Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Tracks

Even so, condos have rules and if you breech the rules you could be forced out of your condo. If Alicia has been violating her condo board rules, that could be a consequence, though it would be more likely she'd be forced to shut down her at home business in x number of days for a first offence. But I can only assume it'll be the most over the top reaction since TV and that'll give Alicia a chance to win against someone who isn't LAL for once.

• Love 2

I was expecting Lucca and Rowby's fling to be exposed in court, something along the lines of "as an example of how I can quickly write songs, here's one I put together last night after Ms. Quinn and I got it on"

• Love 4

Why doesn't Alicia just go back to Lockhart/Agos/Lee/Lyman/Canning/Whoeverthehell? Yes, they tried to screw her. That's why you make demands like a big signing bonus and a partnership or whatever. Wasn't she complaining about money? Doesn't she have to send her second kid to college? And why would she be a package deal with Lica? Even if Alicia held out Luca is clearly ready to jump ship, and the firm would take her even just to make their diversity problem go away. This whole plot line is dumb, and I don't care if Eli and Alicia are friends. 

I like the bitchy defence lawyer though. 

• Love 6

I like the bitchy defence lawyer though. 

Do you mean the plaintiff's attorney?  (Alicia represented the defense.)  I agree Christine Lahti is awesome.  They had quite a parade of mature actresses in this episode -- Kelly Bishop, Marsha Mason, Christine Lahti.  I'm sorry, but it was ridiculous to see Grace representing Alicia at the condo board meeting.  And I do not know condo law in Illinois, but while they could apply heavy fines, they cannot appropriate someone's home, unless the fine exceeded the value of the home, in which case they would need to go to court.  A board does not have the authority to evict, in my experience of condo law.  

No show next week; back on the 31st. 

• Love 3

I know it's bad when the only scene that seemed genuine was between Grace and Alicia at the end.

Hint to musician:  In my humble opinion, you can be right, but being an ass throughout the trial still gets you the right to lose.  Sorry.

I am reminded of George Harrison's tribulations over  My Sweet Lord , when the judge ridiculously ruled that he copied the song from He's So Fine. 

Not only are there only two law firms in Chicago, but apparently there are only three clients in the entire city.

Kalucca is showing her stripes a bit.

ETA: 

Closer to Jonathan Coulton.

Keep in mind this particular article is two years old.  He talks about Will Gardner and Rowby's sidekick, and I was reading this and saying to myself "What the hell did I miss?"

Edited by Dowel Jones
  • Love 1

I was expecting Lucca and Rowby's fling to be exposed in court, something along the lines of "as an example of how I can quickly write songs, here's one I put together last night after Ms. Quinn and I got it on"

Think it kinda was exposed.  Tongue kissing your defense counsel in open court is a dead give away.  And Alicia's so out-of-it she didn't even address it with Lucca.  Does she want her firm known as two chicks who make out in public with their clients?  Yeesh.

On other fronts, I love Marissa, but she seems to be a bit over-sexed for her age.  Daddy's nightmare.  Eli continues to be sad, sad, sad.

Only ten posts on this episode so far.  Folks must really be done with this show.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 2

Eli continues to be sad, sad, sad.

Well, I guess someone thought the world would stop turning if some man was not brooding over the loss of Alicia, and everyone else has already left the show or been there/done that. When they showed Eli looking sadly at a picture frame as he picked it up, I said "Oh, do not even!" and, sure enough, it was his apparent framed "fun" selfie with Alicia. At first I thought it would be a photo of Alicia and her favorite costar - her front door - but I guess that would have been too meta. MTV's plot lines are more mature and believable.

Why doesn't Alicia just go back to Lockhart/Agos/Lee/Lyman/Canning/Whoeverthehell? Yes, they tried to screw her. That's why you make demands like a big signing bonus and a partnership or whatever.

