nude, all the time.... all ages and body shapes) made me realize that I'm "ok" with being a bit of a prudish American sometimes!

(That being said, I really do think Lala was being an exhibitionist purely for attention and camera time)

SFoster21, on 18 Jan 2016 - 10:09 PM, said:

Weird to me.

It wasn't weird to me at all considering a) they are hardly a "new" couple - they've been together for many years and they're not teenagers or even 20-somethings anymore.  But, moreso, b) they've addressed their "lack of sex" issues in previous seasons.  It was definitely an issue when they went to see that couples' therapist last year (although I thought I remembered it being Tom the one who was rebuffing Katie's advances?). 

Okay, I'm just going to ask - when did Jax become SO close to Kristen that he feels the need to mention her being left out over and over??? It just seems weird how suddenly close he's acting to her.

I think they've known each other for a long time - close to 10 years.  I've read (and heard) interviews from both of them that they used to be very close - although they obviously had a falling out there when the whole "sleeping together" incident occurred!

• Love 2

Brittany annoys the fuck out of me, otherwise I'd care that Jax treats her so shitty. But I really cannot stand girls like her. She's all up in Lala's face, but won't even entertain the possibility that the flirting was two-sided? That Jax was being shady before she moved out there? I know she wouldn't have the chance to see his current behavior until it aired, but she has surely seen past seasons, no? This guy is a notorious cheater and crosses more lines than 100 strikebreakers. 

I was hoping she'd actually listen to Lala and they'd both take Jax to task, but alas, Brittany is dumb. Did anyone else hear Jax say, "I'd never not do that"??? Is he really just that dumb? Or was that his clever way of not lying, but fooling everyone into thinking he was protesting what he did? 

I feel a dilemma when it comes to Brittany. I WANT to feel sorry for her because Jax is such a creep, but then--she's chosen to date JAX. Wait--not only DATE him, move across the country for him!!! And, apparently, believe him at all costs. 

I totally lean on the side of Jax's responses intentionally being vague, misleading, and poorly stated, in an effort to obfuscate his true meaning. I think he's good at it, at this point. I don't think he's the smartest tool in the shed, but I do think he's sly like a fox. 

• Love 7
Weird to me.

Oh I think it's been longer than a week. The way Schwartz was acting, it wouldn't surprise me if it had been several weeks. A month. I actually agreed with Lala when she basically said Katie should stop worrying about other chic's boobs and give her man some lovin'.

i had a friend who did exactly what Scheana did - called my mother to talk about my behavior. Moms told her I was a grown up, suggested she think about becoming one herself and hung up on her.

To be fair, I think it was Ariana's mom who reached out to Scheana, and asked if she was doing okay. But I do think Scheana could have handled it better. She could have expressed some concerns in a more diplomatic way, without throwing Sandoval under the bus.

• Love 3

I actually kind of think this Brittany has a lot more maturity and decorum than the lot of 'em. Like she said, she has no reason (yet) to distrust Jax, so she's giving him--the guy she chose--the benefit of the doubt before making some kind of rash decision. Sure, we know what he's like but maybe she doesn't. Maybe she does but doesn't really care, or believes it's an act--or maybe she's acting for the exposure? She's certainly not the first person to fall for a player with the hope that something positive may come of it. She calmly said she was going to talk to Look-at-Me Lala, and she did--no yelling, no immediate slut-shaming, no drink-throwing (boo!), not even the requisite reality-show drunken crying in public. Call me easily impressed, but she kept her cool in an uncomfortable situation better than the rest of this cast.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8

I actually kind of think this Brittany has a lot more maturity and decorum than the lot of 'em. Like she said, she has no reason (yet) to distrust Jax, so she's giving him--the guy she chose--the benefit of the doubt before making some kind of rash decision. Sure, we know what he's like but maybe she doesn't. Maybe she does but doesn't really care, or believes it's an act--or maybe she's acting for the exposure? She's certainly not the first person to fall for a player with the hope that something positive may come of it. She calmly said she was going to talk to Look-at-Me Lala, and she did--no yelling, no immediate slut-shaming, no drink-throwing (boo!), not even the requisite reality-show drunken crying in public. Call me easily impressed, but she kept her cool in an uncomfortable situation better than the rest of this cast.

I definitely agree that, when it comes to handling conflict, she shows more maturity than the rest of these folks. (See: Sandoval, Tom, "Reaction to Kristen's Possible Appearance on the Hawaii Trip.")

Going right to Lala to discuss? Now, there's a novel thought. Whereas, as the SUR back alley tweeted about another situation: "Housewives would talk around it over 10 brunches." hashtag truth.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 7

trying to give Ariana the benefit of the doubt....but she really is just tiring to listen to and (probably) depressing person to be around unless everyone is agreeing with her. No wonder she and Sandoval seem to isolate so much....they both think they are too cool and above everyone else.

Remember her "introductory" episode?  She was having drinks with Sheana and she was like, "sorry, but I am prettier than you, I am smarter than you, get over it..." (toward Kristen)  She has been this way ALL ALONG! 

Also, I happen to catch that episode again and she looks so different in that scene.  Like 10 years older than she is.  Weird!

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 2

Speaking of Schemer, why did she feel the need to sneak that tequila to the beach a la It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia? I am surprised she didn't pull out a rum ham next! Isn't that a sign of being an alcoholic? Yeah, I understand you're not sppsd to have booze on the beach, but why not put it in a thermos or normal soft drink container? That would be a LOT less suspicious than seeing them sucking on suntan lotion tubes. Is Shay an alcoholic or pill-popper?

Am I the only one who saw Tom had pulled out his penis and was stroking when he joked about watching his girlfriend thru the blinds in their room?

To quote an article written in November, 2015 in the People magazine website;

"When asked by Vanderpump what the problems have been, Marie (Sheana), 30, replies, "It all just started kind of around like (2014) Christmas time. I noticed, just a few months in, I noticed his drinking increased a lot – just more than drinking."

In addition to drinking, Marie reveals to Vanderpump, 55, that Shay started to mix prescription drugs with alcohol – sometimes taking as many as five pills a day."

Sheana knows that one addiction generally accompanies another. She has lectured Shay in previous episodes about his drinking and has even encouraged him to 'get a buzz' on from alcohol but not to drink enough to fall down drunk or pass out. So his drunk and alcohol abuse began in 2014 and was only revealed to the public via the show in Nov. 2015 after he disappeared and ran to his parents house. It's evident that Sheana doesn't make any connection between alcohol and drug abuse and even if she did, she's not going to stop drinking with the rest of the crew just to save Shay.

Oh, and yes I also saw the imitation of masturbation that Tom did through the louvers into the bathroom. These people act like 14 year old hormonal teenagers, but have the mental sharpness and agility of a 9 year old. They're all borderline mentally challenged. Can any of us actually see something of any intellectual value of any of these people? Pick out just one if you can that you could imagine finishing college, getting a Master's degree and pursuing a career in medicine, philosophy or engineering.

For example, paraphrasing something Sheana said, "Tom and Ariana put themselves up on this pedestool"

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 2

I did hear that & it wasn't not funny!

Is James going for a "Jimmy Neutron" look? His hair was out of control last night. While Jax was showing his ass when he got all worked up about the LaLa PDA, it was grossing me the f out too. There's a time & place for that & the dinner table isn't it.

LaLa looked so pretty without makeup.

Damn, Tom Schwartz stood up for Tom Sandoval in the hotel room more than he has stood up for Katie ever. The injured way he goes, "Don't say, 'that's the Tom Sandoval interpretation'!", LOL.

Scheana loses even more points for her reaction to the confrontation, though. If Ariana's mom really did initiate the texts--which is weird to begin with--Scheana should have focused more on that rather than all the ways she's been right all along. I think, and this is based on absolutely no evidence, that both Tom and Ariana feel like they HAVE to be soulmates 2getha 4eva because of the way they hooked up, for the sake of the show and to prove a point to everyone involved with VPR, and both of them are stubborn and happy enough that they aren't recognizing that they aren't right for each other, or at the very least that they have their own serious issues. YMMV.

Tom's ode to the flat iron was so cute. I kept thinking he was going to get Shakespearean. Forsooth, and yonder with thine eyes a flat iron appears and heats to 190 degrees in a fortnight... (I know this makes no sense). I felt kind of bad for him when Ariana shut him down. She kind of deflates him. Whoever called her grumpy cat was right. Especially when Scheana said she was negative and Ariana responded "GOOD." Pure Grumpy Cat.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 6

I don't know why the hell I continue to watch -- just one question . . . as has been asked many times before by many people -- just how the fuck old are these people???? I realize this is a t.v. show and there has to be "drama" but this episode was just ridiculous!!!

• Love 1

Tom's ode to the flat iron was so cute. I kept thinking he was going to get Shakespearean. Forsooth, and yonder with thine eyes a flat iron appears and heats to 190 degrees in a fortnight... (I know this makes no sense). I felt kind of bad for him when Ariana shut him down. She kind of deflates him. Whoever called her grumpy cat was right. Especially when Scheana said she was negative and Ariana responded "GOOD." Pure Grumpy Cat.

Bonus points if he had gone on the balcony to deliver it!

I totally think these flat iron appearances are shoutouts to us viewers. Either from Sandoval, or the producers, or a combination.

• Love 5

Wait, what?  Wait, what?  Running to watch this ep on demand -- well, maybe not running.  Given that Bravo ain't allowed to show peen, was this a porn version of VPR?  The one where Sandoval ditches sour/dour Ari & reveals his true relationship with his flat iron?

Remember her "introductory" episode?  She was having drinks with Sheana and she was like, "sorry, but I am prettier than you, I am smarter than you, get over it..." (toward Kristen)  She has been this way ALL ALONG!

Mmmmhmmm. Ariana has ALWAYS been a negative, stuck-up bitch. So I don't know why Scheana is acting like this is somehow new, or Tom's fault. 

Tom's ode to the flat iron was so cute. I kept thinking he was going to get Shakespearean. Forsooth, and yonder with thine eyes a flat iron appears and heats to 190 degrees in a fortnight... (I know this makes no sense). I felt kind of bad for him when Ariana shut him down. She kind of deflates him.

She ALWAYS does that. Same way she made fun of his high school poems. Nothing is ever cool or funny unless the irreverent Ariana utters it. 

Wait, what?  Wait, what?  Running to watch this ep on demand -- well, maybe not running.  Given that Bravo ain't allowed to show peen, was this a porn version of VPR?  The one where Sandoval ditches sour/dour Ari & reveals his true relationship with his flat iron?

I think he was just mimicking jacking off to Ariana through the slats. I don't think he actually pulled his member out. 

These guys never do that unless they're alone with other guys. 

• Love 9

Isn't it Sandoval who was best man (or one of) for Shay? And isn't it Sandoval that went out of his way to have a shirt custom made for Shay for his wedding day? STFU Sheana. Sandoval is a better friend to his buddies and cares more about them than you will ever think about being to anyone. SHE is the one who is self obsessed. Just look at the way she treats her husband.  She was totally out of line saying those things to Ariana's mother. 

To be a couple in your early 30's and not having sex for long periods of time is weird, I don't care how long they have been together This is when you are at your sexual peak. Katie and Schwartz have been joking about this for a long time, it's not a recent thing. If it works for them then who cares.  Just sayin' it's not the norm and something is a little off there. 

• Love 5