It's hilarious to me that one of the arcs this season is how screwed over Alicia has been by Lockhart, etc. because the writers should probably assume viewers have watched past seasons. I can't forget that she only got in the door through Will's handout, then managed the associate position over Cary due to her connections to Will and the SA, and then was the only associate made partner while the rest had their offers rescinded. And it was Alicia who took all of that good will and fortune and sat there collecting her new salary and masterminding a plan to get back her partner contribution, all while lying, setting up a new business and poaching clients. So what if she was political poison after she left her job to run for SA and chose to take the fall for a crooked election because she was interested in more power down the road, I mean, how is that the firm's bad practice? When, after years of being treated far better than the other Lockhart/Gardner employees, she finally decided she was ready to slum it and (maybe) stay put and work for a while, she didn't get her way, and so that's an injustice!? And, since Kalinda (and Robin) disappeared, she is almost comically stupid about all cases: who the client is, what their case is about, why they're even there... I mean, Cary had to point out what the case was and how it might be worth money after literally walking to her door and pushing farther in against her mean face to point out that a music industry win could equal money!? The show is doing the character no favors. Luca definitely is more believable as the lawyer L, A, &L would want to poach. 

Agreed. But how can they evict her? Isn't it a condo that she bought? There was a plot about this.

All I could think when this stupid twist was introduced was, "Oh, so here is this week's 'oppressor' to remind us that poor Alicia is the underdog." They're going to run out of these eventually, short of killing off one of the kids, and even then it would be "Poor Alicia, she's lost the son she's disowned and didn't talk to for months/years (just like she did with Will), but boo hoo, poor her and her inability to learn to from any of her selfish behavior of the past 6 years." Again, Nope, not buying it show! And FWIW, if someone couldn't get their shit together with proper directions to their apartment and 20 people knocked on my door a day erroneously, week after week, I'd do a hell of a lot more than deliver their mail with a grimace and ask them to please straighten it out before finally giving up and complaining to the building. 

Kalucca is showing her stripes a bit.

But at least she's a human with a heartbeat who speaks and acts according to her feelings and wants on a regular basis, as opposed to Alicia's "I'm the saddest victim ever in the world who's been done wrong by everyone ever for all of time" stink eye/drinking/plate-throwing combo. I had to leave the room last week when emo Alicia and her sad, sad shades of self-sadness and sad, sad Clem Snide song (love the song though) on a loop were grumping around the bus because Alicia Mad, Alicia Wronged, Alicia Not Get Her Way!

Loved seeing Matthew Lillard though! I've really missed him since The Bridge was cancelled.

Edited by meisje
  • Love 14

Who does Alicia have left?? Is there anyone she hasn't lost and/or kicked out of her life in one way or another? Peter, Will, Zach, Grace, Eli, Marissa, Kalinda, Diane, Cary, everyone else at the law firm, anyone in the condo who may have still had good will toward her...

She's about to lose Luca as well. If JM is to interact with anyone in her scenes, they'll have to bring back Jason or introduce a plot line with her brother.

• Love 4

I really enjoyed this episode. I like Mathew Lillard's character - it's nice to see his nervous energy channeled into something not creepy - although I do wish he and Lucca's relationship would become an ongoing thing so we can see him again. Although, I suppose, as long as someone on this show is getting some even if just for an episode, I shouldn't complain.

On that note, now that Peter is out of the election, Jeffrey Dean Morgan can return from California, and he and Alicia can start Doing It with abandon.

I would also totally watch a spin-off called The Good Daughters, where Marissa and Grace team up to bring down minor-level corruptions throughout the city. That's a good pairing, those two. 

• Love 9

I could take this whole drama about the deleted voice-mail somewhat more seriously had Alicia not known about it ever since episode 8 of season 2. She even asked Will about it in episode 14 and he lied for a couple of reasons. ('I said, I think you made the right decision with Peter. And I didn't want us to be uncomfortable at work.') Later when they were together Will could have cleared that up but he probably saw no reason to do so. The show plays this whole thing as if Alicia hadn't even known about the second message and it feels like drama-milking and manipulative.

Also: Eli sighing over that selfie was just too much. Stop with sad-sack Eli because ice-queen Alicia put him in the dog-house. The character and Alan Cumming deserves better. And if Alicia wants keep pretending being the governor's wife she'll have to find a way to work with Eli or tell Peter to drop Eli for good. A professional like Eli would present her with these options. But once again the show won't have any plot that forces Alicia to finally make up her damn mind.

• Love 8

Leaving aside the issue of "can they evict someone from a condo?", which I honestly don't know the answer to....

I have this strange feeling that we were actually supposed to think the woman downstairs was a "bitch".  When in fact, she was very much the wronged party.  She lost the peace and enjoyment of her home because of Alicia's business.

There is a huge difference between a business that is being run so quietly that no one even knows it's there, and a business that is an active and open nuisance to the neighbors.  I was not cheering for Grace in the condo meeting, and kind of couldn't believe the show let her "win" this argument in that way.

The music case was another case of mysterious time frames.  It's an injunction! No, it's a lawsuit about a contract!  He won!  Wait, now he's being sued again and has to appear in court immediately to defend the "plagiarism" case.  And all of this takes place within a few days while Marissa runs back and forth between Eli and Alicia. 

I watch and I hate myself for it. It's awful.  I almost wonder if they've brought up the Will Gardner voicemail thing again to make us look back fondly on when this show had Will and was actually good.

• Love 18

I was cheering for Grace on one level because I do like her and like to see that she's growing. But Alicia is running a business out of her home and that goes against the Condo bylaws. Just because other people do it too doesn't mean Alicia is right. Her business is actively disturbing her neighbor. Its bringing strangers into this oddly buzzerless building, some of whom are actual criminals on DUI two or three. Her neighbours are right to be upset and should still demand that Alicia finds new office space.

And then, after Grace actually saves the firm again, Alicia fires her because Grace deserves better or something. Whatever. Grace enjoyed the work and it was helping her develop her life skills. She was making money and liked the work. Obviously you can fire anyone for any reason, but I was upset on her behalf.

I hate seeing Eli moon over Alicia, even if its platonic mooning. I loved their strange friendship, but she's just awful and not worth this much angst. The truth is Eli did an awful thing. I hated him at the time, but it was six years ago, Alicia and Will still got together and she still chose to end things. I can't even with her pain. She has done this to herself with every choice she has made to push people away. She pushed Will away to stay with Peter when they were young and then did it again a few times as adults, pushed Kalinda away to punish her for the Peter sex while quickly forgiving him, she pushed Cary and Diane away because she had ambitions that failed, pushed Zack away because his girlfriend's choice was kept a secret from her, pushed her mother away for being her mother, pushed Jackie away for being Jackie, pushed all her other male suitors away for Peter or her career and now Eli because she hurts or whatever. Then she was a bitch to Marissa who has been nothing but kind to her and I don't understand how the writers think the audience still cares about her.

If Eli leaves, I'm done. As it is, I use the fast forward button quite a bit.

• Love 11

Two consecutive posts featuring the word "awful."  Seems like this season's GW has incredible consensus-building powers.  Did anyone else notice how makeup and wardrobe made Grace look like a "mini-Alicia" in their final scene?  I hadn't seen any familial resemblance between the two previously.

• Love 1

Loved seeing Matthew Lillard though! I've really missed him since The Bridge was cancelled.

Totally agree. The episode was not much, but it was great seeing Matthew Lillard. He was so good in The Bridge. I really miss that show...

• Love 2

I also liked Marsha Mason.  I know that she's a long time, celebrated actor, but I know her from Frasier!  She's so cool.

Alexandra Wentworth, the wronged neighbour -- just adding this because I didn't see it discussed, she is "Schmoopy" from Seinfeld and George Stephanopolous's wife.  (If anything happened in a 90's sitcom, you can bet that Ms Blue Jay knows about it!)

The rest... I mean...anything besides the guest stars..... just  F*** it.  (Though of course I like Luca).

Loved your post meisje!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

When Marissa immediately knew that Will was in love with Alicia, didn't anyone remember that all of Chicago knows that because of the email leak? How is it that a show can bring back one-off characters from season 2 and expect us to remember tiny plot details from ages ago but they're determined to forget about the leaked emails showing Alicia had an affair with Will?

Edited by Tetraneutron
  • Love 5

Am I supposed to see Alicia and Eli as BFFs, and this as the biggest betrayal ever?  The way this is playing out it's like Alicia never knew Will had feelings for her, never knew about the voice mail message, never made the decision to stay with Peter (it was stupid of her to do so, but she did make that choice), and now Will is dead and Alicia has no other options except to stay with Peter.  {face palm}

Alicia and Lucca might as well go work with Lockhart, Aggos, etc.  It's either that or Canning's law firm since there are no other law firms in Illinois.  Besides two months from now Lockhart, Aggos, etc., will split up again.  It would be funny if it ended up being Alicia/David Lee vs. Diane/Cary/Lucca.

• Love 2

"Alexandra Wentworth, the wronged neighbour -- just adding this because I didn't see it discussed, she is "Schmoopy" from Seinfeld and George Stephanopolous's wife."

Also the weird boss at Dean & Deluca when Javier has to go back to Spain for a while on Felicity.

• Love 2

Pity they didn't save the business-at-home plot for a takeoff on Airbnb.

I live on a small street that has the same name as much bigger street not far away. Despite my best efforts, all sorts of people kept delivering/looking for me on the bigger street. A cab driver showed up once at 6am and rang the bell. "I went to <address on the bigger street>", he said, handing me a pile of stuff. "They had your mail." I sent them a thank-you post card; they never replied. I felt bad for them, but it wasn't my fault that people made these mistakes. Several characters indicated the problem in this instance was that the design of the elevator buttons had been changed. Obvious solution is to PUT THEM BACK.

• Love 5

Pity they didn't save the business-at-home plot for a takeoff on Airbnb.

I live on a small street that has the same name as much bigger street not far away. Despite my best efforts, all sorts of people kept delivering/looking for me on the bigger street. A cab driver showed up once at 6am and rang the bell. "I went to <address on the bigger street>", he said, handing me a pile of stuff. "They had your mail." I sent them a thank-you post card; they never replied. I felt bad for them, but it wasn't my fault that people made these mistakes. Several characters indicated the problem in this instance was that the design of the elevator buttons had been changed. Obvious solution is to PUT THEM BACK.

They said that they put in a new panel and now the 6 and the 9 are above each other.  WHAT?????  Are these people idiots?  Not one person going to see Alicia that day could tell the difference between a 6 and a 9?  I think the only people that would make that mistake are people who actually live on the 6th and 9th floors, they are in habit mode when they enter the elevator.  I getting all upset about this show again.  I had calmed down since my post this morning.  LOL 

• Love 6

I could not make any sense of "the 9 is above the 6" -- what?  I press a number on an elevator, not a position in a row.  And did they swap only the 9 and 6, or are all the buttons now in a reverse order, which means that the 9 and 6 are not a special problem.  Gah....

I once lived (rented) in a small condo building where one resident was running a photography business out of a rented unit -- clients and FedEx trucks constantly taking parking spaces and blocking driveways, and of course coming to my door all the time because they were too dim or lazy to climb to another floor.  It was miserable, and I did finally file a complaint that was underway when they had an industrial accident and had to move altogether.  So I did sympathize with the bitchy neighbor. 

• Love 8

Can someone tell me what the writers of this show are going for with these plotlines? Are they going for some type of lonely woman who never leaves her apartment? The Hermit Wife? Alicia has now officially alienated everyone in her life, including her law partner, including her own daughter who lives with her. I don't get it. And acting like Cary, frankly one of her biggest champions, has treated her like trash. He's the only one who seems to have any type of forward thinking, putting aside petty stuff for the bigger picture. 

Every time I watch them on screen, I wish Cary and Dianne were in a better show. Remember when we used to actually see them outside the context of the law firm? I miss them.

• Love 13

I have to say that I would be a bit squeamish about hiring a lawyer who is working out of her apartment; if you are a successful lawyer, why don't you have a law office?  Just paying the fees to have access to WestLaw and other databases would be most of the cost of doing business; a firm can provide that access because of the scale of the firm. 

I think the plotline, if there is one, is to restore Alicia to the big firm of changing names.  Especially if Luca goes, Alicia is in no position to run a law office and do all the necessary coverage (in court) and footwork (of depositions, etc.).  Will this be the final episode this season?   I hope they do not drag it out that far. 

• Love 3

The elevator number thing made no sense. If the new panel changed the layout of the numbers (like it was now a 3x3 grid plus a zero instead of two columns of five number, for example) and people were pushing the wrong buttons out of habit, then wouldn't it follow that other residents would be having the same problem? Like 504 was getting 804's mail and visitors? Why would a number pad layout change affect only one set of people? And why wouldn't Alicia be getting some of bitchy neighbours mail? Ugh.

I know about JM's issues with Kalinda (the actress), but are there other actors on the show she won't film with?

As for Grace, I'm kinda thinking she might sue Alicia for wrongful dismissal. Because the show would be that weird.

• Love 3

I have to say that I would be a bit squeamish about hiring a lawyer who is working out of her apartment; if you are a successful lawyer, why don't you have a law office?  Just paying the fees to have access to WestLaw and other databases would be most of the cost of doing business; a firm can provide that access because of the scale of the firm. 

Unless that lawyer was the governor's wife.  Still, I agree it's weird.  

I don't even recognize this show anymore.   I should have quit after last week when Alicia/JM wore sunglasses for almost the entire show but my DVR picked this episode up and so not being a quitter, I watched it.  But nothing really makes sense.  I'm still pissed that they brought Jeffery Dean Morgan on as I assume some sort of love interest but all that happened is he oozed his considerable charm and sex appeal all over the show and then they wrote him out without so much as a kiss between his character and Alicia.

But then Rowby announces his intense attraction to Luca within 30 seconds of meeting her and they are making out in the courthouse within a day or two.   Luckily that storyline evaporated as fast as it started unlike all the other plot points that went nowhere in the past couple of seasons, of which I find entirely too many.  

So long show. 

• Love 5

Unless that lawyer was the governor's wife.  Still, I agree it's weird.  

I don't even recognize this show anymore.   I should have quit after last week when Alicia/JM wore sunglasses for almost the entire show but my DVR picked this episode up and so not being a quitter, I watched it.  But nothing really makes sense.  I'm still pissed that they brought Jeffery Dean Morgan on as I assume some sort of love interest but all that happened is he oozed his considerable charm and sex appeal all over the show and then they wrote him out without so much as a kiss between his character and Alicia.

But then Rowby announces his intense attraction to Luca within 30 seconds of meeting her and they are making out in the courthouse within a day or two.   Luckily that storyline evaporated as fast as it started unlike all the other plot points that went nowhere in the past couple of seasons, of which I find entirely too many.  

So long show. 

My bold.  I was only hanging on for JDM & the potential story with him & Alicia, but in real life he's off to another show, so they've deep-sixed his character.  I'm not the slapping kind, but I could have slapped Alicia a few times last week & last night.  It's not going be a must-see on Sunday night, but I'll probably still watch at my convenience & when there's nothing better on.

• Love 1

The elevator number thing made no sense. If the new panel changed the layout of the numbers...and people were pushing the wrong buttons out of habit, then wouldn't it follow that other residents would be having the same problem? Like 504 was getting 804's mail and visitors? Why would a number pad layout change affect only one set of people?

I didn't get it either. And at least one of the clients (DUI guy) was a new visitor. He can't do anything out of habit if he's never been there. Are we supposed to think they can't tell a 6 from a 9?

I do think the problem would be more noticeable for Alicia, since she gets a lot of mail and deliveries, and has a steady stream of visitors. If I were a resident in that building, I'd be upset too. (Accused) criminals wandering the building? Nope.

When the building went condo, no doubt Alicia looked at the HOA agreement. She can't ignore the rules just because other people might be doing it too. Grace's impassioned speech that her mom is "a really good lawyer and stands up for herself" ignored the fact that she's still in violation of the agreement she signed.

• Love 9

I didn't get it either. And at least one of the clients (DUI guy) was a new visitor. He can't do anything out of habit if he's never been there. Are we supposed to think they can't tell a 6 from a 9?

I do think the problem would be more noticeable for Alicia, since she gets a lot of mail and deliveries, and has a steady stream of visitors. If I were a resident in that building, I'd be upset too. (Accused) criminals wandering the building? Nope.

When the building went condo, no doubt Alicia looked at the HOA agreement. She can't ignore the rules just because other people might be doing it too. Grace's impassioned speech that her mom is "a really good lawyer and stands up for herself" ignored the fact that she's still in violation of the agreement she signed.

[emphasis mine] but it did ring true to a good old fashion Chicago shake down.  If I can't do it, then no one else is gonna do it either.  Or....we can all do it and be happy.  

• Love 2

I know there are upscale buildings without doormen -- but are we supposed to believe that this elegant building does not have an external buzzer intercom?  Any old Joe can walk in and start knocking on doors?  No key security in the elevator?  !!!!  Everyone just shows up at the condo units with packages and DUIs, complete access to the hallways.  I would be so freaked by this!  And we know there are at least nine floors, so this is a big building. 

• Love 14
I hate seeing Eli moon over Alicia, even if its platonic mooning. I loved their strange friendship, but she's just awful and not worth this much angst. The truth is Eli did an awful thing. I hated him at the time, but it was six years ago, Alicia and Will still got together and she still chose to end things. I can't even with her pain. She has done this to herself with every choice she has made to push people away. She pushed Will away to stay with Peter when they were young and then did it again a few times as adults, pushed Kalinda away to punish her for the Peter sex while quickly forgiving him, she pushed Cary and Diane away because she had ambitions that failed, pushed Zack away because his girlfriend's choice was kept a secret from her, pushed her mother away for being her mother, pushed Jackie away for being Jackie, pushed all her other male suitors away for Peter or her career and now Eli because she hurts or whatever. Then she was a bitch to Marissa who has been nothing but kind to her and I don't understand how the writers think the audience still cares about her.

If Eli leaves, I'm done. As it is, I use the fast forward button quite a bit.

Preach! 

At some point, Alicia is going to have to realize the reason she's alone and miserable is entirely due to her own choices all along the way.  Maybe then she can see that if she hurts, it's not because Eli erased a voice mail, but because she made all kinds of choices that have led to her being alone, unloving and unloveable. 

Who does Alicia have left?? Is there anyone she hasn't lost and/or kicked out of her life in one way or another? Peter, Will, Zach, Grace, Eli, Marissa, Kalinda, Diane, Cary, everyone else at the law firm, anyone in the condo who may have still had good will toward her...

She's about to lose Luca as well. If JM is to interact with anyone in her scenes, they'll have to bring back Jason or introduce a plot line with her brother.

Didn't she have a falling out with Owen recently-ish?  I recall them having a big fight, but now I can't remember why.  Maybe during her election run for SA?

• Love 3

I am getting dangerously close to being done with this show. Yet another episode that demonstrates how far this show has fallen.

I need them to get back to showing Alicia in a different mood, mindset, heck even place. The witchy version is just not entertaining.

I can only hope CBS does the smart thing and have them write a credible and satisfying series finale and just put this show out of its misery.

And really show, a parade of people who couldn't figure out the difference between the 6th floor and the 9th?. Oh dear

Edited by Noirprncess
  • Love 4

And really show, a parade of people who couldn't figure out the difference between the 6th floor and the 9th?. Oh dear

I'm still not quite sure how that happened - something about the buttons in the elevator arranged in the wrong order? And why would Marisa who's been to Alicia's apartment many times not notice that she's on the wrong floor?

This B-plot really underlined how wacky it is that Alicia apparently lives in a building with no doormen, visitors screening etc. She's the governor's wife - wouldn't the fact that she (and her daughter) live in an apartment that allows all and sundry to walk up to her door and ring the bell not rise a gazillion security issues? Also Alicia's marriage to Peter is only of consequence when the plot deals with Peter: none of her neighbors batted an eye at the idea of evicting the governor's wife and kid? No newspaper got wind of the story?

Had to laugh at Grace's line 'My mother is a great lawyer.' How about 'My father is the governor known for being a vindictive jerk and not having that much respect for the law - you really wanna go there?'

• Love 17

Also Alicia's marriage to Peter is only of consequence when the plot deals with Peter: none of her neighbors batted an eye at the idea of evicting the governor's wife and kid? No newspaper got wind of the story?

Ugh, seriously. Add that to the ridiculousness of Alicia having every Tom, DWI and Harry parading through her apartment when it is completely obvious that her husband the governor does not live there. How the show expects us to believe that the general public doesn't know they lead entirely separate lives is insulting.

And then, after Grace actually saves the firm again, Alicia fires her because Grace deserves better or something. Whatever. Grace enjoyed the work and it was helping her develop her life skills. She was making money and liked the work. Obviously you can fire anyone for any reason, but I was upset on her behalf.

I'm pretty sure Alicia "fired" Grace because of her grades. The downstairs neighbor said what they were when she brought her misdelivered report card to Alicia and they were not great - more Cs than Bs and no As, IIRC.

Edited by ktwo
  • Love 6

If I had been the downstairs neighbor, after the second person knocked on my door looking for Alicia, I would have put a sign on my door to the effect that "Alicia is in 903" (or whatever number it was).  Why was she putting up with all these people knocking on her door.  I did like Grace pulling a "Harper Valley PTA" on the condo board.   But, come on -- no security for the Governor's wife?  She just opens her door to anyone who knocks.  I don't even do that, and I'm just a little nobody out in suburbia. An injunction, trial, new complaint, new trial, all within a few days?   Sometimes I watch this show just to see how ridiculous it can get. 

• Love 3

They said that they put in a new panel and now the 6 and the 9 are above each other.  WHAT?????  Are these people idiots?  Not one person going to see Alicia that day could tell the difference between a 6 and a 9?  I think the only people that would make that mistake are people who actually live on the 6th and 9th floors, they are in habit mode when they enter the elevator.  I getting all upset about this show again.  I had calmed down since my post this morning.  LOL 

It was really dumb.  I could understand it confusing people if the 6 is where the 9 used to be and people who come all the time didn't realize it. But those people should have noticed that they were on a different floor than they usually are. And new people that hadn't been there before should just push the button with the 9 regardless of what is above/below it.  Or are all these people dyslexic? I felt bad for the neighbor, I would have stopped opening my door.  Or put up a sign or something.

Didn't she have a falling out with Owen recently-ish?  I recall them having a big fight, but now I can't remember why.  Maybe during her election run for SA?

She and Owen did argue during her campaign, it had to do with something he did that could make her look bad and she wanted him to make a statement about it.  Or something like that. It was the same episode where they made Alicia's mother apologize for spanking a bratty kid in some store. I don't remember if she and Owen ended the episode on bad terms or resolved things.